NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Perhaps...y-you can wear...um...banana-scented cologne! M-Maybe that would make your kitty happier?" Soleil suggested. He continued to cuddle the little cat, and he held his head against his cheek as the creature went to sleep. It was very friendly, and did not seem to mind his cradling. As Shaun rushed away, Soleil walked back to his dorm with the cat, and he brought him to his room.

His room continued to be very quiet and lonely, as he entered it, burn being back in his lonely room after so long did not bother him. This was his room, his bed, his most sacred place. He would not mind sharing it with someone else, and sometimes wished he could, but this way was also fine. As he arrived, he closed the door behind him and put his cat on the bed, next to his backpack. "...Hmmm...Bananas...bananas...Do I have any of those?...Hm..." He walked over to his fridge and looked inside. Sure enough, there was some banana pudding he had brought back with him, earlier that week. "...M-Maybe...we can share some of this..." He got a plate, and a plastic spoon, and he scraped some of the pudding onto a plate. He then placed it in front of Leon, and sat next to him on the bed.

"Y-You better eat quickly...I will have to go to class soon, a-and we can't eat in class...Okay? So you be good and get your tummy full..." he whispered, petting the cat gently. He looked out the window. He could not be useless. Could he? How had his fighting skills progressed along those of his classmates?...He could never remember a time where he had fought by himself. He had fought some of Lynefleur's zombies, but even then he could not remember some of the fighting. Patches of blackness sat in his mind, like dull, lead weights, obscuring what truly lie in the spaces they occupied. "...I-I do need to become...a better fighter...I-I...must learn, before something else happens...I-I have to be able to fight...if I want to help my friends...a-and...

...to be a Jaegar..."

Shaun Calhoun

As Shaun prepare his clothes for today to wear and went to go and take a shower, Leon himself was carried away by Soleil to his room where he was placed on his bed and watched quietly as he ran around his room before laying his head on his backpack and yawned softly listening to him speak and retrieve something from his fridge and looked at him with his small beady amber eyes that followed him around the room as he grabbed the supplies needed to give him the pudding.
Watching even more as he came over and sat down next to him with a plate in front of him, Leon raised his head up to smell of the food in front of him to recognize the familiar smell of bananas for which he licked hesitantly at first before the hit of bananas kicked in causing him to eat more of it and get some of it on his face and whiskers; occasionally smacking his mouth to get it all down.

Once he was done eating the pudding as there was practically nothing left on it, Leon licked his face and whiskers as well as his paws before shaking his fur and yawning and curling up in a ball next to the plate and deeply exhaling as he rested once more; this time his eyes focused onto the boy's words with a sense of nonchalance and purring to himself before hiding his head in his paws and resting.

He watched Leon as he fell asleep, and he smiled at him. He was glad to see the cat enjoyed his little snack, and he felt better about himself for it. "...You're not worried about anyone, are you?...You're just a cat...As long as people snuggle you, that is your happiness..." he whispered, as he continued to pet the little cat. He then stared up at the ceiling, as he began to scratch Leon gently behind the ears. "...Am I like a cat then?...Simply happy when I am loved?...But even cats can fight...They have claws and...they can hiss at things...I-I can't even get words out right, never mind hiss...B-But...I will become stronger, Leon...I must...That way...I can help your owner when he goes to fight...I love him a lot, and I want to take care of him...just like he takes care of you! Wouldn't that be nice?" he asked the little creature, as he continued to doze.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"Strange? That's debatable, actually. Around here, this almost sounds like a compliment. All of the people here, the ones at our side, are strange. And if you don't want to look at it this way... There are stranger people here. You don't breath fire or wear a mask, I guess."

The phrase came out at a joking tone, trying to lighten up the mood. Clearly Ambrosia was sad, but also happy to find friends around her. Her tears showed it more than her words could.

"Ambrosia... Don't need to pretend that you are a royal, or some fancy noble. No one actually cares about them most of the times. They are just people that everyone dislike, that eventually turn into objects that represent values and balance. If these values are needed, they are needed. If not... Well, you know what happens. I am just... Used to perceive it like this, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Just... Be yourself, with all of those fancy dresses and shoes, but this time, don't hate yourself if you look to your image in the mirror. Let your siblings have their apples. You can have the rest of the fruits, right? Now, before the doctors here banish me from this place, I'll leave you to your rest. Have a pleasant day."

With that, Henry left the infirmary, feeling that he accomplished his objective. He brought her back home, and was helping her to recover from a series of tragedies. But only time, one of the most beautiful and inventive gods would be able to tell if he was going to recover from his own tragedies.

Basil Smith

He placed his tea cup on the table, as he crossed his legs and stroked his chin thoughtfully, eventually passing his hand through his mustache, like someone who was clearly using the brain contained in the bald head to search for an answer.

"Rabbit... Philosophers of all world, most brilliant than me, were never able to answer the question of what love is. It's very concept ties itself with an image, an image of something you actually love or loved the most. There are countless types of love as well.

This question... Is tricky for me, Rabbit. I won't deny to you that I don't have the answer you are looking for. I'm a father. Two daughters and one son are always waiting for me at each vacation or holiday I have here, and I denied the opportunity to travel to Paris for them. My wife as well.

See, Rabbit, the essence of love... Is what I feel when I step back at home and see them talking about their college. Is when I hear their discussions about politics, or even about which sports team is better. Is what I feel when we are finally able to sit and eat, quietly or not. The concept of love is irrelevant. The essence, the feeling that you have when you walk into a classroom and teach, when you enter that small castle that you call 'home'... This is what I call love.

And to protect this, Rabbit... Few things would stop me from protecting these sources of love, as I often call them."

Rabbit listened quietly to Basil's story, and how he spoke of such mundane things in the lives of his children. Their classes, politics, sports, sitting and eating with the family quietly, these images might seem boring to someone like Basil. They were everyday occurrences, like the peaceful flow of the sea through time, and while they made little noise, they meant so much to Basil. Rabbit clutched his tea-cup just a little tighter thinking about these simple things. To him, they represented an unreachable peace, the pinnacle of living. The closest thing that a being such as himself could ever come to a Heaven was simply having a quiet, cheery conversation about school with one's children and wife.

"...No...This is good. The essence of love...not merely the vase, but the water and roses inside...That is...beautiful...All of those simple, precious moments...That is certainly love...And loving them for the sake of love...for their sake, not for your own...Yes...That is how it should be..." he answered, his voice becoming a bit of a mumble as he answered him. He was caught in his own thoughts, his own dreams, as he stared blankly into his now-cool cup of tea. As he spoke, he began to blush, knowing his emotions were probably a little visible to his colleague at this point.

Basil...you may see them as ordinary things...but how I wish I could also experience...such complete happiness...All I can do is listen, and picture those happy things...and walk into the museum of someone else's heart...How much I seek for it...Such a perfect love...such completion...Such peace...But who...who will hear the prayers of a being with no soul? Who would ever give me what was never mine to have in the first place?...A miracle would have to happen...So I can only sit here with you and smile...And be happy...for the sake of love... he thought, sadly.

Basil Smith

Picking up his cup of tea once more, he refilled it with more tea, and drank a little bit more. It was clear that his colleague was sad, probably due to the lack of a conventional family.

"Rabbit... I can see that you are sad. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about it, Rabbit, be calm. I see your bandages around your eyes, and I might think that you are blind, by the different way you move around without your mask. Allow me to say one thing.

You are blind physically and emotionally, I guess. Or hurt, as the unconditional obedience you've mentioned before often leaves some wounds before. So what if you don't have children, and a wife or a husband? Sorry for this one, never figured your gender.

You have this Academy, Rabbit. Every single student here cares about you, and would receive you at their houses, and every single student here would listen to your tales, your stories, your discussions. But for reasons I fail to understand properly, you see to isolate yourself from their affection.

Talk to one of them. Ask those things. See their answers and this sadness that inhabits your face will met its end."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit listened quietly to Basil's story, and how he spoke of such mundane things in the lives of his children. Their classes, politics, sports, sitting and eating with the family quietly, these images might seem boring to someone like Basil. They were everyday occurrences, like the peaceful flow of the sea through time, and while they made little noise, they meant so much to Basil. Rabbit clutched his tea-cup just a little tighter thinking about these simple things. To him, they represented an unreachable peace, the pinnacle of living. The closest thing that a being such as himself could ever come to a Heaven was simply having a quiet, cheery conversation about school with one's children and wife.

"...No...This is good. The essence of love...not merely the vase, but the water and roses inside...That is...beautiful...All of those simple, precious moments...That is certainly love...And loving them for the sake of love...for their sake, not for your own...Yes...That is how it should be..." he answered, his voice becoming a bit of a mumble as he answered him. He was caught in his own thoughts, his own dreams, as he stared blankly into his now-cool cup of tea. As he spoke, he began to blush, knowing his emotions were probably a little visible to his colleague at this point.

Basil...you may see them as ordinary things...but how I wish I could also experience...such complete happiness...All I can do is listen, and picture those happy things...and walk into the museum of someone else's heart...How much I seek for it...Such a perfect love...such completion...Such peace...But who...who will hear the prayers of a being with no soul? Who would ever give me what was never mine to have in the first place?...A miracle would have to happen...So I can only sit here with you and smile...And be happy...for the sake of love... he thought, sadly.

Basil Smith

Picking up his cup of tea once more, he refilled it with more tea, and drank a little bit more. It was clear that his colleague was sad, probably due to the lack of a conventional family.

"Rabbit... I can see that you are sad. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about it, Rabbit, be calm. I see your bandages around your eyes, and I might think that you are blind, by the different way you move around without your mask. Allow me to say one thing.

You are blind physically and emotionally, I guess. Or hurt, as the unconditional obedience you've mentioned before often leaves some wounds before. So what if you don't have children, and a wife or a husband? Sorry for this one, never figured your gender.

You have this Academy, Rabbit. Every single student here cares about you, and would receive you at their houses, and every single student here would listen to your tales, your stories, your discussions. But for reasons I fail to understand properly, you see to isolate yourself from their affection.

Talk to one of them. Ask those things. See their answers and this sadness that inhabits your face will met its end."

Artosh's words came back to him. Count his friends. Rabbit lifted his head and turned toward Basil once again, smiling softly at him. He decided then that he would be more open to his friend, specifically about his deepest desire. "...I...have always been rather afraid to reveal my entire life to others...It is a...rather disturbing tale...And while I am at home here...I am still learning to let my guard down...But the pain never really leaves, Basil...I am...surrounded by people I love...who I consider to be my family and my children...and yet...I have always had a desire to raise a family of my own...

To create life...It's so beautiful, to hear the stories of the lives others have created, and to be a part of them even in a small way...And yet I have always wondered at the miracle...of looking into the eyes of someone you created with someone else, in an act of complete love and adoration for one another...Looking into the eyes of a small person who...entirely relies on you for their love and care...I have experienced many things. I have traveled the world, I have met many people, and I have given my heart away...many, many, many times...Perhaps too many...But this quiet act, the act of bringing a child into the world...I have never felt it...and I want it..."

He finished the tea, and while it was cold, it still retained its soothing, bittersweet flavor and fresh scent. He put the empty cup down and turned back to Basil. "...But I cannot have it...My body will not allow it...It will not allow me to produce life in any way...That is why I turn as much as I can to our students...They are...the only chance I will ever have...That is why I have poured so much into loving them, perhaps too much even, at times...All of the pain they have ever felt makes me sick...I only want to take them from it and to make them all mine...even Katelyn, as hostile as she may feel toward me...but...I cannot..." he sighed raggedly, as though all of his life on earth had truly caught him at this point.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Luminesa wrote:He watched Leon as he fell asleep, and he smiled at him. He was glad to see the cat enjoyed his little snack, and he felt better about himself for it. "...You're not worried about anyone, are you?...You're just a cat...As long as people snuggle you, that is your happiness..." he whispered, as he continued to pet the little cat. He then stared up at the ceiling, as he began to scratch Leon gently behind the ears. "...Am I like a cat then?...Simply happy when I am loved?...But even cats can fight...They have claws and...they can hiss at things...I-I can't even get words out right, never mind hiss...B-But...I will become stronger, Leon...I must...That way...I can help your owner when he goes to fight...I love him a lot, and I want to take care of him...just like he takes care of you! Wouldn't that be nice?" he asked the little creature, as he continued to doze.

Shaun Calhoun

Leon continued to close his eyes as he was being petted by Soleil and arched his back slightly from being tensed before calming down and listening to the boy give his small analogy on him and the human and opened his eyes to growl softly and get up and trotted over and sat in his lap while purring quietly and sleeping once more as he petted him.
After some time has passed Shaun finished his shower now smelling of his usual blueberry/orange and vanilla scent and got dressed in his usual casual yet fabulous outfit he walked towards the cafeteria where he grabbed a large bag of trail mix and a jar of peanut butter where he mixed both together and ate it before he made his way to the Venta dormitories and eventually towards Soleil's room and knocked ob the door which caused Leon to shoot his head and and dart his eyes towards the door and meowed outloud before jumping off of Sol's lap and onto the floor where he laid down in the corner of his room and once again slept peacefully.

"Hey Soleil! Its cha boy Shaun the Sheep!" The teen exclaimed cheerfully while rocking onto his heels as usual while idly playing with his earring.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Basil Smith

Artosh's words came back to him. Count his friends. Rabbit lifted his head and turned toward Basil once again, smiling softly at him. He decided then that he would be more open to his friend, specifically about his deepest desire. "...I...have always been rather afraid to reveal my entire life to others...It is a...rather disturbing tale...And while I am at home here...I am still learning to let my guard down...But the pain never really leaves, Basil...I am...surrounded by people I love...who I consider to be my family and my children...and yet...I have always had a desire to raise a family of my own...

To create life...It's so beautiful, to hear the stories of the lives others have created, and to be a part of them even in a small way...And yet I have always wondered at the miracle...of looking into the eyes of someone you created with someone else, in an act of complete love and adoration for one another...Looking into the eyes of a small person who...entirely relies on you for their love and care...I have experienced many things. I have traveled the world, I have met many people, and I have given my heart away...many, many, many times...Perhaps too many...But this quiet act, the act of bringing a child into the world...I have never felt it...and I want it..."

He finished the tea, and while it was cold, it still retained its soothing, bittersweet flavor and fresh scent. He put the empty cup down and turned back to Basil. "...But I cannot have it...My body will not allow it...It will not allow me to produce life in any way...That is why I turn as much as I can to our students...They are...the only chance I will ever have...That is why I have poured so much into loving them, perhaps too much even, at times...All of the pain they have ever felt makes me sick...I only want to take them from it and to make them all mine...even Katelyn, as hostile as she may feel toward me...but...I cannot..." he sighed raggedly, as though all of his life on earth had truly caught him at this point.

Basil Smith

"This, Rabbit... Is also the drama of many humans. Infertility, for many reasons or causes. It's... Traumatic. Professor, you are... Currently overvaluing the unachievable things and undervaluing the ones right around you. In simpler words and context, you are taking the quickest way to suffering ever registered by the mankind.

You've conquered quite a few achievements, Rabbit. Independence, a rare thing for Dark Mana Beings - no offense - is one of them. You are accepted by the academic community, at least here at Mana. These are hard things to achieve, Rabbit. Acceptance, respect, independence... Yet you see those things as mere decorations in a room where you saved space for a painting you will never be able to afford, if you catch my metaphor. It's like having La Giocconda next to all of the European classics, but always look to the vague space that you reserved for a burnt painting during the Bonfire of the Vanities.

It's... A problem of focus, Rabbit. Focus on what you achieved. On the person you currently are, slowly review your history and allow yourself to look at your situation through a different perspective. Inside, after Solaine's fight, you might be perceiving yourself as the monster who needs to hide, afraid of hurting someone. The doctor afraid of the monster. Almost like the Hulk. But in a slender, masked form.

But have you ever examined what happened through the students' point of view? Through Allistor's parents point of view, maybe? To both of them, you were the turning tide. A protector. Of course, an unconventional protector - like anyone in this school's board of professors can be called conventional - but a protector nonetheless. So what if they used Dark Mana to bring you to this world, Rabbit? What matters is what you did starting from the point that you perceived yourself as an independent being with your own moral and aspirations. Change your focus, Rabbit."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He watched Leon as he fell asleep, and he smiled at him. He was glad to see the cat enjoyed his little snack, and he felt better about himself for it. "...You're not worried about anyone, are you?...You're just a cat...As long as people snuggle you, that is your happiness..." he whispered, as he continued to pet the little cat. He then stared up at the ceiling, as he began to scratch Leon gently behind the ears. "...Am I like a cat then?...Simply happy when I am loved?...But even cats can fight...They have claws and...they can hiss at things...I-I can't even get words out right, never mind hiss...B-But...I will become stronger, Leon...I must...That way...I can help your owner when he goes to fight...I love him a lot, and I want to take care of him...just like he takes care of you! Wouldn't that be nice?" he asked the little creature, as he continued to doze.

Shaun Calhoun

Leon continued to close his eyes as he was being petted by Soleil and arched his back slightly from being tensed before calming down and listening to the boy give his small analogy on him and the human and opened his eyes to growl softly and get up and trotted over and sat in his lap while purring quietly and sleeping once more as he petted him.
After some time has passed Shaun finished his shower now smelling of his usual blueberry/orange and vanilla scent and got dressed in his usual casual yet fabulous outfit he walked towards the cafeteria where he grabbed a large bag of trail mix and a jar of peanut butter where he mixed both together and ate it before he made his way to the Venta dormitories and eventually towards Soleil's room and knocked ob the door which caused Leon to shoot his head and and dart his eyes towards the door and meowed outloud before jumping off of Sol's lap and onto the floor where he laid down in the corner of his room and once again slept peacefully.

"Hey Soleil! Its cha boy Shaun the Sheep!" The teen exclaimed cheerfully while rocking onto his heels as usual while idly playing with his earring.

"...Shaun!...G-Good to see you again..." he whispered, smiling at him. He looked down at Leon, and frowned slightly. "...H-He's so happy there...I don't want to move...He's...a-a very good kitten, and I like him...You are lucky..." he whispered. He began to play with the cat's tiny, feather-thin ears, and then mumbled, "...I will be so happy...wh-when I am able to make my constructs again...I-I want to improve them...M-Make them more independent...That would be...very helpful in battle...I do not know when we will have to fight again, but...I-I want to be of service to everyone, next time..."
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Artosh's words came back to him. Count his friends. Rabbit lifted his head and turned toward Basil once again, smiling softly at him. He decided then that he would be more open to his friend, specifically about his deepest desire. "...I...have always been rather afraid to reveal my entire life to others...It is a...rather disturbing tale...And while I am at home here...I am still learning to let my guard down...But the pain never really leaves, Basil...I am...surrounded by people I love...who I consider to be my family and my children...and yet...I have always had a desire to raise a family of my own...

Basil Smith

"This, Rabbit... Is also the drama of many humans. Infertility, for many reasons or causes. It's... Traumatic. Professor, you are... Currently overvaluing the unachievable things and undervaluing the ones right around you. In simpler words and context, you are taking the quickest way to suffering ever registered by the mankind.

You've conquered quite a few achievements, Rabbit. Independence, a rare thing for Dark Mana Beings - no offense - is one of them. You are accepted by the academic community, at least here at Mana. These are hard things to achieve, Rabbit. Acceptance, respect, independence... Yet you see those things as mere decorations in a room where you saved space for a painting you will never be able to afford, if you catch my metaphor. It's like having La Giocconda next to all of the European classics, but always look to the vague space that you reserved for a burnt painting during the Bonfire of the Vanities.

It's... A problem of focus, Rabbit. Focus on what you achieved. On the person you currently are, slowly review your history and allow yourself to look at your situation through a different perspective. Inside, after Solaine's fight, you might be perceiving yourself as the monster who needs to hide, afraid of hurting someone. The doctor afraid of the monster. Almost like the Hulk. But in a slender, masked form.

But have you ever examined what happened through the students' point of view? Through Allistor's parents point of view, maybe? To both of them, you were the turning tide. A protector. Of course, an unconventional protector - like anyone in this school's board of professors can be called conventional - but a protector nonetheless. So what if they used Dark Mana to bring you to this world, Rabbit? What matters is what you did starting from the point that you perceived yourself as an independent being with your own moral and aspirations. Change your focus, Rabbit."

Rabbit nodded slowly. The deep pain he felt would not disappear as quickly as Basil hoped it would, be he understood his friend's explanation. Looking from the parent's point-of-view was not always something easy to accomplish. As protective as he felt about his students, he knew he had often downplayed the good of their actually parents, in his own desire to be their parents. Yet he realized that this was not fair.

The parents of the students had to be his family as much as his students were, because the students of course came from those families. He did not have to accept all of them as his own brothers and sisters-he had wanted severely to kill Solaine, before her actual death-but he had to begin to look at life from their perspecitves. How they perhaps saw what was happening to their students. Allistor's family was indeed grateful to him for his protection and guidance, and while he had never met with any other parents, he wondered if perhaps they would see the same thing. Maybe so? Maybe not?

"...Changing my focus...Perhaps I can do that...I can try to look at life from the views of others...That is...also love, isn't it? Trying to understand what brings peace to another soul...and perhaps...where I am in regards to bringing that peace, as a teacher and guardian..." he answered.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:18 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Basil Smith

Rabbit nodded slowly. The deep pain he felt would not disappear as quickly as Basil hoped it would, be he understood his friend's explanation. Looking from the parent's point-of-view was not always something easy to accomplish. As protective as he felt about his students, he knew he had often downplayed the good of their actually parents, in his own desire to be their parents. Yet he realized that this was not fair.

The parents of the students had to be his family as much as his students were, because the students of course came from those families. He did not have to accept all of them as his own brothers and sisters-he had wanted severely to kill Solaine, before her actual death-but he had to begin to look at life from their perspecitves. How they perhaps saw what was happening to their students. Allistor's family was indeed grateful to him for his protection and guidance, and while he had never met with any other parents, he wondered if perhaps they would see the same thing. Maybe so? Maybe not?

"...Changing my focus...Perhaps I can do that...I can try to look at life from the views of others...That is...also love, isn't it? Trying to understand what brings peace to another soul...and perhaps...where I am in regards to bringing that peace, as a teacher and guardian..." he answered.

Basil Smith

"Empathy. It's called empathy to be more precise, but yes, in a way, the exercise of comprehending another person's point of view is equally hard to loving someone, specially in these days. And maybe while you are observing these things... You might have a new opinion about yourself, Rabbit. A better one, I'm sure of it."

Eventually finishing his tea, Basil placed the empty tea cup on the table, and looked at the other Professor. Such an intriguing character, capable of inspiring fear with its presence only, but aspired for love. Refused to take his mask away in public, but looked forward for his own identity.

"I hope I've helped you with your doubts, Professor. Do you need more assistance?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:04 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit nodded slowly. The deep pain he felt would not disappear as quickly as Basil hoped it would, be he understood his friend's explanation. Looking from the parent's point-of-view was not always something easy to accomplish. As protective as he felt about his students, he knew he had often downplayed the good of their actually parents, in his own desire to be their parents. Yet he realized that this was not fair.

Basil Smith

"Empathy. It's called empathy to be more precise, but yes, in a way, the exercise of comprehending another person's point of view is equally hard to loving someone, specially in these days. And maybe while you are observing these things... You might have a new opinion about yourself, Rabbit. A better one, I'm sure of it."

Eventually finishing his tea, Basil placed the empty tea cup on the table, and looked at the other Professor. Such an intriguing character, capable of inspiring fear with its presence only, but aspired for love. Refused to take his mask away in public, but looked forward for his own identity.

"I hope I've helped you with your doubts, Professor. Do you need more assistance?"

"...Perhaps...you are right...I have spent so much time worrying about how the students see me...that I have forgotten...how they actually feel about me...You have helped me, Basil...Thank you..." Rabbit smiled and put his mask back on, and his vision came back to him. He looked around the soft, cozy room, down at his empty cup, and then at Basil. For the first time that day, he felt at peace. He had not come to Basil's room looking for such, but it came out, and he was glad for it. He sighed happily.

"...No, no, I am...I am well for now...I will do my best to take your advice, Basil...Thank you. You have been so kind to me...All of you have been so kind to me, here...It is so incredible. But now, sadly, I must go...I have to find the other teachers and speak to them..." He stood slowly, and thought about who else he had to speak to. Ruta would be one of them, and he was rather nervous about this. They had not spoken much to each other in the last week, since they had all arrived back on the island. He understood his reasons for avoiding him, and yet he wished now to reach-out to him. Knowing Katelyn was in danger would certainly strike him, wouldn't it?

Rabbit turned to Basil again, and he bowed slightly. "I will see you around. And I hope we can spend this time together once again, soon," he said. He then walked out the room silently, thinking about everyone else he needed to speak to...Though perhaps if he was so nervous about speaking to Ruta, he could get someone else to speak to him...Perhaps Tsukiyomi?
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Luminesa wrote:"...Shaun!...G-Good to see you again..." he whispered, smiling at him. He looked down at Leon, and frowned slightly. "...H-He's so happy there...I don't want to move...He's...a-a very good kitten, and I like him...You are lucky..." he whispered. He began to play with the cat's tiny, feather-thin ears, and then mumbled, "...I will be so happy...wh-when I am able to make my constructs again...I-I want to improve them...M-Make them more independent...That would be...very helpful in battle...I do not know when we will have to fight again, but...I-I want to be of service to everyone, next time..."

Shaun Calhoun

Seeing the smile on his face Shaun giggled quietly and walked in to see Leon relaxing in the corner sleeping as usual. Hearing that he was lucky to have Leon, he raised his eyebrow and shook his head smirking. "Hm. I wouldn't necessarily say that. Just really know how to take care of him and make him happy. And knowing you and your rather furry thumb- Its something that I just came up with. If people who are good with plants are called 'green thumbs' then I figure that people who are good with animals are called 'furry thumbs'- But I think that you'll be a great animal caretaker. I know that you can take care of an animal or pet if put your mind it." Shaun smiled shyly yet warmly at Sol while placing a hand on his shoulder and winking at him.
"Also if you need help making constructs I can help you if you want. If it could make you feel better than I can not do anything and let you figure out things for yourself. Either one you choose I don't mind. Also..." Suddenly he stopped talking and whistled softly at Leon who meowed at him and yawned softly before getting up and shaking his fur before walking towards Shaun and clawed on his uncovered legs due to him wearing shorts, causing him to groan and pick him up and carrying him near his chest before looking at Sol and nodding. Meanwhile Leon looked at the other human and laid in the other's chest as he nuzzled it and got comfortable. "So are you getting ready for class? Oh yeah!"

He pulled out of his pocket the bag of peanut butter and fruity trail mix and began to eat some of it while his feline companion just exhaled deeply and continued to look at Soleil with his bright amber eyes. "So yeah. Getting ready for class eh?" Shaun continued after swallowing his food.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Shaun!...G-Good to see you again..." he whispered, smiling at him. He looked down at Leon, and frowned slightly. "...H-He's so happy there...I don't want to move...He's...a-a very good kitten, and I like him...You are lucky..." he whispered. He began to play with the cat's tiny, feather-thin ears, and then mumbled, "...I will be so happy...wh-when I am able to make my constructs again...I-I want to improve them...M-Make them more independent...That would be...very helpful in battle...I do not know when we will have to fight again, but...I-I want to be of service to everyone, next time..."

Shaun Calhoun

Seeing the smile on his face Shaun giggled quietly and walked in to see Leon relaxing in the corner sleeping as usual. Hearing that he was lucky to have Leon, he raised his eyebrow and shook his head smirking. "Hm. I wouldn't necessarily say that. Just really know how to take care of him and make him happy. And knowing you and your rather furry thumb- Its something that I just came up with. If people who are good with plants are called 'green thumbs' then I figure that people who are good with animals are called 'furry thumbs'- But I think that you'll be a great animal caretaker. I know that you can take care of an animal or pet if put your mind it." Shaun smiled shyly yet warmly at Sol while placing a hand on his shoulder and winking at him.
"Also if you need help making constructs I can help you if you want. If it could make you feel better than I can not do anything and let you figure out things for yourself. Either one you choose I don't mind. Also..." Suddenly he stopped talking and whistled softly at Leon who meowed at him and yawned softly before getting up and shaking his fur before walking towards Shaun and clawed on his uncovered legs due to him wearing shorts, causing him to groan and pick him up and carrying him near his chest before looking at Sol and nodding. Meanwhile Leon looked at the other human and laid in the other's chest as he nuzzled it and got comfortable. "So are you getting ready for class? Oh yeah!"

He pulled out of his pocket the bag of peanut butter and fruity trail mix and began to eat some of it while his feline companion just exhaled deeply and continued to look at Soleil with his bright amber eyes. "So yeah. Getting ready for class eh?" Shaun continued after swallowing his food.

"...Y-Yeah...um...I-I'm still in my pajamas...Um...heheh..." Realizing he was still wearing his cat-sweater and shorts, he blushed and began to look for his robes. He looked in his closet for his robes, and his eyes passed over the black robes just for a moment. His chest tightened, as he recalled the memories that seemed to be so tightly-woven into the dark fabric. He wore them for a specific purpose, out of love...but was that love enough to make him stronger? He doubted himself for just a moment, but then he thought about Shaun behind him.

Yes, Shaun loved him, and he wanted to help him to become stronger. Soleil loved him, and simply wanted to be his friend, and to keep him as his friend. So he took out the black robes. He took off his sweater and shorts, blushing as he once again showed his fading scars, and he pulled his robe over him. He then found his black pants and boots, and he put those on. When he was finished, he turned around and smiled at his friend. "...Y-Yes...We should train together tonight...After class, maybe?...Th-That would be fun...I-I...would enjoy that...especially since you are better than me...Thank you, Shaun..."
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:40 pm

John had awakened with multiple things on his mind. He knew that he had the patients to care for, but now that everyone was all gathered at the Academy, he felt that now would be a good time to begin searching for evidence. He wanted to make sure Rabbit was totally innocent, and he had some major concerns. However, going to Rabbit himself would not quite get him the answers he wanted...not yet. He had to go to someone else, someone who knew him and who might listen. He needed to express his concerns to someone, before it was too late.

Getting up and dressed quickly, as his military days had taught him, he hurriedly got ready and headed out to find someone. Eventually, he got to Artosh's door, and he beat on it for just a moment. "...Artosh? Artosh, I need to speak to you. It's important. Can you please get up, if you're not up already?..." he questioned. Deciding to use more incentive, he added, "...It's about Rabbit."
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 am

Luminesa wrote:John had awakened with multiple things on his mind. He knew that he had the patients to care for, but now that everyone was all gathered at the Academy, he felt that now would be a good time to begin searching for evidence. He wanted to make sure Rabbit was totally innocent, and he had some major concerns. However, going to Rabbit himself would not quite get him the answers he wanted...not yet. He had to go to someone else, someone who knew him and who might listen. He needed to express his concerns to someone, before it was too late.

Getting up and dressed quickly, as his military days had taught him, he hurriedly got ready and headed out to find someone. Eventually, he got to Artosh's door, and he beat on it for just a moment. "...Artosh? Artosh, I need to speak to you. It's important. Can you please get up, if you're not up already?..." he questioned. Deciding to use more incentive, he added, "...It's about Rabbit."

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh woke up and stretched his weary body. He was still wearing the clothes that he wore yesterday, every single inch of the fabric is wrinkled and his eyes teared up a little bit as he yawned away the sleep. The white haired mage took a few moments to recollect himself as his mind is still fogged with drowsiness and the warm embrace of the blankets didn't really help. Mustering enough courage to deny the toasty warmth, Artosh jumped out of the bed to make his way towards the door.

Artosh guided his fingers into an intricate pattern, shining briefly before the entire door evaporated into nothingness. He stared at his early visitor, recognizing the medic in an instant. "Hey John... What's up? If you're gonna ask me for toothpaste you can just get a tube from the clinic..." He said as he brought a hand towards his mouth, covering an obnoxious yawn.
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:John had awakened with multiple things on his mind. He knew that he had the patients to care for, but now that everyone was all gathered at the Academy, he felt that now would be a good time to begin searching for evidence. He wanted to make sure Rabbit was totally innocent, and he had some major concerns. However, going to Rabbit himself would not quite get him the answers he wanted...not yet. He had to go to someone else, someone who knew him and who might listen. He needed to express his concerns to someone, before it was too late.

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh woke up and stretched his weary body. He was still wearing the clothes that he wore yesterday, every single inch of the fabric is wrinkled and his eyes teared up a little bit as he yawned away the sleep. The white haired mage took a few moments to recollect himself as his mind is still fogged with drowsiness and the warm embrace of the blankets didn't really help. Mustering enough courage to deny the toasty warmth, Artosh jumped out of the bed to make his way towards the door.

Artosh guided his fingers into an intricate pattern, shining briefly before the entire door evaporated into nothingness. He stared at his early visitor, recognizing the medic in an instant. "Hey John... What's up? If you're gonna ask me for toothpaste you can just get a tube from the clinic..." He said as he brought a hand towards his mouth, covering an obnoxious yawn.

"...I don't need toothpaste. I need to talk to you about something...a little more important..." he answered, leaning in the doorway and watching Artosh as he tried to wake up. He then began, "...There was an event five years ago...I asked Cecily about it, but she did not know anything...and I know that most people who were present had their memories wiped. I myself should not know about it, but I managed to avoid having my memory wiped...Are you aware of The Astraean Massacre? I need you to answer honestly, it's important and it has to do with Rabbit."
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Luminesa wrote:"...Y-Yeah...um...I-I'm still in my pajamas...Um...heheh..." Realizing he was still wearing his cat-sweater and shorts, he blushed and began to look for his robes. He looked in his closet for his robes, and his eyes passed over the black robes just for a moment. His chest tightened, as he recalled the memories that seemed to be so tightly-woven into the dark fabric. He wore them for a specific purpose, out of love...but was that love enough to make him stronger? He doubted himself for just a moment, but then he thought about Shaun behind him.

Yes, Shaun loved him, and he wanted to help him to become stronger. Soleil loved him, and simply wanted to be his friend, and to keep him as his friend. So he took out the black robes. He took off his sweater and shorts, blushing as he once again showed his fading scars, and he pulled his robe over him. He then found his black pants and boots, and he put those on. When he was finished, he turned around and smiled at his friend. "...Y-Yes...We should train together tonight...After class, maybe?...Th-That would be fun...I-I...would enjoy that...especially since you are better than me...Thank you, Shaun..."

Shaun Calhoun

Realizing too that he was in his pajamas- those pajamas that he wore during their time in Paris- Shaun too had blushed as he coughed softly in awkwardness but soon composed himself with a small smile towards Soleil and nodded. Well get dressed why don't ya? I don't think that you can go to class wearing pajamas. At least I don't think so. Unless its like college and you can wear whatever you want as long as its appropriate. Hm. Might have to ask about that..." He trailed off once he realized that he was talking to himself now seeing as Soleil began to get dressed for today.
Seeing his scars and body Shaun blushed deeply and smiled and nodded at him as he knew that he still had a insecurity towards them. Hopefully knowing that he didn't mind them at all will help his friend with his confidence. Once he was dressed which Shaun spent the time sighing and looking in disbelief that his cat can sleep in such a great amount of time he looked up to see that Soleil was wearing the black robes from last time. Laughing suddenly he tried to reassure him of nothing bad. "Looking good as always bud." He then walked over to him and placed an arm around him as he pulled him closer to his body; now smelling of his usual vanilla and orange scent.

"Together! We can stop everything that stands in our path! Through rain, snow, sleet, or hail, we will prevail! With your sweetness that can give people diabetes and my hotness that can melt ice caps, we can take the world my friend!" Shaun exclaimed before laughing cheerfully. "Oh. And yeah. No problem. Just call me and I'll be there to help." He then leaned in and kissed him on his cheek before giggling. "Now get ready for school young man. Got a long day ahead of us."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Y-Yeah...um...I-I'm still in my pajamas...Um...heheh..." Realizing he was still wearing his cat-sweater and shorts, he blushed and began to look for his robes. He looked in his closet for his robes, and his eyes passed over the black robes just for a moment. His chest tightened, as he recalled the memories that seemed to be so tightly-woven into the dark fabric. He wore them for a specific purpose, out of love...but was that love enough to make him stronger? He doubted himself for just a moment, but then he thought about Shaun behind him.

Shaun Calhoun

Realizing too that he was in his pajamas- those pajamas that he wore during their time in Paris- Shaun too had blushed as he coughed softly in awkwardness but soon composed himself with a small smile towards Soleil and nodded. Well get dressed why don't ya? I don't think that you can go to class wearing pajamas. At least I don't think so. Unless its like college and you can wear whatever you want as long as its appropriate. Hm. Might have to ask about that..." He trailed off once he realized that he was talking to himself now seeing as Soleil began to get dressed for today.
Seeing his scars and body Shaun blushed deeply and smiled and nodded at him as he knew that he still had a insecurity towards them. Hopefully knowing that he didn't mind them at all will help his friend with his confidence. Once he was dressed which Shaun spent the time sighing and looking in disbelief that his cat can sleep in such a great amount of time he looked up to see that Soleil was wearing the black robes from last time. Laughing suddenly he tried to reassure him of nothing bad. "Looking good as always bud." He then walked over to him and placed an arm around him as he pulled him closer to his body; now smelling of his usual vanilla and orange scent.

"Together! We can stop everything that stands in our path! Through rain, snow, sleet, or hail, we will prevail! With your sweetness that can give people diabetes and my hotness that can melt ice caps, we can take the world my friend!" Shaun exclaimed before laughing cheerfully. "Oh. And yeah. No problem. Just call me and I'll be there to help." He then leaned in and kissed him on his cheek before giggling. "Now get ready for school young man. Got a long day ahead of us."

Soleil was shocked by the kiss on the cheek, and while his face got very pink, he tried to hide this. He smiled at him and nodded. "...R-Right. We'll...work together...j-just like friends are supposed to...I look forward to it," he answered. He was not used to being kissed on the cheek, except by Kasumi, and, in her extremely rare moments of sweetness, his mother. He felt strange now, and while he went and grabbed his backpack, he thought about it. He wondered if Shaun had ever acted this way with Liam. He did not know anything about the boy, except what Shaun told him.

He also began to think about the progress of their friendship. Shaun had started by simply sitting with him and talking. Then he kissed his forehead, that night before the ball. Now he kissed him on the cheek. This was the typical French way of greeting others, however, so he did also feel that it was so unusual for him to be so flustered. Yet he knew that Shaun might not have meant the kiss in the same way that Soleil might have meant it, as a simple greeting to someone. Beyond the slight moment of cultural confusion, he wondered...was Shaun beginning to see him in the same way that he once saw Liam? If so, how was he supposed to respond?

He decided that he would try something, something he usually did not attempt: an indirect question. He was not very good at being sneaky, as shown by his strike at Rabbit, but he wanted to know. Of course, then there was the question of what happened when he found-out the truth. Yet he did not want to worry about that right now. Taking a deep breath, without turning around, he mumbled as steadily a second he could, "...Sh-Shaun...answer me honestly...Wh-When you see me...and...wh-when you think of Liam...what about me...reminds me of him?"
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Finsternia wrote:Artosh Luxenia

"...I don't need toothpaste. I need to talk to you about something...a little more important..." he answered, leaning in the doorway and watching Artosh as he tried to wake up. He then began, "...There was an event five years ago...I asked Cecily about it, but she did not know anything...and I know that most people who were present had their memories wiped. I myself should not know about it, but I managed to avoid having my memory wiped...Are you aware of The Astraean Massacre? I need you to answer honestly, it's important and it has to do with Rabbit."

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to make sense with John's words.

A massacre. Five years ago. Memories wiped.

As hard as he could make his brain think, there really isn't anything that would pop on Artosh's mind. He's not the sharpest with Magical History and the name of the massacre sounds like an all out extinction of a Noble Family.

Artosh shook his head as he spoke. "No I don't know... The name itself doesn't even hit a nail. Why? What's the matter? What happened to Rabbit?"
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:30 am

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...I don't need toothpaste. I need to talk to you about something...a little more important..." he answered, leaning in the doorway and watching Artosh as he tried to wake up. He then began, "...There was an event five years ago...I asked Cecily about it, but she did not know anything...and I know that most people who were present had their memories wiped. I myself should not know about it, but I managed to avoid having my memory wiped...Are you aware of The Astraean Massacre? I need you to answer honestly, it's important and it has to do with Rabbit."

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to make sense with John's words.

A massacre. Five years ago. Memories wiped.

As hard as he could make his brain think, there really isn't anything that would pop on Artosh's mind. He's not the sharpest with Magical History and the name of the massacre sounds like an all out extinction of a Noble Family.

Artosh shook his head as he spoke. "No I don't know... The name itself doesn't even hit a nail. Why? What's the matter? What happened to Rabbit?"

He sighed. "...Five years ago, in Dallas, Texas...a Jaegar base there was attacked by Astraea, the Dark Mana Queen. She and her compatriots killed over 500 people, all while holding a group of Jaegars hostage, and then they killed the Jaegars there. The event was...it was horrific. And it was bad enough that most people who saw it had their memories wiped...Mine should have been wiped, but I escaped the process because I needed to know the truth."

He paused for a moment, knowing that Artosh would probably react badly to what he was about to hear. "I've done research for quite a long time, in order to hunt them down and to perhaps turn all of them in...and I've been considering it all again, since Katelyn's actions have put Rabbit on trial. The trial is in two weeks. We need to get this out the way, considering what Rabbit is. His records do not indicate such, but...I need you to question him about this for me. He trusts you... You need to ask him...if he was involved in the Massacre in any way."

John pulled something out of his pocket, and handed it to Artosh. There was a small box, with a wire attached. "...This is a wire. We need spoken testimony of Rabbit's uninvolvement with this event. Whenever you see him again, I need you to speak to him about it. I have a wire myself, and I will record the message. This will be what we turn-in to the judge, as written testimony of Rabbit's involvement. If he was not involved, it should prove his innocence, since Dark Mana Beings are usually bound to the will of their queen. Sort of like bees, but not quite. Are you willing to do this for me?" he questioned, putting his hands on Artosh's shoulders.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:07 am

Luminesa wrote:Soleil was shocked by the kiss on the cheek, and while his face got very pink, he tried to hide this. He smiled at him and nodded. "...R-Right. We'll...work together...j-just like friends are supposed to...I look forward to it," he answered. He was not used to being kissed on the cheek, except by Kasumi, and, in her extremely rare moments of sweetness, his mother. He felt strange now, and while he went and grabbed his backpack, he thought about it. He wondered if Shaun had ever acted this way with Liam. He did not know anything about the boy, except what Shaun told him.

He also began to think about the progress of their friendship. Shaun had started by simply sitting with him and talking. Then he kissed his forehead, that night before the ball. Now he kissed him on the cheek. This was the typical French way of greeting others, however, so he did also feel that it was so unusual for him to be so flustered. Yet he knew that Shaun might not have meant the kiss in the same way that Soleil might have meant it, as a simple greeting to someone. Beyond the slight moment of cultural confusion, he wondered...was Shaun beginning to see him in the same way that he once saw Liam? If so, how was he supposed to respond?

He decided that he would try something, something he usually did not attempt: an indirect question. He was not very good at being sneaky, as shown by his strike at Rabbit, but he wanted to know. Of course, then there was the question of what happened when he found-out the truth. Yet he did not want to worry about that right now. Taking a deep breath, without turning around, he mumbled as steadily a second he could, "...Sh-Shaun...answer me honestly...Wh-When you see me...and...wh-when you think of Liam...what about me...reminds me of him?"

Shaun Calhoun

Shaun waited quietly for Soleil to grab his things as he rocked on the back of his heels and smiled at him. The blush on his friend's face made him raise an eyebrow at him which was soon followed by a giggle. It was always a pleasure to him to make Soleil blush. He found it absolutely adorable. Meanwhile in his head, multiple questions filled his head.

What was he going to eat during lunch? Or how about passing period or in class? Does he want to eat with everyone or with himself? What type of food does he want to eat? Savory or sweet? How about both? But who knows? Only time will tell.
When will his next workout be? Who can he work out with? Dominique? Hailey? Allistor? What about Henry? He seemed buffed enough. Maybe he can out do him in a couple of things involving the physical extenuation of their bodies. Or maybe even that little pale cutie Hedeon? He seemed like he knows what he's doing? Or maybe all of them at once? How about Sol himself? Maybe he can train him in that way too?! Only time would tell.
Oh! He also wants to check up on Ambrosia. It's been ages since they saw each other and after their last conversations together, perhaps they could just be friends after they have a sit down and talk? Maybe so, maybe so. But then again, the chance of breaking her heart was great too. He had already let down too many girls when they asked him out or found interests in him. How would she react to the news? Would she be okay with it? Feel awkward and embarrassed towards him, and just try to avoid him altogether? Or would she just burst into tears and hate his guts? Oh the possible scenarios are endless but only time would tell.

However his internal version of 21 questions were interrupted as Soleil suggested that they go find the others, Shaun nodded and yawned as he walked ahead of Soleil with Leon in his arms, who was still asleep one might add, and waited for him to follow behind him. "That sounds awesome. I wanna talk to them about having a contest! Who's th-"

However what Soleil said afterwards left him frozen in placed. Stunned at his question. And just like that, all of his thoughts, his determination, and his thinking disappeared as his mind went blank right before him. Slowly turning his head around to look at the blonde behind him, his lavender eyes now filled with shock and confusion and his face now rosy red in abashment. Where did this question come from so suddenly? Why is he asking this question so suddenly? After everything that they been through because of such a topic as this, why now? Why out of the blue? Turning his whole body completely, Shaun looked at him with serious eyes and opened his mouth, now feeling a little angered at the question.

"...What do I see in you that I see in you? What reminds me of him? I...I would have to say that when I look at you, I see the opposite of what I did for him. I couldn't save him. I couldn't love him enough to where he would still be here. And I wasn't completely there for him. That's why he ended up the way he did now. I couldn't save him...I basically killed him for fear of hurting him ironically.
Though with you...Well I see that you and him are the same in attitudes. The both of you are determined individuals. The ones that would help anything and anyone around you even if your life depended on it. Hell, both of you are even stubborn when it comes to the well-being of others. Always caring about everyone else before you worry about yourself. Heh, I think I picked that up from him quite honestly. But what I am trying to say it that when I look at you and think of him, it reminds me that due to this type of attitude. This inventively caused his death. Because he wanted to help the ones closer to him rather than himself. To make sure that they can live their lives knowing that they are loved. That they don't have to worry about being alone. That there's someone there for them even if it means that in order for them to give up their lives, that the ones that they loved would continue being happy.
After all that he's done for me, I have adopted that mindset, idea myself. To prevent anyone else from going through the same thing as he did. However when you can around with your sense of selflessness and eagerness to make sure that everyone else is happy and loved and cared for, even if it means that you get hurt or killed in the process. I...I don't want the same thing to happen to you that it did him. I don't want to be the one that will ultimately be the cause of your death if it were to go that far. with my state. I've already experienced it firsthand myself. And now with you having Kasumi by your side, I don't want her...or anyone else, have to experience what I went through." Shaun the walked a little closer to Soleil until he was right behind him, watching him with watery eyes and a stern face. "...Do you understand now?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 am

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil was shocked by the kiss on the cheek, and while his face got very pink, he tried to hide this. He smiled at him and nodded. "...R-Right. We'll...work together...j-just like friends are supposed to...I look forward to it," he answered. He was not used to being kissed on the cheek, except by Kasumi, and, in her extremely rare moments of sweetness, his mother. He felt strange now, and while he went and grabbed his backpack, he thought about it. He wondered if Shaun had ever acted this way with Liam. He did not know anything about the boy, except what Shaun told him.

Shaun Calhoun

Shaun waited quietly for Soleil to grab his things as he rocked on the back of his heels and smiled at him. The blush on his friend's face made him raise an eyebrow at him which was soon followed by a giggle. It was always a pleasure to him to make Soleil blush. He found it absolutely adorable. Meanwhile in his head, multiple questions filled his head.

What was he going to eat during lunch? Or how about passing period or in class? Does he want to eat with everyone or with himself? What type of food does he want to eat? Savory or sweet? How about both? But who knows? Only time will tell.
When will his next workout be? Who can he work out with? Dominique? Hailey? Allistor? What about Henry? He seemed buffed enough. Maybe he can out do him in a couple of things involving the physical extenuation of their bodies. Or maybe even that little pale cutie Hedeon? He seemed like he knows what he's doing? Or maybe all of them at once? How about Sol himself? Maybe he can train him in that way too?! Only time would tell.
Oh! He also wants to check up on Ambrosia. It's been ages since they saw each other and after their last conversations together, perhaps they could just be friends after they have a sit down and talk? Maybe so, maybe so. But then again, the chance of breaking her heart was great too. He had already let down too many girls when they asked him out or found interests in him. How would she react to the news? Would she be okay with it? Feel awkward and embarrassed towards him, and just try to avoid him altogether? Or would she just burst into tears and hate his guts? Oh the possible scenarios are endless but only time would tell.

However his internal version of 21 questions were interrupted as Soleil suggested that they go find the others, Shaun nodded and yawned as he walked ahead of Soleil with Leon in his arms, who was still asleep one might add, and waited for him to follow behind him. "That sounds awesome. I wanna talk to them about having a contest! Who's th-"

However what Soleil said afterwards left him frozen in placed. Stunned at his question. And just like that, all of his thoughts, his determination, and his thinking disappeared as his mind went blank right before him. Slowly turning his head around to look at the blonde behind him, his lavender eyes now filled with shock and confusion and his face now rosy red in abashment. Where did this question come from so suddenly? Why is he asking this question so suddenly? After everything that they been through because of such a topic as this, why now? Why out of the blue? Turning his whole body completely, Shaun looked at him with serious eyes and opened his mouth, now feeling a little angered at the question.

"...What do I see in you that I see in you? What reminds me of him? I...I would have to say that when I look at you, I see the opposite of what I did for him. I couldn't save him. I couldn't love him enough to where he would still be here. And I wasn't completely there for him. That's why he ended up the way he did now. I couldn't save him...I basically killed him for fear of hurting him ironically.
Though with you...Well I see that you and him are the same in attitudes. The both of you are determined individuals. The ones that would help anything and anyone around you even if your life depended on it. Hell, both of you are even stubborn when it comes to the well-being of others. Always caring about everyone else before you worry about yourself. Heh, I think I picked that up from him quite honestly. But what I am trying to say it that when I look at you and think of him, it reminds me that due to this type of attitude. This inventively caused his death. Because he wanted to help the ones closer to him rather than himself. To make sure that they can live their lives knowing that they are loved. That they don't have to worry about being alone. That there's someone there for them even if it means that in order for them to give up their lives, that the ones that they loved would continue being happy.
After all that he's done for me, I have adopted that mindset, idea myself. To prevent anyone else from going through the same thing as he did. However when you can around with your sense of selflessness and eagerness to make sure that everyone else is happy and loved and cared for, even if it means that you get hurt or killed in the process. I...I don't want the same thing to happen to you that it did him. I don't want to be the one that will ultimately be the cause of your death if it were to go that far. with my state. I've already experienced it firsthand myself. And now with you having Kasumi by your side, I don't want her...or anyone else, have to experience what I went through." Shaun the walked a little closer to Soleil until he was right behind him, watching him with watery eyes and a stern face. "...Do you understand now?"

Soleil slowly turned around, and he saw that Shaun was staring down at him with tear-filled eyes. His eyes widened just slightly, and he worried that perhaps he had asked the wrong question. No...I shouldn't have mentioned Liam...he was so happy before, and...now I hurt him again... he thought, in a panic. He did not want to see his friend cry, and so he hugged him tightly. His hug would not make all the pain go away, but perhaps he could bring him some slight comfort, in his pain. "...I-I understand...I do...A-And...I-I didn't mean to hurt you...I...It was a selfish question..." he whispered, as he hugged him.

"...I j-just...don't want you to be scared...You could never hurt me and...e-even if you did...I-I would always forgive you...I-I could never hate you...or...be afraid of you..." His hug tightened, as he spoke honestly to his friend. "...Because...that's who we are now...M-My clan is just...something that exists...You're my real family, Shaun...You and Alli and Henry and Kasumi and...P-Professor Ruta and the other teachers...all of you...and...I-I don't want you to be scared to love me...b-because...I'm not scared to love you...Y-You're not a bad-luck omen. You're...not a curse. You're a friend...and...we can both be happy...together..."
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:00 am

Luminesa wrote:Soleil slowly turned around, and he saw that Shaun was staring down at him with tear-filled eyes. His eyes widened just slightly, and he worried that perhaps he had asked the wrong question. No...I shouldn't have mentioned Liam...he was so happy before, and...now I hurt him again... he thought, in a panic. He did not want to see his friend cry, and so he hugged him tightly. His hug would not make all the pain go away, but perhaps he could bring him some slight comfort, in his pain. "...I-I understand...I do...A-And...I-I didn't mean to hurt you...I...It was a selfish question..." he whispered, as he hugged him.

"...I j-just...don't want you to be scared...You could never hurt me and...e-even if you did...I-I would always forgive you...I-I could never hate you...or...be afraid of you..." His hug tightened, as he spoke honestly to his friend. "...Because...that's who we are now...M-My clan is just...something that exists...You're my real family, Shaun...You and Alli and Henry and Kasumi and...P-Professor Ruta and the other teachers...all of you...and...I-I don't want you to be scared to love me...b-because...I'm not scared to love you...Y-You're not a bad-luck omen. You're...not a curse. You're a friend...and...we can both be happy...together..."

Shaun Calhoun

The sudden hugs around him made Shaun gasp softly as a small blush crept along his face. Leon himself getting uncomfortable in the process and clawing his way onto Shaun's chest and towards his neck causing the teen to groan softly at the overall sharpness of the claws on his feline friend. Though the pain soon went away as he heard the words of Soleil fill his ears. The words that filled his ears still caused him to stand there abashed and speechless as he let them sink in, not wanting to say a word.
Freeing one hand from his grasp as well as from Leon Shaun pulled in Soleil for a tighter hug and stood there for a moment before releasing him and sighing with a small smile on his face and closed his eyes for a moment. "Thank you. But I may ask, why would you suddenly ask such a question as that out of the blue?" His eyes still remained closed but his tone changed to now being even more serious. Exactly what was the reason for having to go through such a thing as this again?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil slowly turned around, and he saw that Shaun was staring down at him with tear-filled eyes. His eyes widened just slightly, and he worried that perhaps he had asked the wrong question. No...I shouldn't have mentioned Liam...he was so happy before, and...now I hurt him again... he thought, in a panic. He did not want to see his friend cry, and so he hugged him tightly. His hug would not make all the pain go away, but perhaps he could bring him some slight comfort, in his pain. "...I-I understand...I do...A-And...I-I didn't mean to hurt you...I...It was a selfish question..." he whispered, as he hugged him.

Shaun Calhoun

The sudden hugs around him made Shaun gasp softly as a small blush crept along his face. Leon himself getting uncomfortable in the process and clawing his way onto Shaun's chest and towards his neck causing the teen to groan softly at the overall sharpness of the claws on his feline friend. Though the pain soon went away as he heard the words of Soleil fill his ears. The words that filled his ears still caused him to stand there abashed and speechless as he let them sink in, not wanting to say a word.
Freeing one hand from his grasp as well as from Leon Shaun pulled in Soleil for a tighter hug and stood there for a moment before releasing him and sighing with a small smile on his face and closed his eyes for a moment. "Thank you. But I may ask, why would you suddenly ask such a question as that out of the blue?" His eyes still remained closed but his tone changed to now being even more serious. Exactly what was the reason for having to go through such a thing as this again?

Soleil began to blush himself, knowing his answer would probably come across as very strange. "...A-Ah...well...um...Y-You...um..." He put a hand on his cheek, which was still burning from bashfulness. "...You...um...kissed my cheek...and...usually that is a mere greeting in France...b-but...I know that...i-it doesn't always...mean those things...Like...Shaun...um...I-I didn't know if...I wanted to know if...y-you were...if you had...started to have a crush on me...like you...like you fell in love with Liam...I-I'm sorry..." He lowered his gaze, feeling somewhat ashamed of his confused thoughts. He felt he had ruined the pure, gentle moment of friendship between them with his overcalculation, and he did not want to look his dear friend in the face for it.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Luminesa wrote:Soleil began to blush himself, knowing his answer would probably come across as very strange. "...A-Ah...well...um...Y-You...um..." He put a hand on his cheek, which was still burning from bashfulness. "...You...um...kissed my cheek...and...usually that is a mere greeting in France...b-but...I know that...i-it doesn't always...mean those things...Like...Shaun...um...I-I didn't know if...I wanted to know if...y-you were...if you had...started to have a crush on me...like you...like you fell in love with Liam...I-I'm sorry..." He lowered his gaze, feeling somewhat ashamed of his confused thoughts. He felt he had ruined the pure, gentle moment of friendship between them with his overcalculation, and he did not want to look his dear friend in the face for it.

Shaun Calhoun

Hearing his explanation for the question, Shaun's eyes widen as his blush became bigger to the point that he had to looked away, too embarrassed to come up with the right words to say. So he believed that he had a crush on him. Such a daunting and straightforward thinking he must admit. Turning back towards him with his face still rosy in color, Shaun giggled and shook his head slowly at him.

"What? No, I don't have a crush on you. Or did I fall in love with you in such a romantic aspect of things; see, I must have told you so I apologize for that. The things I do. That I say. Things like these are how I express my adoration to someone. Someone that I trust and care about. These things such a kiss on the cheek mean nothing to me romantically and I try to remind others that some of the things that I do aren't me hitting on you or saying that I like you.
If I flirt and hold hands with you and even kiss you on your cheek or hand without nothing being a problem, then it means that I trust you enough to where I can be myself around you without having to change completely around you. But if it make you uncomfortable than I can stop it if you'll like. Just tell me. And I'm sorry for not giving you a warning manual for dealing with me." His face revealed a small grin as he closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his head even more embarrassed and awkward. Still keeping that pose, he gave his final word to the matter. "Plus, you're already with someone so why would I get involved and mess up something between the two of them? Also...I do believe that you are not the type of guy to go for well...a guy...ahehe..." His awkward chuckle at the end made his face light up even more as his embarrassment covered his face which a small groan behind a closed mouth followed.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil began to blush himself, knowing his answer would probably come across as very strange. "...A-Ah...well...um...Y-You...um..." He put a hand on his cheek, which was still burning from bashfulness. "...You...um...kissed my cheek...and...usually that is a mere greeting in France...b-but...I know that...i-it doesn't always...mean those things...Like...Shaun...um...I-I didn't know if...I wanted to know if...y-you were...if you had...started to have a crush on me...like you...like you fell in love with Liam...I-I'm sorry..." He lowered his gaze, feeling somewhat ashamed of his confused thoughts. He felt he had ruined the pure, gentle moment of friendship between them with his overcalculation, and he did not want to look his dear friend in the face for it.

Shaun Calhoun

Hearing his explanation for the question, Shaun's eyes widen as his blush became bigger to the point that he had to looked away, too embarrassed to come up with the right words to say. So he believed that he had a crush on him. Such a daunting and straightforward thinking he must admit. Turning back towards him with his face still rosy in color, Shaun giggled and shook his head slowly at him.

"What? No, I don't have a crush on you. Or did I fall in love with you in such a romantic aspect of things; see, I must have told you so I apologize for that. The things I do. That I say. Things like these are how I express my adoration to someone. Someone that I trust and care about. These things such a kiss on the cheek mean nothing to me romantically and I try to remind others that some of the things that I do aren't me hitting on you or saying that I like you.
If I flirt and hold hands with you and even kiss you on your cheek or hand without nothing being a problem, then it means that I trust you enough to where I can be myself around you without having to change completely around you. But if it make you uncomfortable than I can stop it if you'll like. Just tell me. And I'm sorry for not giving you a warning manual for dealing with me." His face revealed a small grin as he closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his head even more embarrassed and awkward. Still keeping that pose, he gave his final word to the matter. "Plus, you're already with someone so why would I get involved and mess up something between the two of them? Also...I do believe that you are not the type of guy to go for well...a guy...ahehe..." His awkward chuckle at the end made his face light up even more as his embarrassment covered his face which a small groan behind a closed mouth followed.

"...O-Oh...okay...Um...I-I'm sorry...I-I'm still learning these things myself...Y-You can hold my hand and things like that, if it makes you happy," Soleil answered, sensing Shaun's discomfort, "...I-I really don't mind...I just want you to be happy...I-I don't know anything about...relationships...or how people start them...I just know basic things...and...I guess it wasn't my place to guess such a thing...If you trust me, then...that's good all by itself. Friends are supposed to...trust each other...Right, Leon?" He went to lighten the mood by bringing the cat into it, petting his head and getting him another platter of banana pudding. Putting it down on the bed, he then turned back to Shaun. "...S-So, now I that I understand you a little better...don't worry about it. We're learning about each other...l-like...friends are supposed to do." He gave him a big, happy smile, showing him that he was not offended or worried. "...We'll just have to explain it to Kasumi-chan...she probably won't understand it either...but I do...and...even having just one person understand you is good...r-right?"
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Luminesa wrote:"...O-Oh...okay...Um...I-I'm sorry...I-I'm still learning these things myself...Y-You can hold my hand and things like that, if it makes you happy," Soleil answered, sensing Shaun's discomfort, "...I-I really don't mind...I just want you to be happy...I-I don't know anything about...relationships...or how people start them...I just know basic things...and...I guess it wasn't my place to guess such a thing...If you trust me, then...that's good all by itself. Friends are supposed to...trust each other...Right, Leon?" He went to lighten the mood by bringing the cat into it, petting his head and getting him another platter of banana pudding. Putting it down on the bed, he then turned back to Shaun. "...S-So, now I that I understand you a little better...don't worry about it. We're learning about each other...l-like...friends are supposed to do." He gave him a big, happy smile, showing him that he was not offended or worried. "...We'll just have to explain it to Kasumi-chan...she probably won't understand it either...but I do...and...even having just one person understand you is good...r-right?"

Shaun Calhoun

Smelling the pudding, Leon looked up at Shaun with his light amber eyes as if signaling him to place him down for which Shaun sensed and brought him over to the bed where he sat him down and looked as he licked the pudding up once more. Sighing coyly, he turned back around to Soleil as he asked his question and smiled softly giving a nod to him. "I mean, one person to trust is better than having nobody to trust. But if it becomes too much trouble that I start to affect your relationship with Kasumi....chan?" He said in confusion as he didn't know anything about Japanese suffixes and thought this was just something that he called her along with everyone else. "Then I will stop it and try to not do it again. I don't want to make things awkward. But knowing me and my awkwardness, I might just call myself the...the Ultimate Socially Awkward Student or something."

With a small chuckle at his joke, Shaun combed his hair with his hand as the sunlight from the window peered through and landed onto his eyes, giving them a dramatic almost whitish-purple tint to them before turning around and looking down at Soleil, nodding. "Now...Can we go? I'm hungry; a reach craving for peanut butter is on my mind right now." Once Leon was done with his plate, Shaun picked up the plate and threw it away as the cat jumped down from the floor and began walking out of the dorm room since it was open. "Oh...Well let's make our way outside. It's about this time that I take him out to get his daily morning exercise and explorations.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse