NATION

PASSWORD

In the Name of the King (Medieval, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 10:23 am

Laurvier wrote:Royal Council Chambers

Sir Abram Calvely had stood out of respect when the Queen entered and bowed. He only sat when she did, the golden chain of his office clinking with his movements against the contrasting simple leather jerkin he wore. Next to Abram was a small book on the table. There were larger ones at his estate and office within the Wolf's Den. All under guard by his own personal men-at-arms. The realm's finances were a state secret that had to be closely guarded. Although his brother, Alden, regularly viewed them. Much of the debt belonged to him anyways and Abram was his man on the Council. He had arrived just before the Queen. The Calvelys were skilled courtiers and it was never wise to arrive later than the royals. Although he had missed the argument between his fellow council members.

Abram Calvely raised an eyebrow at Lord Jarbary's suggestion. "Is that so? I thought matters of finances and debt were my responsibility. Forgive me, but is it not the Admiral's duty to maintain the royal fleet and make sure its costs are efficient?" Abram asked then looked to Lord Leithianor. "If Lord Leithianor is so wealthy he can purchase the entire fleet then perhaps he should draw from his own purse to maintain it until such efficiency can be acquired. Such is our duty as vassals is it not? It is unseemly anyways that a vassal be so well funded and the Crown not." He said, words beyond reproach for House Calvely had been bankrolling the Crown for years now. "Plus, without a Royal Fleet your seat on this Council would become moot would it not?

Gared said welcomingly,"It is so good of you to finally come. I explained to him that if he wishes to purchase the fleet he just speak with you and maintain that fleet with his own purse. I have no quarry I speak on the behalf of the king until the queen or a representative comes to sit on his behalf. The queen is here now so she will use her own judgement on the matter, I will resume my position as the King's closest advisor." The door to council room opens disrupting the meeting. Gared gets up from his seat,"Can you not see we are in a meeting?" The messenger says,"My lord it's urgent, two messages one from Lord Griffin another from Lord Seral." He leaves giving the letters to Lord Jarbary. Gared sits down and opens them quickly, his expression staying the same the whole time he read the first letter. Lord Seral wished to marry my daughter Janice. He'd expected this, he just wasn't sure who would ask. The next letter was much more discerning. Lord Griffin had died leaving his son to take the house leadership. The lord had died in his sleep. There would be much drama when he returned home, but for now he was in a meeting or the king's council. His duty to serve the crown comes before everything else. He seals the letters and resumes his position advising the King or his representative.
Last edited by Albertae on Sat May 28, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Laurvier
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sat May 28, 2016 11:52 am

Royal Council Chambers

"Speak on behalf of the King?" Abram said looking confused to add effect. "I thought the King's Man is only the King's senior adviser not Regent. Unless the King is indisposed or incapable of rule. The good King Draako is very capable and absence from a single council meeting hardly rises to the level of indisposed. But very well, as you say." Abram stated.

Darkhold

Alaric Calvely sat upon the stool, naked in the castle dungeon. It was cold, dark and damp. Beads of sweat steamed down his chest and back. He was taking deep breaths, admiring the fruits of his labor when Anders entered. A young maiden or the corpse of one stood in front off them with hands chained up high above her head. Her back was a mutilated mess. The flesh, parts of which still hung off, had been torn apart by a cat-o-nine tails.

"Did you pleasure yourself adequately brother?" Anders said.

Casually, Alaric set down the cat-o-nine tails and pulled on his trousers without shame having just climaxed. He ignored the question, annoyed at having been interrupted. "She was a weaver's daughter. Husband died of fever several months ago and left her the mother of one child. What should we do with the lass? I picked her up too when I took her." It was usually Ander's duty and pleasure to pick out the women used for his brother's amusement. He would usually enjoy them himself before handing them over.

"Get rid of the child." Alaric said.

"Very well." Anders replied.

He reminded himself to cut the little girl's throat later and have the men-at-arms dump her body in one of the nearby swamps. Along with the body of her pretty mother who had agonizingly died just now. Without another word, Alaric picked up a knife and walked over to the chain up slumping corpse. He went to the other side of it to look upon her pretty face.

"Her eyes were delightful to gaze upon. I think I'll keep them." Alaric said and began to wrench them out with the knife. Anders just stood there with an amused grin.

One he had the bloody organs in his hands Alaric walked back over to the table and dropped them into a jar with some kind of preservative fluid. Anders snapped his fingers loudly. Two burly looking men wearing black brigandines entered. These were Ander's sellswords. Ones he had paid for with his own stipend. He pointed at the body. They proceeded to unchain her and would dump the body in the swamp later for the flies and carrion birds.

The two brothers, one heir and other bastard born excited the dungeon. Alaric had put his shirt back on. "Is everything ready for us to depart to the capital?" He asked Anders.

"Yes brother."

"Good. I want to leave on the morrow."
Last edited by Laurvier on Sat May 28, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 pm

"Speak on behalf of the King?" Abram said looking confused to add effect. "I thought the King's Man is only the King's senior adviser not Regent. Unless the King is indisposed or incapable of rule. The good King Draako is very capable and absence from a single council meeting hardly rises to the level of indisposed. But very well, as you say." Abram stated.

Darkhold

Alaric Calvely sat upon the stool, naked in the castle dungeon. It was cold, dark and damp. Beads of sweat steamed down his chest and back. He was taking deep breaths, admiring the fruits of his labor when Anders entered. A young maiden or the corpse of one stood in front off them with hands chained up high above her head. Her back was a mutilated mess. The flesh, parts of which still hung off, had been torn apart by a cat-o-nine tails.

"Did you pleasure yourself adequately brother?" Anders said.

Casually, Alaric set down the cat-o-nine tails and pulled on his trousers without shame having just climaxed. He ignored the question, annoyed at having been interrupted. "She was a weaver's daughter. Husband died of fever several months ago and left her the mother of one child. What should we do with the lass? I picked her up too when I took her." It was usually Ander's duty and pleasure to pick out the women used for his brother's amusement. He would usually enjoy them himself before handing them over.

"Get rid of the child." Alaric said.

"Very well." Anders replied.

He reminded himself to cut the little girl's throat later and have the men-at-arms dump her body in one of the nearby swamps. Along with the body of her pretty mother who had agonizingly died just now. Without another word, Alaric picked up a knife and walked over to the chain up slumping corpse. He went to the other side of it to look upon her pretty face.

"Her eyes were delightful to gaze upon. I think I'll keep them." Alaric said and began to wrench them out with the knife. Anders just stood there with an amused grin.

One he had the bloody organs in his hands Alaric walked back over to the table and dropped them into a jar with some kind of preservative fluid. Anders snapped his fingers loudly. Two burly looking men wearing black brigandines entered. These were Ander's sellswords. Ones he had paid for with his own stipend. He pointed at the body. They proceeded to unchain her and would dump the body in the swamp later for the flies and carrion birds.

The two brothers, one heir and other bastard born excited the dungeon. Alaric had put his shirt back on. "Is everything ready for us to depart to the capital?" He asked Anders.

"Yes brother."

"Good. I want to leave on the morrow."

Gared says after reading his letter,"I have served 8 years as His Excellency's King's Man. My house has served as his King's Man since the first generation. I believe I have the knowledge and have served long enough to be informed on how to speak on behalf the king. Now the Queen is here and she is certainly the most informed on how to speak on the king's behalf so let's let her highness speak as she deserves rightfully to do so."
Last edited by Albertae on Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sat May 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Sir Abram Calvely had stood out of respect when the Queen entered and bowed. He only sat when she did, the golden chain of his office clinking with his movements against the contrasting simple leather jerkin he wore. Next to Abram was a small book on the table. There were larger ones at his estate and office within the Wolf's Den. All under guard by his own personal men-at-arms. The realm's finances were a state secret that had to be closely guarded. Although his brother, Alden, regularly viewed them. Much of the debt belonged to him anyways and Abram was his man on the Council. He had arrived just before the Queen. The Calvelys were skilled courtiers and it was never wise to arrive later than the royals. Although he had missed the argument between his fellow council members.

Abram Calvely raised an eyebrow at Lord Jarbary's suggestion. "Is that so? I thought matters of finances and debt were my responsibility. Forgive me, but is it not the Admiral's duty to maintain the royal fleet and make sure its costs are efficient?" Abram asked then looked to Lord Leithianor. "If Lord Leithianor is so wealthy he can purchase the entire fleet then perhaps he should draw from his own purse to maintain it until such efficiency can be acquired. Such is our duty as vassals is it not? It is unseemly anyways that a vassal be so well funded and the Crown not." He said, words beyond reproach for House Calvely had been bankrolling the Crown for years now. "Plus, without a Royal Fleet your seat on this Council would become moot would it not?"

He leaned back in his chair and took a breath. "I also have another proposal. One that would allow the Crown to keep its ships and increase their value. For the time being, allow me to lend the ships to my brother Count Alden. He will put them to use as trading ships. The Crown will take a generous profit and I can convince my brother to guarantee their value if they are to be lost at sea through storm or foul piracy."

''I make a better counter offer, we'll stop paying the debt we own to our creditors until our coffers are full again and we'll sell lesser titles for a ridiculous amount of money, traders will do anything to increase their low status even if that means ruining their lifes, with that policy our red numbers will dissapear more sooner than we thought. More barons and counts will appear but the only ones that shall worry are the members of the lesser nobility, the King and the Great lords status will remain unreachable and untouchable. Concerning the Moonshae islands, my alchemist and witchers are working hard to create weapon that could defeat the beast that protect them but until then We shall prepare our defenses. As a great lord and Admiral of the Fleets, the ships will be in good hands if you let me purchase them.''

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Cuprum wrote:

Abram Calvely raised an eyebrow at Lord Jarbary's suggestion. "Is that so? I thought matters of finances and debt were my responsibility. Forgive me, but is it not the Admiral's duty to maintain the royal fleet and make sure its costs are efficient?" Abram asked then looked to Lord Leithianor. "If Lord Leithianor is so wealthy he can purchase the entire fleet then perhaps he should draw from his own purse to maintain it until such efficiency can be acquired. Such is our duty as vassals is it not? It is unseemly anyways that a vassal be so well funded and the Crown not." He said, words beyond reproach for House Calvely had been bankrolling the Crown for years now. "Plus, without a Royal Fleet your seat on this Council would become moot would it not?"

He leaned back in his chair and took a breath. "I also have another proposal. One that would allow the Crown to keep its ships and increase their value. For the time being, allow me to lend the ships to my brother Count Alden. He will put them to use as trading ships. The Crown will take a generous profit and I can convince my brother to guarantee their value if they are to be lost at sea through storm or foul piracy."

''I make a better counter offer, we'll stop paying the debt we own to our creditors until our coffers are full again and we'll sell lesser titles for a ridiculous amount of money, traders will do anything to increase their low status even if that means ruining their lifes, with that policy our red numbers will dissapear more sooner than we thought. More barons and counts will appear but the only ones that shall worry are the members of the lesser nobility, the King and the Great lords status will remain unreachable and untouchable. Concerning the Moonshae islands, my alchemist and witchers are working hard to create weapon that could defeat the beast that protect them but until then We shall prepare our defenses. As a great lord and Admiral of the Fleets, the ships will be in good hands if you let me purchase them.''

Gared was outraged at the idea scoffs,"That's a horrible idea! We can't afford to dilute the lesser nobility any further then we already have."
My Political Compass:

Laurvier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sat May 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Royal Council Chambers

Abram looked directly to the Queen. "Forgive the Lord Admiral your highness. He misunderstands matters of finance and banking. You see, for the Crown to not honor a debt would be terribly unwise. My brother is your vassal and a generous man of course but House Calvely cannot serve as the Crown's bankers alone. When word spreads of the Crown's refusal of payment all other creditors would close their doors to us or worse, fund its enemies. Such an outcome would be unthinkable. We do not know what greater financial burdens the Crown may have to bear in the future. Tis better to be prepared and have lines of credit available should we need it." He said in a matter of fact manner yet internally flabbergasted at the stupidity of the suggestion.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Abram looked directly to the Queen. "Forgive the Lord Admiral your highness. He misunderstands matters of finance and banking. You see, for the Crown to not honor a debt would be terribly unwise. My brother is your vassal and a generous man of course but House Calvely cannot serve as the Crown's bankers alone. When word spreads of the Crown's refusal of payment all other creditors would close their doors to us or worse, fund its enemies. Such an outcome would be unthinkable. We do not know what greater financial burdens the Crown may have to bear in the future. Tis better to be prepared and have lines of credit available should we need it." He said in a matter of fact manner yet internally flabbergasted at the stupidity of the suggestion.

Gared looks straight at Cavely in agreement,"It would not only tarnish the Crown's reputation, but the foreign bankers would tell traders and kingdoms of the east that we are unreliable and dishonorable thieves. We mustn't do this."
My Political Compass:

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sat May 28, 2016 3:46 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cuprum wrote:

Gared was outraged at the idea scoffs,"That's a horrible idea! We can't afford to dilute the lesser nobility any further then we already have."

''You are scared because you'll have more capable competitors. The nobility of sword will always be superior to the nobility of parchments. The money we will earn with the sell of nobility parchments will solve our financial problems, we won't need creditors anymore if the profit is well administrated. It's a shame that you only care about your status than the well being of the realm.''
Last edited by Cuprum on Sat May 28, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Albertae wrote:

''You are scared because you'll have more capable competitors. The nobility of sword will always be superior to the nobility of parchments. The money we will earn with the sell of nobility parchments will solve our financial problems, we won't need creditors anymore if the profit is well administrated. It's a shame that you only care about your status than the well being of the realm.''

"The well-being of the kingdom relies on the powerful nobles! If we have more minor nobles it just means more instability and infighting. I would sacrifice my title and power in a second if it meant serving out the king's word and keeping this kingdom standing!" Gared is outraged and being as furious as he is, he sits down ignoring the rest of the filth coming from the Admiral's mouth.
Last edited by Albertae on Sat May 28, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Laurvier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sat May 28, 2016 4:00 pm

"Once again Lord Leithianor displays his naivete. A title of nobility is a precious thing the value of which cannot be measured by traditional means. Tis a value that must be treasured. What happens when too much grain enters the markets? The value of it plummets. We've all seen the phenomena before. If we were to sell titles as if they were trinkets, I fear the same outcome. Are we prepared to accept such a consequence? Merchant Barons, Earls and Counts without running around flaunting their newly purchased titles and being granted the legal privileges of such as well? If it is necessary then so be it but as Steward of the Coin whose expertise and responsibility lay in matters of finance, I say it is not. Your highness, gentlemen, the Crown may be in debt yes but it can afford to pay off those debts with time and borrow more right now if need be. I would however, advise against unnecessary extravagances for the time being." Abram explained calmly.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sat May 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cuprum wrote:

"The well-being of the kingdom relies on the powerful nobles! If we have more minor nobles it just means more instability and infighting. I would sacrifice my title and power in a second if it meant serving out the king's word and keeping this kingdom standing!" Gared is outraged and being as furious as he is, he sits down ignoring the rest of the filth coming from the Admiral's mouth.

''Powerful nobles... The power resides in money. How do you think the Calvelys get into this council? Because they have money, we don't care if they are good administrators, an eunuch from the East can do it better. Money can give you armies, ships and flattery. There are merchant princes who are more powerful than us because they can afford a powerful army and a fleet and now they are faking documents to get a noble status and no one is going to dare to say no to them because money is on their side. We are in a crisis so unless the king sell his castles, armies, ships, jewelry, horses and land we won't get out of it.''

United Socialist Republics of Lupina
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Socialist Republics of Lupina » Sat May 28, 2016 4:09 pm

The Wolf's Den
Dragonfall, the Capital
The Crownlands

Courage, Fidelity, Victory

Queen Beatrice
The Royal Council Chambers

The Queen raised her hand as the lords bickered amongst themselves over who spoke for the crown. "Enough of this, my lords. This bickering is pointless and counter-productive to the task at hand." she looked over at Lord Jarbary, "Your loyalty to the crown and your ability as King's Man are beyond question, Lord Jarbary." She then turned and looked at Lord Leithianor, "Likewise, your tenure as Admiral of the Royal Fleet has been exemplary."

Her gaze turned to Sir Cavaley, "As the Steward of the Coin has said, it is the crown's duty to maintain the fleet with the funding needed to keep every ship afloat. And that due to the current state of affairs, the maintenance of the fleet has become a burden which the crown struggles to meet." She glimpsed the fine jewelry upon Erron Elsham's hand, knowing full well where the crown had spent a portion of its wealth, not that the she'd put it past him to have found ways of stealing from the Royal treasury from under Cavaley's nose.

"If Lord Leithianor, you wish to loan some of your wealth to the crown to alleviate this issue, then the crown will certainly be in your debt. The same offer applies to you Lord Jarbary, and to the Faith as well." she nodded at the High Matriarch, "But I'm sure the skilled Sir Cavaley knows many tricks of how to increase the crown's revenues, to which this trade venture seems worth the risk. I'm sure Lord Leithianor can spare a few ships." She grinned at them all, her proposal trapped these men into appearing unwilling to support the crown, or tying their support to the crown all the tighter. Either way, it would solve the problem of finances for a time and quiet the council for the time being.

"Now that that matter is settled. I believe the next matter was that of difficulties with the Moonshae Isles?" She knew that the Isles had historically been fairly independent of the crown for centuries, though there had been plenty of occasions where Kings had sent navies and armies to subdue the rebellious islanders, it had been nearly a century since someone had tried to enforce the crown's will in such a manner. Indeed, King Draakon I had been strong enough to force the crown's will upon the Isles, but ever since his death the Isles had slipped further away. Perhaps it was time to change that.

"A war with the Isles would be undesirable so long as peaceful means are still at hand." In truth, the crown could not afford to pay for a war, but there was no need to bring that topic back to the surface. Besides, a war would remove key men from this room, which would leave it in the hands of the Elshams. She dared to hope that she could keep them from holding such control as they did over a decade before.

"Negotiations should begin to correct this matter with haste." she looked from one of her choices to the next, "Lord Jarbary, as the King's closest advisor, you can speak on behalf of the King, sooth Lord Blackraven. And you Count Elsham, as his Justice, I'm sure you can remind them of the King's laws and ensure the affair does not turn sour."

"It is best that we keep an eye on the Moonshaes whilst these negotiations take place." the younger Elsham spoke up, his smile returned but his eyes still staring coldly back at her. "After all, Lord Blackraven was very furious when he left Dragonfall last month, and I hear whispers that he is as stubborn as a mule on the matters he discussed with the King."

She hated to admit it, but the Master of Shadows was correct. "Very well."

"Now, what is the next matter for this council?"
Last edited by United Socialist Republics of Lupina on Sat May 28, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/united_socialist_republics_of_lupina

Was East Germany in Iron Curtain RP

The Creator of the Cold War RP, "Die Wende: The Change" found here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=235188

The Creator of The Dance of Blood and Steel http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=243221

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Laurvier wrote:"Once again Lord Leithianor displays his naivete. A title of nobility is a precious thing the value of which cannot be measured by traditional means. Tis a value that must be treasured. What happens when too much grain enters the markets? The value of it plummets. We've all seen the phenomena before. If we were to sell titles as if they were trinkets, I fear the same outcome. Are we prepared to accept such a consequence? Merchant Barons, Earls and Counts without running around flaunting their newly purchased titles and being granted the legal privileges of such as well? If it is necessary then so be it but as Steward of the Coin whose expertise and responsibility lay in matters of finance, I say it is not. Your highness, gentlemen, the Crown may be in debt yes but it can afford to pay off those debts with time and borrow more right now if need be. I would however, advise against unnecessary extravagances for the time being." Abram explained calmly.

Gared had heard what Leithianor said but refused to speak directly to him only referencing what he said,"I agree with you all the way Lord Cavely as for Leithianor, Merchant princes who buy armies of mercenaries will always be less powerful then soldiers levied to our defense, because our soldiers who fight for us will have a greater cause defence of their lands and this kingdom compared to the mercenaries who only have one goal and that is money. Once the money runs out they leave or wreak havoc. The typical mercenaries is more commonly known to desert in a losing battle then a homeland levy."
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 4:22 pm

United Socialist Republics of Lupina wrote:
The Wolf's Den
Dragonfall, the Capital
The Crownlands

(Image)

Queen Beatrice

The Queen raised her hand as the lords bickered amongst themselves over who spoke for the crown. "Enough of this, my lords. This bickering is pointless and counter-productive to the task at hand." she looked over at Lord Jarbary, "Your loyalty to the crown and your ability as King's Man are beyond question, Lord Jarbary." She then turned and looked at Lord Leithianor, "Likewise, your tenure as Admiral of the Royal Fleet has been exemplary."

Her gaze turned to Sir Cavaley, "As the Steward of the Coin has said, it is the crown's duty to maintain the fleet with the funding needed to keep every ship afloat. And that due to the current state of affairs, the maintenance of the fleet has become a burden which the crown struggles to meet." She glimpsed the fine jewelry upon Erron Elsham's hand, knowing full well where the crown had spent a portion of its wealth, not that the she'd put it past him to have found ways of stealing from the Royal treasury from under Cavaley's nose.

"If Lord Leithianor, you wish to loan some of your wealth to the crown to alleviate this issue, then the crown will certainly be in your debt. The same offer applies to you Lord Jarbary, and to the Faith as well." she nodded at the High Matriarch, "But I'm sure the skilled Sir Cavaley knows many tricks of how to increase the crown's revenues, to which this trade venture seems worth the risk. I'm sure Lord Leithianor can spare a few ships." She grinned at them all, her proposal trapped these men into appearing unwilling to support the crown, or tying their support to the crown all the tighter. Either way, it would solve the problem of finances for a time and quiet the council for the time being.

"Now that that matter is settled. I believe the next matter was that of difficulties with the Moonshae Isles?" She knew that the Isles had historically been fairly independent of the crown for centuries, though there had been plenty of occasions where Kings had sent navies and armies to subdue the rebellious islanders, it had been nearly a century since someone had tried to enforce the crown's will in such a manner. Indeed, King Draakon I had been strong enough to force the crown's will upon the Isles, but ever since his death the Isles had slipped further away. Perhaps it was time to change that.

"A war with the Isles would be undesirable so long as peaceful means are still at hand." In truth, the crown could not afford to pay for a war, but there was no need to bring that topic back to the surface. Besides, a war would remove key men from this room, which would leave it in the hands of the Elshams. She dared to hope that she could keep them from holding such control as they did over a decade before.

"Negotiations should begin to correct this matter with haste." she looked from one of her choices to the next, "Lord Jarbary, as the King's closest advisor, you can speak on behalf of the King, sooth Lord Blackraven. And you Count Elsham, as his Justice, I'm sure you can remind them of the King's laws and ensure the affair does not turn sour."

"It is best that we keep an eye on the Moonshaes whilst these negotiations take place." the younger Elsham spoke up, his smile returned but his eyes still staring coldly back at her. "After all, Lord Blackraven was very furious when he left Dragonfall last month, and I hear whispers that he is as stubborn as a mule on the matters he discussed with the King."

She hated to admit it, but the Master of Whispers was correct. "Very well."

"Now, what is the next matter for this council?"

The Queen had spoken words of a thousand words. "Your Highness, I will send a letter to Lord Blackraven as soon as I get back to Oldforge Keep. As for the next thing on our list, here." He passed the list to the Queen.
My Political Compass:

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sat May 28, 2016 4:42 pm

My lady, i'm capable of giving you a loan. If the crown guarantees me that the money i loan you will return to myself with the low interest after a period of time. If you can't return the money i loan you I'll take control of the whole fleet as a payment. We have an agreement?
Last edited by Cuprum on Sat May 28, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Cuprum wrote:My lady, i'm capable of giving you a loan. If the crown guarantees me that the money i loan you will return to myself with the low interest after a period of time. If you can't return the money i loan you I'll take control of the whole fleet as a payment. We have an agreement?

Gared interjects,"It's a matter of the Steward. If you wish to make this deal you make it with the Steward."
My Political Compass:

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sat May 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cuprum wrote:My lady, i'm capable of giving you a loan. If the crown guarantees me that the money i loan you will return to myself with the low interest after a period of time. If you can't return the money i loan you I'll take control of the whole fleet as a payment. We have an agreement?

Gared interjects,"It's a matter of the Steward. If you wish to make this deal you make it with the Steward."

So you are saying that the queen has less power than a mere steward. I believe the queen is more than capable to reach a good negotiation like now.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Albertae wrote:

So you are saying that the queen has less power than a mere steward. I believe the queen is more than capable to reach a good negotiation like now.

"The Queen has more power than all of combined tenfold. Don't underestimate that. I only say that the Queen has better things to do that deal with you. No offense Lord Cavely."
Last edited by Albertae on Sat May 28, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Laurvier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sat May 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Royal Council Chambers

"None taken." Abram replied. "I find it curious that the Lord Leithianor expresses his generosity and concern for the Crown's finances yet demands the entire fleet as collateral." He looked to Leithianor. "Lord, do you mean to suggest Crown's ability to repayment is in doubt by asking for such a substantial concession or have you had a change of heart with your generosity?"

"Your Highness, I find these terms unacceptable if not insulting. You need not stomach it. I can convince my brother, Count Alden to extend more credit without such objectionable terms. It is the least he can do since you are granting him the use of royal ships." He said to the Queen.
Last edited by Laurvier on Sat May 28, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 6:12 pm

"None taken." Abram replied. "I find it curious that the Lord Leithianor expresses his generosity and concern for the Crown's finances yet demands the entire fleet as collateral." He looked to Leithianor. "Lord, do you mean to suggest Crown's ability to repayment is in doubt by asking for such a substantial concession or have you had a change of heart with your generosity?"

"Your Highness, I find these terms unacceptable if not insulting. You need not stomach it. I can convince my brother, Count Alden to extend more credit without such objectionable terms. It is the least he can do since you are granting him the use of royal ships." He said to the Queen.

Gared looks to Lord Cavely,"I completely agree, in a time of such need he should extend his help ad his duty to this kingdom." Gared thought about what he said then said,"I would be more than happy to arrange someway of the Staunchlands help in the financial debt the Crown had racked up especially debt that some of us has racked up in the Crowns name." Gared turns in the Esham's direction not directly looking at them, but the whole councill knows who he speaks of.
My Political Compass:

Keshokif
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshokif » Sat May 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Vyk, the Reyek Isles, Moonshae
House Reaklan's Longhouse

The island of Greater Reyek was buffeted as the waves which roared in the salt ocean crashed onto the cliffs and the shoreline. The salty stench filled the air, and people huddled in their cabins and wooden houses to keep away from the cold outside. The ships in the harbour were oscilatingviolently, and their tethers only just stayed attached. The thunder roared on the horizon, and every few moments, a flash of lightning lit up the surrounding land and sea, spearing the ocean with its forks and penetrating the Seafather's watery realm.

Eorl Horwick stood in the rain and waves, the droplets collecting in his hair and on his brow. He gazed westwards, his mouth thinned, his eyes filled with anger and hate. You couldn't even see the mainland from Reyek, but Horwick imagined them. He imagined the Dragonlords, their ships on the horizon, peering over the sea's edge in their thousands. Lightning struck the sea once more. In his mind, they were aflame. The Seafather would not tolerate the desecration of his sons' lands and his daughters' children.

Then he imagined the mainland coming towards him, as it had many times in his ship. He imagined then the same lightning crash onto the land in front of him. He imagined the great cities of the mainlanders falling like flies. He imagined their castles burning, their lands being pillaged, their soldiers being killed. Then, he imagined an army, vast on all sides, descending from the ships at his left and right, banners of ravens and longboats flying, and shields of fir and oak in front. His eyes moved southwards, and he could see Dragonfall. It was a city he had seen in so many maps and charts, and he knew it like a second home even while he had never been there. He could see the great walls being torn, and the castles being broken, and their temples being desecrated. It was for what they had done to his forefathers. It was revenge. It was justice.

By the time Horwick snapped out of his vision, it was day. The sun was rising, the air was clear. He turned to walk, coming to a house at his right. He knocked loudly on the door, his knuckles echoing on the fir door like it was a drum. After a few moments, Horwick's boatmaster came out of the door.

"My Eorl. What can I help you with today?" The older man asked, voice trembling with age.

"A ship to Callidyrr. Gather a crew and supplies."

The boatmaster, bemused, fumbled with his words. Horwick placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Three hours."
The Federal Republic of Keshokif
Acca Kassi Urri
Justice Above Law
Factbook is love, factbook is life...
INTP, Communist, Linguist

United Socialist Republics of Lupina
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Socialist Republics of Lupina » Sat May 28, 2016 7:32 pm

The Wolf's Den
Dragonfall, the Capital
The Crownlands

Queen Beatrice

Count Erron leaned forward in his seat at the mention of moving onto the next matter, that sickening grin still on his face. "I have heard many whispers from across the Warm Channel, Your Highness." he spoke her title as more an afterthought than as a show of respect, producing a large piece of rolled up paper from his sleeve. He unrolled it and began to read his reports, "The counts Daaron Devyn, Erron Wash, and Layton Meadows have been traveling from one court to the next, searching for support in the hopes of regaining their titles. Lord Stephen Blout remains in the court of Duke Kraggen, he has apparently been allowed to remain as something of a court jester for the Duke to watch and listen as a beggar. And the Baron Alfrid Dagan has been seen approaching captains of sellsword companies in the city of Aagroda."

The elder Esham leaned forward across from his son, "As well, Lord Everam Oswick and Baron Jorin Kettin have petitioned for their rightful return of their lands and titles, along with a removal of their attainder." he chuckled, his cheeks going a rosy red on his otherwise blank and unhappy face.

"It might do well for us to take measures to ensure these Lords-in-exile do not gather any support from lords across the Channel, or secure any sellsword companies." Erron suggested, "Not that I suspect they will get far in their efforts without the support of a wealthy ally." he added, placing his report on the table.

Beatrice did not think any of these lords a threat nearly as much as the Elsham's did, indeed, it had been their like that had removed Lord Payne from his position and ended his dominion over the council. It was unfortunate that they had risen to take his place almost immediately. But, they had been a threat to the crown, and she could hardly feel pity for them because of that. After all, her son would one day be King, best the crown be above their vassals and not bowing to them.

"They are of no consequence to the crown. The next matter at hand?"

Both Elsham's appeared ready to jump from their seats, "Your Highness, this is not the time-" Erron was cut off by a dismissing gesture from the Queen.

"There is nothing more to say on the matter, Count Elsham, what is next on the agenda for this council meeting?"
http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/united_socialist_republics_of_lupina

Was East Germany in Iron Curtain RP

The Creator of the Cold War RP, "Die Wende: The Change" found here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=235188

The Creator of The Dance of Blood and Steel http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=243221

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm

''You want to give our mighty fleet to some stranger we don't even know to enrich your petty house. You are mocking of our navy and their sailors by considering our fleet as simple trade vessels. The purpose of those ships is to patrol the whole realm's waters to end with the reavers' ambitions but you want to use them as trade vessels, what a shameful display... The ships shall be under the hands of an experience Admiral who cares about the security of our waters not some petty trader who only cares about personal profit.''
Last edited by Cuprum on Sat May 28, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat May 28, 2016 7:38 pm

United Socialist Republics of Lupina wrote:
The Wolf's Den
Dragonfall, the Capital
The Crownlands

(Image)

Queen Beatrice

Count Erron leaned forward in his seat at the mention of moving onto the next matter, that sickening grin still on his face. "I have heard many whispers from across the Warm Channel, Your Highness." he spoke her title as more an afterthought than as a show of respect, producing a large piece of rolled up paper from his sleeve. He unrolled it and began to read his reports, "The counts Daaron Devyn, Erron Wash, and Layton Meadows have been traveling from one court to the next, searching for support in the hopes of regaining their titles. Lord Stephen Blout remains in the court of Duke Kraggen, he has apparently been allowed to remain as something of a court jester for the Duke to watch and listen as a beggar. And the Baron Alfrid Dagan has been seen approaching captains of sellsword companies in the city of Aagroda."

The elder Esham leaned forward across from his son, "As well, Lord Everam Oswick and Baron Jorin Kettin have petitioned for their rightful return of their lands and titles, along with a removal of their attainder." he chuckled, his cheeks going a rosy red on his otherwise blank and unhappy face.

"It might do well for us to take measures to ensure these Lords-in-exile do not gather any support from lords across the Channel, or secure any sellsword companies." Erron suggested, "Not that I suspect they will get far in their efforts without the support of a wealthy ally." he added, placing his report on the table.

Beatrice did not think any of these lords a threat nearly as much as the Elsham's did, indeed, it had been their like that had removed Lord Payne from his position and ended his dominion over the council. It was unfortunate that they had risen to take his place almost immediately. But, they had been a threat to the crown, and she could hardly feel pity for them because of that. After all, her son would one day be King, best the crown be above their vassals and not bowing to them.

"They are of no consequence to the crown. The next matter at hand?"

Both Elsham's appeared ready to jump from their seats, "Your Highness, this is not the time-" Erron was cut off by a dismissing gesture from the Queen.

"There is nothing more to say on the matter, Count Elsham, what is next on the agenda for this council meeting?"

Gared turns to his queen to the left of him."My Queen the next thing is corruption." He thought of this and wondered if his lords were corrupt, but dismissed the ideas knowing his lands to be the most loyal and in fact that the Crownlands were the real corruption factor, because of House Esham.
My Political Compass:

Laurvier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sat May 28, 2016 7:48 pm

Abram looked at Lord Leithianor confused.

"Her Highness has agreed to the proposal Lord Leithianor. Are you saying that her decision is shameful? That she mocks the navy? That what she is doing is petty? And if I may correct Lord Leithianor, we do know Count Alden. He's been a loyal vassal to House Errond and has always been there to extend credit when the Crown requires it. I find it strange that you would call House Calvely profiteers when it is you demanding collateral of the Crown for a loan. As if the good King Draakon is some dubious charlatan whose ability to honor his obligations is in question."

He waved a hand. "Apologies Lord. I overstep. You are Admiral. It is your prerogative to refuse her royal highness and suffer the consequences. Not mine."

Not only was Leithianor foolish in matters of administration, Abram realized he had no tact as a courtier either. How such an imbecile was appointed to the Council was beyond him. Abram prayed the Queen could see he was unfit to sit at the table.
Last edited by Laurvier on Sat May 28, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse