NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu May 26, 2016 5:49 am

Cainesland wrote:
Corrian wrote:The only airports I've been to is the Sacramento Airport and SeaTac. Totally not coincidental that those are the only two places I've ever flown to (Yearly trips to family)

Sacramento Airport seems rather quiet. Been there when the main entrance is almost entirely empty. Well, maybe not main entrance, but wherever we enter can be oddly deserted.

The busiest one I've been to is Lester B Pearson in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). But I've also sprinted through Los Angeles airport .

You haven't seen Soekarno-Hatta International Airport during busy season, like holidays.

Kyraina wrote:
Ularn wrote:I would have thought so as well, but the airport webpage makes no mention of an attached hotel and just directed me to a bunch of nearby establishments.

...okay, so you want Sherry to be staying at the Crowne Plaza. It's furnishings look much less sturdy than the Radisson's; if Sherry managed to break a leg off that desk she could use it as a club. Unfortunately I don't think either have usable curtain rails; both look like they're attached to flimsy plastic runners recessed where they'd be trickier to rip out.

And yes; I did just offer hotel advice based on zombie apocalypse survivability. Now I'm going on Google Maps to find the quickest route to the airport from Downtown Seattle, assuming that the traffic's going to be...murder! 8)

Weird. All the international airports I've been to have had hotels attached to the terminal. Oh well.

Nice pun.

Yeah, I though SeaTac has a hotel because every airport have hotel in case passengers got stuck.

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Should have a hotel attached to the terminal considering its a international airport. Only reason I mentioned a spear tip out of a mirror shard is it can be used as a Bo staff after the shard has broken and spears are cheap easy weapons to make

I would have thought so as well, but the airport webpage makes no mention of an attached hotel and just directed me to a bunch of nearby establishments.

Ularn wrote:Curtain rod club? Mini-bar molotovs? I wouldn't suggest using mirror shards as a spear; they'd break too easily. Wardrobe doors might be ripped off and used as a shield.

Checking out hotels around SeaTac, it looks like the nearest large multi-storey ones (I'm imagining a big hotel from your post since Sherry could just escape out a window if she was less than two or three floors up) ones are the Radisson and the Crowne Plaza. I'll check out their websites for pictures of their rooms and see if I have any more ideas.

...okay, so you want Sherry to be staying at the Crowne Plaza. It's furnishings look much less sturdy than the Radisson's; if Sherry managed to break a leg off that desk she could use it as a club. Unfortunately I don't think either have usable curtain rails; both look like they're attached to flimsy plastic runners recessed where they'd be trickier to rip out.

And yes; I did just offer hotel advice based on zombie apocalypse survivability. Now I'm going on Google Maps to find the quickest route to the airport from Downtown Seattle, assuming that the traffic's going to be...murder! 8)

Well, if there is duct tape I can taped the glass shard to the wood.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 26, 2016 8:29 pm

So, how I see it right now, everyone can sort of do their own thing for now, probably mostly role playing with themselves for a bit (And slowly heading towards each other in some cases), until we get to the whole safe zone thing, and then we'll all be beginning to head to the same area as each other.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Awesome post, by the way, Ularn (Yes, I'm just getting to reading everything)
My Last.FM and RYM

Naturaiko
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Naturaiko » Thu May 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Terintania wrote:
Naturaiko wrote:Name: Natalie Steinbeck
Sex: Female
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Appearance: ([url=http://s33.postimg.org/5rw4bkavv/Female81.jpg]Image)[/url]
Personal Items: Cell phone
Weapons: None
Skills: Hand-to-hand combat, extensive firearm training (particularly skilled with rifles), mechanical repair skills, communication skills
Bio: Natalie grew up as an army brat, moving from base to base with her family. Having two brothers who went into the armed forces, she enlisted herself to carry on the family tradition. While serving, she became very skilled with rifles and enlisted in the training, as well as becoming a reliable communications officer. Despite her years of service, she was dishonorably discharged for having relations with another female soldier under the DADT policy which was still in effect. This result brought much animosity between Natalie and her father, who saw her orientations as, "an unacceptable way of life" and her discharge as, "a disgrace to the family name". After its removal, she considered rejoining, after she had a couple years to enjoy a civilian life. When she did, she had met Tanya, fell in love, and married, taking on Tanya's surname to further remove herself from her family.
She was about to be reassigned to New Jersey along with Tanya, which brought the added benefit of being close to Tanya's brother's family, who was in full support of the marriage and enjoyed Natalie as a member of the family. While on her honeymoon before her transfer, Natalie left one morning to go grab breakfast for her wife, taking the car with her to Starbucks.
The day was November 16th.

I imagine Natalie joining up with an emergency task force and joining up with them to combat the infection, considering her combat experience. She could be a person who gives information of the safety zone to the players if you guys choose to do so. Thoughts? Opinions?

Looks good.

As for the last part, she's going to be NPCish right? I have some plans for how plays find out about the safe zone, but perhaps, depending on how it all goes, she can be one that helps get the word out, since my idea may not reach everyone.

Yes, I plan on playing Tanya. Natalie is just more of an incentive for her actions. (As my old dungeon master would say, I've given you an emotional investment for you to exploit)

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri May 27, 2016 12:28 am

Body, why. My brain completely shut off for a post.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri May 27, 2016 1:56 am

Wow. No swearing or dick jokes this time :(

Don't worry folks; I'm sure I'll find a happy medium eventually!
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Fri May 27, 2016 2:11 am

Ularn wrote:Wow. No swearing or dick jokes this time :(

No Swearing from a Army Vet in a combatish situation? Damn that's rare. I was USAF Combat Controller and I'd be cussing up a Storm Right now
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri May 27, 2016 2:30 am

Kyraina wrote:
Ularn wrote:Wow. No swearing or dick jokes this time :(

No Swearing from a Army Vet in a combatish situation? Damn that's rare. I was USAF Combat Controller and I'd be cussing up a Storm Right now

Flak's not a soldier though, and he's not holding up too well either. Andy recognises that if he went fullblown R Lee Ermey around now then he'd probably just end up breaking him.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Fri May 27, 2016 2:37 am

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:

Flak's not a soldier though, and he's not holding up too well either. Andy recognises that if he went fullblown R Lee Ermey around now then he'd probably just end up breaking him.

I figured that lol. But no cussing at all is different. I like it. It'll be interesting to see if Joseph, Andy, and the other Soldier/Vet Character get along. Feel free to ask if you have a question on how a Vet might come at a problem or react to a given situation
Last edited by Kyraina on Fri May 27, 2016 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 am

Just so everyone knows, I'm off on holiday for five days starting in about twelve hours, I'll probably still be following the RP but I doubt I'll be posting in the IC until I get back, so don't expect much from me until at least Thursday Aussie time.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri May 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Ularn wrote:Just so everyone knows, I'm off on holiday for five days starting in about twelve hours, I'll probably still be following the RP but I doubt I'll be posting in the IC until I get back, so don't expect much from me until at least Thursday Aussie time.

I have a friend coming to visit on Monday for a while for his last visit before moving to Europe, so I'll be absent soon as well.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri May 27, 2016 5:41 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by Corrian on Fri May 27, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Quensatango
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Quensatango » Fri May 27, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm interested in this, I guess I’ll see how this goes…
Character Application
Name: Eli Zaburoni
Appearance:
Personal Items:
~White Cane/ Blind Cane Of appropriate size
~ School Backpack
~ Blanket
~ Small water bottle
~ school supplies
Weapons: None… well unless you count his cane but then, it’s not really meant for that kind of usage

Bio:Eli is a nine year old elementary student, and the youngest son of Jordan and Sarah Zaburoni. With a father as an Anesthesiologist and a Mother in Law Enforcement Eli has enjoyed a rather comfortable and well to do life with little to worry about. However Eli is special in the sense that he was born blind and thus has never been able to see the world he lives in. Despite this Eli still holds an optimistic and naïve view on life, due to his lack of being able to see he has instead taken a keen and perhaps addictive pleasure in music, and believes himself able to “hear” the world, although this has yet to be proven. Being a young lad Eli although generally optimistic, is also unable to cope with chaos and danger and will usually want to be near or hide behind his older brother or Caretaker, Miranda.

Character Application
Name: Miranda Descoteaux
Appearance:
Personal Items:
~Cell phone
~Pack of Cigarettes & Lighter
~45$ in bill form
~Makeup
~ Compact Mirror
~Hand Sanitizer
~Sunglasses
~Band-Aids
~Perfume
~Lotion
~Hair Clips
~Advil
~And assortment of Snacks and candy
~All of which somehow fits in her amazing Purse

Weapons: None.

Bio: Miranda Descoteaux was born in Haiti and along with the rest of her family, fled to the United states in 1986 in hopes to start a new life and escape the troubles that plagued their homeland. Arriving in Florida via a harrowing journey by raft Miranda’s family started a new life in Miami. Miranda certainly did not enjoy an easy or comfortable childhood but she made ends meet and found joy in simple things one of these being food, something that would follow her through her life. When she graduated from high school, Miranda did not further pursue an education in a university. Instead she entered the workforce taking on many low income jobs and pursued her dream of traveling throughout the country. Throughout her travels she had pleasant experiences but also unsavory and disturbing ones. This has led her to become an addicted smoker and also grow “two personalities” as some have described it. Nonetheless she managed, now she is employed by Mr. Zaburoni as a housekeeper and caregiver for his youngest son. Having taken a large amount of responsibilities along with having plenty of distressing experiences in her life, Miranda will be somewhat capable of dealing with the chaos to come and will mostly be concerned with keeping the boys safe.

Character Application
Quick note, I have absolutely no Idea about this Character and I’m still debating (if it is allowed of course) if I should go through with him.

Name: Cody Zaburoni
Appearance:
Personal Items:
~A bunch of useless junk (for the current situation at least) I can't think to type out right now

Bio: Cody is not like other kids his age, sure he dicks around with friends when he gets the chance and sure he likes to complain about anything and everything that’s “too hard” but he doesn’t really know how to be sociable with others. In fact he can be socially awkward and isn’t much of a talker. Instead he will usually mumble things or give short and vague answers. This has left him as a loner in school, and to an extent, society in general with the exception of a small group of friends. Granted he’s not really a “bad” kid nor a “hardcore” rebel, if someone of authority tells him to do it he will. Having a mom in Law Enforcement and testing her patience more than once with unpleasant results can do that. Cody is however very protective of his younger brother and can get excessively angry over the slightest bad remark about Eli. This has led him to spend more time with his younger brother than kids his own age which depending on how one looks at it can be a good or bad thing. Being indecisive and not accustomed to responsibility Cody will have a hard time adjusting to this new dangerous world.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri May 27, 2016 7:06 pm

Quensatango wrote:I'm interested in this, I guess I’ll see how this goes…
Character Application
Name: Eli Zaburoni
Appearance:
(Image)
Personal Items:
~White Cane/ Blind Cane Of appropriate size
~ School Backpack
~ Blanket
~ Small water bottle
~ school supplies
Weapons: None… well unless you count his cane but then, it’s not really meant for that kind of usage

Bio:Eli is a nine year old elementary student, and the youngest son of Jordan and Sarah Zaburoni. With a father as an Anesthesiologist and a Mother in Law Enforcement Eli has enjoyed a rather comfortable and well to do life with little to worry about. However Eli is special in the sense that he was born blind and thus has never been able to see the world he lives in. Despite this Eli still holds an optimistic and naïve view on life, due to his lack of being able to see he has instead taken a keen and perhaps addictive pleasure in music, and believes himself able to “hear” the world, although this has yet to be proven. Being a young lad Eli although generally optimistic, is also unable to cope with chaos and danger and will usually want to be near or hide behind his older brother or Caretaker, Miranda.

Character Application
Name: Miranda Descoteaux
Appearance:
(Image)
Personal Items:
~Cell phone
~Pack of Cigarettes & Lighter
~45$ in bill form
~Makeup
~ Compact Mirror
~Hand Sanitizer
~Sunglasses
~Band-Aids
~Perfume
~Lotion
~Hair Clips
~Advil
~And assortment of Snacks and candy
~All of which somehow fits in her amazing Purse

Weapons: None.

Bio: Miranda Descoteaux was born in Haiti and along with the rest of her family, fled to the United states in 1986 in hopes to start a new life and escape the troubles that plagued their homeland. Arriving in Florida via a harrowing journey by raft Miranda’s family started a new life in Miami. Miranda certainly did not enjoy an easy or comfortable childhood but she made ends meet and found joy in simple things one of these being food, something that would follow her through her life. When she graduated from high school, Miranda did not further pursue an education in a university. Instead she entered the workforce taking on many low income jobs and pursued her dream of traveling throughout the country. Throughout her travels she had pleasant experiences but also unsavory and disturbing ones. This has led her to become an addicted smoker and also grow “two personalities” as some have described it. Nonetheless she managed, now she is employed by Mr. Zaburoni as a housekeeper and caregiver for his youngest son. Having taken a large amount of responsibilities along with having plenty of distressing experiences in her life, Miranda will be somewhat capable of dealing with the chaos to come and will mostly be concerned with keeping the boys safe.

Character Application
Quick note, I have absolutely no Idea about this Character and I’m still debating (if it is allowed of course) if I should go through with him.

Name: Cody Zaburoni
Appearance:
(Image)
Personal Items:
~A bunch of useless junk (for the current situation at least) I can't think to type out right now

Bio: Cody is not like other kids his age, sure he dicks around with friends when he gets the chance and sure he likes to complain about anything and everything that’s “too hard” but he doesn’t really know how to be sociable with others. In fact he can be socially awkward and isn’t much of a talker. Instead he will usually mumble things or give short and vague answers. This has left him as a loner in school, and to an extent, society in general with the exception of a small group of friends. Granted he’s not really a “bad” kid nor a “hardcore” rebel, if someone of authority tells him to do it he will. Having a mom in Law Enforcement and testing her patience more than once with unpleasant results can do that. Cody is however very protective of his younger brother and can get excessively angry over the slightest bad remark about Eli. This has led him to spend more time with his younger brother than kids his own age which depending on how one looks at it can be a good or bad thing. Being indecisive and not accustomed to responsibility Cody will have a hard time adjusting to this new dangerous world.

They all look good. Accepted.
Times are looking grim these days~

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat May 28, 2016 8:56 am

Character Application
Name: Jason Clique
Appearance:Image
Personal Items: Food, flashlight, batteries, cellphone, large backpack, 3 water bottles, sleeping bag, a map, headphones, $25, sunglasses, a laptop, gloves, portable charger and a hat
Weapons: carving knife and a metal bat
Bio: Jason was born in Columbus, Ohio and lived there until he turned 10. His father got a job working as a cop in a small town in Washington. Jason is a very logical person, he believes that there has to be something that causes something else to happen. While he grew up in a religious family, he never did see a point in religion. He didn't understand how a single person could make the whole world. When Jason turned 15, he started to work a local grocery store and he currently is still working there. Jason during high school played soccer and ran Track. But he also had a fascination with the martial arts and took martial arts lessons as well. Jason isn't really a person to get attached to people, he tended to be a loner in High School just keeping a select group of friend closes to him. But with this in mind, in the event of future, he will be extremely slow to trust people.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat May 28, 2016 12:42 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:Character Application
Name: Jason Clique
Appearance:(Image)
Personal Items: Food, flashlight, batteries, cellphone, large backpack, 3 water bottles, sleeping bag, a map, headphones, $25, sunglasses, a laptop, gloves, portable charger and a hat
Weapons: carving knife and a metal bat
Bio: Jason was born in Columbus, Ohio and lived there until he turned 10. His father got a job working as a cop in a small town in Washington. Jason is a very logical person, he believes that there has to be something that causes something else to happen. While he grew up in a religious family, he never did see a point in religion. He didn't understand how a single person could make the whole world. When Jason turned 15, he started to work a local grocery store and he currently is still working there. Jason during high school played soccer and ran Track. But he also had a fascination with the martial arts and took martial arts lessons as well. Jason isn't really a person to get attached to people, he tended to be a loner in High School just keeping a select group of friend closes to him. But with this in mind, in the event of future, he will be extremely slow to trust people.

Accepted

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat May 28, 2016 2:18 pm

This sounds like a bad question to be asking, but is there a way to kill the car alarm or do you have to wait for it to go off on its own? (Assuming it isn't one of those that apparently never shuts off)
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat May 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Corrian wrote:This sounds like a bad question to be asking, but is there a way to kill the car alarm or do you have to wait for it to go off on its own? (Assuming it isn't one of those that apparently never shuts off)

Have to get the car started up with a key. The problem you will run into is that new cars can't be hotwired, and if they can, then you have to crawl under the car, find the gear box, and shift it that way. Other then the key, the car alarm won't go off till battery dies.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat May 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Corrian wrote:This sounds like a bad question to be asking, but is there a way to kill the car alarm or do you have to wait for it to go off on its own? (Assuming it isn't one of those that apparently never shuts off)

Have to get the car started up with a key. The problem you will run into is that new cars can't be hotwired, and if they can, then you have to crawl under the car, find the gear box, and shift it that way. Other then the key, the car alarm won't go off till battery dies.

:shock:

Well, there goes my plan :P

And I read about some car alarms going off until the battery dies and others going off for like 5 minutes.

It makes sense why new cars can't be hotwired, though.

TIME TO WORK ON A NEW IDEA.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat May 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Corrian wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Have to get the car started up with a key. The problem you will run into is that new cars can't be hotwired, and if they can, then you have to crawl under the car, find the gear box, and shift it that way. Other then the key, the car alarm won't go off till battery dies.

:shock:

Well, there goes my plan :P

And I read about some car alarms going off until the battery dies and others going off for like 5 minutes.

It makes sense why new cars can't be hotwired, though.

TIME TO WORK ON A NEW IDEA.

Run Towards Joseph lol

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat May 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Kyraina wrote:Run Towards Joseph lol

I'm pretty sure Effy is going to irritate Joseph so much.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat May 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Oh no, my new plan....

Yup, he's going to hate her.

Edit: WHY AM I LAUGHING?
Last edited by Corrian on Sat May 28, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat May 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Corrian wrote:Oh no, my new plan....

Yup, he's going to hate her.

Edit: WHY AM I LAUGHING?

You never know. He did deal with 17 to 19 year privates lol

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat May 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Where is everyone's characters?

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat May 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Terintania wrote:Where is everyone's characters?
Joseph and Effy are in Arlington
Last edited by Kyraina on Sat May 28, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse