NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:17 am

Corrian wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Ah. Though that you still hiding few mutated zombies in the draft. :p

We may be working on more in that.

You don't hide anything more...right? :unsure:

8)

:twisted:

I for one am disappointed by the present lack of acid spitting and/or tank-like zombies in the manifest, and I'm saying that having never even played Left 4 Dead! :p
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:20 am

Ularn wrote:I for one am disappointed by the present lack of acid spitting and/or tank-like zombies in the manifest, and I'm saying that having never even played Left 4 Dead! :p

My sister tried to avoid completely ripping off those, I think.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:23 am

Sorry been busy
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 am

So here's Flak: http://imgur.com/SIaRqdx

Might do a little more messing around to make his clothes look more worn out and dirty but this is pretty much him once I have him build the armguard.

Now to go add the picture to my app.
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:41 am

Ularn wrote:So here's Flak: http://imgur.com/SIaRqdx

Might do a little more messing around to make his clothes look more worn out and dirty but this is pretty much him once I have him build the armguard.

Nice :)
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:36 am

Ularn wrote:So here's Flak: http://imgur.com/SIaRqdx

I was saying to Corrian that I should trying to convince you to do some art for me, like for Leroy or something :P
Times are looking grim these days~

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:54 pm

I seem to need to find someone else for Simon to interact with :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Terintania wrote:I seem to need to find someone else for Simon to interact with :P

I think we need to Telegram people.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Terintania wrote:I seem to need to find someone else for Simon to interact with :P

Well, Flak and Sherry will be hitting Tacoma next on their way to Port Townsend. If anyone wants to have their character picked up by them then just put them somewhere near Interstate 5 on the way into the city and I'll figure out a way to arrange an encounter.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Quensatango
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Quensatango » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Yeah sorry about that! Working on a post right now.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Quensatango wrote:

Yeah sorry about that! Working on a post right now.

Yay, you're back!

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:10 pm

I have an event to attend this weekend so I will not be able to post much (if at all) this weekend.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Cainesland wrote:I have an event to attend this weekend so I will not be able to post much (if at all) this weekend.

No worries.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:17 am

What's gonna be the state of the rest of the world in all of this?

I know global apocalypse tends to be typical for zombie stories but I wondered if it might make for an interesting dynamic if the rest of the world managed to weather the infection reasonably well (small outbreaks causing widespread chaos but eventually contained) and keep total disaster confined to the Americas. Allies might send aid packages and supply drops and such (which would help make surviving the winter a realistic possibility) but, for fear of bringing the infection back to their own soil, are reluctant to place boots on the ground in the form of aid workers or peacekeepers, and refuse to help evacuate people in case they're infected. The international efforts to combat the infection and save the survivors in North America could add an interesting background detail to whatever our characters get up to.

I also thought it might be interesting if foreign characters like Flak and Sherry were finally able to get in touch with their families at some point and find them alive and thriving while they're struggling to survive in a refugee camp on the edge of a hellscape with no idea when or if they might get home.
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:09 am

Ularn wrote:What's gonna be the state of the rest of the world in all of this?

I know global apocalypse tends to be typical for zombie stories but I wondered if it might make for an interesting dynamic if the rest of the world managed to weather the infection reasonably well (small outbreaks causing widespread chaos but eventually contained) and keep total disaster confined to the Americas. Allies might send aid packages and supply drops and such (which would help make surviving the winter a realistic possibility) but, for fear of bringing the infection back to their own soil, are reluctant to place boots on the ground in the form of aid workers or peacekeepers, and refuse to help evacuate people in case they're infected. The international efforts to combat the infection and save the survivors in North America could add an interesting background detail to whatever our characters get up to.

I also thought it might be interesting if foreign characters like Flak and Sherry were finally able to get in touch with their families at some point and find them alive and thriving while they're struggling to survive in a refugee camp on the edge of a hellscape with no idea when or if they might get home.

Hmm, I don't think we ever fully decided here, but that might be interesting.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:57 am

Corrian wrote:
Ularn wrote:What's gonna be the state of the rest of the world in all of this?

Hmm, I don't think we ever fully decided here, but that might be interesting.

I always imagined it being a world wide thing. For one, I imagine it would be hard to completely contain with birds continuing to spread the infection overseas. Perhaps they lasted longer, but if enough small towns got overrun, then zombies started heading to bigger towns, I imagine slowly, things would get overrun. Also, to me, it kind of offers to much of a way out, too much hope if there are other countries they could escape to, or that could offer help. Or eventually cure the virus :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:17 am

Terintania wrote:I always imagined it being a world wide thing. For one, I imagine it would be hard to completely contain with birds continuing to spread the infection overseas. Perhaps they lasted longer, but if enough small towns got overrun, then zombies started heading to bigger towns, I imagine slowly, things would get overrun. Also, to me, it kind of offers to much of a way out, too much hope if there are other countries they could escape to, or that could offer help. Or eventually cure the virus :P

Oh yeah, the birds part...That would probably single handedly ruin everything :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:42 am

Oh yeah, Kyraina, I donno if there were plans of a timeskip to the safe zone, but if so, I have an idea for something during the drive. So if there is a timeskip, it should be not fully to the safe zone

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:47 am

TK me Teri. Been busy

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:48 am

Kyraina wrote:TK me Teri. Been busy

What? TK?

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:54 am

TG

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:05 am

Terintania wrote:
Corrian wrote:Hmm, I don't think we ever fully decided here, but that might be interesting.

I always imagined it being a world wide thing. For one, I imagine it would be hard to completely contain with birds continuing to spread the infection overseas. Perhaps they lasted longer, but if enough small towns got overrun, then zombies started heading to bigger towns, I imagine slowly, things would get overrun. Also, to me, it kind of offers to much of a way out, too much hope if there are other countries they could escape to, or that could offer help. Or eventually cure the virus :P

Someone playing Plague Inc. too much here. :p Well, me too, actually. In the Plague Inc., bird is one of the ways (with ship) that can infect Greenland, the toughest territory to be infected.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:09 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Terintania wrote:I always imagined it being a world wide thing. For one, I imagine it would be hard to completely contain with birds continuing to spread the infection overseas. Perhaps they lasted longer, but if enough small towns got overrun, then zombies started heading to bigger towns, I imagine slowly, things would get overrun. Also, to me, it kind of offers to much of a way out, too much hope if there are other countries they could escape to, or that could offer help. Or eventually cure the virus :P

Someone playing Plague Inc. too much here. :p Well, me too, actually. In the Plague Inc., bird is one of the ways (with ship) that can infect Greenland, the toughest territory to be infected.

Never played that game before in my life

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Corrian wrote:

Oh yeah, the birds part...That would probably single handedly ruin everything :P

Could birds fly that far though? I mean, Alaska to Russia, sure, but they'd probably freeze solid this time of year and it's not like there's many people living across the Bering Strait to be infected, and getting from America to Europe or Africa? At its narrowest the Atlantic Ocean's got to be 2,000 miles wide. I'm not an Ornithologist but that sounds too far for a healthy bird to migrate, never mind one that's slowly decaying from the inside. Besides, why would a zombie bird try to fly that distance when there's still food at home. Indeed, if birds from the US can infect all the way to Europe, then Whidbey Island is already totally doomed; it's so close to the mainland it's practically a peninsula.

I also explained why the rest of the world wouldn't be offering the Americas a complete get out of jail free card; the infection could still have messed things up for them before they got it under control so the aid they could offer might be limited and the possibility of re-infecting themselves means they refuse to actually rescue anybody. Also, I did some rough maths and tossed some figures at Corrian in a TG earlier. Without some sort of outside assistance, I expect pretty much every person on Whidbey Island to be dead of exposure or starvation before the end of winter, whether hold out against the zombies or not.

Basically, I think we need other countries to be more or less okay for this RP to be anything other than extremely short lived and depressing ;)
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Ularn wrote:
Corrian wrote:Oh yeah, the birds part...That would probably single handedly ruin everything :P

Could birds fly that far though? I mean, Alaska to Russia, sure, but they'd probably freeze solid this time of year and it's not like there's many people living across the Bering Strait to be infected, and getting from America to Europe or Africa? At its narrowest the Atlantic Ocean's got to be 2,000 miles wide. I'm not an Ornithologist but that sounds too far for a healthy bird to migrate, never mind one that's slowly decaying from the inside. Besides, why would a zombie bird try to fly that distance when there's still food at home. Indeed, if birds from the US can infect all the way to Europe, then Whidbey Island is already totally doomed; it's so close to the mainland it's practically a peninsula.

I also explained why the rest of the world wouldn't be offering the Americas a complete get out of jail free card; the infection could still have messed things up for them before they got it under control so the aid they could offer might be limited and the possibility of re-infecting themselves means they refuse to actually rescue anybody. Also, I did some rough maths and tossed some figures at Corrian in a TG earlier. Without some sort of outside assistance, I expect pretty much every person on Whidbey Island to be dead of exposure or starvation before the end of winter, whether hold out against the zombies or not.

Basically, I think we need other countries to be more or less okay for this RP to be anything other than extremely short lived and depressing ;)

Well, for one, infected birds don't get tired. And as the infection mutates, the birds will too, probably being even more capable to fly around the world.
As to why, to spread the infection.
For the part of defending the fort, it's mentioned in the OP that the character survivors are immune, so it wouldn't exactly spread to the safe zone that way. And one fort is a lot easier to defend from any birds than a whole continent.

Whether or not they don't offer a lot of help at the start, there's still potential for them to eventually be able to rescue people, and create a cure, which would definitely mean the end of the RP, however long that takes( if it was even going then). As for the exposure and starvation, the military is...prepared for this, so they'd be prepared for dealing with the weather and food issues. Also, if coldness is that much of an issue, there are houses not too far beyond Fort Casey, where the safe Zone could be extended to, given a little time to secure the area. But if you still think it's an issue, perhaps the world could, at first, be able to offer assistance, before becoming overrun.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse