NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:53 pm

"You're cute," Eve responded simply to Oliver. "Really cute. You know that? Low-sphere demon. Child, I'm not something you can classify so easily as that. And if you think you can just kill me so easily, well, you're very silly."

Two red eyes blinked into appearance, one of them glowing much brighter than the other. "See? I'm good at keeping myself nice and healthy. And in case one of you feels like bringing up the state I left poor, dear Hikari-chan in, she wasn't my main host. In case you're interested in knowing--especially you, Henry dear, I know how concerned you were about the poor girl with that whole attempted suicide thing, I'd say I'm sorry for it but I'm not--she's essentially dead now, but I'll kill the shell when I'm done here anyway."

A thin smile, and then the rest of the girl appeared, Katelyn's spear conspicuously absent. "Where's dear Professor Ruta? I want to fight him, as well," she demanded, folding her arms. "And isn't it a little bit stupid to try and face me without your Jaegars? Isn't it their job to kill creatures like me? Other than Oliver here, none of you are really qualified to stand against me. And even he's just a child. And one of you--one of you should really be on my side!" She started laughing uproariously, clearly enjoying herself. "Even if I did make dear, sweet Katelyn see you as an enemy, you're more like me than you are like them anyway, aren't you? Even if we are on two different levels, you're much closer to mine than you are to theirs. So come on, Rabbit dear. Join me. Don't you want to see the girl who tried to make everyone hate you suffer and die? You can't possibly want to save her. Even if you do somehow manage to defeat me, though, trying to save her is useless, you know? Oh, no. I'm not going to allow you to separate us. You couldn't even if I wanted you to. I'm bound to her soul now. She's past a cure, you see? Terminal condition--get rid of one and you kill the other. Technically, we're not even two entities now... I am one single being, and you won't divide me. There's only one of me. I like it that way. It's going to stay that way." She smirked. "So. Since there's no hope of getting rid of me, unless you feel like brutally murdering what you seem to consider an innocent girl, why not just give up now? It'll save you so much pain later. And trust me, even if you do decide to throw away what morals you have and get rid of us both, it won't end. There will still be pain. Just give up... or bring out your Jaegars and make yourselves worth fighting!"

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Dominique Corleone

Seeing the sight of the spears coming towards him, he remembered his ordeal with Hikari and the damage that she inflicted into him; this time he prepared himself for an assault onto him. As the spears came flying towards him, Dominique brought his hand up and swiped the air around him. Suddenly, vines and foliage appeared from the ground and shot up in front of his face. And then, they absorbed the spears as if they remained buried inside of the mass of green only for it to collapse and sink below the ground once more. Grunting to himself, he focused more on what was happening in front of him rather than what was happening to everyone else. He heard Henry cry out to Rabbit and saw him run over to him in the corner of his eye. He knew that he was injured. But that was taken off guard as around them, the sight of dozens of trees appeared to have been decimated to nothing but their tree stumps.

"Hm. For a guy who says he cares for this forest, you sure don't prove it." He said jocularly as he saw everyone around him formed their weapons. It was rather unconventional to him for him to create things such as swords and spears given the modern technology that was laid out for them. But given that what he really preferred was hiding somewhere in his room that's being "guarded" by a woolly-haired chocolate lab. So instead, he himself used the remaining metal that was left over from Oliver's little trick and allowed it to levitate off the ground and as he did with his orbs, he snapped his fingers and made a swiping motion in the air as the metal began to twist and deform into the shape of a small sword similar to that of a dagger or something a little bigger. It was irregular, but it could have still get the job done if needed.

Running his hand over the entire thing, the newly formed weapon began to give off a soft rose-colored hue as he learned the art of enchantment relatively easily after months of practice. He held its handle in his hand firmly and looked around the area around it. Waving his hand high above the treetops, he made the trees around them in a rather half a mile radius slowly bend to the side of them to the point where they were at an abnormal angle that made it look as though the trunks were made of rubber or something similar to that; the trees angling allowed for a more clear and easier view of wherever there were trying to find. "There. Now hopefully this is a better alternative to just destroying the forest even more than what it already is." He smirked as he yawned in tiredness. He knew that a good long nap was in order after this entire ordeal.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Charlia wrote:"You're cute," Eve responded simply to Oliver. "Really cute. You know that? Low-sphere demon. Child, I'm not something you can classify so easily as that. And if you think you can just kill me so easily, well, you're very silly."

Two red eyes blinked into appearance, one of them glowing much brighter than the other. "See? I'm good at keeping myself nice and healthy. And in case one of you feels like bringing up the state I left poor, dear Hikari-chan in, she wasn't my main host. In case you're interested in knowing--especially you, Henry dear, I know how concerned you were about the poor girl with that whole attempted suicide thing, I'd say I'm sorry for it but I'm not--she's essentially dead now, but I'll kill the shell when I'm done here anyway."

A thin smile, and then the rest of the girl appeared, Katelyn's spear conspicuously absent. "Where's dear Professor Ruta? I want to fight him, as well," she demanded, folding her arms. "And isn't it a little bit stupid to try and face me without your Jaegars? Isn't it their job to kill creatures like me? Other than Oliver here, none of you are really qualified to stand against me. And even he's just a child. And one of you--one of you should really be on my side!" She started laughing uproariously, clearly enjoying herself. "Even if I did make dear, sweet Katelyn see you as an enemy, you're more like me than you are like them anyway, aren't you? Even if we are on two different levels, you're much closer to mine than you are to theirs. So come on, Rabbit dear. Join me. Don't you want to see the girl who tried to make everyone hate you suffer and die? You can't possibly want to save her. Even if you do somehow manage to defeat me, though, trying to save her is useless, you know? Oh, no. I'm not going to allow you to separate us. You couldn't even if I wanted you to. I'm bound to her soul now. She's past a cure, you see? Terminal condition--get rid of one and you kill the other. Technically, we're not even two entities now... I am one single being, and you won't divide me. There's only one of me. I like it that way. It's going to stay that way." She smirked. "So. Since there's no hope of getting rid of me, unless you feel like brutally murdering what you seem to consider an innocent girl, why not just give up now? It'll save you so much pain later. And trust me, even if you do decide to throw away what morals you have and get rid of us both, it won't end. There will still be pain. Just give up... or bring out your Jaegars and make yourselves worth fighting!"

Rabbit stared at "Eve" as she spoke. She insisted that Katelyn and Hikari were both essentially dead, and that everyone's efforts to save them were hopeless. The demon sought once again to feel everyone with despair, and since Katelyn was standing right in front of them now, she sought to demonstrate physically that they were indeed inseparable. Then the demon asked Rabbit to join her. This idea actually made the Dark Mana Being chuckle, even as the chuckling made his heart hurt. Putting a hand over the stinging wound, he answered, "...I must say, dear...you don't know me at all...Not even a slight bit...You are a child, a mere chick who has just hatched from an egg...You see the world around you and you believe it is yours..."

The laughter then continued, a little more loudly. A mix of exhaustion, and the thrill that came to any Dark Mana Being when they had finally caught their prey, caused Rabbit to shake from laughter, and he hugged his body with his bad arm, while putting a hand over his masked face with his good arm. After a few rather ominous moments, he continued. "...Yes, you truly do act like a small child, don't you? And as many children do on the schoolground, you mock the things you do not understand...Sweet, naive, innocent little Eve. Let me explain to you...pain is not merely something that is created...pain is. Despair is. Death is. They cannot be grasped by someone so...full of themselves, so...childishly captivated by their own power. Make no mistake, little girl: tonight, that innocent captivation will be destroyed, and we will tear you from the girl if we must..." he declared, with an almost-gleeful tone. This demon had caused him so much stress and anger, and it had put his students and his entire school in danger. He would be more than happy to cause it eternal suffering.

After a moment or so, he seemed to calm himself, and spoke gently-but-firmly to his students, showing an almost-dissonent serenity as he prepared to fight. "...Oliver. Block her exit. Dominique. Block her front. Catherine, you and Erebus block her on each side. Henry. Assault her so that she cannot attack. Once all of this is done, we can exorcise her. Do not let her escape. Understood?" he ordered. He himself held his broadsword ready, in case he was needed to help block her.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Charlia wrote:"You're cute," Eve responded simply to Oliver. "Really cute. You know that? Low-sphere demon. Child, I'm not something you can classify so easily as that. And if you think you can just kill me so easily, well, you're very silly."

Once the girl appeared, Oliver winced back a bit and listened to her speech calmly.

"Well... That's great and all, but I don't have the problem of mercy here. I hardly know anyone here.
And since you clarified it so well that no one needed to hold back their blows... I won't either, especially now that I don't have to bother about worsening the problem you made.
It's needless bloodshed again but honestly..." He paused, taking his spear into a throwing stance, he sent it hurling towards her.
"I'd be a hypocrite if I said it meant anything to me."

The throw was noticeably faster than a regular human's, thanks to the effect of his oath and his metal manipulation, however he knew that staying away from his weapon for too long would bring side effects.
Rather undesirable ones too.
As soon as it hit either his foe, or the ground, he'd make it come back, however, it'd change. And it would be plain for all to see.

It was then that Dominique spoke about his love of the forest, then followed Rabbit's speech.

"I've had enough of this heathen, I had to bring it out of its hiding place. Plus it helps us contain her, helps Rabbit's plan too. It also helps me pull some moves too without hurting the forest too much." He answered briefly before a chain started to appear around his arm. It sparked with electricity.

The reason for why Oliver was able to do all that was quite simple.
It all had to do with his Major blood ranking, those of major blood within his family had the ability to use Balder's spells, weapons, relics and techniques through one technique of their own.
One that they called Blood Inheritance.
Blood inheritance functioned through the latent compatibility with their ancestor, needless to say, that compatibility decreased sharply over the last millennia.
Once activated through a set of oaths, it progressively brought all of the mana within the user to a state of overdrive, whereas one would be proud of using 100%, Blood Inheritance would kick it up to 200%+.
In that state, major bloods can use anything that Balder made, or helped making.
Spells such as Caledfwlch and weapons such as Oliver's Gae Bolg are part of those.
However, they can only use spells that are within their power set. While they can go against that rule, it isn't advised, as the user will inevitably die.
When in this state however, the user finds himself stronger and more resistant, both physically and mentally.

However, there is a rule that all follow no matter if they like it or not. Once that state runs out, they cannot fight for twenty four hours, and if the user is not treated within an hour of the end of the spell, they will suffer a potentially fatal fatigue.
And Oliver knew it damn well, he'd have to watch out for it, but there was no telling when it could happen.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Hestia's enchantment of Haste had come in quite handy, as she moved at a fast pace towards Rabbit and her colleagues, who had hopefully located the problem child and would be able to put this entire issue to rest soon. It was as Hestia came closer to Rabbit and the others that she realized they were in the heat of handling the student, and so she purposely slowed down to examine the situation.

"...Oliver. Block her exit. Dominique. Block her front. Catherine, you and Erebus block her on each side. Henry. Assault her so that she cannot attack. Once all of this is done, we can exorcise her. Do not let her escape. Understood?" So it seemed as though Rabbit had a plan after all. Good, she would back him up in whatever role was required, and make sure everyone was safe for the time being. After all, this was a professor of the esteemed Mana Academy, and her duties were to the students first and foremost.

"I apologize for the delay. The fires have been sufficiently contained on my end. I'm ready to assist". She spoke aloud to Rabbit, readying her Family Sword in both hands.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:14 am

Imperial--japan wrote:Hestia's enchantment of Haste had come in quite handy, as she moved at a fast pace towards Rabbit and her colleagues, who had hopefully located the problem child and would be able to put this entire issue to rest soon. It was as Hestia came closer to Rabbit and the others that she realized they were in the heat of handling the student, and so she purposely slowed down to examine the situation.

"...Oliver. Block her exit. Dominique. Block her front. Catherine, you and Erebus block her on each side. Henry. Assault her so that she cannot attack. Once all of this is done, we can exorcise her. Do not let her escape. Understood?" So it seemed as though Rabbit had a plan after all. Good, she would back him up in whatever role was required, and make sure everyone was safe for the time being. After all, this was a professor of the esteemed Mana Academy, and her duties were to the students first and foremost.

"I apologize for the delay. The fires have been sufficiently contained on my end. I'm ready to assist". She spoke aloud to Rabbit, readying her Family Sword in both hands.

Rabbit turned and nodded to her, continuing to press his hand over the wound in his chest. If it would stop bleeding, he could focus on breaking-down the stake, which was made of Dark Mana, into usable Mana. After all, he was running low, and while this attack was painful and had caused him significant damage, if he used it correctly he could turn it into a power-boost. In the meantime, he needed to control himself, and to keep from showing any Jaegers that may appear his dark side. Doing so would lead to questions he was not prepared to answer. Breathing shakily, he nodded to Hestia. "...Thank you, Hestia...Yes, the forest is safe, now we can focus on our final enemy...this demon..." he answered.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Serah wrote:

Once the girl appeared, Oliver winced back a bit and listened to her speech calmly.

"Well... That's great and all, but I don't have the problem of mercy here. I hardly know anyone here.
And since you clarified it so well that no one needed to hold back their blows... I won't either, especially now that I don't have to bother about worsening the problem you made.
It's needless bloodshed again but honestly..." He paused, taking his spear into a throwing stance, he sent it hurling towards her.

The throw was noticeably faster than a regular human's, thanks to the effect of his oath and his metal manipulation, however he knew that staying away from his weapon for too long would bring side effects.
As soon as it hit either his foe, or the ground, he'd make it come back, however, it'd change. And it would be plain for all to see.

It was then that Dominique spoke about his love of the forest, then followed Rabbit's speech.

"I've had enough of this heathen, I had to bring it out of its hiding place. Plus it helps us contain her, helps Rabbit's plan too. It also helps me pull some moves too without hurting the forest too much." He answered briefly before a chain started to appear around his arm. It sparked with electricity.
The spear hurtled towards the girl, who simply stayed where she was, looking as if she wasn't even paying attention, just waiting, waiting, waiting--

Until her hand shot out and wrapped around the shaft, halting its flight with its point only inches away from her skin.

"Cute."

Her grip tightened, and the shaft splintered under her hand, snapping like a dead twig as she smirked. Her hand opened, and the broken weapon fell to the ground.

"But not good enough."

The remnants of her previous attacks disintegrated, drawing back to her in streams of swirling black and making her remade eye glow even brighter than before. "You want to rip me apart? Go ahead and try. I must say, it's nice to see that dear Katelyn was right about you, though, Rabbit. You really don't care if she lives or dies, do you? And now you're going to kill her, all for the sake of proving a point that isn't even true. And I can tell from your voice that you're going to enjoy it, thinking you're killing me, thinking you're saving her. Even if I do die... it's going to be fun watching you as you realize what you've really done."

She smiled thinly, and lifted her arms. Shadowed silhouettes sprung into existence around her, each of them created for one of her opponents and one alone, each of them exactly the one person that said opponent would want to see harmed least of all.

And, as the colors filled in and the creations became more and more real, it became clear that each of them was also armed with a very, very deadly-looking weapon.

"Go ahead, now," she said flippantly, tendrils of crimson and black energy writhing around her. "If you don't care about Katelyn, well... let's see how you do against these. If you do well enough, I might even let you have the fun of a real fight!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Charlia wrote:
Serah wrote:

The spear hurtled towards the girl, who simply stayed where she was, looking as if she wasn't even paying attention, just waiting, waiting, waiting--

Until her hand shot out and wrapped around the shaft, halting its flight with its point only inches away from her skin.

"Cute."

Her grip tightened, and the shaft splintered under her hand, snapping like a dead twig as she smirked. Her hand opened, and the broken weapon fell to the ground.

"But not good enough."

The remnants of her previous attacks disintegrated, drawing back to her in streams of swirling black and making her remade eye glow even brighter than before. "You want to rip me apart? Go ahead and try. I must say, it's nice to see that dear Katelyn was right about you, though, Rabbit. You really don't care if she lives or dies, do you? And now you're going to kill her, all for the sake of proving a point that isn't even true. And I can tell from your voice that you're going to enjoy it, thinking you're killing me, thinking you're saving her. Even if I do die... it's going to be fun watching you as you realize what you've really done."

She smiled thinly, and lifted her arms. Shadowed silhouettes sprung into existence around her, each of them created for one of her opponents and one alone, each of them exactly the one person that said opponent would want to see harmed least of all.

And, as the colors filled in and the creations became more and more real, it became clear that each of them was also armed with a very, very deadly-looking weapon.

"Go ahead, now," she said flippantly, tendrils of crimson and black energy writhing around her. "If you don't care about Katelyn, well... let's see how you do against these. If you do well enough, I might even let you have the fun of a real fight!"

Rabbit stared at the figure in front of him, and his eyes widened. He wondered if anyone else could see what he saw. He grit his teeth, and he held his sword steady. "...You shield yourself behind the pain of others, just like a true demon...how...ignoble of you...And of course, how typical of a little child such as yourself...You have no other way to win, do you?" he spoke softly, as he glared at the being in front of him. He would have to destroy the silhouette in front of him, in order to reach "Eve", and he did not have much Mana left. If only his body would absorb the Dark Mana from "Eve's" stakes faster.

He then turned toward the figure in front of him, and the atmosphere around him slowly became somber. "...And that is why I will make this as quick as possible..." he whispered, only loud enough for the person in front of him to hear, "...I do not wish to harm you anymore than I already have...but I must..." With that, he shot his sword toward the figure, while summoning his rapier to defend himself with, in case the being attacked him. Though he knew it was fake, he was mentally preparing himself as though he was actually killing the person, and thus he spoke gently to them. "...It is only so the island will be safe...I hope you will understand..."
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Charlia wrote:
Serah wrote:

"Cute."

"But not good enough."

It was to be relatively expected, Oliver hadn't trained properly in four months, since he had spent that time playing retro fire emblem games and recent installations of them, along with power playing persona, which is arguably the worst possible thing to do as a student in a magic academy. But Oliver really didn't give a damn, if he wanted to play games, he'd play games, and walk his dog.
Of course, he did study, otherwise he wouldn't be there anymore.

So his spear broke, and as expected, it did change, into a terrifyingly weak monster that survived about a third of a second before poofing out of existence, in hopes of returning within the spear.
But why did his spear break then? Since it was supposedly unbreakable and no one could touch it without getting consumed by the damn thing.
Simple. Lack of training. As said before, spending four months not doing anything puts a certain hold on many abilities, even those that supposedly make you stronger than just about any common mage.
Even as a major blood, nothing is fully given.

However it didn't mean much at all, because nevermind the fact that it was broken, it was still made of metal, metal that was pulled from the earth.
And until further notice, Oliver still had the ability to control metal. His weapon would be repaired in no time. Which was the case in the few seconds that followed.
Yet in those seconds, something happened.

He saw no one.
Supposedly everyone around him were fighting reluctantly against enemies they truly did not want to hurt.
In Oliver's case... Well, he saw bloody no one.
There was no one he truly cared about enough that would warrant the wish to not hurt them, adding to that the fact that demon induced spells did not work as well on him, and you get just a void, with only sounds to help him visualize where the hell he actually was.
He could see himself, but nothing else.

"Did... Did I just go blind or something?
Hey, demon monkey, what'd you do to me, I can't see for shit." He shouted out, trying vainly to echolocate his way around.
Except he wasn't blind, and the training he had undergone back in the Hofmann estate did not exactly specify blinding spells in the year that he was over there.
Plus, it was quite long ago.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine looked at what opponent had been conjured up for her with a moment of confusion. From what the demon had said, Catherine had expected to see some figment of Aria, or maybe even Gwen. Instead she didn't recognize the woman looking at her. She was talk, with a thin but full body. Mid length black hair flowed off of her head and accentuated her angular features. Crystal clear blue eyes stared into Catherine's mismatched pair, a cold arrogance radiating from them. A long thin crimson rapier sat lazily in the woman's right hand, her alabaster fingers holding it lightly in a midguard. Still as Catherine looked her over, she couldn't recognize the figure, yet she seemed so familiar. A face just at the edge of Catherine's memory, something she didn't want to remember. As they continued to circle each other, Catherine started to realize she was staring at herself. Or what could have been her, had she just stayed out of the fray. If she had just been stronger. Catherine supposed she shouldn't be shocked, that after her experiences she cared most about herself. It hurt. Deep to her core it showed Catherine as the selfish child she was. Instead of holding others up, wish for their protection, Catherine truly cared most for herself.
So she let it happen, let the pain, the anger at the truth curdle in to a boiling see of hate. Instead of letting it linger on herself, she turned it to this fake, perfect version of her. Wind howled as the point of nothingness held in her right hand grew, air rushing to fill the point of oblivion. At the same time, the magically compressed canister of blood in her bag exploded behind her filling the air with a crimson cloud. Almost instantly her power grasped it, pulling it around her body. New false mucsles grew over her limbs, both arms now ending in razor sharp claws as she rushed at this false self. Her disconnected right arm tore downwards at the foe, screaming as smoke, dust, and ash poured into the nothing, darkening the area around it further.
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Tue May 02, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue May 02, 2017 8:46 am

The other Catherine dodged Catherine's attack, and as she turned to the real Catherine she grinned coldly. She threw back her hair-the perfect hair that had not seen combat and that glittered beautifully in the darkness-and she let out a laugh. "Poor poor little me...Oh wait...you're not me...I'm prettier than you, aren't I?...I couldn't possibly be you...but I know you wish you could be me..." She stopped laughing, and then she held her sword up. Her reflection glowed in the dark metal, and she found pleasure in seeing her opponent's terror.

"Perfect, beautiful, wonderful me. You used to be quite pretty, huh?...That was back before you actually started to love others...You know, Aria, your classmates...but ah! They're not here, are they? Just you and me...because you always just wanted to love yourself...You wanted to be happy with yourself...and yet...that never happened..." the evil Catherine whispered. Her eyes-both those which Catherine had once had-stared back at her with a satisfied look.

She then swung her sword back, and she rushed at Catherine, preparing to stab her. "Now you'll never be happy!...You tried to love yourself and that failed!...And then you tried to love others...and that failed too! So now...YOU SHOULD JUST DIE!" She swung the sword toward Catherine's heart, ready to destroy her in one blow.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

It was the moment that the blade struck home, cleanly piercing Catherine's body, a moment of clarity. Maybe I do wish I was still like that. Maybe I care most avoiding pain. Deep down I'm just a scared little girl, but my pain, and my drive to avoid it has made me stronger. This thing is truly nothing if it is a me that never went through the pain I have. It was never driven to my lust for power, never was willing to go through what I have. Shocked, Catherine looked at the twisted mirror of herself, her limbs going limp. A trickle of blood dropped down her lip. Then she smiled. With a laugh she spit the blood in her mouth at the thing's face, magic instantly turning it into a corrosive flesh eating brew. Catherine grabbed the wrist impaling her, and squeezed. False bones cracked under her enhanced strength. Her other hand came up with it's claws, the flesh of her opponents cheek effortlessly until she reached it's left eye, tearing the organ apart. Catherine leapt back, the rapier still buried in her chest Half directed at her opponent, and half at "Eve".

"If only you had pulled more than just my emotions up, if you had bothered to touch my memories you should remember just how hard I am to kill. A hole through the heart won't even slow me down. And that is the difference between me and this thing you've conjured up. I might wish I didn't have to live through what I have. But I am stronger for it. I've been where this little creature is now. I wonder, will it, could I have even moved under that much pain?"

Erebus arm moved again, diving for the false Catherine's head, her hair sucked towards it as it consumed more and more.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

It was the moment that the blade struck home, cleanly piercing Catherine's body, a moment of clarity. Maybe I do wish I was still like that. Maybe I care most avoiding pain. Deep down I'm just a scared little girl, but my pain, and my drive to avoid it has made me stronger. This thing is truly nothing if it is a me that never went through the pain I have. It was never driven to my lust for power, never was willing to go through what I have. Shocked, Catherine looked at the twisted mirror of herself, her limbs going limp. A trickle of blood dropped down her lip. Then she smiled. With a laugh she spit the blood in her mouth at the thing's face, magic instantly turning it into a corrosive flesh eating brew. Catherine grabbed the wrist impaling her, and squeezed. False bones cracked under her enhanced strength. Her other hand came up with it's claws, the flesh of her opponents cheek effortlessly until she reached it's left eye, tearing the organ apart. Catherine leapt back, the rapier still buried in her chest Half directed at her opponent, and half at "Eve".

"If only you had pulled more than just my emotions up, if you had bothered to touch my memories you should remember just how hard I am to kill. A hole through the heart won't even slow me down. And that is the difference between me and this thing you've conjured up. I might wish I didn't have to live through what I have. But I am stronger for it. I've been where this little creature is now. I wonder, will it, could I have even moved under that much pain?"

Erebus arm moved again, diving for the false Catherine's head, her hair sucked towards it as it consumed more and more.

The evil Catherine screamed, as her face began to melt, and she tried to pull away. However, the real Catherine grabbed her wrist, and she broke it in her hand. "No! NOOOO! You're supposed to be weaker than me! You can't do this! You can't possibly beat me! I'M THE YOU THAT YOU WISHED YOU COULD BE!!!" she screamed. She then finally pulled away, but only after Catherine had clawed her eye and torn it open. She covered the grievous wound and shrieked horribly, her voice breaking from the pain. "You...y-you can't possibly...know how to defeat me...I STABBED YOU!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!!!" The pain had gotten the best of her, and she could not even muster another attack. Finally, Erebus started sucking her into a portal of pure darkness, and all she could do was continue screaming.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Thu May 04, 2017 12:03 am

Allistor Abendroth

As the demoness conjured their heart's most protected, black petals fell from the sky beside Allistor. He barely dodged the sword of the moon as it swung past his head. In front of him was the shade that looks like his mother, her gentle eyes the color of seafoam and the lunar energy that she commands is now tainted by the red of bloodlust and the eclipse of the moon. A wide smile painted her ivory visage, the smile that she always wears when she expects someone to die by her blade and hand. Allistor raised his rapier to block the next attack only to be flung across a the field by the next swing. "Aaaaalliiiiistoooooor~! Mother's here~! FIGHT LIKE HOW I TAUGHT YOU!" Allistor jumped out of a blast of green energy that annihilated the trees and objects that was in the way. Mercillia's shade vanished and reappeared beside Allistor, ready to swing her blade again. The black haired boy raised a wall of ice and as the moon blade came in contact with the ice, it shattered, revealing the shade taking another form.

This time was a white haired girl who Allistor has considered a sister among the students. A girl who have seen too much violence over the years. Allistor crossed swords with her like how they did during their spars but this time it was for blood. Swords sung with the song of clashing metal amidst the hum of battle. Annice's shadow slammed the flat side of her blade against Allistor's cheek with an audible crack, sending him tumbling down.

Allistor's vision swam with fog and blood. He can taste the iron red in his tongue. An obsidian sword slightly touched the skin of his neck, enough to draw a trickle of blood. The figure gloating on him now was the face of his new found love, Shaun with the eyes of smoking brimstone. "Why are you looking at me like that, baby? Can't bring yourself to hurt me?" Allistor could only muster a groan. He can't hear much. His ears are ringing, his vision is slowly fading, and he can feel himself getting weak. "Any last words?" Shaun said as he lifted the obsidian sword, ready to behead Allistor as he laid sprawled on the ground.

The shadow figure suddenly broke into an unearthly screech as ice advanced from its neck in an alarming speed, shifting into various faces that Allistor knew. His friends, his parents, Shaun. He can see a faint blue shine that's crawling from the shadow's back as it tried to reverse the effects. 'Glacia...' His hand went to his neck and found her not there. Maybe she disentangled herself when he was flung by Dark Mercillia. As the shadow figure was on its knees and near total encasement, it gave off its last screams as it froze solid, its last face was Allistor's. In an instant it shattered into countless shards of ice as Glacia's venom proved fatal even against the supernatural.

The nether snake crawled towards its master and retrieved a potion bottle in his coat. Using her tail, Glacia dumped the potion on Allistor's face and mouth, helping him heal and regain his composture. Allistor stood up, quite unsteadily at first, and got another potion from his pockets to chug. Glacia resumed her spot on Allistor's cravat and the black haired noble pointed his rapier towards the demoness. "Try harder, spawn of Satan."
Last edited by Finsternia on Thu May 04, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 04, 2017 12:17 am

The shadow in front of Rabbit moved like the wind-swiftly and silently, trying to get Rabbit on his blind side. Rabbit sensed the Dark Mana, however, and he followed it with his broadsword. He would turn his head occasionally, but turning too much was difficult with the stakes still in his body. Any new cuts could send his blood pouring everywhere. He had to defeat this being with minimal effort.

That was not going to happen. The shadow continued to strike at Rabbit, with a heavy longsword. The clash with the ice-sword was so loud that it echoed through the woods, and around the students. Rabbit began to grit his teeth behind his mask, as he struggled to keep his focus. This normally would have been an easy battle, but he was so badly-wounded that he simply wanted to lie down and heal. It took all of his effort to deflect each blow, which the shadow made effortlessly. "...You're quite good...but I'm not finished...not yet..." He summoned more swords, all thin, long ice-swords, in order to defend himself. Yet the strain struck him, and he realized that with this he was at his limit.

Are you truly not finished, Rabbit?...Is this all you are capable of, against not even a solid opponent?...

And you question why they died...why you could not save them...any of them...

Then again, it's hard to continue fighting, after seeing so much death...

The shadow taunted Rabbit mercilessly, in a melancholy tone, as though it was scolding him for his past wrongs at the same time. It approached slowly, before slashing at and around Rabbit again. The multitude of swords clashed, and cold sparks flew. The shadow was only as strong as Rabbit made it, and considering he was exhausted, the shadow was slowly gaining ground over him. He continued to shield himself emotionally, but he would not hold forever now.

A clash sounded, and one ice-sword broke. In response, Rabbit slashed right at the shadow's face, trying to end it quickly. The sharpe edge of the ice-blade connected, and blood indeed flew from the opened flesh, but the figure remained standing. Dark, misty blood poured down, and the shadow laughed.

Trying to distract me from your weakness...from your readiness to die. You've been wanting to die for a long time, haven't you?...You've suffered, Rabbit...so much...

After what seemed to be a moment of kindness, the being slashed again, and broke another sword. Rabbit responded by stabbing the being in the stomach, gasping in pain as he forced the sharp movement. Since both of his arms were wounded, he could not properly use them to press the pain away, either, and so he grit his teeth.

The shadow approached. ...So much...You want to be happy, don't you?...What would make you happiest, Rabbit?...Your quick and imminent death?...Tell me...speak to me... The being walked right up to Rabbit, now, and put a hand on his shoulder, right above the wound. ...I see your eyes...even under your mask, your eyes show so much pain...You cannot look at me without feeling grief...regret...and...what else?...Come now...say it...

"...Love...it is love..." Rabbit whispered, shakily. His vision was blurry, and he was breathed as though he had just finished a marathon. "...That is all...it has ever been...But...you are a mere shadow...you cannot understand that, can you?..." He smiled painfully behind his mask, and suddenly, his swords all dissipated, except the rapier. "...Love...gives things substance...and...gives them life...It...keeps all things in place, as someone...once told me..."

This response seemed to anger the shadow. It rushed forward, ready to strike once more, and Rabbit also drove forward. The two clashed, and a massive amount of black and red blood spurted. Rabbit's back, underneath his white hair, was now dripping steadily with blood, as the sword struck between his ribs and out his back. At the same time, Rabbit had struck his opponent in the heart, and his own rapier poked out of the shadow's back.

The shadow's eyes were wide with sudden pain, and shock, while Rabbit seemed very calm and peaceful. Despite the pain it caused him, he slowly picked-up his arms, and he put them around the shadow. As though they were the real person they had pictured, when Katelyn had mentioned the person they would least want hurt, he held them tenderly and even pressed his cheek against their ear.

...Y-You're not angry?!...I stabbed you!...You're going to die a coward, in front of all of your students!

"...You...will never understand...you are...just a shadow..." Rabbit whispered, even lower than before as a lung was punctured by the stake, due to the force of the blow. "...And he...will never know...So I can...only pretend...that he is here...That makes me...happy..." With this final blow, the shadow disappeared, but now Rabbit was left by himself and exhausted. Without another word, he succumbed to his wounds and collapsed, unconscious. Black blood pooled around him, and his rapier disappeared as well. Behind his mask, Rabbit looked as though he was sleeping, though in reality his body was in horrible shape.

John noticed, as he finished creating a barrier around his own opponent, and his eyes widened. "RABBIT!" Abandoning his opponent, he ran toward the wounded professor and looked over his wounds...
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu May 04, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 am

Allistor Abendroth

Allistor noticed the masked professor come tumbling down from his sustained injuries. Rushing to his side with John, he looked at the body of his teacher. 'Black blood...' Allistor quickly pulled out another vial of mana potion, the contents slightly glowing like the shimmer of fresh snow in the morning sun. Allistor helped Rabbit up, his arm supporting the masked teacher's back and neck, and he emptied the potion into his lips. "That should help him a bit..." His grey eyes met those of the resident medic and called to his attention. "Glacia protect us here." Glacia disentangled herself and she was consumed by the blue fire, only to rise as the horrifying serpent that the others saw during their fight against Solaine. The black haired noble raised an ice dome around them and he cut out Rabbit's kimono out of the way to see if he's got more injuries under the fabric. "Fuck... He's got a ruptured lung... Sir, help me with this. I might risk tissue and organ damage if I try using my ice." Using the strips of clothing that he got from Rabbit's kimono, he started to use them as bandages to stop Rabbit's bleeding as much as possible. As he covered much of the scratches, he looked at his poor teacher's body. He was thin, skin's white as arctic ice and stained by black blood. He could only worry about his situation.
Last edited by Finsternia on Thu May 04, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu May 04, 2017 1:39 pm

As Oliver heard the sounds of clinging steel and elements, he simply stood there, wondering where exactly everyone was at with their fights.
It was then however, that a voice made itself heard.

You...

It said, faintly, although he could very well hear it. He decided to ignore though, instead relying on his sense of smell to find his way around and dodge potential attacks.
He didn't know if the others were held to a similar treatment.

A hunter... It continued.
Oliver himself kept ignoring it, he didn't feel like responding to it anyway.

Who... Are you?
Until it asked a question, at which point, Oliver's curiosity peaked. Maybe it was because of his mind's resistance being lowered due to being partially blind, but he decided to answer it.

"As you said, a hunter. From house Hofmann."

House... Hofmann... I know them. They... Killed my kin...

"We hunted a lot of things back in the day, it's not surprising." He answered flatly, barely audible to anyone.

They... Didn't kill... Me. A crusader... He kept... He kept me alive... Oliver thought to himself for a moment, was, whatever that was speaking that old? A millennia may not be much for a demon or monster, but it depended on what exactly it was. The crusader was obviously Balder, very obviously so.

"And why are you speaking to me then? I'm not that crusader, and I very well may not keep you alive the same way."

Your soul... It's... Similar... He was... Old... But kind. Like you...

"Wait, old? What do you mean? You can't mean..." And with that, his vision was taken over by a clear light, a warm, soothing light, looking down at his hands, he saw that they weren't shaking anymore.
His chest felt warm for a moment and he stopped hearing the fights going on around him.

The voice was quickly subsidized by another, one that was rather familiar.
For all intents and purposes, anyone would've seen him brutally disappear.

Hey. Been a while. A man stood in front of Oliver, then it split into another. The first still stood, but the second he didn't recognize.

"Sure has, how're you holding up? Pretty good I guess, with you being dead and all that." Oliver remarked with a hint of snark.

Don't give me your sass boy, you've not seen me for a year and this is how you greet me?
I raised an ungrateful one it seems.
The first figure responded, the second simply chuckled.

Tu ergo altera? Mihi videtur illud verbum Ego facultate ditatus factus est feisty uno.
Hoc Quousque iam fuit? Quinto sexcentesimo? Nulla res Studiosissimus OLIVERIUS est?
Credo me iam nosti, dico vobis, olim ... surgere, et dare ei rundown in quis suus 'accidit in novissimis sex centum annis. Youll verisimile esse et amisit. Lorem ante successerat.
The second figure spoke. It was in latin, or old Italian, both were languages any Major bloods were supposed to know, with a bit of trouble, he deciphered the meaning of his words.

"Wait wait, who are you? Don't tell me you're him!"

To this, the second figure, clad in a white garb somewhat reminiscent of the one Oliver was wearing, chuckled again.

Rursus occurremus. Vale. And with that, he disappeared with a vague smile.

He's pretty odd, huh? You'll get used to it eventually. I know I did.
Anyway, I don't have much time left unfortunately, so I'll be leaving, know that no one's forgotten you here. But don't you dare come back soon, I won't forgive you if you do.
The remaining figure spoke, ending it with a hint of a warning.

"I'm not making any promises, but I'll try my best."
And that's when he reappeared. His vision returned, but his mana was very much drained. if anything, he'd have time for one, maybe two more hits, no more.

However he noticed Rabbit. And although a few years prior, he would've just left him there, he knew that ice would do little more than simply cryogenize him at best.
At worst he'd shatter.

"Dammit..." He muttered.

Running low AND having someone to help? That's what happens when I leave my room! People wonder why I stay inside! He internally shouted, before using the electrified chain and unwrapping it.

"As I've said... You're just a second zone demon..." While saying this, he held up his hand and changed position, his poise significantly increased.

"WARBRINGER, ARMADS!" As soon as he shouted, a bolt of lightning came through to his arm, emitting a blinding light. Then came a golden axe, easily three times his size originally, then it progressively shrunk to his size.
He held it in one hand, the chain held fastened against the weapon.
It seemed to be made of lightning itself, coursing through it.

Soon after, he let said chains unravel and sent the axe hurling at inhuman speeds, further enhanced by a hit of desperation.
Whether or not the axe hit was not his concern.
He did what he once would never have done, he looked away from his opponent. Maybe it would spell his doom, maybe not. Although he knew that he had something to do.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

Allistor noticed the masked professor come tumbling down from his sustained injuries. Rushing to his side with John, he looked at the body of his teacher. 'Black blood...' Allistor quickly pulled out another vial of mana potion, the contents slightly glowing like the shimmer of fresh snow in the morning sun. Allistor helped Rabbit up, his arm supporting the masked teacher's back and neck, and he emptied the potion into his lips. "That should help him a bit..." His grey eyes met those of the resident medic and called to his attention. "Sir, help me heal his wounds. And Glacia protect us here." Glacia disentangled herself and she was consumed by the blue fire, only to rise as the horrifying serpent that the others saw during their fight against Solaine. The black haired noble raised an ice dome around them and he started coating Rabbit's wounds to stop the bleeding and the healing magic in the ice to advocate blood flow and faster regeneration. "Fuck... He's got a ruptured lung... Sir, help me with this. I might risk tissue and organ damage if I try using my ice."

The small bit of Mana Potion would kill a little pain, but Rabbit's body was broken. His heart's hole, once the stake was removed, would be massive. His other wounds would lead to grevious bleeding, once the stakes in those were removed as well. Underneath the mask, he was completely unresponsive. His blank white eyes were only slightly open, and stared sightlessly up at Allistor, as though he was still looking at his shadow-opponent. Black blood flowed down his lips and chin, as he had spat massive amounts of it when he had been stabbed, and the slight, gentle smile on his face only made the sight more unsettling. His white hair was streaked with grey, due to the black blood that streaked down his white kimono.

John noted all of these wounds, and he began to use his healing magic to slow the bleeding. He then put a hand over his heart, sending magic into the wound to reach his lung. The stakes would have to be removed carefully, piece-by-piece, and in the presence of a full team of healers. He glared down at the wounds, and he calculated what would need to be done. He also turned and stared over at Katelyn behind them. As long as "Eve" was active in her, the type of healing that Rabbit needed would not be able to be applied. "We need to get him to the infirmary, so we can protect him from further damage. After all, I'm sure 'Eve' probably isn't done with him. Help me get him to the infirmary," he ordered, as he covered his own hands with Mana, to protect himself from the black blood's effects, and picked him up out of Allistor's arms.
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Thu May 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Dominique Corleone

The teen watched around him in amazement as all around him were fighting figures similar to someone that was close to them. He knew that he couldn't get too attached to whoever was the one that can be the one that he must face. As the small and dainty petals of darkness fell down upon his head, he quickly backed away from it and looked at it on the ground as it began to slowly form and reconfigure itself into the shape of a person. Dominique soon looked closely at the one that can be the one that he must fight. His father? His mother? Even his dog. Those were the ones that came inside his head.

And just like so, the figure of his mother appeared in front of him. Her bright light blue eyes shined brightly in contrast of the blackness that once consumed her. She had a soft and gently smile on her face that conveyed the sight of warmth and comfort as if she was not ready for a fight. Dominique looked at her with his dark honey-colored eyes and squinted at her, preparing to defeat her if possible. "Ciao mamma. Felice di vederti. You look beautiful as always." He spoke kindly to her as the weapon in his hand glowed dimly from his enchantment. With a soft chuckle, his mother walked over to her son with open arms; the latter backing away slowly in hesitation to prepare for the worst.
But then, something strange happened. When she got towards him, all she did was stand in front of him and stared into his eyes. A smile still on her face. Dominique looked straight on and waited to see what she was about to do. "You're not real mamma. It won't work on me." He admitted. His small dagger to his side yet pointing towards her abdomen. He didn't want to but he was prepared to do it if it means that this ended. But then she opened her arms and pulled him in for a hug. He was taken by surprise by it and gasped slightly at it.

'Oh mio figlio how you turned out so perfect. Just like me and your father. You should be proud. Ti amo.' She said wholeheartedly. A smell similar to her favorite perfume filled his nostrils as he still resented to touch her. She noticed this and blinked as she continued to hug him and sigh. 'Oh Dommie. What's the matter? Are you too old and cool to hug your dear old mother?' She said with a mixture of amusement and disappointment. He noticed this and quickly went to her side. "Huh? Oh no! No mama, you're not old; you're still beautiful and young. If you want...I'll hug you." And with pity, he hugged her as if she was real. Sensing that he was getting comfortable, she smirked quietly to herself as she slowly disappeared into a big ball of smoke before quickly reappearing as a young woman still hugging her. Her light green eyes shining brightly as a small and sly smile came on her face.

'Thank you baby.' She simply said with a giggle as she held onto Dominique. Hearing her voice, his eyes shot wide open and realized who it was. "...You. It can't be." He whispered in her ear as she slowly released herself from the hug, revealing to him her face. It was sweet and angelic just like he remembered it being. Her smile as bright and as beautiful as ever. Starting at her with her emerald gems that showed her seductiveness, yet innocence. That was something that he never really understood; that sense of contradiction in her eyes. But even so, he was still attracted to them. His face on the other hand showed an entirely different view. It showed surprise, shock, and anger as he backed away from her and glared at her with a hopeless look. "W-what is this? Why you? Of all people. Why you?" He stammered as he felt his heart racing and his chest rising and collapsing in panic. All the mysterious girl can do is giggle innocently and look at his flustered face.

'Aw. Still that worthless, pathetic, and sorry excuse for a man I see. Tsk, tsk, tsk. And just to think. I was actually wanting to feel your touch. Your taste and breath against my neck and body as you become an uncontrollable animal for your first time. Ah, the passion and heat and fire that could have happened before us would have been incredible.
I've seen what you've been hiding from me, and I wanted it. Oh how badly you made me feel for you every day and night. And to think; I would've been your first. How we could've taken it to the next level. Be more than just what we were before. But guess what baby? You were nothing what I expected. Just a piece of garbage that would never know what if feels like to be with a real woman. Not now, not ever!' Her words were passionate and hot with both anger and lusts as Dominique looked at her with embarrassment and shock at her words. His face burning with his nonvisible blush. She soon walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck looking into his eyes and smiling slyly. His face still with shock and dismay.

"N-no, I tried. Please know that I tried. I just wasn't ready that's all. You knew that, and you said that it was find. Please, Veronica, please know that I loved you. Loved you enough to do this with you. Please know that..." He whispered to her as he was still frozen unable to do anything about it. The shadow looked at his fear and chuckled softly at it. 'Aww, baby. Please don't say that. You're making me feel like I'm the bad person here. Maybe I could make it up to you.' And with that, she leaned in and planted her lips on his, enjoying the passionate and tender moment with him for a while before moving back and smiling at him softly giggling. 'How was that baby?' She said smiling innocently as Dominique looked at her with his eyes even wider before quickly turning and looking away from her in embarrassment. 'P-please don't do that again..." He forced out of his mouth before looking down at the ground.

'Hm? Oh...I see. Yeah. Haven't changed one bit still. Oh well. I tried. I guess I can raise a man. That's why...' suddenly, she raised backed away from him and stared at him for a few seconds before her hand rose above her head and came swiftly downwards as she backhand slapped him in a way that was heard by everyone around them. Dominique stiffed a winch and growl as he brought his hand up to rub his cheek which was now stinging greatly as a small red spot was forming on his face. "Veronica, please. I don't want to hurt you. I loved you. Please just stop and not do this again." He said softly at her. The obsidian colored girl smirked at his pleads and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek. This time, the feeling on his other cheek began to feel like a burning sensation as if he was placed next to a hot stove or had acid placed on his cheek. Stifling his pain, he looked at her with pleading eyes and breathed deeply at the feeling as a decent-sized burn mark appeared on his face. Veronica on the other hand smiled and smirked at the sight and shook her head.

"This is why you got what you deserved."
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Finsternia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Thu May 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Luminesa wrote:

Allistor noticed the masked professor come tumbling down from his sustained injuries. Rushing to his side with John, he looked at the body of his teacher. 'Black blood...' Allistor quickly pulled out another vial of mana potion, the contents slightly glowing like the shimmer of fresh snow in the morning sun. Allistor helped Rabbit up, his arm supporting the masked teacher's back and neck, and he emptied the potion into his lips. "That should help him a bit..." His grey eyes met those of the resident medic and called to his attention. "Sir, help me heal his wounds. And Glacia protect us here." Glacia disentangled herself and she was consumed by the blue fire, only to rise as the horrifying serpent that the others saw during their fight against Solaine. The black haired noble raised an ice dome around them and he started coating Rabbit's wounds to stop the bleeding and the healing magic in the ice to advocate blood flow and faster regeneration. "Fuck... He's got a ruptured lung... Sir, help me with this. I might risk tissue and organ damage if I try using my ice."

The small bit of Mana Potion would kill a little pain, but Rabbit's body was broken. His heart's hole, once the stake was removed, would be massive. His other wounds would lead to grevious bleeding, once the stakes in those were removed as well. Underneath the mask, he was completely unresponsive. His blank white eyes were only slightly open, and stared sightlessly up at Allistor, as though he was still looking at his shadow-opponent. Black blood flowed down his lips and chin, as he had spat massive amounts of it when he had been stabbed, and the slight, gentle smile on his face only made the sight more unsettling. His white hair was streaked with grey, due to the black blood that streaked down his white kimono.

John noted all of these wounds, and he began to use his healing magic to slow the bleeding. He then put a hand over his heart, sending magic into the wound to reach his lung. The stakes would have to be removed carefully, piece-by-piece, and in the presence of a full team of healers. He glared down at the wounds, and he calculated what would need to be done. He also turned and stared over at Katelyn behind them. As long as "Eve" was active in her, the type of healing that Rabbit needed would not be able to be applied. "We need to get him to the infirmary, so we can protect him from further damage. After all, I'm sure 'Eve' probably isn't done with him. Help me get him to the infirmary," he ordered, as he covered his own hands with Mana, to protect himself from the black blood's effects, and picked him up out of Allistor's arms.

Allistor Abendroth

Allistor snapped his fingers and the ice dome vanished around them. "Glacia, cover us! This way sir." Allistor led John towards the woods where they could find a clear way towards the infirmary. Glacia returned to her normal state and slithered her way past the combatants and rushed with the two. Allistor picked the most dense part of the woods to go through so that their mana signatures could be slightly hidden. As they arrived the school grounds, Allistor swung the door open and shouted for a medic. "Anyone! Help us! Sir Rabbit's been injured gravely!"

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu May 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Hestia Iolonos

Hestia was petrified, visibly shaking as a warm smile greeted her not too far away. Blonde hair, black clothes, and eyes that pleaded for Hestia to come closer were all it took for the professor to recognize the appearance of her mother. Although her bodies actions betrayed her however, she did her utmost to maintain facial composure, not allowing her mouth to gape in shock or eyes to widen too greatly. It was too real to deny, her mother stood there exactly how she remembered her. Hestia gripped her sword even more tightly as the woman in front of her began to speak first.

"Hestia, my dear. I've missed you so much." Hestia's mother, Juno, spoke. She placed a hand over her heart, illustrating the pain she would be failing having been separated from her child for so long.

"I've left you alone for so long now...all thanks to those who couldn't understand how special our family was. Please, let me make it up to you." Juno pleaded. She held out her hand, gesturing for Hestia to come and take it. To reunite with the mother that she's longed to be reunited with for so long now. Meanwhile, Hestia refused to budge, no matter how much she wished this was real.

"I...I do miss you, that much is true, but....you died." Hestia whispered, struggling to speak in the presence of her mother. Juno, she had been a loving mother and commanding woman. Her mere presence demanded respect from those that she met, and Hestia could feel that authority even now. Juno wasn't just asking Hestia to come to her, she was practically willing it.

"My baby girl, I know this must be hard for you to accept, but death is simply a pathway to new beginnings. You too shall learn that in the coming months." The professor froze as her mother said this. Was she implying that Hestia would meet her own demise soon? That was impossible, for unless there was some unseen threat that she had neglected to notice, than Hestia was assured of her safety and success from her comfortable position as a Professor of this esteemed Academy.

"Now that we're together again my precious girl, will you do your dear mother a favor and kill these inferior mages? No loose ends now. Then, we can go about catching up on lost time, together." Juno spread her arms, ready to embrace Hestia and expecting her to come forward. The professor was conflicted.

"Everything I've done so far, I've done for you. Everything I've accomplished has been successful thanks to your teachings. I've killed so many, and gone through sleepless nights, debating my own morality because I knew that I would avenge you someday. You and father. Now I'm supposed to go about my life as though years of planning has been meaningless?" Hestia argued with herself in her head. With the hallucination from earlier dispelled, she was more prepared to accept the illusion in front of her as just that, but the thought of striking at even a mirage of the one woman she held above everything in her existence was painful to fathom.

"Mother...I've missed you so much. Why didn't you come see me sooner?!" Hestia wailed, albeit falsely. Now that she had the initial shock out of her system, she was more prepared to utilize her superior manipulation of her own behavior to subdue the mirage. She began to stumble forward towards her mother, prepared to do what must be done. As she grew closer, Hestia dropped her sword at her mothers side, and embraced the apparition.

"That's right, it's okay, I'm here now. Together, we'll do so much." Juno cooed as she stroked her daughters hair.

"I was so certain you were dead for good...I'm never wrong." Hestia whispered into her mothers chest as she wrapped her arms around her back.

"I understand dear, now since your colleagues are distracted, you can-" but Juno never finished as Hestia's blade pierced the womans spine from behind, and Hestia had angled her embrace to avoid her own blade's pierce.

"As I said, I'm never wrong." Hestia asserted, all signs of her earlier frustration disappeared and replaced with sudden coldness. As Juno seemed to be in pain, Hestia wasted no time in finishing this ordeal. Her blade erupted in flames, engulfing her mother entirely in a sea of screams. Hestia watched on, only staying around until she was certain the apparition had been reduced to ash so that she may reclaim her sword. It was only with the focus of her attention gone, that the Professor realized not everyone was so fortunate. Professor Rabbit seemed to have suffered quite a bit, and so she hurried to assist.

Then was when she saw the Black Blood.

"We need to get him to the infirmary, so we can protect him from further damage. After all, I'm sure 'Eve' probably isn't done with him. Help me get him to the infirmary," she heard John say. Hestia would of felt guilty at her scientific interest at the contents of her colleagues blood, but it would have to wait. Nevertheless, when this was over she would badger Rabbit for answers. Muttering a quick incantation, Hestia spread the 'Enchantment of Haste' to everyone attending to Rabbit so that they could move much faster to deliver medical attention. Coating her hands in Mana as she saw John do, which led her to certain suspicions about Rabbit, she moved to also try and help carry the fellow professor.

"I've allowed us greater speed with the enchantment I've cast, let us hurry." Hestia nodded to John, seemingly determined to aid Rabbit but really interested him from a scientific point of view.
Last edited by Imperial--japan on Thu May 04, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:The small bit of Mana Potion would kill a little pain, but Rabbit's body was broken. His heart's hole, once the stake was removed, would be massive. His other wounds would lead to grevious bleeding, once the stakes in those were removed as well. Underneath the mask, he was completely unresponsive. His blank white eyes were only slightly open, and stared sightlessly up at Allistor, as though he was still looking at his shadow-opponent. Black blood flowed down his lips and chin, as he had spat massive amounts of it when he had been stabbed, and the slight, gentle smile on his face only made the sight more unsettling. His white hair was streaked with grey, due to the black blood that streaked down his white kimono.

Allistor Abendroth

Allistor snapped his fingers and the ice dome vanished around them. "Glacia, cover us! This way sir." Allistor led John towards the woods where they could find a clear way towards the infirmary. Glacia returned to her normal state and slithered her way past the combatants and rushed with the two. Allistor picked the most dense part of the woods to go through so that their mana signatures could be slightly hidden. As they arrived the school grounds, Allistor swung the door open and shouted for a medic. "Anyone! Help us! Sir Rabbit's been injured gravely!"

Cecily had cared for Artosh in the lonely, silent infirmary for almost an hour, now. She hardly heard the noise outside, and she did not go out to check once she heard the shouts and whatnot. She had to stay with her patient. He was asleep now, and so she had been relaxing for the last few minutes. She could not help but wonder what had happened with Artosh that had made him so weak. It had involved Rabbit, as well...what had those two done?

Her thoughts immediately switched gears when she saw Allistor swing the door open, shouting for a medic. She stood up from the cot she was sitting on, and she rushed over to see her new patient. She let out a louder-than-necessary gasp when she saw it was Rabbit. He was in terrible shape, covered in blood, and when she felt him, he was cold. "Quickly, quickly, quickly. Put him on the bed so we can fix his wounds," she ordered quietly, trying to keep calm.

John followed her orders, and the two got on each side on Rabbit as they put him on the bed. The stakes would have to be removed first, so the wounds could heal, and so they got to work on doing so. Cecily carefully pulled the stake out his shoulder, while John slowly healed the skin, to keep him from bleeding. This was a difficult process, as Rabbit could not afford to lose more blood. Neither one spoke to Allistor, as they were so focused on the task in front of them.

...Rabbit...please...at least look at me...look at me and let me know you're going to be okay...please... Cecily thought, as she worked.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Fri May 05, 2017 4:33 am

Luminesa wrote:

Cecily had cared for Artosh in the lonely, silent infirmary for almost an hour, now. She hardly heard the noise outside, and she did not go out to check once she heard the shouts and whatnot. She had to stay with her patient. He was asleep now, and so she had been relaxing for the last few minutes. She could not help but wonder what had happened with Artosh that had made him so weak. It had involved Rabbit, as well...what had those two done?

Her thoughts immediately switched gears when she saw Allistor swing the door open, shouting for a medic. She stood up from the cot she was sitting on, and she rushed over to see her new patient. She let out a louder-than-necessary gasp when she saw it was Rabbit. He was in terrible shape, covered in blood, and when she felt him, he was cold. "Quickly, quickly, quickly. Put him on the bed so we can fix his wounds," she ordered quietly, trying to keep calm.

John followed her orders, and the two got on each side on Rabbit as they put him on the bed. The stakes would have to be removed first, so the wounds could heal, and so they got to work on doing so. Cecily carefully pulled the stake out his shoulder, while John slowly healed the skin, to keep him from bleeding. This was a difficult process, as Rabbit could not afford to lose more blood. Neither one spoke to Allistor, as they were so focused on the task in front of them.

...Rabbit...please...at least look at me...look at me and let me know you're going to be okay...please... Cecily thought, as she worked.

Allistor sheathed his rapier as the medics did their work. He can't help but feel low at what is happening. Rabbit is on the bed, his black blood staining the pristine white sheets. Rabbit who was one of the strongest willed and bodied teachers of Mana now struck low by their opponent. Rabbit who was a proud eagle that soared the skies with his magnificent wings. But now his feathers were clipped, his talons were cut, his wings struck my lightning and were burned to a crisp. Now he was a dying magpie on the ground, clinging on life's dangling thread. Glacia made her way up his leg and settled back around his neck. His left hand involuntarily stroked the snake's snout, finding some solace on the cold hard scales. "I'll... I'll be guarding outside..." He said as he made his way towards the doors.

"What the fuck happened here...?" A weak raspy voice called to the teachers and student (and one snake) in the infirmary. Artosh still looked shit. His hair looks like a bird made its nest on there, his eyes sunken in black circles, and he was still clearly weak. Mikhailov's ritual had left him in the worst state as he spent much of his willpower in controlling the Arcane from wrecking havoc. His blood still sang the painfully sweet song of magic and the bitter harmony of his medications. One hour of rest isn't enough to bring back his same strength and him waking up will just make his health worse. He slowly limped towards them, every single movement made him grunt with pain. "Allistor... Cecily... Hestia... John..." His eyes looked at them as he took note of their injuries. "Was there an attack...? Rabbit... Rabbit, what happened to him? The... The children... Don't tell me you all left them..."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri May 05, 2017 8:16 am

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Cecily had cared for Artosh in the lonely, silent infirmary for almost an hour, now. She hardly heard the noise outside, and she did not go out to check once she heard the shouts and whatnot. She had to stay with her patient. He was asleep now, and so she had been relaxing for the last few minutes. She could not help but wonder what had happened with Artosh that had made him so weak. It had involved Rabbit, as well...what had those two done?

Allistor sheathed his rapier as the medics did their work. He can't help but feel low at what is happening. Rabbit is on the bed, his black blood staining the pristine white sheets. Rabbit who was one of the strongest willed and bodied teachers of Mana now struck low by their opponent. Rabbit who was a proud eagle that soared the skies with his magnificent wings. But now his feathers were clipped, his talons were cut, his wings struck my lightning and were burned to a crisp. Now he was a dying magpie on the ground, clinging on life's dangling thread. Glacia made her way up his leg and settled back around his neck. His left hand involuntarily stroked the snake's snout, finding some solace on the cold hard scales. "I'll... I'll be guarding outside..." He said as he made his way towards the doors.

"What the fuck happened here...?" A weak raspy voice called to the teachers and student (and one snake) in the infirmary. Artosh still looked shit. His hair looks like a bird made its nest on there, his eyes sunken in black circles, and he was still clearly weak. Mikhailov's ritual had left him in the worst state as he spent much of his willpower in controlling the Arcane from wrecking havoc. His blood still sang the painfully sweet song of magic and the bitter harmony of his medications. One hour of rest isn't enough to bring back his same strength and him waking up will just make his health worse. He slowly limped towards them, every single movement made him grunt with pain. "Allistor... Cecily... Hestia... John..." His eyes looked at them as he took note of their injuries. "Was there an attack...? Rabbit... Rabbit, what happened to him? The... The children... Don't tell me you all left them..."

Cecily turned to Artosh, and her eyes widened as she saw him. He should not have been out of the bed, since he was still recovering. She could tell even now that he could hardly stand. "Artosh, you need to get back into your bed now. We will explain everything that has happened soon enough. In the meantime, do not interfere. We are trying to heal Rabbit," she ordered quietly.

In the meantime, they eventually removed the final stake-the one in Rabbit's heart-and John began to send oxygen into his heart. Knowing this might cause him to bleed more if they were not careful, since his heart was still healing, he ordered Cecily, "Cecily, start healing over his heart. We don't want the increased flow to cause him to bleed-out." She hurried to his side and began to focus on this, keeping her head down as she worked. Slowly, her efforts to stabilize Rabbit's heart, and John's efforts to stabilize his lungs, began to work.

Rabbit was no longer bleeding-out, and now if one leaned over his nose and listened, they could hear soft, rhythmic breathing. His awful wounds, however, had only been stabilized and thus would have to finish healing on their own, especially Rabbit's heart. Dark Mana Beings constructed their own bodies, after all, and were ultimately the most responsible beings for their wellbeing. Hence, Rabbit's heart would have to reconstruct itself slowly, while his body's Manastream flowed around and reconstructed the other places that were wounded. Even so, he was still unconscious, and he did not respond when John checked him for stimuli.

"...He's still out...usually at this point, the body starts to respond when you tap it or when you touch it...but he's not even moving...and yet he has a pulse..." John muttered. He was far more used to working with people than he was used to working with Dark Mana Beings, and even the sight of all that black blood outside had chilled him. He was glad, however, that he and Cecily were able to at least stabilize his wounds. Now they would have to clean him up, and let him rest. "...I can at least say this, he's going to be in bed for a few days..." he muttered.

Cecily nodded her head in agreement, and then turned to Artosh. "If you do not get back into your bed, I will carry you back myself. You are in no condition to be standing and trying to walk. Now get back in your bed and go to sleep," she instructed, more firmly now. Considering the students were mostly by themselves, however, she then turned to Hestia. "Hestia! Go check on the students. Make sure they are all safe," she instructed. She did not know what was happening with them, but she wanted for all of them to be safe.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Fri May 05, 2017 8:52 am

Luminesa wrote:
Finsternia wrote:Allistor sheathed his rapier as the medics did their work. He can't help but feel low at what is happening. Rabbit is on the bed, his black blood staining the pristine white sheets. Rabbit who was one of the strongest willed and bodied teachers of Mana now struck low by their opponent. Rabbit who was a proud eagle that soared the skies with his magnificent wings. But now his feathers were clipped, his talons were cut, his wings struck my lightning and were burned to a crisp. Now he was a dying magpie on the ground, clinging on life's dangling thread. Glacia made her way up his leg and settled back around his neck. His left hand involuntarily stroked the snake's snout, finding some solace on the cold hard scales. "I'll... I'll be guarding outside..." He said as he made his way towards the doors.

Cecily turned to Artosh, and her eyes widened as she saw him. He should not have been out of the bed, since he was still recovering. She could tell even now that he could hardly stand. "Artosh, you need to get back into your bed now. We will explain everything that has happened soon enough. In the meantime, do not interfere. We are trying to heal Rabbit," she ordered quietly.

In the meantime, they eventually removed the final stake-the one in Rabbit's heart-and John began to send oxygen into his heart. Knowing this might cause him to bleed more if they were not careful, since his heart was still healing, he ordered Cecily, "Cecily, start healing over his heart. We don't want the increased flow to cause him to bleed-out." She hurried to his side and began to focus on this, keeping her head down as she worked. Slowly, her efforts to stabilize Rabbit's heart, and John's efforts to stabilize his lungs, began to work.

Rabbit was no longer bleeding-out, and now if one leaned over his nose and listened, they could hear soft, rhythmic breathing. His awful wounds, however, had only been stabilized and thus would have to finish healing on their own, especially Rabbit's heart. Dark Mana Beings constructed their own bodies, after all, and were ultimately the most responsible beings for their wellbeing. Hence, Rabbit's heart would have to reconstruct itself slowly, while his body's Manastream flowed around and reconstructed the other places that were wounded. Even so, he was still unconscious, and he did not respond when John checked him for stimuli.

"...He's still out...usually at this point, the body starts to respond when you tap it or when you touch it...but he's not even moving...and yet he has a pulse..." John muttered. He was far more used to working with people than he was used to working with Dark Mana Beings, and even the sight of all that black blood outside had chilled him. He was glad, however, that he and Cecily were able to at least stabilize his wounds. Now they would have to clean him up, and let him rest. "...I can at least say this, he's going to be in bed for a few days..." he muttered.

Cecily nodded her head in agreement, and then turned to Artosh. "If you do not get back into your bed, I will carry you back myself. You are in no condition to be standing and trying to walk. Now get back in your bed and go to sleep," she instructed, more firmly now. Considering the students were mostly by themselves, however, she then turned to Hestia. "Hestia! Go check on the students. Make sure they are all safe," she instructed. She did not know what was happening with them, but she wanted for all of them to be safe.

Artosh walked towards Rabbit's bed, close enough to see Cecily and John work but far enough to not get in their way. Rabbit's black blood made Artosh feel quite uneasy and dizzy. For some reason his mind thought of a squid's ink. He felt a pull towards it, a gentle hum that says he should touch it or give it a taste or sniff. He shook his head. 'Perhaps these are the side effects of that time... Or my meds...' He sat down on the bench beside Rabbit's bed and was entirely relieved when he saw that Rabbit was in a more stable condirion than he was before. His mind wondered about what threat is looming over Mana. He can sense great magical activity and the tinge of corruption in the air. "John... Was it Katelyn...? Were we too late to save the girl...?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse