NATION

PASSWORD

Quarere Cygnus (IC|Sci-fi|CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri May 13, 2016 6:03 pm

The Remnants a Flaming Dawn wrote:
Charlia wrote:"It's going to take place here," she said with a puzzled look. "Where else would it be? Come on, lie down." She gestured to a bed in the back. "I'll put you under, and then it'll be over before you know it."

"Yes ma'am," she replied as she laid down, "erm... I guess I trust you but be careful... The hardware is pretty shoddy..."

"Relax," she said with a reassuring smile. "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't fully qualified for this."

Izumi would feel a slight sting, and then everything would go dark...

Once she was completely unconscious, Charlotte began to work.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri May 13, 2016 7:27 pm

Akina Koizumi

Akina watched as best she could. She would wait for the time when Charlotte would give her permission to begin fixing the implant. So she waited patiently.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri May 13, 2016 7:30 pm

After what felt like hours to Charlotte but was in reality nowhere near that long, she stepped back and gestured to Akina that the patient was ready to be 'repaired'.

"Work quickly," she warned. "If she wakes up like this... well, unless she has superhuman control, it won't end well for any of us, but especially not for her."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri May 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Akina Koizumi

Akina stepped up and looked at the implant. She smirked, "This will be easier than I thought. Don't worry it won't be long."

After a short time, Akina stepped back, "And done. I'll leave the rest to you, I am needing to go to the bridge."

With that Akina made her way to the bridge. Once she entered the bridge she made her way to her station. She stopped and saluted the commander.

"Morning commander." She said and sat down, "Captain, how far are we from the station? Also, can I say something quickly?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri May 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Akina Koizumi

Akina stepped up and looked at the implant. She smirked, "This will be easier than I thought. Don't worry it won't be long."

After a short time, Akina stepped back, "And done. I'll leave the rest to you, I am needing to go to the bridge."

With that Akina made her way to the bridge. Once she entered the bridge she made her way to her station. She stopped and saluted the commander.

"Morning commander." She said and sat down, "Captain, how far are we from the station? Also, can I say something quickly?"

"...goodbye," Charlotte muttered sarcastically after Akina was gone. "Lovely seeing you."

Repairing the 'damage' she had done in order to allow Akina to work, she quickly finished the procedure and then took a seat, fiddling with the vial from before while waiting for the sedative to wear off.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Fri May 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Laelynn

Laelynn sat back down and leaned back on her chair, until Ms. Akina Koizumi came in and asked two questions.
"8 hours, and yes. You can speak."

She turned towards Akina and waited for whatever she was going to say.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Fri May 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Romanov stood hunched over his latest specimen batch, a series of bright blue plants, all of which were covered in thick white spines filled with some kind of poisonous juice. Sighing, he rubbed his sleep-deprived eyes, and used a pair of tweezers to pick off a spine from the plant, and prick his arm gently three times. Walking to a nearby computer console, he sat down and began to type in a log, reminding himself to go check out his room for the first time later.

"Experiment 85, pricked myself with a plant or something. Hopefully the paralysis sets in before the hour is over, when the antidote kicks in too. Checking the threshold of potency."

Hearing a "ding dong", Romanov vaguely recollected that he hadn't eaten for two days already. Standing up and throwing the spine into a small glass container in the corner, he stopped near the door, shrugged and picked up a scrap of meat, usually used to feed the specimens, and began munching on the raw piece of horse cadaver before proceeding to the bridge, licking the coagulated blood off of his fingers.

"What the hell was that, and why did the ship just change course?"
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

If knowledge is power, then we are all powerless and the universe is god.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat May 14, 2016 4:29 am

Akina Koizumi

"I am not sure if you have read up about me, but here it goes. It should be in my dossier but when I was young I was captured by am organization called Whisper." She stated, "And this system is one of the systems Whisper operates in. So, I would request that how ever we deal with the station, we be very careful."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Sat May 14, 2016 7:07 am

A13X or 'Alex'

If a robot could show emotion, then A13X's worry could have been way to spot as he looked out a conveniently placed window as he looked out into space. A13X had thought , and even hoped, that he was the last of his war model. A13X had made sure of that.

Though hearing this news from David and running quick calculations, showed that a remnant of the company not surviving was itself slim. Though this thought also brought a hint of sadness, making him wonder if all he was good for was for war. A13X hoped he wouldn't meet any of the newer models on this journey.

Looking around and seeing that crowd had thinned out, A13X decided to make his leave. A13X then started to make his way toward his quarters to grab a few things, specifically equipment and a few crude machines, then head to the engine room.
Last edited by Vulnier on Sat May 14, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

The Remnants a Flaming Dawn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Sat May 14, 2016 8:09 am

Izumi began to wake up with a groan. The first thing she saw was a blinding light followed by a start-up screen which was running diognistics, a sign that the repairs had happened while she was sleeping.

"How did it go," Izumi asked as she looked at the medical officer, her eye finally arriving to see thing a bit better, she wouldn't hit her was to make sure the wires weren't loose for fear of reopening some sort of injury.
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn
Due to past events I will be unable to send TGs so please do not send my any. If you need me just TG me an email address, steam account, or skype name.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat May 14, 2016 8:17 am

The Remnants a Flaming Dawn wrote:Izumi began to wake up with a groan. The first thing she saw was a blinding light followed by a start-up screen which was running diognistics, a sign that the repairs had happened while she was sleeping.

"How did it go," Izumi asked as she looked at the medical officer, her eye finally arriving to see thing a bit better, she wouldn't hit her was to make sure the wires weren't loose for fear of reopening some sort of injury.

"I don't know about the mechanical side of things," Charlotte replied, "but the surgery went well. Miss Koizumi knows what she's doing, so I presume that your implant should be fixed as well. You can get up if you like, just try not to cause any trauma to your eye for the time being."

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Sat May 14, 2016 8:20 am

Charlia wrote:
The Remnants a Flaming Dawn wrote:Izumi began to wake up with a groan. The first thing she saw was a blinding light followed by a start-up screen which was running diognistics, a sign that the repairs had happened while she was sleeping.

"I don't know about the mechanical side of things," Charlotte replied, "but the surgery went well. Miss Koizumi knows what she's doing, so I presume that your implant should be fixed as well. You can get up if you like, just try not to cause any trauma to your eye for the time being."

"That sounds fine," she replied with a sheepish grin as she got herself to stand up. Her balance slightly off as the remainder of the drugs wore off but for the most part she was fine. "Seems like the eye's working better," she replied as she began to look around the room without moving her head. The eye seemed to move quickly and was operating at top condition considering how old the model was, "thank you Charlotte," she said with a grin.
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn
Due to past events I will be unable to send TGs so please do not send my any. If you need me just TG me an email address, steam account, or skype name.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat May 14, 2016 8:33 am

Charlia wrote:"I don't know about the mechanical side of things," Charlotte replied, "but the surgery went well. Miss Koizumi knows what she's doing, so I presume that your implant should be fixed as well. You can get up if you like, just try not to cause any trauma to your eye for the time being."

"That sounds fine," she replied with a sheepish grin as she got herself to stand up. Her balance slightly off as the remainder of the drugs wore off but for the most part she was fine. "Seems like the eye's working better," she replied as she began to look around the room without moving her head. The eye seemed to move quickly and was operating at top condition considering how old the model was, "thank you Charlotte," she said with a grin.

A genuine smile crossed her face.

"'Thank you'..." she repeated slowly. "That's not something I hear very often. You're very welcome, Miss Ize. If you need anything else, I'll usually be here."

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Sat May 14, 2016 8:56 am

Charlia wrote:

A genuine smile crossed her face.

"'Thank you'..." she repeated slowly. "That's not something I hear very often. You're very welcome, Miss Ize. If you need anything else, I'll usually be here."

"Your welcome," she replied with a grin as she turned on her heel and prepared to leave the med bay, "also, if you need me I'll usually be in the ship's gun control room, if not there then in my room."

With that, she had left the med bay with a wave as she made her way to the on-ship weaponry control room where she sat down and began to look over the current weaponry and thought about ways to improve the efficiency of the weaponry.
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Sat May 14, 2016 9:03 am

"I am not sure if you have read up about me, but here it goes. It should be in my dossier but when I was young I was captured by am organization called Whisper." She stated, "And this system is one of the systems Whisper operates in. So, I would request that how ever we deal with the station, we be very careful."

Laelynn

Laelynn looked at Akina for a moment before turning back to the speaker system.
She turned it on and spoke into the microphone.
"Please ready the battle stations as soon as possible, and be ready for a possible attack when we arrive to the space station."

She turned the speaker system off and then looked back at Ms. Akina Koizumi.
"Is there anything else?"
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat May 14, 2016 10:20 am

Abserdia wrote:

Laelynn

Laelynn looked at Akina for a moment before turning back to the speaker system.
She turned it on and spoke into the microphone.
"Please ready the battle stations as soon as possible, and be ready for a possible attack when we arrive to the space station."

She turned the speaker system off and then looked back at Ms. Akina Koizumi.
"Is there anything else?"

At that Alexander smiled to himself as he drained the last of his coffee and put away his tablet before standing up to return to the bridge

He arrived at the bridge and entered with his special commander ID card, which did the same as before and alerted the pilots who was entering but he called out from outside the door before entering
"No need for formalities at the moment, remain at ease and continue what you are doing."

He entered and return to his chair which had a monitor and interface displaying the Cygnus, it's current status in many different fields, displays of security cameras showing crew members and more such as a galactic map showing the ships approach into the system of interest.

He jumped his vision from this interface to the pilots to the void that was space that could be seen through the windows of the bridge
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sat May 14, 2016 10:46 am

Joseph had shook Alexander's hand and then turned to Maye. "You should take that as a compliment, if there's a issue they will usually say so, but I'll tell them after we find out what's going on here, they have enough to worry about for now." Joseph said.

He then finished his breakfast and went to the meeting hall set up for the marines and security guards and explained the situation. He then had the shifts put down to graveyard number that way the number of guards and marines available to help deal with the situation was at its max.

He then was on his way to the bridge when he heard the announcement over the PA.

He then got on the bridge and took his post.

"Skipper, Captain. The Marines and guards are briefed and ready to go, all have been giving arms and armor. Cyrrebt shift has been put down to graveyard shift numbers to give us maximum number to response to any attacks and to give us max numbers when we arrive in system to look around on any ships and stations that possibly remain in system. I will be going with the marines any of y'all are welcome to come." Joseph reported as he looked down at his console and started making teams for the shuttles.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sat May 14, 2016 11:16 am

Kyraina wrote:
"Skipper, Captain. The Marines and guards are briefed and ready to go, all have been giving arms and armor. Cyrrebt shift has been put down to graveyard shift numbers to give us maximum number to response to any attacks and to give us max numbers when we arrive in system to look around on any ships and stations that possibly remain in system. I will be going with the marines any of y'all are welcome to come." Joseph reported as he looked down at his console and started making teams for the shuttles.

Callum had been busy trying to plan the route for the leg of the trip after they reached the station up until Joseph entered, keeping quiet and for the most part ignoring the conversation between the captain and the others. Now, satisfied, he flicked away the plan and swivelled in his chair to get a read on what was going on. Joseph was just finishing speaking. Callum snorted.

"There is no way I'm going on the spooky space station unless I have to," he mused. "But good luck."
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat May 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Shino was sitting at her gunner station, you know, just in case.
She had been there for five hours, and now, the station easily looked more like her room than her own.
Which was quite paradoxal, since she didn't really like leaving her room unattended but at this point, the gunner station was basically her second room.
With all the things she needed to handle everything at the same time.
Or at least, what her position allowed her to.

Being a security officer, and a very efficient one at that, she had access to everything, and anything, literally all the time.
That included rooms and other various things, such as hidden food compartments.

Stretching in her little improvised room, she snuggled up in her blanket with a goofy smile.

"At least I see around the place.
After all, I did board the place with the intent to do just that.
I don't regret any of it, plus I've seen some people too.
Some... Very interesting people." She said, licking her lips.

"No, no. I musn't think that yet.
I don't know them that well." With that, she stood up and with a determined look, she walked around to find someone, anyone that would speak to her.
Ideally, a doctor or something.
Fantasies were oddly the main thing in her mind.
Along with dumplings, and The Great Gatsby.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Sat May 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Laelynn, 8 hours forward, Cygnus

She didn't get anymore distress signals after the second one.
Once the station was close enough, Laelynn looked at Callum and began docking with him.
She turned on the speakers and asked a question.
"Is the search party ready? Are the battle stations ready?"
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Sat May 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Abserdia wrote:Laelynn, 8 hours forward, Cygnus

She didn't get anymore distress signals after the second one.
Once the station was close enough, Laelynn looked at Callum and began docking with him.
She turned on the speakers and asked a question.
"Is the search party ready? Are the battle stations ready?"

"Close range ship to ship weapons are ready if need be," she said into a comms unit to Laelynn in a cold tone as she began to flip through various weapon systems, "also, when we have the chance and on a planet would it be okay if we bought some parts off of the black market? I have a few friends with some parts we could use."
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat May 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Akina Koizumi

Akina sat at her station, she pulled up a screen, for anyone to see. It was a live feed from her Destroyer Drone.

"Drone is armed and ready."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Sat May 14, 2016 7:25 pm

A13X or 'Alex'
Cygnus Engine Room

A13X was sitting in front of a makeshift worktable as the engine hummed not to far away. A13X was working on a project, a crude, rudimentary hand just like it's own, when A13X heard the engine change tune. Then heard the speaker system blare its message about the search party.

A low buzzing sound could be heard from A13X, they had arrived earlier then his initial calculations had predicted. Getting up, A13X looked at his project before making his way out the engine room, and toward where it thought the party would assemble. Walking, protocol kicked in as he pressed his comm, having to push down a little hard before he spoke to the bridge. "Captin, this unit requests to go aboard station with search party." A13X then stopped, staring down the hallway at nothing. After a few seconds, A13X banged his head against the wall, causing a small dent to appear.

A13X then muttered,"Damn these useless Protocols." And continued on his way.
Last edited by Vulnier on Sat May 14, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat May 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Commander Blaire stood up from his seat and placed a headset to his hear

"Major Bridges do you copy? This is Commander Blaire

I want constant communication while onboard the station, I will be overseeing the situation from the bridge for this one."

He pressed a button on the headset which muted his microphone and he asked Laelynn
"Did she just ask to get in touch with the black market?"
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Sat May 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Laelynn

"You have permission to join the search party, Alex." Laelynn responded.
"Ms. Izumi, the black market is, personally, not something I'd want to be involved with, sorry."

She then looked towards the Commander and answered his question.
"Yes sir..."
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse