NATION

PASSWORD

Quarere Cygnus (IC|Sci-fi|CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu May 12, 2016 5:27 pm

Abserdia wrote:Laelynn

"Good morning, Maye, and bye, Izumi." Laelynn mumbled.
She went to get cereal for breakfast, one of the most important meals of the day. Well, there really isn't a day in space. Or morning, for that matter...

Doesn't matter.

"Oh, and um, we're going to need to send in a search party once we arrive.
I'm going to leave that to you guys, or maybe the Commander..."

She continued eating.

"Count me out, I don't do Assaults, I can loan weapons to those willing to submit a full report after the use of them though. That and I don't know, cheer you from the sidelines."
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Abserdia wrote:Laelynn

"Good morning, Maye, and bye, Izumi." Laelynn mumbled.
She went to get cereal for breakfast, one of the most important meals of the day. Well, there really isn't a day in space. Or morning, for that matter...

Doesn't matter.

"Oh, and um, we're going to need to send in a search party once we arrive.
I'm going to leave that to you guys, or maybe the Commander..."

She continued eating.

David

"I'd be willing to enough to go anyway, but I'm not so sure about what's on the station anyway." He then also returned to eating- before shortly standing to go and get some coffee.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Akina Koizumi

"If I can speak my opinion, I think we should be very careful, no matter the decision." Akina said and took a sip of her tea. "Any way this goes, you have my drones."

She was surprised by Maye and the fact she'd prefer to stick to the side lines, "Why? Why don't you do assaults? I could understand if you where weak like me, but you are..." she looked over Maye, "Definitely not weak."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu May 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Akina Koizumi

"If I can speak my opinion, I think we should be very careful, no matter the decision." Akina said and took a sip of her tea. "Any way this goes, you have my drones."

She was surprised by Maye and the fact she'd prefer to stick to the side lines, "Why? Why don't you do assaults? I could understand if you where weak like me, but you are..." she looked over Maye, "Definitely not weak."

Shaking her head Maye tsked and said "You aren't weak, just small, and I don't like assaults because I cant fight one on one in an assault, its groups. Orion is famous for the crystals that cover it because of the frequencies that they vibrate at, there's a type of mantis on Orion that has crystals on its arms and uses light to make crude cutting lasers. Those I can fight, I fight one on a few not one on a group, its just not my style." Maye shrugged and crossed her arms under her bosom again, falling silent once more.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

The Remnants a Flaming Dawn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Thu May 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Izumi sighed as she began the arduous task of repairing her implants. Since her's were civilian grade there was a clear visual and mechanical difference between the more reliable military grade ones. The first major difference was that military implants had better comparability and integration with on-ship systems. The next major difference was displayed when she moved her hair to get at the access ports. There were a dozen of them and made a line from her eyebrow to her ear she had to use the repair tools and a mirror to fidget around with the wiring and hardware to try to fix the loose connection that caused her to slur words. The implants had originally connected her new eye to her brain similar to an organic eye but additional reaction time implants were added on much later and these were clearly inferiour to newer models. She had always had trouble with them her entire life but this time was different. It usually happened after she hit her head but this time it just came out of nowhere, she feared that the implants might have corroded or been damaged but she suppressed the fears trying to tell herself that even her implants wouldn't act up in such an important mission.
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn
Due to past events I will be unable to send TGs so please do not send my any. If you need me just TG me an email address, steam account, or skype name.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Akina Koizumi

"I am weak. Not because I am small, I am just physically weak." Akina said, "So you like fighting alone? Interesting. Though there are things out there no person can face along. And I am not just talking about the Finis. Though those crystals sound interesting, I could use them for some ideas I have."

She finished her tea and stood up, "I'll have to ask you more about those crystals another time." Akina then left the cafeteria and walked through the ship. I hope Izumi is alright...

Akina found Izumi's room, and knocked, "Hey Izumi. It's Akina. I wanted to know, are you alright?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Thu May 12, 2016 5:59 pm

A13X or "Alex"

Even though he had already downloaded the map to the ship, he still couldn't help but walk around the ship. Alex had been on many ships, though never as nice as this one with its new, speak design instead of a beat up, rusty slag heap ships he was used T working on and repairing. But because of this, he had to spend the last two days studying the ship and engine schematics in order to know how to repair them if the need ever arises.

These thought were in mind as he was about to walk back down the engine room, until a loud ding dong stopped him. At first, he was confused, wondering what that alarm was for. Then he remembered what it was for. Taking at the chance to actually see and meet new people, he made his way to the cafeteria, which took a while due to his leg, and him wanting to explore the ship more.

When he arrived, he saw each and every face, knowing each one by name due to him having downloaded everyone's medical file. Though when he saw Captain Laelynn, protocol took over as he walked over to her and with a salute, said in a low, robotic tone,"Captain, Unit A***-**1*-**3*-***X ready and awaiting orders." When he brought his hand down, though, his demeanor changed as he shrunk back, apparently embarrassed."Sorry", he said in that same tone,"old protocol of this unit."
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Laelynn

Laelynn finished her cereal and put the bowl away before walking out of the cafe.
"I'll be in the bridge if any of you need me... and hello, Alex.
No need to be sorry."

She sat down on the chair of the bridge, the plethora of buttons being a welcome sight to her.
She checked the distance away from the station, and then the planet she would use as a gravity assist.
The planet was very close, and soon the station will be.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Thu May 12, 2016 6:04 pm

"I am weak. Not because I am small, I am just physically weak." Akina said, "So you like fighting alone? Interesting. Though there are things out there no person can face along. And I am not just talking about the Finis. Though those crystals sound interesting, I could use them for some ideas I have."

She finished her tea and stood up, "I'll have to ask you more about those crystals another time." Akina then left the cafeteria and walked through the ship. I hope Izumi is alright...

Akina found Izumi's room, and knocked, "Hey Izumi. It's Akina. I wanted to know, are you alright?"

"I'm fire," she shouted, curing under her breath at the hiccup in her hardware, "are you able to help me? Mine implant is acting up and I think it's worse than it seams."

She hated herself for the situation she was in but every time she spoke she could feel the electricity pass through the eye and causes her brain to shift the words. Damnit, I hope this doesn't get any worse
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn
Due to past events I will be unable to send TGs so please do not send my any. If you need me just TG me an email address, steam account, or skype name.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 pm

David

"Hmmmm... Certainly very interesting," David readjusted his cap and went towards the robot. "Hmmmmmm... very interesting indeed... I haven't seen a robot of your type in a long time... Alex, wasn't it?"
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Akina Koizumi

"I'm coming in then." Akina said as she entered the room. She was not at all put off by anything she saw. "I didn't know you had a cybernetic implant. I'm not judging by the way." She approached Izumi, "Can you, umm.... Sit down? Or something?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Thu May 12, 2016 6:18 pm

"I'm coming in then." Akina said as she entered the room. She was not at all put off by anything she saw. "I didn't know you had a cybernetic implant. I'm not judging by the way." She approached Izumi, "Can you, umm.... Sit down? Or something?"

"Yeah," she said as she hobbled over and sat down, some of her tools were still in her head as she carefully removed each one, "Dam city grade implants are what I have," she grumbled as she looked around the room, her eye seemed to be fine but it was just some electronic interference that seemed to affect her speech, "I think my speak is affected by my dumb reaction implant... It was cheap and implamented in a pretty shoddy way..."
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 12, 2016 6:18 pm

...Other people.

The joys.

It was a good thing, in that moment, that the current chief medical officer didn't have any weapons on her.

Otherwise, had someone approached her, things might have become... rather messy.

But she had taken an oath never to do harm, and she planned to keep that oath...

Unless it became necessary to break it.

She was nervous in this environment. The clean whiteness of a sickbay was as close to a home as she had, and it was there that she felt truly comfortable and safe. Outside of that, unless she was working... well, things weren't pleasant for her.

She didn't interact with anyone, and simply returned to the sickbay as soon as possible. It was where she felt she belonged.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Akina Koizumi

"I have cybernetics too. You can't really see them though. I didn't get them by choice, and well, they aren't the product of an accident." Akina said as she looked at the port. She placed her hand on both sides of Izumi's head, and closed her eyes.

"There is a loose connection." She said, "Actually, quite a few." Akina opened her eyes and removed her hands from Izumi, "I can fix it though. I just need to get to it. Looks like we have to go to the med bay. Is that good with you?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Thu May 12, 2016 6:51 pm

Joseph woke up sweaty and clammy. He shot up in his bed and looked around. "Gosh Dang nightmares. Why do I have to relive everything I have done? Why?"

He shook his head and got out of bed and got dressed in a pair of cargo pants, and assault shirt that could be worn under his armor. He then put his pistol in a leg holster, the combat knife and tomahawk on his belt, and his assault rifle slung on his back. He walked out of his room and saw the note, read it and made his way to the mess hall. Upon entering the mess hall, and made his way across towards the others
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Thu May 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Aghrabia wrote:David

"Hmmmm... Certainly very interesting," David readjusted his cap and went towards the robot. "Hmmmmmm... very interesting indeed... I haven't seen a robot of your type in a long time... Alex, wasn't it?"

A low buzzing sound came out of A13X, apparently a sigh of relief as he composed himself.

When David came up to A13X, the robot was about to lift his hand so he could shake it, but stopped when David referenced his model. At first he was going to shake it off, but when he said a long time, this peaked A13X's interest. He knew that this man was born long after A13X was made, his medical records indicating so. Though, A13X wanted to know what this man knew about his model.

"Yes, Unit A***-**1*-**3*-***X, or A13X," as he spoke, the blue back up lights on his face blinked with every word and syllable that Alex spoke."What is it that you require?"
Last edited by Vulnier on Thu May 12, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu May 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Alexander entered the mess hall fully dressed in uniform of an officer and prepared for the day as he was scrolling through a tablet he had in one hand, he glanced up to the people in the room and said

"Good morning, Commander Alexander Blaire, I look forward to working with you all, now then, mind pointing me to the coffee?"

He yawned and smiled drowsily to those in the room, but his eyes shot back and forth, getting his first impressions and assumptions of his fellow crew-members in the mess hall before sitting down with a cup of steaming hot, black, coffee
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Fri May 13, 2016 12:18 am

Callum's peaceful slumber was, unfortunately interrupted by the mother of all ding-dongs. Callum had heard several ding-dongs in his life, but this was quite a ding dong. He groaned quietly to himself, half falling, half rolling out of his bed. The floor was cold and hard. Callum decided he didn't like the floor very much.

"I don't like you very much." he told the floor. The floor did not reply.

He clambered to his feet, giving his bare butt an idle scratch as he looked around his room again. Simple, but nice. Certainly better than your average military quarters. He wandered into the bathroom to relieve himself, brush his teeth and shave. He didn't bother to brush his hair; it would have no effect on the mass of curls on his head.

Next up in Callum's morning routine was clothing: a very important part of the routine, as Callum had learnt from one very interesting day. He considered wearing his flight suit with a jacket or something, but figured he probably wouldn't be flying anything other than the Cygnus for a while, so there was no point. Instead, he pulled on some old skinny jeans, a purple v-neck and a beaten old leather jacket- it had been a gift from Thomas Flynn, the mechanic who had taken him in as a kid. Callum took it everywhere, and today was no different. His socks and shoes were entirely unremarkable: chosen for comfort over style and very simple. Callum gave himself a quick once-over in the mirror, pointing two finger guns at himself and winking like an idiot.

As he left, he spotted a small note taped to the door.

Good morning, Callum!
We're almost in interplanetary space! Once you read this note, get some food and then get ready for the day. It seems the Finis missed one of the outermost planets, and we'll use that for a powered gravity assist.
I also got a distress signal from a station orbiting Quies B, and with our powered assist we should get there in about 8 E.H (Earth Hours).

Laelynn

Callum tore it down from the door, placing it on a small nearby table. He realised that he was probably gonna be about five minutes late, considering how leisurely he had prepared himself, but figured nobody would really mind. He thumbed the button that opened the door and stepped out into the hall. It was much cooler out here, and the blast of cold air sent tiny shivers up Callum's spine.He yawned, and made his way to the canteen. He was good with directions, so it didn't take him long to find.

There were only about five people milling inside- technically two, since one was a robot. It looked like Callum had missed out on the ever-important first impression banter. He made a mental note to get up earlier from now on.

"Good morning! Callum Tobar-Domhain, your lovely and particularly handsome co-pilot, reporting for breakfast." Callum greeted them as he grabbed two slices of toast and some scrambled eggs. He placed it on a table, and was about to sit down when he paused, lifting a finger.

"Tea," he said. "Almost forgot tea."

He got some tea, and sat down again to tuck into his breakfast.

"So," he began, through mouthfuls of egg. "What's the craic, lads?"
Last edited by Krytonus on Fri May 13, 2016 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Fri May 13, 2016 3:31 am

"I have cybernetics too. You can't really see them though. I didn't get them by choice, and well, they aren't the product of an accident." Akina said as she looked at the port. She placed her hand on both sides of Izumi's head, and closed her eyes.

"There is a loose connection." She said, "Actually, quite a few." Akina opened her eyes and removed her hands from Izumi, "I can fix it though. I just need to get to it. Looks like we have to go to the med bay. Is that good with you?"

"That's fire," she replied in a depressed tone, "also, my implants are a very old civilian model so I knew this day would come... Just I didn't want it to happen now when this is so an important mission."
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri May 13, 2016 4:18 am

Akina Koizumi

Akina nodded and started to walk with Izumi to the med bay. "Don't let this get you down. It's not like you need a new implant, I can fix it. And I'll make sure you never have this sort of problem again. I promise you that." She said, "Do you know anything about the ship's Doctor? I haven't seen them around, or been to the med bay."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Fri May 13, 2016 4:36 am

Akina nodded and started to walk with Izumi to the med bay. "Don't let this get you down. It's not like you need a new implant, I can fix it. And I'll make sure you never have this sort of problem again. I promise you that." She said, "Do you know anything about the ship's Doctor? I haven't seen them around, or been to the med bay."

"I actually haven't seen the on-ship doctors," she replied as she stood up, stretching out what little sleep remained, "but I guess we have to go get this fixed up... Sorry for having to make you repair it, even though I can calibrate cannons and improve a ship's combat efficiency ten fold I'm bad with electronics..."
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri May 13, 2016 4:58 am

Akina Koizumi

"You're not making me repair it. That would imply I have no choice. I offered my help, you accepted it, therefore I am repairing your implant for you out of my own choice." Akina stated as she walked with Izumi, "As for the doctors, how bad can they be right? Everyone I've met so far on this ship is friendly.... Except maybe David, I still don't understand why he is so hostile towards me just because I have talent."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Fri May 13, 2016 5:57 am

Kuhlfros wrote:Alexander entered the mess hall fully dressed in uniform of an officer and prepared for the day as he was scrolling through a tablet he had in one hand, he glanced up to the people in the room and said

"Good morning, Commander Alexander Blaire, I look forward to working with you all, now then, mind pointing me to the coffee?"

He yawned and smiled drowsily to those in the room, but his eyes shot back and forth, getting his first impressions and assumptions of his fellow crew-members in the mess hall before sitting down with a cup of steaming hot, black, coffee

Joseph had decided to get something to eat before he approached the others. He took a seat acriloss from the Commander. "Good Morning Skipper, sorry about not introducing myself earlier, been reading dossiers on the crew and hazards in the area. I'm Major Joseph 'Steel' Bridges, but call me Steel if you want to sir. I'm your head of security and Marine Detachment." Joseph said as he took a sip of his coffee
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Fri May 13, 2016 6:38 am

Kyraina wrote:
Kuhlfros wrote:Alexander entered the mess hall fully dressed in uniform of an officer and prepared for the day as he was scrolling through a tablet he had in one hand, he glanced up to the people in the room and said

Joseph had decided to get something to eat before he approached the others. He took a seat acriloss from the Commander. "Good Morning Skipper, sorry about not introducing myself earlier, been reading dossiers on the crew and hazards in the area. I'm Major Joseph 'Steel' Bridges, but call me Steel if you want to sir. I'm your head of security and Marine Detachment." Joseph said as he took a sip of his coffee

Callum swallowed his morsel of egg and whistled from his table.

"You're very to the point, aren't you?" he laughed, and sipped his tea. He sighed with satisfaction. "You ought to loosen up, buddy!"
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Fri May 13, 2016 6:38 am

"You're not making me repair it. That would imply I have no choice. I offered my help, you accepted it, therefore I am repairing your implant for you out of my own choice." Akina stated as she walked with Izumi, "As for the doctors, how bad can they be right? Everyone I've met so far on this ship is friendly.... Except maybe David, I still don't understand why he is so hostile towards me just because I have talent."

"Everyone has their own speciality," she replied with a slight grin, "some just are jealous other people have them... So shall we get go?" She asked as she made her way to the door, "after you."
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse