NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eclixia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eclixia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Eclixia wrote:It's the car model my Dad's company gave us while we were living as expats in Qatar. Considering the traffic around us were rusty Toyotas (and British petrol prices keep British car sizes down) it's the biggest car I know off the top of my head.

Oh. I'm use to seeing Hummer H1s and the SuV based on the Ford F350 1 Ton, the Ford excursion, both make the Armada look small, plus got the Ford/Hennessy Velocaraptor

I assume you live in Saudi Arabia or somewhere where the oil is dirt cheap.
Of course in England the situation is so bad the largest it gets is a Range Rover most of the time.
A hyper-consumerist and hyper-capitalist society with next to no regulations or restrictions for big businesses.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Eclixia wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Oh. I'm use to seeing Hummer H1s and the SuV based on the Ford F350 1 Ton, the Ford excursion, both make the Armada look small, plus got the Ford/Hennessy Velocaraptor

I assume you live in Saudi Arabia or somewhere where the oil is dirt cheap.
Of course in England the situation is so bad the largest it gets is a Range Rover most of the time.

Actually the USA. I drivea very fuel inefficient truck but only keep it cause I can't afford another vehicle with out selling the one I own and it's paid off
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Eclixia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eclixia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Eclixia wrote:I assume you live in Saudi Arabia or somewhere where the oil is dirt cheap.

Actually the USA. I drivea very fuel inefficient truck but only keep it cause I can't afford another vehicle with out selling the one I own and it's paid off

Enjoy the low petrol prices while you can. My Dad and his company sure ain't.
A hyper-consumerist and hyper-capitalist society with next to no regulations or restrictions for big businesses.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Eclixia wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Actually the USA. I drivea very fuel inefficient truck but only keep it cause I can't afford another vehicle with out selling the one I own and it's paid off

Enjoy the low petrol prices while you can. My Dad and his company sure ain't.

I just move to California so I don't know low gas prices any more

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:28 am

Working on response

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:09 am

Whoo, lot of dialogue there.

I figured this is something like what would be going on at the various boat terminals. Mulkiteo will probably be far more busy. The bridge would probably still have some sort of screening process as well to keep walking infected out but obviously they're not going to need to rank survivors for importance since there's no shortage of transportation there.

Altito's, I hope you don't mind me controlling Sherry a bit there. I'm happy to change anything you want me to but I wanted to keep us rolling. My next post'll probably have the boat arrive.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Helvetea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:14 am

Uhm...I dunno why, but I'd kinda like to RP a Brainiac...Probably because I can't seem to think of a human character.
Last edited by Helvetea on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:22 am

Ularn wrote:Whoo, lot of dialogue there.

I figured this is something like what would be going on at the various boat terminals. Mulkiteo will probably be far more busy. The bridge would probably still have some sort of screening process as well to keep walking infected out but obviously they're not going to need to rank survivors for importance since there's no shortage of transportation there.

Altito's, I hope you don't mind me controlling Sherry a bit there. I'm happy to change anything you want me to but I wanted to keep us rolling. My next post'll probably have the boat arrive.

No, it's fine by me. You can control her.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:32 am

So, uh...what should I do?

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:45 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ularn wrote:Whoo, lot of dialogue there.

No, it's fine by me. You can control her.

I should be done now. I'm thinking maybe we have the zombies show up at the same time as the boat and there's a mad rush for everyone to barely make it aboard. Maybe our characters take a few swings at them from the boarding ramp; maybe they run straight to the other end of the ship and cower until it casts off. Whatever happens I figure we'll each get a post or two of action out of it and then we can fast-track to arriving at Fort Casey.

Helvetea wrote:So, uh...what should I do?

Well, I'm not an OP so I don't know what they'll think on the subject but personally I'm not a fan of the idea of a zombie Player character. I rarely see good writing coming from the zombie's perspective mainly because it's so hard to write convincingly about a thing which feels no emotion and does not really even think. You'd have an easier time writing from the perspective of your dog or your smartphone.

That said, whichever way you go with your character, the first thing you'll need to do is submit an app. :)
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:54 am

Ularn wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Well, I'm not an OP so I don't know what they'll think on the subject but personally I'm not a fan of the idea of a zombie Player character. I rarely see good writing coming from the zombie's perspective mainly because it's so hard to write convincingly about a thing which feels no emotion and does not really even think. You'd have an easier time writing from the perspective of your dog or your smartphone.

That said, whichever way you go with your character, the first thing you'll need to do is submit an app. :)

The Brainiac does think...a bit.

Anyhoo, I'll make a brainiac app, and see if it works.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:02 am

Hmm, yeah, I'm not so sure about the Brainiac idea. The zombies were (mostly) supposed to be controlled by Terintania and I, besides the basic ones, and for that matter, I don't think playing a zombie would give you much to work with at all. Because the point was to have the special ones showing up when we want them to show up, not anybody else. Also, for that matter, it's only a few hours in, so none of them really have even turned into special infected yet.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:13 am

Corrian wrote:Hmm, yeah, I'm not so sure about the Brainiac idea. The zombies were (mostly) supposed to be controlled by Terintania and I, besides the basic ones, and for that matter, I don't think playing a zombie would give you much to work with at all. Because the point was to have the special ones showing up when we want them to show up, not anybody else. Also, for that matter, it's only a few hours in, so none of them really have even turned into special infected yet.

(Headslap) My bad. It's just that I had a zombie character that's been floating around in my head for so long.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:16 am

Helvetea wrote:(Headslap) My bad. It's just that I had a zombie character that's been floating around in my head for so long.

Honestly I would love to give someone a zombie character, but I just don't see it working, sorry :(
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:18 am

Corrian wrote:
Helvetea wrote:(Headslap) My bad. It's just that I had a zombie character that's been floating around in my head for so long.

Honestly I would love to give someone a zombie character, but I just don't see it working, sorry :(

Not only that. You have characters like Joseph that would shot thee zombie character till it was dead.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 am

Corrian wrote:

Well...Onto Plan B, which was gonna be worse. Time for my crazy character to run riot in the zombie apocalypse.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:58 am

Character Application
Name: Akemi Satano
Appearance: https://66.media.tumblr.com/091e5de610c44fd1e00b8a1c7f5bc2ae/tumblr_na2669IHMo1tj9hxpo1_500.gif (One of the few images of her that I like)
Personal Items:
Clothes in the Picture
A Military-esque outfit belonging to her husband
Cell Phone
A Portable Charger
A rather impressive pantry of supplies for her apartment
A 3DS
Weapons:
Knights SR-25 rifle, civilian version with 20″ barrel
AMT .22 Lightning Carbine
Katana
Bio: 1/4th Japanese, 1/4th German, 1/2 American, and 4/4th adorable, Akemi is the ideal wife for those well-off single otakus. While looking cute for her age, however, Akemi is a bit odd. She's always had a taste for stuff others of her gender wouldn't usually be found doing. Akemi is an avid zombie fan, having red the zombie books by Max Brooks and the Nazi Zombies Mode in her favourite Call of Duty Games (Mob of The Dead being her favourite). In order to familiarize herself with firearms, she joined up with a firing range and found that she liked sniper rifles, like the Springfield. Due to her obsessiveness with the Undead, Akemi practically squeed when she read the first reports of the sickness. Putting her knowledge to good use, she stocked up on provisions, bought a Knights SR-25 and an AMT .22 Carbine. By the time the outbreak hit, she turned her apartment into a Survivalist fortress, with enough provisions and black-market ammo to hold out for months.

As she's familiar with zombie novels, she recognises that the well-stocked places are always mobbed by the desperate. Not exactly willing to risk getting herself killed, she's barricaded the door to her fifth floor apartment in Seattle and is quite willing to shoot anyone who tries to enter guns blazing. However, she's only familiar with the classic slow-moving infected, which may cause problems if an uncommon infected decides to attack. In Addition, she's actually terrified to go outside her apartment with zombies around, which is why her supplies aren't really portable.
Last edited by Helvetea on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:56 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:26 am

So, uh, what're you planning to have Akemi do while barricaded in an apartment in (I assume) Seattle while most of the PCs will be living on an island and, even if/when they come over to scavenge, would have no reason to go near the LaMOE's house? It just seems like you've written yourself into a corner so far as character interactions are concerned.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 am

Ularn wrote:So, uh, what're you planning to have Akemi do while barricaded in an apartment in (I assume) Seattle while most of the PCs will be living on an island and, even if/when they come over to scavenge, would have no reason to go near the LaMOE's house? It just seems like you've written yourself into a corner so far as character interactions are concerned.

That's where she'll be at first. I plan for her to get out at some point, either from a zombie attack or an accident that take out the provisions. She's nice (If not a bit eccentric) but she bought too much into the breakdown of society thing.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:37 am

Helvetea wrote:
Ularn wrote:So, uh, what're you planning to have Akemi do while barricaded in an apartment in (I assume) Seattle while most of the PCs will be living on an island and, even if/when they come over to scavenge, would have no reason to go near the LaMOE's house? It just seems like you've written yourself into a corner so far as character interactions are concerned.

That's where she'll be at first. I plan for her to get out at some point, either from a zombie attack or an accident that take out the provisions. She's nice (If not a bit eccentric) but she bought too much into the breakdown of society thing.

Okay, but we're still only about four or five hours into the outbreak, so you're still gonna have her sitting in that apartment for a long time. I still think you might get more out of a different kind of approach to your character.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:38 am

Also I edited it a bit. If they're friendly, she won't shoot them.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:47 am

She also wouldn't be living off base. She would be living on Joint Base Lewis-Mccord. LT Col. Are required to live on base since they are usually a leader of a squadron or a battalion, unless her husband is National Guard or Reserve.

If he was Active Duty then she would already be in route or already at Fort Casey

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:53 am

Kyraina wrote:She also wouldn't be living off base. She would be living on Joint Base Lewis-Mccord. LT Col. Are required to live on base since they are usually a leader of a squadron or a battalion, unless her husband is National Guard or Reserve.

If he was Active Duty then she would already be in route or already at Fort Casey

Yeah...I'm not really familiar with how the U.S Army works. I'll edit that bit out.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:54 am

Helvetea wrote:
Kyraina wrote:She also wouldn't be living off base. She would be living on Joint Base Lewis-Mccord. LT Col. Are required to live on base since they are usually a leader of a squadron or a battalion, unless her husband is National Guard or Reserve.

Yeah...I'm not really familiar with how the U.S Army works. I'll edit that bit out.

It's fine. I was in the USAF, and worked side by side with The US Army. So if you have questions retaining to military matters feel free to ask

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:57 am

Kyraina wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

It's fine. I was in the USAF, and worked side by side with The US Army. So if you have questions retaining to military matters feel free to ask

I have to say though... Akemi's the first character I've actually put effort into for a while.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse