NATION

PASSWORD

Shades of Bakers Street: (OOC and Sign-ups) OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Choose one (I will be gone for a week in 6 days)

Start Anowa's case (the gardener) during my absence.
60%
put the thread on hiatus till I get back.
20%
Have Charlia do something.
20%
other (suggestions are encouraged)
No votes

Total votes : 5

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Shades of Bakers Street: (OOC and Sign-ups) OPEN

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Shades of Baker Street

It has currently been around 1 and half years since the disappearance of Sherlock Holmes and Master Criminal James Moriarty. While saddened by the apparent death of his friend and comrade, Watson remained strong. He had his practice and his wife Mary; they kept him from going mad with grief. Soon after Mary became pregnant and his practice was booming, all was well for Dr. Watson. Alas this was not the same for everyone.

Scotland Yard had been swamped with many of the types of strange cases that Holmes usually solved. While Lestrade and the other members of Scotland Yard did their best it wasn’t enough. The most notable of these cases were ones that appeaered to be similar to the ones commited by Jack the ripper. Other notable cases included Apparent suicides from the Tower of London, but the cause of death was drowning. The lungs of the victims were filled with water found in old Moats, which was coincidental as all the victims were found in the dry ditch that formerly housed the moat of the Tower.

As time drug on, things took a turn for the worst, for Dr. Watson. His Wife Mary died during childbirth, with their son following soon after. This coupled with the ongoing disappearance of Holmes, Led Watson to both drink and obsess over searching for Holmes. The drinking led to him losing his practice, but he was still able to make a living and support himself through being a mobile medical practitioner of sorts, travelling throughout England ond other places to examine and occasionally help people. On many of the occasions that he did this, it was not just for money, but to follow possible leads as well.

Many at Scotland Yard still respected him for his work done with Holmes. To help an acquaintance Inspector Lestrade managed to convince Watson to both quit drinking and to help Scotland Yard. For a while Watson helped the Yard alone. As the cases piled up, Watson was swamped once more. This eventually led to Watson putting out an ad, for recruitment. The interviews and the like will take place at 221 Baker Street, Which Watson now owns fully.

Hello Fellow denizens of NS, This is a thread for anyone who would like to join an rp which takes place during the years after Holme's "Death". This was actually inspired by a Murder mystery rp i was thinking of rebooting, and i did take some elements from Irregular Occurrences By Charlia. She will be one of my Executioners (Co-OP's, though such a term is unworthy of the Great Red Queen). This rp will contain influences from many Genre's among them are: mystery, survival horror-ish, and other genres.

OP: Me, Shadowwell
Executioners(Co-OP's): Charlia

1. The word of the Op and my executioners (co-op’s) is law.

2. No god modding or anything of the like.

3. Be nice in the OOC, you can be a dick in the Ic if in your characters nature. (also keep the OOC out of the IC)

4. 3 strikes and you shall be given to the Red Queen for beheading. (exceptions may be made)

5. Max of 3 player characters, but Npc’s are unique, you can control as many as you have made, within reason, a[quote][/quote]nd the npc you post as must be relevant to the current arc/event in some way. No carbon copies of Moriarty or Holmes, some exceptions are allowed though.)

6. England is dangerous, as are those your characters will hunt and search for, your character(s) may die.

7. You must abide by the rules and guidelines. But they aren’t set in stone and may be changed to suit the whims of the higher powers.

8. Keep it PG-13, gore beyond that may be acceptable, but I don’t want to lose anyone here, to another massacre.

9. If you have read the rules put yes, it was elementary or some variation of in the appropriate portion of the app.

10. While I try to keep some things Historically accurate, not everything will be, so don’t whine if there are inconsistencies. (If you are here you shouldn’t seeing as how 221 baker street didn’t exist when the stories were first written.)

11. No one liners, I shall be lenient, however. If you can give a good explanation as to why you posted a one liner, it shall not count against you, unless you post one liners extensively.

I will not list an actual year, so that we arent constrained too much. However I am going to give a brief rundown on things you need to know. Manned flight has happened, but isn't a working mode of transportation. Automobiles are being produced, but aren't too common on London's street's. Many houses have telephones, but they are simple.

Code: Select all
 [b][u] Npc app:[/u][/b] (Delete all in Parentheses)
[b]Name: [/b] (can also include an alias or a moniker they are reffered as or by)
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b] (pic or description)
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Skills: [/b] (What they bring to the table be it hand to hand combat or deduction skills, if applicable)
[b]other:[/b](extra info)
[b]Reason: [/b] (for associating with the group)
[b]Rp example: [/b] (better choose good ones, as this can make or break your app)

[b][u] PC App[/u][/b]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b] (pic or description)
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Likes/Dislikes: [/b]
[b]Backstory: [/b] (their story)
[b]Reason: [/b] (for answering the call)
[b]Equipment: [/b] (include any weapons they might carry, or other thing.)
[b]Skills: [/b] (What they bring to the table be it hand to hand combat or deduction skills)
[b]Weaknesses: [/b] (For Moriarty it was his arrogance and underestimation of Holmes, all people have weaknesses or flaws that are exploitable list them)
[b]Rp example: [/b] (better choose good ones, as this can make or break your app, atleast three, unless I know you. Which probably applies to most who will app, if you aren’t sure ask.)
[b]other:[/b](extra info)
[b]Theme Song: [/b]
[b]Did you read the rules?: [/b]

[b][u] case app: [/u][/b](by posting one of theses you will take on the brunt of the posting for this event, and portray the character(s) involved. if it 9ins’t a crime, but some curious incident, leave MO blank)
[b]MO: [/b] (how were the victims murdered? Or the crime committed)
[b]Where: [/b] (where do the crimes happen? This doesn’t have to be London, but will be for the most part.)
[b]Curiosities: [/b] (anything overly strange or unique about the crimes?)
[hr][/hr]
Criminal App: (all the below doesn’t have to be specific, and can just be vague reports/descriptions.)
[b]Moniker: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]

PC App
Name: Doctor John H. Watson
Appearance: While of average height he is well built and carries himself like a soldier, even after these years as a doctor. Usually sports a mustache.
Personality: Gentlemanly, though has a bitter cynicism after losing his practice and family.
Likes/Dislikes: TBD
Backstory: Former Military, trained as a surgeon, fought in afghanistan for the Empire. Was married, She died as did their child.
Reason: N/A
Equipment: Old service revolver and a cane.
Skills: His intelligence, his skill with a gun and his doctors skills.
Weaknesses: Drinking and his slow methodical nature.
Rp example: I am the OP, its not needed.
other:(extra info)
Theme Song: TBD
Did you read the rules?: I wrote them

PC App
Name: Ralph Blakley
Appearance: He is tall, towering over most Londoners. Is heavily built but he also possess, a spryness that is deceptive. He has a veritable mane of shaggy black hair that frames his face and reaches his shoulders. His eyes are a deep blue like the ocean. His nose has been broken twice, but it only enhanced his features, giving him a rugged yet handsome look. If he would shave, he could be considered quite attractive. He has scars on his lower back, and others on hs torso ad faded ones on his forearms.
Personality: Pugnacious, though does not pick fights without reason.
Likes/Dislikes:
Dislikes: His former employers, and stupid criminals.
Backstory: He was born to a former aristocrats mistress who was thrown out when it was discovered she was pregnant. He didn’t have a happy early life, being born and living in White-chapel will do that to you. When he was 4 his mother was murdered, while at a brothel, for not paying a debt. The men who did that took him as payment since she was dead. As one could guess he was not treated well, he was like a punching bag to them.

Soon enough however he was able to pay them back. When he was 14-15 he went through a massive growth spurt, instead of being a gangly youth, he turned into a massive hulking and intimidating figure. He started to fight back and killed the man who had killed his mother, Instead of killing him they put him to use as a fighter. Bare-knuckle boxing, and the equivalents were illegal, but still worth it. He was a great fighter and won much for those who kept him, he also was treated slightly better.

It was when he was 17 that he met Holmes, during what would become his final fight. He knows not why Holmes decided to warn him of the intentions of his employers, but he did. His employers had decided that they were going to rig one of his fights and drugged him, to ensure they made massive amounts of money. Ralph was able to win the fight regardless, afterwards his former employers sent many thugs after him, and Ralph was heavily injured. He suffered a massive cut to his back, he was still able to kill or beat the near dozen men they sent after him.

After hearing what happened to their thugs, his employers, were rather fearful about what he would do, but he left them alone. Many of them were apprehended in a raid on their hideout, at a later date. Since then he has been doing jobs that he is good at, mostly acting as muscle. Recently when he saw the ad from Watson he decided to help. He needed the money and it would be good for him to help repay his debt to the missing Holmes through Watson.
Reason: Money and a perceived debt to Holmes.
Equipment: His body, fists and any blunt objects he can get a hold of.
Skills: His Perception (he is perceptive to people who can be a threat to him, he can tell what injuries they have and how they fight, by the way they stand among other things), fighting prowess and criminal contacts. He can also take a much larger beating than most.
Weaknesses: While capable of quick movements, he is not fast over all. He also cant fight that well against more experienced or analytical fighters. On Occasion the injury on his back acts up.
Rp example: I am the OP, its not needed.
Other:While does have a rather gruff voice, he can speak in proper English when he wants to.
Theme Song: Till I collapse
Did you read the rules?: Elementary, my dear Watson.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 12 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Story so far

Currently all the Player characters are meeting in 221 Baker Street.

Watson is getting himself ready, and is on a different floor. Ms. Hudson is showing people to the meeting room.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat May 14, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Extra stuff.

Eventually i will be placing lore and some extra stuff as well.

Chapter 1: Assembly of the crew

In the Former office of Sherlock Holmes in 221 Bake Street, Dr Watson was sitting behind a desk eying a glass of wine. Like any Englishmen he enjoyed a good glass of port or sherry, but this year of wine held sentimental value, for him, since his wife, Mary and his son had passed. He sighed and pushed the glass away as he heard a knock on the door. “Come in” he said a bit gruffly, the door opened and a brown haired young lady in a housekeeper’s uniform walked in.

She was Ms. Hudson, eldest child of Mrs. Hudson and also was her only daughter. After the Elder Hudson took sick, her daughter took over her duties out of both gratitude and the necessity for the protection working for Watson could bring. She had been involved in some bad business a few months prior to Holmes disappearance. After Holmes got her out of the mess at Mrs. Hudson’s urging, she was taught how to defend herself by both Holmes and Watson. She had an anxious look on her face which changed when she saw the glass of Wine.

A stern look crossed over her face “Doctor” she Chided “you should be getting ready for the guests not moping around.” Watson chuckled slightly before speaking in a kinder tone " All right, but i Dont think you want to be in here while i Change, so could you leave." At Watson's words her face lit up like a tomato and she hurriedly rushed from the room.

Map of Victorian London. (most accurate i could find.)
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vulkata
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata » Tue May 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Question.

Do we need to read Sherlock Holmes to understand the RP?
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
-George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.
-Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live.
-General MacArthur

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Vulkata wrote:Question.

Do we need to read Sherlock Holmes to understand the RP?

Not really, though it helps, I will link to any canon characters or cases that i reference, or you could just ask. I actually answered the same question in the interest thread.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue May 10, 2016 5:16 pm

Tag.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Sanabel wrote:Tag.

Good god, It's Jack.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue May 10, 2016 5:19 pm

App should be up tonight.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue May 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Tag.

Good god, It's Jack.

Heh. Long time, no see.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Remnants a Flaming Dawn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Tue May 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Tagging XD
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn
Due to past events I will be unable to send TGs so please do not send my any. If you need me just TG me an email address, steam account, or skype name.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue May 10, 2016 5:20 pm

PC App
Name: Isaac Barker
Age: Mid or late 30's (since ambiguous time is ambiguous)
Appearance:

Personality: If Isaac played a role in a buddy cop movie, he'd be the bad cop, not necessarily the maverick, just the one who screamed at the perp until they broke. Other than that, he's relatively friendly probably because he can vent his negative feelings against the prisoners he interrogates.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Black tea, having any form of 'Eureka' moment, the works of John Moses Browning, the works of Joseph Lister.
Dislikes: Rapscallions, useless nobles, lazy factory workers, up their own arse criminals, and oblivious detectives.
Backstory: Born in the City of Bristol to a duo of Industrial workers, Isaac never knew his mother, having died in childbirth. His father was in no state to raise him since he had his own job to do, and boarded Isaac out to a farming family at the age of six. He wouldn't forget the tearful face of his father for the rest of his days. He worked on the farm in relative peace -only disturbed by the punishments the foster family gave out- until the age of sixteen, in which he gave some time for the Empire in Afghanistan.

His experiences in the war made him aware of several things 1) Staying out in the open was a good way to die 2) The head and limbs were hard to hit 3) Gurkhas were fucking terrifying 4) Uncooked food and river water made your life absolute hell. These were all life lessons that Isaac took note of, and when he returned to Britain he gained a job at a tavern, while occasionally watching (and sometimes articipating in) boxing matches at a local circuit, reading up upon a man named Joseph Lister and his own experiences with dysentery gave him a new appreciation for health guidelines. His inner soldier however gave it's attention to an American man named John Moses Browning, an exquisite weapons smith and designer of the shotgun under the bar.

After a rather long and slow shift in which the biggest customers were a few bums and depressed factory workers. Isaac was absent, having gone out to receive a few dozen kegs for a restock. While he was away a few unsavory individuals gave a visit to the tavern, they proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of the Tavern's owner, Henry Blackburn. Blackburn would be forced to walk with a cane from that point on, and his son would need to pull some weight around the place the tavern, having to give up his job at a local gazette.

Seeing as how he spent nearly ten years working at the establishment, and his friendship with Blackburn and his son. Issac now sees the need to use his knowledge of firearms use and boxing to aid Scotland Yard in cleaning the streets of useless rapscallions.
Reason: His friend got crippled by late 19th century Chavs, he wants to help get rid of their ilk.
Equipment: Winchester Model 1887 (concealed beneath his long coat), a steel plate beneath his coat, cast iron knuckle dusters.
Skills: Has weapons training thanks to his time in the Imperial army, he's an amateur boxer, has an eye for general detail and patterns as he found out in Afghanistan.
Weaknesses: Tends to become to cocksure of some leads and their conclusions, a bit bloodthirsty at times, thinks intimidation is the best way to get info out of someone.
Rp example: You know exactly who I am: Mr. Apps-a-lot.
other:Has trouble reading some words, since he lacks a formal education.
Theme Song:Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture
Did you read the rules?:Yes, not that I need to at this point.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Anowa wrote: PC App
Name: Isaac Barker

Looks good, Unless Char has objections, though i do wish you had put what i said in the rules in your app, though it works fine. Also, He and Watson might know each other, maybe a passing acquaintance.
Anowa wrote:Rp example: You know exactly who I am: Mr. Apps-a-lot.

I think Faal has more characters in emergence than you do at the moment, lol.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue May 10, 2016 5:39 pm

First character RP in quite some time. I need to figure out what kind of character to make.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Sanabel wrote:First character RP in quite some time. I need to figure out what kind of character to make.

I think last time i saw you was in AOHAV, or maybe one of the ones after that. Still around 6 or so months. I saw CC a couple weeks back adn my reaction was close to the same.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue May 10, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miraaki
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miraaki » Tue May 10, 2016 5:49 pm

I half expected this to be a random crossover between 50 Shades of Grey and Sherlock Holmes.
P2TMs Cuddly Trap
Formerly Mirakai. Fucked up and got DEATed

Vulkata
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata » Tue May 10, 2016 5:51 pm

If that happens there's going to be lot of BDSM here plus weird ass kinky crap
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
-George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.
-Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live.
-General MacArthur

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Miraaki wrote:I half expected this to be a random crossover between 50 Shades of Grey and Sherlock Holmes.

You would.
Maybe next time, though i think every member would suffer the fate of Annihilation, lol.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue May 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Sanabel wrote:First character RP in quite some time. I need to figure out what kind of character to make.

I think last time i saw you was in AOHAV, or maybe one of the ones after that. Still around 6 or so months. I saw CC a couple weeks back adn my reaction was close to the same.

I pretty much stopped doing character RPs.

Anyway, any ideas for a character?

Miraaki
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miraaki » Tue May 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Vulkata wrote:If that happens there's going to be lot of BDSM here plus weird ass kinky crap

Thats exactly the kind of stuff I love
P2TMs Cuddly Trap
Formerly Mirakai. Fucked up and got DEATed

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Miraaki wrote:
Vulkata wrote:If that happens there's going to be lot of BDSM here plus weird ass kinky crap

Thats exactly the kind of stuff I love

In all seriousness though, Victorian Englanders were into all sorts of wierd crap, that was the basis for many now days things, anyways, lets drop this before we get warned.

Sanabel wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

I pretty much stopped doing character RPs.

Anyway, any ideas for a character?

Well so far we got 2 physical characters maybe a smarter more analytical character?

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Tue May 10, 2016 6:36 pm

PC App
Name: James Cooper
Appearance: Image
Personality: James feels a very great need to prove his redemption to himself and to others. His eagerness leads him to act as a protector to others and to act rashly and without regard to his own safety.
Likes/Dislikes:
    • Theater
    • Boxing
    • Alice Lovett
  • Dislikes
    • His Own Past
    • Prudishness of Victorian Society
Backstory:
    To Doctor John Watson

I know of your association with the constabulary and the inestimable Mr. Holmes by means other than your chronicles in the Strand Magazine. I also know of the workings of the malevolent Professor James Moriarty by other means. I will not make apology for how I came to learn of the man, for I was an urchin at the time. I cannot say what it was that made him take me in, though from what I know of his character today I cannot believe it was out of any sense of charity. Indeed, it is likely that, given what today I know of the Professor Moriarty, he had always intended to make use of me in the ways he did.

The Professor saw to my education, ensured that I could at all times present myself as a proper gentleman. At the same time, he ensured I never forgot my cockney heritage. And so it was that the Professor crafted me to be a chameleon within his stable. He would give me odd jobs to earn allowance, carrying messages or following others. I recall in 1881, I was made to deliver a box of pills to a man. It would not be until years later after reading an old copy of the Strand Magazine given to me by Alice that I learned of the true purpose of my delivery. Some years after that I had what I did not know at the time the distinct pleasure of discretely observing you and Mr. Holmes as you foiled the the venomous plot of Doctor Grimesby Roylott against his step-daughter Helen Stoner. These are lesser sins than those more ghastly things that I did under Professor Moriarty’s orders.

I know my history will make my offer of aid suspect, which is why I preface myself with it. It would forever shatter any possibility of trust amongst us if I were to attempt concealment. Know that I have come to regret the things that I have done under the Professor and it is therefore my responsibility to right them. I trust in your faith, Doctor Watson, and that you will not report my identity to Inspector Lestrade. His duty would be to immediately arrest me, an act for which I could not fault the man but would bring to a permanent end to any ability for myself to find my redemption.

With Sincere Regards,
    James Cooper
Reason: Redemption
Equipment:
  • Revolver
  • Disguise kit and wardrobe
  • The Strand Magazine collection (Property of Alice Lovett)
Skills:
  • Chameleon - James Cooper has Holmes own skill for disguises, able to blend into any surrounding or social setting.
  • Physical - James Cooper has spent years running across London doing jobs for Professor Moriarty, occasionally getting into fist fights with those who have gotten in his way.
  • Criminal Background - As a result of criminal past, James is knowledgeable about the extensive criminal underbelly of London.
Weaknesses:
  • Criminal Background - As a result of his criminal past, James is uncomfortable around the constabulary and lives in fear of being confronted by a past victim and some friendly neighborhood policemen.
  • Lady Love in Whitechapel - James is deeply involved with a prostitute in Whitechapel name Alice Lovett. It is an impropriety that is completely forbidden in the gentle society in which James more frequently moves through. It further provides a pressure point that can be used against him by more nefarious types. He has been quite worried about her due to the series of murders that have occurred in Whitechapel attributed to the phantasmal Jack the Ripper.
Rp example: Other:TBD
Theme Song: Murdoch Mysteries: Opening Theme
Did you read the rules?: You know, “Elementary, my dear Watson” was never spoken in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s writing, but instead in an Agatha Christie novel published in 1922.
Last edited by House of Judah on Thu May 12, 2016 6:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm

House of Judah wrote:You know, “Elementary, my dear Watson” was never spoken in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s writing, but instead in an Agatha Christie novel published in 1922.

The IC isn't even up and I'm already learning things.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 pm

App's looking good so far, Judah. I do know that it was never used as one phrase, but Holmes said my dear Watson and elementary often, separately.

Anowa wrote:
House of Judah wrote:You know, “Elementary, my dear Watson” was never spoken in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s writing, but instead in an Agatha Christie novel published in 1922.

The IC isn't even up and I'm already learning things.

Holmes was addicted to cocaine, as it sharpened his senses, and he often partook of opium.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Shadowwell wrote:App's looking good so far, Judah. I do know that it was never used as one phrase, but Holmes said my dear Watson and elementary often, separately.

Anowa wrote:The IC isn't even up and I'm already learning things.

Holmes was addicted to cocaine, as it sharpened his senses, and he often partook of opium.

Huh... The turn of the century was a much different time.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Tue May 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Shadowwell wrote:App's looking good so far, Judah. I do know that it was never used as one phrase, but Holmes said my dear Watson and elementary often, separately.

Anowa wrote:The IC isn't even up and I'm already learning things.

"My dear Watson" was said occasionally at best, but "Elementary" is one of Holmes's favorite way to describe one of his deductions.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse