NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:17 am

Tag

You're it.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:18 am

Togeria wrote:Tag

You're it.

Hon Hon

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:36 am

Helvetea wrote:Character Application
Name: Akemi Satano
Appearance: https://66.media.tumblr.com/091e5de610c44fd1e00b8a1c7f5bc2ae/tumblr_na2669IHMo1tj9hxpo1_500.gif (One of the few images of her that I like)
Personal Items:
Clothes in the Picture
A Military-esque outfit belonging to her husband
Cell Phone
A Portable Charger
A rather impressive pantry of supplies for her apartment
A 3DS
Weapons:
Knights SR-25 rifle, civilian version with 20″ barrel
AMT .22 Lightning Carbine
Illegally modifed AR-15
Katana
Bio: 1/4th Japanese, 1/4th German, 1/2 American, and 4/4th adorable, Akemi is the ideal wife for those well-off single otakus. While looking cute for her age, however, Akemi is a bit odd. She's always had a taste for stuff others of her gender wouldn't usually be found doing. Akemi is an avid zombie fan, having red the zombie books by Max Brooks and the Nazi Zombies Mode in her favourite Call of Duty Games (Mob of The Dead being her favourite). In order to familiarize herself with firearms, she joined up with a firing range and found that she liked sniper rifles, like the Springfield. Due to her obsessiveness with the Undead, Akemi practically squeed when she read the first reports of the sickness. Putting her knowledge to good use, she stocked up on provisions, bought a Knights SR-25 and secretly purchased a Civilian AR-15 modified to automatic-firing. By the time the outbreak hit, she turned her apartment into a Survivalist fortress, with enough provisions and black-market ammo to hold out for months.

Akemi's sanity is starting to fracture, as she's starting to get a power complex from her position of strength and from lack of interaction with others. In her mind, she is lord of whatever she can see from her apartment window, but she's also very much aware that if she messes up, she'll be dead. As such, she's starting to get anxious and paranoid, and she's also starting to suffer from lack of sleep. As she's familiar with zombie novels, she recognises that the well-stocked places are always mobbed by the desperate. Not exactly willing to risk getting herself killed, she's barricaded the door to her fifth floor apartment in Seattle and is quite willing to shoot anyone who tries to enter guns blazing. However, she's only familiar with the classic slow-moving infected, which may cause problems if an uncommon infected decides to attack. In Addition, she's actually terrified to go outside her apartment with zombies around, which is why her supplies aren't really portable.

OK, so
1. That's kinda a lot of guns.
2. I would like to avoid too many crazy characters, especially ones that could be dangerous to others, which seems like she could potentially be
3. Not enough time has passed for her to have any side effects from it.
Times are looking grim these days~

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:55 am

Terintania wrote:
Helvetea wrote:Character Application
Name: Akemi Satano
Appearance: https://66.media.tumblr.com/091e5de610c44fd1e00b8a1c7f5bc2ae/tumblr_na2669IHMo1tj9hxpo1_500.gif (One of the few images of her that I like)
Personal Items:
Clothes in the Picture
A Military-esque outfit belonging to her husband
Cell Phone
A Portable Charger
A rather impressive pantry of supplies for her apartment
A 3DS
Weapons:
Knights SR-25 rifle, civilian version with 20″ barrel
AMT .22 Lightning Carbine
Illegally modifed AR-15
Katana
Bio: 1/4th Japanese, 1/4th German, 1/2 American, and 4/4th adorable, Akemi is the ideal wife for those well-off single otakus. While looking cute for her age, however, Akemi is a bit odd. She's always had a taste for stuff others of her gender wouldn't usually be found doing. Akemi is an avid zombie fan, having red the zombie books by Max Brooks and the Nazi Zombies Mode in her favourite Call of Duty Games (Mob of The Dead being her favourite). In order to familiarize herself with firearms, she joined up with a firing range and found that she liked sniper rifles, like the Springfield. Due to her obsessiveness with the Undead, Akemi practically squeed when she read the first reports of the sickness. Putting her knowledge to good use, she stocked up on provisions, bought a Knights SR-25 and secretly purchased a Civilian AR-15 modified to automatic-firing. By the time the outbreak hit, she turned her apartment into a Survivalist fortress, with enough provisions and black-market ammo to hold out for months.

Akemi's sanity is starting to fracture, as she's starting to get a power complex from her position of strength and from lack of interaction with others. In her mind, she is lord of whatever she can see from her apartment window, but she's also very much aware that if she messes up, she'll be dead. As such, she's starting to get anxious and paranoid, and she's also starting to suffer from lack of sleep. As she's familiar with zombie novels, she recognises that the well-stocked places are always mobbed by the desperate. Not exactly willing to risk getting herself killed, she's barricaded the door to her fifth floor apartment in Seattle and is quite willing to shoot anyone who tries to enter guns blazing. However, she's only familiar with the classic slow-moving infected, which may cause problems if an uncommon infected decides to attack. In Addition, she's actually terrified to go outside her apartment with zombies around, which is why her supplies aren't really portable.

OK, so
2. I would like to avoid too many crazy characters, especially ones that could be dangerous to others, which seems like she could potentially be

More Edits, I take it?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Helvetea wrote:
Terintania wrote:OK, so

More Edits, I take it?

If you want to be accepted, that would probably be best :P

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Terintania wrote:
Helvetea wrote:
More Edits, I take it?

If you want to be accepted, that would probably be best :P

Deleted the bit that had those.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Helvetea wrote:
Terintania wrote:If you want to be accepted, that would probably be best :P

I didn't realize how much ammo you said she had. I would rather not have her have just tons of supplies. That makes it a bit too easy. Especially if you're going to have two guns. Also, there wasn't really any early warning of the sickness. It just suddenly hit, so she hasn't really had time to prepare, other than the last few hours.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Terintania wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

I didn't realize how much ammo you said she had. I would rather not have her have just tons of supplies. That makes it a bit too easy. Especially if you're going to have two guns. Also, there wasn't really any early warning of the sickness. It just suddenly hit, so she hasn't really had time to prepare, other than the last few hours.

Don't worry, she won't have all of those supplies forever. (Cough)Fire(Cough) I've made a bunch of edits to the OOC, so I'll just make the nerfs in IC.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Helvetea wrote:
Terintania wrote:I didn't realize how much ammo you said she had. I would rather not have her have just tons of supplies. That makes it a bit too easy. Especially if you're going to have two guns. Also, there wasn't really any early warning of the sickness. It just suddenly hit, so she hasn't really had time to prepare, other than the last few hours.

Don't worry, she won't have all of those supplies forever. (Cough)Fire(Cough) I've made a bunch of edits to the OOC, so I'll just make the nerfs in IC.

Or just give up and just plant her on the street as a random otaku in a store when all hell breaks loose.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:27 am

Helvetea wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

Or just give up and just plant her on the street as a random otaku in a store when all hell breaks loose.

I feel like you've already had to modify so much of the character - and you'll have to modify them some more still to make her able to interact with the other characters any time soon - that you might be best just starting from scratch and doing something with perhaps a similar personality but with less doomsday prepping, so that she has to flee to Fort Casey like everyone else. That way she can find some of the other PCs pretty much immediately instead of waiting for them to come across her apartment, which is probably still OOC weeks (and IC days) from ever happening even if we tailored the story to go there by the quickest route.

Remember, playing as a badass sniper with tons of ammo and food in a secure location is playing the zombie apocalypse on easy mode; I'm certain you'll have more fun writing about the challenges faced by a less capable character. The LaMOE fortress is something we should maybe aspire to having our characters earn somewhere down the line; we shouldn't start out with it otherwise it'll just get boring.
Last edited by Ularn on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:33 am

If I was reserved please remove me.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:34 am

Oh man, I'm gonna be sidetracked for a few days listening to the RNC...If I still have brain cells after one day to handle any more.

Still gonna post, though.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:43 am

Ularn wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

I feel like you've already had to modify so much of the character - and you'll have to modify them some more still to make her able to interact with the other characters any time soon - that you might be best just starting from scratch and doing something with perhaps a similar personality but with less doomsday prepping, so that she has to flee to Fort Casey like everyone else. That way she can find some of the other PCs pretty much immediately instead of waiting for them to come across her apartment, which is probably still OOC weeks (and IC days) from ever happening even if we tailored the story to go there by the quickest route.

Remember, playing as a badass sniper with tons of ammo and food in a secure location is playing the zombie apocalypse on easy mode; I'm certain you'll have more fun writing about the challenges faced by a less capable character. The LaMOE fortress is something we should maybe aspire to having our characters earn somewhere down the line; we shouldn't start out with it otherwise it'll just get boring.

I might just back out entirely.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:45 am

*Actually reads recent posts* So cheery.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:04 am

Helvetea wrote:
Ularn wrote:I feel like you've already had to modify so much of the character - and you'll have to modify them some more still to make her able to interact with the other characters any time soon - that you might be best just starting from scratch and doing something with perhaps a similar personality but with less doomsday prepping, so that she has to flee to Fort Casey like everyone else. That way she can find some of the other PCs pretty much immediately instead of waiting for them to come across her apartment, which is probably still OOC weeks (and IC days) from ever happening even if we tailored the story to go there by the quickest route.

I'm definitely not encouraging you to do that! Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit negative with all this. It's just that right now (and for at least the next few weeks, I imagine) this RP is about getting our characters to Fort Casey and getting established there. If your character's not going to Fort Casey then there's not going to be heaps for them to do and for your own sake I'd just rather see you happy with a workable character now than let you go ahead with your original plan only to arrive in the IC and find no-one to play with. :hug:

Corrian wrote:*Actually reads recent posts* So cheery.

If you're referring to my post on the drive through Tacoma, that's actually the abridged version of what I would have written if we weren't eager to nudge the story along :p Otherwise, Bulldozer Guy would have had a post to himself, as would the group who mobbed the truck when they tried to pick up survivors, and Flak and Sherry would have had to get out at some point to fight some zombies for a few posts as well.
Last edited by Ularn on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:30 am

Your posts are great, though, Ularn. Always nice to have people with lots of ideas for the posts. And honestly they gave me motivation for a more detailed post related to my child character at the whole checkpoint thing.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:36 am

Corrian wrote:Your posts are great, though, Ularn. Always nice to have people with lots of ideas for the posts. And honestly they gave me motivation for a more detailed post related to my child character at the whole checkpoint thing.

Appreciate it :)

Corrian wrote:Oh man, I'm gonna be sidetracked for a few days listening to the RNC...If I still have brain cells after one day to handle any more.

Still gonna post, though.

Just started reading some of the news stories. Holy shit and this is only Day One?

*grabs popcorn*
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:56 am

Ularn wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

I'm definitely not encouraging you to do that! Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit negative with all this. It's just that right now (and for at least the next few weeks, I imagine) this RP is about getting our characters to Fort Casey and getting established there. If your character's not going to Fort Casey then there's not going to be heaps for them to do and for your own sake I'd just rather see you happy with a workable character now than let you go ahead with your original plan only to arrive in the IC and find no-one to play with. :hug:

Corrian wrote:*Actually reads recent posts* So cheery.

If you're referring to my post on the drive through Tacoma, that's actually the abridged version of what I would have written if we weren't eager to nudge the story along :p Otherwise, Bulldozer Guy would have had a post to himself, as would the group who mobbed the truck when they tried to pick up survivors, and Flak and Sherry would have had to get out at some point to fight some zombies for a few posts as well.

I'm going on a 2 week AFK thing in less than two weeks, so I'm just looking for casual stuff.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 am

Helvetea wrote:
Ularn wrote:I'm definitely not encouraging you to do that! Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit negative with all this. It's just that right now (and for at least the next few weeks, I imagine) this RP is about getting our characters to Fort Casey and getting established there. If your character's not going to Fort Casey then there's not going to be heaps for them to do and for your own sake I'd just rather see you happy with a workable character now than let you go ahead with your original plan only to arrive in the IC and find no-one to play with. :hug:

I'm going on a 2 week AFK thing in less than two weeks, so I'm just looking for casual stuff.

Well this isn't a terribly fast-moving RP (which is part of why I suspected you wouldn't want your character separated from the main group; we'd take a long time writing our way back to them) so you could introduce a character now and not find them left too far behind by the time you get back from your thing. :)
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:29 am

Ularn wrote:Just started reading some of the news stories. Holy shit and this is only Day One?

It's honestly scary. While NO past president will speak there (They refuse), plus many others, the remaining of the party that is left is just insane.

Just yeah...

Off to destroy brain cells.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:43 am

Corrian wrote:
Ularn wrote:Just started reading some of the news stories. Holy shit and this is only Day One?

It's honestly scary. While NO past president will speak there (They refuse), plus many others, the remaining of the party that is left is just insane.

Just yeah...

Off to destroy brain cells.

They need to big girl up and get behind trump, if they don't its not going to end well for the GOP
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:31 am

Kyraina wrote:They need to big girl up and get behind trump, if they don't its not going to end well for the GOP

I'm just going to enjoy it self destructing :)

Anyway, gonna see what I can type up before I past out.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:49 am

Corrian wrote:
Kyraina wrote:They need to big girl up and get behind trump, if they don't its not going to end well for the GOP

I'm just going to enjoy it self destructing :)

In the USA, where Democrats are on thee left and the Republicans in the right, yet it's flipped flopped in thee rest of the world

Still. Working on. A. Post as well
Last edited by Kyraina on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:21 am

Kyraina wrote:
Corrian wrote:I'm just going to enjoy it self destructing :)

In the USA, where Democrats are on thee left and the Republicans in the right, yet it's flipped flopped in thee rest of the world

Funny thing about that: Compared to the politics of just about any other western nation, the Democrats are right of centre. Bernie Sanders - the demonic Marxist socialist commie pinko that his detractors claim him to be - is a pretty typical left-winger by European standards - maybe even a little centrist.
Last edited by Ularn on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:26 am

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:

Funny thing about that: Compared to the politics of just about any other western nation, the Democrats are right of centre. Bernie Sanders - the demonic Marxist socialist commie pinko that his detractors claim him to be - is a pretty typical left-winger by European standards - maybe even a little centrist.

I am a centrist by American Standards.
I was in the military and I Have to deal with Our Horrible Veterans Admin Healthcare. So government ran Healthcare is one of the things I am right wing on. I like Sanders and would vote for him. HrC and Trump both worry me though. I am voting third party this year

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse