NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:52 am

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Mikhailov continued to smirk, until he felt the darkness underneath him swallowed by a holy light. He was surprised. "...What is this?..." He looked underneath him, and suddenly he was blinded by heavenly light. Even more than that, he almost immediately felt excruciating pain. His eyes widened, and he grit his teeth as he tried to fight it. He had to pant for air several times, as he felt he was suffocating and burning at the same time. "...No...you know...how to use...even this sort of Arcane Magic...'Consecration'...Gah!" He had to stop for a moment, and he fell to his knees in pain. "...You will surely die before your next birthday...you are unwise...You cannot handle such power...You are too-" He was then lambasted by a terrible coughing fit, and a huge blob of blood shot from his mouth as he glared toward the ground. Even when Rabbit had stolen his soul, he had not felt this sort of pain. "...You are too weak..." he mumbled, his vocals failing.

"...No, Mikhailov...You are the one who is too weak..." Rabbit whispered, finally regaining his full composure as he saw his former oppressor kneeling in pain. "...You never had the strength to love...to give of yourself to anyone...even someone who would have happily died for you...And now you will not know love...ever...You will be caught in a loveless limbo, an eternal darkness where there is no suffering or happiness...Artosh, in the meantime...no matter what happens to him...he will find peace..." The final, slim streaks beneath him connected, and the hexagon under him glowed with a warm, airy magic. Rabbit's hair floated around him like a veil, and his body looked to be a glowing-white, as though he was genuinely an Angel. An almost uncanny peace surrounded him. "...Your judgment has passed once...and you shall not deny it again..."

The hexagon appeared inside the ring of light that surrounded Mikhailov, and it combined with the holy light, creating a pink barrier of light that burned away at the man's soul. His eyes finally showed hints of terror, as he realized his plans would now be for naught. He would be forgotten. He would cease to exist among those he had once controlled. He tried to stand, but his legs failed him. "...No...I must exist...I must exist...I can die, but I must continue to exist! I MUST!" he screamed, finally breaking himself.

"...You once told me, Mikhailov...that all existence is held in place by love, and that if that being was to be unloved, they would cease to exist...Even the spirits in Hell are loved, Mikhailov...and the many souls I have sealed away were also loved once...but you have denied love...and so now love shall deny you..." he whispered, his ethereal being glowing as bright as it ever had. His spider-like appendages seemed to look like angel-wings for a moment, the six wings of a Seraph. Then a blinding light filled everything, and Mikhailov's screams filled the forest. All at once, and then nothing at all.

The echoes faded, and Mikhailov's exit finished gracefully.

Rabbit pulled his appendages back into his body, and as the seal beneath him un-wound, he stared toward Artosh. He was completely still, a pillar of peace, almost like some otherwordly spirit that had visited a lowly human. The light slowly disappeared, however, and then Rabbit looked as his normal self again. Yet the weight was lifted. His deepest ache, now healed. Yet he knew very well that it was only going to be replaced by another, as he watched Artosh in the aftermath. "...Now...it is over..." he breathed, before he walked toward him slowly.

Artosh Luxenia

"It's over..." Artosh said as he sat down on the cold earth, the barrier around them breaking apart and shattering like a fragile mirror. "It's finally over... Bunny-chan's pains are finally over..." The purple chaos dissipated into the air, the unruly magic manifesting itself as a curtain of aurora in the night sky. It almost felt serene and unnatural and the act of looking at it brings the image and feeling of the cold winter. Artosh brought his hands to his face as he finally sobbed to his heart's content. "It's over..." With the blurring of his vision by his tears, the exhaustion also contributed, making him only see silhouettes. He can still hear the hum and ring of power within his veins and he can feel himself getting cold. Soon enough, his coughing fit started and he covered his mouth. His body seems so frail and thin that time, like a leaf being threatened to be plucked by the wind. When he looked at his palms, they were stained by blood. He felt himself getting weaker and weaker, feeling nauseous and heady. "B-Bunny-chan..." He muttered weakly as tears still streamed down his face before collapsing from overfatigue, exhaustion and overuse.

Rabbit hurried to his side, and he held Artosh as he cried weakly. This entire experience had been too much for him. Rabbit began to regret bringing him into the ritual. He was a powerful Mage in his own right, but he was so fragile. Compared to him, Artosh was a child, one who was not used to such powerful opposition. He had also used far more magic than he was used to using, and so his body felt both too light and almost too glass-like, as though he was just moments from fading away. Even as he was exhausted, he began to use his magic to heal Artosh's body. He took one of his hands in his own, even as it was covered in blood, and he whispered to him.

"...It is going to be alright...I promise...he will not hurt you anymore...He is gone, gone forever...and you are still here...Your body can heal now...I will make sure of it..." he comforted him, though behind his mask he was also crying. He had caused Artosh this pain by bringing him into the ritual. He had brought upon his closest friend what he had sworn he would never let anyone know. "...Yes...I will heal you until the Arcane Magic's effects are reversed...I will save you, I promise...Mikhailov was a liar...I will not let you die...You will live a long, happy life, even if it means I have to die to give it to you..."

He took off his mask, and he held Artosh's head against his cheek, as though he was a tiny baby who was fussing in the middle of the night. He knew that he could not reverse the effects. Artosh did not have long to live, and when he died he would become a monster. He would not experience immediately the peaceful happiness of the afterlife. No, despite his kindness and innocence, he would wander as a damned soul among the living, until his form was finally destroyed mercilessly by a Jaegar. Nobody would remember him as the sweet, Arcane-wielding professor from Mana, but as an empty shell of hatred. Yet he could not face it. He told himself that Artosh had not used it that much, that this was an exception, and that he would be fine. He just needed sleep, and everything would be fine in the morning. His black tears traced down his cheeks, however, and were unmistakeable as they landed in Artosh's hair.

"...Yes...you will be happy...You will find someone who loves you...and you will have a family...And you will continue to be a wonderful teacher and friend...You will sleep tonight, and all of this will be a memory in the morning...But for now, you may cry here, while I heal your wounds..." He wanted to sleep himself, and he closed his eyes as he held his wounded friend, aching himself for rest. He was emotionally and physically exhausted. All he wanted to do was to apologize for causing his friend such harm, for being such a parasite, and for letting him suffer at Mikhailov's hands. Yet that would not help Artosh. He held these things inside, trying to stabilize his Mana before he carried him back to his room.

He stared up at the sky, at the twinkling stars that giggled above them. His expression softened, as he began to think out-loud. "...Your final spell, however...I must say...even as my body does not handle the light well...When I saw it, I felt I had...truly experienced a god...I had truly experienced a sort of divine love...and I wanted it...but I want far too much, don't I, for someone who already has quite a lot?...It is the envy in me...the darkness in me that wishes it was not darkness...And yet...the spark of light inside of me knows...it knows that such light is only allowed to those Mages who are extraordinarily blessed...And I refuse to let anyone take that blessing from you...not even death itself...I will find a way to reverse the wounds, and you will be able to live in peace..." he whispered, almost as though he was singing a lullaby.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:50 am

In the meantime, John had returned to Katelyn's room with a platter of food, only to realize she was missing. Angry at her for being so obstinate and uncooperative, he put down the platter and rushed out the door to look for her. It was extremely late at night. If she had run into the woods, there was no telling where she might be. "KATELYN!!! KATELYYYYYYYYYYN!!! GET BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY!!! I AM NOT PLAYING WITH YOU!!! GET BACK HERE BEFORE YOU GET KILLED!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!" he shouted, as he ran for the woods. After all, if she wanted to get away, that was usually the best way to go, to avoid being found...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am

Imperial--japan wrote:Addison Lloyd

Addison had just been ready to depart after the conversation he had on the phone with his mother. After all, there were plenty of people to introduce himself to and not enough time in the day to mingle in between classes and getting himself situated at the Academy. That is, until a rather strapping young lad decided to sit himself next to Addison. He smiled at him, and Addison couldn't help but blush at the action. This mysterious stranger was definitely attractive, and Addison couldn't just let a chance like this pass him by. The boy next to her seemed to have resigned himself to listening to his music, so at least he wouldn't be going anywhere that Addison would need to pursue him.

Sliding across the bench, Addison placed one of his hands over the hand of the boy sitting near him and smiled at him, just as the other boy had done before. It was then that he noticed someone across the courtyard was looking at him. Addison was quite attractive so that was no surprise, so he flashed another smile and a wink at the boy in the distance, hoping he would see it before deciding to return his attentions to the boy he was making contact with. Assuming that he removed his earbuds to listen to what Addison had to say, it would go a little something like the following.

"Hi, I'm Addison. I just got here last week, but I've been trying to find my way around and meet new people. I don't suppose you would mind talking with me, would you?"

As soon as the wink registered to him, Oliver looked side to side, thinking it wasn't directed at him.
It wasn't exactly like he found himself to be very attractive, he pretty much looked like a bootleg beatnik with a... Rather leaves-something-to-be-desired sense of style.
Often calling it the absolute worst shit he could wear even.

But hey, he didn't care, it was fine, it was comfortable, retained heat when it was cold, and let his body breathe when it was hot.
All around weather wear. Not to mention his famous waterproof hair as he so called it that always seemed to be the reason why he didn't have an umbrella when it was raining.
Truth being that he just really liked the rain, and all that comes with it, including being under it.
Mostly.

Being stuck in his little world for a few seconds, he was brought out of it by no other than Begnion that had managed to follow him all the way over to the courtyard.
Begnion was a small dog, a corgi to be exact, and the reference to his name is actually within a Fire emblem game, two rather.
Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance, it being the name of a country. Being quite a fan, Oliver just couldn't not name his dog that way after he got it.
The dog was about one or one and a half years old and listened very intently to everything his master said, being very lively and quite intelligent, he surprised his owner many times, especially on the matter of opening doors. His door.
Which was often quite embarrassing since the small piece of work couldn't close it properly.

To bring Oliver out of his little world, he ran into one of his owner's legs, although he could've barked, he seemed to absolutely hate it.
The latter was used to have his legs ran into, since he didn't want to bark, it was pretty much the only way to get his owner's attention, except maybe whining, but that was really as a last resort.

"What's up Begnion?" Oliver squatted down. Begnion, in response simply looked over to the person that winked at him, then back at the man, proceeding to wag his tail a bit.

"You want me to go see them? Alright I guess. I'm confused though, I can't pinpoint their gender, so it'll be extremely awkward.
Not that I'm not in general..." The man lamented, before feeling the dog's head pressing itself against his right leg.

"Alright alright." Picking Begnion up, he started making his way to he/she. He was still very confused, very, very much so.

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Luminesa wrote:Timeskip - That Evening

The meeting ended, and while the rest of the day into the evening was peaceful, tension remained among the teachers. John remained with Katelyn and kept a close eye on her. Cecily checked on Catherine and Ambrosia, examined their labs, and kept an eye on them. The rest of the students seemed to go along with their days, while new students seemed to be arriving now. This was a positive change, new permanent residents meant that the school was getting positive press somehow. Perhaps bringing down Solaine Rise was good for the school.

Rabbit, however, had different concerns. It was night-time, and he had things he had to accomplish. He had to do this before the night ended. He found Artosh's room, once again, and he knocked very quietly. "...Artosh...It's time..." he whispered, looking around carefully. His own "ritual" was waiting for him, and he would continue to be anxious until it was finished.

Elsewhere, Soleil was making more grilled cheese for Natalie and himself, and he was bringing it to Hikari's room so he could visit with her and Kasumi as well. He had not spent much time with them in the last week, while he was healing, and he wanted to perhaps spend more time with them now, since he was well.

The Southern Shore

The moon was low in the sky, and the dark waters of the lake were oddly calm as the night fell, with only the brisk northern wind and rhythmic tide to break the peaceful silence. The sight from the lakefront would surely have looked to be a lonely one, with not even a shadow on the now sunless horizon, and the lovingly painted sky, with all of it's beautiful colors dark and light being the lone companion to any onlookers.

The night was quiet, the docks were left unattended as the day had come to a close, and the sandy shores were devoid of human presence as the biting November cold rolled in for the evening, just as it always did. Thus, when a lone shadow rose from the distance, growing larger and larger as the minutes drew on, it was left unnoticed. It was a single small ferry painted in blue and black, bearing no markings or writing that would perhaps have revealed it's origins. The shadowed vessel, like everything else on the waters, kept with it an eerie silence as it sailed through the deep.

In little time at all the ferry had reached the shore, taking a minute to dock and lower a drawbridge down from it's rear, allowing it's three cloaked passengers to finally set foot upon the island. They exited the boat unceremoniously, not looking back as the ship left again, quietly as it had come. Soon after, they began walking north toward the center of the island, where the Academy proper was located.

The first one to get off was a man of tall stature garbed in a loose, hooded black robe, the emblem of a blade plunged through the moon emblazoned upon their back. Underneath, he wore an equally dark black jacket, military fatigues, and combat boots, the simple, but tough attire suggesting a soldierly background. However, he had a familiar face to those on the Academy grounds, a pale, weathered profile with the same tired azure eyes that seemed so ready to close and never open again.

The second was, strangely, the first to remove their hood and show their face. Youthful and pale, with midnight blue hair and piercing blue eyes, she held a curious smile as her gaze wandered to every part of the island, eagerly soaking in all of the sights that sat in front of her. Like the first, she wore borderline military attire, consisting of a heavy black greatcoat, woolen pants, and leather jackboots. Additionally, she wore a single black pendant on her neck, forged in the shape of the Jaegar's emblem, and a sheathed blade was secured at her waist, the shining golden hilt of a saber peeking out from the black.

The third stranger kept themselves wrapped firmly in their own cloak, shivering a little in the autumn cold, as if not used to such frigid temperatures. His face amd attire were barely visible under the mantle, and thus few things stood out from the outset, save for the long bamboo flute hanging like a sword at their side.

"...T-they had to send me into the cold...Me...They could have sent Katti, or Yato, or Levin, b-but noooooooo...t-they had to send me off to this damn frozen wasteland, while they get to enjoy themselves in the gods damned Balearic..." the third stranger grumbled, anger and discontent clear in the tone of his ragged, shivery voice, clutching his cloak as if his life depended on it.

The woman rolled her eyes and sighed, disappointed that her quiet time of observation was once again interrupted. "Pirou, do you always complain this religiously about a job? We have barely gotten to the objective, and yet you are whining like the child who's missed show and tell..." she mused, her voice smooth and refined, especially in comparison to 'Pirou'. "...Hell, I thought they even punished that in the Triads..." she thought aloud to herself quietly before going silent again.

"...W-well...m-maybe I wouldn't be c-complaining if I had a damn reason to be here in the first place..You ever t-think about that, Mira?" the man again protested, walking slowly behind the other two as he tried, and failed, to keep the pace. The only response he earned from those last words was a harsh scowl from the blue-haired woman.

Ruta, the first figure, only let out a heavy sigh as he walked with the two towards the Academy. He had gone through a whirlwind of lunacy these past couple days, having to deal with both the Accord and the school governors, and pull a great number of strings to get himself here in the first place, and now he had to be burdened with Pirou's incessant, childish complaints. Mira, at least, was some minor anchor of sanity in those times, but knowing her, there was guarantee things were going to stay that way...

The stone path to the Academy was not long, but in Ruta's mind terribly so for having to listen to Pirou's scattered moanings about how he didn't want or deserve to be on this island. It grew tiresome to the point that the Jaegar actually considered knocking the man out just to shut him up for a few minutes. Luckily, they had come upon the building in a shorter time than any of them had thought, the ornate, Victorian edifice of the building's exterior greeting Ruta like an old friend, and inspired wonder and interest in Mira, her sharp eyes widening to accommodate the sight. Pirou, on the other hand, was equally enthusiastic , but couldn't have cared less if it was a shanty. All he cared was that it would be warm on the inside.

The three Jaegars, without any further adieu, opened the doors and walked inside, curious as to what they would find within the hallowed walls of the Academy...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Timeskip - That Evening

The meeting ended, and while the rest of the day into the evening was peaceful, tension remained among the teachers. John remained with Katelyn and kept a close eye on her. Cecily checked on Catherine and Ambrosia, examined their labs, and kept an eye on them. The rest of the students seemed to go along with their days, while new students seemed to be arriving now. This was a positive change, new permanent residents meant that the school was getting positive press somehow. Perhaps bringing down Solaine Rise was good for the school.

Rabbit, however, had different concerns. It was night-time, and he had things he had to accomplish. He had to do this before the night ended. He found Artosh's room, once again, and he knocked very quietly. "...Artosh...It's time..." he whispered, looking around carefully. His own "ritual" was waiting for him, and he would continue to be anxious until it was finished.

Elsewhere, Soleil was making more grilled cheese for Natalie and himself, and he was bringing it to Hikari's room so he could visit with her and Kasumi as well. He had not spent much time with them in the last week, while he was healing, and he wanted to perhaps spend more time with them now, since he was well.

The Southern Shore

The moon was low in the sky, and the dark waters of the lake were oddly calm as the night fell, with only the brisk northern wind and rhythmic tide to break the peaceful silence. The sight from the lakefront would surely have looked to be a lonely one, with not even a shadow on the now sunless horizon, and the lovingly painted sky, with all of it's beautiful colors dark and light being the lone companion to any onlookers.

The night was quiet, the docks were left unattended as the day had come to a close, and the sandy shores were devoid of human presence as the biting November cold rolled in for the evening, just as it always did. Thus, when a lone shadow rose from the distance, growing larger and larger as the minutes drew on, it was left unnoticed. It was a single small ferry painted in blue and black, bearing no markings or writing that would perhaps have revealed it's origins. The shadowed vessel, like everything else on the waters, kept with it an eerie silence as it sailed through the deep.

In little time at all the ferry had reached the shore, taking a minute to dock and lower a drawbridge down from it's rear, allowing it's three cloaked passengers to finally set foot upon the island. They exited the boat unceremoniously, not looking back as the ship left again, quietly as it had come. Soon after, they began walking north toward the center of the island, where the Academy proper was located.

The first one to get off was a man of tall stature garbed in a loose, hooded black robe, the emblem of a blade plunged through the moon emblazoned upon their back. Underneath, he wore an equally dark black jacket, military fatigues, and combat boots, the simple, but tough attire suggesting a soldierly background. However, he had a familiar face to those on the Academy grounds, a pale, weathered profile with the same tired azure eyes that seemed so ready to close and never open again.

The second was, strangely, the first to remove their hood and show their face. Youthful and pale, with midnight blue hair and piercing blue eyes, she held a curious smile as her gaze wandered to every part of the island, eagerly soaking in all of the sights that sat in front of her. Like the first, she wore borderline military attire, consisting of a heavy black greatcoat, woolen pants, and leather jackboots. Additionally, she wore a single black pendant on her neck, forged in the shape of the Jaegar's emblem, and a sheathed blade was secured at her waist, the shining golden hilt of a saber peeking out from the black.

The third stranger kept themselves wrapped firmly in their own cloak, shivering a little in the autumn cold, as if not used to such frigid temperatures. His face amd attire were barely visible under the mantle, and thus few things stood out from the outset, save for the long bamboo flute hanging like a sword at their side.

"...T-they had to send me into the cold...Me...They could have sent Katti, or Yato, or Levin, b-but noooooooo...t-they had to send me off to this damn frozen wasteland, while they get to enjoy themselves in the gods damned Balearic..." the third stranger grumbled, anger and discontent clear in the tone of his ragged, shivery voice, clutching his cloak as if his life depended on it.

The woman rolled her eyes and sighed, disappointed that her quiet time of observation was once again interrupted. "Pirou, do you always complain this religiously about a job? We have barely gotten to the objective, and yet you are whining like the child who's missed show and tell..." she mused, her voice smooth and refined, especially in comparison to 'Pirou'. "...Hell, I thought they even punished that in the Triads..." she thought aloud to herself quietly before going silent again.

"...W-well...m-maybe I wouldn't be c-complaining if I had a damn reason to be here in the first place..You ever t-think about that, Mira?" the man again protested, walking slowly behind the other two as he tried, and failed, to keep the pace. The only response he earned from those last words was a harsh scowl from the blue-haired woman.

Ruta, the first figure, only let out a heavy sigh as he walked with the two towards the Academy. He had gone through a whirlwind of lunacy these past couple days, having to deal with both the Accord and the school governors, and pull a great number of strings to get himself here in the first place, and now he had to be burdened with Pirou's incessant, childish complaints. Mira, at least, was some minor anchor of sanity in those times, but knowing her, there was guarantee things were going to stay that way...

The stone path to the Academy was not long, but in Ruta's mind terribly so for having to listen to Pirou's scattered moanings about how he didn't want or deserve to be on this island. It grew tiresome to the point that the Jaegar actually considered knocking the man out just to shut him up for a few minutes. Luckily, they had come upon the building in a shorter time than any of them had thought, the ornate, Victorian edifice of the building's exterior greeting Ruta like an old friend, and inspired wonder and interest in Mira, her sharp eyes widening to accommodate the sight. Pirou, on the other hand, was equally enthusiastic , but couldn't have cared less if it was a shanty. All he cared was that it would be warm on the inside.

The three Jaegars, without any further adieu, opened the doors and walked inside, curious as to what they would find within the hallowed walls of the Academy...

Cecily was in the main office storing away the medical files for Catherine and Ambrosia, when she heard the voices down the hall. She cocked an eyebrow, a little concerned. Who could possibly be awake so late in the evening? Of course, some teachers were awake, but these did not sound like teachers. A group of women fighting, and then...the door opened. Cecily turned, and three figures in black stood her down. She recognized the first one, Ruta, and she smiled warmly. "Professor Ruta! You have returned. You were gone for quite some time. We were beginning to worry. Who are the other visitors?" She looked over his shoulder-as much as she could, despite being almost half his size-at the other two women. They seemed rather chatty and aggravated, and showed none of the tired warmth that Ruta seemed to show beneath the surface. They were cold fighters sent on a mission, and they would attend to it to the fullest. She shuddered just slightly, as she realized that they probably did not know about Rabbit, and wondered what would happen when he saw them. "...Associates? New teachers?" she inquired.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 pm

A spark, a something, deep in the heart of the woods around the Academy.

Katelyn hummed to herself as she stared into the tiny flame on her fingertip. Part of her wanted to touch the flame to the branch she perched on, let the fire consume her and the entire island in its fury.

If the island must harbor demons, let it become the Hell where they belonged. Some part of her mind whispered that, some part of her body screaming 'let it all burn'.

But she resisted. For the time being, at least.

Wherever Professor Ruta was, he was sure to return eventually, and once he did, then everything would be made right. Everything would be all right, because he would listen, he would believe her.

Pursing her lips, she blew the flame out, letting the darkness settle over her again.

Please come back...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Charlia wrote:A spark, a something, deep in the heart of the woods around the Academy.

Katelyn hummed to herself as she stared into the tiny flame on her fingertip. Part of her wanted to touch the flame to the branch she perched on, let the fire consume her and the entire island in its fury.

If the island must harbor demons, let it become the Hell where they belonged. Some part of her mind whispered that, some part of her body screaming 'let it all burn'.

Wherever Professor Ruta was, he was sure to return eventually, and once he did, then everything would be made right. Everything would be all right, because he would listen, he would believe her.

Pursing her lips, she blew the flame out, letting the darkness settle over her again.

Please come back...

"...Oh God. There you are..." John panted, as he shifted through the trees and cold foliage and found Katelyn up in one of the trees. His eyes were full of panic for the girl, and yet at the same time he was full of rage. She was not a young child. She was a teenager who had run away from her caretaker, based on some unfounded assumption that he was going to kill her in her sleep. "Get down from there, and then march back to your room. Now. I will be behind you. If you attack me, I will knock you unconscious and carry you back myself. Do you understand? These woods are dangerous after dark, and we are not having you getting hurt by whatever might be lurking here at night. Now go. And you will go right to bed. I don't want to hear a word. Got it?" he snapped.
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Luminesa wrote:Cecily was in the main office storing away the medical files for Catherine and Ambrosia, when she heard the voices down the hall. She cocked an eyebrow, a little concerned. Who could possibly be awake so late in the evening? Of course, some teachers were awake, but these did not sound like teachers. A group of women fighting, and then...the door opened. Cecily turned, and three figures in black stood her down. She recognized the first one, Ruta, and she smiled warmly. "Professor Ruta! You have returned. You were gone for quite some time. We were beginning to worry. Who are the other visitors?" She looked over his shoulder-as much as she could, despite being almost half his size-at the other two women. They seemed rather chatty and aggravated, and showed none of the tired warmth that Ruta seemed to show beneath the surface. They were cold fighters sent on a mission, and they would attend to it to the fullest. She shuddered just slightly, as she realized that they probably did not know about Rabbit, and wondered what would happen when he saw them. "...Associates? New teachers?" she inquired.

Ruta smiled slightly as Cecily greeted him, glad beyond measure that he had finally gotten to see a face of a person that wasn't out for his own blood. "...Sorry for the absence, but I've had a lot of business to take care of..." he answered at first, still smiling. But as the second question came up, his face darkened, and the smile faded from his face. He took a breath, and was just about to answer, but the woman in jackboots stepped forward in his stead, a calm smirk playing across her lips.

"I believe we can introduce ourselves, thank you," she said calmly to Ruta before looking upon the woman before her. She stood tall in comparison to Cecily, measuring about six feet in height, perhaps an inch shorter than the professor beside her. "It's been a long time, Clarent. You should know me as Shikage, or simply Zanbaru if we wish to keep school formalities," Mirai elaborated, looking down at Cecily and taking mental notes as to her appearance, and everything else in the hallway.

"Don't forget about me, damn you." Pirou replied again, sighing as he took down his hood and revealed himself. Like Shikage, his hair was a shade of blue, yet his was so much more muted, bordering more on black than anything else. His face was a little less pale, but just as young, with clear Oriental features dominating his face. "I'm Kar Yuán...or you can call me Pillowtalk, if we're still going by our Brands." Pirou replied, emulating Mirai's pattern of speech, met with mild annoyance on her part.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Cecily was in the main office storing away the medical files for Catherine and Ambrosia, when she heard the voices down the hall. She cocked an eyebrow, a little concerned. Who could possibly be awake so late in the evening? Of course, some teachers were awake, but these did not sound like teachers. A group of women fighting, and then...the door opened. Cecily turned, and three figures in black stood her down. She recognized the first one, Ruta, and she smiled warmly. "Professor Ruta! You have returned. You were gone for quite some time. We were beginning to worry. Who are the other visitors?" She looked over his shoulder-as much as she could, despite being almost half his size-at the other two women. They seemed rather chatty and aggravated, and showed none of the tired warmth that Ruta seemed to show beneath the surface. They were cold fighters sent on a mission, and they would attend to it to the fullest. She shuddered just slightly, as she realized that they probably did not know about Rabbit, and wondered what would happen when he saw them. "...Associates? New teachers?" she inquired.

Ruta smiled slightly as Cecily greeted him, glad beyond measure that he had finally gotten to see a face of a person that wasn't out for his own blood. "...Sorry for the absence, but I've had a lot of business to take care of..." he answered at first, still smiling. But as the second question came up, his face darkened, and the smile faded from his face. He took a breath, and was just about to answer, but the woman in jackboots stepped forward in his stead, a calm smirk playing across her lips.

"I believe we can introduce ourselves, thank you," she said calmly to Ruta before looking upon the woman before her. She stood tall in comparison to Cecily, measuring about six feet in height, perhaps an inch shorter than the professor beside her. "It's been a long time, Clarent. You should know me as Shikage, or simply Zanbaru if we wish to keep school formalities," Mirai elaborated, looking down at Cecily and taking mental notes as to her appearance, and everything else in the hallway.

"Don't forget about me, damn you." Pirou replied again, sighing as he took down his hood and revealed himself. Like Shikage, his hair was a shade of blue, yet his was so much more muted, bordering more on black than anything else. His face was a little less pale, but just as young, with clear Oriental features dominating his face. "I'm Kar Yuán...or you can call me Pillowtalk, if we're still going by our Brands." Pirou replied, emulating Mirai's pattern of speech, met with mild annoyance on her part.

Cecily watched the gloom on Ruta's face, and she could tell immediately that these were not friendly faces. They acted entirely out of their own inflated sense of importance, and out of their inordinate desire to be recognized. She nodded to Ruta, and then turned to the woman who had spoken to her. Despite being tiny compared to Shikage, she held herself like a sergeant. "...Mirai? The pleasure is mine." She kept a tight, prim smile, and her British accent was as sharp and glittering as the Hope Diamond.

And just as subtly dangerous.

She drew first blood, refusing to call her by her Jaegar-name, but going for her real name. "Well, well. Fresh blood is always appreciated. I do hope that you keep your skills as polished as you keep your boots. Except, of course, shiny boots are a sign that you haven't gotten your feet dirty yet. Ah well, that will come in time, sweeties. I do hope you enjoy your stay here. As for the new little chick..." She eyed Pillowtalk, and nodded to him. "You have much to learn, but I will advise you this. You are not the clothing you wear or the amount of talk you can give. You are your sword. Remember that." She then turned back to Ruta, and smiled. "Are you looking for the other teachers and students, perhaps? I can lead you to whoever you need to see."
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:A spark, a something, deep in the heart of the woods around the Academy.

Please come back...

"...Oh God. There you are..." John panted, as he shifted through the trees and cold foliage and found Katelyn up in one of the trees. His eyes were full of panic for the girl, and yet at the same time he was full of rage. She was not a young child. She was a teenager who had run away from her caretaker, based on some unfounded assumption that he was going to kill her in her sleep. "Get down from there, and then march back to your room. Now. I will be behind you. If you attack me, I will knock you unconscious and carry you back myself. Do you understand? These woods are dangerous after dark, and we are not having you getting hurt by whatever might be lurking here at night. Now go. And you will go right to bed. I don't want to hear a word. Got it?" he snapped.
At this, Katelyn shot to her feet, balancing expertly on the branch and scowling down at John. She swept her arm in front of her, forming a fireball out of seemingly nothing, and lofted it in the air, balancing it on a single finger.

"Try anything," she warned, "and these woods go up in flames, got it? You don't get to threaten me. I have the high ground, after all. I'm up here, and you're down there, and I'm the one who can take this forest and turn it into kindling if I feel like it. Nothing's going to hurt me, not anything from these woods and not you. So why don't you just go back to bed, and leave me be? Whenever Professor Ruta or Hailey get back, you can send them to talk to me, but I'm sure not going anywhere with you. And since I happen to have the advantage here, I'd say that you're out of your depth. You're just a doctor, after all. You can't fight. But I've got a pile of bodies the size of this school in my past, and if you keep threatening me, you'll get to see how they all died. Got that?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Oh God. There you are..." John panted, as he shifted through the trees and cold foliage and found Katelyn up in one of the trees. His eyes were full of panic for the girl, and yet at the same time he was full of rage. She was not a young child. She was a teenager who had run away from her caretaker, based on some unfounded assumption that he was going to kill her in her sleep. "Get down from there, and then march back to your room. Now. I will be behind you. If you attack me, I will knock you unconscious and carry you back myself. Do you understand? These woods are dangerous after dark, and we are not having you getting hurt by whatever might be lurking here at night. Now go. And you will go right to bed. I don't want to hear a word. Got it?" he snapped.
At this, Katelyn shot to her feet, balancing expertly on the branch and scowling down at John. She swept her arm in front of her, forming a fireball out of seemingly nothing, and lofted it in the air, balancing it on a single finger.

"Try anything," she warned, "and these woods go up in flames, got it? You don't get to threaten me. I have the high ground, after all. I'm up here, and you're down there, and I'm the one who can take this forest and turn it into kindling if I feel like it. Nothing's going to hurt me, not anything from these woods and not you. So why don't you just go back to bed, and leave me be? Whenever Professor Ruta or Hailey get back, you can send them to talk to me, but I'm sure not going anywhere with you. And since I happen to have the advantage here, I'd say that you're out of your depth. You're just a doctor, after all. You can't fight. But I've got a pile of bodies the size of this school in my past, and if you keep threatening me, you'll get to see how they all died. Got that?"

"...So you're going to burn down this school because a teacher wants to protect you? I will break that branch, if you set it on fire. At least if you break a leg you won't run into the woods to try and hurt other people. You do realize that you would kill all of your friends and classmates?" he barked up at her. His patience ran out, however, and he summoned a large, sharp rock in his hands. "...Actually...you know what? I'm not in the mood to take chances. I take threats seriously." He then thrust it up at the branch, impaling it and breaking the branch. Katelyn would now come tumbling down, and John waited. He would catch her, and to make sure that he could smother the flames, he covered his hands in mud.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Luminesa wrote:Cecily watched the gloom on Ruta's face, and she could tell immediately that these were not friendly faces. They acted entirely out of their own inflated sense of importance, and out of their inordinate desire to be recognized. She nodded to Ruta, and then turned to the woman who had spoken to her. Despite being tiny compared to Shikage, she held herself like a sergeant. "...Mirai? The pleasure is mine." She kept a tight, prim smile, and her British accent was as sharp and glittering as the Hope Diamond.

She drew first blood, refusing to call her by her Jaegar-name, but going for her real name. "Well, well. Fresh blood is always appreciated. I do hope that you keep your skills as polished as you keep your boots. Except, of course, shiny boots are a sign that you haven't gotten your feet dirty yet. Ah well, that will come in time, sweeties. I do hope you enjoy your stay here. As for the new little chick..." She eyed Pillowtalk, and nodded to him. "You have much to learn, but I will advise you this. You are not the clothing you wear or the amount of talk you can give. You are your sword. Remember that." She then turned back to Ruta, and smiled. "Are you looking for the other teachers and students, perhaps? I can lead you to whoever you need to see."

Mirai gave a genuine smile upon hearing Cecily's words, having heard, and said, those same words so many times before. It was refreshing to see that here, but even if they were as wise and cordial as they might have sounded to an outsider, she could feel every ounce of disrespect that those words carried with them, every ounce undeserved. She had followed the swordsman's path for eight years...If she had never once spilled blood, or otherwise gotten her hands dirty...What kind of Jaegar would she be?

Well...there was only one answer to that question. Every Jaegar damn well knew the answer to that question.

"Fresh blood, you say...? How amusing...I wouldn't have thought that you'd grown as arrogant and complacent here like the rest...But I do suppose that is only natural for those who have rested on their laurels for so long..." Mirai shot back, her face completely calm as she took the verbal blow, the coy smile remaining inch for inch the same as it had been before those words flew at her.

Kar looked as displeased with the lecture as Mirai felt, and his scowl grew only more evident as the seconds drew on. He hadn't even served a night here, and already he was beginning to hate it with a burning passion...But, at least it wasn't Běijiān...That thought usually made a situation so much more tolerable to him than it should have.

Ruta, however, gave a sharp glare to Mirai before turning back to Cecily. "...Yes, actually...How are the students doing?" he asked calmly, wanting badly to know that everyone was still alright after Paris. He wanted to ask more, but he didn't want to give Mirai too much information, for fear of too many questions on her part.
Last edited by Rhomaia on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:At this, Katelyn shot to her feet, balancing expertly on the branch and scowling down at John. She swept her arm in front of her, forming a fireball out of seemingly nothing, and lofted it in the air, balancing it on a single finger.

"...So you're going to burn down this school because a teacher wants to protect you? I will break that branch, if you set it on fire. At least if you break a leg you won't run into the woods to try and hurt other people. You do realize that you would kill all of your friends and classmates?" he barked up at her. His patience ran out, however, and he summoned a large, sharp rock in his hands. "...Actually...you know what? I'm not in the mood to take chances. I take threats seriously." He then thrust it up at the branch, impaling it and breaking the branch. Katelyn would now come tumbling down, and John waited. He would catch her, and to make sure that he could smother the flames, he covered his hands in mud.
Katelyn didn't even cry out as he broke the branch.

Instead, she started laughing, and rose further into the air, revealing how she'd managed to balance on the branch so perfectly--she hadn't been on it at all.

"Just like everyone else, you forget that fire's not the only thing I have to work with," she said with a mock sigh, staring down at John and shaking her head. "Oh, and don't worry about the school. The flames won't spread that quickly, and I'm sure they'll be able to get out in time... and then there's the water and other fire mages to control the flames, of course. But by the time they did, you'd have already been consumed, don't you know that? You might not have died... but you'd certainly have been through a great deal of pain. Do you really want to take that chance? This is your last warning, all right? I don't actually want to hurt you, but I will if you don't get out of here. Your choice."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Cecily watched the gloom on Ruta's face, and she could tell immediately that these were not friendly faces. They acted entirely out of their own inflated sense of importance, and out of their inordinate desire to be recognized. She nodded to Ruta, and then turned to the woman who had spoken to her. Despite being tiny compared to Shikage, she held herself like a sergeant. "...Mirai? The pleasure is mine." She kept a tight, prim smile, and her British accent was as sharp and glittering as the Hope Diamond.

Mirai gave a genuine smile upon hearing Cecily's words, having heard, and said, those same words so many times before. It was refreshing to see that here, but even if they were as wise and cordial as they might have sounded to an outsider, she could feel every ounce of disrespect that those words carried with them, every ounce undeserved. She had followed the swordsman's path for eight years...If she had never once spilled blood, or otherwise gotten her hands dirty...What kind of Jaegar would she be?

Well...there was only one answer to that question. Every Jaegar damn well knew the answer to that question.

"Fresh blood, you say...? How amusing...I wouldn't have thought that you'd grown as arrogant and complacent here like the rest...But I do suppose that is only natural for those who have rested on their laurels for so long..." Mirai shot back, her face completely calm as she took the verbal blow, the coy smile remaining inch for inch the same as it had been before those words flew at her.

Kar looked as displeased with the lecture as Mirai felt, and his scowl grew only more evident as the seconds drew on. He hadn't even served a night here, and already he was beginning to hate it with a burning passion...But, at least it wasn't Běijiān...That thought usually made a situation so much more tolerable to him than it should have.

Ruta, however, gave a sharp glare to Mirai before turning back to Cecily. "...Yes, actually...How are the students doing?" he asked calmly, wanting badly to know that everyone was still alright after Paris. He wanted to ask more, but he didn't want to give Mirai too much information, for fear of too many questions on her part.

"All of them are...well...most of them are well. Catherine is still recovering from severe injuries, Ambrosia is mostly resting now, Soleil is still struggling to use his Magic again, and Katelyn is...well...She is...not doing well. We have planned to give her a psychological evaluation in the morning. I should have warned you in advance, but we will need your help. When I find Rabbit, he can explain the procedure we discussed. I do not want to perhaps let such a private matter meet...unfamiliar ears..." Her eyes flitted toward Mirai for just another second. "...After all, I have my own concerns, but unlike some people, I do not wish to project my personal worries on others." She then smiled at Ruta warmly. "Would you like me to go find him?" she inquired. She knew they were not on warm terms, but he was of a higher rank than she, a mere nurse at the Academy.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...So you're going to burn down this school because a teacher wants to protect you? I will break that branch, if you set it on fire. At least if you break a leg you won't run into the woods to try and hurt other people. You do realize that you would kill all of your friends and classmates?" he barked up at her. His patience ran out, however, and he summoned a large, sharp rock in his hands. "...Actually...you know what? I'm not in the mood to take chances. I take threats seriously." He then thrust it up at the branch, impaling it and breaking the branch. Katelyn would now come tumbling down, and John waited. He would catch her, and to make sure that he could smother the flames, he covered his hands in mud.
Katelyn didn't even cry out as he broke the branch.

Instead, she started laughing, and rose further into the air, revealing how she'd managed to balance on the branch so perfectly--she hadn't been on it at all.

"Just like everyone else, you forget that fire's not the only thing I have to work with," she said with a mock sigh, staring down at John and shaking her head. "Oh, and don't worry about the school. The flames won't spread that quickly, and I'm sure they'll be able to get out in time... and then there's the water and other fire mages to control the flames, of course. But by the time they did, you'd have already been consumed, don't you know that? You might not have died... but you'd certainly have been through a great deal of pain. Do you really want to take that chance? This is your last warning, all right? I don't actually want to hurt you, but I will if you don't get out of here. Your choice."

"KATELYN. I AM YOUR TEACHER. YOU WILL COME DOWN FROM THERE NOW. YOU WILL NOT THREATEN ARSON AGAINST ME. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS." He whipped out his gun, and he aimed for her hand. "...I see how this is. You really have no respect for authority, do you? You burned down your last school, and killed an entire school of children and teachers. So that's what you turn back to, when your back is against the wall? I will defend my colleagues and students, if you threaten them. Now stop this act. Any fire you set I will put out immediately. If you fight me, I will shoot out your kneecaps and tell Ruta exactly what you did. He is not your father, he is your headmaster, and if you burn down this school, you are disrespecting him. Do you understand that? We are not acting as your enemies. You are making yourself an enemy of the school," he ordered.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:56 pm

Luminesa wrote:"All of them are...well...most of them are well. Catherine is still recovering from severe injuries, Ambrosia is mostly resting now, Soleil is still struggling to use his Magic again, and Katelyn is...well...She is...not doing well. We have planned to give her a psychological evaluation in the morning. I should have warned you in advance, but we will need your help. When I find Rabbit, he can explain the procedure we discussed. I do not want to perhaps let such a private matter meet...unfamiliar ears..." Her eyes flitted toward Mirai for just another second. "...After all, I have my own concerns, but unlike some people, I do not wish to project my personal worries on others." She then smiled at Ruta warmly. "Would you like me to go find him?" she inquired. She knew they were not on warm terms, but he was of a higher rank than she, a mere nurse at the Academy.

"Ah..."

Ruta's expression turned even more downcast than it had in those few moments before. His students, Soleil and Catherine especially, were still badly hurt and struggling with their injuries, emotionally and physically, while Katelyn was still more or less trapped inside her own mind...It wasn't a good thing to hear, for any of them. If it was that bad...

Mirai listened closely, and from what she could tell, there had been an incident (or perhaps several), wherein the students had been grievously harmed. She made a mental note of the important names, Catherine, Soleil, Ambrosia, Rabbit and Katelyn, putting emphasis on the last one. Necessary psychological evaluations were never a good sign, especially for as large an Academy as this one. It was not painting a good picture for her in the slightest, but she was getting information, even if Clarent wanted to block her off from it.

"If you can find him, I'd really appreciate it right now..." Ruta answered, worry written across his face. He didn't know exactly what was happening with Katelyn, he needed to know as soon as possible, even if it meant an extremely uncomfortable meeting with Rabbit. He couldn't care less, all he wanted to know was that she was safe, for once...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"All of them are...well...most of them are well. Catherine is still recovering from severe injuries, Ambrosia is mostly resting now, Soleil is still struggling to use his Magic again, and Katelyn is...well...She is...not doing well. We have planned to give her a psychological evaluation in the morning. I should have warned you in advance, but we will need your help. When I find Rabbit, he can explain the procedure we discussed. I do not want to perhaps let such a private matter meet...unfamiliar ears..." Her eyes flitted toward Mirai for just another second. "...After all, I have my own concerns, but unlike some people, I do not wish to project my personal worries on others." She then smiled at Ruta warmly. "Would you like me to go find him?" she inquired. She knew they were not on warm terms, but he was of a higher rank than she, a mere nurse at the Academy.

"Ah..."

Ruta's expression turned even more downcast than it had in those few moments before. His students, Soleil and Catherine especially, were still badly hurt and struggling with their injuries, emotionally and physically, while Katelyn was still more or less trapped inside her own mind...It wasn't a good thing to hear, for any of them. If it was that bad...

Mirai listened closely, and from what she could tell, there had been an incident (or perhaps several), wherein the students had been grievously harmed. She made a mental note of the important names, Catherine, Soleil, Ambrosia, Rabbit and Katelyn, putting emphasis on the last one. Necessary psychological evaluations were never a good sign, especially for as large an Academy as this one. It was not painting a good picture for her in the slightest, but she was getting information, even if Clarent wanted to block her off from it.

"If you can find him, I'd really appreciate it right now..." Ruta answered, worry written across his face. He didn't know exactly what was happening with Katelyn, he needed to know as soon as possible, even if it meant an extremely uncomfortable meeting with Rabbit. He couldn't care less, all he wanted to know was that she was safe, for once...

"Right...I'll go find him," Cecily answered, "I hope I can catch him. I'm not sure where he is..." She then walked out the room, after giving Mirai a single cold glance. She knew the woman was up to no good. Perhaps she could ask Ruta about the situation later, when she and he were alone. Regardless of the reason, she knew that Shikage probably cause nothing but stress for the recovering student-body.

She walked to the Aquo dorm to find Rabbit's room, and when she arrived she knocked. She knew he usually locked his door. "Rabbit?...Rabbit, Professor Ruta is here...He is looking for you..." No sound. She knocked again. "...Rabbit?...Hmmm...He's not in bed then..." She decided she would go hunt him down, then. He was not hard to find, not when he and she were the same species. It was like finding a sibling...though he was hardly a sibling.

She tracked his Mana, and realized that he was nowhere near the main part of campus. He was deep in the woods. Her eyes widened. Why was he so far away? And why was his Mana so weak? Was he hurt? Holding back her immediate panic, she rushed into the woods to find him. "Rabbit?! Rabbit! RABBIT!" she shouted.
-Alan Jackson

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Addison Lloyd

"Oh boy...I'm sorry." Addison couldn't help but giggle as the boy next to him tried to talk without apparently 'insulting' him. In actuality he wasn't insulted at all, but he found the way that Shaun was trying to be polite to be absolutely endearing. In fact, he found the reddening face of Shaun's to be quite...delectable.

"Oh, don't worry. I understand what you meant." Addison spoke softly. He took the hand he had placed over Shaun's and enveloped it before grabbing it with his other hand as well and placing it on Addison's leg. Not quite the thigh, that would be moving to fast in the game of seduction. Not that this was a seduction attempt. Well, that's what Addison told himself at least.

"I suppose any tips you have for school would be nice. Mainly on how to navigate this place. I got here last week and it's still an absolute nightmare to get around and find where I'm going. Is there a map I was supposed to receive when I got here? I swear, it would of been so much more helpful..." Addison trailed off in silence before smiling at Shaun.

"I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me...it mean a lot." He spoke quietly enough for only himself and Shaun to hear. He then interlocked his fingers with Shaun's in the hands that were currently touching. It would likely be pretty hysterical to see how Shaun reacts.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Finsternia wrote:Artosh Luxenia

"It's over..." Artosh said as he sat down on the cold earth, the barrier around them breaking apart and shattering like a fragile mirror. "It's finally over... Bunny-chan's pains are finally over..." The purple chaos dissipated into the air, the unruly magic manifesting itself as a curtain of aurora in the night sky. It almost felt serene and unnatural and the act of looking at it brings the image and feeling of the cold winter. Artosh brought his hands to his face as he finally sobbed to his heart's content. "It's over..." With the blurring of his vision by his tears, the exhaustion also contributed, making him only see silhouettes. He can still hear the hum and ring of power within his veins and he can feel himself getting cold. Soon enough, his coughing fit started and he covered his mouth. His body seems so frail and thin that time, like a leaf being threatened to be plucked by the wind. When he looked at his palms, they were stained by blood. He felt himself getting weaker and weaker, feeling nauseous and heady. "B-Bunny-chan..." He muttered weakly as tears still streamed down his face before collapsing from overfatigue, exhaustion and overuse.

Rabbit hurried to his side, and he held Artosh as he cried weakly. This entire experience had been too much for him. Rabbit began to regret bringing him into the ritual. He was a powerful Mage in his own right, but he was so fragile. Compared to him, Artosh was a child, one who was not used to such powerful opposition. He had also used far more magic than he was used to using, and so his body felt both too light and almost too glass-like, as though he was just moments from fading away. Even as he was exhausted, he began to use his magic to heal Artosh's body. He took one of his hands in his own, even as it was covered in blood, and he whispered to him.

"...It is going to be alright...I promise...he will not hurt you anymore...He is gone, gone forever...and you are still here...Your body can heal now...I will make sure of it..." he comforted him, though behind his mask he was also crying. He had caused Artosh this pain by bringing him into the ritual. He had brought upon his closest friend what he had sworn he would never let anyone know. "...Yes...I will heal you until the Arcane Magic's effects are reversed...I will save you, I promise...Mikhailov was a liar...I will not let you die...You will live a long, happy life, even if it means I have to die to give it to you..."

He took off his mask, and he held Artosh's head against his cheek, as though he was a tiny baby who was fussing in the middle of the night. He knew that he could not reverse the effects. Artosh did not have long to live, and when he died he would become a monster. He would not experience immediately the peaceful happiness of the afterlife. No, despite his kindness and innocence, he would wander as a damned soul among the living, until his form was finally destroyed mercilessly by a Jaegar. Nobody would remember him as the sweet, Arcane-wielding professor from Mana, but as an empty shell of hatred. Yet he could not face it. He told himself that Artosh had not used it that much, that this was an exception, and that he would be fine. He just needed sleep, and everything would be fine in the morning. His black tears traced down his cheeks, however, and were unmistakeable as they landed in Artosh's hair.

"...Yes...you will be happy...You will find someone who loves you...and you will have a family...And you will continue to be a wonderful teacher and friend...You will sleep tonight, and all of this will be a memory in the morning...But for now, you may cry here, while I heal your wounds..." He wanted to sleep himself, and he closed his eyes as he held his wounded friend, aching himself for rest. He was emotionally and physically exhausted. All he wanted to do was to apologize for causing his friend such harm, for being such a parasite, and for letting him suffer at Mikhailov's hands. Yet that would not help Artosh. He held these things inside, trying to stabilize his Mana before he carried him back to his room.

He stared up at the sky, at the twinkling stars that giggled above them. His expression softened, as he began to think out-loud. "...Your final spell, however...I must say...even as my body does not handle the light well...When I saw it, I felt I had...truly experienced a god...I had truly experienced a sort of divine love...and I wanted it...but I want far too much, don't I, for someone who already has quite a lot?...It is the envy in me...the darkness in me that wishes it was not darkness...And yet...the spark of light inside of me knows...it knows that such light is only allowed to those Mages who are extraordinarily blessed...And I refuse to let anyone take that blessing from you...not even death itself...I will find a way to reverse the wounds, and you will be able to live in peace..." he whispered, almost as though he was singing a lullaby.

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh looked at the person who was carrying him with the haze of tiredness. They look like a being made of pure white, their body, face, and hair are all white. It feels like he's being carried by an angel and he weakly smiled as he heard Rabbit's serene voice. "I-It's alright Bunny-chan... D-Don't--" He was cut short by another coughing fit and a stray drop of blood slid between his lips. "Don't worry... I'll be fine... Don't tire yourself any longer... Just bring me back to the infirmary..."

Artosh managed to laugh at Rabbit's remark on his last spell. "I-It was nothing... And you don't need to do anything Bunny-chan... You being my friend is already enough for me... Whatever fate dictates... I will accept... Whether my life is short or long... It doesn't matter... As long as the children are happy... As long as you are happy... That's what matters..."
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit hurried to his side, and he held Artosh as he cried weakly. This entire experience had been too much for him. Rabbit began to regret bringing him into the ritual. He was a powerful Mage in his own right, but he was so fragile. Compared to him, Artosh was a child, one who was not used to such powerful opposition. He had also used far more magic than he was used to using, and so his body felt both too light and almost too glass-like, as though he was just moments from fading away. Even as he was exhausted, he began to use his magic to heal Artosh's body. He took one of his hands in his own, even as it was covered in blood, and he whispered to him.

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh looked at the person who was carrying him with the haze of tiredness. They look like a being made of pure white, their body, face, and hair are all white. It feels like he's being carried by an angel and he weakly smiled as he heard Rabbit's serene voice. "I-It's alright Bunny-chan... D-Don't--" He was cut short by another coughing fit and a stray drop of blood slid between his lips. "Don't worry... I'll be fine... Don't tire yourself any longer... Just bring me back to the infirmary..."

Artosh managed to laugh at Rabbit's remark on his last spell. "I-It was nothing... And you don't need to do anything Bunny-chan... You being my friend is already enough for me... Whatever fate dictates... I will accept... Whether my life is short or long... It doesn't matter... As long as the children are happy... As long as you are happy... That's what matters..."

Rabbit's misery only became more apparent, as Artosh spoke. His eyes widened, and he shook his head several times. "...No...no, no, no..." he whispered, slowly, "...I will heal you...I will repair the damage, and you won't have to worry about it!...Won't that be wonderful?" He tried to sound as cheerful as he could, though one could tell he was dying inside, listening his best friend speak about such things. Yet the cheerfulness broke like glass, and he suddenly fell apart. "...You can't leave me now...You can't...I will not be happy...not if you die...Every person I love dies...Every single time...but I cannot let you die! I love you too much...and I promised I would protect you!...And...I will..."

He picked him up, put his mask back on, and he began to walk about to through the forest, holding Artosh gently like a little doll. "That's right...I will protect you...I will protect you until I finally drop dead..." He knew, however, that he would probably outlive Artosh, even if Artosh was healed. He was a human, after all, and he would most likely live about seventy years. Rabbit, in the meantime, could continue to live for another hundred years or so. Yet this truth only gave him more determination to show his absolute loyalty to his "charge". "...Once you at in the infirmary, I will get Cecily and she will...find the medicine that you need...I promise that..." he whispered, hastily.
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:25 am

Luminesa wrote:
Finsternia wrote:Artosh Luxenia

Rabbit's misery only became more apparent, as Artosh spoke. His eyes widened, and he shook his head several times. "...No...no, no, no..." he whispered, slowly, "...I will heal you...I will repair the damage, and you won't have to worry about it!...Won't that be wonderful?" He tried to sound as cheerful as he could, though one could tell he was dying inside, listening his best friend speak about such things. Yet the cheerfulness broke like glass, and he suddenly fell apart. "...You can't leave me now...You can't...I will not be happy...not if you die...Every person I love dies...Every single time...but I cannot let you die! I love you too much...and I promised I would protect you!...And...I will..."

He picked him up, put his mask back on, and he began to walk about to through the forest, holding Artosh gently like a little doll. "That's right...I will protect you...I will protect you until I finally drop dead..." He knew, however, that he would probably outlive Artosh, even if Artosh was healed. He was a human, after all, and he would most likely live about seventy years. Rabbit, in the meantime, could continue to live for another hundred years or so. Yet this truth only gave him more determination to show his absolute loyalty to his "charge". "...Once you at in the infirmary, I will get Cecily and she will...find the medicine that you need...I promise that..." he whispered, hastily.

Artosh Luxenia

'There is no cure Bunny-chan...'

Artosh pressed his head to Rabbit's chest, trying to listen to his heart and feel the warmth of his body. The white haired mage gave a tired sigh followed by a weak chuckle. "That would be great... I'll be counting on you okay...?" He closed his eyes and smiled. It felt good for you to have someone to rely on and lean on. For the majority of his life, he felt alien to others, was seen with confusion and misunderstanding. He felt home here with Rabbit, the first friend that he had for so long that didn't leave him one way or another. "Alright... I won't be leaving you... Not now... Not today... Not tomorrow..."

Slowly he drifted into unconsciousness with a single thought remained in his mind before the darkness took him.

'But one day... I must...'
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:01 am

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit's misery only became more apparent, as Artosh spoke. His eyes widened, and he shook his head several times. "...No...no, no, no..." he whispered, slowly, "...I will heal you...I will repair the damage, and you won't have to worry about it!...Won't that be wonderful?" He tried to sound as cheerful as he could, though one could tell he was dying inside, listening his best friend speak about such things. Yet the cheerfulness broke like glass, and he suddenly fell apart. "...You can't leave me now...You can't...I will not be happy...not if you die...Every person I love dies...Every single time...but I cannot let you die! I love you too much...and I promised I would protect you!...And...I will..."

Artosh Luxenia

'There is no cure Bunny-chan...'

Artosh pressed his head to Rabbit's chest, trying to listen to his heart and feel the warmth of his body. The white haired mage gave a tired sigh followed by a weak chuckle. "That would be great... I'll be counting on you okay...?" He closed his eyes and smiled. It felt good for you to have someone to rely on and lean on. For the majority of his life, he felt alien to others, was seen with confusion and misunderstanding. He felt home here with Rabbit, the first friend that he had for so long that didn't leave him one way or another. "Alright... I won't be leaving you... Not now... Not today... Not tomorrow..."

Slowly he drifted into unconsciousness with a single thought remained in his mind before the darkness took him.

'But one day... I must...'

Rabbit smiled down at Artosh sadly, and he nodded. "...Good. You need to trust me. I promise I'll find you a cure of some kind...And then you won't have to worry about it...It just might take some time..." he whispered, as he saw the Academy's buildings on the other side of the trees. "I will do whatever I can...I will not let you suffer that horrible fate...You are not a monster...You are a teacher here, and you will live a long life and retire a happy, old man...Please, do not give up..." He was muttering mostly to nobody now, as Artosh had fallen asleep from exhaustion, and Rabbit was over his breaking point. Even as Mikhailov was gone, he felt no release from the sentence that Mikhailov had spoken about, and that Artosh had accepted long ago. Nevertheless, he shoved them to the back of his mind, and walked to the infirmary.

When he arrived, he silently laid Artosh in a bed, covered him, and looked over him. He slept so peacefully...or was it peaceful? What sorts of nightmares did Artosh have about his future? Did he already know the monster that snarled inside of his Mana, waiting to be fully-developed and then released? He ran a hand through Artosh's hair, wiping away the black stains from his tears. He then summoned an orb of light, and lowered it into Artosh's body. His immediate wounds would be healed, and he would be protected from nightmares as the light washed away his stress. "...Sleep peacefully, Artosh...You will continue living. Even if there is no cure...I will make one..." he whispered.

The door behind him opened just a creak, and Rabbit turned to see who it was. Cecily entered very carefully, and she looked over at Artosh in the bed. "...Rabbit! Wh-What..."

"Shhhhhhhh," he hushed her. "...Artosh and I...had to exorcise one of my own spirits...and he was exhausted by the ritual...He needs some medicine against the effects of the Arcane, and perhaps some painkillers. If you don't mind..." He spoke kindly to her, knowing that she was probably exhausted from watching her own patients. "...I apologize for giving you more work..."

Cecily shook her head, and her blush returned to her cheeks. Of course, it would be rather hard to see in the dark, but she felt warm and happy around him. He always put other people before himself, even as he had to be worn himself. "...Of course. Do you need anything? Oh! And while I'm here, Ruta has returned to the Academy and wishes to see you," she added, quickly.

Ruta had returned. Rabbit was relieved by this greatly. Even as they still had an estranged relationship, Rabbit knew that he would be better with Katelyn than anyone. He would have to explain Katelyn's condition to him, and perhaps see if he would be willing to help. "...No, dear, I do not need anything...My wounds will heal by themselves, they are...mostly flesh-wounds. But thank you for informing me. I will go to see him, then. Have a good night, Cecily," he said to her, before he walked out the room silently and walked across campus. As he did so, he thought about everything he needed to tell Ruta.

And yet his mind clicked-off for a second, as he walked into Ruta's office.

There was the familiar tired Jaegar, as he expected. He remained calm and steady for his sake, but as he noticed the other two, he became anxious. More Jaegars? Ruta was mostly friendly himself, and after discovering that the Dark Mana Being had been his protector the night Yona had died, he could not exactly kill him outright. Yet the other two knew nothing about him, and if they were to discover him, he knew they would show no mercy. Even worse, they might put Ruta in harm's way. "...Hello..." he greeted the two Jaegars, "Professor Rabbit, Basic Magic Training Professor. It is a pleasure to meet you." Toward them, as with Cecily, he showed very little pleasure. Unlike Cecily, however, he remained polite and cordial, not seeking any attacks. He could not afford to do so. He then turned to Ruta and changed his tone just slightly. "...Good evening, Antonius. It is good to see you," he greeted warmly.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Luminesa wrote:Ruta had returned. Rabbit was relieved by this greatly. Even as they still had an estranged relationship, Rabbit knew that he would be better with Katelyn than anyone. He would have to explain Katelyn's condition to him, and perhaps see if he would be willing to help. "...No, dear, I do not need anything...My wounds will heal by themselves, they are...mostly flesh-wounds. But thank you for informing me. I will go to see him, then. Have a good night, Cecily," he said to her, before he walked out the room silently and walked across campus. As he did so, he thought about everything he needed to tell Ruta.

There was the familiar tired Jaegar, as he expected. He remained calm and steady for his sake, but as he noticed the other two, he became anxious. More Jaegars? Ruta was mostly friendly himself, and after discovering that the Dark Mana Being had been his protector the night Yona had died, he could not exactly kill him outright. Yet the other two knew nothing about him, and if they were to discover him, he knew they would show no mercy. Even worse, they might put Ruta in harm's way. "...Hello..." he greeted the two Jaegars, "Professor Rabbit, Basic Magic Training Professor. It is a pleasure to meet you." Toward them, as with Cecily, he showed very little pleasure. Unlike Cecily, however, he remained polite and cordial, not seeking any attacks. He could not afford to do so. He then turned to Ruta and changed his tone just slightly. "...Good evening, Antonius. It is good to see you," he greeted warmly.

Mirai's inquisitive gaze wandered to the Rabbit the second he entered the room, her azure eyes glinting in the mellow light of the corridor. Every part of the school's interior was impressive and fascinating to look at, from the numerous portraits and paintings on it's walls, the intricate inscriptions and patternry carved unto the frieze, and even the marble beneath her boots was worthy of note, but none of it caught her eye quite as well as the Rabbit did. His appearance, anomalous in regards to her surroundings, struck her immediately. A pure white mask crafted in the style of a Japanese kami, a traditional kimono, and a tall, strong, yet somehow terribly delicate stature that seemed to emphasize a gentle, yet reclusive personality in her eyes. Yet, there was no way to truly know what lie underneath from but a glance...That much was something she had learned a long time ago, long before she took up the sword.

In the meantime, the only thing Kar could gander from looking at the Rabbit was that he was some kind of freak. From experience, he could tell that people in masks were never a good sign. Either they needed to hide their identities for some nefarious reason, or they were out to kill. For all he knew, the Rabbit could have very well have been both. Thus, there was no curiosity from him, only a focused stare and a guarded stance. Quietly, he slipped one hand into his cloak, clutching the flute at his side...

"Guten abend, Professor," Mirai greeted the Rabbit in a friendly tone, giving him a short but nonetheless respectful bow. "The pleasure is mine."

Kar on the other hand simply gave a gruff scowl and a quiet grunt, not intent at all on formalities. After all, he had never really been in a position to do so, and now was far from the place to start.

"And to you, Professor." Ruta replied tersely, not wanting the observed conversation to be any longer than it needed to be. His blade brothers, though excellent companions on the battlefield, were the last people on the planet he wanted to be here, listening to his talks with a potentially suspicious character.

"...Now, I do believe there was something you wanted to tell me in private about Miss Starling, yes?" Ruta asked, his tone more careful now that he was getting to the subject that truly required his attention. He gave a subtle nod to the two Jaegars behind him, attempting to silently communicate that the present company would not be wise to include in said discussion.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:02 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Ruta had returned. Rabbit was relieved by this greatly. Even as they still had an estranged relationship, Rabbit knew that he would be better with Katelyn than anyone. He would have to explain Katelyn's condition to him, and perhaps see if he would be willing to help. "...No, dear, I do not need anything...My wounds will heal by themselves, they are...mostly flesh-wounds. But thank you for informing me. I will go to see him, then. Have a good night, Cecily," he said to her, before he walked out the room silently and walked across campus. As he did so, he thought about everything he needed to tell Ruta.

Mirai's inquisitive gaze wandered to the Rabbit the second he entered the room, her azure eyes glinting in the mellow light of the corridor. Every part of the school's interior was impressive and fascinating to look at, from the numerous portraits and paintings on it's walls, the intricate inscriptions and patternry carved unto the frieze, and even the marble beneath her boots was worthy of note, but none of it caught her eye quite as well as the Rabbit did. His appearance, anomalous in regards to her surroundings, struck her immediately. A pure white mask crafted in the style of a Japanese kami, a traditional kimono, and a tall, strong, yet somehow terribly delicate stature that seemed to emphasize a gentle, yet reclusive personality in her eyes. Yet, there was no way to truly know what lie underneath from but a glance...That much was something she had learned a long time ago, long before she took up the sword.

In the meantime, the only thing Kar could gander from looking at the Rabbit was that he was some kind of freak. From experience, he could tell that people in masks were never a good sign. Either they needed to hide their identities for some nefarious reason, or they were out to kill. For all he knew, the Rabbit could have very well have been both. Thus, there was no curiosity from him, only a focused stare and a guarded stance. Quietly, he slipped one hand into his cloak, clutching the flute at his side...

"Guten abend, Professor," Mirai greeted the Rabbit in a friendly tone, giving him a short but nonetheless respectful bow. "The pleasure is mine."

Kar on the other hand simply gave a gruff scowl and a quiet grunt, not intent at all on formalities. After all, he had never really been in a position to do so, and now was far from the place to start.

"And to you, Professor." Ruta replied tersely, not wanting the observed conversation to be any longer than it needed to be. His blade brothers, though excellent companions on the battlefield, were the last people on the planet he wanted to be here, listening to his talks with a potentially suspicious character.

"...Now, I do believe there was something you wanted to tell me in private about Miss Starling, yes?" Ruta asked, his tone more careful now that he was getting to the subject that truly required his attention. He gave a subtle nod to the two Jaegars behind him, attempting to silently communicate that the present company would not be wise to include in said discussion.

Rabbit noticed one Jaegar reaching into his pocket, and he worried if he was going to try and fight him. Attempting to fight two Jaegars, and with a healing Manastream, would not be easy. However, it was about then that his eyes looked toward Kar's face. He smiled behind his mask. He was a rookie, and young, or at least in comparison to him. Mirai was a bit older, but she also held herself with an air of subtle belligerence. "...There's no reason for either of you to feel threatened while I am in the room. I can assure you that I am an ally. And anyway, dear, pulling your weapon on a civilian is hardly polite. Something you must learn while in a place of authority is that diplomacy should be your resort. If you must resort to violence, it should be in self-defense," he advised both of them, speaking to Kar for the second part of his statement. He then turned back to Ruta and nodded once again. "Yes. Though I agree, we should speak about this...privately. After all, there's no reason to panic. By tomorrow morning, we should have the situation under control. There is no reason to raise concern about it to people who are not involved." He understood Ruta's very obvious discomfort, and attempted to help him to clear the room. He himself very obviously did not want to be in the presence of these two very unfriendly characters. Any slip could lead them to discover his identity.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Luminesa wrote:Rabbit noticed one Jaegar reaching into his pocket, and he worried if he was going to try and fight him. Attempting to fight two Jaegars, and with a healing Manastream, would not be easy. However, it was about then that his eyes looked toward Kar's face. He smiled behind his mask. He was a rookie, and young, or at least in comparison to him. Mirai was a bit older, but she also held herself with an air of subtle belligerence. "...There's no reason for either of you to feel threatened while I am in the room. I can assure you that I am an ally. And anyway, dear, pulling your weapon on a civilian is hardly polite. Something you must learn while in a place of authority is that diplomacy should be your resort. If you must resort to violence, it should be in self-defense," he advised both of them, speaking to Kar for the second part of his statement. He then turned back to Ruta and nodded once again. "Yes. Though I agree, we should speak about this...privately. After all, there's no reason to panic. By tomorrow morning, we should have the situation under control. There is no reason to raise concern about it to people who are not involved." He understood Ruta's very obvious discomfort, and attempted to help him to clear the room. He himself very obviously did not want to be in the presence of these two very unfriendly characters. Any slip could lead them to discover his identity.

Kar's scowl only became more evident with the Rabbit's chastisement, but the young Jaegar managed to hold his tongue in front of the masked professor, knowing that any snide comment he made at this point would carry no weight so long as he had two superiors around who could knock the breath out of him for it in two seconds flat. And so he remained safely in silence, with his grip on the weapon no looser than it had been seconds earlier.

"...One cannot fault a soldier for being over-cautious in unfamiliar territory, or in the presence of unfamiliar individuals. One does well to take that to heart, especially in our line of work," Mirai retorted to the Rabbit, though kept her tone remarkably steady and calm, even if she did feel ever so slightly exasperated from the Rabbit's miniature lecture. However, she did find a compromise in her remark. "...Even if my colleague may take it's meaning a step further than is needed." She finished, conceding the Rabbit's point and leaving off on an understanding note, to which Kar mumbled a curse that vaguely resembled the words 'kiss ass'.

Growing more tired with his comrades by the minute, Ruta led the Rabbit out of the Headmaster's room and into the halls, a patient Shikage listening to his footsteps, heavy and audible in the open space. The fatigue, insomnia and maelstrom of chaotic thoughts leftover from the past few days weighed heavily upon him, and the news following the assault on the Lycee did nothing to alleviate them, especially when Katelyn and Soleil came to the forefront. The both of them had already been through so much abuse, torment, heartache and strife as things were, and it pained him to no end to hear that neither had seen improvement.

"...When did everything start going wrong?" Ruta asked the Rabbit, a leaen sigh following his pained words. It seemed that he was not only asking them, but himself as well, wondering just how this turn of events had transpired...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse