Page 10 of 29

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:45 pm
by Corrian
I think I'm going to generally go with The Walking Dead zombie rules. Well, one, the estimate is that there will be, in its prime (This is still early stages of everything being thrown into chaos and people being eaten, so there's probably a still fairly large amount of people alive, for now), 1 person for every 5,000 zombies according to The Walking Dead wiki. Two, they appear to be slowly rotting more and more and falling apart in the show, though in logical terms, it wouldn't take long at all so that will obviously be tweaked for the RP. Three, I recall the zombies actually being smart enough to smash windows with bricks in season 1 (Episode one even I think?), so I'm going to make the zombies seem a bit more intelligent at first until that goes away.

Pretty much my long way of saying that I'm making it so the zombie seems to be actually trying to break the window, instead of just being its clueless self.

Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?

Thea is in Monroe.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:47 pm
by Kyraina
Corrian wrote:I think I'm going to generally go with The Walking Dead zombie rules. Well, one, the estimate is that there will be, in its prime (This is still early stages of everything being thrown into chaos and people being eaten, so there's probably a still fairly large amount of people alive, for now), 1 person for every 5,000 zombies according to The Walking Dead wiki. Two, they appear to be slowly rotting more and more and falling apart in the show, though in logical terms, it wouldn't take long at all so that will obviously be tweaked for the RP. Three, I recall the zombies actually being smart enough to smash windows with bricks in season 1 (Episode one even I think?), so I'm going to make the zombies seem a bit more intelligent at first until that goes away.

Pretty much my long way of saying that I'm making it so the zombie seems to be actually trying to break the window, instead of just being its clueless self.

Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?

Thea is in Monroe.

I was gonna leave the window part up to you since Effy has a better view then Joseph does

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm
by Terintania
Perhaps I should change where Simon is, and maybe put him where Joseph and Effy are

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm
by Corrian
Terintania wrote:Perhaps I should change where Simon is, and maybe put him where Joseph and Effy are

For some reason I was thinking you were a part of a group of people heading to the airport gathering together at the airport :P

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:53 pm
by Kyraina
Terintania wrote:Perhaps I should change where Simon is, and maybe put him where Joseph and Effy are

Might be smart considering Joseph has a trailer just encase Simon runs out if gas due to only having like a 6 gallon tank at its largest

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:54 pm
by Terintania
Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:Perhaps I should change where Simon is, and maybe put him where Joseph and Effy are

For some reason I was thinking you were a part of a group of people heading to the airport gathering together at the airport :P

Nope. Simon just went to the store :P

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:57 pm
by Kyraina
Damn you Corrian. Just joking but really really!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That just frigging insane and crazy to try that loll. Oh well

Will post when I wake up

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:02 pm
by Corrian
Kyraina wrote:Damn you Corrian. Just joking but really really!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That just frigging insane and crazy to try that loll. Oh well

Will post when I wake up

Told you he'd hate her :P

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:03 pm
by Terintania
I'm going to change my post to say that Simon is in Arlington, rather than Seattle, because that just makes more sense.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:09 pm
by Quensatango
Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?

Currently working on my first post I planned to have my characters start in Issaquah, a town outside of Seattle. I can change it for convenience. If we're wanting to get everyone grouped up.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:15 pm
by Corrian
Quensatango wrote:
Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?

Currently working on my first post I planned to have my characters start in Issaquah, a town outside of Seattle. I can change it for convenience. If we're wanting to get everyone grouped up.

Well, everyone will get grouped up eventually anyway, but it still makes sense to have some group up before hand. Thea and her parents won't group up until they get to the safe zone (Whenever that comes up)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:17 pm
by Terintania
Quensatango wrote:
Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?

Currently working on my first post I planned to have my characters start in Issaquah, a town outside of Seattle. I can change it for convenience. If we're wanting to get everyone grouped up.

Hm. Maybe I'll go with that, so you can have someone to interact with. However, I can change SImon's location to that, because I get the feeling that makes more sense than him going to Seattle as a the nearest store, when he lives on a farm.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:33 pm
by Ularn
Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:Perhaps I should change where Simon is, and maybe put him where Joseph and Effy are

For some reason I was thinking you were a part of a group of people heading to the airport gathering together at the airport :P

Pretty sure Flak and Sherry are the only PCs near the airport right now.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:45 pm
by Quensatango
Terintania wrote:Hm. Maybe I'll go with that, so you can have someone to interact with. However, I can change SImon's location to that, because I get the feeling that makes more sense than him going to Seattle as a the nearest store, when he lives on a farm.

Ularn wrote:Pretty sure Flak and Sherry are the only PCs near the airport right now.

Okay sounds good, we (Simon and my characters) could probably meet south of Issaquah and then make our way west to the international airport to meet up with Sherry and flak.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:48 pm
by Terintania
Quensatango wrote:
Terintania wrote:Hm. Maybe I'll go with that, so you can have someone to interact with. However, I can change SImon's location to that, because I get the feeling that makes more sense than him going to Seattle as a the nearest store, when he lives on a farm.

Ularn wrote:Pretty sure Flak and Sherry are the only PCs near the airport right now.

Okay sounds good, we (Simon and my characters) could probably meet south of Issaquah and then make our way west to the international airport to meet up with Sherry and flak.

Simon is currently in a store, looting it for supplies. That's all I know for context of meeting :P

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:20 pm
by Altito Asmoro
Quensatango wrote:
Terintania wrote:Hm. Maybe I'll go with that, so you can have someone to interact with. However, I can change SImon's location to that, because I get the feeling that makes more sense than him going to Seattle as a the nearest store, when he lives on a farm.

Ularn wrote:Pretty sure Flak and Sherry are the only PCs near the airport right now.

Okay sounds good, we (Simon and my characters) could probably meet south of Issaquah and then make our way west to the international airport to meet up with Sherry and flak.


To be exact both of us are in SeaTac.

Corrian wrote:I think I'm going to generally go with The Walking Dead zombie rules. Well, one, the estimate is that there will be, in its prime (This is still early stages of everything being thrown into chaos and people being eaten, so there's probably a still fairly large amount of people alive, for now), 1 person for every 5,000 zombies according to The Walking Dead wiki. Two, they appear to be slowly rotting more and more and falling apart in the show, though in logical terms, it wouldn't take long at all so that will obviously be tweaked for the RP. Three, I recall the zombies actually being smart enough to smash windows with bricks in season 1 (Episode one even I think?), so I'm going to make the zombies seem a bit more intelligent at first until that goes away.

Pretty much my long way of saying that I'm making it so the zombie seems to be actually trying to break the window, instead of just being its clueless self.

Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?

Thea is in Monroe.


Oh, Corrian, do the zombies in this RP can run or just walking slowly?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:32 pm
by Corrian
"I-Normal Infected: Your typical, slow zombie type infected. Most common type. Eat people and shamble around. Look like your typical newly undead person. Early Stage of infection.
-Runners: Runners are like typical infected, but fast. They can run faster than a typical person, so outsmart them, or kill them fast. Second most common. Slightly more lithe than typical infected. Early stage of infection."

I would say there are probably not a ton of runners yet, though they are "Early stage of infection", and they're second most common.

I can't remember right now what our rules were on who gets to control what. Anyone can control normal infected, but did that include runners? *Looks at Terintania*

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:56 pm
by Terintania
Corrian wrote:"I-Normal Infected: Your typical, slow zombie type infected. Most common type. Eat people and shamble around. Look like your typical newly undead person. Early Stage of infection.
-Runners: Runners are like typical infected, but fast. They can run faster than a typical person, so outsmart them, or kill them fast. Second most common. Slightly more lithe than typical infected. Early stage of infection."

I would say there are probably not a ton of runners yet, though they are "Early stage of infection", and they're second most common.

I can't remember right now what our rules were on who gets to control what. Anyone can control normal infected, but did that include runners? *Looks at Terintania*

As the second most common, anyone can control them. Normal zombies can kinda shamble at a speed faster than a walk, but I wouldn't consider it running.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:43 pm
by Vaquas
Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?


Fleeing Seattle.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:08 pm
by Altito Asmoro
Vaquas wrote:
Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?


Fleeing Seattle.


There's a good chance the military is blocking every exits and entries to and from Seattle. Of course, sea is the hardest to watch over especially when you have a speed boat.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:16 pm
by Terintania
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Fleeing Seattle.


There's a good chance the military is blocking every exits and entries to and from Seattle. Of course, sea is the hardest to watch over especially when you have a speed boat.

I imagine the military is probably focused on getting a safe zone set up, especially since the infection is in no way contained to seattle, so there's no real point in keeping people from leaving.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:30 pm
by Corrian
I'd also imagine there will be more safe zones beyond the one we will have, considering that would be a lot of people. Just like, ours gets full or something and they start setting somewhere else up elsewhere that is irrelevant to our story.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:04 pm
by Terintania
Corrian wrote:I'd also imagine there will be more safe zones beyond the one we will have, considering that would be a lot of people. Just like, ours gets full or something and they start setting somewhere else up elsewhere that is irrelevant to our story.

I believe it's mentioned in the OP that there's one for each state

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:09 pm
by Corrian
Terintania wrote:I believe it's mentioned in the OP that there's one for each state

I meant in the same state. Not sure everyone could fit at Fort Casey :P

Though then again, most people are zombies...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:11 pm
by Terintania
Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:I believe it's mentioned in the OP that there's one for each state

I meant in the same state. Not sure everyone could fit at Fort Casey :P

Though then again, most people are zombies...

Yeah, most people are dead, so I figured it could make sense, if they used the lawn as well and whatnot