NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:07 am

Just so everyone knows. The Cannons on Fort Casey are useless. They have been demilitarized (holes cut in barrels, the firing bolts/actions welded shut, etc.). They are just decorations now.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:24 am

Can confirm, since I've been to the fort itself in real life.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:47 pm

Kyraina wrote:Just so everyone knows. The Cannons on Fort Casey are useless. They have been demilitarized (holes cut in barrels, the firing bolts/actions welded shut, etc.). They are just decorations now.

I know. Also most of them are pointing in the wrong direction to be useful, which is why I mentioned the soldiers on the ramparts not paying them any attention. Thanks Wikipedia! :p
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Just so everyone knows. The Cannons on Fort Casey are useless. They have been demilitarized (holes cut in barrels, the firing bolts/actions welded shut, etc.). They are just decorations now.

I know. Also most of them are pointing in the wrong direction to be useful, which is why I mentioned the soldiers on the ramparts not paying them any attention. Thanks Wikipedia! :p

Oh.

I was just staying that because if we have immobile guns in place and have no way to move them, we fubar then so they can't be used, without alot of frigging work by combat engineers

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Name: Rowan Smith
Appearance: 6'1", sandy blonde, grey eyes, lean figure, chiseled facial features, large hands
Personal Items: A beat-up old watch, and a '69 Chevy Nova
Weapons: Bat, hunting rifle, Colt M1911, hunting knives (3)
Bio: Rowan Smith was a lawyer's son and an avid hunter who lived in a small town on the coast of Washington. He had just come home from a hunt with his friends when the outbreak hit. His dad was among the first infected, and he was forced to crack his dad's head open with his baseball bat. Immediately, he hopped in his car and drove away. When he found out about Fort Casey, he drove there instantly.

Edited AGAIN. Thanks again OPs :)))))))))) hope it works this time.
Last edited by Cruxa on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Cruxa wrote:Name: Rowan Smith
Appearance: 6'1", sandy blonde, grey eyes, lean figure, chiseled facial features, large hands
Weapons: Machete, switchblade, Colt Commander .45 pistol, Beretta M9 pistol, length of pipe, Molotov cocktails, lighter, Remington hunting rifle, and an AK-74 with three rounds left
Bio: A former Detroit gangster, Rowan was a machine gunner in a powerful mob. He began to question his job, wondering why he was killing innocent humans for a bit of cash. When the infection hit, his fraying loyalties snapped as his gang tried to take over Detroit and put it under martial law. Driving to Washington with a few stolen guns, he heard about Fort Casey and headed there almost immediately.

You. Will have to expand bio

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Weapons: Machete, switchblade, Colt Commander .45 pistol, Beretta M9 pistol, length of pipe, Molotov cocktails, lighter, Remington hunting rifle, and an AK-74 with three rounds left
Bio: A former Detroit gangster, Rowan was a machine gunner in a powerful mob. He began to question his job, wondering why he was killing innocent humans for a bit of cash. When the infection hit, his fraying loyalties snapped as his gang tried to take over Detroit and put it under martial law. Driving to Washington with a few stolen guns, he heard about Fort Casey and headed there almost immediately.

You. Will have to expand bio

Additionally, we are maybe five hours into the apocalypse so far. Maybe Detroit was infected a few hours before Seattle (can't be much more than that, or the West Coast would have had better warning) but that's still not really enough time to attempt a takeover of Detroit, quit the gang, and then drive to Washington. Surely the drive alone would take at least a few days?
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:You. Will have to expand bio

Additionally, we are maybe five hours into the apocalypse so far. Maybe Detroit was infected a few hours before Seattle (can't be much more than that, or the West Coast would have had better warning) but that's still not really enough time to attempt a takeover of Detroit, quit the gang, and then drive to Washington. Surely the drive alone would take at least a few days?

That's true. It's like a 1 day 12 hour drive from Detroit to fort Casey.

Also bio doesn't make a heck of alot of sense giving time line

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Ularn wrote:Additionally, we are maybe five hours into the apocalypse so far. Maybe Detroit was infected a few hours before Seattle (can't be much more than that, or the West Coast would have had better warning) but that's still not really enough time to attempt a takeover of Detroit, quit the gang, and then drive to Washington. Surely the drive alone would take at least a few days?

That's true. It's like a 1 day 12 hour drive from Detroit to fort Casey.

Besides, there ought to be other safe zones in the states that he'd pass through on the way. Didn't we talk at some point about there possibly even being another safe zone just on the other side of Washington? Basically, Rowan would have had to pass at least a dozen other safe zones to get to Whidbey Island. There's no reason for Rowan to travel all that distance.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:That's true. It's like a 1 day 12 hour drive from Detroit to fort Casey.

Besides, there ought to be other safe zones in the states that he'd pass through on the way. Didn't we talk at some point about there possibly even being another safe zone just on the other side of Washington? Basically, Rowan would have had to pass at least a dozen other safe zones to get to Whidbey Island. There's no reason for Rowan to travel all that distance.

Thanks guys. I didn't calculate the distance between Detroit and Fort Casey, so I honestly had no idea :P but I can definitely fix that. Where should he be from, then? I need a city in the area.
Last edited by Cruxa on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Cruxa wrote:
Ularn wrote:Besides, there ought to be other safe zones in the states that he'd pass through on the way. Didn't we talk at some point about there possibly even being another safe zone just on the other side of Washington? Basically, Rowan would have had to pass at least a dozen other safe zones to get to Whidbey Island. There's no reason for Rowan to travel all that distance.

Thanks guys. I didn't calculate the distance between Detroit and Fort Casey, so I honestly had no idea :P but I can definitely fix that. Where should he be from, then? I need a city in the area.

Well, at the time of the outbreak he really needs to be somewhere within Washington State, probably near the coast, and at the very furthest maybe Northern Oregon or only just over the Canadian border. Any further away than that and Rowan'd probably have another safe closer at hand than Whidbey Island. I don't know how well putting him in that region fits with the gangster background you've given him though, so that's something I guess you'll have to figure out yourself.
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:13 pm

Thing is, Northern Oregon has Portland, too, and I guarantee there's a safe zone of sorts there as well. You practically go into Portland, leave Portland, get on a draw bridge, and BAM, you're in Washington (Can confirm because we just drove through there)

Also, Dallas to Seattle is 31 hours according to Google Maps.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Corrian wrote:Thing is, Northern Oregon has Portland, too, and I guarantee there's a safe zone of sorts there as well. You practically go into Portland, leave Portland, get on a draw bridge, and BAM, you're in Washington (Can confirm because we just drove through there)

Why'd you google map Dallas to Seattle?

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Corrian wrote:Thing is, Northern Oregon has Portland, too, and I guarantee there's a safe zone of sorts there as well. You practically go into Portland, leave Portland, get on a draw bridge, and BAM, you're in Washington (Can confirm because we just drove through there)

I knew Portland was somewhere around there but for once didn't hit up Google Maps to confirm. In that case, I guess it's really more likely that folks from southern Washington will be fleeing for the Portland safe zone than for those in northern Oregon to head for Seattle.
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:11 am

Kyraina wrote:

Why'd you google map Dallas to Seattle?

Oh...I did the wrong one...

I'll just blame it on being tired.
My Last.FM and RYM

Serio
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:28 am

Alright so I'm going to ask a few stupid questions, please forgive me. So right now everyone is running to the ferries, but what happens when the whole ferry thing is over? Will it ever end? Also this RP is in the first panic, where no one knows really whats going on they just got to run right? Last question, what kind of RP would there be in the safe zone? Okay, pass judgement on me if you please, but I really wanted to ask this stuff.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:38 am

Serio wrote:Alright so I'm going to ask a few stupid questions, please forgive me. So right now everyone is running to the ferries, but what happens when the whole ferry thing is over? Will it ever end? Also this RP is in the first panic, where no one knows really whats going on they just got to run right? Last question, what kind of RP would there be in the safe zone? Okay, pass judgement on me if you please, but I really wanted to ask this stuff.

Ferries have landed.

Everyone is now going to a safe zone at fort Casey.

In the safe zone anything we can do to survive, weather it's just getting to know the characters, providing guard duty, helping organize the camp, cooking, cutting fire wood down to put in fires, keeping generators fuel, etc.

Outside the safe zone full blown survival.

Edit: Ularn I found a solution to our dilemma with the bridge. We could use the ferries To transport vehicles to beaches in thee sound that have road access, or use them like barges and use smaller boats to approach the shore to bring supplies from the beaches to ferries, then use the ferry docks to offload once back to the island.
Last edited by Kyraina on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serio
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:12 am

Kyraina wrote:
Serio wrote:Alright so I'm going to ask a few stupid questions, please forgive me. So right now everyone is running to the ferries, but what happens when the whole ferry thing is over? Will it ever end? Also this RP is in the first panic, where no one knows really whats going on they just got to run right? Last question, what kind of RP would there be in the safe zone? Okay, pass judgement on me if you please, but I really wanted to ask this stuff.

Ferries have landed.

In the safe zone anything we can do to survive, weather it's just getting to know the characters, providing guard duty, helping organize the camp, cooking, cutting fire wood down to put in fires, keeping generators fuel, etc.

Alright, and when do the ferries stop, or never?

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:22 am

Serio wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Ferries have landed.

Alright, and when do the ferries stop, or never?

Ferries are currently stopped, but a convoy is in route through Deception Pass.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:16 am

maybe.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Bio: Rowan Smith was an American marine who was generally considered as skilled with a gun. He had served two tours in Afghanistan pre-infection and earned four Purple Hearts on duty. When the infection came, he was in his home in a small town on the coast of Washington, allowing him to grab his own weapons and leave for Fort Casey ASAP.

Edited now. Thanks again OPs :)

^^
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm interested in joining this rp, it seems pretty cool and I have a character in mind. It's not too late, is it?

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Biscaria wrote:I'm interested in joining this rp, it seems pretty cool and I have a character in mind. It's not too late, is it?

Nope.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:45 pm

Character Application
Name: Jimmy H. Carter
Appearance:

Personal Items:
- 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup
- Taylorcraft B Seaplane
- Sno-Cat (Broken)
- Vespa Motorscooter
- Motorboat
- Fleet of old rowboats (largely unusable)
- Mattress full of assorted dollar bills (money can be removed)
- Well-stocked pantry (fraction of it can be moved)
- Water Jugs
- Flashlights
- Faulty Portable Generator
- Portable Stove
- Zippo Lighter
- Pilot and Driver's Licenses
- Old Photos
- Assorted Knick-nacks (fraction of them can be moved)
Weapons:
- Model 1894 Winchester Rifle
- Smith & Wesson Model 29 Revolver
- Remington Model 870 Shotgun
- Savage Model 110 Rifle
- Stihl Contra Chainsaw
- Old Thompson Machine Gun
- Leatherman
- Bowie Knife
Bio:
Despite having the same name as former president Jimmy E. Carter (whom the H. Carter particularly liked), the two men have little in common outside of political views. Jimmy H. Carter has lived the last 47 years of his life as the proprietor of the Mt. Baker Lodge on Baker Lake in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (with the land being leased from the Park Service), catering to tourists and wannabe outdoorsmen. But Carter's true passion is the outdoors itself, and he loves and has learned to respect nature and all its pitfalls. He is a seasoned hunter and trapper, and built his lodge himself with his own two hands. Carter is both stubborn and caring, but is also graced with a dirty mouth and swears frequently. In regards to his relationships, he shared his respect for nature with his dearly departed wife Aggie, and with his dutiful 40 year old spinster daughter Beatrice (or Bea for short). With November being the off season at the lodge and with most people away from the area, the two of them were literally just sitting around reading last week's Seattle Times when the Outbreak occurred. It wasn't until a few hours later, when Bea was mindlessly searching the internet on the lodge's faulty Windows 2000 desktop, that either of them even knew about it. Unconcerned with the havoc among "yuppies" in the cities, Carter is hesitant to leave his long-time home for any so-called "safe zones." Bea tries to convince him of the danger anyway, and hopes that she can convince him to go to a safe zone if the need arises.
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Biscaria wrote:Character Application
Name: James "Carter" H. Carter
Appearance:
Personal Items:
- 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup
- Taylorcraft B Seaplane
- Sno-Cat (Broken)
- Vespa Motorscooter
- Motorboat
- Fleet of old rowboats (largely unusable)
- Mattress full of assorted dollar bills (money can be removed)
- Well-stocked pantry (fraction of it can be moved)
- Water Jugs
- Flashlights
- Faulty Portable Generator
- Portable Stove
- Zippo Lighter
- Pilot and Driver's Licenses
- Old Photos
- Assorted Knick-nacks (fraction of them can be moved)
Weapons:
- Model 1894 Winchester Rifle
- Smith & Wesson Model 29 Revolver
- Remington Model 870 Shotgun
- Savage Model 110 Rifle
- Stihl Contra Chainsaw
- Old Thompson Machine Gun
- Leatherman
- Bowie Knife
Bio:
Despite having the same name as former president James "Jimmy" E. Carter (whom the H. Carter particularly liked), the two men had little in common outside of political views. James "Carter" H Carter has lived the last 47 years of his life as the proprietor of the Mt. Baker Lodge on Baker Lake in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (with the land being leased from the Park Service), catering to tourists and wannabe outdoorsmen. But Carter's true passion was the outdoors itself, and he loved and learned to respect nature and all its pitfalls. This is a respect he shared with his dearly departed wife Aggie, and with his dutiful 40 year old spinster daughter Beatrice (or Bea for short). With November being the off season at the lodge and with most people away from the area, the two of them were literally just sitting around reading last week's Seattle Times when the Outbreak occurred. Carter went out hunting later that day, and came back home with several bagged infected animals. Ever dirty-mouthed, Carter complained about the declining state of the forests, when all of a sudden an infected, rabid bear crashed through the kitchen window of the lodge and nearly tore Bea apart. Carter's hunting rifle at close range put an end to the bear's undead life before Bea could be scathed, but she was left very scared and concerned. After checking the internet on the lodge's rickety Windows 2000 desktop, Bea realized the havoc in the cities and learned of the safe zone at Fort Casey on Whidbey Island. She urged her father Carter to leave, and showed him the facts of the situation, but he was been hesitant to leave the home in which he buried his wife. Now, while Carter guards his home, Bea begins packing and hopes that Carter will finally be persuaded to leave before it's too late.

It's only a few hours into the outbreak

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse