NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Shade Jones

Shade listened intensively to the other teachers while continuing to quietly drink her coffee which was now colder than the others due to it being an iced coffee. So many options as to what do do with their student Katelyn were passed around yet with almost every sugesstion came a side effect that could either harm or kill her or themselves. She began to weight out the possibilities and scenarios in her mind while continuing to drink her coffee. With every choice, there were more cons than pros. But they knew that there were nothing but cons if they were to just leave her in her current state.

Looking up at everyone else, she nodded and quietly sighed. "Very well then. From what I as well as the others have considered, the second option seems to be the most valuable option. Unfortunately, none of them seem to be healthy, yet with the second one, we can have the least amount of problems. Though that still doesn't mean that we won't have any." Taking another drink from her coffee, she continued again. "If you would like...perhaps I can be of assistance as a communication hub for the ones trying to destroy this creature, and the others who watch over the Light Barrier. Through me, perhaps information can be passed through each other to make any limited amount of problems. And I can also watch over her physical body to see if anything goes wrong with it or something abnormal arrives."

Seeing that her drink has become warmer, Shade then brought the cup to her lips and gently blew on it, as the cold air passed over the cup's surface as a light frost appeared on it before backing up and bringing the cup to her mouth and drinking it again. "How does that sound?"
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Saldinado wrote:Shade Jones

Shade listened intensively to the other teachers while continuing to quietly drink her coffee which was now colder than the others due to it being an iced coffee. So many options as to what do do with their student Katelyn were passed around yet with almost every sugesstion came a side effect that could either harm or kill her or themselves. She began to weight out the possibilities and scenarios in her mind while continuing to drink her coffee. With every choice, there were more cons than pros. But they knew that there were nothing but cons if they were to just leave her in her current state.

Looking up at everyone else, she nodded and quietly sighed. "Very well then. From what I as well as the others have considered, the second option seems to be the most valuable option. Unfortunately, none of them seem to be healthy, yet with the second one, we can have the least amount of problems. Though that still doesn't mean that we won't have any." Taking another drink from her coffee, she continued again. "If you would like...perhaps I can be of assistance as a communication hub for the ones trying to destroy this creature, and the others who watch over the Light Barrier. Through me, perhaps information can be passed through each other to make any limited amount of problems. And I can also watch over her physical body to see if anything goes wrong with it or something abnormal arrives."

Seeing that her drink has become warmer, Shade then brought the cup to her lips and gently blew on it, as the cold air passed over the cup's surface as a light frost appeared on it before backing up and bringing the cup to her mouth and drinking it again. "How does that sound?"

"...That sounds fair enough. You can aid John and make sure that the body is not harmed. Though...by communication hub, what exactly do you mean? Are you going to perhaps try and speak to the creature?" Rabbit inquired, finally noticing Shade as she entered the conversation after a long period of quiet. Shade was not usually a very vocal teacher, but it was good to see her asking to be involved. Unlike the other teachers, who seemed very tense and anxious about the ritual, Shade seemed very calm. She was even drinking her coffee as she spoke to the group. Perhaps, however, Rabbit was the one who was too anxious. He took a deep breath and looked around the room at the teachers. "Does anyone else perhaps have a suggestion before we close?...Or does anyone have any problems with the given plan? I do have to thank Artosh for presenting all of our options and helping us to think this more thoroughly..." he answered.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:47 pm

"...I have to say, I'm not exactly fond of any of the options, including the one you all seem to prefer," Aether said slowly. "One tiny mistake and we have a dead student on our hands, and possibly something worse. Aren't we going at this a little too eagerly? Pushing the matter too hard could easily tip Miss Starling over the edge, as it were, before we could even do anything. Do we really have the luxury of taking that risk? How many of us actually think we could defeat a significant dark force without collateral damage? As much as I want to keep this entire situation as quiet as possible, I don't think it's possible for us to simply contain this so easily. And if we try too hard to resolve something we aren't able to, it can only end in disaster."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Charlia wrote:"...I have to say, I'm not exactly fond of any of the options, including the one you all seem to prefer," Aether said slowly. "One tiny mistake and we have a dead student on our hands, and possibly something worse. Aren't we going at this a little too eagerly? Pushing the matter too hard could easily tip Miss Starling over the edge, as it were, before we could even do anything. Do we really have the luxury of taking that risk? How many of us actually think we could defeat a significant dark force without collateral damage? As much as I want to keep this entire situation as quiet as possible, I don't think it's possible for us to simply contain this so easily. And if we try too hard to resolve something we aren't able to, it can only end in disaster."

"I agree, but we can't just sit aside while she is obviously deteriorating. Considering you and Tsukiyomi both saw something inside Katelyn, we have to take that seriously and take a chance. And anyway, we already have a significant dark force on our side," John answered, pointing his thumb at Rabbit, "so if worst comes to worst he can take the damage so Katelyn and the rest of us don't get hurt. As selfish as that sounds, that's an available option as well, but it would make for some significant complications in the future. So we can't take that chance."

Rabbit shuddered at the idea of possession. His free will was the one thing he had, the only thing that separated him from the rest of his kind as animalistic and bloodthirsty as they were. If he lost that to this demon, he would rather simply be killed rather than exorcised. "...We will take every precaution we can. Three barriers outside the room, three people protecting the body, and three people fighting the demon. Acting as a team, we should be able to get rid of the force itself, before it can harm Katelyn or anyone else further," he explained.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"...I have to say, I'm not exactly fond of any of the options, including the one you all seem to prefer," Aether said slowly. "One tiny mistake and we have a dead student on our hands, and possibly something worse. Aren't we going at this a little too eagerly? Pushing the matter too hard could easily tip Miss Starling over the edge, as it were, before we could even do anything. Do we really have the luxury of taking that risk? How many of us actually think we could defeat a significant dark force without collateral damage? As much as I want to keep this entire situation as quiet as possible, I don't think it's possible for us to simply contain this so easily. And if we try too hard to resolve something we aren't able to, it can only end in disaster."

"I agree, but we can't just sit aside while she is obviously deteriorating. Considering you and Tsukiyomi both saw something inside Katelyn, we have to take that seriously and take a chance. And anyway, we already have a significant dark force on our side," John answered, pointing his thumb at Rabbit, "so if worst comes to worst he can take the damage so Katelyn and the rest of us don't get hurt. As selfish as that sounds, that's an available option as well, but it would make for some significant complications in the future. So we can't take that chance."

Rabbit shuddered at the idea of possession. His free will was the one thing he had, the only thing that separated him from the rest of his kind as animalistic and bloodthirsty as they were. If he lost that to this demon, he would rather simply be killed rather than exorcised. "...We will take every precaution we can. Three barriers outside the room, three people protecting the body, and three people fighting the demon. Acting as a team, we should be able to get rid of the force itself, before it can harm Katelyn or anyone else further," he explained.
"Have you ever thought of the possibility that we can't get rid of it?" Aether asked pointedly. "Remember that girl we fought in France, the one with her dead sister inside of her? If this thing is as powerful as it felt, it's possible that it's integrated itself so deeply into Miss Starling that they're no longer able to be separated. You're treating this as something that's much more easy and simple than it's likely to be, especially when compared to what I saw. And as much as I hate to say it, tomorrow might already be too late."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"I agree, but we can't just sit aside while she is obviously deteriorating. Considering you and Tsukiyomi both saw something inside Katelyn, we have to take that seriously and take a chance. And anyway, we already have a significant dark force on our side," John answered, pointing his thumb at Rabbit, "so if worst comes to worst he can take the damage so Katelyn and the rest of us don't get hurt. As selfish as that sounds, that's an available option as well, but it would make for some significant complications in the future. So we can't take that chance."

"Have you ever thought of the possibility that we can't get rid of it?" Aether asked pointedly. "Remember that girl we fought in France, the one with her dead sister inside of her? If this thing is as powerful as it felt, it's possible that it's integrated itself so deeply into Miss Starling that they're no longer able to be separated. You're treating this as something that's much more easy and simple than it's likely to be, especially when compared to what I saw. And as much as I hate to say it, tomorrow might already be too late."

John sighed. Aether had seemed like she was fine with what was going on before. Why was she suddenly going against the plan? "The kid had Multi-Personality Disorder. We have no proof that this 'sister' existed, as none of us have seen her medical files and her history. So that's the only thing we can figure at this point. That would be my guess, anyway, but I digress.

In that case, this is entirely different from the case with Alessa and 'Alyssa'. We don't know what this thing is, that's the point. Even you could only get a slight glimpse on your own. We have to do this to figure what the creature is. If it decides to try and attack, that is why we are putting up barriers and such. If this was simple, we would be able to go in and get out without any worries. This might take an hour, it might take an entire day. But that's the point, we don't know. We have to take a risk at this point, because if we simply let it be it could destroy her."

He then walked over to the coffee pot and made himself a cup, in order to calm himself. No wonder Shade had a cup with her. She was probably as nervous as everyone else. He then turned around, downed the hot drink black, and sighed. "...I'll remain with her for the day, and I'll keep track of her behavior. I'll bring Shade with me. If something happens, she'll go run for help and we'll set the barriers just as we planned. As long as we have the plan, and everyone works together, we should at least be able to hold the threat," he suggested.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Shade Jones

"Hm. I was mainly talking about acting as a communication hub between you and the ones that were trying to defeat this manifestation inside of Katelyn and the ones that were protecting her body from the 'outside' if you will. Though I must wonder..." taking another sip of her drink, she continued with her question, "exactly how we can communicate with the being? I do believe that this creature inside of her has been there during your trip to Paris, no? Although I wasn't there to contribute to the tournament as I had to take care and watch over the students that remained here along with the others, I must say that perhaps this being has been a part of her even before attending Mana; its been slumbering within her, as there were perhaps other factors that made with grow, only the Paris incident being the final nail in the coffin for her and thus revealing to us the truth. Whether she knew about this or not is the question that I may ask to myself."

Hearing Aether as she explained the eagerness in their voices to go with their choice and the effects that it can have onto Katelyn's body, she closed her eyes and nodded. "Indeed. In fact none of these choice that were present to us are any less better. Though I can only image the long-term result of what were to happen if we were to allow this being to continue residing inside of her body. From what I can tell, some of the students as have already expressed their concerns and worries for the girl to the point that they should be better off not comforting her for her own good. And with the state that Miss Sterling is heading down, it may be only a small window where her own mania becomes too great even for herself, thus having her only option is to destroy herself.

But from what I can see, I must wonder the possibility of this creature being the physical manifestation of all of the worries and fears that have plagued her way before. From my observations of her before this, she seemed to be a rather sweet and quite girl that kept to a small group of people. But I guess that was just a mask. Though I wonder that her anxieties, paranoia, and overall negativity that resided deep within her seemed to have taken a physical and literal shape of a creature that currently resides in her." Looking out of the corner of her eyes to see Rabbit get a cup of coffee for himself, she quietly smirked and smiled before taking another drink from hers as her cup was now nearly empty. Hearing the suggestion that was made by the masked teacher, she softly sighed and nodded once to show her agreement to the choice and leaned back into her seat where she crossed her right leg over her left and began to think about the current state of their student was in.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:03 pm

"Hm. I was mainly talking about acting as a communication hub between you and the ones that were trying to defeat this manifestation inside of Katelyn and the ones that were protecting her body from the 'outside' if you will. Though I must wonder..." taking another sip of her drink, she continued with her question, "exactly how we can communicate with the being? I do believe that this creature inside of her has been there during your trip to Paris, no? Although I wasn't there to contribute to the tournament as I had to take care and watch over the students that remained here along with the others, I must say that perhaps this being has been a part of her even before attending Mana; its been slumbering within her, as there were perhaps other factors that made with grow, only the Paris incident being the final nail in the coffin for her and thus revealing to us the truth. Whether she knew about this or not is the question that I may ask to myself."

Hearing Aether as she explained the eagerness in their voices to go with their choice and the effects that it can have onto Katelyn's body, she closed her eyes and nodded. "Indeed. In fact none of these choice that were present to us are any less better. Though I can only image the long-term result of what were to happen if we were to allow this being to continue residing inside of her body. From what I can tell, some of the students as have already expressed their concerns and worries for the girl to the point that they should be better off not comforting her for her own good. And with the state that Miss Sterling is heading down, it may be only a small window where her own mania becomes too great even for herself, thus having her only option is to destroy herself.

But from what I can see, I must wonder the possibility of this creature being the physical manifestation of all of the worries and fears that have plagued her way before. From my observations of her before this, she seemed to be a rather sweet and quite girl that kept to a small group of people. But I guess that was just a mask. Though I wonder that her anxieties, paranoia, and overall negativity that resided deep within her seemed to have taken a physical and literal shape of a creature that currently resides in her." Looking out of the corner of her eyes to see Rabbit get a cup of coffee for himself, she quietly smirked and smiled before taking another drink from hers as her cup was now nearly empty. Hearing the suggestion that was made by the masked teacher, she softly sighed and nodded once to show her agreement to the choice and leaned back into her seat where she crossed her right leg over her left and began to think about the current state of their student was in.

Rabbit nodded and acknowledged Shade's response. He put the coffee cup down without drinking it, and he looked at her. "...Then we will communicate with the being as it comes...That will be our best option...If it is merely a manifestation of Katelyn's fear and anxiety, then it will be able to answer questions that only Katelyn will know. A Demon made of Dark Mana can only read a person's soul based on the balance of their Mana, but it will not know everything. Furthermore, a demon might be able to imitate Katelyn, but it will not be able to do so perfectly. So these are all things we will have to keep in mind. Shade, given your suggestion, perhaps you could make some questions that we can ask the being, to understand its form?" he inquired. He had never considered this scenario, but he was interested by it. A manifestation of a person's inner pain and hurt, almost like a split personality, but not quite so.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:17 am

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh shook his head as he listened. "We don't have much of a choice, Miss Aether. It is like taking a parasite out of a human's body. There will always be consequences. We can't just ask the being to get out of her body. And if this thing really wants Katelyn, it will not let go of her without the exertion of force. It might even rise from its dormant state once it's near the presence of a soul gem. We also must also get Katelyn's body out of the way once the thing is extracted out or it will take over the soulless body."

Artosh then carefully nodded with Rabbit. "We can also commune with it if it is a manifestation of some sort. But if it made of her memories, of her pain and suffering, of her bottled up emotions and negativity... That would be quite tricky... It can easily influence someone who is not quite emotionally stable..." He took a sip of his water and stared down the crystalline glass, the water rippling from the motion 'Just like me or you...'
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:35 am

Finsternia wrote:Artosh Luxenia

Artosh shook his head as he listened. "We don't have much of a choice, Miss Aether. It is like taking a parasite out of a human's body. There will always be consequences. We can't just ask the being to get out of her body. And if this thing really wants Katelyn, it will not let go of her without the exertion of force. It might even rise from its dormant state once it's near the presence of a soul gem. We also must also get Katelyn's body out of the way once the thing is extracted out or it will take over the soulless body."

Artosh then carefully nodded with Rabbit. "We can also commune with it if it is a manifestation of some sort. But if it made of her memories, of her pain and suffering, of her bottled up emotions and negativity... That would be quite tricky... It can easily influence someone who is not quite emotionally stable..." He took a sip of his water and stared down the crystalline glass, the water rippling from the motion 'Just like me or you...'

"Yes...that is why Shade would do well to speak to it, since she is emotionally stable and is probably capable of such a thing. Of course, that is not to say we will leave her to perform the task alone," Rabbit explained. He then turned to Aether. "As for the body, we will indeed have to protect it so the creature does not try to re-take it. This is why we requested that you place a barrier of light over the body, so that if the monster tried to return it would be burned and denied instead."

Trust me...if there was another way...I could rather it more than anything right now... he thought gloomily.

"...So then...we will monitor her, we will decide what we shall ask the spirit to prove whether or not it is a demon, and tomorrow we will perform the ritual. That way, we have time to prepare and time to make sure that everyone knows where they are supposed to be. Including the students. Does this sound fair?" He really wanted the meeting to end. He felt the plan that was given was fine, but he just wanted some time to breathe. He was so nervous about accidentally hurting Katelyn, both for his sake and for her own.
-Alan Jackson

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:11 am

"...So then...we will monitor her, we will decide what we shall ask the spirit to prove whether or not it is a demon, and tomorrow we will perform the ritual. That way, we have time to prepare and time to make sure that everyone knows where they are supposed to be. Including the students. Does this sound fair?"

"Quite". Was all Hestia said in response to Rabbit asking for confirmation on the plan at hand. She could sense he was becoming a bit exasperated, but she would be lying if she didn't share the sentiment. The professor took another sip of her coffee and looked around the room. At the very least, the professor had gained some valuable insight into her colleagues abilities and behaviors. What intrigued her the most was Rabbit, who earlier professed an ability of being able to 'swallow demons' as he put it.

"I can only be careful to not accidentally swallow a demon, if you will pardon to crude image, in my doing so." Yes, those were his words. Since those words were uttered, she couldn't help but scrutinize him and analyze his very being with her eyes. Hestia would have to keep an eye on this one for sure, until she had a proper gauge into what this man was able to do.

"I, of course will accommodate whatever role is required of me. No need to worry if I'm up to snuff combat wise if it so comes to it. I assure you I do not disappoint." Hestia spoke confidently. Not in a boastful way. She said it as though it were a fact someone could look up, but it could be said for most of the staff here likely. They were all instructors after all, and unless they were hired simply for their teaching ability, it would be obvious that they would be able to practically apply their abilities in combat.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:"...So then...we will monitor her, we will decide what we shall ask the spirit to prove whether or not it is a demon, and tomorrow we will perform the ritual. That way, we have time to prepare and time to make sure that everyone knows where they are supposed to be. Including the students. Does this sound fair?"

"Quite". Was all Hestia said in response to Rabbit asking for confirmation on the plan at hand. She could sense he was becoming a bit exasperated, but she would be lying if she didn't share the sentiment. The professor took another sip of her coffee and looked around the room. At the very least, the professor had gained some valuable insight into her colleagues abilities and behaviors. What intrigued her the most was Rabbit, who earlier professed an ability of being able to 'swallow demons' as he put it.

"I can only be careful to not accidentally swallow a demon, if you will pardon to crude image, in my doing so." Yes, those were his words. Since those words were uttered, she couldn't help but scrutinize him and analyze his very being with her eyes. Hestia would have to keep an eye on this one for sure, until she had a proper gauge into what this man was able to do.

"I, of course will accommodate whatever role is required of me. No need to worry if I'm up to snuff combat wise if it so comes to it. I assure you I do not disappoint." Hestia spoke confidently. Not in a boastful way. She said it as though it were a fact someone could look up, but it could be said for most of the staff here likely. They were all instructors after all, and unless they were hired simply for their teaching ability, it would be obvious that they would be able to practically apply their abilities in combat.

Rabbit did not miss Hestia's eyes, as she watched him, and he suddenly became self-conscious. He wondered what she could possibly be thinking about. She was a new teacher, after all, and she was not as aware about his...abilities. He did not want to accidentally scare her away, but at the same time it was only a matter of time before she figured what he was. On the surface, however, he maintained a calm persona, and he nodded to her. "Excellent. We will probably need you for combat, anyway, if this creature does turn-out to be a demon that must be defeated...I'm sure by this point it would have to be rather powerful being, anyway..." he suggested.

"I am fine with whatever needs to be done. For the protection of the students and for ourselves," Cecily answered, maybe a little too eagerly. She saw John staring at her with concern, as she seemed to be maybe too ready to fight things. Then again, she probably had some pent anger that she never got to use against Solaine. Or at least that would have been her excuse, if someone was to ask.

John did not like it, however. Cecily had been eyeing Rabbit during the meeting, and now Hestia had also begun to do so. Hestia was probably just confused by Rabbit's statement about "swallowing a demon", but Cecily seemed just a bit too excited by Rabbit's presence. He groaned internally, hoping Aether did not notice. Ugh. If only she would stop. The last thing we need right now is a harem-fight in the Staff room... he thought, glumly.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Shade Jones

Hearing him offer the idea of asking this demon questions, she nodded to herself and looked at him. "Yes, that sounds reasonable. Though I might need to go towards the ones that she care about the most and get more information on her for a more advanced procedural questionnaire if you understand what I mean." However she then turned towards the sound of her white-haired colleague who explained to them about having an emotionally stable being communicate with this manifestation that was inside Katelyn only to have Rabbit offer up the idea of her taking on the role. With another sip from her cup, she closed her eyes again and nodded with a small smile. "I see. Very well then; I do not object to this position." Sitting there quietly once again, she rose her back from her seat and sat up straight as the meeting was presumingly coming to an end.

She was indeed nervous as well though she had learned to mask her anxieties and worries many years ago and thus remained nonchalant and quiet in the eyes of the others. This will prove to be a dangerous and perhaps deadly mission that they must partake it. And just as Rabbit thought, if there was something else that they can do, than they would be happy to consider that option. However there wasn't any so this was the best that they can do. Sighing softly to herself, Shade looked up at Rabbit and nodded at him. "Now...Would any of you know who has a more personal connection with Katelyn? This can help with the questions that I will give the creature." Looking down at her cup, she drunk the rest of her coffee before looking back up. "Well...I guess that I'll need to go to my room and make some more. What a shame." She said a little jokingly while softy chuckling.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Hearing him offer the idea of asking this demon questions, she nodded to herself and looked at him. "Yes, that sounds reasonable. Though I might need to go towards the ones that she care about the most and get more information on her for a more advanced procedural questionnaire if you understand what I mean." However she then turned towards the sound of her white-haired colleague who explained to them about having an emotionally stable being communicate with this manifestation that was inside Katelyn only to have Rabbit offer up the idea of her taking on the role. With another sip from her cup, she closed her eyes again and nodded with a small smile. "I see. Very well then; I do not object to this position." Sitting there quietly once again, she rose her back from her seat and sat up straight as the meeting was presumingly coming to an end.

She was indeed nervous as well though she had learned to mask her anxieties and worries many years ago and thus remained nonchalant and quiet in the eyes of the others. This will prove to be a dangerous and perhaps deadly mission that they must partake it. And just as Rabbit thought, if there was something else that they can do, than they would be happy to consider that option. However there wasn't any so this was the best that they can do. Sighing softly to herself, Shade looked up at Rabbit and nodded at him. "Now...Would any of you know who has a more personal connection with Katelyn? This can help with the questions that I will give the creature." Looking down at her cup, she drunk the rest of her coffee before looking back up. "Well...I guess that I'll need to go to my room and make some more. What a shame." She said a little jokingly while softy chuckling.

"...Ruta would be excellent, but it appears he is busy..." Rabbit answered, as he held his coffee cup again out of nervousness. He had not touched it, and the drink was becoming cold. "...Hailey is also not in town, though we could always contact her and ask her questions about Katelyn...Annice is on campus, however...and we also have Basil..." Rabbit turned toward his other colleague, knowing that he was also close to Katelyn and had been much kinder to her than he had been. "...Basil, you and Shade can perhaps work on some questions to ask the creature. This would be very helpful. I would offer to aid you in such an endeavor, but I have begun to question my own knowledge of the girl, in the last few days. I hope you will pardon my ignorance. But yes, this all seems well. Have we forgotten anything, anyone?"
-Alan Jackson

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Addison Lloyd: Later That Evening

"Oh, my baby are you sure there isn't anything you need? Do you want me to bake you some of your favorite foods? I could have it there in the fortnight. Or do you want any of the dresses you left here? Some of them were so cute dear I'm surprised you didn't bring them with you". Addison smiled as he sat in his room in Mana Academy, talking on his cellphone with his mother. He loved her dearly, and even though she some would find the way his mother acted to be overbearing, he found it delightful. His mother and himself were very close after all, so if anything this was simply natural to him.

"It's okay Mama. I brought everything I need to wear here. I even made sure to bring the cute swimsuit you bought me last month. Oh, but if you could send me the chocolate chip cookies you make sometimes, that'd be great!" Addison spoke happily into the phone.

"Oh of course! I'll get right on it darling. Be sure to keep up with your studies. Oh, and don't forget to read the book I gave you!" Ms. Lloyd reminded him. Addison blushed deeply. He had forgotten to read it the night before, but luckily his mother didn't ask if he'd been reading it, but to make sure he was. Instead, he'd been in an online group chat with his female friends, all of them gossiping about anything interesting they'd seen in the halls recently.

"I won't Mama! I have to get going now, but I'll call you later, alright?" The conversation continued for a few more seconds with the pair exchanging farewells before Addison hung up his phone. He had decided to go out and get a feel for the campus before his mother had called. He'd sat down on a bench while he conversed with her, and noticed a few boys passing by as he was talking. Being new to the institution, he was likely an unfamiliar face, so he winked at the duo and giggled as they scampered away, likely confused by Addison's sudden forwardness.

Now Addison stood up from the bench he'd found, put his phone in his shirt pocket, and smoothed out his skirt. He was eager to meet more people other than those he had already made friends with in the last week of his arrival. Who knows, perhaps he'd actually get a roommate soon?
Last edited by Imperial--japan on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Timeskip - That Evening

The meeting ended, and while the rest of the day into the evening was peaceful, tension remained among the teachers. John remained with Katelyn and kept a close eye on her. Cecily checked on Catherine and Ambrosia, examined their labs, and kept an eye on them. The rest of the students seemed to go along with their days, while new students seemed to be arriving now. This was a positive change, new permanent residents meant that the school was getting positive press somehow. Perhaps bringing down Solaine Rise was good for the school.

Rabbit, however, had different concerns. It was night-time, and he had things he had to accomplish. He had to do this before the night ended. He found Artosh's room, once again, and he knocked very quietly. "...Artosh...It's time..." he whispered, looking around carefully. His own "ritual" was waiting for him, and he would continue to be anxious until it was finished.

Elsewhere, Soleil was making more grilled cheese for Natalie and himself, and he was bringing it to Hikari's room so he could visit with her and Kasumi as well. He had not spent much time with them in the last week, while he was healing, and he wanted to perhaps spend more time with them now, since he was well.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:47 pm

"Why are you still in my room?!" Katelyn complained angrily, glaring daggers at John and looking like she was having a very hard time not throwing her spear at him. "Do you have any idea what a creep you seem like right now? Leave. Me. Alone. Got it? I am having a hard enough time dealing with the rest of the crazies here without some freaky stalker-esque medic staring at me all hours of the day! Or maybe you're just waiting until I go to sleep so you can kill me, or worse, is that it? I don't want you around! Is that so hard to understand?"
"Hello? Is someone there?"

Alice started turning, the creak of the floorboards the only noise permeating the darkness at this point. She knew she hadn't imagined the voice. There was just no way... Unless she was slowly going crazy, but that felt more like something out of a movie than reality...

Then again, her current situation felt more like something out of a movie.

Reaching out, she felt her hand slapping into the wall, and fumbled for the light switch, trying to flip it and missing multiple times in the blackness. After what felt like far too long for her comfort, she found purchase, and the hall lights flickered on.
A gasp escaped her lips as

Nothing.

With a sigh of relief, she turned, only to freeze as she saw

Chiding herself for her silliness, she turned to go back to bed. Ghostly voices, really? She must have been more tired than she'd thought if she actually thought she'd heard something like that.

She left the hall lights on, just in case.

Reaching out to turn off the light, she paused as she realized that

When she reached again for the switch, she found her fingers brushing against

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

"Having some trouble?" Hikari's words broke through Kasumi's frustration, and she turned back, smiling faintly at her sister--and, of course, Natalie, who was cuddled under one bandaged arm.

"You could say that," she admitted. "I just can't seem to get this scene right."

"Which one are you working on now?" Hikari questioned. "The one with the girl who fell through the ice, or the one about the hashihime?"

"Cold as Death," Kasumi replied, folding her arms. "I'm trying to get Alice to realize that she's being haunted, but it's not really working... I don't feel like I'm giving the scene the right tone. It keeps coming out frightening, but I don't want it to be..."

"I don't know, wouldn't it be scary to be haunted at all? Doesn't really matter who the ghost is, right? Just the idea of being around someone that's supposed to be dead and isn't who they should be... seems a little freaky, doesn't it? Might be even worse if it was someone you loved."

Kasumi just sighed. "You might be right, Hikari-chan. I just... I don't know."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Charlia wrote:"Why are you still in my room?!" Katelyn complained angrily, glaring daggers at John and looking like she was having a very hard time not throwing her spear at him. "Do you have any idea what a creep you seem like right now? Leave. Me. Alone. Got it? I am having a hard enough time dealing with the rest of the crazies here without some freaky stalker-esque medic staring at me all hours of the day! Or maybe you're just waiting until I go to sleep so you can kill me, or worse, is that it? I don't want you around! Is that so hard to understand?"
"Hello? Is someone there?"

Alice started turning, the creak of the floorboards the only noise permeating the darkness at this point. She knew she hadn't imagined the voice. There was just no way... Unless she was slowly going crazy, but that felt more like something out of a movie than reality...

Then again, her current situation felt more like something out of a movie.

Reaching out, she felt her hand slapping into the wall, and fumbled for the light switch, trying to flip it and missing multiple times in the blackness. After what felt like far too long for her comfort, she found purchase, and the hall lights flickered on.
A gasp escaped her lips as

Nothing.

With a sigh of relief, she turned, only to freeze as she saw

Chiding herself for her silliness, she turned to go back to bed. Ghostly voices, really? She must have been more tired than she'd thought if she actually thought she'd heard something like that.

She left the hall lights on, just in case.

Reaching out to turn off the light, she paused as she realized that

When she reached again for the switch, she found her fingers brushing against

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

"Having some trouble?" Hikari's words broke through Kasumi's frustration, and she turned back, smiling faintly at her sister--and, of course, Natalie, who was cuddled under one bandaged arm.

"You could say that," she admitted. "I just can't seem to get this scene right."

"Which one are you working on now?" Hikari questioned. "The one with the girl who fell through the ice, or the one about the hashihime?"

"Cold as Death," Kasumi replied, folding her arms. "I'm trying to get Alice to realize that she's being haunted, but it's not really working... I don't feel like I'm giving the scene the right tone. It keeps coming out frightening, but I don't want it to be..."

"I don't know, wouldn't it be scary to be haunted at all? Doesn't really matter who the ghost is, right? Just the idea of being around someone that's supposed to be dead and isn't who they should be... seems a little freaky, doesn't it? Might be even worse if it was someone you loved."

Kasumi just sighed. "You might be right, Hikari-chan. I just... I don't know."

John sighed, frustrated. He probably needed another cup of coffee. Nevertheless, he kept his calm and stared at the girl. "...I'm not going to kill you. I'm a medic, killing is not what I do. Now, if something came in here that was not supposed to be in here, I might kill that. But I'm not going to hurt you. My job is to keep an eye on sick patients, and that includes you. I know I'm not Hailey...or Annice...but you have to bear with me until you get well," he explained. He then thought for a moment, before speaking to her again. "...Do you perhaps want something to eat? Eating always seems to make you feel better. I could go to the cafeteria and grab something for you," he suggested.

Soleil walked into the room, with the warm, savory platter steaming under a napkin. He watched as Kasumi was working on something, perhaps another ice-sculpture, and he smiled at the group. "...I-I brought enough for everyone...I just hope Natalie is willing to share...right Natalie?" he asked, smiling down at the little doll as he put the platter on the vanity in the room. He then took a sandwich for himself-since he had also made one for himself-and he sat down and watched Kasumi work.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Luminesa wrote:John sighed, frustrated. He probably needed another cup of coffee. Nevertheless, he kept his calm and stared at the girl. "...I'm not going to kill you. I'm a medic, killing is not what I do. Now, if something came in here that was not supposed to be in here, I might kill that. But I'm not going to hurt you. My job is to keep an eye on sick patients, and that includes you. I know I'm not Hailey...or Annice...but you have to bear with me until you get well," he explained. He then thought for a moment, before speaking to her again. "...Do you perhaps want something to eat? Eating always seems to make you feel better. I could go to the cafeteria and grab something for you," he suggested.
Now, there was an idea... A smile spread across her face. It wasn't the friendliest, but it was a smile, and that was something, right? "Sure, I guess that'd work fine," she said, anger less obvious in her tone now. She flopped back on her bed, rolling over and staring at Hailey's side of the room, wishing the other girl was there. It's lonely.

Food was great and all, but she mostly just wanted the people who actually cared.
Luminesa wrote:Soleil walked into the room, with the warm, savory platter steaming under a napkin. He watched as Kasumi was working on something, perhaps another ice-sculpture, and he smiled at the group. "...I-I brought enough for everyone...I just hope Natalie is willing to share...right Natalie?" he asked, smiling down at the little doll as he put the platter on the vanity in the room. He then took a sandwich for himself-since he had also made one for himself-and he sat down and watched Kasumi work.
Okay, Natalie replied, pouting slightly. She could share.

The two girls, however, had become surprisingly quiet, neither one of them looking at Soleil, and Hikari pulling awkwardly at the bandages on her arms. Does he even know? Oh gods, this'll be awkward if he doesn't know. Well, he might. Maybe someone told him. Or maybe he doesn't know and you're going to have to deal with the whole explanation part and the panic and fear thing all over again.

...This is going to be really awkward, isn't it...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:John sighed, frustrated. He probably needed another cup of coffee. Nevertheless, he kept his calm and stared at the girl. "...I'm not going to kill you. I'm a medic, killing is not what I do. Now, if something came in here that was not supposed to be in here, I might kill that. But I'm not going to hurt you. My job is to keep an eye on sick patients, and that includes you. I know I'm not Hailey...or Annice...but you have to bear with me until you get well," he explained. He then thought for a moment, before speaking to her again. "...Do you perhaps want something to eat? Eating always seems to make you feel better. I could go to the cafeteria and grab something for you," he suggested.
Now, there was an idea... A smile spread across her face. It wasn't the friendliest, but it was a smile, and that was something, right? "Sure, I guess that'd work fine," she said, anger less obvious in her tone now. She flopped back on her bed, rolling over and staring at Hailey's side of the room, wishing the other girl was there. It's lonely.

Food was great and all, but she mostly just wanted the people who actually cared.
Luminesa wrote:Soleil walked into the room, with the warm, savory platter steaming under a napkin. He watched as Kasumi was working on something, perhaps another ice-sculpture, and he smiled at the group. "...I-I brought enough for everyone...I just hope Natalie is willing to share...right Natalie?" he asked, smiling down at the little doll as he put the platter on the vanity in the room. He then took a sandwich for himself-since he had also made one for himself-and he sat down and watched Kasumi work.
Okay, Natalie replied, pouting slightly. She could share.

The two girls, however, had become surprisingly quiet, neither one of them looking at Soleil, and Hikari pulling awkwardly at the bandages on her arms. Does he even know? Oh gods, this'll be awkward if he doesn't know. Well, he might. Maybe someone told him. Or maybe he doesn't know and you're going to have to deal with the whole explanation part and the panic and fear thing all over again.

...This is going to be really awkward, isn't it...

John nodded to Katelyn, and walked out of the room to go load a plate for Katelyn. Perhaps then he could converse with her, maybe get friendlier with her. She certainly was not going to like any of them after the ritual tomorrow...if she actually managed to live. He grit his teeth behind his lips as he walked out the room, and his mind filled with many panicked possibilities. Even as the group had planned everything as much as they had, there was only so much they could actually be prepared for, and they were dealing almost entirely in variables. Nothing about this 'creature' inside Katelyn was a set thing. He shook his head, however, trying to remain calm and focused. Aether would be with him, if this thing did attack there was no reason to be afraid. All of the teachers were a team, right?

"...I-Is something the matter?" Soleil wondered if he had perhaps walked into a private conversation. Their eyes were on the ground, and they seemed very nervous. Usually they were very happy to see him, yet now they simply seemed sad. As he gave Natalie her sandwich, he walked over to them and sat with them. "...P-Please, if I...i-if you don't want me here, please just...tell me..." he begged. Yet then he noticed the bandages all the way up Hikari's arms. Since Hikari did not visit him often, he had never seen them, and his eyes widened. "...Y-Your arms...they're all bandaged-up...Are you okay?...D-Did you hurt yourself?..." he inquired, wondering if he should simply leave.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Luminesa wrote:John nodded to Katelyn, and walked out of the room to go load a plate for Katelyn. Perhaps then he could converse with her, maybe get friendlier with her. She certainly was not going to like any of them after the ritual tomorrow...if she actually managed to live. He grit his teeth behind his lips as he walked out the room, and his mind filled with many panicked possibilities. Even as the group had planned everything as much as they had, there was only so much they could actually be prepared for, and they were dealing almost entirely in variables. Nothing about this 'creature' inside Katelyn was a set thing. He shook his head, however, trying to remain calm and focused. Aether would be with him, if this thing did attack there was no reason to be afraid. All of the teachers were a team, right?
It only took a few minutes for Katelyn's demeanor to change entirely, and she bounded out of bed, snatching up her spear. Finally! He's gone. Now I can get out of here.

It didn't take long at all for her to abandon the room, and it took even less time for her to vanish into the woods around the school. I'll hide out here until I can get hold of someone who actually cares whether I live or die...

Such were her plans, anyway. But as had just been proven, whatever hid inside of her had plans of its own. And it didn't care what it had to do to make them happen.
Luminesa wrote:"...I-Is something the matter?" Soleil wondered if he had perhaps walked into a private conversation. Their eyes were on the ground, and they seemed very nervous. Usually they were very happy to see him, yet now they simply seemed sad. As he gave Natalie her sandwich, he walked over to them and sat with them. "...P-Please, if I...i-if you don't want me here, please just...tell me..." he begged. Yet then he noticed the bandages all the way up Hikari's arms. Since Hikari did not visit him often, he had never seen them, and his eyes widened. "...Y-Your arms...they're all bandaged-up...Are you okay?...D-Did you hurt yourself?..." he inquired, wondering if he should simply leave.
...I guess he didn't know, Hikari thought, glancing away. "I'm fine now," she said quietly. "I just... some things happened and I... Well, I guess I was in a worse place than I thought..." Her voice cracked briefly, causing Natalie to reach up and pat Hikari's face with one floppy arm.

It's okay, Mama! she said cheerfully. See, now I'm sticking with you so you don't have to be sad anymore. So... don't be sad!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:John nodded to Katelyn, and walked out of the room to go load a plate for Katelyn. Perhaps then he could converse with her, maybe get friendlier with her. She certainly was not going to like any of them after the ritual tomorrow...if she actually managed to live. He grit his teeth behind his lips as he walked out the room, and his mind filled with many panicked possibilities. Even as the group had planned everything as much as they had, there was only so much they could actually be prepared for, and they were dealing almost entirely in variables. Nothing about this 'creature' inside Katelyn was a set thing. He shook his head, however, trying to remain calm and focused. Aether would be with him, if this thing did attack there was no reason to be afraid. All of the teachers were a team, right?
It only took a few minutes for Katelyn's demeanor to change entirely, and she bounded out of bed, snatching up her spear. Finally! He's gone. Now I can get out of here.

It didn't take long at all for her to abandon the room, and it took even less time for her to vanish into the woods around the school. I'll hide out here until I can get hold of someone who actually cares whether I live or die...

Such were her plans, anyway. But as had just been proven, whatever hid inside of her had plans of its own. And it didn't care what it had to do to make them happen.
Luminesa wrote:"...I-Is something the matter?" Soleil wondered if he had perhaps walked into a private conversation. Their eyes were on the ground, and they seemed very nervous. Usually they were very happy to see him, yet now they simply seemed sad. As he gave Natalie her sandwich, he walked over to them and sat with them. "...P-Please, if I...i-if you don't want me here, please just...tell me..." he begged. Yet then he noticed the bandages all the way up Hikari's arms. Since Hikari did not visit him often, he had never seen them, and his eyes widened. "...Y-Your arms...they're all bandaged-up...Are you okay?...D-Did you hurt yourself?..." he inquired, wondering if he should simply leave.
...I guess he didn't know, Hikari thought, glancing away. "I'm fine now," she said quietly. "I just... some things happened and I... Well, I guess I was in a worse place than I thought..." Her voice cracked briefly, causing Natalie to reach up and pat Hikari's face with one floppy arm.

It's okay, Mama! she said cheerfully. See, now I'm sticking with you so you don't have to be sad anymore. So... don't be sad!

Soleil stared at her, and he heard the crack in her voice. "...Y-You...y-you were sad?...Wh-Why were you sad?..." He put a hand on her arm, very lightly so as to not aggravate whatever wounds lie beneath it. ...Her arms...how long have they been like this?...Sh-She...d-did she... He was too afraid to ask, but he knew that whatever wounds she hid, they were not like those on his own arms. He had gotten those from beatings, from punishments, as a result of not wanting to learn Dark Magic. "...H-Hikari-san...you...you did not...try to hurt yourself...did you?..." He looked her in the eyes, his expression serious and frightened for her. Just asking the question caused the life, the pleasantness of the room, to melt away like blood on a sidewalk, during a storm.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Shaun Calhoun

Earlier that Afternoon

Now that classes were over and the sun has gone down enough to where it was cooler and the rest of the students were in their rooms doing homework or relaxing before the next day, now was the best time to go and do a little bit of walking around and maybe some jogging around the area. Saying goodbye to Soleil as well as everyone else, Shaun returned to his room where he quickly done his assignments and homework needed for the next day as well as play with Leon for some time before he became sleepy and soon rested on Shaun's bed. Once he was sleep, the teen sighed and shook his head jocularly at the sight before leaning in and kissing his feline companion on his head; afterwards he walked over to his closet where he switched out his clothes for something more comfortable. Which for him, was a pair of shorts, with a graphic tank top, and some sneakers.

Sighing to himself once again, he went to the bathroom where he replaced his glasses with his contact lenses- something that always seemed to make him squeamish and nervous due to the fact that it was his eyes that he was playing with so-to-speak- and washed his face and such before grabbing any other necessary, including a white small towel this time around, items before walking out of his room and out of the dorm rooms where he walked towards the gym. It was nice knowing that they stood open all this time. Really helps when you have pent up energy or stress and can't just sleep. Nice to just go work it away and lay back down. As much as people might stay up late into the night because of a workout, the opposite went for Shaun as doing so tired him out practically.
And so, with the gym practically all to himself at this time of the day, Shaun got his phone out of his pocket and turned on some music as loud as he can before starting his daily exercise ritual.

Later that Evening

It was now late in the day to the point where daylight was becoming limited. The coolness of the autumn breeze swept across the school grounds as the sun was almost under the horizon with the moon slowly revealing itself on the adjacent side of the star. Shaun himself was done with his work out now sweaty as usual; the smell of blueberries and oranges and vanilla was still there, albeit nearly gone due from the build-up of sweat. It was a rather unpleasant thing indeed. But a shower could wait for a little while longer. And with the towel draped over his shoulders, Shaun headed out of the gym where he made his way to the courtyard for his daily observation of the fountain and the docks as they both looked out at the lake and towards the sunset.

Well, a certain spot was.

A certain bench that was seated in at an angle near the center where it had an equal view of the fountain, as well as the docks and lake where the sun's reflection and artistic colors would shine over them all as it departed for the night. And soon after, the moon's light would replace the sun's as it comes up for the night. After a workout session, break from classes, or just to relax and have a tranquil and quiet time there, this was where he would go to unwind and think. About everything and everyone. About small things and large ones. Some mundane and some serious. But whatever it was, it was on this bench. Sighing to himself as he finally made his way towards the bench, Shaun stopped to see that there was something wrong with his bench. Something that shouldn't be there. Not when he was there, no. He had it planned when and where to sit on that bench, now it was all ruined. There was somebody there.

With widen eyes, Shaun began to wonder who was this person there standing in his spot. He had never seen them before. They appeared to be new here. She had long red hair and golden-red eyes by the looks of it.

Don't worry about it. Nothing to be so riled up about. She's probably new here, so she doesn't know. Just go sit down at the spot beside her and everything will be back to normal...

This was what he told himself as he took a couple of seconds to breath in and out before just sighing deeply and walking over to where the new student was. Looking at her, Shaun smiled softly at her before sitting on the bench and sighing in relief. The cool breeze that was coming in felt like heaven. And even though the view wasn't as great as the one that he's use to. at least it offered him all the same things towards his enjoyment. Leaning back on the bench, he raised his hand up and combed through his snowy white hair as it was a little damp from his head and sighed softly as the sounds of only the fountain and the rustling of the trees from the leaves above filled his ears and the sight of the dancing of the water from the fountain along with the lake itself and the dark brown docks as the sun still remained in the air caught his eyes.

Digging into his pockets, he pulled out his phone where he grabbed his earbuds and put one of them in his ear and turned on the music while the other enjoyed the sounds of nature; the perfect combination of noises was a phenomenon that made him feel as though there wasn't anything wrong. That all was well and that things? They were alright. Sure, his sear got taken, but now, it was over with. This one was nice for him, and that's all that matters. His routine still went on as planned and there's nothing wrong with that.

I love when a plan comes together...

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 am

Luminesa wrote:Timeskip - That Evening

The meeting ended, and while the rest of the day into the evening was peaceful, tension remained among the teachers. John remained with Katelyn and kept a close eye on her. Cecily checked on Catherine and Ambrosia, examined their labs, and kept an eye on them. The rest of the students seemed to go along with their days, while new students seemed to be arriving now. This was a positive change, new permanent residents meant that the school was getting positive press somehow. Perhaps bringing down Solaine Rise was good for the school.

Rabbit, however, had different concerns. It was night-time, and he had things he had to accomplish. He had to do this before the night ended. He found Artosh's room, once again, and he knocked very quietly. "...Artosh...It's time..." he whispered, looking around carefully. His own "ritual" was waiting for him, and he would continue to be anxious until it was finished.

Elsewhere, Soleil was making more grilled cheese for Natalie and himself, and he was bringing it to Hikari's room so he could visit with her and Kasumi as well. He had not spent much time with them in the last week, while he was healing, and he wanted to perhaps spend more time with them now, since he was well.

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh spent the rest of the afternoon preparing for Rabbit's own ritual. He spent time psyching himself, getting some proper equipment and have done some research. "It's just a soul... No need to worry..." He said has he stuffed four quartz crystals inside a bag and went to answer the door. Drawing the rune on the wooden door, it vanished to reveal the masked face of Rabbit. He was clearly nervous. Artosh can hewr it in his voice as he whispered it in the dead of the night. "Yeah. I'm ready Bunny-chan."
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:08 am

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Timeskip - That Evening

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh spent the rest of the afternoon preparing for Rabbit's own ritual. He spent time psyching himself, getting some proper equipment and have done some research. "It's just a soul... No need to worry..." He said has he stuffed four quartz crystals inside a bag and went to answer the door. Drawing the rune on the wooden door, it vanished to reveal the masked face of Rabbit. He was clearly nervous. Artosh can hewr it in his voice as he whispered it in the dead of the night. "Yeah. I'm ready Bunny-chan."

Rabbit nodded to him, and then he turned and led Artosh out of the building. He was silent as they walked out the dorm, but once they got closer to the woods, he began to speak much more. "...There are rules to the ritual that you need to know. The soul's number-one goal is to be acknowledged. Acknowledgement means welcoming a ghost as a part of the world, rather than as a wandering spirit that must leave the Earth. In order for it to be acknowledged, it will speak to you and I. We must focus, however, on completing the ritual. If we allow the ghost too much power over us, it may not only break the barrier, but it may seek to possess one of us..."

As the woods got darker and colder, and neither man could see their features anymore, Rabbit became silent again for a few more moments. He was deep in his thoughts, wondering if it was right to drag Artosh into this. He was the only one who had seen his nightmare, but he was also not the strongest of the Staff. Yet now, as he walked behind him, Rabbit felt that he trusted him more for some reason. Perhaps it was because of his loyalty...Artosh had never failed to defend him before. As weak as he was, he always put others ahead of his own safety. He only hoped that this time it would not get him killed...or worse...possessed by the man who had nearly destroyed Rabbit, fifty years ago.

They finally reached a clearing in the middle of the woods, where the light of the moon gave them just enough light to see each other. Rabbit stopped here, and then turned around to face his friend. "...One more thing...and this is of utmost importance, before we begin...If I am possessed by the being at any point...do not speak to me or even look at me. I ask in that case...that you will kill me immediately. Understood?" He spoke gently to him, even as his words were a dreadful warning about a very-real possibility. If Rabbit was possessed, there was no telling who he would hurt, and he would rather die than hurt Artosh.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse