NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:05 am

Kyraina wrote:
Ularn wrote:I've been better in this RP than most when it comes to posting when I say I can. Guess my schedule's been a bit more regular recently so it's been easier to figure when I'll have the time free to do it.

That said, I've got a friend coming to stay tomorrow so there's not much chance I'll be able to post until after the weekend, although since mine's the most recent post I guess I'm not under much pressure anyway :p

I'll try and post. Today . Sorry about not posting

I'm working on a post will probably have it up in a couple days
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Kyraina wrote:I'll try and post. Today . Sorry about not posting

I'm working on a post will probably have it up in a couple days

I'll just be here, subtly guilt-tripping the entire thread, 'til then ;)
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:56 pm

I love how Orville's response to the apocalypse has been to go home and read a book while listening to Suspicious Minds on repeat. Like, he already had an RV packed and ready for a weekend in the mountains. It seems like he would have had decent survival chances just by sticking to his original weekend getaway schedule. Maybe he was pausing to let the zombies catch up to give them a sporting chance? :lol:

Altito, do you want to post and/or is there anything you want me to write into my last post to help you out?
Last edited by Ularn on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:19 am

Ularn wrote:I love how Orville's response to the apocalypse has been to go home and read a book while listening to Suspicious Minds on repeat. Like, he already had an RV packed and ready for a weekend in the mountains. It seems like he would have had decent survival chances just by sticking to his original weekend getaway schedule. Maybe he was pausing to let the zombies catch up to give them a sporting chance? :lol:

Altito, do you want to post and/or is there anything you want me to write into my last post to help you out?

Yes, I'm sorry.

I need for you to post...something so that I can post.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:38 am

I feel like I should post something, but I don't really have anything to post.
Times are looking grim these days~

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:49 am

I'll try and post in the next few days to catch up with you guys on the ferry. Would you guys mind if he did get his RV on ferry by being one of the first ones and a politician?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:57 am

Cainesland wrote:I'll try and post in the next few days to catch up with you guys on the ferry. Would you guys mind if he did get his RV on ferry by being one of the first ones and a politician?

That seems fine to me.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Since I believe that the person that Simon was interacting with disappeared, does anyone want to interact with him?

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Terintania wrote:Since I believe that the person that Simon was interacting with disappeared, does anyone want to interact with him?

Where is Simon At?

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:05 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ularn wrote:I love how Orville's response to the apocalypse has been to go home and read a book while listening to Suspicious Minds on repeat. Like, he already had an RV packed and ready for a weekend in the mountains. It seems like he would have had decent survival chances just by sticking to his original weekend getaway schedule. Maybe he was pausing to let the zombies catch up to give them a sporting chance? :lol:

Yes, I'm sorry.

Okay. Any suggestions? We've already got zombies, soldiers and civilians (some likely trying to fight off the zombies while others flee) running around the pier while the ferry makes its final approach. Once it arrives (in about 30 seconds IC time) it'll probably get swarmed by panicked people trying to escape the zombies. I'm not entirely sure what else to add to that.

I could have Flak run for the ferry and maybe fight off a zombie on the way; that was my plan for him anyway, but I don't think that by itself will give you anything else for Sherry to work with that you don't have already :?
Last edited by Ularn on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:45 am

Ularn wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Yes, I'm sorry.

Okay. Any suggestions? We've already got zombies, soldiers and civilians (some likely trying to fight off the zombies while others flee) running around the pier while the ferry makes its final approach. Once it arrives (in about 30 seconds IC time) it'll probably get swarmed by panicked people trying to escape the zombies. I'm not entirely sure what else to add to that.

I could have Flak run for the ferry and maybe fight off a zombie on the way; that was my plan for him anyway, but I don't think that by itself will give you anything else for Sherry to work with that you don't have already :?

Let me figure it on my own,then. I do think what I need is just sort of motivation talks.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:56 am

So I read in the news today that apparently the sale and manufacture of "Zombi Knives" is about to become illegal in the UK. By the looks of things, zombies knives are basically just regular utility or combat knives or machetes and axes and such with a whole lot of useless spikes added on for intimidation value.

Fair enough with the ban. It was already illegal to carry these things in public so whatever. The thing I don't get after looking at a bunch of pictures of these things is why anyone would want to buy them? The unnecessary spikes probably make them less useful than the weapons they're based on, and intimidation value counts for nothing since zombies don't feel fear (duh!). At the end of the day, we pretty much perfected the technology of standby weapons for killing people several thousand years ago. If any of these were any use, we'd have been digging them out of Roman burial crypts for as long as archaeology's been a thing.

Like seriously; zombie fans should know better and no-one else should have an interest in these things to begin with. :blink: :blink:
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:57 am

So I read in the news today that apparently the sale and manufacture of "Zombi Knives" is about to become illegal in the UK. By the looks of things, zombies knives are basically just regular utility or combat knives or machetes and axes and such with a whole lot of useless spikes added on for intimidation value.

Fair enough with the ban. It was already illegal to carry these things in public so whatever. The thing I don't get after looking at a bunch of pictures of these things is why anyone would want to buy them? The unnecessary spikes probably make them less useful than the weapons they're based on, and intimidation value counts for nothing since zombies don't feel fear (duh!). At the end of the day, we pretty much perfected the technology of standby weapons for killing people several thousand years ago. If any of these were any use, we'd have been digging them out of Roman burial crypts for as long as archaeology's been a thing.

Like seriously; zombie fans should know better and no-one else should have an interest in these things to begin with. :blink: :blink:
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:12 am

Ularn wrote:So I read in the news today that apparently the sale and manufacture of "Zombi Knives" is about to become illegal in the UK. By the looks of things, zombies knives are basically just regular utility or combat knives or machetes and axes and such with a whole lot of useless spikes added on for intimidation value.

I understand the spikers thing. They add unessary weight, and make it hard to use as a tool. I use a knife or axe for just about everything, in fact I carry a knife on me at all times. Usually a little pocket knife, plus a 14 inch blade in my car, in top of my pistol, I also have a knife by my pistol safe in my house.

I would feel naked in a place like the UK were I couldn't carry my pistol nor my knife

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:17 am

Kyraina wrote:
Ularn wrote:So I read in the news today that apparently the sale and manufacture of "Zombi Knives" is about to become illegal in the UK. By the looks of things, zombies knives are basically just regular utility or combat knives or machetes and axes and such with a whole lot of useless spikes added on for intimidation value.

I understand the spikers thing. They add unessary weight, and make it hard to use as a tool. I use a knife or axe for just about everything, in fact I carry a knife on me at all times. Usually a little pocket knife, plus a 14 inch blade in my car, in top of my pistol, I also have a knife by my pistol safe in my house.

I would feel naked in a place like the UK were I couldn't carry my pistol nor my knife

I'd feel horrifically exposed in a place like the US where anyone around me could have woken up thinking "I'd better be ready to shoot someone today."
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:38 am

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:I understand the spikers thing. They add unessary weight, and make it hard to use as a tool. I use a knife or axe for just about everything, in fact I carry a knife on me at all times. Usually a little pocket knife, plus a 14 inch blade in my car, in top of my pistol, I also have a knife by my pistol safe in my house.

I'd feel horrifically exposed in a place like the US where anyone around me could have woken up thinking "I'd better be ready to shoot someone today."

That can happen any place and any where, the bkack market makes that possible, but I understand your fear there. The only times I really thought that was when I was deployed in Afghanistan.

While I carry, I have never had to use my pistol or knife training here in the US. My size deters most people, but the one time it doesn't I want to have a friend with me, that friend being my pistol. While I carry for self-defense it's more of a thing that keeps me grounded, annd brings me comfort. The pistol I carry and use for target practice was giving to me by a couple of friends before he and she were killed in Afghanistan.

As far as a "Zombie Knife" goes, I don't have any thing that in humane or Impartical. Well other then my skinning knife, that has a really tiny hook and blade on the back of my knife that is for skinning a animal kill annd making sure I don't stick the blade into the guts, which would ruin the meat.

Eclixia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eclixia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:08 pm

Why have all these fancy semi-automatic weapons when you can go to the UK and use your compact Mini in the garage as your zombie weapon?
A hyper-consumerist and hyper-capitalist society with next to no regulations or restrictions for big businesses.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Eclixia wrote:

Why have all these fancy semi-automatic weapons when you can go to the UK and use your compact Mini in the garage as your zombie weapon?

Because in the real world you can only cream one zombie with your car before you'll have to replace your windshield. After a few more the bonnet'll probably go and after that your engine's gonna get gummed up with bits pretty quickly. Cars aren't really designed to survive multiple collisions with anything without some repairs or some kind of maintenance :ugeek: :p
Last edited by Ularn on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:13 am

Ularn wrote:
Eclixia wrote:Because in the real world you can only cream one zombie with your car before you'll have to replace your windshield. After a few more the bonnet'll probably go and after that your engine's gonna get gummed up with bits pretty quickly. Cars aren't really designed to survive multiple collisions with anything without some repairs or some kind of maintenance :ugeek: :p

Ularn, bringing the well needed logic into the zombie apocalypse, and entertainment :)

Like, yeah, there's suspension of disbelief, but still.

Are you like me where half the time when watching movies you're just mentally rambling about all the things that make no sense? Specifically in action movies?
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Getting a post up (Finally again, where the heck did time go?), but I will respond with Effy after Terintania posts.
My Last.FM and RYM

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:27 am

Tag
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Corrian wrote:Getting a post up (Finally again, where the heck did time go?), but I will respond with Effy after Terintania posts.

Got sidetracked by Minecraft :lol2:

I've been getting distracted with other things a lot recently.

It's my birthday but I'm going to try to finish my post in a bit.
My Last.FM and RYM

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Corrian wrote:
Corrian wrote:Getting a post up (Finally again, where the heck did time go?), but I will respond with Effy after Terintania posts.

Happy Birthday :)

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Corrian wrote:

Happy birthday!

Remind me, and I'll try to post today.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Terintania wrote:Remind me, and I'll try to post today.

Uh, I forgot to read this myself.

Also, so much for posting that day. Jesus, how has it been a week? Yay, more distractions?

And for an fyi, I'll be on vacation starting Monday, to like...Tuesday the following week I think? And I don't know if I'll have access to the Internet yet, so I probably won't be around much. Not that I have been, anyway...
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse