NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Shinobi: Rebirth (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon May 16, 2016 2:39 pm

OoC Thread (should you want to sign-up)

It has been over one-hundred and seventy years since the Fourth Shinobi World War. Over the past thirty years, crises begot wars and collapse of many ninja villages. Tens of thousands of shinobi lost their ninja way, becoming the Lost. Many became hermits and lonely nomads or otherwise lost to record, including several Jinchuriki; others became dangerous brigands, finding a new purpose in stealing-from the world that they so opposed, hurting many more ninja villages.

However, several decorated ninja helped many of the Lost, giving new purpose and life to many. Villages were reconstructed and raiders were fought-back, their followers dignifying their movement "Rebirth". Many raiders were crushed, but earned ire from the Shinobi Union for their methods that has caused tensions between the two and nearly brought war already before they agreed to halt operations. The world is on edge, and raiders continue to prod from their enclaves. To keep order, a task force has been secretly established by the Shinobi Union to deal with a threat that will bring the world to the brink.

Under starlight and snowfall, an assembly occurred. Congregated hurriedly, the menagerie of shinobi from various villages gathered far away from preening eyes in an observatory. The brutalist architecture and barren path indicated how little thought was had for the thought of visitors. The inside was warmer than the outside, though still of an air that carried a shortness of breath for some of the shinobi. The meeting room was furnished with utilitarian intent, from the fake wood table to the swivel chairs, the only exception to the strict utilitarianism were a few seasonally out-of-touch paintings of vegetation in the spring.
"Gentlemen," a voice called-out to the room before arrival, that of an ANBU operative from Sunagakure accompanied by a samurai, "I apologize for the short notice, but this is an urgent matter and the time for the cover stories was pressed, but we feel that this is an urgent matter that needs secrecy."
"We have reported sightings of at least eighteen missing-nin in the Land of Iron alone," the General said as he threw a stack of dossiers onto the table. "We weren't alone in sightings, but I put together the pieces. Judging by the locations of the sightings across the world, they've got purpose and are moving farther inland than reasonable. While we and the Shinobi Union have been trying to interdict them, we suspect, judging by the orders of these sightings, that they are headed to Konohagakure," General Miki explained in guttural tones.
"Given the timing and how many of them are of mercenary motivations, we suspect that somebody has untoward intentions regarding the upcoming Chūnin Exams and is willing to pay a princely sum for it. For this reason, we have decided to see fit for the establishment of a task force to disrupt whatever plans this benefactor may have. These men are mercenary in motivation, so I doubt that they are headed to Konoha for the cherry blossoms. ANBU Black Ops shall keep trying to intercept them before arrival, but it some might have their appointment with T&I delayed until after their arrival, and that is your responsibility. To disguise your presence, everyone here is going to be provided covers for being there, either as exam proctors or as bait, by which I mean genin. Your responsibilities will be protection of the Chūnin exams and, if so necessary, the village-at-large from these unwelcome guests and the apprehension of these people's employers. . . Any questions?"

The morning of the Chunin Exams was slightly noisier than normal. There were more morning birds than the norm, but still relatively peaceful as the sun rose on the early spring landscape. Early morning training soon was drowned-out by the sounds of the awakening village. The small aberration became a large one as training grounds had far more practicing teams than normal, both from those outside the village and natives who wanted some last-minute training. Standing on-top of a building in the historic district was one member of the task-force in the grey uniform of the exam proctors, forced to not adopt just a cover but a disguise on account of conflict of interest that his involvement in the exams would otherwise present for the first part of the exam meant to occur down below.
"Eighteen unaccounted for. This is going to be a chore," groaned the ninja under the alias of "Taiki Nakamura".
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue May 31, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon May 16, 2016 5:14 pm

In the midst of an army of motionless stones, each inscribed with a name, stood Revan Uzumaki. For the first time in around a decade he had been away from Konoha. Had he wanted too he could finished all his business momentarily, but escaping would have been nigh impossible, certainly for the exams. The real reason he was here was to simply watch his little cousin, Shinobu, to see how sh had been doing.

He had managed to make it into the village by doing something no one expected, growing a godly beard, shaving his head, and wearing a kimono over a collection of storage seals filled with his equipment. No one would recognize him at a glance, except maybe his parents or Kei... Shinobu might, but she was young when they had spent their time training together. Of course, his shadow clone mastery hadn't reached the point where they could identically copy a shape and form they weren't used to. So the Academy students were lucky they didn't recognize the red cowled man.

The footsteps that Revan had been hearing for the past few seconds finally sidled up beside him, both persons stared down at the Headstone reading 'Sayaka Uchiha'. What Revan didn't know was that there was no corpse to be found of Sayaka, but Kurou did know this fact, and was puzzled ever since it was found out that there was no body.

The two bitter enemies stood side by side for a few moments, before both departing. It would be minutes before it was reported that Revan Uzumaki was in the village. For the next hour, those in possession of a Bingo Book were nervous, a man didn't get a nickname of 'The Kamikaze' for nothing.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Acroticus
Senator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Acroticus » Mon May 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Konohagakure, Land of Fire

Zankuro yawned. It was still a bit early for him. Of course, he had been awake for hours now. The Chunin Exams had created a commotion throughout the entire village, with numerous shinobi from across the continent. The noise was welcome to Zankuro, who had been bored with Konohagakure for more than a year now. He had been sent from his home village, Kumogakure, as a representative two years ago, and while the Village Hidden in the Leaves was a much nicer town than the Cloud Village, he never quite felt like he belonged. Besides, as prestigious as the post may have sounded, Zankuro knew that it was actually a dead-end job. He had been given the position by the influence of the Kumogakure clans, which had never liked Zankuro's rise to importance; sending him this far away was certainly a way to dampen his career.

But Zankuro wouldn't let that happen without a fight. He would do everything he could to prevent his being trapped among the leaves for the rest of his days. He had worked to get a position on a new task force, that, as luck would have it, operated within Konohagakure. His joining of the task force was his first step to returning home, and it was one of the few ways in which he could return without being seen as a failure.

Zankuro walked through the streets, making another pass of the market. Many on the task force had been forced to take a fake name, and a disguise. Zankuro was not among them; his carrying the Kinzotora, the trident that adorned his back, was quite obvious. Besides that, a disguise was unnecessary, as he naturally had the right not only to patrol the village at his leisure, but also to attend the Chunin exams. His roll in the defense of the village was, as he saw it, already within his jurisdiction. As he came to a small stand selling fruit, Zankuro looked up at the sky. Atop a nearby building, he could see a man in grey looking out over the village. Was it a member of the task force? Zankuro couldn't tell. It wouldn't surprise him, but Leaf ninja always appeared vigilant. It could easily be some other group of ninja guarding the village; because the Chunin Exams invited many ninja from other nations, it only made sense that security would be beefed up.

"Excuse me..." a quiet voice murmured from the ground. Zankuro turned to see a young child, a boy, sitting on the ground. He wore tattered rags and held a small wooden bowl in his hands. "Excuse me," he repeated once more, staring at Zankuro. Zankuro smiled, and reached into his back pocket.

"Here ya go," he said, placing a coin in the wooden bowl. It clacked, almost bouncing out of the bowl. The young boy looked carefully at the coin before looking back up at Zankuro, and smiling with his teeth. Zankuro nodded, and turned back to the road. He continued walking when he overheard two ninja frantically yelling at each other over the bustle of the market.

"-that's right! He's in the village!" one man yelled to the other.

"I never thought Revan would dare come back here!" The second shouted back to the first. Zankuro looked the two ninja over. They weren't very trustworthy. But then again, Zankuro hadn't been in touch with anyone from the task force for more than an hour; it was possible this was one of the infiltrations they had been created to stop. Zankuro reached into the pouch around his waist and pulled out a small, leather-bound book. He opened it and flipped through the pages.

"Revan... Revan..." he said to himself as he skimmed the pages. It had to be someone from Konohagakure, or at least someone who had been to village. Zankuro paused as he found the name. "Revan Uzumaki." Zankuro was surprised to learnt the man was from the Uzumaki Clan, which was very well-respected within the Leaf Village, as far as he could discern. A picture of a young man's face adorned the page, along with plenty of information on the Uzumaki's crimes. As a young man, he had attacked his own team while out on a mission, killing his teammate and wounding his sensei. At the bottom of the page, it listed his skill level. "S-Ranked." Zankuro shook his head. That couldn't possible be! An S-Ranked criminal had infiltrated the city? The task force would have to have known that already. He needed to get back and touch base with them. He turned around as he returned the book to his pouch. He began walking at a faster pace as he headed back towards headquarters. This was an interesting development.

He reached back, shifting the Kinzotora, moving it to a more comfortable position.
Last edited by Acroticus on Mon May 16, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Indonesia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United States of Indonesia » Mon May 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Konohagakure, Land of FIre
Shaoyun was sitting under the tree, staring at the endless blue sky. He was surrounded by fields of green grass, which is just outside of the center of the village. It was one of the last few places that were still green & natural, not yet replaced by a large apartment or shopping center. For him, it was a place where he could get some peace & quiet, from all the hassle in the world. He was sitting like there were no problems in this world, even though the Chuunin Exams was today. But, just as he thought that he could actually get a day off without getting interrupted, the call came in. "Kurogami here." he said as he picked up the call with a slight unhappy tone. "This is from the office of Hokage. We have an urgent request for you. I'm sending the details right now." the caller said. "Got it, thanks." he said while being sarcastic a little. He then looked up the mail he got from the office. It was a little disturbing for him. "Uzumaki Revan is back in the village. He was last sighted somewhere near the cemetery. Bring him in, alive." the mission details stated in the mail.

Shaoyun was particularly disturbed by this. Uzumaki Revan, formerly a Shinobi from Konoha, and from the Uzumaki Clan at that. He had heard a lot about him when he was still at the academy. As far as he knew, Revan was a good kid. But when his mission went completely wrong & he was blamed for it, Shaoyun was shocked to hear that. From all details on every mission that Revan had gone through, their success rate was always nearly 100%. He was a bonafide Shinobi in Shaoyun's books. Shortly after that, he got up on his feet. "Man, I hate things like this..." he said as he proceeded to the last known location.
Wars: World War Z - Status: PYRRHIC VICTORY
World War Z II - Status: PYRRHIC VICTORY
NationStates World War I - Status: VICTORY
NationStates World War II - Status: VICTORY

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue May 17, 2016 5:25 pm

Two days before, the train station was bristling with more people than usual. The structuralist building let the area bathe sunlight from its skylights in its wavy roof. Among the people in this warm glow was Haruka in his green Tangzhuang, white trousers, maroon forehead-protector, waiting in a particular terminal. Anticipation grew, absent-mindedly tapping the gift-wrapped case. Finally, the stoicism broke as he grew a smile.
"Shinko!"

Three more knocks, still without reply. "Must be a mission." Shinobu thought to herself leaning back against the wall momentarily. She walked-out of the apartments and through alleys of the new commercial district back to the historic district. The transition was good, back into the familiar earthen buildings. The numbers there were less prevalent, largely because most of the genin were in the training grounds or more tourist-centric areas she dropped attention paid for the marked faces in the bingo book for then, at least; the old-town had the Hokage looking over it, and its residents would notice somebody from outside the historic district quickly. A dispersing gathering of its residents caught her eye, that of a toad. Her curiosity aroused, she walked over to the group as it started to disperse and saw the toad looking-over a book.
"Shinobu, I was just cleaning-up," the bespectacled toad said to her.
"Gamataka, have you heard anything that's going-on with Yutaka-sensei?"
"Well, I am not really sure," the messenger toad said, the look on her face drawing-out it. "Your sensei was hunting missing-nin last I heard."
"Thanks, Gamataka," Shinobu said, now with a hint of a smile on her face that put the toad at ease. "What are the odds right now for my team's chances?"
"I know that they're not numbers, but I'm just going with an assessment which I heard from Gamakichi when you weren't in earshot--high hopes and low expectations."

Slumped-over a park bench against eachother were two people as another stood by. Among the slumping ones, the blonde-haired teen shot open. Surveying the darkened area before calming rapidly when she noticed who was with her."
"Guys, what are you doing here?" Inoko asked of the two, getting-up from the bench.
"I was called by Shikaryoh. She said that you were using Mind Transfer Jutsu, so I came here to ensure that everything was fine," he said, relaxing his guard. Inoko turned to Shikaryoh.
"Why did you need Chojuri here if you knew I was fine?" Inoko asked, turning her attention to the drowsy individual lying on the bench.
"Because I knew," Shikaryoh yawned, "and figured that it would be good to have two people if you needed to carried-out of here since it's about to get dark soon. I also figured I could have a nice nap while waiting for you to stop using that jutsu in the meantime." The black-haired girl wipped her white eyes with her knuckle, with bags under her eyes. "What were you doing with that jutsu anyway?"
"I noticed a criminal, and figured it would be better if he just turned himself in," Inoko explained, stretching her arms while doing so.
"Nice," Chojuri said as he had a big grin come over his face. "Tomorrow, get you and your team the first two steps of the way to those flack jackets. I can't want another year for you rejoin us."
"I can," Shikaryoh stated with a cheeky smile. "I'll be pulling for you too."

The evening drew colder air through the window. Sitting on the bed were numerous scrolls. Shinobu counted scrolls by purpose as she loaded them into a backback. A dog in a blue cape and headguard sat nearby, calling-off items on a list. Finally, the last scroll was put into place.
"That's everything," the small mutt sighed.
"Shinobu, go to dinner," was called from one of her cousins.
"I guess I'll be going now, Commander Uzumaki," the dog uttered in a high tone.
"Wait, you can stay for dinner if you want."
"Well," the perky-eared dog said before a pause, "I really should be getting back soon, be all rested and ready to go. Also, there could be onions or garlic or chocolate involved."
"It is baked ham and pineapple. Be our guest if you may please," the short-haired girl coaxed.
". . . I guess I must if Commander Uzumaki insists," the dog tried didn't disguise his tail wagging as the two exited the bedroom and entered the hallway.
"Guinefort, whether you do so or not, there is no 'must'. Also, you do not have to refer to me in such formal language. I think that most people are on a first name basis, even with the Hokage,"
"They should, for the Hokage and for my Commanders, especially if any of the latter became the former."

The morning was cool. Dew covered the grass surrounding the plaque. The flowers from yesterday were taken away, and Inoko placed more in their place. She looked down at the gravestone, and continued so for half an hour. "Yoshi Yamanaka" read the plate, alongside other information.
"You will be the last."
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Yoshiro
Land of Fire

After Yoshiro had entered the Land of Fire a small group of shinobi had started to trail him. Although he was blind, he could sense both their blood and their chakra. He had let them follow him as even if they had more to their number, they wouldn't be able to stop him. Among the group there were two Mist shinobi, it was because of them that the group had started tracking him. They had recognized his picture as being a wanted shinobi.

As he entered a small clearing, he sensed a large number of shinobi coming from all directions. 'Ahh.' he thought ' They were just buying time for an ambush, no matter, they shall die all the same.' He sensed small batches of chakra moving towards him paper bombs attached to kunai. As they exploded he expended some chakra, When the smoke cleared his skn was covered with a thin layer of blood, but it was harder than iron. He also held two massive swords with blood red blades and handles of bone.

As the blood receded, many of the shinobi were surprised to find him uninjured. Three shinobi ran towards him, one unarmed, with the eyes of a Hyuga, the other Leaf shinobi wielded twin swords, the last of the bunch was from the Sand, he had multiple shuriken ready. The Sand Shinobi threw the shuriken, Yoshiro blocked them, which allowed the other two to get close. The Hyuga threw a palm strike while the other shinobi crossed behind him and slashed at his back. Yoshiro did a backflip and swung one sword cutting the first Leaf Shinobi's head open.

The Hyuga backed up swiftly seeing that, soon after other Leaf shinobi rushed at Yoshiro in anger. The rest of the Shinobi soon joined them in their all out assault on Yoshiro. What followed next could only be described in one word: Bloodbath. After a few minutes of heavy fighting, the only noises that could be heard were the groaning and cries of the injured and dying. The few Shinobi that weren't dead were heavily injured some of them were missing one or several limbs others were nearly severed in two. The only truly uninjured ones were the Shinobi from Kiri. Yoshiro walked over to where one of them lay semi concious, he said to him in a cold voice " Tell the Mizukage, my patience and tolerance has limits." He then swiftly left the area.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed May 18, 2016 10:26 am

Sunagakure
Zenko Asano
The Kazekage sat back in his chair and put down the report he was reading. Once again it was time for the Chunin Exams and the village was busy sending shinobi to Konoha in preparation for the exam. Eventually he himself would have to head out to Konoha and attend the final stage of the exams. The only thing that concerned Zenko was that the Shinobi Union was seeing an inordinate amount of activity as of late. With exams currently taking place and a potential threat on the horizon, Zenko couldn't help but wonder if there was going to be an attack. It was for this reason he had a secret agent that served as his eyes for the places he couldn't go.

Zenko got up from his desk and exited his office, meeting his assistant outside. "Go get my guards and tell them to meet me a the village gate, we're heading to Konoha soon." The assistant ran off to gather the guard and spread the message from the kage while Zenko headed towards the gate after putting his kage hat on.

Konohagakure
Maris Benjiro
Maris was on the outskirts of Konoha in an abandoned shed. He had just put the finishing touches on his puppet armor and was excited to test it out. He'd read some reports in Suna about Sasori of the Red Sand and how he developed this as a way to improve puppet masters. He spent a lot of time gathering the necessary materials and building the armor and now it was finally ready. It took even more time to properly disguise the armor to make it look like an actual person, since Maris figured he wouldn't have time to get inside the armor directly before a fight.

All this along with developing his normal puppet's techniques and creating his poisons had Maris very busy, but with the armor complete Maris could finally move into the village. He was secretly tasked with a mission from the Kazekage to scout out the village for any potential attacks. Maris got into his puppet armor and started out for Konoha. The armor controlled surprisingly well and was easy to handle, although Maris didn't know how the weapons would work but he would have to worry about that later. For the time being the armor was passing as a disguise and he didn't have to worry about fighting anyone.
Last edited by Bycrest on Wed May 18, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed May 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Inoko's moment of mourning was interrupted by the silent arrival of an ANBU jonin wearing a bear mask, "Yamanaka-san, I'm afraid you need to vacate the cemetery. A situation has arose and it would be for your own safety if you weren't present."

Across town, a red haired woman was approaching Shinobu's location. The short 'briefing' given to her by an ANBU captain had been to secure Shinobu Uzumaki from harm or kidnapping. It was rather easy for Kei to connect the dots about what was happening. Kei had grown a bit closer with her younger cousin since Revan's desertion, but ever since her promotion to tokubetsu she didn't have much time to spend with Shinobu. As she tapped on Shinobu's bedroom window, Kei mentally prepared herself for what she was about to say.

Elsewhere, the real Revan sat on a bed in a hotel room, it was in the wing reserved for visitors intent on witnessing the Chunin exam. So far his simple disguise had worked perfectly, and he was still being hunted on the other side of the village.

He let out a wry smile as he compared his situation with Konoha to that of Orochimaru and Itachi Uchiha, hiding away within it, yet used as a scapegoat for a more sinister plan.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Anowa wrote:Inoko's moment of mourning was interrupted by the silent arrival of an ANBU jonin wearing a bear mask, "Yamanaka-san, I'm afraid you need to vacate the cemetery. A situation has arose and it would be for your own safety if you weren't present."

"Mam, yes mam!" Inoko said autonomously, making haste from the cemetery. Something about the ANBU commanded a respect that others did not get from Inoko, whether it was that of her parentage or the significance of ANBU Black Ops' presence not being a good omen.

Anowa wrote:Across town, a red haired woman was approaching Shinobu's location. The short 'briefing' given to her by an ANBU captain had been to secure Shinobu Uzumaki from harm or kidnapping. It was rather easy for Kei to connect the dots about what was happening. Kei had grown a bit closer with her younger cousin since Revan's desertion, but ever since her promotion to tokubetsu she didn't have much time to spend with Shinobu. As she tapped on Shinobu's bedroom window, Kei mentally prepared herself for what she was about to say.

The short-haired girl had just finished dressing for the occasion of the upcoming Chunin exams. The tree-bark pattern all over her clothing and equipment made her attitudes regarding the Forest of Death clear alongside the similarlied patterned utility vest, backpack, and the ghillie suit packed on her back alongside the similarly colored utility vest and backpack. She had just put-on balaclava when the tap came from her window.
"Kei, is there a reason that you did not use the doors?" Shinobu inquired, puzzled at Kei's mode of entrance.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue May 31, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:-snip-

Kei opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came. She didn't know how to say what needed to be said, how could she? A significant figure in both their formative years was now here to most likely kill or kidnap one or both of them. Kei sighed, and decided to say what she wanted to say, and not the typical 'You're in danger, stay cautious and keep a buddy with you.' spiel that they were supposed to say to potential targets, really all that was needed to be said were four words, and Shinobu would understand. "Revan's back. Act natural."

Speaking of, a certain bearded man had finally stepped out of his hotel room, and began walking towards a certain clan compound. And to the home of his long dead best friend.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed May 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Anowa wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:-snip-

Kei opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came. She didn't know how to say what needed to be said, how could she? A significant figure in both their formative years was now here to most likely kill or kidnap one or both of them. Kei sighed, and decided to say what she wanted to say, and not the typical 'You're in danger, stay cautious and keep a buddy with you.' spiel that they were supposed to say to potential targets, really all that was needed to be said were four words, and Shinobu would understand. "Revan's back. Act natural."

Shinobu's eyes shot at the mention of the name. For ten seconds, her eyes raced as she processed the situation, too immersed in thought to respond before she closed her eyes. In a moment, she noticed that she had not yet put-on her headguard, and proceeded to wrap it around her head.
"Understood, trust me," Shinobu said while she put it-on, her eyes accidentally activating before she suppressed them when she resorted to that cliche of hers. What that two-word phrase meant had no particular literal meaning in Shinobu's hands, instead carrying emotional meaning that conveyed the particular attention she assigned to the matter.

"The well-landscaped area was a boon for the person with an eye for color and hell for the allergic; Inoko was in the former. Looking down in a pond, she looked at her outline, stretched across the pond by the early sunrise. She stepped around to the other side to get her reflection. Her medium-length curtained orange hair was fine. The purple jacket and black cargo pants were fine for today, perfectly pragmatic. Her headguard reflected light from the sun back into the pool to such an extent that she practically wore the sun around her neck. That gold color caught her attention. The early birds would surely be out on the training grounds while the rest would be asleep. On that assumption, she got clippers and headed for a prairifire crabapple tree that was solitarily planted about a decade ago by Inoko, and started collecting a few flowers from it.
"In one month's time, I will be wearing the flak jacket. Can't you believe it, Yoshi? I think I have a serious chance at becoming a Chunin. I'm sure you'd like to watch the finals, but I think that it is for the best that you won't be seeing me get carted-out of the stadium. I'll be fine, though I appreciate your concern."
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue May 31, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed May 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Konohagakure, Land of Fire.

It was that time of year again and Konoha was as busy as ever. Once again, the Chunin exams were around the corner and the entire village was gearing up for it. Shinobi for the five nations were gathering to participate in the exams, showcasing the strength of the new generation. Not just the shinobi were visiting, dignitaries from all over were arriving to witness the event.

Every store in Konoha was taking advantage of influx of visitors. For whatever reason, the Chunin exams brought in tons of tourists and revenue. From restaurants and noodle shops to clothing and weapon stores, money was being made by everyone. Even merchants that were just passing through were raking in the dough.

A young Kiri kunoichi was walking through the market place with a cheerful disposition. She wore a light blue kimono that stopped mid thigh and a large bow that wrapped aroun her waist. The girl stopped a a small souvenir shop. Her eyes lit up when she noticed a chibi frog keychain.

" Oh my! What an adorable little froggy." The girl said with delight.

" Ugh...must you be so cheerful? It's unsettling." A voice called out from behind the girl. The blonde turned around and saw two shinobi standing behind her.

" Why so angry, brother? It's all part of the fun." The blonde girl said as she walked towards them.

" Eldest Sister is right, brother. We have to play the part." The black haired girl said quietly.

" This guy was so weak though...couldn't even protect his team." The blue haired boy replied angrily. The blonde closed the gap and leaned in an whispered. " Easy Seizo...we are here to do what we do best. Now play along and we can have a little fun."

" ...fine"

" Good...now let's go do some shopping and be good little tourists." The blonde said with a smile as she walked away, followed by the others.

A few days ago

In a dimly lit abandoned shack on the border betweenThe Land of Fire and the Land of Water, three unconscious genin were tied up. The headbands indicated that they were from Kirigakure. There bruised and battered bodies hinted at a struggle. After a few moments, the young shinobi moaned in pain as they began to stir from their unconsciousness. Once they realized where they were, the genin began to struggle against the bindings.

" Well Well...look who's finally awake. Megumi Ebisawa, Mayo Kumagae, and Ginko Itoh of Kiri." Akihko said as she appeared from the shadows, followed by Harumi and Seizo.

" Where are we? Let us go!" The blonde, Megumi, yelled.

" Oh you won't have to worry about that for long." Akihko said with a sinister smile.

" Wait...I know you. You're Akihko, Harumi, and Seizo Kuronami. Kiri destroyed your clan when we were children." Mayo added in.

" We were children too." Harumi said with a sad tone.

" Our sensei will rescue us at any moment now." Ginko yelled out.

" Doubtful." Seizo retorted as he threw a blood stained headband at their feet.The young genin looked at the headband in complete disbelief.

" W-what do you want from us?" Megumi said, trying to muster up some courage.

" Why my dear...we want your faces." Akihko said softly as the brushed her hand across the girl's cheek, causing her to flinch. Akihko, Harumi, and Seizo began to weave several hand sings in unison.

" Ninja Art: Human Body Mimicry!!" The three said in unison. A strange shimmer moved across their bodies in a distortion of reality. As the shimmer moved, their appearances began to change. In a few moments, the three Kuronami clan members changed into the appearances of the three genin, much to the horror of the genin.

" I'm sorry we have to do this...but it's the nature of the game." Akihko said with a sinister smile as she pulled out a kunai knife.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Russian people of america
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

"

Postby Russian people of america » Wed May 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Konoha, what a nice village it was. Team Five had crossed through the land of fire just to reach this oh so special village. It would be hosting the Chunin exams, the test needed to promote the team to the rank of Chunin. Of course this wasn't the only reason Team Five was here. They were on orders to observe all the other competitors in order to determine which ninja would be a threat to the village and which were too weak to care about. The test was also meant to allow for potential clients to see the ability's of the Chunin, in other words they'd be showing off their skills to be hired by some village. None of team five could accept any offers, as they owed their loyalty to the Sanshoo clan. They had trained since the age of six, brutally turning their small, fragile body's into a human punching bag, one that could freeze your veins or pummel you with blood, or even slice you into pieces. These are the things that team five can do, and they did it well. Yuriko had complained the whole way to the village, complained about the people, the food the exams themselves. Kaito seemed to agree, and the two easily struck up a conversation that turned the locals heads. Daichi was silent as he usually was, never one for conversation.

Kaito passed through the large wooden gates that marked the village entrance, looking at the village ahead of him. He smiled widely as his Jashin necklace rattled from the sudden movement. "So much life, so much that we could kill! Isn't it just wonderful Yuriko!" He took in a deep breath, glancing back at the swords-woman. The girl looked up from the sound of her voice, "Yeah sure Kaito, whatever you say" she sighed quietly. She wasn't the killer she should have been, her clan reveled in the thrill of battle, the sight of blood drove them into a frenzy. They were like sharks, or bears. She wasn't the same, she fought for her clan and she was loyal, but she'd never enjoy combat on the same level as these lunatics did. Behind the two lurked Daichi, his gaze taking in the city. He had unusually sharp eyes. The group made its way into the village, commenting on each and every different thing. The gourds slushed back and forth on their backs, it was a good thing the people around couldn't see the crimson contents. Before long they found their way to a park, it would be awhile before the exams were opened up, and they might as well enjoy the day. Kaito just had to hope they didn't notice an extra squirrel carcass or two around the park. He could use as much blood as he could get. Before long the group began to move again, this time into the marketplace. Kaito being his usually self bumped into a young blonde shinobi, looking shocked for a moment he smiled "Hello."
Last edited by Russian people of america on Wed May 18, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Yes, my nation has a funny name. It was originally a puppet.

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed May 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:

Shinobu's eyes shot at the mention of the name. For ten seconds, her eyes raced as she processed the situation, too immersed in thought to respond before she closed her eyes. In a moment, she noticed that she had not yet put-on her headguard, and proceeded to wrap it around her head.
"Understood, trust me," Shinobu said while she put it-on, her eyes accidentally activating before she suppressed them when she resorted to that cliche of hers. What that two-word phrase meant had no particular literal meaning in Shinobu's hands, instead carrying emotional meaning that conveyed the particular attention she assigned to the matter.[/quote]
Kei nodded, "Just... Be careful okay, if you see him then head to the Hokage's tower, he's not stupid enough to bring a fight there. Good luck in the exams." With that, Kei leapt away making her way back to her own apartment. A part of her deparately wanted to see her brother again, yet she knew deep down that things wouldn't be the same even if they did confront one another again.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Bycrest wrote:
Konohagakure
Maris Benjiro
Maris was on the outskirts of Konoha in an abandoned shed. He had just put the finishing touches on his puppet armor and was excited to test it out. He'd read some reports in Suna about Sasori of the Red Sand and how he developed this as a way to improve puppet masters. He spent a lot of time gathering the necessary materials and building the armor and now it was finally ready. It took even more time to properly disguise the armor to make it look like an actual person, since Maris figured he wouldn't have time to get inside the armor directly before a fight.

All this along with developing his normal puppet's techniques and creating his poisons had Maris very busy, but with the armor complete Maris could finally move into the village. He was secretly tasked with a mission from the Kazekage to scout out the village for any potential attacks. Maris got into his puppet armor and started out for Konoha. The armor controlled surprisingly well and was easy to handle, although Maris didn't know how the weapons would work but he would have to worry about that later. For the time being the armor was passing as a disguise and he didn't have to worry about fighting anyone.

Zankuro Masoka

Zankuro rushed through the city, leaping from rooftop to rooftop. He had been sent to the outskirts of the city, the opposite direction most of the other ninja were searching for Revan. He would make his way around the outskirts of the city before returning back to task force headquarters. Now armed with a radio device in which he could send information to his allies, he was more confident in striding through the potentially dangerous areas of the city.

As he came to the cities border, he paused. Looking out into the distance, he could see as travelers entered and exited the city. There were a large number of people moving back and forth, as the city had a bustling economic sector. Zankuro bent down, holding a position in which he would be more difficult to spot. He glanced around at the nearby rooftops. There were no other shinobi, at least visible to him. He turned back to the road, following individuals with his eyes as quickly as he could.

He continued this for several minutes before his eyes caught something odd. A very tall man, taller than usual, walking awkwardly through the crowd. The man wore a large trench coat, as if to hide his face. It would have made for a very good disguise, Zankuro thought. It was a bit obvious, maybe too obvious, especially for an S-Ranked criminal like Revan Uzumaki. Nonetheless, it was unquestionably worth investigating.

"Suspicious figure entering the city," Zankuro said quietly into his radio microphone as he held the "transmit" button just below his ear. "Investigating further. Requesting assistance." He released the button, and began moving once again. He moved to the building besides the one on which he had been perched before dropping down on top of a single story tea shop, and finally, to the ground. He began moving through the crowd, attempting to do so inconspicuously, but probably failing. He wasn't the best at moving through crowds without being noticed especially because of the large trident he carried on his back. The Kinzotora was a powerful weapon, but it certainly was not invisible.

Zankuro moved swiftly through the crowd, making his way to the man in the trench coat. When he was within reach of the man, he stuck out his arm, trying to softly grab the man's shoulder.

"Hello there. Stop for just a moment, would you? I'd like to speak with you."

The Glenn Nation
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Glenn Nation » Wed May 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Konoha, Land of Fire

Ryoko Hatashi

Ryoko was currently entering Konaha to watch the Chunin Exams. She was able to infiltrate a group of merchants and use a genjutsu in them to make them believe she had always been a part of their group. She also didn't worry that any shinobi would recognize her appearance. Since she was last seen by anyone outside of Rebirthed over 4 years ago, her hair had grown out a lot. She was also wearing civilian clothes and glasses to hide her Sharingan. As it stood now, only someone from her old village of Suna would be ale to recognize her, and she would make sure to stay away from them.

During they days she would keep up the act of being a merchant, but at night, she was going to out scouting. Soon enough the Chunin Exams would fall into chaos, and she would use that as a cover to get what she wanted: an Uzumaki. The Uzumaki clan was blessed with the closest thing to the "body of the Sage of Six Paths" since the Senju Clan went extinct. The secrets in their DNA could take her research to new heights, and she would finally have the perfect chance to grab one of them.

Her thoughts came to a stop as her and her merchant group walked in front of their hotel. She had used all their money to get the best room in the best hotel for herself. Of course, she didn't feel bad about it all. She couldn't make the merchants physically suffer right now as it would damage her plans, so she would make them suffer emotionally when they realized how much money they lost on a trip that was supposed to generate money.

Suna, Land of Wind

Kyuzo Sando

Kyuzo was currently meditating in his apartment. With the Chunin Exams in Konoha, it would be the perfect chance to defect from the village. For the past year, he had been acting as a spy for the Rebirthed. He had given them all the information about Suna and the Shinobi Alliance he could get his hands on as a Suna Jonin. However, he couldn't handle staying in the village for much longer. Suna reminded him of his horrible childhood with his father and the death of his only friend. It felt like this village was trying to suck the life out of him, but he would return the favor soon enough. With the Kazekage gone, along with other upper tier ninja acting as his guards, there would be no one who could stop him from getting some revenge and leaving.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Thu May 19, 2016 2:40 am

Acroticus wrote:
Bycrest wrote:
Konohagakure
Maris Benjiro

Zankuro Masoka

Zankuro rushed through the city, leaping from rooftop to rooftop. He had been sent to the outskirts of the city, the opposite direction most of the other ninja were searching for Revan. He would make his way around the outskirts of the city before returning back to task force headquarters. Now armed with a radio device in which he could send information to his allies, he was more confident in striding through the potentially dangerous areas of the city.

As he came to the cities border, he paused. Looking out into the distance, he could see as travelers entered and exited the city. There were a large number of people moving back and forth, as the city had a bustling economic sector. Zankuro bent down, holding a position in which he would be more difficult to spot. He glanced around at the nearby rooftops. There were no other shinobi, at least visible to him. He turned back to the road, following individuals with his eyes as quickly as he could.

He continued this for several minutes before his eyes caught something odd. A very tall man, taller than usual, walking awkwardly through the crowd. The man wore a large trench coat, as if to hide his face. It would have made for a very good disguise, Zankuro thought. It was a bit obvious, maybe too obvious, especially for an S-Ranked criminal like Revan Uzumaki. Nonetheless, it was unquestionably worth investigating.

"Suspicious figure entering the city," Zankuro said quietly into his radio microphone as he held the "transmit" button just below his ear. "Investigating further. Requesting assistance." He released the button, and began moving once again. He moved to the building besides the one on which he had been perched before dropping down on top of a single story tea shop, and finally, to the ground. He began moving through the crowd, attempting to do so inconspicuously, but probably failing. He wasn't the best at moving through crowds without being noticed especially because of the large trident he carried on his back. The Kinzotora was a powerful weapon, but it certainly was not invisible.

Zankuro moved swiftly through the crowd, making his way to the man in the trench coat. When he was within reach of the man, he stuck out his arm, trying to softly grab the man's shoulder.

Maris had almost made his way into the village. So far he'd only gotten some odd looks by the people who were entering with them but no one was really disturbed by his presence. It was all going well until Maris heard someone call out to him. Maris was sure he didn't know anyone here so he assume it was someone hunting him. He had been careful but it was still possible someone saw him in the shed.

Slowly Maris turned around to look at the person who confronted him, the first thing he noticed was the giant trident on his back. The only time someone has an strange weapon is when they're extremely skilled with it. Maris made a note to avoid that as much as possible. "Ah, yes." He said, his voice deepened by his armor. "But maybe we should..."

Before he finished, Maris turned around and sent a right hook towards the shinobi. If it connect then Zankuro would feel a very hard punch to the rib from Manzo's brass fist.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 19, 2016 9:11 am

Bycrest wrote:
Acroticus wrote:
Zankuro Masoka

Maris had almost made his way into the village. So far he'd only gotten some odd looks by the people who were entering with them but no one was really disturbed by his presence. It was all going well until Maris heard someone call out to him. Maris was sure he didn't know anyone here so he assume it was someone hunting him. He had been careful but it was still possible someone saw him in the shed.

Slowly Maris turned around to look at the person who confronted him, the first thing he noticed was the giant trident on his back. The only time someone has an strange weapon is when they're extremely skilled with it. Maris made a note to avoid that as much as possible. "Ah, yes." He said, his voice deepened by his armor. "But maybe we should..."

Before he finished, Maris turned around and sent a right hook towards the shinobi. If it connect then Zankuro would feel a very hard punch to the rib from Manzo's brass fist.

Zankuro Masoka

Zankuro wasn't expecting such a quick response, and he lost his breath as a hard jab smashed into his torso. He was sent flying backwards into the crowd. As he skidded across the ground a woman screamed. The crown of people quickly dispersed, running this and way and that in a desperate attempt to get out of the area before the battle began. Zankuro lay on all force for a moment, coughing. He had had the wind knocked out of him,but he quickly went to work feeling his chest. Nothing appeared to be broken, luckily, but he wasn't a medical ninja.

"What a jerk you are!" Zankuro said as he pulled himself back to his feet. He thought as he stared down the tall man. Was this Revan Uzumaki? It didn't matter now, as whomever he was had attacked Zankuro in the streets of the village. Zankuro would have to take him down. Unfortunately, his metal hand, which had just landed a punch, appeared to be made not of iron, but of Zinc, Copper, or Brass. His jiktion magnetic jutsu wouldn't be inherently effective on the creature. Now that he had a closer look at the enemy, it appeared that its entire body wasn't human. If it was all made from these metals, Zankuro's magnetic jutsu would be almost entirely ineffective. He'd have to us something else.

Zankuro reached behind with his right arm, removing the Kinzotora trident from his back. The trident was covered in bandages, hiding its vibrant shape and colors. He leaned back slightly before pushing off the ground, rushing towards the enemy.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Thu May 19, 2016 10:41 am

Acroticus wrote:
Bycrest wrote:Maris had almost made his way into the village. So far he'd only gotten some odd looks by the people who were entering with them but no one was really disturbed by his presence. It was all going well until Maris heard someone call out to him. Maris was sure he didn't know anyone here so he assume it was someone hunting him. He had been careful but it was still possible someone saw him in the shed.

Zankuro Masoka

Zankuro wasn't expecting such a quick response, and he lost his breath as a hard jab smashed into his torso. He was sent flying backwards into the crowd. As he skidded across the ground a woman screamed. The crown of people quickly dispersed, running this and way and that in a desperate attempt to get out of the area before the battle began. Zankuro lay on all force for a moment, coughing. He had had the wind knocked out of him,but he quickly went to work feeling his chest. Nothing appeared to be broken, luckily, but he wasn't a medical ninja.

"What a jerk you are!" Zankuro said as he pulled himself back to his feet. He thought as he stared down the tall man. Was this Revan Uzumaki? It didn't matter now, as whomever he was had attacked Zankuro in the streets of the village. Zankuro would have to take him down. Unfortunately, his metal hand, which had just landed a punch, appeared to be made not of iron, but of Zinc, Copper, or Brass. His jiktion magnetic jutsu wouldn't be inherently effective on the creature. Now that he had a closer look at the enemy, it appeared that its entire body wasn't human. If it was all made from these metals, Zankuro's magnetic jutsu would be almost entirely ineffective. He'd have to us something else.

Zankuro reached behind with his right arm, removing the Kinzotora trident from his back. The trident was covered in bandages, hiding its vibrant shape and colors. He leaned back slightly before pushing off the ground, rushing towards the enemy.

The last thing Maris was expecting today was a fight, but he somehow managed to find one. He hadn't managed to test the puppet armor's weapons so he didn't know how well it would do in battle, the most he was sure of was that punching seemed to work. "Well, no time like the present." Maris said to himself as he got the armor battle ready. The puppet stretched and flexed until its clothes started to rip and tear, revealing the puppet body. The clothes were only meant to disguise the puppet so in an actual battle they only slowed it down.

Maris looked up to find he was being rushed by his opponent, with the strange weapon in hand. Maris still didn't know what this guy was capable of so he had to find out at a distance before going back into the fight. Luckily he made sure to stock the armor with plenty of ranged weapons. Maris lifted up the armor's left arm that was secretly a senbon launcher and started firing out a flurry of the metal needles to stop his opponent's advance.

RP Sample

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu May 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Russian people of america wrote:Konoha, what a nice village it was. Team Five had crossed through the land of fire just to reach this oh so special village. It would be hosting the Chunin exams, the test needed to promote the team to the rank of Chunin. Of course this wasn't the only reason Team Five was here. They were on orders to observe all the other competitors in order to determine which ninja would be a threat to the village and which were too weak to care about. The test was also meant to allow for potential clients to see the ability's of the Chunin, in other words they'd be showing off their skills to be hired by some village. None of team five could accept any offers, as they owed their loyalty to the Sanshoo clan. They had trained since the age of six, brutally turning their small, fragile body's into a human punching bag, one that could freeze your veins or pummel you with blood, or even slice you into pieces. These are the things that team five can do, and they did it well. Yuriko had complained the whole way to the village, complained about the people, the food the exams themselves. Kaito seemed to agree, and the two easily struck up a conversation that turned the locals heads. Daichi was silent as he usually was, never one for conversation.

Kaito passed through the large wooden gates that marked the village entrance, looking at the village ahead of him. He smiled widely as his Jashin necklace rattled from the sudden movement. "So much life, so much that we could kill! Isn't it just wonderful Yuriko!" He took in a deep breath, glancing back at the swords-woman. The girl looked up from the sound of her voice, "Yeah sure Kaito, whatever you say" she sighed quietly. She wasn't the killer she should have been, her clan reveled in the thrill of battle, the sight of blood drove them into a frenzy. They were like sharks, or bears. She wasn't the same, she fought for her clan and she was loyal, but she'd never enjoy combat on the same level as these lunatics did. Behind the two lurked Daichi, his gaze taking in the city. He had unusually sharp eyes. The group made its way into the village, commenting on each and every different thing. The gourds slushed back and forth on their backs, it was a good thing the people around couldn't see the crimson contents. Before long they found their way to a park, it would be awhile before the exams were opened up, and they might as well enjoy the day. Kaito just had to hope they didn't notice an extra squirrel carcass or two around the park. He could use as much blood as he could get. Before long the group began to move again, this time into the marketplace. Kaito being his usually self bumped into a young blonde shinobi, looking shocked for a moment he smiled "Hello."

Akihko, disguised as the kiri kunoichi, was too busy playing the part and taking in the scenery to notice another group of shinobi getting near. Like a good actress, she feigned nearly falling over when one of them bumped into her. Seizo nearly pulled out a kunai in retaliation, but stopped himself just in time. Harumi, on the other hand, looked surprised at the encounter.

Akihko gained her balance and looked at the man as he greeted her. " H-hi, I'm sorry about that. IT was my fault." She said with a cheerful smile. She took a few moments to look at the group of strangers, trying to determine their intentions. She immediately sensed something, but played it off as nothing. " Are you here for the Chunin exams?"

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Russian people of america
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Thu May 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Kaito watched the girl, a smile lighting up on his face. He allowed his Jashin necklace to remain close to his chest. So close to a kill, yet so far. He couldn't just attack another shinobi on the street, at least not right now. So he smiled and decided to play along, "Yeah, we're here for the exams. How did you know?" Yuriko stayed aside, examining the girls. They looked inexperienced, maybe they were genin too. Suddenly she felt a weight push past her and she turned to see Daichi. He waltzed forward as though being drawn by something, as though he were looking for something. His eye remained focused on the blonde girl. Kaito knew better than to block the girl from Daichi, and he moved aside to allow the ninja to pass. Daichi examined the girl closely, and for a moment Kaito looked embarrassed for his teammate. "Something about your chakra is off, but i just can't seem to put my finger on it." With that small statement he walked past the girls towards one of the booths. Yuriko remained quiet, wondering what Daichi had meant. Kaito thought it was a little odd, but paid it no attention otherwise. "Are you entering the exams as well?"
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Yes, my nation has a funny name. It was originally a puppet.

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Bycrest wrote:
Acroticus wrote:

Zankuro Masoka

The last thing Maris was expecting today was a fight, but he somehow managed to find one. He hadn't managed to test the puppet armor's weapons so he didn't know how well it would do in battle, the most he was sure of was that punching seemed to work. "Well, no time like the present." Maris said to himself as he got the armor battle ready. The puppet stretched and flexed until its clothes started to rip and tear, revealing the puppet body. The clothes were only meant to disguise the puppet so in an actual battle they only slowed it down.

Maris looked up to find he was being rushed by his opponent, with the strange weapon in hand. Maris still didn't know what this guy was capable of so he had to find out at a distance before going back into the fight. Luckily he made sure to stock the armor with plenty of ranged weapons. Maris lifted up the armor's left arm that was secretly a senbon launcher and started firing out a flurry of the metal needles to stop his opponent's advance.

"Hmph," Zankuro sighed as the enemies clothes tore and fell to the ground, revealing some sort of armor. What was it? He continued rushing clower until the enemy raised it's left arm, and released a barrage of senbon. "Senbon? It must be... it must be a puppet," Zankuro thought to himself. He had heard stories of puppet masters from the Village Hidden in the Sand, and he had seen one at his chunin exam. But Revan Uzumaki wasn't known as a puppetmaster, and he wasn't from Sunagakure. Something as fast and strong as this puppet must have been run by someone who knew what they were doing. Which means that it was likely Revan wasn't the only hostile ninja to enter the village. It appeared he had help.

Zankruo loosened his grip on the Kinzotora, allowing the trident to slip lower in his hands. He regrabbed the handle, much closer to the top, holding it similar to a kunai. He knocked the senbon away, only slowing to ensure he had removed them all from his path. As he approached the puppet, he loosened his grip, this time dropping his hands further back. With both hands on the Kinzotora, he struck forward, towards the puppet's torso. Even if it was some sort of chakra infused metal, the Kinzotora might be able to break it, he thought.
Last edited by Acroticus on Thu May 19, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Thu May 19, 2016 8:39 pm

Acroticus wrote:
Bycrest wrote:The last thing Maris was expecting today was a fight, but he somehow managed to find one. He hadn't managed to test the puppet armor's weapons so he didn't know how well it would do in battle, the most he was sure of was that punching seemed to work. "Well, no time like the present." Maris said to himself as he got the armor battle ready. The puppet stretched and flexed until its clothes started to rip and tear, revealing the puppet body. The clothes were only meant to disguise the puppet so in an actual battle they only slowed it down.

"Hmph," Zankuro sighed as the enemies clothes tore and fell to the ground, revealing some sort of armor. What was it? He continued rushing clower until the enemy raised it's left arm, and released a barrage of senbon. "Senbon? It must be... it must be a puppet," Zankuro thought to himself. He had heard stories of puppet masters from the Village Hidden in the Sand, and he had seen one at his chunin exam. But Revan Uzumaki wasn't known as a puppetmaster, and he wasn't from Sunagakure. Something as fast and strong as this puppet must have been run by someone who knew what they were doing. Which means that it was likely Revan wasn't the only hostile ninja to enter the village. It appeared he had help.

Zankruo loosened his grip on the Kinzotora, allowing the trident to slip lower in his hands. He regrabbed the handle, much closer to the top, holding it similar to a kunai. He knocked the senbon away, only slowing to ensure he had removed them all from his path. As he approached the puppet, he loosened his grip, this time dropping his hands further back. With both hands on the Kinzotora, he struck forward, towards the puppet's torso. Even if it was some sort of chakra infused metal, the Kinzotora might be able to break it, he thought.

Maris was surprised and impressed at how easily the opposing shinobi deflected his senbon. Not only did he deflect even one of the metal needles, but he was able to perceived them all and escape without a scratch. He was obviously very use to his weapon's movements and acted as if it was a part of his body. Maris had planned to continue to keep his distance from the trident user but it was too late as his opponent rushed to Maris's location. The strict was aim directly at the armor's chest and subsequently Maris himself. He move the left arm in front of the attack, hoping that the steel would be enough to block the attack, or at the very least stop it from piercing the chest.

RP Sample

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Thu May 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Bycrest wrote:
Acroticus wrote:

Maris was surprised and impressed at how easily the opposing shinobi deflected his senbon. Not only did he deflect even one of the metal needles, but he was able to perceived them all and escape without a scratch. He was obviously very use to his weapon's movements and acted as if it was a part of his body. Maris had planned to continue to keep his distance from the trident user but it was too late as his opponent rushed to Maris's location. The strict was aim directly at the armor's chest and subsequently Maris himself. He move the left arm in front of the attack, hoping that the steel would be enough to block the attack, or at the very least stop it from piercing the chest.

The enemy's puppet moved faster than he thought something that size could, swinging it's arm around to defend itself from Zankuro's attack. The Kinzotora was easily deflected. Zankuro furrowed his brow. Something made of copper or zinc shouldn't have that kind of strength; this must have been some form of steel. Zankuro immediately started planning. Steel was magnetic, which gave Zankuro an advantage. His jikiton jutsu would have great effect against an enemy like this. However, if he were going to use his jikiton, he'd have to reveal much more about his skills than he wanted. At least he knew he had his magnetic jutsu in his back pocket.

Zankuro lifted his trident, taking another wide swing at the enemy, and then again. Strikes like these amplified Zankuro's strength, but they weren't all that fast. He needed to change his stance to increase his speed, and test the limits of this puppet. Perhaps he could also find from where the puppeteer was controlling it. He choked up on the Kinzotora, and began striking in quick jabs, watching the puppet's movements carefully.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu May 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Revan had absolutely no clue as to why he was headed to the Yamanaka clan compound, all he would find there was a clan of angry family members who believed him to be a killer of a good kid. Despite his instinctual screams that he should walk away and to avoid his past ties in the village, he couldn't help but be drawn to his late friend's home.

So there he stood, right outside the clan's gates, staring at the banner that stood above them. The Nara and Akimichi clan compounds were nearby as well. Revan's instincts gave up at that point, if he were discovered here he'd be overwhelmed by a horde of some of the most well tied clans in the history of the elemental nations.

Yet he made no attempt to move, he remained staring at the entrance banner. A part of him deeply wished that he would have know ahead of time what would go down. Then his two closest friends wouldn't be dead, his piece of shit sensei would be decaying in a pit somewhere in the boonies, and he'd be welcomed home with open arms.

Home.... He hadn't been home in a little over a decade, he hadn't seen any of his family in that long either. He'd spent a little under half of his life alone, his only company the lupine species that occupy Whirlpool. Revan thought for a moment that he was on the verge of a mental breakdown, but the sight of a familiar face snapped him out of it. It was Yoshi's younger cousin, Revan couldn't for the life of him remember her name. They looked so similair, of course, when the younger cousin was younger and had more baby fat it was less noticeable, but now it was obvious. The two were always more like siblings than cousins...

A spike in killing intent in the area was quickly suppressed as Revan strode away. His mission to kill Kurou Gāgoiru was no longer just for him, it was for everyone else who's lives were impacted. So they could all have some closure.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse