NATION

PASSWORD

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Avengers Academy (Superhero RP|OOC|Semi-Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Tue May 10, 2016 9:31 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:Name: Christina Amsel
Appearance: http://pm1.narvii.com/5809/14ccc85f53e6 ... bf9_hq.jpg
Skills/Hobbies: Skilled marksmen with bolt action rifles and pistols, minimal CQB and survival training. Fluent in both German and English. Excellent tactician and planner, as well as a great mathematician. Off duty hobbies are chess, violin, and reading.
Weaknesses Is often too dependent on plans and order. This leads to a inability to adapt to outside factors and other unknowns. In addition she is a very arrogant individual who does not take criticism well.
Equipment: Modified DSR-1 sniper rifle, Glock 23 pistol, standard SHIELD tactical uniform with ballistic Vest.
Codename/Alias?: Jaeger
Biography:
Christina Has always been more of a loner, even as a kid growing up in the Bavarian Alps. For most of her childhood she tried her best to avoid her classmates unless she had to work on a group project. The only subject she really like was math, a subject she quickly excelled in. Most other class she did alright in and while not the most athletic individual she could hold her own during gym.

After completing high school Christina opted to join the Bundespolizei at the age of 18 before transferring to GSG 9 three years later. While she had one of the best marksmanship scores in the groups history, questions were raised during her phsycological examination over her anti-social tendencies. Never the less she passed and at the age of 22 became a full member of the unit. During her time in the GSG 9 she participated in operations of the coast of Somalia as well as Direct Action and Hostage Rescue missions In Europe. With the announcement of the new Avengers Academy, Christina was seconded to Shield by GSG 9 after being requested by the former.

Do you agree to Da Rules?!: yes
Shield ID Badge: couldn't transfer it over on my computer
Leave this: 227

I imagine that those pigtails serve a tactical purpose, yes?
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Meritocratic Conglomerate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic Conglomerate » Tue May 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Meritocratic Conglomerate wrote:
Well gems by the nature of their structure are diamond there are going to be a lot of cleavage points where they can get cut easy, so lots of weapons. Plus gems are really brittle material that don't distribute force at all. So if you got hit hard enough parts of you would shatter or crack easy because all that force would be concentrated rather then spread out if you were organic.

to be fair it just says gem like substance, so the flaws wouldnt necessarily apply.

What does 'gem-like' mean though? Are you saying it just resembles a gem, aesthetically. Or do you mean physically its similar to the structure of one. Like how plastic can be 'glass-like' because it's transparent and such, but not actually glass.

It depends on what kind of 'gems' he's using. Since they really do vary. I guess if he were partly made of semi-precious stone like lapis, or something more organic like jet then he'd be able to diffuse force.
"I have a huge army"
"Why would anyone need a huge army?"
"To secure resources to fund my huge army"
~ Blank~
~Blank~
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC−5:00)
"I know you don't," Yang cooed, "and that's what makes you so special." Too many friendships torn asunder by emotions, by anger and jealousy. The world should have rejoiced at the mere sight of her beautiful sister, yet life was never that generous. The cruel prospered, the kind went unthanked.

New Jedi Knights Order
Civilian

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jedi Knights Order » Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Shadowwell wrote:to be fair it just says gem like substance, so the flaws wouldnt necessarily apply.

What does 'gem-like' mean though? Are you saying it just resembles a gem, aesthetically. Or do you mean physically its similar to the structure of one. Like how plastic can be 'glass-like' because it's transparent and such, but not actually glass.

It depends on what kind of 'gems' he's using. Since they really do vary. I guess if he were partly made of semi-precious stone like lapis, or something more organic like jet then he'd be able to diffuse force.

He's a mate of mine. He said its gem like in the sense it looks like it but it isn't.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Tue May 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Esselman wrote:
Prolieum wrote:Just noticed the "Weakness" section, edited that into my app, though I already had them mostly listed in powers/abilities. You may want to add a "Personality" section.

Noted and added!

For weakness, added rubber/silicon, grounding on ground rods/someone "hijacking" his electric attacks/generation, and powerful magnetic fields.

Unstated weaknesses would be things like, he's not immune to magic, mind attacks, and such, goes without saying.

For personality, Titan is an archetypal heroic figure.

Shadowwell wrote:to be fair it just says gem like substance, so the flaws wouldnt necessarily apply.

clearly it's magical gems that absorbs kinetic energy, stores it, and releases it in attacks

(Though I say that sarcastically, it does sound like a neat idea)
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue May 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Skills/Hobbies: Skilled marksmen with bolt action rifles and pistols, minimal CQB and survival training. Fluent in both German and English. Excellent tactician and planner, as well as a great mathematician. Off duty hobbies are chess, violin, and reading.
Weaknesses Is often too dependent on plans and order. This leads to a inability to adapt to outside factors and other unknowns. In addition she is a very arrogant individual who does not take criticism well.
Equipment: Modified DSR-1 sniper rifle, Glock 23 pistol, standard SHIELD tactical uniform with ballistic Vest.
Biography:
Christina Has always been more of a loner, even as a kid growing up in the Bavarian Alps. For most of her childhood she tried her best to avoid her classmates unless she had to work on a group project. The only subject she really like was math, a subject she quickly excelled in. Most other class she did alright in and while not the most athletic individual she could hold her own during gym.

After completing high school Christina opted to join the Bundespolizei at the age of 18 before transferring to GSG 9 three years later. While she had one of the best marksmanship scores in the groups history, questions were raised during her phsycological examination over her anti-social tendencies. Never the less she passed and at the age of 22 became a full member of the unit. During her time in the GSG 9 she participated in operations of the coast of Somalia as well as Direct Action and Hostage Rescue missions In Europe. With the announcement of the new Avengers Academy, Christina was seconded to Shield by GSG 9 after being requested by the former.

Hey, another agent/adult! And a Fritz too, should have some fun with my Frenchie.
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue May 10, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Tue May 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Biography:

Hey, another agent/adult! And a Fritz too, should have some fun with my Frenchie.

Im Russian ( sort of ), all we need is a limey and an Italian and we can have super powered WW2 reenactments.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue May 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

Im Russian ( sort of ), all we need is a limey and an Italian and we can have super powered WW2 reenactments.

Unfortunately, both the Nazi and the Coward lack superpowers.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Tue May 10, 2016 10:00 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Oh no - * cracks knuckles* Wouldn't want it to be unfair now would we?

Barikistan
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Barikistan » Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm thinking of having my guy go rogue at one point.
The world is going to end and 90 percent of people wil perish. Copy and past this if your the 1 percent that will ride your car though the waste lands.

a zombie invasion 96% of people would turn, copy and paste this into your sig if your one of the 1% that would look for a twinkie.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue May 10, 2016 10:10 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Well, the Frenchie can kill you from fifty thousand feet up and one hundred and fifty miles away-so I think we are game.
Male.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Tue May 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Well, the Frenchie can kill you from fifty thousand feet up and one hundred and fifty miles away-so I think we are game.

What does she do again?

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Tue May 10, 2016 10:15 pm

never mind, I just read ( and laughed ). You would need a plane to be off the ground in order to kill me - and even then, I probably won't stay dead

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue May 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:never mind, I just read ( and laughed ). You would need a plane to be off the ground in order to kill me - and even then, I probably won't stay dead

Yeah, plus air-to-ground weaponry has a much shorter range than the Meteor, so you would have to be floating in the air as well.

Still, she can do loop-de-loops!
Male.

Meritocratic Conglomerate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

App

Postby Meritocratic Conglomerate » Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Name: Hudson Owens

Alias/Designation: Heatwave

Personality:
Hudson leans on the introvert side of things. Preferring to deal with machines and fiction over the complexities of real life and other people. Pragmatic and utilitarian Hudson doesn't care much for aesthetics or looks if there's a more functional alternative, as shown by his wardrobe and method of fighting.
Intelligent and analytical Hudson can come off as a quite, reserved kid. In actuality that's just him getting lost in his thoughts, his mind constantly trying to put things together and then pulling them apart again. He's really a much more open and social individual. Although Generally keeping to himself either way Hudson is known for being very objective based, his goal focused mentality sometimes giving him tunnel vision despite his intelligence.

Appearance: Link to Image. It's a reimagine of ‘Red Hood’ on Deviant Art
Standing at 6’1 and weighing 144 lb. Hudson is fairly average for a guy his age. Although his rather strenuous lifestyle has kept him physically fit, his dislike for junk and other "unhealthy" food, a mentality that was hammered into him by his caretaker, the owner of the orphanage, from a young age, has kept him healthy. His choice of clothing reflects his preference for dark colors and utility over aesthetics.
A dark grey jacket over a thin navy blue hoodie, beige khakis held up by a brown belt, and blue running shoes. He carries around a black wrist watch, G-Shock. Physically he has black hair and brownish skin, reflecting his Anglo-Hispanic background, and light brown eyes.
He carries his father’s old costume, having replaced the aging ceramic plates and modular ballistic plates. As well as replacing the utility belt’s armament with more non-lethal alternatives.
A bright red mask covering the front portion of his face under an equally red hoodie connected to a black jacket with red racing stripes down the sides of his arms. Underneath is a bullet resistant vest over a tight fiber weave shirt. Holding up the black-and-grey military fatigues is a utility belt. Two grey holsters on either side of him carrying two modified tasers. Black gloves with vulcanized metal knuckles and boots finish off the outfit.

Skills/Hobbies:
Aside from the aforementioned vigilante behavior Hudson mostly focuses on school. On the weekends he takes self-defense classes in order to better prepare himself for crime-fighting. He keeps an interest though in the actions of other heroes, particular heroes who use gadgets like himself. Maintaining subscriptions to several technology magazines and a couple more focused on guns and personal security. Mentally Hudson’s quite intelligent, being one of the smarter kids in his class.

Abilities/Powers:
Manifesting when he was twelve his power is a sort of vision based Heat Manipulation. Inherited from his father, York. Hudson can create and manipulate heat in objects within his vision increasing the kinetic energy of atoms, which in turn making things hotter.
His power also applies to himself in a form of Body Temperature Manipulation. Hudson can raise the temperature of himself while at the same time not feeling any harmful affects of his own heat, With this he can increase the temperature of his fist, or any part of his body to harmful or even lethal levels, while being completely unaffected by the temperature change.
A sub power of his heat based superpower is his Infared Perception. Hudson is able to perceive the infrared spectrum (i.e. temperature), allowing him to see temperature variations in objects and the environment. This ability is incredibly useful for observation purposes, as the user is able to see the heat presences of any living and non-living target.
His Utility Belt carries several light explosives and canisters. Smoke bombs and knock-out gas grenades, several canisters carrying incredibly sticky fluid. It also holds his two modified tasers, their range increased by several times, as well as stun gun. Attached to his back is a Magna Blade. A fold-up sword that can extend from two feet to four feet.

Weaknesses:
Firstly his power is limited to his own vision. For example, he may be fighting someone and using his power to heat up their weapon, if someone were to block his view or throw something to obstruct his vision of the weapon then that item would be the target of his thermal manipulation instead.
His Accuracy is determined by how well he can see his target. As such the speed he can heat an object up is lessened by things like shadows, mist, rain, even glass if it's dirty, frosted, or tinted. Basically any sort of distortion to his view of an object lowers his power's effectiveness, requiring more time than otherwise. This also applies to where something is in regards to his perspective. As things get further away from the center of his vision so does the intensity of. So things in his peripheral wouldn't get as hot as quickly versus what he's focused on.
His power requires constant viewing to grow in effectiveness. This means that he will stop pouring flames onto something if he looks away or blinks. Which also gives off a sort of strobe effect to his flames as they pop in and out of existence whenever he has to blink again. The strength of the fire he pours on is also decided by how long he can look at it, being able to melt steel only after a considerable amount of time to keep his eyes open, which would then leave a brief windows of opportunity as he waters his eyes for forcing them open for however long.
A major limitation of his powers is that he can only affect inanimate objects. He can't speed the atoms of anything living. So while he can ignite someone's clothes he can not heat up the person underneath. The same goes with plants and animals. His current theory, the same one his father had, is that his power can’t directly affect living things as a sort of safety on his power that prevents him from hurting himself with his heat.

Biography:
Hudson is the son of the infamous mercenary, York Owens, or under his alias, Heatstroke. His mother died during his conception around late 2004. York, being actively hunted down by heroes and police, was incapable of properly raising Hudson on his own. As such Hudson was entrust to the care of a local orphanage. A sizable trust fund was placed in his name in order to pay for his expenses until he was eighteen. The money having been obtained by less then legal means by Heatstroke.
Hudson’s power began manifesting when he was 12, around the same his Father’s did. The incident a fire to break out. Fortunately the orphanage was prepared for the possibility of him inheriting York’s power and the flames were quickly put out. It was then that it was explained to him the nature of his birth, and of his parents. Deciding that he didn't want to be like his father Hudson took to donning Heatstroke’s old outfit and fighting crime under the alias of ‘Heatwave’. Originally an act of defiance and rebellion against his father Hudson decided to keep at it. Enjoying the life of a crime fighter over that of a regular human. Guilt though made him take it seriously, feeling like he was partly responsible for the actions his father. Resolving to fight crime in a vain attempt to offset and balance the crimes his father had committed.

Theme Song: "Terminate" By Lamar Hall, From the RvB Season 10 OST

D&D Alignment: Neutral Good

Do you agree to Da Rules?!: Ya, da rooles ar gud. *Thumbs up *

Shield ID Badge: The Image is too big.

Last edited by Meritocratic Conglomerate on Sat May 14, 2016 3:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I have a huge army"
"Why would anyone need a huge army?"
"To secure resources to fund my huge army"
~ Blank~
~Blank~
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC−5:00)
"I know you don't," Yang cooed, "and that's what makes you so special." Too many friendships torn asunder by emotions, by anger and jealousy. The world should have rejoiced at the mere sight of her beautiful sister, yet life was never that generous. The cruel prospered, the kind went unthanked.

Egenis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Egenis » Wed May 11, 2016 3:50 am

Name: Kita, Shiori

Personality: Shiori has a simple personality: stubborn and fierce, and fears little. She shows fierce determination in her tasks and missions, and often doesn't back down without a fight. She is also hotheaded, being easily angered and often resorting to violence if her patience snaps (i.e. choking someone). This can often be used against her. Despite being stubborn, she is not reckless and impulsive. In fact she has a more mature personality and often takes time planning her operations, but of course snaps and retreats raging if her plans fall apart. She is also shown to be reserved, attentive and a quick learner, which was shown during her two periods of training with Taskmaster and Black Panther respectively. She also somehow shows concern for bargains, supermarket sales respectively, and often panics or wakes up on the wring side of the bed every time she misses a supermarket sale.

Appearance:

-Child soldier
-Special Operations Soldier
-Spy
-Assassin
-Mercenary
Skills/Hobbies:
    -Martial Arts
    -Making/Drinking Coffee
    -Working on motorcycles
    -Bartending
    -Videogames (Killzone fangirl)
    -Billiards
    -Shooting people, for money or fun
    -Choking people that's pissing her

Abilities/Powers:
Shiori is essentially a cyborg, with her entire limbs replaced by robotic limbs with artificial muscle mass. In fact she has many internal and external cybernetic implants, including most of her body muscles replaced with artificial ones and a small second heart located above her right kidney, and is 95% machine. Owing to her sheer cybernetic enhancements, she hosts a massive set of superhuman abilities including:
Camouflage-Gives her the ability to to blend in her surroundings, making her invisible in a short period of time.
Enhanced Agility, Reflexes and Speed-She also possesses enhanced agility, and combined with reflexes and superhuman speed to some degree (Top speed: 110 MPH), she is able to dodge bullets, possess reaction time greater than that of any Olympic athlete who has and will ever compete, and even run or walk on walls.
Augmented Reality Vision-Shiori is capable of seeing an augmented reality: a live, direct or indirect, view of world that includes digital elements such as information boxes regarding places. Unlike virtual reality, the digital components are added to the world as it is, rather than replacing it with an entirely new interface.
Superhuman Strength-She possesses Olympic to peak human strength and some level of superhuman strength.
Stabilization Sensors- Shiori can detect the balance of objects and throw items with pinpoint accuracy.
Sensory Array- Her body houses different sensors which allow her to pass through security such as metal detectors without setting them off. It can also shield other metallic objects from detection such as firearms and knives.
Superhuman Durability

[spoiler=Abilities]Skilled Martial Artist-Has mastered a lot of martial arts, including all forms of ninjutsu, karate and krav maga.
Skilled Marksman-She is an extremely accurate marksman. Skilled in sharpshooting and knife throwing.
Skilled Acrobat
Skilled Swordsman
Advanced Scout
Multilingual-Can speak at least 15 languages
Proficient Spy
Skilled Assassin

Weaknesses
-While immune to EMP, her cloaking abilities and augmented reality vision are negated requiring time to back up. This does not, however, blind Shiori.
-Hotheaded, can be used can against her.
-Her cloaking ability only lasts for 2 minutes, before it turns off and recharges.
-Durability has its limits, and despite able to take unusual amounts of punishment and exposure to elements like fire or lightning, her cybernetic body can be severely affected by acid.
-Suffers from PTSD
-Stubborn and fierce

Equipment:
Katana-Commonly used. Specially made with AR500 steel, sharp durable and really, really reliable. Currently broken, too.
Sai- Carries two. Commonly used and can be brought instead of A8 Machine Pistols.
A8 Machine Pistol-Twin machine pistols. Lightweight and sturdy, good for CQC situations, commonly used and can be brought instead of Sais.
Accuracy International AWM-Used only on special missions most especially assassination. Not commonly used.
Blood Moon-Heavy Rail pistol. Long range, accurate and very destructive. Always brought but rarely used, requires an eight-second charge time to fire another destructive shot.
Thunder Javelin-A polearm that functions a pike, javelin and a naginata at the same time. Uses electricity to enhance its effectiveness and can discharge electricity from the blade. Powered by a deuterium battery and a nano-fusion reactor, requires insulator gloves and is rarely used.
Mako-Twin retractable vibro-katanas. Can cut through almost anything, lightweight, sturdy, durable and just as reliable, can't be detected by metal detectors and x-rays when sneaked in. Current main weapon used by Shiori, although uses only one at a time, plus it is a rare sight of a dual-wielding Shiori.
Shurikens and Throwing Knifes- Commonly brought. Comes at all shapes, sizes, and variants.
    Shuriken Variants
    Regular Shuriken- Made of AR500 Steel, standard, lightweight and reliable shurikens. Comes as a five or four point star or as a bo-shuriken
    Explosive Shuriken-Same as Regular Shurikens, except its only available as a four point star. Also has a very powerful mini explosive charge that can possibly level buildings.
    Napalm/Fiery Shuriken- Looks like a Regular Shuriken, and comes as either stars or bo-shurikens, except that the blade is painted red. Also carries a mini napalm charge, that explodes and releases napalm at the same time. Explosion not as powerful as Explosive Shurikens.

Biography:
Shiori was born on a rainy day in Osaka, Japan. Her parents were both former SHIELD agents, Shiori was adopted by Taskmaster, who became her adopted father after Taskmaster murder the former's parents. She was taken to Myanmar, where she was brutally trained by Taskmaster inside the jungles Myanmar. There she was trained in martial arts, marksmanship, hunting, scouting and killing people. Shiori was subsequently raised as a child soldier and later fought several proxy wars in Africa and combating insurgents in Southeast Asia. On one ocassion, Shiori had witnessed Taskmaster demonstrate to her that blades were a "noble weapon" compared to guns, by slitting another soldier's throat in front of him.

Under Taskmaster, Shiori became a killing machine and proved to be a superior soldier, having more kills even than most mercenaries and soldiers and was well known for her skills with a bladed weapon, as well as her cruelty in dispatching enemies with them. At the age of 12, she taken a non-governmental organization and taken to the United States and underwent massive amounts of counseling before becoming outwardly stable. From there she was taken by DARPA, where her cerebral cortex was implanted with a high concentration of nanomachines, in order to have her function as a back-up system for an optic-neuro AI. The same nanomachines were also capable of memory manipulation by connecting or stimulating synapses, primarily nerve sections in the dormant part of the brain. In addition, Shiori was not listed under any of the United States databases (e.g. the FBI, NSA, CIA, etc.)

Shiori would grow up to suppress the memories about her terrible childhood, burying the memories of her bloody past, though she still suffered from nightmares of her past almost every night. Now living a life in the United States, Shiori joined the military where her admirable skills were at first recognized by the U.S. Navy SEALS. She however left the Navy SEALS after three years and countless operations involved after a failed SHIELD-authorized mission in Congo, where they where supposed to infiltrate an underground AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) laboratory after they Black Hawk chopper was mysteriously shot down, and none of her SEAL team survived except for her.

She was subsequently captured by AIM, where she was used as a test subject for experiments in exoskeletal enhancement surgery, during which she had her head and spine excised from his body from her neck down and subsequently grafted into an enhanced synthetic body, with some key organs transplanted in her body, namely her digestive system, both kidneys, lungs and her heart. With the help of SHIELD who raided the laboratory a month after her capture, she managed to escape from her captivity. However, the Quinjet she and her rescuers where riding where chased down by AIM aircraft. The Quintjet shrugged off the attack, but one engine was heavily damaged and crash-landed to Wakanda.

From the crash site, she was found by and met T'Challa, or better known as the Black Panther after 4 days surviving the wilderness, and was trained for one year by T'Challa himself. Returning from Wakanda, she resigned from the military, living off her life as an assassin, mercenary and a spy all at once. One of her missions resulted in obtaining intel regarding a sabotage of a Stark Expo in Manila. From there Shiori and Tony Stark foiled the attack on the expo against unknown armed terrorists. Grateful, Stark upgraded her cybernetic body and recommended her to the Avengers Academy.

D&D Alignment: Chaotic Good

Do you agree to Da Rules?!: Yes, yes of course I did read it.

Shield ID Badge: Too big 5 me

Last edited by Egenis on Sat May 21, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
UNIFIED INTER-COLONIAL SYSTEMS
Egenis not an IC name by any means
I do not use NS stats.

Waste Lands United
Secretary

Founded: Feb 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Waste Lands United » Wed May 11, 2016 3:53 am

Nice can out characters be friends. I love taskmaster.

Egenis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Egenis » Wed May 11, 2016 3:54 am

Waste Lands United wrote:Nice can out characters be friends. I love taskmaster.

Oh come on :lol2: . Why not?
UNIFIED INTER-COLONIAL SYSTEMS
Egenis not an IC name by any means
I do not use NS stats.

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Wed May 11, 2016 4:09 am

Name: Margeaux DiVenizi(pronounced Margoh De Vehnitze)
Appearance: Doesn't really look like a Martial Artist/Water Elemental, does she? That's how she gets them by surprise.
Personality: Normally calm and serene thanks to her neighbor, who trained her in martial arts and meditation.
Skills/Hobbies: Trained in various forms of martial arts, really good at keeping cool under pressure.
Abilities/Powers: Water Elemental
Weaknesses: Afraid of heights, bad with heat.
Biography: Born in New York City in the year 2000 to an Italian and a French Canadian, Margeaux lived a fairly normal life until her 13th birthday. She accidently caused the pond near her house to suddenly become the pond on top of her house, and discovered her powers. Her parents freaked out, as it turned out she had been chosen by an ancient avatar of water to carry on it's duties with it's last dying breath, and they kinda just told her "TELL NO ONE ABOUT THIS!" Her neighbor knew what had happened, he was a Shaolin Warrior Monk that had decided to live among Americans. He taught her how to control her power and her mind. He taught her Shaolin Martial Arts and the art of meditation, to let the water flow around her body and to be able to control it and her mind, to remain calm even in the face of certain death.
*Karate Kid Montage Scene*
One day, he vanished mysteriously. The house was still there, but the Monk and his possessions had disappeared. She lived out the next 2 years normally, now able to control her power, and she graduated from high school and moved on to college. She got a job and a driver's license, and lived pretty much a bland life. Then, this one day a mailman she's never seen before shows up at her doorstep and leaves behind a black box. She brings it inside and kinda leaves it alone, and it gets all weird and bent out of shape. Then, after like 2 months the Shaolin Monk who trained her shows up again INSIDE HER HOUSE, and picks up the box, places it in her arms, and says "This is your destiny. This is why I trained you." And then he left again. She doesn't want to disappoint him, so she decided to open the box, and finds a ID card and an invitation to Avengers Academy. She like, "Eh, why not." And shows up, only to find this is going to be a lot harder than normal school.
Do you agree to Da Rules?!: Yes. Why wouldn't I?
Shield ID Badge: Can't do that.
Done!
Last edited by The Greater Dutch Republic on Wed May 11, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Esselman
Minister

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Wed May 11, 2016 9:57 am

Welcome Agent Jaeger, no jaeger bombs? ACCEPTED.

Egenis wrote:Name: Kita, Shiori

Abilities/Powers:
Shiori is essentially a cyborg, with her entire limbs replaced by robotic limbs with artificial muscle mass. In fact she has many internal and external cybernetic implants, including most of her body muscles replaced with artificial ones and a small second heart located above her right kidney, and is 95% machine. Owing to her sheer cybernetic enhancements, she hosts a massive set of superhuman abilities including:
Camouflage-Gives her the ability to to blend in her surroundings, making her invisible in a short period of time.
Enhanced Combat- Before she was a cyborg she possesses superhuman levels of hand-to-hand fighting skills and excel in various forms of combat. She is also skilled with melee and ranged weapons.
Enhanced Agility, Reflexes and Speed-She also possesses enhanced agility, and combined with reflexes and superhuman speed to some degree (Top speed: 110 KPH), she is able to dodge bullets, possess reaction time greater than that of any Olympic athlete who has and will ever compete, and even run or walk on walls.
Augmented Reality Vision-Shiori is capable of seeing an augmented reality: a live, direct or indirect, view of world that includes digital elements such as information boxes regarding places. Unlike virtual reality, the digital components are added to the world as it is, rather than replacing it with an entirely new interface.
Superhuman Strength-She possesses Olympic to peak human strength and some level of superhuman strength.
Stabilization Sensors- Shiori can detect the balance of objects and throw items with pinpoint accuracy.
Sensory Array- Her body houses different sensors which allow her to pass through security such as metal detectors without setting them off. It can also shield other metallic objects from detection such as firearms and knives.
Superhuman Durability
Mechanical Regeneration-Do regenerate, Shiori has a lot of nanites in her body that can repair her if attacks that bypass her durability, successfully hit her.

Master Martial Artist-Has mastered a lot of martial arts, including all forms of ninjutsu, karate and krav maga.
Expert Marksman-She is an extremely accurate marksman. Skilled in sharpshooting and knife throwing.
Skilled Acrobat
Advanced Scout
Expert Spy
Expert Assassin

Equipment:
Katana-Commonly used. Specially made with AR500 steel, sharp durable and really, really reliable. Currently broken, too.
Sai- Carries two. Commonly used and can be brought instead of A8 Machine Pistols.
A8 Machine Pistol-Twin machine pistols. Lightweight and sturdy, good for CQC situations, commonly used and can be brought instead of Sais.
Accuracy International AWM-Used only on special missions most especially assassination. Not commonly used.
Blood Moon-Heavy Rail pistol. Long range, accurate and very destructive. Always brought but rarely used, requires an eight-second charge time to fire another destructive shot.
Thunder Javelin-A polearm that functions a pike, javelin and a naginata at the same time. Uses electricity to enhance its effectiveness and can discharge electricity from the blade. Powered by a deuterium battery and a nano-fusion reactor, requires insulator gloves and is rarely used.
Mako-Twin retractable vibro-katanas. Can cut through almost anything, lightweight, sturdy, durable and just as reliable, can't be detected by metal detectors and x-rays when sneaked in. Current main weapon used by Shiori, although uses only one at a time, plus it is a rare sight of a dual-wielding Shiori.
Shurikens and Throwing Knifes- Commonly brought. Comes at all shapes, sizes, and variants.
    Shuriken Variants
    Regular Shuriken- Made of AR500 Steel, standard, lightweight and reliable shurikens. Comes as a five or four point star or as a bo-shuriken
    Explosive Shuriken-Same as Regular Shurikens, except its only available as a four point star. Also has a very powerful mini explosive charge that can possibly level buildings.
    Napalm/Fiery Shuriken- Looks like a Regular Shuriken, and comes as either stars or bo-shurikens, except that the blade is painted red. Also carries a mini napalm charge, that explodes and releases napalm at the same time. Explosion not as powerful as Explosive Shurikens.
Milkor MGL-Rotary grenade launcher, can launch six grenades. Grenades itself come in HE, Permafrost (can freeze moving or static targets) and Napalm variants. Rarely used.
Grenade Disc Launcher- Launches an explosive disc charge that finds and homes in its target midair, then plants itself below the vehicle and detonates. Used against vehicles and used rarely as well

The grenade launcher will need to go, a bit too much combined with your numerous other abilities and weaponry so can't imagine you really need that anyway. The mechanical regeneration will need to be limited in that maybe it is a slow process, even Stark can do repairs to a limit, so there needs to be a nerf to that. Maybe even a diminishing return on it's use each time, less and less effective the more it absolutely needs to be used, beyond the cannister explanation. I do like the augmented reality item/power though so that's cool.
Also, this character has a wide reaching range of powers. I don't mind super strength but the combat can't be expert as you are being taken in as a student so you wouldn't have great experience to begin with. EMP immunity I also take issue with due to the fact that your weaknesses seem primarily emotional, which ironically make you more dangerous in a sense.

Meritocratic Conglomerate wrote:Name: Hudson Owens

Alias/Designation: Heatwave

Appearance: Link to Image. It's a reimagine of ‘Red Hood’ on Deviant Art

Will be interesting to see how the villainous father comes up if others know or don't know. ACCEPTED
Last edited by Esselman on Wed May 11, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esselman
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Wed May 11, 2016 9:59 am

Egenis - BONUS POINTS

Meritocratic Conglomerate - BONUS POINTS
Last edited by Esselman on Wed May 11, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed May 11, 2016 10:05 am

Essel, can you take a look at the power i have for my character, so far. The app isnt done, and i still have to finish the full power section, i just want to know your thoughts so far.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed May 11, 2016 10:07 am

Egenis wrote:Name: Kita, Shiori

Personality: Shiori has a simple personality: stubborn and fierce, and fears little. She shows fierce determination in her tasks and missions, and often doesn't back down without a fight. She is also hotheaded, being easily angered and often resorting to violence if her patience snaps (i.e. choking someone). This can often be used against her. Despite being stubborn, she is not reckless and impulsive. In fact she has a more mature personality and often takes time planning her operations, but of course snaps and retreats raging if her plans fall apart. She is also shown to be reserved, attentive and a quick learner, which was shown during her two periods of training with Taskmaster and Black Panther respectively. She also somehow shows concern for bargains, supermarket sales respectively, and often panics or wakes up on the wring side of the bed every time she misses a supermarket sale.

Appearance:

-Child soldier
-Special Operations Soldier
-Spy
-Assassin
-Mercenary
Skills/Hobbies:
    -Martial Arts
    -Making/Drinking Coffee
    -Working on motorcycles
    -Bartending
    -Videogames (Killzone fangirl)
    -Billiards
    -Shooting people, for money or fun
    -Choking people that's pissing her

Abilities/Powers:
Enhanced Combat- Before she was a cyborg she possesses superhuman levels of hand-to-hand fighting skills and excel in various forms of combat. She is also skilled with melee and ranged weapons.
Enhanced Agility, Reflexes and Speed-She also possesses enhanced agility, and combined with reflexes and superhuman speed to some degree (Top speed: 110 KPH), she is able to dodge bullets, possess reaction time greater than that of any Olympic athlete who has and will ever compete, and even run or walk on walls.
Superhuman Durability
Mechanical Regeneration-Do regenerate, Shiori has a lot of nanites in her body that can repair her if attacks that bypass her durability, successfully hit her.

Master Martial Artist-Has mastered a lot of martial arts, including all forms of ninjutsu, karate and krav maga.
Expert Marksman-She is an extremely accurate marksman. Skilled in sharpshooting and knife throwing.
Skilled Acrobat
Advanced Scout
Expert Spy
Expert Assassin

Weaknesses
-While immune to EMP, her cloaking abilities and augmented reality vision are negated requiring time to back up. This does not, however, blind Shiori.
-Hotheaded, can be used can against her.
-Her cloaking ability only lasts for 2 minutes, before it turns off and recharges.
-Durability has its limits, and despite able to take unusual amounts of punishment and exposure to elements like fire or lightning, her cybernetic body can be severely affected by acid.
-Nanites in her body do not self replicate, the reason why she has so many of them in her body and often require to use a nanite canister to refill her nanites. Nanites can also be depleted over time, especially when Shiori has sustained massive amounts of damage in her body, and usually take time to fully repair.
-Suffers from PTSD
-Stubborn and fierce

Equipment:
    Shuriken Variants
Milkor MGL-Rotary grenade launcher, can launch six grenades. Grenades itself come in HE, Permafrost (can freeze moving or static targets) and Napalm variants. Rarely used.
Grenade Disc Launcher- Launches an explosive disc charge that finds and homes in its target midair, then plants itself below the vehicle and detonates. Used against vehicles and used rarely as well

Biography:
Shiori was born on a rainy day in Osaka, Japan. Her parents were both former SHIELD agents, Shiori was adopted by Taskmaster, who became her adopted father after Taskmaster murder the former's parents. She was taken to Myanmar, where she was brutally trained by Taskmaster inside the jungles Myanmar. There she was trained in martial arts, marksmanship, hunting, scouting and killing people. Shiori was subsequently raised as a child soldier and later fought several proxy wars in Africa and combating insurgents in Southeast Asia. On one ocassion, Shiori had witnessed Taskmaster demonstrate to her that blades were a "noble weapon" compared to guns, by slitting another soldier's throat in front of him.

Under Taskmaster, Shiori became a killing machine and proved to be a superior soldier, having more kills even than most mercenaries and soldiers and was well known for her skills with a bladed weapon, as well as her cruelty in dispatching enemies with them. At the age of 12, she taken a non-governmental organization and taken to the United States and underwent massive amounts of counseling before becoming outwardly stable. From there she was taken by DARPA, where her cerebral cortex was implanted with a high concentration of nanomachines, in order to have her function as a back-up system for an optic-neuro AI. The same nanomachines were also capable of memory manipulation by connecting or stimulating synapses, primarily nerve sections in the dormant part of the brain. In addition, Shiori was not listed under any of the United States databases (e.g. the FBI, NSA, CIA, etc.)

Shiori would grow up to suppress the memories about her terrible childhood, burying the memories of her bloody past, though she still suffered from nightmares of her past almost every night. Now living a life in the United States, Shiori joined the military where her admirable skills were at first recognized by the U.S. Navy SEALS. She however left the Navy SEALS after three years and countless operations involved after a failed SHIELD-authorized mission in Congo, where they where supposed to infiltrate an underground AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) laboratory after they Black Hawk chopper was mysteriously shot down, and none of her SEAL team survived except for her.

She was subsequently captured by AIM, where she was used as a test subject for experiments in exoskeletal enhancement surgery, during which she had her head and spine excised from his body from her neck down and subsequently grafted into an enhanced synthetic body, with some key organs transplanted in her body, namely her digestive system, both kidneys, lungs and her heart. With the help of SHIELD who raided the laboratory a month after her capture, she managed to escape from her captivity. However, the Quinjet she and her rescuers where riding where chased down by AIM aircraft. The Quintjet shrugged off the attack, but one engine was heavily damaged and crash-landed to Wakanda.

From the crash site, she was found by and met T'Challa, or better known as the Black Panther after 4 days surviving the wilderness, and was trained for one year by T'Challa himself. Returning from Wakanda, she resigned from the military, living off her life as an assassin, mercenary and a spy all at once. One of her missions resulted in obtaining intel regarding a sabotage of a Stark Expo in Manila. From there Shiori and Tony Stark foiled the attack on the expo against unknown armed terrorists. Grateful, Stark upgraded her cybernetic body and recommended her to the Avengers Academy.

D&D Alignment: Chaotic Good

Do you agree to Da Rules?!: Yes, yes of course I did read it.

Shield ID Badge: Too big 5 me

That is... a lot of power...

Her only real weakness seems to be PTSD, with the others just being "she has this awesome ability, but there is a bit to it that makes it slightly less awesome"

It is full-on Batman, but superhuman, with an Iron Man suit, and future-tech guns.
Last edited by Prolieum on Wed May 11, 2016 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Male.

Esselman
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Wed May 11, 2016 10:12 am

Shadowwell wrote:Essel, can you take a look at the power i have for my character, so far. The app isnt done, and i still have to finish the full power section, i just want to know your thoughts so far.

I would rather you chose a specialization of two, maybe three of the elements to work on, an elemental energy manipulation as a whole give a far reaching range of powers that I don't know how others would be able to defend against. Not to mention, and I know it's not outlined in the rules, I'd like to stray away from darkness manipulation or any dark matter for that reason.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed May 11, 2016 10:29 am

Esselman wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Essel, can you take a look at the power i have for my character, so far. The app isnt done, and i still have to finish the full power section, i just want to know your thoughts so far.

I would rather you chose a specialization of two, maybe three of the elements to work on, an elemental energy manipulation as a whole give a far reaching range of powers that I don't know how others would be able to defend against. Not to mention, and I know it's not outlined in the rules, I'd like to stray away from darkness manipulation or any dark matter for that reason.

The actual power might, but not the version that my character will possess.
I am placing this in a spoiler as it may get lengthy.
He can only use and absorb the energy of the elements i listed, and not any others, at least for a while. I would talk it over with you before i added another energy he could use, if it even gets that far. He can also only use one type of elemental energy at a time, unless they are present in his immediate environment, such as a Thunder volcano would let him use lightning and fire at the same time. He could also only absorb the energy of the elements that are natural, meaning no element that was generated by himself or anyone else can be absorbed. and if he harnesses an energy to change his body it automatically makes him weak to the opposite element as well as having psychological effects.

Can i keep the elements he has, minus darkness, if i lessen the effects of two of them?
Also can you specify how others wouldn't be able to defend against his powers?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Esselman
Minister

Ex-Nation

Avenger Roulette!

Postby Esselman » Wed May 11, 2016 10:30 am

So the plot moves forward for a story seemingly by my (and a future Co-Ops) will. To aid this and make it far less arbitrary in the process I have an idea. Now this comes about merely because in Avengers movies we often could pose the question: HOW!? How do they know that? How did they know where to go? How did they all find each other in NYC? How did the helicarrier not go off when an incoming fighter jet was fast approaching with no clearance from at least over 100 feet away? How does Cap's shield do that?!!?

All this and more, will not be answered by my solution, but it will involve more of you in moving the plot along so we can all feel included. Too many RP's with large groups have people getting left out or unsure of how to jump in to the action late or otherwise. So introducing....

AVENGER ROULETTE!

That's right, come one come all, to the Random Thingy Picker! every couple of posts or so those who have posted in the IC will get their names entered into this generator and the name that comes out wins!

What do they win you ask, your eyes full of wonder. They win a plot device:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Plot-Device-Red-Giant-Viral-Video_1727.jpg

That's right, by gaining this, I will personally TG you something you and you alone can use to advance or completely destroy my plans for the plot.

This is odd, this is madness, this could be cool! All correct, possibly all wrong.

These devices range from Items, Marvel cannon character interactions, to things only you will know and can prove I gave you via TG.

Questions? Don't worry I will answer and will link this in the OP!
Last edited by Esselman on Wed May 11, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse