NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 12:27 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Terintania wrote:The military part seems fine, I'm mostly confused by how normal everything was. Like, some of the politicians and whatnot people in the office would have turned, too, causing chaos from that.

I thought this was starting before the major outbreak? So one had to be bit, or get sick, and of one was sick they would've stayed home from work.

The emergency broadcast indicated the start of the major outbreak. Before that, there was no sign of it at all, other than llike, one or two reports of cannibals. And no one showed signs before it happened, it was just dormant for a while, then suddenly changed everyone it was lying dormant in
Times are looking grim these days~

Naturaiko
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Naturaiko » Mon May 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Name: Tanya Steinbeck
Sex: Female
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 142 lbs.
Appearance: Image
Personal Items: Cell phone, first aid kit, random medicinal herbs she has picked up
Weapons: Kitchen knife
Skills: Herbal medicine, first aid, extensive history knowledge, minimal experience with handguns
Bio: Tanya is a high school history teacher who recently got married to her long time girlfriend, Natalie. The two of them were enjoying their honeymoon in Port Townsend at the Discovery Gardens Cottage, enjoying the Victorian themed town and all it had to offer. Once their honeymoon was over, they had planned to leave for New Jersey to be closer to Tanya's family, who was more accepting of their relationship than Natalie's was. One morning, Tanya awoke to find that Natalie left to go grab some breakfast to bring back to the house. Preparing for her day, Tanya got herself ready and watched the morning news.
It was November 16th that day.

Would you guys like me to create an app for Natalie for you to use? I'd be fine with her being an NPC to be controlled.
Last edited by Naturaiko on Thu May 26, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon May 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Terintania wrote:
Cainesland wrote:
I thought this was starting before the major outbreak? So one had to be bit, or get sick, and of one was sick they would've stayed home from work.

The emergency broadcast indicated the start of the major outbreak. Before that, there was no sign of it at all, other than llike, one or two reports of cannibals. And no one showed signs before it happened, it was just dormant for a while, then suddenly changed everyone it was lying dormant in

Ok. Is it possible that non of the people in the office were infected? I'm guessing either way I should edit it to have a bit more heightened awareness than just a regular day at the office.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 12:44 pm

Naturaiko wrote:Name: Tanya Steinbeck
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 142 lbs.
Appearance: ([url=http://s33.postimg.org/btfbqfkln/Female38.jpg]Image)[/url]
Personal Items: Cell phone, first aid kit, random medicinal herbs she has picked up
Weapons: Kitchen knife
Skills: Herbal medicine, first aid, extensive history knowledge, minimal experience with handguns
Bio: Tanya is a high school history teacher who recently got married to her long time girlfriend, Natalie. The two of them were enjoying their honeymoon in Port Townsend at the Discovery Gardens Cottage, enjoying the Victorian themed town and all it had to offer. Once their honeymoon was over, they had planned to leave for New Jersey to be closer to Natalie's family, who was more accepting of their relationship than Tanya's family. One morning, Tanya awoke to find that Natalie left to go grab some breakfast to bring back to the house. Preparing for her day, Tanya got herself ready and watched the morning news.
It was November 16th that day.

Would you guys like me to create an app for Natalie for you to use? I'd be fine with her being an NPC to be controlled.

Accepted.

You can make an app if you want, and she can be a NPCish person if you don't really want to control her.

Cainesland wrote:
Terintania wrote:The emergency broadcast indicated the start of the major outbreak. Before that, there was no sign of it at all, other than llike, one or two reports of cannibals. And no one showed signs before it happened, it was just dormant for a while, then suddenly changed everyone it was lying dormant in

Ok. Is it possible that non of the people in the office were infected? I'm guessing either way I should edit it to have a bit more heightened awareness than just a regular day at the office.

How many people at the office? It seems very unlikely that no one would have it

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 pm

There might be 10-12 people at the board meeting. Maybe 2-3 staff per board member, and 5-10 support staff like tech support and janitors and whatnot, depending on if it was probably to be at city hall or an alderman a office. So I'm guessing it'd be more likely at city hall, over my initial assumption of an alderman office, so I'm presuming around 25 people were in the office, of which around 12 would be priorities to be removed by the army, the board members. Should I assume 1-2 staff members were infected? Or more?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Cainesland wrote:There might be 10-12 people at the board meeting. Maybe 2-3 staff per board member, and 5-10 support staff like tech support and janitors and whatnot, depending on if it was probably to be at city hall or an alderman a office. So I'm guessing it'd be more likely at city hall, over my initial assumption of an alderman office, so I'm presuming around 25 people were in the office, of which around 12 would be priorities to be removed by the army, the board members. Should I assume 1-2 staff members were infected? Or more?

Since it was probably a pretty wide-spread infection, or else it wouldn't really be much of a threat, more might make sense. I'm not sure. Corrian would probably be better at judging that than me

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon May 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Terintania wrote:Since it was probably a pretty wide-spread infection, or else it wouldn't really be much of a threat, more might make sense. I'm not sure. Corrian would probably be better at judging that than me

Yeah, I think more might make sense, though it doesn't need to be a ton. 4-6 maybe? I'm sure with everyone's surprise, a small amount is enough to throw everyone and everything into chaos until people get "used to it", though by then there would be even more people infected because they got bit and whatnot, and maybe became non-dormant in more people as time goes by as well.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Mon May 23, 2016 1:48 pm

The only thing I have a problem with as far as the military is concerned is that the actual military is probably still scrambling and dealing with the infection on the bases. Same with the National Guard and Reserves. They'd be in such chaos its be hard for them to do anything. The National Guard doesn't take long to activate but it would in a situation like this. Same with Active Duty and Reserves. I should know I was in. Plus the troops wouldst just pile knot s random civilian vechile with out doing a inspection of it. Especially in a situation like this
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Kyraina wrote:The only thing I have a problem with as far as the military is concerned is that the actual military is probably still scrambling and dealing with the infection on the bases. Same with the National Guard and Reserves. They'd be in such chaos its be hard for them to do anything. The National Guard doesn't take long to activate but it would in a situation like this. Same with Active Duty and Reserves. I should know I was in. Plus the troops wouldst just pile knot s random civilian vechile with out doing a inspection of it. Especially in a situation like this

Yeah. The scrambling was why there's no safe zone yet, because it's not like they planned for this :P

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kyraina wrote:The only thing I have a problem with as far as the military is concerned is that the actual military is probably still scrambling and dealing with the infection on the bases. Same with the National Guard and Reserves. They'd be in such chaos its be hard for them to do anything. The National Guard doesn't take long to activate but it would in a situation like this. Same with Active Duty and Reserves. I should know I was in. Plus the troops wouldst just pile knot s random civilian vechile with out doing a inspection of it. Especially in a situation like this

Yeah. The scrambling was why there's no safe zone yet, because it's not like they planned for this :P

Im just putting my two sense in. But all components of the Military would be going through a recall trying to see who is alive and who isn't plus figure out wjats going on, plus get organized and the bases under control before trying to implement marital law. Besides with only roughly 3 million members stretched world wide they would be pretty close to being over ran state side. Roughly 1/2 of military personal are continuously trained for combat. Plus minus the Military Police and National Guard we have no training on how to deal with riots

That's just my two sense with something to think about
Last edited by Kyraina on Mon May 23, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Terintania wrote:Yeah. The scrambling was why there's no safe zone yet, because it's not like they planned for this :P

Im just putting my two sense in. But all components of the Military would be going through a recall trying to see who is alive and who isn't plus figure out wjats going on, plus get organized and the bases under control before trying to implement marital law. Besides with only roughly 3 million members stretched world wide they would be pretty close to being over ran state side. Roughly 1/2 of military personal are continuously trained for combat. Plus minus the Military Police and National Guard we have no training on how to deal with riots

We probably won't go totally 100% accurate for real military, due to this being slight alternate reality, and due to stuff that I won't mention. Also, 100% accuracy on ever aspect of everything is kind of a pain in the butt :P Would like to keep some realism, but doesn't have to be perfect.

Also, I apologize if I don't post a ton. I actually have responsibilities now, which take up some of my time :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon May 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Terintania wrote:Also, I apologize if I don't post a ton. I actually have responsibilities now, which take up some of my time :P

Very suddenly, too :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon May 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Im just putting my two sense in. But all components of the Military would be going through a recall trying to see who is alive and who isn't plus figure out wjats going on, plus get organized and the bases under control before trying to implement marital law. Besides with only roughly 3 million members stretched world wide they would be pretty close to being over ran state side. Roughly 1/2 of military personal are continuously trained for combat. Plus minus the Military Police and National Guard we have no training on how to deal with riots

We probably won't go totally 100% accurate for real military, due to this being slight alternate reality, and due to stuff that I won't mention. Also, 100% accuracy on ever aspect of everything is kind of a pain in the butt :P Would like to keep some realism, but doesn't have to be perfect.

Also, I apologize if I don't post a ton. I actually have responsibilities now, which take up some of my time :P

Like I said I was just putting my two sense in as stuff to consider is all

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon May 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Yay, maybe I can finally use this character in an RP that doesn't instantly die!
Name: Flynn "Flak" Lachlan
Appearance:
Flak stands just about exactly six feet tall, with copper hair shaved short on the back and sides but left to grow long on the top and fringe which, unless tied back, curls down over his forehead in a side parting over a pierced right eyebrow and hazel eyes. He has another piercing in the tragus of his right ear, and one more in his right nipple. His face is narrow and angular and he also sports a short-trimmed goatee and moustache. Flak's normally pale skin has been faintly tanned and heavily freckled by working outdoors and his slim frame is athletic and toned from labouring without being overtly muscular. He likes geometric tattoos and has a seirpinski triangle on his left shoulder, connected by a flowing web of lines to a stylised map of the solar system running up his spine and a branching fractal tree pattern on his left calf, all in black ink.
Flak wears pretty ordinary construction worker's gear; brown steel-toecapped workboots, khaki cargo trousers with padded knees, workgloves and a flourescent yellow polo shirt beneath a grey hoody and yellow fluro windbreaker with reflective strips. To keep his long fringe out of his eyes he often stuffs his hair under a blue bandana or a dusty black bump cap or ties it up in a topknot. Most of his tools/weapons are carried in a black leather toolbelt around his waist while others stay in a fluorescent orange backpack which he still keeps his hard hat attached to, just in case. Using some discarded PVC pipe, Flak has also crafted himself a kind of armour for his left arm which more or less protects it from bites.
Personal Items: Flak's toolbelt and rucksack hold pretty much a complete set of the usual hand tools for a carpenter, including a 28oz Estwing framing hammer - longer and heavier than the hammers used by most tradesmen, giving him greater reach and swinging power. He also keeps a half-face respirator, safety specs and ear protectors in his backpack, along with a 1l plastic water bottle and at the time of the outbreak still had a half-full lunchbox. He also has a smartphone, wallet and set of keys in his pocket.
  • Hard Hat (white, with attached headlamp and ear defenders and a St Andrew's Cross and Flak's name drawn on in blue marker)
  • Bump Cap (black with grey trim)
  • Bandana (royal blue)
  • Ear Defenders (fluorescent green)
  • Safety Sunglasses (yellow tint)
  • Safety Glasses
  • Half-Face Respirator (green)
  • Buff (black)
  • Backpack (orange)
  • Windbreaker (fluorescent yellow with reflective strips)
  • Hooded Top (charcoal)
  • Polo Shirt (fluorescent yellow)
  • Vest (fluorescent yellow)
  • Tool Belt (black)
  • Work Trousers (khaki)
  • Thermal Longjohns (black)
  • Boxer Shorts (fluorescent yellow)
  • Socks (black)
  • Safety Boots (brown)
  • 28oz Framing Hammer (Estwing)
  • 24oz Claw Hammer (Stanley)
  • 3lb Club Hammer (Hart)
  • Jab Saw (Irwin)
  • Wood Chisel (Stanley)
  • Masonry Chisel (Hart)
  • Stanley Knife (Stanley)
  • Linesman's Pliers (Fuller)
  • Pincers (Irwin)
  • Aeroplane Snips (Wiss)
  • 300mm Dog Bar (Estwing)
  • 12" Adjustable Spanner (Fuller)
  • 8" Adjustable Spanner (Fuller)
  • 6x Screwdrivers (Fuller)
  • Allan Keys (Fuller)
  • Rasp (Fuller)
  • Nail Punch (Unknown)
  • Paint Scraper (Unknown)
  • 8m Measuring Tape (Stanley)
  • 400mm Set Square (Empire)
  • 300mm Set Square (Fuller)
  • Torpedo Level (DeWalt)
  • Folding Ruler (Fuller)
  • LED Torch (Energiser)
  • LED Head Torch (Energiser)
  • Various Pens, Markers and Builders Pencils

Weapons: Flak eschews firearms, reluctant to indulge in what he percieves as the unhealthy American obsession with guns and his aim with them would likely be terrible as a result. However, nearly all of his tools can be repurposed as melee weapons of some sort, particularly his hammers, screwdrivers and jab saw, and he has the muscle-power to use them as such.
Bio: Flynn Lachlan was born in London but his parents took him back to Scotland just a few months after he was born, where he grew up and went to school and eventually university. It was around high school that he started abbreviating his first and surname into "Flak". A straight-A student throughout most of his educational career, he went on to study law at Edinburgh University, only to decide after graduating that being trapped in an office dealing with other people's problems was not how he wanted to spend his life, and went travelling.
After more than three years of backpacking since graduation, taking him across Asia, Oceania and finally to the USA, Flak had been working construction in Seattle, partying and sometimes even saving up cash for the next leg of his trip. Intelligent as well as fully embracing of the backpacker life, Flak was always willing to try new experiences and learn new skills, which he did quickly, hence how the former law graduate found himself working as a hamerhand on a new office building immediately prior to the outbreak.
Although little better prepared for the end of the world compared to anyone else, Flak was lucky enough to be at work on November 16 and quickly learned just how effective construction tools are as weapons once you cease actively striving to avoid hurting other people with them.
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Ularn wrote:Yay, maybe I can finally use this character in an RP that doesn't instantly die!
Appearance: Flak stands just about exactly six feet tall, with copper hair shaved short on the back and sides but left to grow long on the top and fringe, which curls down over his forehead in a side parting over a pierced right eyebrow and hazel eyes. He has another piercing in the tragus of his right ear. His face is narrow and angular and he also sports a short-trimmed goatee and moustache. Flak's normally pale skin has been faintly tanned and heavily freckled by working outdoors and his slim frame is athletic and toned from labouring without being overtly muscular. He has a seirpinski triangle tattooed on his left shoulder and a map of the solar system running up his spine.
Flak wears pretty ordinary construction worker's gear; brown steel-toecapped workboots, khaki cargo trousers with padded knees, workgloves and a flourescent yellow polo shirt beneath a grey hoody and yellow fluro windbreaker with reflective strips. To keep his long fringe out of his eyes he often stuffs his hair under a blue bandana or a dusty black bump cap. Most of his tools/weapons are carried in a black leather toolbelt around his waist while others stay in a fluorescent orange backpack which he still keeps his hard hat attached to, just in case. Using some discarded PVC pipe, Flak has also crafted himself a kind of armour for his left arm which more or less protects it from bites.
Personal Items: Flak's toolbelt and rucksack hold pretty much a complete set of the usual hand tools for a carpenter, including a 28oz Estwing framing hammer - longer and heavier than the hammers used by most tradesmen, giving him greater reach and swinging power. He also keeps a half-face respirator, safety specs and ear protectors in his backpack.
Weapons: Flak eschews firearms, reluctant to indulge in what he percieves as the unhealthy American obsession with guns and his aim with them would likely be terrible as a result. However, nearly all of his tools can be repurposed as melee weapons of some sort, particularly his hammers, screwdrivers and jab saw, and he has the muscle-power to use them as such.
Bio: Flynn Lachlan was born in London but his parents took him back to Scotland just a few months after he was born, where he grew up and went to school and eventually university. It was around high school that he started abbreviating his first and surname into "Flak". A straight-A student throughout most of his educational career, he went on to study law at Edinburgh University, only to decide after graduating that being trapped in an office dealing with other people's problems was not how he wanted to spend his life, and went travelling.
After more than three years of backpacking since graduation, taking him across Asia, Oceania and finally to the USA, Flak had been working construction in Seattle, partying and sometimes even saving up cash for the next leg of his trip. Intelligent as well as fully embracing of the backpacker life, Flak was always willing to try new experiences and learn new skills, which he did quickly, hence how the former law graduate found himself working as a hamerhand on a new office building immediately prior to the outbreak.
Although little better prepared for the end of the world compared to anyone else, Flak quickly learned just how effective construction tools are as weapons once you cease actively striving to avoid hurting other people with them.

I assume that he won't start out with all of his specialized tools, and his armor, since the RP starts like, minutes in to the big spread of the infection.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon May 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Two old friends from the Superhero High days show up in my RP's about 2 weeks apart from each other. This is weird.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon May 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Terintania wrote:
Ularn wrote:Yay, maybe I can finally use this character in an RP that doesn't instantly die!
Appearance: Flak stands just about exactly six feet tall, with copper hair shaved short on the back and sides but left to grow long on the top and fringe, which curls down over his forehead in a side parting over a pierced right eyebrow and hazel eyes. He has another piercing in the tragus of his right ear. His face is narrow and angular and he also sports a short-trimmed goatee and moustache. Flak's normally pale skin has been faintly tanned and heavily freckled by working outdoors and his slim frame is athletic and toned from labouring without being overtly muscular. He has a seirpinski triangle tattooed on his left shoulder and a map of the solar system running up his spine.
Flak wears pretty ordinary construction worker's gear; brown steel-toecapped workboots, khaki cargo trousers with padded knees, workgloves and a flourescent yellow polo shirt beneath a grey hoody and yellow fluro windbreaker with reflective strips. To keep his long fringe out of his eyes he often stuffs his hair under a blue bandana or a dusty black bump cap. Most of his tools/weapons are carried in a black leather toolbelt around his waist while others stay in a fluorescent orange backpack which he still keeps his hard hat attached to, just in case. Using some discarded PVC pipe, Flak has also crafted himself a kind of armour for his left arm which more or less protects it from bites.
Personal Items: Flak's toolbelt and rucksack hold pretty much a complete set of the usual hand tools for a carpenter, including a 28oz Estwing framing hammer - longer and heavier than the hammers used by most tradesmen, giving him greater reach and swinging power. He also keeps a half-face respirator, safety specs and ear protectors in his backpack.
Although little better prepared for the end of the world compared to anyone else, Flak quickly learned just how effective construction tools are as weapons once you cease actively striving to avoid hurting other people with them.

I assume that he won't start out with all of his specialized tools, and his armor, since the RP starts like, minutes in to the big spread of the infection.

The tools he has; I'm going to have Flak at work when the outbreak hit and everything listed is part of his normal work gear but yeah, the PVC pipe armour is something he's going to make later and he's not going to be highly proficient at repurposing industrial tools for zombie murder right from the get-go.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 11:30 pm

Ularn wrote:
Terintania wrote:I assume that he won't start out with all of his specialized tools, and his armor, since the RP starts like, minutes in to the big spread of the infection.

The tools he has; I'm going to have Flak at work when the outbreak hit and everything listed is part of his normal work gear but yeah, the PVC pipe armour is something he's going to make later and he's not going to be highly proficient at repurposing industrial tools for zombie murder right from the get-go.

I may have read it wrong. Are his weapons modified at all, or just normal tools?
Last edited by Terintania on Mon May 23, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Terintania wrote:
Ularn wrote:The tools he has; I'm going to have Flak at work when the outbreak hit and everything listed is part of his normal work gear but yeah, the PVC pipe armour is something he's going to make later and he's not going to be highly proficient at repurposing industrial tools for zombie murder right from the get-go.

I may have read it wrong. Are his weapons modified at all, or just normal tools?

Just normal tools. Basically everything on a construction site is a potential weapon without any modification and tradesmen probably spend about 50% of any given day just making sure they don't accidentally kill someone with whatever they're doing. So when I say Flak's "repurposed" his tools, all I mean is he's started seeing destructive bloody mayhem as being their main purpose, rather than a worrying side-effect to be avoided :lol:
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 23, 2016 11:59 pm

Ularn wrote:
Terintania wrote:I may have read it wrong. Are his weapons modified at all, or just normal tools?

Just normal tools. Basically everything on a construction site is a potential weapon without any modification and tradesmen probably spend about 50% of any given day just making sure they don't accidentally kill someone with whatever they're doing. So when I say Flak's "repurposed" his tools, all I mean is he's started seeing destructive bloody mayhem as being their main purpose, rather than a worrying side-effect to be avoided :lol:

Ah. I did read it wrong. Anyway, accepted.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue May 24, 2016 12:05 am

Terintania wrote:
Ularn wrote:Just normal tools. Basically everything on a construction site is a potential weapon without any modification and tradesmen probably spend about 50% of any given day just making sure they don't accidentally kill someone with whatever they're doing. So when I say Flak's "repurposed" his tools, all I mean is he's started seeing destructive bloody mayhem as being their main purpose, rather than a worrying side-effect to be avoided :lol:

Ah. I did read it wrong. Anyway, accepted.

Cool! Working on my intro post.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue May 24, 2016 12:52 pm

I edited the post so that more chaos was involved, and the military were not.

Naturaiko
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Naturaiko » Tue May 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Name: Natalie Steinbeck
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Appearance: Image
Personal Items: Cell phone
Weapons: None
Skills: Hand-to-hand combat, extensive firearm training (particularly skilled with rifles), mechanical repair skills, communication skills
Bio: Natalie grew up as an army brat, moving from base to base with her family. Having two brothers who went into the armed forces, she enlisted herself to carry on the family tradition. While serving, she became very skilled with rifles and enlisted in the training, as well as becoming a reliable communications officer. Despite her years of service, she was dishonorably discharged for having relations with another female soldier under the DADT policy which was still in effect. This result brought much animosity between Natalie and her father, who saw her orientations as, "an unacceptable way of life" and her discharge as, "a disgrace to the family name". After its removal, she considered rejoining, after she had a couple years to enjoy a civilian life. When she did, she had met Tanya, fell in love, and married, taking on Tanya's surname to further remove herself from her family.
She was about to be reassigned to New Jersey along with Tanya, which brought the added benefit of being close to Tanya's brother's family, who was in full support of the marriage and enjoyed Natalie as a member of the family. While on her honeymoon before her transfer, Natalie left one morning to go grab breakfast for her wife, taking the car with her to Starbucks.
The day was November 16th.

I imagine Natalie joining up with an emergency task force and joining up with them to combat the infection, considering her combat experience. She could be a person who gives information of the safety zone to the players if you guys choose to do so. Thoughts? Opinions?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue May 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Naturaiko wrote:Name: Natalie Steinbeck
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Appearance: ([url=http://s33.postimg.org/5rw4bkavv/Female81.jpg]Image)[/url]
Personal Items: Cell phone
Weapons: None
Skills: Hand-to-hand combat, extensive firearm training (particularly skilled with rifles), mechanical repair skills, communication skills
Bio: Natalie grew up as an army brat, moving from base to base with her family. Having two brothers who went into the armed forces, she enlisted herself to carry on the family tradition. While serving, she became very skilled with rifles and enlisted in the training, as well as becoming a reliable communications officer. Despite her years of service, she was dishonorably discharged for having relations with another female soldier under the DADT policy which was still in effect. This result brought much animosity between Natalie and her father, who saw her orientations as, "an unacceptable way of life" and her discharge as, "a disgrace to the family name". After its removal, she considered rejoining, after she had a couple years to enjoy a civilian life. When she did, she had met Tanya, fell in love, and married, taking on Tanya's surname to further remove herself from her family.
She was about to be reassigned to New Jersey along with Tanya, which brought the added benefit of being close to Tanya's brother's family, who was in full support of the marriage and enjoyed Natalie as a member of the family. While on her honeymoon before her transfer, Natalie left one morning to go grab breakfast for her wife, taking the car with her to Starbucks.
The day was November 16th.

I imagine Natalie joining up with an emergency task force and joining up with them to combat the infection, considering her combat experience. She could be a person who gives information of the safety zone to the players if you guys choose to do so. Thoughts? Opinions?

Looks good.

As for the last part, she's going to be NPCish right? I have some plans for how plays find out about the safe zone, but perhaps, depending on how it all goes, she can be one that helps get the word out, since my idea may not reach everyone.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue May 24, 2016 2:37 pm

Ah god, I've been rather tired the last few days. Gonna force myself to update things anyway.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse