NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: War of the Usurper (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Game of Thrones: War of the Usurper (IC)

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sun May 15, 2016 1:36 am

The Crownlands
Kings Landing, on the River Blackwater
The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros

Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and Heir to the Iron Throne of Westeros

OOC- viewtopic.php?f=31&t=377880

It was a long ride from Dorne.
Yet now, with Kings Landing in sight, Rhaegar Targaryen, son of King Aerys II of Westeros, could feel the journey coming to an end. He had ridden hard, so swift in fact that a portion of his retinue were still only at Tumblestone, working their way up the Rose Road. The Prince had dashed ahead, with his private guard of some ten Targaryen knights, their black armour gleaming in the summer sunlight. The haste was called for, Rhaegar believed, particularly in light of his father most recent actions. He had still been in Dorne, with Lyanna, when the raven arrived from the Spider, telling of the burning of Lord Stark and the strangulation of his son and heir, Brandon. The royal decree calling for the heads of both Eddard Stark and Robert Baratheon had not helped things, and the Vale, North and Stormlands were now in open revolt against the crown. As hard as it was, as much has Rhaegar loved Lyanna, he had a duty to his family, and his country, to protect it from the would be usurpers.

The Prince and his party continued down the road, receiving affectionate bows and awed stares from many in the peasantry. Rhaegar, even in his simple black riding clothes, looked every inch a king. His tunic was emblazoned with the arms of his house, the red three headed dragon of House Targaryen, and his fine red riding cloak fit across his horse regally. The Prince's silver hair fell to his shoulders, tumbling from the braid he had set while still at camp in the Reach earlier in the day. His strong jaw and purple eyes were evidently Targaryen in origin, and the sword that hung by his side glittered with gold and precious stones. He looked king. Yet, he was not. His father, the Mad King they called him, held that honour.

An honour that must be addressed, Rhaegar thought.

Breaking from his reverie as his party approached the Gate, the Prince noticed a small line of people standing outside the walls, with a block of golden soldiers glittering behind them.

My royal welcome

"Hail Prince Rhaegar," the first man in line called, bowing his bare head as the Prince approached. "Welcome home your grace, the city his made brighter by your presence."

"Lord Varys," Rhaegar replied, his tone steely and firm. He surveyed the remaining people in line. "Lord Chelsted, Lord Velaryon, Grand Maester. Thank you for the welcome."
Where is the Hand? Where is Merryweather?

Varys continued, before any of the other Lords might interrupt.
"Your grace, you must be very tired from the journey, it is a long way to Dorne. I presume you received my raven?"

"I did, otherwise i might no have hastened my return to the Capital."

"The events of recent months have lead to some, unfortunate circumstances." The eunuch was smirking, his self assured air and soft hangs wringing in front of his rounded belly. "I hoped you might be of help to us."

"Speak plainly my Lord, I have no time for riddles."

Grand Maester Pycelle spoke up, hunched back quivering under his own weight.
"What Varys is... trying... to say, is that... we had hoped..."

"We hoped that your return to the Capital might reinforce royal authority and support for the crown," Lucerys Velaryon sighed, waving away Pycelle's dithering. As a loyal bannerman of Dragonstone, Lord Velaryon paid homage to the Prince directly, a privilege that made him one of the few in the capital Rhaegar trusted. "The King's execution of Lord Rickard Stark and his heir have created a firestorm... poor choice of words... one that the small council cannot extinguish. Lord Arryn has called his banners, and even now the Lords of the North and Stormlands are preparing for war."

Rhaegar pursed his lips. His father had gone too far this time, and none of his sycophants had the spine to tell him so, for fear of the royal wrath, the the wildfire that came with it.

"My Lords," Rhaegar said, spurring his horse towards the gate. "I will deal with this matter personally."

The Prince had known what he had to do before he had left Dorne. His father was a nightmare, and he could ignore it no longer. He had ten loyal knights with him, Lord Velaryon's retinue contained about twenty or so men at arms, and the guards of House Brakken maintained a barracks near the Red Keep. With enough men, the coup might even be bloodless. The Kingsguard was weakened ,with the Lord Commander and two of his sworn brothers still with Lyanna far to the south, the remaining four could be distracted, while the Gold Cloaks were hardly loyal to anyone. If he was going to strike, now was the time.

The Prince continued along the streets of the capital, drawing interest from the common folk who worked all day on the rotten sidewalks, from fish mongers to weavers and carpenters. Before long, the Red Keep was looming in the distance, the red brick and iron battlements looking as imposing as the Conqueror himself.

"Open the Gate!" A call went forth from the Keep, "Open the Gate for the Prince of Dragonstone!"

The great wooden doors that barred the interior courtyard of the castle swung slowly open with a groan, framing Prince Rhaegar and his party as the trotted across the cobbled ramp, and into the dragons den.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sun May 15, 2016 2:46 am

The North
Ironwood Castle, Throne Room

Rodrick Forrester and his Small Council were discussion the war situation his Master-at-Arms Jonah Frost had stood up and said "M'Lord I don't think it's a good idea to let our men decided whether or not they want to fit in this war. We currently have nearly triple his men. I know that you think it's a good idea to let our nearly 3200 men decided if they want to but what will you do if only 900 of them decided to fight alongside you?" Rodrick knew that Jonah would say something like that he stood up and walked towards him and said "Then me and my 900 men shall ride into battle with Honor but the thing is I have had 2000 men Pledge to fight alongside anybody else can just be left to their Defense Posts and Guard our lands while we move towards Ironrath and since the winter is coming to an end we shall expect more battles and I expect that we should have this done soon enough"

"I have an important message for the Lord" could faintly be heard from outside and when the door opened it was a Messenger from Winterfell with a Letter and as Rodrick opened it and read it you could see him fall into complete shock. He quickly looked up at the others and said "Those Dragon Fucker Killed Lord Stark and Brandon" the room instantly fell quiet and Rodrick said with haste " We have to end this war now, May the gods help us if this continues." The room was still quiet " Tell them men we shall march towards Ironrath. If we take the Route we could be there in under a Week. Send a Letter to the Starks. Tell them Lord Forrester of Ironwood sends his deepest apologizes and that I pledge to Fight alongside him when we go to kill those Damn Targaryen". He started to walk out of the room and headed for the Stables.

I.... I can't believe that the Mad King would do something so stupid as to kill the Lord of the North. he thought to himself as he reached the Stables

"My Lord, We should not just march our men straight towards Ironrath" Said Jonah who had caught up with Rodrick " That would not be a wise decision to make as it would make it so that we could be ambushed or worse. We could wait this out" Rodrick looked at Jonah and said " We can't wait The North shall Call Her banner men to fight the Dragons and Our Lands Shall give her all" He said as he got onto his horse "Get my Armor and Weapons and Fist we shall march to Deepwood Motte and that it then to Ironrath"

Rodrick and 10 of his fellow Northmen rode off to meet the Army heading towards Deepwood Motte to Siege it in the effort to end the war quicker and rally under the Starks
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun May 15, 2016 3:20 am

Jon Connington watched from the Red Keep's courtyard as his prince Rhaegar Targaryen rode forth. Rhaegar's soft silver hair tumbled down past his strong, square jaw; and his lilac eyes gleamed in the sunlight. Jon wished he smiled more. His smile was dazzling too but Rhaegar was more serious and melancholic than that. Though perhaps that was what made it special when he did smile.

But there were more pressing concerns than Rhaegar's smile. He had run off with Lyanna Stark and her betrothed was throwing a strop. Jon had laughed off the rebellion, until he was present at court when the Stark's were burned alive. He had doubted his allegiance at that moment, barely able to watch as son and father died screaming. If Rhaegar was there he would have stopped in. Jon told himself. When Rhaegar is king he'll not be as cruel. But then again... Why had he run off with Lyanna? Jon had often thought that Elia Martell wasn't fit to be queen, she was too weak and frail. But Rhaegar was smarter than this, smart enough to realise that running away with a lady would anger her family and betrothed surely? They had said Aerys' madness wasn't evident at first but... Rhaegar was one of the good Targaryen's wasn't he?

Jon did his best to push those thoughts from his mind and smiled at Rhaegar. "Are you here to see his grace?" Jon asked, being careful to always be polite when talking of the king. "He's called his banners and says I'm going to lead the army of the Crownlands." Jon said with a smirk. "I'm going to smash Robert Baratheon's armies, slay him in single combat and place his head before the king." he bragged, trying to impress Rhaegar. There were even rumours that Aerys was going to raise Jon to the king's hand. All this at only 21 years of age. Jon could only imagine what would be written about him in the history books.

The Undisputed Empire (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Undisputed Empire (Ancient) » Sun May 15, 2016 3:45 am

Highpoint, home of House Whitehill. The North Image

The newly appointed Lord Roy Whitehill pored over troubling reports from the south. In addition to having to juggle his recently gained home, the dogs of war were howling from King's Landing to Last Hearth. With Lord Rickon Stark and Brandon dead, war with the south was inevitable, and while his recently deceased brother Ludd might have saw fit to keep out of it, Roy would not shirt his duty to lord and land. Even if his staff, and what remained of his family disagreed, he pledged loyalty to the Starks the day he was banished from Highpoint, and he intended to honour that oath.

"How many men could we have equipped for battle within the hour, battlemaster?" asked Roy.

"Around 200, maybe even 300," replied the battlemaster. "You have a plan."

"Yes." said Roy. But he offered no more information. "Have the men ready to move out within the hour."

In truth, he spoke not of his plans to preclude the argument that was sure to follow, and only he knew of the raven that was dispatched requesting a meeting. Generations of the family, and surely his staff would object to what he would do next, but the status quo had changed the moment Roy cut off his brother's head. For he would seek out the staunchest rival his family had ever encountered. He would seek an alliance with the Forresters of Ironrath.

(so, this is sort of my first gig. How am I doing?)

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sun May 15, 2016 4:38 am

Marching towards Ironrath from Deepwood Motte

As Lord Adam Forrester and his Army Marched home to Ironrath he knew that him Moving a decent percentage of his men over to Ironrath would leave Deepwood Motte vulnerable but Recent reports from Wolfs Castle show Rodrick and his nearly 3000 men were marching towards Ironrath. His Master-at-Arms and His Brother Greggor Forrester rode up along side him " I don't think that moving so much of our men away from Deepwood is a good idea. Rodrick could split his army off and attack Deepwood while his other force attacks Ironrath or He could just attack Deepwood with all 3000 men he has." Adam looked back at him and said " We will be waiting for him at Ironrath and that is where he will be heading as the reports state that." Greggor look frustated and just rode back to his men.

After nearly a days ride the large force stopped and set up camp for the night. They were two days and a half ride away from Ironrath. With Adam leaving nearly 100 conscripts in Deepwood mostly untrained and poorly armored men.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sun May 15, 2016 5:33 am

The Last Hearth, seat of House Umber, the North

The Greatjon slammed his fist against the table and the messenger leaped back out of instinctive fear as the giant of a man stood up from his chair, his face red with anger

"WHAT!?! THE DAMNED MAD KING DID WHAT TO RICKARD AND BRANDON?!"

He swiped his table clean, knocking his platter of food to the floor

"CALL THE MEN TO ARMS, NED KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, LET IT BE KNOWN THAT WHEN THE STARKS CALL THEIR ARMS FOR WAR, THE UMBERS WILL BE THE FIRST TO ANSWER!"

With that he turned away and left the castle keep to take a walk in the chilling air to help calm him he said to himself as he walked
"Never has the Iron Throne spat upon the Norths honor more than on this day when they killed the Warden and his heir...the North Remembers, Targaryens, and I'll be sure you don't forget your mistake either..."
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Sun May 15, 2016 8:01 am

On the road from Bridgetown to King's Landing, just across a kill from the front gates...
A man on horseback was galloping to the city as fast as possible. Most of his body was obscured by a long black cloak, with a black studded coat of plates covering mail showing through the front of the cloak. On his head the man wore a steel Barbute which only revealed a goatee on his face. His hands were covered in steel gauntlets clutching the reins, with a greatsword in a scabbard strapped to the side of his horse.
The horseman finally rounded the turn, slowing to a trot as he approached the gate. The man looked up at the men guarding the gate, taking off his helmet to reveal a short head of Brown Hair. He opened his mouth, beginning to call over to the men.
"I am Ser Godrick Marthart, the Heir to House Marthart." He yelled. "I request entry to the city, and to the Red Keep. I come to assure the King of my Loyalty, and to request reinforcements to secure my fortress against my more... bellicose neighbors."

Meanwhile, at Redfort Keep in the Maester's Tower...
Lord Richard coughed, surrounded by his small council. The massive man turned to face the Castellain.
"Lucius, where is my son- where is Godrick?" The dying lord asked, coughing once more. The young noble sighed, looking down at his lord sadly.
"As I said just an hour ago, the Lords Paramount in the North are calling their Banners in open rebellion against the King, Godrick has set out to assure the King of our Loyalty, and to request reinforcements."
Richard coughed again, looking over to the corner of the room where the family sword 'Heartstriker' rested on a table.
"Maester, come here for a moment." Richard said, beckoning the healer closer. The man did as he was asked, bending over to listen to Richard.
"I know I am dying, Godrick will have to lead the house through the rebellion..." The Lord sighed as he removed his Ring from his finger, running his index finger along the grooves in the ring that made up the family seal.
"Marcus's followers will no-doubt attempt to free him from his imprisonment and press his claim to my lands while Godrick is gone, there can be no doubt that Godrick is my heir. You know what to do as soon as I am gone." Richard placed the ring on his night stand, grabbing a dagger and pressing it into the Man-At-Arms' hand. "Make sure Marcus never threatens my trueborn's claim again."
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Founded: Nov 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ort » Sun May 15, 2016 9:07 am

Highspring, seat of House Landrays, the Vale

"We're to march on Gulltown, Grafton's allied himself with the Mad King," Vardis' muscular form was outlined against the pale moonlight whilst his wife, Alayne, lay in their bed, concealing her nakedness with their bed covers. "If you must go, I won't try and stop you," he'd always been able to count on his wife's support, even if she didn't want him to leave. "I may not return," Alayne's voice didn't waver. "I understand," Vardis allowed an exasperated sigh to escape his lips, sometimes he'd prefer it if she'd disagree with him. "I won't be fighting disorganised mountain clansmen, we're at war," she didn't respond, although she might have understood that Vardis' death was a distinct possibility, she hadn't dwelt upon it.

Crossing their bedchamber to where she lay, Vardis sat beside his wife and held her tightly. Neither spoke for some time, before Alayne broke the silence. "No," Vardis was taken aback, he hadn't expected her to be so abrupt. "You have a responsibility to your liege, but your first responsibility is to this house," she paused momentarily before continuing. "If you die on the battlefield, who's left to assume lordship of House Landrays? You've no heir," this was something Vardis knew all too well, they hadn't been able to conceive a child, not that they hadn't tried.

Whether fault lay with him or Alayne, neither knew, but they'd accepted it, at least until it became an imminent problem; which it was now. "I'm aware of this, but what am I to do, not answer Lord Arryn's call-to-arms?" She'd anticipated his response. "Of course not, but what about your brother," Vardis' younger sibling hadn't been back to Highspring since he'd fled, taking their house's ancestral spear with him, almost two decades ago; although he'd apparently been in Dorne for these past several years.

"Dontos?! His loyalty doesn't lie with House Landrays, that's for sure," Vardis wouldn't trust his brother to run a brothel, let alone a noble house of the Vale. "If you're determined to go to war, then you'll need to consider what will happen if you're killed," she was right, although he'd rather not cede lordship of Highspring and House Landrays to his seemingly ungrateful brother. "I wouldn't even know where to find hi-," before Vardis could finish his sentence, there was a knock on their bedchamber's door. "Who's there?" Vardis' frustration at being interrupted was evident in his voice.

"Maester Armen, m'lord," after hurriedly donning a robe whilst Alayne went into their adjacent washroom, Vardis opened the door to reveal Armen; their elderly maester with a kind disposition. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything, m'lord, but I've urgent news," Vardis affected a smile to conceal his annoyance. "No, you aren't, it's always a pleasure to see you, Maester Armen, now what's this urgent news?" Vardis allowed Armen a moment to catch his breath, he'd had to ascend an enormous stone staircase to reach them. "It's your brother, Dontos, m'lord, he's returned."
Last edited by Ort on Mon May 16, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Sun May 15, 2016 10:25 am

Harrenhall, Seat of House Brakken

Richard Brakken stood in one of the great towers of Harrenhall. He was not at the top of the tower, for the previous occupants of the fortress had let it go to ruin. However, from his vantage point within the tower, he could see much of Harrenhall. He gazed out at his lands, mind lost in thought. The Starks had been dealt a great series of blows, to both their honor and their family line. Their Lord and his Heir were dead, on the orders of Aerys. Executed when they tried to approach with reason, as to secure the return of Lyanna Stark from the grasp of Rhaegar Targaryen. A foolish errand, one which culminated in their demise. Now, of course, the Starks would be out for blood, Targaryen blood to be specific. Robert Baratheon, the man too whom Lyanna had been promised, was out for blood as well. Rebellion flowed through the land. House Brakken, however, refused to entertain the idea of rebellion. After all, House Brakken was tied to the Targaryens in more ways than simply that of loyalty to the throne and crown. House Brakken was tied to House Targaryen through faith and religion. The Targaryens were the line of humanity chosen explicitly by the dragons, the gods themselves. The reasons at hand were no reason at all when it came to defying the will of dragons. House Baratheon and House Stark had aligned themselves against the will of the dragons, as had their vassals and allies. House Brakken however, would never forsaken the Targaryens. After all, the Faith of the Dragon was wavering in the winds of time. Abandoning the dragon's will now would shatter the faith, which could not be allowed. It was no secret that House Brakken was looked down upon for their maintaining belief in the Faith of the Dragon, but what other houses felt meant little. The Targaryens, the sacred vassals of the will of dragons, looked upon House Brakken
with favor. That was all that mattered, especially given the extinction of the last dragons. Until the dragons once again roamed the world, then the Targaryens were the only link that was left. House Brakken would stand by the Targaryens, no matter the costs. After all, the Grand Commander of the Knights of the Dragon was bound to serve the will of the dragons.

Meanwhile, within Kings Landing

Derrick Brakken, younger brother too Richard Brakken, approached the recently arrived Rhaegar Targaryen, along with nine other Knights of the Dragon. They and ten more of their kind had been sent too serve the Targaryens several months ago, being rotated out with 20 other knights who had been serving the Targaryens for a year. That is how it worked, 20 Knights of the Dragon were retained by the Targaryens at all times. These knights served in Kings Landing, or wherever the Targaryens elected to send them, for a year, before being replaced by 20 other knights. Derrick and his 19 knights had been in Kings Landing for only four months. King Aerys had elected to simply use them as additional palace guards. However, now with Rhaegar's return and the ever devolving situation, the younger Brakken sought further order from the prince. Derrick respectfully made his presence apparent to the Prince, then stood to the side, waiting to be addressed by Rhaegar.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Alotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Sun May 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Tywin Lannister, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands, Lord of Casterly Rock, and Warden of three West
Casterly Rock, Westerlands
Council Chambers

It was silent as Kevan read the raven's message from the East. The death of Rickard and Brandon Stark, the kidnapping of Lyanna of the same House. This was indeed troubling news...

"The Starks will soon call their banners if they haven't already. The Baratheons and Arryns will follow suit. Brother, we will soon have an all outime rebellion engulfing the Kingdoms." Spoke Kevan as he shook his head in disgust.

"I know. And the Lannisters shall remain silent. Aerys will soon call upon us for aid, but none shall come. We will wait..." said Tywin, staring at the Lannister sigil on the wall.

Jaime Lannister
Red Keep
Throne Hall

Jaime had watched Rickard and Brandon burn alive... He just stood there and watched...

He heard the news that Prince Rhaegar had returned, a sight for sore eyes. Rhaegar was the next in line for the Throne, and would be King if that Madman sitting next to him would topple over and die.
Alotopia is a Space Empire. So I will role play as such. The Empire of Alotopia contains 114 planets. Lord Avos Jarquen is the World Assembly observer, as he cannot vote on legislation. We are not a member of the WA.
Role-Play: I love Star Wars & Game of Thrones! So if you got a RP with those going on, hit me up. Also, winter has come and its gonna be a long one.
Pantorrum wrote:I truly do think you a great RPer and hope we RP together again sometime.

Pro: Ronald Reagan, Israel, Conservatism, Religious Freedom, States Rights, Small Government, Military, Donald Trump
Against: Abortion, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Big Government, No taxes on Churchs, Universal Healthcare, Partisanship, Congress

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 1:24 am

The Crownlands

Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and Heir to the Iron Throne of Westeros

The high walls of the Red Keep rose about the young Prince as his party circled the courtyard. He had grown up here, had trained here. He could still remember the hours he spent with the swordmasters, the riding instructors, the knights he desired to squire, all under the watch full eye of his father, the King. Those were the happy years of Rhaegar's life, before the Mad King earned his name. It is true, Aerys II was eccentric in his youth, filled with grandiose plans, and flippantly dealing with the true affairs of state. Without Tywin Lannister as the Kings Hand, Rhaegar hated the thought.

Several different parties approached the new Targaryen host, as the Prince dismounted. His black riding clothes were soiled with dirt and dust, while caked mud lined his fine leather riding boots. He pulled off his gloves, handing them to his retainer, and walked forward, hand on the hilt of his sword. The Prince was gracious, and even as the people lined to see him, an old friend caught his eye.

Jon Connington was marching through the crowd, forcing nobles and peasants aside as if they were kin. The two met in the middle of the court, and embraced, smiling at each other brightly.

"Are you here to see his grace?" Jon asked, "He's called his banners and says I'm going to lead the army of the Crownlands." Jon said with a smirk. "I'm going to smash Robert Baratheon's armies, slay him in single combat and place his head before the king."

Rhaegar's smile died the moment the King's name was mentioned, and his visage soon turned stormy as Connington continued. Rhaegar felt no ill will to Jon, they were indeed friends. Jon was a brave, capable commander, and a tough soldier, but he was no Robert Baratheon. The Lord Paramount of the Stormlands was a force of nature on the battlefield, a true master of the song of swords, and in truth, one of the greatest fighters that ever graced Westeros. Jon's intensity and boldness were admirable, but his recklessness and thirst for glory would be his downfall.

The Prince put a hand on Jon's shoulder as they began towards the Red Keep, whispering in his ear so others might not eavesdrop on their conversation.
"Cast aside any pretensions or promised my father made, he lost his authority, his very right to sit on the Iron Throne the day he killed the Stark's. I'm here now, and there will be changes, trust me."

The two men crossed the threshold into the Red Keep itself, and stopped, as more courtiers lined to meet the Prince.
"Jon," Rhaegar whispered finally, voice steely and firm. "I need you to gather your retinue, all the soldiers you have at your command, only the men you can truly trust, and bring them to the Red Keep. Find the Queen, and Viserys, and take them into Royal custody, bring them to the Great Sept of Baelor. We need to keep them away from my father."

The crowd of sycophants and courtiers washed aside the friends, as Rhaegar issued his command. Surrounded by the very men who just days prior had watched in silence at the burning of the Lord of Winterfell and his Heir, Rhaegar was pleased to have Connington on his side.

As Rhaegar once more made his way through the sea of perfume and finery, he came across another old friend. Derrick Brakken, of the mos honourable and loyal House Brakken of Harrenhal, was awaiting the Prince, standing with two of his famed dragon knights, abreast of the main corridor into the Red Keep.

"Derrick," Rhaegar said, shaking the mans hand,"good to see your back in the Capital."
The crowd was growing larger in the entry hall, all of the courtiers trying to even catch a glance of the Prince of Dragonstone. No doubt many of them would bring word of the Prince's arrival to the ears of the King.

"I have need of your knights, quickly, walk with me."
The two men ducked through a door, and into one of the many service passages the riddled the Red Keep.
"Derrick," Rhaegar began sombrely, "I need your best men, your most trusted men. My father is dead, the monster that sits upon the throne is no blood of mine. I need your knights to escort my wife, and Rhaenys and Aegon, to the Great Sept of Baelor, the Red Keep is too dangerous for them, too close to Him. But I need you, and whatever force you can spare to help secure the Castle. The court must leave, anyone loyal to the King is to be thrown into the Black Cells. Purge the place of any of my father's supporters and report back to me. We need this to be quick, efficient, and totally without mercy, but I dont want to spill a single drop of blood if possible, am I understood?"

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Mon May 16, 2016 7:00 am

Kings Landing, in the Red Keep

Derrick listened carefully to the instructions of Rhaegar Targaryen as they walked quickly through the service passage. Brakken had carefully ensured they were not followed, for he had assumed that Rhaegar had taken the passage with discretion being of upmost importance. Brakken was right in this assumption. What Rhaegar had ordered was tantamount to treason against the crown. Fortunately, Brakken's loyalties did not lie with the crown or any regal figure for that matter. "Prince Rhaegar, you have my word that no harm will befall your wife or daughters in the coming hours. My men will die if necessary to ensure this. Your will shall be seen too immediately. You have dragon's blood within your veins. You have our support." Those words were spoken as a man of faith. His next as a man of practicality. "I shall have 6 men take your family to the Sept, as 13 and myself clear the Keep. You'll need more men to clear it quickly, though we shall move as fast as possible. Tell me the names of those you trust to remain within the keep, so I may expel the rest."

After Rhaegar spoke in return and dismissed Brakken, Derrick turned and returned the way he came. To outsiders it would appear that Rhaegar and Brakken had only wished to move unhindered by the crowd. Suspicion should be minimal. Brakken called forth the 9 knights present and spoke in a hushed voice using an ancient tongue long forgotten by those outside of the Faith of the Dragon. "You six, retrieve Elia Martell and her children and take them to the Great Sept. No one aside from Rhaegar or myself is too relinquish them from your protection. If anyone tries, do what is necessary. The rest, come with me." Derrick Brakken left with the remaining 3, returning to the barracks, where the other 10 knights waited. "Knights of the Dragon, we are to remove the court from the Keep, and arrest any that fully support the madness that transpires on the throne. We must move quickly, lest our actions be compromised."

He shared the names of those that were permitted to remain, then set off to task. They moved in two groups of seven, as to quickly accomplish their task. Most left as soon as the heavily armored men known for ridiculous religious fanaticism approached them, with the command to do so not even being necessary, though it was still stated. There were those who objected. One fat lord in particular refused to exit under the authority of anything less than a Targaryen. His four guards however did not share his conviction, making haste to depart. Apparently, the scant coin they were paid didn't cover facing Knights. Once the guards left, the lord made a hasty, and shaky, retreat. The few that were loyal to Aerys were easily enough detained, and taken to the dungeon. As they cleared the last unwelcome face from the keep, four were sent to guard the dungeon and the remaining ten to seek out Rhaegar and support him in what could only be described as an ongoing coup.

The six knights that were sent to protect the Prince's wife and children quickly found them. "My lady, on order of Prince Rhaegar, you and your children are to come with us immediately." She followed quickly, recognizing the apparent urgency and having no reason to distrust the Knights, whose loyalty to her husband was unquestionable. They quickly made way to the sept, without incident. Upon arrival, four knights went in and cleared the holy structure of all within, aside from the priests who belonged. Upon clearing the sept, the lady and her children were brung within. Now all there was to do was wait.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon May 16, 2016 7:51 am

Shocks flew through Jon every time Rhaegar so much as laid a hand on him. He listened silently to Rhaegar's plan, obviously concerned although he tried to hide it. Jon had watched as the court had divided into two factions: one supporting Rhaegar and another the king and he was aware of the rumours about their falling outs but he had never thought it was this bad. Still though he was Rhaegar's man and the realm would improve if he was the king. Jon was sure of that.

"I'll do it your grace." Jon said quietly, hoping there were no kingsguard protecting the queen. "But if I may say something. If it comes down to it make me or one of your knights kill the king." he whispered. "You don't want to be branded a kinslayer." he advised, hoping that Rhaegar would still appoint him to hand of the king although it seemed unlikely. For the briefest of moments Jon considered double-crossing him for his own advancement but that thought made him sick. He would never betray his prince like that.

Jon returned to his living quarters and gathered up his household guard. All in all only around 20 men. He quickly entered the keep and found the queen's chambers, it was guarded by two guards, neither of which budged when Jon told them he was here on the orders of Rhaegar Jon sighed and drew his weapon, when his men did the same the guards backed down. He was rather surprised at that, Aerys should have probably made sure his guards were at least brave. There were no kingsguard and Jon was relieved by that but also slightly disappointed, he would have liked to have beaten a kingsguard and proved his worth.

Jon opened the door and told the queen who was luckily with Viserys, getting ready to meet Rhaegar. Jon informed them that on the prince's orders they were to go to the sept of Baelor and thankfully the queen complied. Had she deducted what was happening? Jon wondered. A Rhaegar loyalist evacuating them from the Red Keep and taking them somewhere safe? In any case Rhaella followed him up the hill to the sept of Baelor. If they'd resisted Jon couldn't imagine having to drag her up here, he'd likely be murdered by the swarms of commoners around the sept. Jon took them inside and waited awkwardly as septons scurried around giving him strange looks. some other knights had also brought Elia and her children up to the sept too. Jon waited anxiously, wondering what would happen next.

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon May 16, 2016 9:02 am

Ser Jaime Lannister
Red Keep
Halls

Jaime had left his post at the side of Aerys under the orders of the most senior Kingsguard in the Keep, and was going to check on Rhaella, the Queen. As he rounded the corner towards their room, he heard the all familiar sound of swords coming of out their holders. He stopped in his tracks.

Swords? Here? he thought as he peeked his head from behind the wall, see Jon Conningham speak the guards and saying he was ordered to take the Queen to the Sept of Baelor. What is going on? As the party of Knghts left with the Queen, he connected the dots...

He ran through the Keep, towards the Prince's room and Elia Martell. As he approached, the door was open with no one inside. At this moment, he knew... A shiver ran through his body, A coup? The Prince is going to seize power. What do I do?, he thought as jogged down the hall towards the Throne Room... He stopped at the Aviary, and quickly penned a letter to his father in the East.

"Coup. Tell Kevan to call the banners." He shoved the Maester out of the way before he could read the message, attached it to a Raven, and sent it out its way..

As he approached, he noticed the Targaryen guards at the door, he nodded as he proceeded inside. As he made his way towards the Iron Throne, it was quiet. The Mad King lookEdward as if he was taking a nap, with the remaining 3 Kingsguard standing beside him.

Jaime spoke in a hushed tone to the senior Kingsguard, "Rhaella is okay. She is excited to see her son return from Dorne." He had decided to not tell them...
Alotopia is a Space Empire. So I will role play as such. The Empire of Alotopia contains 114 planets. Lord Avos Jarquen is the World Assembly observer, as he cannot vote on legislation. We are not a member of the WA.
Role-Play: I love Star Wars & Game of Thrones! So if you got a RP with those going on, hit me up. Also, winter has come and its gonna be a long one.
Pantorrum wrote:I truly do think you a great RPer and hope we RP together again sometime.

Pro: Ronald Reagan, Israel, Conservatism, Religious Freedom, States Rights, Small Government, Military, Donald Trump
Against: Abortion, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Big Government, No taxes on Churchs, Universal Healthcare, Partisanship, Congress

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Mon May 16, 2016 1:28 pm

+
Last edited by Cuprum on Thu May 19, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 5:51 pm

The Crownlands

Rhaegar marched through the now empty Red Keep, foot falls echoing through the structure as his boots hit the wooden floors. How many of his ancestors had strode through these halls? Aegon I parading around the Aegonfort. Maegor slaughter the buildings designers to keep their work secret. Rhaenyra plotting with her council during the Dance. Daeron the Young Dragon, receiving word of his conquests in Dorne. Rhaegar felt the weight of the entire Targaryen line on his shoulders as he peeled off from his march, and pushed open the great oaken doors that lead to the Throne room. The skulls of all the Targaryen dragons stared as the Prince calmly strode into the room, hand on the bolt of his sword. Ashes still covered the centre of the room, and a suit of armour lay with them, attached to some foreign device, it's metal tendrils wrapped around the knights neck.

Brandon Stark

The Prince felt his rage begin to bubble, and with a moment of hesitation, his eyes flicked upwards at the ceiling. Another body hung there, charred and unrecognisable. But Rhaegar knew who it was.

The Lord of Winterfell died screaming, as his son strangled himself in a vain attempt to help. My father...

"It was all on your father's order, my Lord."

A silky smooth voice came from behind. Rhaegar could smell the perfume roll of the man, and imagined his iron gauntlet crushing his self assured face.

"Lord Varys," Rhaegar said firmly, turning to face the new arrival. "I ordered the Red Keep cleared."

The eunuch smirked, and walked around the charred body of Brandon Stark.

"The Stark's are an ancient, and noble house, my Lord. Brandon, and Rickard both served their family well. They died bravely."

Rhaegar scoffed.
"They died while you watched, " he thrust a finger at the Iron Throne, the great metallic monstrosity that sat itself atop the Royal dais in the far end of the hall. "You stood there, you, the small council, the Kingsguard, you all stood by and did nothing."

"Our other option being?"

"You could have said something Varys, stood up, done what was right."

Varys shook his head and folded his hands in front of his stomach.
"And then I would have joined the Starks on the pyre myself. No, my Lord, I'm not a hero, I am not a gallant knights come to save the day. What happened here could have been avoided, had a certain Stark remained with her betrothed."

The accusation stung Rhaegar, for be knew the eunuch was right. But his love for Lyanna, what they shared, together, was greater than anything else in the world. The Prince that was Promised was to be born of their line, and he could not let that oaf Baratheon take sweet Lyanna away.

"My actions are my own, Lord Varys, and I will deal with the consequences."

"Dear Prince, the consequences are already apparent. Half the Kingdom is up in arms against your family, the winds of war are whipping the land. You must be ready for them."

Rhaegar was about to reply, but the great groaning of the oaken doors interrupted him. Two Dragonstone knights, clothes in their black armour, entered the Hall, a battered and bleeding man held between them. The wounds were superficial but obvious nontheless.

"Owen Merryweather, my Lord, one night said, dropping the man to the floor. "He tried to resist arrest."

"Bring me the badge, and chain of the Hand." Rhaegar commanded, as be ascended the steps up the Royal dais.

"Is this the future," Varys said silkily, as he climbed up after the Prince. "You seize power overnight, with the only blood spilled being that if your father's. Tell me, my Prince, when you sit in that chair tomorrow, as your crowned King, will you think of your father and how you slit his throat? Will your be ashamed at your new title? Kinslayer, kingslayer, both? "

Rhaegar held the chain of the Hand on his palm, and observed it. His response was measured, the calm tone concealing the raging storm of the dragons wrath.
"You forget me, Lord Varys. I would never raise a hand against my father, my king. I am not seizing the throne." Rhaegar sat on the great iron chair, accepting the jagged edges of it as if born for it. He slowly lowered the Hands chain over his head and around his neck. "I am seizing power, for what is a throne without the authority and conviction to go with it. I am now my Father's Hand, and my word is the law. Go, your dismissed. And make sure someone cleans up this hall, and give the Starks a proper amount of respect. We will be returning them to the North before long. Where the belong."

Varys bowed, and swiftly withdrew. "My Lord Hand," he mumbled as he slinked out of the hall.

Rhaegar sighed and stood from the throne, shaking his platinum hair from its braid. The shoulder length mop fell haphazardly across his neck, and his purple eyes pierced the dark of the throne room. If he wanted to win this was, Aerys would have to be as far away from Royal power and planning as possible.

Lucerys Velaryon entered the room, his own retinue from Driftmark following close behind.
"My Lord," he began. "The Red Keep is yours, the King his holed up in Maegor's Holdfast along with the remaining Kingsguard still in the Capital. He knows you have arrived, but not of the events since. Shall we storm the keep?"

Rhaegar shook his head.
"We will not spill the blood of honourable Knights, and the Kingsguard are among the most respected in Westeros. No, we bring no harm to the King, just to his power, and his authority. Secure the area around Maegor's. And bring me Jon Connington."

Rhaegar stepped down from the dais, and joined Lord Velaryon and his retinue, the Dragon Knights of House Brakken forming in behind him as they approached the door to the Holdfast, they were brought to a halt. In their path stood four men, each armed and armoured in plain raiment, white Cloaks gleaming in the torchlight.

"The King is not to be disturbed, Prince Rhaegar," the centre Knight called, is clear voice unmistakablly Barristan Selmy.

"I am here to see my father, you will let me pass."

The guards ramained unmoved.

"I am the Kings Hand. You will part."

Selmy put a hand on the hilt of his sword.
"I'm sorry, Lord Rhaegar. I cannot..."
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Mon May 16, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Lord Tywin Lannister
Casterly Rock, Westerlands
Council Chamber

The raven had flown swiftly from King's Landing to the Lannister homeland. As it landed in the Ravenry, a Maester untied the message and walked to the Keep. The castle was adorned with many Lannester sigils, each flapping as the great door opened to let in a burst of cold air. The Maester made his way up the stairs and through the long hallways towards Tywin's council chamber, now basically a war room. As he entered, he saw a massive map of the Realm spread across the table.

"My Lord, a raven from King's Landing. It bares no wax mark, so I do not know who it is from." Said the Maester, handing the small piece of paper to the Lord.

"That will be all." Spoke Tywin, not bothering to look up. He quickly opened the letter and read it aloud to the present Lords, "It says, 'Coup. Tell Kevan to call the banners'. Signed, JL. Aerys must no longer be King, who is? Time will tell. Kevan, let us call our banners to protect our lands." He flicked over the small statue of Aerys on the map, signaling the end of his reign...

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon May 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Jon nervously walked back to the Red Keep, leaving prince Viserys and the queen under the protection of his retainers and the septons, he was confident nobody would do anything to them in that sept. Still though he wondered why Rhaegar had sent for him. Jon had offered to kill the king himself, was that why Rhaegar was calling for him? Had the coup failed? Was Jon being recalled by Aerys to be burned alive? Jon considered turning back and bringing some of his retinue for a second but decided against it and followed the massager who bore the symbol of the Velaryons. They were loyal to Rhaegar's faction he remembered, that was a good sign. The messenger brought Jon to the doors of Maegor's holdfast where his prince was stood. He looked so commanding, so strong. Jon thought dreamily as he watched his prince's silver hair. His dream only lasted for a moment however when he saw ser Barristan's hand resting on his sword. not one for patience Jon drew his sword. He'd rip that old man apart for his prince. "You sent for me." Jon stated calmly to Rhaegar, ready to fight Barristan.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon May 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Lord Eddard Stark
Mountains of the Moon, the Vale of Arryn

Ned was alone....
After the order by the Mad King, Jon had sent Ned away to call the banners of the North, while he call the banners of the Vale to deal with Gulltown along with Robert before he would set sail to call his own banners at Storm's End.

Alone to his thoughts, Eddard wondered how it came to be this way, everything was wonderful for the most part until that moment at Harrenhall, when Rhaegar Targaryen rode past his own wife and crowned his sister Queen of Love and Beauty. Whether they cared for eachother or not, Rhaegar is a married man and Lyanna is betrothed to Robert, that is an affront to the Stormlands, the North, and Dorne with such dishonor.

Ned didn't hold Rhaegar to much hate, but not much like either, especially after Lyanna disappeared, "He will get the justice he deserves..." Ned thought.

The Lord of Winterfell had been riding hard for several days now, ever wary of mountain clansmen on his journey to the Fingers, it is true luck he hasn't seen one yet. The clans are said to have been well at peace and content with Jon Arryn's long rule. But soon he would reach the Fingers and he could find a way north...to Winterfell...and war
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 7:18 pm

The Crownlands

Rhaegar blinked at the Kingsguard's recalcitrance, and looked at Selmy's compatriots.

Lewyn Martell, scion of the great Princes of Dorne, was one of the older men in the Guard. Experienced, by the book, and deadly.
Jonothor Darry, a rather large oaf, eager to kill yet prideful and arrogant.
And of course, the young lion, Jaime Lannister, son of Tywin, Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West. He was one of the most promising young knights in Westeros, and Rhaegar acknowledged that given time, and experience, he would soon become more dangerous than any man.

Alone, Rhaegar was more than a match for any of them, but together, they were n impressive force. As he considered his next move, he heard the light jogging of foot steps behind him, and turned to see Jon Connington joining his retinue, sword in hand.

"You sent for me," Jon said.

"Put the sword away Jon, we will not spill blood this day."
Rhaegar strode forward, well within sword length from the sworn brothers of the Kingsguard. He placed his hands in front of him, locking his fingers together.
"Sers, I hold you no ill will. I commend you for your loyalty to our King, and to the Realm. All of you, honour the King with your service. But I am the Prince of Dragonstone, Heir to the Iron Throne, and Hand of the King. I demand you open the doors."

Barristan was Rhaegar's friend, they had shared ale together, of all the Kingsguard, Selmy was arguably the most capable, aside from maybe Arthur Dayne. Rhaegar held him in high esteem, and considered him one of his closest confidantes,surely he would allow the Prince to pass.

"We serve the King my Lord," Selmy replied dead pan.

Rhaegar's frustration grew, as he drew near Barristan, mere inches from his face. "Your honour is impeccable, Ser Barristan. Duty is your wife, and the Guard your family. You are vowed to defend the King, Our King, My father. But he has grown as a threat not only to the Realm but to himself. He is in more danger in that room alone than he is out here."
Rhaeger inched even closer, whispering in Barristan's ear.
"You watched him burn the Starks, you have seen, maybe more than anyone save the Queen, what he has become. Let me save him, save him from himself."

Barristan grew rigid, as he weighed the request.
"You would be a just King," he replied. "Aye, a great King. Your right, I cannot continue like this, serving him."
Selmy stood aside, signaling for the other Kingsguard to do so as well.
"Surely," BArristan proclaimed loudly, "Prince Rhaegar only wishes to see his grace again."

"Thank you Ser," Rhaegar replied. "Only myself and Jon will enter."
Rhaegar removed his belt, and sword from his hip.
"I presume he still will not allow weapons near him?"
Barristan nodded, and held out his arm for Jon's blade.

As the young griffin lord handed over the sword, the Prince lead them through the door, and across the bridge that leads to Maegor's holdfast. The wood was well worn and slippery, Rhaegar nearly lost his balance on one of the knots in the wood. As they arrived at the edge of the Bridge, Rhaegar stopped, and turned to Jon. He had not seen his father in at least a year, and reports said that he had grown ever more eccentric since. The seven knows what he must look like.

"Are you ready Jon," Rhaegar said with a half smile, eyes looking down with apprehension.

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon May 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Ser Jaime Lannister
Maegor's Holdfast

Jaime stood by the door to the King's chambers, silently watching what was occurring between Selmy and Rhaegar. As Selmy put his hand on his sword, the other Kingsguard placed their hands on their hilts. Jaime, however, did not such thing. Luckily, Barristan allowed them to enter with no blood being spilt, a relief for Jaime...

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Jon cautiously handed ser Barristan his blade. Rhaegar was right in taking the diplomatic approach. It wouldn't look good if they hacked down 4 members of the kingsgaurd. Yet still Jon was itching to prove his ability with a sword. He probably could have only beaten Darry but he still wanted to try and fight. Anxiously he followed Rhaegar through the door, honoured that his prince had thought so highly of him as to bring him here. He kicked himself for not addressing Rhaegar by his proper title earlier. Rhaegar had probably noted that. He was likely disappointed. Jon thought, hoping he hadn't noticed. Rhaegar was too smart not to. He told himself. Still though... He was alone with his prince... He could say whatever he wanted to him here. As Jon prepared to say something Rhaegar cut in and Jon melted like butter at the sound of his voice, almost losing all composure. "I-I think I am." he stuttered, kicking himself internally. "But I don't exactly know what we're doing."

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Mon May 16, 2016 7:49 pm

[x]
Last edited by Cuprum on Thu May 19, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Mon May 16, 2016 8:03 pm

King's Landing

When Sir Barrestan Selmy had placed his hand on the hilt of his sword, denying entry to Prince Rhaegar, Derrick Brakken and the other Knights of the Dragon had done likewise. Of course they wished Selmy and the rest of the Kingsguard no harm, after all, Selmy was the man whom Derrick Brakken revered most outside of the Targaryens. An honorable man who was as deadly with a blade as he was loyal to his duty. If only he followed the faith of the dragon. He would have made a truly awe inspiring member of the order. If Selmy had drawn his blade against the Targaryen, then Brakken and his men would have been forced to draw their own blades against any threat to the Targaryen prince. Of course, Lord Jon Connington's fate did not concern Brakken in the slightest. The man lacked patience and swelled with ambition, a dangerous combination that in Brakken's mind, made him less than reliable. Fortunately, the situation appeared to have been resolved peacefully. Selmy had allowed Rhaegar to pass. No one had to die tonight. Derrick Brakken and his fellow knights still kept their hands on their swords, to allow for quick access should the situation descend into violence, but they visibly more relaxed in their posture, with the aggressive undertone of their former stances no longer present. Brakken himself was confused by why Connington had entered the King's chambers. A nagging fear that the lord would harm Aerys bothered Derrick. If he did so, Brakken didn't know how he or the other Knights of the Dragon would react. After all, mad or not, Aerys was still a Targaryen. Rhaegar had insisted that bloodshed would be avoided at all costs, which Derrick had interpreted as to include the preferred safety of the mad king. He hoped that no blood would be shed. May the dragons help us all if it were to be spilt.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 10:42 pm

The Crownlands

Rhaegar nodded, understanding Jon's confusion. Why was Rhaegar here? What did he really hope to achieve? All he knew was that Aerys would have to be undone, in flesh or on spirit. And thats is what he intended to do.

"We are here to save the Kingdom Jon, all seven of them."

The Prince opened the great iron doors to Maegor's Holdfast, the joints groaning and straining under their own weight. The tower was small, solid brick aside from the King's chamber and the intricate secret passages that riddled the place like a block of cheese. The two men entered the room, apprehension filling them. The light was dim, and the room large, but what they could not see, they could hear. Scratching, as if a rat were bruwwoing through the floorboards, the rustling of flaxen hair, and of course, the muttering.

"Make it Burn, fire and death, raining fire, like Balerion, and Meraxes, and Vhagar, fire and death. No, fire and blood. Let them all burn, with fire, and let their blood boil and wash the streets...."

Rhaegar plucked a torch from the entry hall, and placed it in one of the great braziers that sat in the corners of the room. The fire illuminated the entire building, and revealed the King, His Grace, Aerys II Targaryen.

The body of a man was hunched, as if deformed, sitting in a chair, surrounded by clusters of books, and papers, rocking slowly back and forth. His hair was white, and nearly reached his waist, while his beard lightly traced the floor. His fingernails each spread froth from his hands by a least a foot, and his toes were in constant motion, scratching marks all down the wooden floor. Creases lined the Kings face, and wrinkles wrapped around his eyes and mouth. His lips were pale, and his skin almost colorless. His clothing was soiled, and frayed. Upon his head, cocked to one side, lay the ornate crown of Aegon IV, the Unworthy. The muttering came from his lips, fast and furious, but it died like the wind as he saw his two visitors.

Rhaegar was horrified. His father had once been handsome, tall and proud, like the Prince himself. What sat here now was a husk, an empty shell inhabited by demons and evil. The Prince could hardly bear to look.

"Father," he murmured as if in a dream. " Father?"

The King's eyes flicked up, surveying the pair of men.

"Rhaegar," he whispered. "My son."
He tried to stand, but collapsed back into his chair.
"You missed them you know."

Rhaegar shook his head in confusion.
"What did I miss?"

"The burning. The flames, the immense beauty of death and smoke and the scent of charred flesh." The Kings started to cackle, madly clawing at his chest, as if to rip it open. "You missed the Starks, the mad, mad Starks. They wanted you, they called for you, and but you did not answer. No, they came to me, and I answered. I answered as any dragon would when beset by wolves. With death, and with, with the eternal, immortal FLAME!"

Rhaegar cringed, stepping backward.
"Rickard and Brandon Stark did not deserve that father."

The Kings laughter died on his lips.
"I am the dragon. I do not need to worry about the expectations of the wolves, or the lions, or the stags, NO! Nor the mewling, the cowering of my lily livered son," the King stood this time, hobbling over the Rhaegar with a body finger raised. "You were always plotting against me, yes, yes, you and your ingrate friends, your Dornish whore, and the spawn of her rotten cunt. You want to kill me, yes, you want me dead so you and your cabal of supporters can rest easy on my throne. You want to see my head rotting on the city gates, aye, you and the Baratheons are in league! Thieves, murderers, traitors! I will slit your whores throat, and boil her blood! I will cut off your childrens head, and melt the flesh clean off their bones, before using the skulls as goblets. Every man loyal to you will burn, and Dragonstone will be brought low, the entire island will crumble, melt, and char. And I will make you watch, I will make you listen to their screams, and I will laugh, I will know know that all the joy in your life will turn to ash in your mouth, justice will have been done. And when your tears are spent, and you think the world could not get any darker or more painful, I will cast your body into the fires of the Dragon, and watch as the flesh peels from your limbs and your hair shrivels and dies, and I will remember your screams, and cherish them. Damn you, damn you all to hell!"

Aerys swiped at Rhaegar with his clawed hand, but the Prince grabbed his frail wrist. The fury of the Targaryen's burned bright in Rhaegar's eyes as he twisted his father's arm, forcing him to his knees.

"ENOUGH!" he shouted, the King cowering at the iron strong tones of his voice. "Enough! Your reign of terror ends here. You have become a monster, a murderer, and a disgrace to our family."

"I am the Dragon!" the King cried, trying to jerk free. "Let me go!"

"You are not a dragon!" Rhaegar shouted, throwing the old man onto the floor. "You are less than a man!" The Prince grabbed the crown from his father's head, and tossed it in the brazier.

"NO," Aerys shouted, throwing his hands into the flames to save the monstrous gold ring. The flames licked away his flesh, and blistered his fingers. The King reeled back with a cry, curling into a ball on the floor, whimpering.
"You are no son of mine, you are no Dragon!"

Rhaegar shook his head, in disgust.
"You are not my King, you are not my father." The Prince raised to his full height, eyes aflame. "Aerys Targaryen, In the name of the Iron Throne, you are hereby denounced, and attainted. Your lands and titles are forfeit to your heir. You will be confined to Maegor's Holdfast to the end of your days, on pain of death. May your end come swiftly and without pain. Goodbye, father."

Turning in the spot, Rhaegar motioned for Jon to follow.
"We are done here, come."

The pair moved outside, into the fresh summer air.
"My father will wither and die within the Red Keep, until the end of his days. I am the King now, and I will not allow this kingdom to fall into a thousand pieces and let our dynasty fail after 300 years of power. I swear it, by the Old Gods and the New. And I will not fall so easily. I am the last Dragon, I am the King."
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse