NATION

PASSWORD

We Were Never Heroes (A Superhero RP) OOC / HIATUS

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Sat May 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Greater Gambia wrote:So am I too late to finish my app?

It's never too late. Oh, and fix your formatting. Not everything should be bolded.

New Grestin wrote:Guess I'l just check up on the thread, see what's going-

3 Pages of OOC to read.

Didn't miss too much. Mostly just apps and whatnot.

I meant more in regards to the whole immortality thing. I wasn't exactly thinking everyone and their mother would make one.
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat May 21, 2016 9:08 pm

NAME: Lucas Samuel Quinn
ALIAS: Kronus
NATIONALITY: American
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
APPEARANCE:

ALIGNMENT:Lawful Neutral
OCCUPATION: College Student, Majoring in Law, Press Secretary Assistant to Governor of Washington

ABILITIES: Time is a powerful thing, especially in Lucas' case, born with the ability that became noticeable in middle school, he can slow down time to the point it seems as though it is stopped. However stopping time puts extreme stress on his body and mind to the point that he can only 'stop' time for a continuous 30 minutes before becoming completely exhausted. It also has a limited area of 50 feet radius stopping everything except himself. He can also stop certain objects and individuals but for a shorter time.

SKILLS: Having learned his abilities he began to realize the need of self-improvement and worked on all aspects of health, mental, physical, and social. It was there he became interested in people and politics. Lucas had learned that to make good of his ability he would have to fight, He began taking classes in Mixed martial arts, as well as obviously being an intelligent man and skilled speaker.
WEAKNESS: His own power, physical and mental stress can inhibit his ability. He is also a bit of a workaholic and relies on coffee. Plus those outside his time control radius. He also has a ruthless streak and obviously being neutral good. He never acts on impulse but tries to have an idea or plan with whatever he does.
GOALS: Short/Medium Term: To Improve Himself and others to the best they can be, Long Term: Become a politician and or hero to change the world for his ideal better.

FEARS:Failure, being outdone, messing up during a speech

EQUIPMENT: (OPTIONAL) A nice suit and tie

PERSONALITY:An ENTJ, By nature, Lucas is Effecient, Energetic, Confident, Strong-Willed, Strategic and Cunning, and Charismatic however this is contered by his assertiveness, stubborness, poor handling of emotions (he hardly shows any than and frown or a smile), coldness and sometimes to the level of ruthlessness
LIKES: Success, Improving himself and others that become his 'people', Talking to people, learning new things, working out and reading
DISLIKES: Illogic, Impulsiveness, Failure, Having to work for others
BIO:Born in a small town in Oregon, Lucas was raised by the small town pharmacist and the head of the school board, as he was raised he was not given an allowance, but only paid from doing chores or doing his own work. However at the same time his parents were very strict to prevent him from getting into trouble and sent him to private schools. In Elementary school, Lucas called himself an enthusiastic nerd, however once he entered middle school, things began to change. Random instances he would find time moving slower of completely stopped for a few seconds. After realizing what he was capable of he began testing it out and trying to improve himself. He began going to the gym and doing athletics while still excelling in class.

He capitalized on this in high school, making friends and gaining popularity until he achieved the Student Council president becoming a sort of symbol on the school of student representation and change. He graduated with scholarships to Stanford and has attended there for several years. He has taken a year off to work as an assistant to the Press Secretary of the Governor of Washington, which coaligns with his part-time 'job' of occasional vigilantism and the invitation by the Benefactor.

RP EXAMPLE:Game of Thrones: Leagacy

THEME: Burn Brighter
Last edited by Kuhlfros on Sat May 21, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:I meant more in regards to the whole immortality thing. I wasn't exactly thinking everyone and their mother would make one.

Since you already had the idea before the OP was even out I'll allow it to go through. You guys will have some fun things to talk about at the very least. Discussing the good old days.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 9:15 pm

I hope this is good enough.
NAME: Victoria Mann
ALIAS: The Mother
APPEARANCE: Here
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Neutral

ABILITIES: Ability to summon a few shadow people which can grow as she hones her skill. It exhausts her and causes her pain to keep them around for too long and needs to focus on commanding them.
SKILLS: Charisma and Money skills.
WEAKNESS: She is physically fragile and not the best brightest.
GOALS: To clean Seattle of criminals and gain power doing it.
FEARS: Scared of her shadows disobeying her, dying and her family dying.

EQUIPMENT: A suit somewhat like this but with gray color., a knife to defend herself if things get too dangerous.

PERSONALITY: A manipulative lady with a generally cold exterior to those she wont manipulate.
DISLIKES: I cant bother right now

BIO: Victoria was born to a middle class family. She was an only child, spoiled by mommy and daddy. She never learned the hardships of life as she lived the regular teenage life with no cares and no worry's for 18 years. She felt that she didn't need a collage degree or any collage skills but that was when Victoria and her parents started arguing. First it was over petty things but slowly it grew until it reached a boiling point. Her parents gave Victoria an ultimatum, to leave home or to go to collage.

She chose to leave. She looked for jobs until she found one she liked, which was a job at the local bank being an accountant. She applied and got it. She worked there for months until one day there was a robbery. But this robbery was run by a villain, known as The Caster. When they came in everything went by too fast. She heard him come in, demand money then hit her with a blast of magic. She hit the ground but felt something inside of her burst. She felt extreme anger and adrenaline then everything was blurry. She heard accounts of demons attacking The Caster, these demons took items and beat The Caster down to the ground and then kill him in a bloody attack. After the incident she left that bank and joined a gas station instead. But after the attack Victoria knew that she had killed The Caster and that she had powers from beyond our realm. When she realized this she vowed to kill all criminals and keep her powers secret. She started calling herself "The Mother" and ending crime on her own terms.

RP EXAMPLE: I bought you a drink one time remember?

THEME:POWER-Kayne West
Last edited by Deramen on Sat May 21, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Deramen wrote:NAME: Victoria Mann

How dare you bring Kanye in here?!?! That aside, it looks good, though power weaknesses should be kept under Abilities. Weaknesses is anything that is not related to your power, such as being bad at cooking or something. Also, Medium class = Middle class. Otherwise ACCEPTED. Just fix the weakness thing.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Sat May 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Drakmah wrote:...

Put the pic in a spoiler, and this is nitpicking but as an art graduate it annoys me that in the drawing the right hand is backwards (EDIT: upon further inspection the left hand is backwards as well). As for his ability, I take it that he can manipulate metal/machinery in order to reshape it into something else. Is he able to warp metal to the right shape or does he have to work with what he has available? I also assume that he is limited to whatever he can get his hands on, meaning unless he has something large to work with size will be generally on a smaller scale.

They will be, I had them under a spoiler however due to BBCode issues I was unable to have spoilers within a spoiler. If that's even possible I'm not sure, however if it is I would like to know how.

The first art was found on the internet however the second piece was done by someone who I RP'ed with in a different thread, and I was grateful they even chose my character to draw, but I guess I'll apologize on their behalf for the physiological differences.

He can't change the actual metal, only take machinery apart and put it back together. I good example from the last RP I used this character in was that people were equipped with a collar that would inject them with a needle, administering a sedative to them. He used his power to deconstruct those collars, and with the addition of some deconstructed household machines such as a blender and a toaster and some pieces of spare metal he was able to reassemble all of these parts into a small handgun that shot sedative darts.

He can't change the materials, just take things apart and put them back together. Anything he does could be done manually, however he uses psychic powers to do it all infinity quicker, raising things in the air and moving them around to re piece them together. As my rp example I'll link a post in which he used his power, so that you can get an idea of its capabilities.
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:NAME: Victoria Mann

How dare you bring Kanye in here?!?! That aside, it looks good, though power weaknesses should be kept under Abilities. Weaknesses is anything that is not related to your power, such as being bad at cooking or something. Also, Medium class = Middle class. Otherwise ACCEPTED. Just fix the weakness thing.

The song fits though.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 9:42 pm

No offense to the artist. I was just pointing it out as a form of constructive criticism (though I may have sounded a bit harsh). How you explained it just now makes so much more sense so I have no problem with it.

Deramen wrote:The song fits though.

Your song can be anything you want. The song isn't even that important really, but as a superhero RP I figured it would be a fun little addition. As for Kanye, well, Kanye is Kanye.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 9:48 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

No offense to the artist. I was just pointing it out as a form of constructive criticism (though I may have sounded a bit harsh). How you explained it just now makes so much more sense so I have no problem with it.

Deramen wrote:The song fits though.

Your song can be anything you want. The song isn't even that important really, but as a superhero RP I figured it would be a fun little addition. As for Kanye, well, Kanye is Kanye.

Kayne will always love Kayne like Kayne loves Kayne.
Man, that is so Kayne.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sat May 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
New Neros wrote:NAME: Thaddeus "Thad" Carter

ACCEPTED. I feel his reason for joining the Benefactor is the simple I can do good spiel?

Yeppers. More access to heroic acts, a place where he belongs, opportunities to grow and get a handle on his powers, etc. Good deal all around. May throw some family curve ball into it, but regular old "wanting to be a hero" is the main idea.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Sat May 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

It's all good! And wonderful, I'll still link two instances where it was used, one will be the one I described and one will be where he used a pile of stray materials along with several experimental machines to make an electrically powered 4x4 vehicle. I wanted to do this to show both the lower and upper levels of his ability.
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Drakmah wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:No offense to the artist. I was just pointing it out as a form of constructive criticism (though I may have sounded a bit harsh). How you explained it just now makes so much more sense so I have no problem with it.

It's all good! And wonderful, I'll still link two instances where it was used, one will be the one I described and one will be where he used a pile of stray materials along with several experimental machines to make an electrically powered 4x4 vehicle. I wanted to do this to show both the lower and upper levels of his ability.

Ability looks a lot more useful but not overpowered now.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Sat May 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Drakmah wrote:It's all good! And wonderful, I'll still link two instances where it was used, one will be the one I described and one will be where he used a pile of stray materials along with several experimental machines to make an electrically powered 4x4 vehicle. I wanted to do this to show both the lower and upper levels of his ability.

Ability looks a lot more useful but not overpowered now.

Wonderful, app will be up soon after I finish my Bio.

Here are the RP examples ahead of time just in case
Basic Usage of Power

More Expansive Usage of Power

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Sat May 21, 2016 10:26 pm

App Done. I hope everything checks out!

NAME: Shane Daughtry
ALIAS: None - He’d prefer to just use his own name
NATIONALITY: Japanese
APPEARANCE:

- Art Curtasy of Castle Crashers

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Good
OCCUPATION: Delivery man - Shane has a large well of experience navigating crowded and complex cities on a bicycle. His many years delivering paper messages and packages to some of the underground elite in Tokyo has shaped him into a concise, quick, and dependable deliverer. In Seattle he chose to take up the same profession, and now runs messages and packages to people within the city.

ABILITIES: Shane has the ability to psychically manipulate metal in a way that allows him to construct and deconstruct machinery. When actually using his power he goes into an immobile state, and is able to move around metal and plastics in order to make things. His eyes begin to glow blue, and the pieces of machinery that he is manipulating take on the same blue hue. In order to create complex machinery he needs to know and understand the process in which it would be pieced together manually, which he uses his advanced knowledge in engineering to determine.
SKILLS: Shane has advanced knowledge in mechanical engineering, knowing how to take apart and put together a plethora of contraptions. He can think very quickly concerning the ability to come up with new things to make, and uses his creative and inventive mind to his advantage when using his power.
WEAKNESS: Through his years he has learned to trust very few people, however when he does finally come to trust someone he does so with a fierce loyalty. This makes him very distant, until he becomes very overly invested. This leaves him open to betrayal, should someone be able to gain his trust.
GOALS: He wants to make a better life for himself. After getting a new start in the US, he only wants to escape his past and make something better.
FEARS: His past. While he had many good times his knows he made some enemies back there, and he is mortified of the day they choose to track him down.

EQUIPMENT: He carries a few odds and ends in his pockets, just in case he needs to make something in a clutch situation. Other than that and the clothes on his back he doesn’t carry much.

PERSONALITY: Shane is an avid conversationalist, enjoying calm and relaxed encounters with fairly anyone. He learned when to listen and when to speak, and in situations he can’t shoot his way out of he is normally able talk his way out of them instead. He finds his power a trivial part of himself as he has grown used to having it and only using it in non important ways. It has been years since he has attempted a mass construction of anything and so he normally lays his power on the back burner, preferring to learn more about who people are rather than what they can do. He has a heavy touch of sarcasm tossed into him, however underneath all of his barriers he is truly a dependable person and friendship is something that he values greatly.
LIKES: Good people, conversation, canned soup, sarcasm, and honesty.
DISLIKES: Being betrayed, led on, or lied to. He also dislikes arrogance and is constantly attempting to keep his own ego in check, never wanting it to get in the way of what is important.

BIO: Born in the U.S, Shane was taken to Japan at a young age. His mother and father had gotten into one final final fight that broke up the family and with his father’s blind rage that fateful night his mother had won custody of Shane who was 4 at the time. She moved to Tokyo, and he was raised there with her. He went to Japanese schools, learned the language as his own, and had Japanese friends despite his different skin color. His mother worked every job she could find and so Shane, as he became older, began to become aware of his mother’s struggles to put food on the table.

With a feeling of guilt in his heart and want for something more for his mother he began to seek work at the age of 14, finding his way unknowingly into the underground workings of the city. He took a job delivering messages and packages for one of the minor drug lords, and the community began to recognize him for his talents at being quick and concise, however this would all change when he was 15.

The incident happened when was returning from the delivery of a package. A car was fleeing the authorities, and in the driver's panic the car was set on an irreversible path toward a older woman. Shane was unable to anything as he watched the car speed toward her slow and frail body, or so he thought. Without even thinking his hand shot up toward the car, unchecked energy flowing from him. The car was then deconstructed midway through its path before the pieces were dropped on the ground. Shane, unsure of what had happened, fled the scene and became determined to discover more.

He used the money he made from delivering to keep him and his mother fed, clothed, and warm, using his spare time to study for school and to work on his power. He discovered quickly that not only could he take things apart, but that he could put them back together. Once graduated from high school at the age of 18 he went to college on the money he made, going for a major of mechanical engineering He made it out of there at the top of his class, and at that point decided to do more with his life.

Once out of college he told his crime bosses that he was done delivering packages, and that he was leaving. Only a few in the system knew of his power, and so when the time came to leave they were the ones who convinced their bosses to let him go, not wanting to risk confrontation. He moved back to the U.S. and has come to Washington to make a new life for himself, hoping to escape any who might follow him from Japan. He has cut all ties with his prior employers, and has no intention of ever trying to go back to them, nor to use any of their resources.

When he reached Seattle, he picked up a job running messages and packages to people, however he chose to do so with legal organisations this time. He does only simple deliveries that they wish to keep out of U.S. Postal Service as they are within the city, and receives only meager pay for it. He wants more but doesn’t know where to start, as his is scared to use his power to achieve wealth and fortune.

RP EXAMPLE:
Basic Usage of Power

More Expansive Usage of Power

THEME: From a Cage - Envoi

The Warriors of the Sun
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warriors of the Sun » Sat May 21, 2016 10:38 pm

NAME: Zedekiah McMurry
ALIAS: Doesn't use one.
APPEARANCE:

ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good...usually

ABILITIES: Animation: Zedekiah is capable of giving "life" to inanimate objects. With a touch the item springs to life, able to bend and move on their own in ways that would normally be impossible. These objects are able to understand Zedekiah and he is able to issue verbal commands to them. However, these items pick up traits when he animates them, these quirks and personalities that they gain often make them act like pets or children. And occasionally the quirk they receive is a rebellious or disobedient trait causing the item to outright refuse or even attempt to harm Zedekiah. Fortunately, Zedekiah can take the life back from these objects with a touch causing them to freeze in whatever position they are in when he touches them.

There are limits to his ability to animate objects, he has to this day never been able to animate more than five objects simultaneously and all five were fairly small. And when animating objects Zedekiah gains injuries based on the size of the object. Small trinkets such as origami, clocks, and figurines leave nothing more than stinging pain. But larger objects like bookshelves, pianos, and wardrobes will cause him to spit up large quantities of blood or have old wounds re-open. These injuries are purely based upon the volume of the object, not the mass. He has never tried objects larger than library bookshelves, but if he was he would likely pass out or die depending on how the large the object is.

SKILLS: Boxing, Piano, Cello, Guitar, Physical Prowess, Coordination
WEAKNESS: Technical skills, Leadership, Strategy, Lack of confindence in personal capabilities, Overconfidence in capabilities of others, Can't drive, Females
GOALS: To be remembered and to protect another
FEARS: Loneliness; Zedekiah has a crippling fear of being absolutely alone which has led to his unnatural attachment to animated objects and why he always has one animated object around him. Death; Zedekiah can act irrational when those he like grow close to death and Zedekiah is incapable of sacrificing himself for the greater good. Wasps; they are just not right.

EQUIPMENT: No special uniform or any special equipment, though he usually has a knife on him at all times.

PERSONALITY: Zedekiah is generally a happy, positive, and optimistic guy. He has difficulty filtering what is appropriate to say leading to many apologies. Furthermore, Zedekiah is quick to trust others, trusting complete strangers in an instant. He also has an unhealthy obsession with helping others who ask him which have led to on occasion him doing outrageous favors or lending large sums of money to strangers. He is not the most adept at social interaction particularly around women he finds attractive and even some guys he consider more attractive than himself. Finally, he lacks confidence in himself.
LIKES: Sushi, Females, Anime, Playing music, Video games, soda pop, compliments, Gardening.
DISLIKES: Wasps, crowds, heat, open waters.

BIO: Zedekiah was born to an extremely religious family in Fresno, California. His dad was a doctor and his mother was a nurse, who both made a fairly decent amount of money, so Zedekiah grew up going to private schools and generally living a life without worry. He found it difficult to get close to others due to his parents strict expectations for himself and any others he associated with. His school life was mostly uneventful, mostly due to cutting himself off from others by merely attending class and immediately heading home where he would practice his instruments or play video games. He was content with being on his own with few friends. He graduated high school and became a missionary with his church as was expected by his parents. He was sent to the Philippines for his two-year mission. For the first year his mission went along without a hitch. He made great friends with his partners and rarely met a person unwilling to listen to his religious message.

However, in his second year he was kidnapped by religious extremists along with his partner. For a month he was completely alone, locked in a basement where his only contact with others was waiting for food to be slid into his room. At the start of the second month he discovered his ability. The plates his food came on would keep him company and he would play with the chair in his room. And because of this he was able to maintain some of his sanity until a counter-terrorism unit busted the terrorists and freed him.

He was sent home to the US where his parents took care of him for a month, but their relationship quickly deteriorated as Zedekiah's faith wavered and his ambition had all, but disappeared. In an attempt to appease his parents Zedekiah decided to apply and go to the University of Washington at Seattle where he heard a friend he was in orchestra with was going. That relationship became strong in a flash and crashed just as quickly when his friend found Zedekiah far too clingy. This coupled with just a general lack of ambition and confidence caused him to stop attending the university.

Since then Zedekiah has gotten a cheap apartment and works in a local convenience store as a cashier. His parents don't talk to him, but they provide him with money to supplement his meager wages, possibly out of perceived guilt due to what happened on his mission. His routine now consists of playing video games or music in the morning, taking walks through the city in the midday where he often finds himself picking up what litter he finds or assisting those who seem like they need a little help in the moment, and ending his day with work in the evening. He is more content than he was at his parent's home or at the university, but he still feels lonely and without purpose which he craves for each passing day.

RP EXAMPLE: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=363875

THEME: Frame of Mind - Tristam & Braken

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun May 22, 2016 12:17 am

NAME: Adam Quinn
ALIAS: Sousa
APPEARANCE: Black hair, 5 o' clock shadow, 5 foot 9, heavy set.

ALIGNMENT: Neutral

ABILITIES: Mind reading
SKILLS: Can conduct a band, and has decent strength.
WEAKNESS: College debt, and doesn't get good sleep.
GOALS: To pay off his college debt
FEARS: Getting killed, and the memory of this one time at band camp being exposed

EQUIPMENT: Smith&Weston Model 500, a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze, an apartment, a tuxedo (for formal band performances), 25 S&W .500 Magnum Rounds.

PERSONALITY: Easily annoyed by the simplest of things, he usually payes great attention to detail, and has a keen sense of hearing so he picks up on a lot of things.
DISLIKES: Liars, when someone misses a note, and string players.

BIO: Born in Texas, Adam was raised on a rural farmstead, working hard on the family farm to help support his family. After finishing high school he went on to college in Loustiania, majoring in fine arts and minoring in agriculture. At 22 he returned to his hometown with nothing but a trombone and a whole hell of a lot of college debt. He took up a job as a band director at his old high school and with his knolage, helped improve the farming techniques that his family used on the farm to improve crop yields.

He made modest pay, but still college debt had raised major issues for him. He sold his car, and his old farming tools to raise money to pay for his debt, too proud to ask his family for financial aid. Meanwhile he lead his band to state finals, being one of the top concert bands in the state. He got an offer to conduct a professional brass quire. He was going to initially decline the offer but his father was killed in a fire a few days later. He inherited his father's pistol, and his father's bank account because his parents had separate bank accounts for some reason.

Adam split the money he inherited between his mother, and his student debt, and decided to take the job offer to get away from his old town. He always considered himself a good judge of character, but he discovered that he was truly a variant when he went to a densely populated city. He just always thought that he could perfectly read body language and movements, but what he really discovered was that he could actually sense people's thoughts and emotions.

Living in Seattle was like a hell. He could read everyone's mind that was near him. He often found himself unable to filter out other people's thoughts, and thus unable to think productivity. He was almost fired because of this, but he kept his job, and after the months went by he was able to filter out most of the surrounding people's thoughts unless he needed to hear them. Although he does this during the day, he often finds himself awoken by other people's thoughts and dreams streaming through his head.

Even still, his college debt plagued him, and Adam took up a secon job at a warehouse to help pay for his debt. Now, after four years of working, he has nearly paid of his debt and has made a reputation as a relevant conductor in the music world. His brass band often plays arrangements of Sousa marches in formal concerts, but they also play jazz and swing music at various venues to raise funds for their program. Everything was going normal until he recieved a message from a mysterious benefactor.
RP EXAMPLE: [DATA REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST]

THEME: Yellow rose of Texas.
Last edited by Tayner on Sun May 22, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Wenglesy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wenglesy » Sun May 22, 2016 1:12 am

NAME: Jean Deschenaux
ALIAS: -
NATIONALITY: French - American
ETHNICITY: French
APPEARANCE:

ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good

ABILITIES: He can basically grow fur like a werewolf, and toughen up his skin - which is really only useful for hand to hand fighting and small pokey things like bees and Scorpions.
SKILLS: He can make really good shoes also is a competent fighter.
WEAKNESS: Sulfur makes it so he can't breath all too well, and sunscreen makes him itch, like that itch you get where it's literally impossible not to scratch rendering him unable to fight or use his powers.
GOALS: To craft the ultimate shoe.
FEARS: Zuigerphobia - the Fear of Vacuum Cleaners

EQUIPMENT: Wooden Cross Necklace

PERSONALITY: Quick-tempered nature combined with a usually comedic nature.
DISLIKES: People who insult his honor and cats.

BIO: Being born in Bordeaux, France he of course grew up in a fashion of tragedy. His mother and father were both cat-loving people! Oh the tragedy, and due to it when he became eight he left and went to live with his grandmother. She of course being a reasonable person called her daughter and son-in-law. When they answered they asked about their boy Jean. She said something along the lines of "Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles!" so they came over though that is when the true tragedy started. They were caught in the crossfire of gang-bangers! Or rather something more like some rabbit in the street. Either way they died when they crashed into a truck full of toilets. So after hours of waiting they learn that they're both dead so the grandmother became the guardian of our boy Jean. This is when his life turned around, his last name became Deschenaux like his own grandmother.

Then into his teenage years he was outside more and got into a bad habit of being in a gang. They committed the most horrible crimes like jaywalking and urinating in public. Je comprends? Oui? Non? Anyways, his grandmother was a devout christian who had a wooden necklace, and to get a better education she gave him the necklace and sent him on a boat to China! Once he arrived in China he was switched to another boat which those who had reasonable knowledge thought it was all just Americans. Then he came to the holy land - otherwise known as Seattle Washington.

Instead of going to school like a normal person he became an apprentice to a Cobbler and learned his ways. He soon became a citizen of the United States of America and learned pretty good english if you ask me. Though one day he discovered he was a variant in which someone threw sulfur at him though it did not get him - he got angry. You wouldn't like him if he's angry. So he turned into a giant six foot tall wolf and tore the thug apart. Short after his mentor died and whilst being in the cobbling business he learned more about his abilities. Then after finishing with probably the finest shoes he's ever seen he received a message from a mysterious benefactor - which caused him to shout "Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles!" (Yes it does mean "My hovercraft is full of eels!").

RP EXAMPLE: Unfortunately None

THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5San6num1eI
Last edited by Wenglesy on Tue May 24, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I play as Jean Deschenaux in "We Were Never Heroes" whom is a proud member of

Legyon fun Genital

The Olog-Hai wrote:You don't see any hands in the cookie jar.
Other than your NPCs, of course.
Your NPCs stole the cookies while you were away.
Somehow.

My woman told me that the Crusades were unprovoked. Then I knew that, I could not trust her.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun May 22, 2016 1:29 am

Would a person who's only power is to be able to transform into a bear be allowed?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Mondrova
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mondrova » Sun May 22, 2016 2:33 am

NAME: John "Johnny" Finch; Dr. Finch
ALIAS: Dr. Kind
ETHNICITY: White - Irish-American
APPEARANCE: In all his glory.

ALIGNMENT: Neutral

ABILITIES: Memory manipulation: John has the power to alter the memories of both people he is interacting with and of himself. This takes to forms. The first is memory deletion, in which John looks through the memories of a person and precisely excises a certain point or sequence of points. The result is a total inability of the brain to recall whatever was destroyed, erasing the memory permanently. The second aspect is memory alteration, and is often conflated into a third imaginary power: memory recovery. Memory alteration allows John two options; the first is to change a memory to be anything he or his client wants it to be. The second option is typically done after destroying a memory, which is fabricating an entirely new memory, using the basic fuzz left over from a total or partial deletion, which is then adopted as memory by the brain. The confusion arises when people, having no way of remembering what is no longer a part of their memory, think that what he has created as a memory, is in fact a recovered memory. In truth, there is no process to recover a destroyed or forgotten memory.

The limitations of this power are as such. First, without preparation man casual memories or very recent memories and thoughts can be manipulated. This might be the location of ones keys, something someone just said, what a painting you just saw was of, or even why they feel a certain way. Very simple memories without much meaning generally. Second, to achieve a deep memory probe, as is needed in his professional career, at least some amount of mental concentration is needed, which is limiting to movement and speech; that said, no physical or visual contact is needed for this power to work, so long as John can visualize what he is doing, he can probe a mind of someone nearby. That said, thirdly, the reach of this power is effective until about ~25 feet. Finally, this changes this power makes do not temporally align well with the passage of time; the chronology of the power is dependent on the focusing on the memory, once inside the memory, the changes are as fast as John thinks of them. As such, you can imagine that John is very creative.

SKILLS: Speed reading, painting and sculpture, oration.
WEAKNESS: Drama, physical violence.
GOALS: To do what he wants, to be as rich as he desires, and know what he seeks to know.
FEARS: Failure and the existentialism of the self and the concept of identity.

EQUIPMENT: A full suit and tie with a double collared shirt, a lovely shoulder satchel, and his notepad and pen.

PERSONALITY: John is a man's-man. He is fun to talk to for most people, is confident, can make an A-grade steak, loves drinking a beer, and is real smooth with the ladies. He does worry about the future because he knows he can deal with it all. A person who chooses to be a bachelor and loves having good friends. He is also a professional when needed, and caring, with a considerate voice. Directly dealing with others negative emotions or drama though is taxing for him.
DISLIKES: Anger, drama, cocky people, and not a fan of anti-american's.

BIO: John Finch was born in Midtown Manhattan to an upper middle class family. His father worked in S&T and his mother was a fashion designer; his younger brother was a would-be actor and his sister was a diplomat in the making. John though was never terribly sure of the direction that he wanted from his life, only that he was a people person. He loved talking to people of any age, hanging out with his friends, and as he grew older would be a shoulder to cry on when needed. He was a smart young man as well, and like the rest of his family seemed bound for some success in life. He was also the STEM kid of the family, and so always had something new to bring to the dinner table. Of particular interest to him was medicine, the art of healing others. A choice primarily shaped by his variant nature, the power over memory he had always held.

Even as a young child there had always been a certain amount of swagger around John. A happy confidence that seemed charming in his childhood and blossomed with charisma in his adolescence. If you had asked anyone from those days, you always knew you could have fun with John, and that if you talked to him, your problems would feel better. Of course, therein lies the proverbial problem. For you see, being gifted with the ability to make others forget, to remember fictions, made actually learning to handle the delicacies of everyday negative interaction too much of a chore for a young boy. At the tender age of 8 John became truly aware of his abilities, and since then avoided conflict like the plague. The result? Why of course everyone loved to be around him, and he loved the attention. A day with John was like having all your problems melt away. And so it shouldn't be surprising to anyone that just about everyone he knew said he should be a shrink. So, that's what he did, figuring he could do some good and make a lot of green. On his 18th Birthday he was admitted to Columbia for neuroscience and after his graduation went on to UC Berkeley's Medical School for his Doctorate in Psychiatry.

Now in his late mid-twenties, he entered the professional field and made himself a name for his stunning success with even the most difficult of patients. It would be unfair to say that only his powers were at play here though, as John was, in many ways, the kind of person one might look for in helping sort out your life's issues, and he was an intelligent man. Many of the success stories he produced were a result of his actual skills and the marvels of modern psychiatric medicines and procedures. However, every so often, there would be the occasional need to maybe help a particularly challenging client on the way to recovery.

Despite his achievements though, paying for student debt, the lifestyle he wanted, and trying to get his own practice made life impossible. Simply put more money was needed. And for that reason John entered the dark net, advertising on encrypted channels and secret Variant sites about the treatment he could offer. Ease the pain of you past, forget the troubled times. Come to me and remember things long forgotten, make new memories to replace tired, hurtful ones. It wasn't the most ethical thing he realized of course, after all, as a Psychiatrist he really ought to be helping people more meaningfully than with his powers, but in the end, needs must. It took a while to pick up of course. Charlatans are abound, but then again, so are desperate people. Desperate people who are alone or plagued by guilt or regret, with far too much money to know what to do with. Those clients gradually began to funnel in, coming to see the man who promised them salvation. Each was charged a hefty sum naturally, and each felt it was worth it when they emerged reborn. Word spread fast after that, as people from around the world with money to spare sought the marvelous Dr. Kind - his adopted alias online.

Now we arrive at the present day, in the two-story apartment of a wealthy 37 year old psychiatrist, living in the Upper East side. An office on the first floor and a home on the second, John is a rich man, comfortable in all areas of his life. He takes only wealthy private persons for his regular psychiatric session now, reducing his patient load considerably. And as for his secret business, the price has soared, but so has the affluence of his clientele. It was the good life, filled with friends, women, drink, a little work and a lot of fun. And then John received a mysterious message from a so-called "Benefactor". There wasn't a lot of detail to the message, and certainly only vague promises. But what is a man like John to do? In this world there is almost more wealth to be gained, more things to be won, and more from life to be lived. To be at the edge of a new horizon? Well its at least worth a look, and besides, Seattle is lovely this time of year.

RP EXAMPLE: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=348775

THEME: "You've got a friend in me" - Randy Newman
Last edited by Mondrova on Tue May 24, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We all ride the struggle bus sometimes

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 22, 2016 5:40 am

Never judge the WIP. Civil War got me itching for a super hero, now I gotta actually think about it.

NAME: Jacob Goldstein
ALIAS: The Hebrew Hammer
NATIONALITY: Israeli (surpassingly nothing to do with my flag lol)
ETHNICITY: Middle Eastern Jewish (Looks Arabic)
APPEARANCE: Image
ALIGNMENT:Neutral Good

ABILITIES: Complete Fire/heat Resistance, Super human strength (Not like Hulk, more like Capn Murica).
SKILLS: Great fighter, good shot
WEAKNESS: A bit.... stereotypical (Cheap, tends to complain, is rather lazy), plus the Israeli's want him for being a deserter AND his secret identity is kinda not a secret AND you know, his super powers ain't the best.
GOALS: Protect Judaism and the Innocent
FEARS: Santa Claus, Bankruptcy, and his Mother

EQUIPMENT: 2 dual action shotguns.

PERSONALITY: Well he is a bit stuck up and pretty damn jewish, but other than that he is a pretty great guy, kinda nice (But not generous) and willing to listen.
LIKES: Money, his mother, jewish heritage, and the holy torah
DISLIKES: Jew Jokes, Nazism, Crime, and people who dislike his mother

BIO: WIP

RP EXAMPLE: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23848816#p23848816

THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFVtamh2dNU -Just found this and I fucking love it
Last edited by Ben M on Sun May 22, 2016 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personality type: INFP-A
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Derelldia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Derelldia » Sun May 22, 2016 6:32 am

So I have an idea for my guy in that he can manipulate electrical systems/components with his mind.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun May 22, 2016 8:12 am

Ben M wrote:ALIAS: The Hebrew Hammer

This is, far and away, the best fucking thing I've ever seen.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sun May 22, 2016 8:39 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Ben M wrote:ALIAS: The Hebrew Hammer

This is, far and away, the best fucking thing I've ever seen.

Oh god. My sides.
Yo, that's mad.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun May 22, 2016 8:51 am

Ubaria wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:This is, far and away, the best fucking thing I've ever seen.

Oh god. My sides.

There's a really subtle joke hidden in the superpowers, too.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 22, 2016 9:04 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Ubaria wrote:
Oh god. My sides.

There's a really subtle joke hidden in the superpowers, too.

Thank you thank you, I look forward to writing the backstory.
Personality type: INFP-A
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse