NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:12 pm

Ularn wrote:So is there anyone who might be heading to Tacoma or eventually Port Townsend? If so I could have Flak and Sherry meet up with them.

Both of my characters seem likely to end up in Mulkiteo
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Updated the OP accepted character roster.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:48 am

Room for one more?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:50 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Room for one more?

Yup

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:51 am

By the way, I'll post on this soon. Just trying to read through an entire IC for an RP I joined, and with other (Non productive) stuff I do, it takes a while. And today is my hiking day.
My Last.FM and RYM

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Name: John Hayes.

Appearance: He stands at 5'11 with Icy blue eyes which gleam out through he black underlines. His hair is black as coal, short and well kept. He wears a pair of darker navy jeans, light-brown caterpillar work-boots and a navy hoodie.

Personal Items: A Nissan Navara Aventura pick up truck, a single weapons case for carrying his rifle, camouflage backpack containing his hunting clothing, a canteen, a handful of rounds for his rifle a bedroll and tent. And lastly a cooler in his truck containing fresh cuts of meat from their hunting trip, buried beneath a few pelts.

Weapons: X1 Metal Baseball bat (and ball!), X1 Parker Hale Model 2600 Rifle & X1 Hunting Knife (in the truck).

Bio: Born in 1991, in a small town known as Peterhead in Scotland, John migrated to California (Fremont to be precise) with his Mother at the age of three, where he enjoyed a fairly high quality of life (His mother was a bit of an Oil Baron, owning her own small oil company.) Gaining a fairly good education in his early life, and continued to prove himself an intelligent young man throughout high school and college. Upon graduating he went on to become an engineer like his mother, only instead of going into oil, he opened his own electrical engineering firm which received subsidies from his mother's much larger oil firm in return for discounted services. Despite his new found wealth, he never let it go to his head and to most was a perfectly normal and pretty friendly guy. Always down to Earth and easy to get along with. Currently he's returning from a hunting trip with his closest friend and her younger sister to the Le Clerc wildlife area, and they're parked up in a small restaurant in Everett before continuing their journey south after an eventful few weeks.

Character 2.

Name: Monika Muller.

Appearance: She stands at 6'1 with sparkling green eyes. She has a fairly slender build yet, she appears to be fairly well fed. Her long blonde hair is tucked up neatly in a pony tail. She wears a blue hoodie and a pair of black tracksuit bottoms, as footwear she wears a pair of brown, muddied work boots.

Personal Items: Large camping backpack with a bedroll attached to it's bottom using bungee cords containing her hunting clothes, flint and steel, portable stove and various other bits and bobs needed for a good ol' hunting trip, eg - marshmellows and tinned foods.

Weapons: X1 1-Winchester Model 70 Rifle X1 Hunting Knife (in the truck).

Bio: Born into a migrant family of German origins, Monika is a second generation migrant who’s home lays in good old California. Her parents were working class tradesfolk, her mother an accountant and her father an electrician. She was a fairly bright student during her time in education and showed great promise, often finding herself immersed in her studies, enjoying them greatly in both high school and elementary. Upon leaving school however, she’d dreamed of joining the Army, unfortunately however her parents were in great opposition to the idea and slowly but surely drove it from her mind, instead she went to work with her mother, where she met John, her and her mother’s boss and the son of a close family friend (John’s mother was close with her mother). The two quickly became friends and over the last year have regularly went on hunting trips across the states, most recently to Washington state.

Character 3.

Name: Juliette Muller.

Appearance: She stands at only 5'1 with dark blue eyes, nearing on navy, her hair is long, blonde and held up in a pony tail like her older sibling's, she wears a thin black jacket with a light blue T-shirt beneath, along with a pair of navy jeans and white trainers.

Personal Items: Large camping backpack with a bedroll attached to it's bottom using bungee cords containing her hunting clothes, a few small novels and a sketchpad w/ pens.

Weapons: X1 Remmington 700 Rifle (in the truck).

Bio: The younger sibling of Monika, Juliette is the spitting image of her elder sibling, albeit shorter and still filled with that youthful innocence. Unlike her sister however, she’s far more lacking in confidence, usually only talking when she must, the only exception being once she’s gotten to know you a bit, then it can sometimes be a bit of a mission to get her to shut up. When her sister began going on trips and the likes with John, she too came along, her parents saying it would be a great opportunity for her to bond with her sibling and to learn new skills. At first, she fought it with all her heart, despising the idea, but once she’d gotten out there and actually gotten to know John and how things were done, she loved it more than anything else, always looking forward to their next trip.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:13 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Name: John Hayes.

Appearance: He stands at 5'11 with Icy blue eyes which gleam out through he black underlines. His hair is black as coal, short and well kept. He wears a pair of darker navy jeans, light-brown caterpillar work-boots and a navy hoodie.

Personal Items: A Nissan Navara Aventura pick up truck, a single weapons case for carrying his rifle, camouflage backpack containing his hunting clothing, a canteen, a handful of rounds for his rifle a bedroll and tent. And lastly a cooler in his truck containing fresh cuts of meat from their hunting trip, buried beneath a few pelts.

Weapons: X1 Metal Baseball bat (and ball!), X1 Parker Hale Model 2600 Rifle & X1 Hunting Knife (in the truck).

Bio: Born in 1991, in a small town known as Peterhead in Scotland, John migrated to California (Fremont to be precise) with his Mother at the age of three, where he enjoyed a fairly high quality of life (His mother was a bit of an Oil Baron, owning her own small oil company.) Gaining a fairly good education in his early life, and continued to prove himself an intelligent young man throughout high school and college. Upon graduating he went on to become an engineer like his mother, only instead of going into oil, he opened his own electrical engineering firm which received subsidies from his mother's much larger oil firm in return for discounted services. Despite his new found wealth, he never let it go to his head and to most was a perfectly normal and pretty friendly guy. Always down to Earth and easy to get along with. Currently he's returning from a hunting trip with his closest friend and her younger sister to the Le Clerc wildlife area, and they're parked up in a small restaurant in Everett before continuing their journey south after an eventful few weeks.

Character 2.

Appearance: She stands at 6'1 with sparkling green eyes. She has a fairly slender build yet, she appears to be fairly well fed. Her long blonde hair is tucked up neatly in a pony tail. She wears a blue hoodie and a pair of black tracksuit bottoms, as footwear she wears a pair of brown, muddied work boots.

Personal Items: Large camping backpack with a bedroll attached to it's bottom using bungee cords containing her hunting clothes, flint and steel, portable stove and various other bits and bobs needed for a good ol' hunting trip, eg - marshmellows and tinned foods.

Bio: Born into a migrant family of German origins, Monika is a second generation migrant who’s home lays in good old California. Her parents were working class tradesfolk, her mother an accountant and her father an electrician. She was a fairly bright student during her time in education and showed great promise, often finding herself immersed in her studies, enjoying them greatly in both high school and elementary. Upon leaving school however, she’d dreamed of joining the Army, unfortunately however her parents were in great opposition to the idea and slowly but surely drove it from her mind, instead she went to work with her mother, where she met John, her and her mother’s boss and the son of a close family friend (John’s mother was close with her mother). The two quickly became friends and over the last year have regularly went on hunting trips across the states, most recently to Washington state.

Character 3.

Appearance: She stands at only 5'1 with dark blue eyes, nearing on navy, her hair is long, blonde and held up in a pony tail like her older sibling's, she wears a thin black jacket with a light blue T-shirt beneath, along with a pair of navy jeans and white trainers.

Personal Items: Large camping backpack with a bedroll attached to it's bottom using bungee cords containing her hunting clothes, a few small novels and a sketchpad w/ pens.

Bio: The younger sibling of Monika, Juliette is the spitting image of her elder sibling, albeit shorter and still filled with that youthful innocence. Unlike her sister however, she’s far more lacking in confidence, usually only talking when she must, the only exception being once she’s gotten to know you a bit, then it can sometimes be a bit of a mission to get her to shut up. When her sister began going on trips and the likes with John, she too came along, her parents saying it would be a great opportunity for her to bond with her sibling and to learn new skills. At first, she fought it with all her heart, despising the idea, but once she’d gotten out there and actually gotten to know John and how things were done, she loved it more than anything else, always looking forward to their next trip.

The pick up is known as the Frontier in the US by the way
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Name: John Hayes.

Character 2.

Character 3.

Accepted

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Orville: "I know the world is ending but Poirot's about to announce who the real killer is!" :lol2:
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:01 am

So I already mentioned this to Corrian but Flak is an obscenely flagrant self-insert character, so much so that when I'm in my work gear I'm one length of PVC pipe and some other knicknacks away from cosplaying him, and today I discovered sometimes that makes me look fat:

http://imgur.com/XaxEgUs
http://imgur.com/6IKarPl
http://imgur.com/0PQ0qEu
http://imgur.com/uGYOs5z

:lol:

Altito and I've got plans or the next little bit of our characters' side of the story. I'll get a post up in a day or two.
Last edited by Ularn on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:09 am

Will post when I get home

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:23 am

Ularn wrote:So I already mentioned this to Corrian but Flak is an obscenely flagrant self-insert character, so much so that when I'm in my work gear I'm one length of PVC pipe and some other knicknacks away from cosplaying him, and today I discovered sometimes that makes me look fat:

http://imgur.com/XaxEgUs
http://imgur.com/6IKarPl
http://imgur.com/0PQ0qEu
http://imgur.com/uGYOs5z

:lol:

Altito and I've got plans or the next little bit of our characters' side of the story. I'll get a post up in a day or two.

Nice :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:21 am

Okay, so...um...Flak can read minds? :p

Because Sherry didn't said about the spear aloud. Sorry, just minor details.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:25 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Okay, so...um...Flak can read minds? :p

Because Sherry didn't said about the spear aloud. Sorry, just minor details.

My bad. I thought the bit where she said "...if I can get something...bigger and easier to hold since this glass is small...I think I will be fine." was her suggesting turning the glass into a spearhead. You're right though; that still used a bit of mind-reading on Flak's part, so I've chopped that last paragraph. Sherry could still suggest using the spirit level as a spear shaft if she wanted to.
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:32 am

Oh and hey; I just found that if you google "spirit level" on a mobile device it actually turns your phone or iPad or whatever into a spirit level. Mind-fucking-blown! :p
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:27 am

Ularn wrote:Oh and hey; I just found that if you google "spirit level" on a mobile device it actually turns your phone or iPad or whatever into a spirit level. Mind-fucking-blown! :p

I have no idea what any of that means.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:54 am

Terintania wrote:
Ularn wrote:Oh and hey; I just found that if you google "spirit level" on a mobile device it actually turns your phone or iPad or whatever into a spirit level. Mind-fucking-blown! :p

I have no idea what any of that means.

Basically, Google has an app that turns your phone into a digital version of one of these, which is a very important measuring tool when doing construction work, as you'll need to know if, for example, the floor you're working on is level or the wall you're building goes straight.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:42 am

Ularn wrote:
Terintania wrote:I have no idea what any of that means.

Basically, Google has an app that turns your phone into a digital version of one of these, which is a very important measuring tool when doing construction work, as you'll need to know if, for example, the floor you're working on is level or the wall you're building goes straight.

Or if what ever your building is straight as well and Level as well.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:45 am

Kyraina wrote:
Ularn wrote:Basically, Google has an app that turns your phone into a digital version of one of these, which is a very important measuring tool when doing construction work, as you'll need to know if, for example, the floor you're working on is level or the wall you're building goes straight.

Or if what ever your building is straight as well and Level as well.

Well yeah, that's what I meant by "working on"
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:48 am

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Or if what ever your building is straight as well and Level as well.

Well yeah, that's what I meant by "working on"

Didn't see the working on. I do some carpentry and gun smithing on the side of working for Walmart.

Its fun though building stuff. I mainly built personal shops, and porch furniture
Last edited by Kyraina on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:30 am

I'll post soon-ish - next couple of days or so. Originally I missed Altito's reply and then Brexit happened and I've spent the last few days to pissed off at everything happening back home to write anything good. Over in Venture of Heroes I think I gave my new character one of the worst intros I've written in years.
Last edited by Ularn on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:40 am

Ularn wrote:I'll post soon-ish - next couple of days or so. Originally I missed Altito's reply and then Brexit happened and I've spent the last few days to pissed off at everything happening back home to write anything good. Over in Venture of Heroes I think I gave my new character one of the worst intros I've written in years.

Nah, it's understandable man. Even over here on the other side of the pond, I was pretty shocked. I have a friend that literally just moved there (This month)
My Last.FM and RYM

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:51 am

Same story as at my other RPs - I had to focus on College a bit more than expected these last few weeks, so I sort of dropped off the radar for a while.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:17 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Same story as at my other RPs - I had to focus on College a bit more than expected these last few weeks, so I sort of dropped off the radar for a while.

No worries, school is important.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:06 am

So, funny story but on boring days at work I've actually had quite a few conversations with colleagues about what we'd do if zombies ever attacked the site we're working on. General consensus is Step 1 would have to be board up the windows and demolish the lower staircases. Other things we've established are:
  • Sorry videogames; pinch bars* make a shitty melee weapon
  • Same goes for sledgehammers
  • A framing hammer is the god of all zombie apocalypse weapons
  • Even if you bypass the safety features that should stop a nailgun firing unless it's against a wall, nails have really terrible ballistics. Between spin and bullet drop, none of us could get a nail to stick in a target past about ten metres
  • A crowbar* might make a decent spear if you're strong enough and have to defend a choke point, but we'd rather not test that theory
  • Construction sites are actually pretty handy places to be when the apocalypse hits
  • Demolition sites are actually pretty terrible places to be when the apocalypse hits
  • Sparkies are only useful if they can build an electric windmill
  • Health & Safety should start requiring all site offices to keep a supply of seed packets, just in case we have to grow our own food. Make a note for the next Union meeting

*The thing Americans call a crowbar is actually different to what the rest of the world calls it. Elsewhere the English speaking world call's that a pinch-bar, jemmy, prybar or a bunch of other names. For non-Americans, a crowbar is pretty much always a straight metal rod about two metres long that you use for breaking up ground or as a lever when a pinch bar's not long enough to do the job.
Last edited by Ularn on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse