NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kyraina
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7278
Founded: Aug 12, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sun May 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Terintania wrote:Hm. One thing that kind of bothers me in people being very uncaring right in to the RP, and just being OK with killing innocent people for no reason, unless they have a good reason for being so uncaring.

Personal survival is not a good enough reason?

As far as Joseph is concerned he uses a risk factor before he just rushes in to rescue someone, at the very least he will put a bullet in someone's head as long as the firearm report doesn't put him in danger otherwise yeah........ That's just how he is
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun May 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Terintania wrote:Hm. One thing that kind of bothers me in people being very uncaring right in to the RP, and just being OK with killing innocent people for no reason, unless they have a good reason for being so uncaring.

Personal survival is not a good enough reason?

As far as Joseph is concerned he uses a risk factor before he just rushes in to rescue someone, at the very least he will put a bullet in someone's head as long as the firearm report doesn't put him in danger otherwise yeah........ That's just how he is

Personal survival can make sense. Running people over just because doesn't really :P
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Kyraina
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7278
Founded: Aug 12, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sun May 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Personal survival is not a good enough reason?

As far as Joseph is concerned he uses a risk factor before he just rushes in to rescue someone, at the very least he will put a bullet in someone's head as long as the firearm report doesn't put him in danger otherwise yeah........ That's just how he is

Personal survival can make sense. Running people over just because doesn't really :P

Joseph didn't do that though
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

User avatar
New Cobastheia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1556
Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun May 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Personal survival is not a good enough reason?

As far as Joseph is concerned he uses a risk factor before he just rushes in to rescue someone, at the very least he will put a bullet in someone's head as long as the firearm report doesn't put him in danger otherwise yeah........ That's just how he is

Personal survival can make sense. Running people over just because doesn't really :P

Theo didn't do it just because, it was a mix of personal survival and getting out of a city during a zombie apocalypse. To be fair, I didn't put anything in his app showing he was mentally stable or not, in retrospect, probably should have. If you want I can just telegram you his mental status.

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun May 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Terintania wrote:Personal survival can make sense. Running people over just because doesn't really :P

Joseph didn't do that though

Wasn't referring to your character
Last edited by Terintania on Sun May 22, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun May 22, 2016 7:29 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Terintania wrote:Personal survival can make sense. Running people over just because doesn't really :P

Theo didn't do it just because, it was a mix of personal survival and getting out of a city during a zombie apocalypse. To be fair, I didn't put anything in his app showing he was mentally stable or not, in retrospect, probably should have. If you want I can just telegram you his mental status.

That would probably be good, because knowing that would probably have an effect on whether or not he's accepted. I'm pretty sure running people over probably wasn't very useful toward personal survival, and the way I see it, if we end up having too many characters that just don't care, then there will be no possibility for morally hard plot lines or anything like that.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
New Cobastheia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1556
Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun May 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Terintania wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Theo didn't do it just because, it was a mix of personal survival and getting out of a city during a zombie apocalypse. To be fair, I didn't put anything in his app showing he was mentally stable or not, in retrospect, probably should have. If you want I can just telegram you his mental status.

That would probably be good, because knowing that would probably have an effect on whether or not he's accepted. I'm pretty sure running people over probably wasn't very useful toward personal survival, and the way I see it, if we end up having too many characters that just don't care, then there will be no possibility for morally hard plot lines or anything like that.

Should I take that as just take out the word living at the end of the post and plan to make him more empathic?
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Sun May 22, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun May 22, 2016 7:34 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Terintania wrote:That would probably be good, because knowing that would probably have an effect on whether or not he's accepted. I'm pretty sure running people over probably wasn't very useful toward personal survival, and the way I see it, if we end up having too many characters that just don't care, then there will be no possibility for morally hard plot lines or anything like that.

Should I take that as just take out the word living at the end of the post and plan to make him more empathic?

If that's how you choose to go about it. I just feel like having too many uncaring people this early could get problematic :P

Of course, I feel kinda bad saying this when my character literally cannot feel empathy or any such emotion. But that's why I keep saying 'too many'
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Kyraina
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7278
Founded: Aug 12, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sun May 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Joseph didn't do that though

Wasn't referring to your character

Oh.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

User avatar
New Cobastheia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1556
Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun May 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Terintania wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Should I take that as just take out the word living at the end of the post and plan to make him more empathic?

If that's how you choose to go about it. I just feel like having too many uncaring people this early could get problematic :P

Of course, I feel kinda bad saying this when my character literally cannot feel empathy or any such emotion. But that's why I keep saying 'too many'

Naw, it's fine if I have too.

I am wondering though, is it ok if I make him act empathic when he's near people most of the time, but it reality he's can't feel empathy correctly?

It's just that I kind of planned for his sister and him to be opposites emotion wise. Him being somewhat of a Twisted Person (Somewhat Weak Emotions, Not much Empathy, Impulsive, Weird Morals) and she being very motherly to all people.
He still has morals both ways, it's just one way, they're mostly normal morals and the other, they're somewhat twisted morals.
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Sun May 22, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun May 22, 2016 7:57 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Terintania wrote:If that's how you choose to go about it. I just feel like having too many uncaring people this early could get problematic :P

Of course, I feel kinda bad saying this when my character literally cannot feel empathy or any such emotion. But that's why I keep saying 'too many'

Naw, it's fine if I have too.

I am wondering though, is it ok if I make him act empathic when he's near people most of the time, but it reality he's can't feel empathy correctly?

It's just that I kind of planned for his sister and him to be opposites emotion wise. Him being somewhat of a Twisted Person (Somewhat Weak Emotions, Not much Empathy, Impulsive, Weird Morals) and she being very motherly to all people.
He still has morals both ways, it's just one way, they're mostly normal morals and the other, they're somewhat twisted morals.

Hm. I would say it's OK, as long as he's not too just... cold and uncaring about everything.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
New Cobastheia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1556
Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun May 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Terintania wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Naw, it's fine if I have too.

I am wondering though, is it ok if I make him act empathic when he's near people most of the time, but it reality he's can't feel empathy correctly?

It's just that I kind of planned for his sister and him to be opposites emotion wise. Him being somewhat of a Twisted Person (Somewhat Weak Emotions, Not much Empathy, Impulsive, Weird Morals) and she being very motherly to all people.
He still has morals both ways, it's just one way, they're mostly normal morals and the other, they're somewhat twisted morals.

Hm. I would say it's OK, as long as he's not too just... cold and uncaring about everything.

Ok, that's fine, and thank you for understanding why wishes to make my char a bit twisted. :)

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun May 22, 2016 8:05 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Terintania wrote:Hm. I would say it's OK, as long as he's not too just... cold and uncaring about everything.

Ok, that's fine, and thank you for understanding why wishes to make my char a bit twisted. :)

No worries :P I think part of my reluctance comes from trying to keep my own character more unique, but also due to not wanting people to just not care about things :P
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
New Cobastheia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1556
Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun May 22, 2016 8:11 pm

Terintania wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Ok, that's fine, and thank you for understanding why wishes to make my char a bit twisted. :)

No worries :P I think part of my reluctance comes from trying to keep my own character more unique, but also due to not wanting people to just not care about things :P

I can understand that, in fact, I kind of gathered the first part of your statement early on in the OOC. The second part you openly stated that serval times so I didn't need to gather that. :)
Anyways, I'm gonna get some sleep now, it's 11 where I live. Night.

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun May 22, 2016 8:14 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Terintania wrote:No worries :P I think part of my reluctance comes from trying to keep my own character more unique, but also due to not wanting people to just not care about things :P

I can understand that, in fact, I kind of gathered the first part of your statement early on in the OOC. The second part you openly stated that serval times so I didn't need to gather that. :)
Anyways, I'm gonna get some sleep now, it's 11 where I live. Night.

I kinda realized when I was typing the second part that I'd already said that, but also wanted to make sure it didn't look like I'd changed what I meant.

Goodnight!
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69604
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Corrian » Sun May 22, 2016 9:01 pm

I'll update things tomorrow when I'm less sleepy.
My Last.FM and RYM

RP's hosted by me: The Last of Us RP's

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Ularn
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6864
Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon May 23, 2016 4:06 am

Tagadag!
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

User avatar
Cainesland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10280
Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cainesland » Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 am

Is it ok, that I had the military evacuate him and the city council to the safe zone? Or should I get rid of that part? They will probably be separated at the safe zone.

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69604
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Corrian » Mon May 23, 2016 11:10 am

Cainesland wrote:Is it ok, that I had the military evacuate him and the city council to the safe zone? Or should I get rid of that part? They will probably be separated at the safe zone.

Oh yeah, your characters a politician, right? I could actually see him getting special treatment in this regard. Because I figure the military probably had more insight on this going to unfold and could prepare to jump the "important people" to the safe zone before they even have it prepared or announced for everyone else.

But I'll let Terintania put in their input, too.
My Last.FM and RYM

RP's hosted by me: The Last of Us RP's

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 11:24 am

Cainesland wrote:Is it ok, that I had the military evacuate him and the city council to the safe zone? Or should I get rid of that part? They will probably be separated at the safe zone.

There isn't even a safe zone fully set up yet, but I could imagine them taking him in to a convoy to keep him safe or something.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Cainesland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10280
Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cainesland » Mon May 23, 2016 11:26 am

Corrian wrote:
Cainesland wrote:Is it ok, that I had the military evacuate him and the city council to the safe zone? Or should I get rid of that part? They will probably be separated at the safe zone.

Oh yeah, your characters a politician, right? I could actually see him getting special treatment in this regard. Because I figure the military probably had more insight on this going to unfold and could prepare to jump the "important people" to the safe zone before they even have it prepared or announced for everyone else.

But I'll let Terintania put in their input, too.


Yes, he is a politician.

Terintania wrote:
Cainesland wrote:Is it ok, that I had the military evacuate him and the city council to the safe zone? Or should I get rid of that part? They will probably be separated at the safe zone.

There isn't even a safe zone fully set up yet, but I could imagine them taking him in to a convoy to keep him safe or something.


Ok, so would you say, given what you said, that keeping in the part about the military, is ok then?

User avatar
Cainesland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10280
Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cainesland » Mon May 23, 2016 11:28 am

Happy, Victoria Day. :)

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 11:47 am

Cainesland wrote:
Terintania wrote:There isn't even a safe zone fully set up yet, but I could imagine them taking him in to a convoy to keep him safe or something.


Ok, so would you say, given what you said, that keeping in the part about the military, is ok then?

Not sure. I haven't read the post yet :P
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 11:53 am

The military part seems fine, I'm mostly confused by how normal everything was. Like, some of the politicians and whatnot people in the office would have turned, too, causing chaos from that.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Cainesland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10280
Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cainesland » Mon May 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Terintania wrote:The military part seems fine, I'm mostly confused by how normal everything was. Like, some of the politicians and whatnot people in the office would have turned, too, causing chaos from that.


I thought this was starting before the major outbreak? So one had to be bit, or get sick, and of one was sick they would've stayed home from work.
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon May 23, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greater Liverpool, Laurvier, Nea Videssos, Sarderistan, Sudbrazil, Teklan

Advertisement

Remove ads