NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil was so shocked to see her with her spear that he nearly dropped the platter of food. Jumping back from the door like a frightened kitten, he watched her and waited for her to finish speaking. When she seemed to have calmed down, he finally remembered to breathe, and then he stared at her. "...K-Katelyn...I-I would never do something like that...I-I don't even know how to use poison...M-My mom tried to teach me, but that went about as well as anything did with her..."

He sighed, and he walked into the room with the food. Pancakes covered in butter and syrup, bacon, and two hash browns were made for her, and he had also brought a carton of chocolate milk. He placed the platter on the table, and looked around the room. He could not see the demon-who was watching him amusedly from his spot near Katelyn's bed-but he felt a slightly ill feeling as he stood inside. Of course, thinking of his dead cousin again sunk his heart inside.

"...Wh-Why do you think that...everyone would side with my cousin?...I-I'm the only person...who ever loved him..." He turned around and faced her, sadly. "...B-But...I would have rathered that he hurt me...instead of you...N-No, everyone else wanted him to die...None of them...would a-ask him to...d-do such things to you...W-Who here do you feel wants...t-to kill you?" he inquired, sadly.

Out of all of the students, he was the least informed out of them concerning Katelyn's growing hatred of everyone, most especially Rabbit. He still wanted to speak to the Professor himself, as he remembered how there had been the rumor that his teacher was a demon. He hoped it was not true. Something so kind and pure could not possibly be one of the forces of darkness that preyed on humanity...could it?
Katelyn's eyes widened as she saw the food, and she dropped her spear--still making sure to keep it nearby in case she needed it--to start scarfing it gleefully down. At Soleil's question, though, she paused.

"...you're really out of the loop, aren't you, kid? Cute. That's cute. Pretty much everyone in this entire freaking school wants me out of the way, since I outed their precious Rabbit for the demon it is. Never mind the proof, never mind the fact that if it weren't for Rabbit, I'd still have both eyes, never mind any of it--they just don't want to believe that their dear, sweet Rabbit could be what it is. Or maybe it's keeping them from realizing itself. Who knows? All I can figure is, everyone's got blinders on, and most of 'em couldn't care less if I live or die... when they don't actively want me dead," she growled. "Figures something like this would happen here, too. Just can't catch a break, eh?"

Soleil's eyes widened, and he suddenly felt incredibly cold. Memories of his mother visiting with dark, palpitatingly-wicked beings, oftentimes cloaked and quiet, in her home haunted him. The few times he snuck into the room and caught a glimpse of them, only to immediately become sick and to hurry out of the room. He wrapped his arms around himself, and shuddered. "...I-Is this true?...H-Have you...really seen this?...Tell me..." He walked toward her and stood next to her as she ate. The demon continued to watch him.

"...M-My mom dealt with demons a lot...sh-she...tried to get me to make a deal with them...when I was younger...S-Saturninus...I saw his as well...I-I know that the demon killed him...Th-They collect souls when they are finished...I-Is our teacher really..." He shook his head and resolved himself. Standing straight, as the Light Mage he was, and as the Jaegar he wanted to be, he added, "...Y-You must prove it to me. Please. I-If he is a demon...w-we must not let him remain here...H-He will seek to make a contract with someone, i-if he has not already..."

The demon behind Katelyn snickered. "Oh, look at the tiny Crusader. How small and lovely. I could pinch his little cheeks, they're like fresh peaches...teehee..." It walked behind Soleil, and it ruffled his hair. "What are you going to do, little Jaegar? Fight me to the death? You can't even see me..." it whispered.
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Katelyn's eyes widened as she saw the food, and she dropped her spear--still making sure to keep it nearby in case she needed it--to start scarfing it gleefully down. At Soleil's question, though, she paused.

"...you're really out of the loop, aren't you, kid? Cute. That's cute. Pretty much everyone in this entire freaking school wants me out of the way, since I outed their precious Rabbit for the demon it is. Never mind the proof, never mind the fact that if it weren't for Rabbit, I'd still have both eyes, never mind any of it--they just don't want to believe that their dear, sweet Rabbit could be what it is. Or maybe it's keeping them from realizing itself. Who knows? All I can figure is, everyone's got blinders on, and most of 'em couldn't care less if I live or die... when they don't actively want me dead," she growled. "Figures something like this would happen here, too. Just can't catch a break, eh?"

Soleil's eyes widened, and he suddenly felt incredibly cold. Memories of his mother visiting with dark, palpitatingly-wicked beings, oftentimes cloaked and quiet, in her home haunted him. The few times he snuck into the room and caught a glimpse of them, only to immediately become sick and to hurry out of the room. He wrapped his arms around himself, and shuddered. "...I-Is this true?...H-Have you...really seen this?...Tell me..." He walked toward her and stood next to her as she ate. The demon continued to watch him.

"...M-My mom dealt with demons a lot...sh-she...tried to get me to make a deal with them...when I was younger...S-Saturninus...I saw his as well...I-I know that the demon killed him...Th-They collect souls when they are finished...I-Is our teacher really..." He shook his head and resolved himself. Standing straight, as the Light Mage he was, and as the Jaegar he wanted to be, he added, "...Y-You must prove it to me. Please. I-If he is a demon...w-we must not let him remain here...H-He will seek to make a contract with someone, i-if he has not already..."
"Go cut the thing," Katelyn said absentmindedly, still eating. "You'll see, then. Even your cousin saw it. Go ahead, what are you waiting for? Just take something sharp. One little slice'll do the trick, no need for anything fancy. Probably won't even fight back, it's got quite the ego. Knows no one will believe that it's a demon, so it doesn't even need to bother."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil's eyes widened, and he suddenly felt incredibly cold. Memories of his mother visiting with dark, palpitatingly-wicked beings, oftentimes cloaked and quiet, in her home haunted him. The few times he snuck into the room and caught a glimpse of them, only to immediately become sick and to hurry out of the room. He wrapped his arms around himself, and shuddered. "...I-Is this true?...H-Have you...really seen this?...Tell me..." He walked toward her and stood next to her as she ate. The demon continued to watch him.

"Go cut the thing," Katelyn said absentmindedly, still eating. "You'll see, then. Even your cousin saw it. Go ahead, what are you waiting for? Just take something sharp. One little slice'll do the trick, no need for anything fancy. Probably won't even fight back, it's got quite the ego. Knows no one will believe that it's a demon, so it doesn't even need to bother."

"...A-Attack...the teacher?!" Soleil's stomach sunk even further. Stealing Kasumi's medicine had been bad enough. Then he had stolen Ruta's letters, to go find Yona's letter. Now he was going to attack a teacher? What if Rabbit was not a demon? Severe consequences came from hurting a teacher. Yet he had to know. He shuddered. He trusted Katelyn as a friend, and after a minute of choking on his words, he spit-out, "...Y-You have to come with me...once you are done eating. I...do not want to do this alone...I-I am afraid..."

If Rabbit was a demon, and Soleil struck him alone, he would be attacked. He was sure of it. Yet if Rabbit was outnumbered and unable to catch the other one, he would not do it. It would be too much of a risk. "...W-We could both go find him...A-And...I could attack him, while you hide and wait. That way...if he does attack me...Y-You can run and tell someone...while I hold him off..." Knowing full-well how long he would last against a demon without magic, he was still willing to make the sacrifice for his classmate.
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Go cut the thing," Katelyn said absentmindedly, still eating. "You'll see, then. Even your cousin saw it. Go ahead, what are you waiting for? Just take something sharp. One little slice'll do the trick, no need for anything fancy. Probably won't even fight back, it's got quite the ego. Knows no one will believe that it's a demon, so it doesn't even need to bother."

"...A-Attack...the teacher?!" Soleil's stomach sunk even further. Stealing Kasumi's medicine had been bad enough. Then he had stolen Ruta's letters, to go find Yona's letter. Now he was going to attack a teacher? What if Rabbit was not a demon? Severe consequences came from hurting a teacher. Yet he had to know. He shuddered. He trusted Katelyn as a friend, and after a minute of choking on his words, he spit-out, "...Y-You have to come with me...once you are done eating. I...do not want to do this alone...I-I am afraid..."

If Rabbit was a demon, and Soleil struck him alone, he would be attacked. He was sure of it. Yet if Rabbit was outnumbered and unable to catch the other one, he would not do it. It would be too much of a risk. "...W-We could both go find him...A-And...I could attack him, while you hide and wait. That way...if he does attack me...Y-You can run and tell someone...while I hold him off..." Knowing full-well how long he would last against a demon without magic, he was still willing to make the sacrifice for his classmate.
"Sure thing, kid," Katelyn said offhandedly, finishing scarfing down her meal in record time, eager for the task ahead to be completed. Finally! Finally someone's going to actually believe me! And once he does, he can help convince everyone else--they'll believe him, everyone likes this kid, and then it will all be over, they won't think I'm crazy anymore.

Heck, I'll be a hero, won't I?

She felt something warm inside her, and smiled. She liked the idea of being a hero. Instead of the witch, the outcast, the psycho--compared to that, being a hero sounded pretty good.

Please. Please. This has to work.

"Okay, shy guy," she declared, standing up from her empty plate and grabbing her spear again. "Let's get going."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...A-Attack...the teacher?!" Soleil's stomach sunk even further. Stealing Kasumi's medicine had been bad enough. Then he had stolen Ruta's letters, to go find Yona's letter. Now he was going to attack a teacher? What if Rabbit was not a demon? Severe consequences came from hurting a teacher. Yet he had to know. He shuddered. He trusted Katelyn as a friend, and after a minute of choking on his words, he spit-out, "...Y-You have to come with me...once you are done eating. I...do not want to do this alone...I-I am afraid..."

"Sure thing, kid," Katelyn said offhandedly, finishing scarfing down her meal in record time, eager for the task ahead to be completed. Finally! Finally someone's going to actually believe me! And once he does, he can help convince everyone else--they'll believe him, everyone likes this kid, and then it will all be over, they won't think I'm crazy anymore.

She felt something warm inside her, and smiled. She liked the idea of being a hero. Instead of the witch, the outcast, the psycho--compared to that, being a hero sounded pretty good.

"Okay, shy guy," she declared, standing up from her empty plate and grabbing her spear again. "Let's get going."

Soleil nodded, and he tried to use his magic to create a crude weapon. It stung him to use magic again, for the first time in almost a week, and just after being healed from major injuries, but he did manage to create a mid-sized, simple lance. He held the glowing item in his hand, feeling the swirling wind inside of the thin, jade-colored item. He then turned to Katelyn. "...O-Okay...let's go find him...a-and be careful..." he whispered.

"Oh, the little boy is going to fight his teacher? With just a simple lance? Should be fun to watch...You can only hope he doesn't...you know...die, first?" The demon commented.

Soleil looked out the window of her room, and he saw Rabbit walking across the courtyard, perhaps going to speak to someone. He seemed his normal self, dressed now in his favorite white kimono with red cuffs, and red flowers embroidered on the fabric. He looked so much like a benevolent spirit, he was even humming to himself and taking his time. Class would presumably start in an hour or so. He had a very limited amount of time to do this. "...L-Let's hurry..." he whispered, as he rushed out of her room.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Sure thing, kid," Katelyn said offhandedly, finishing scarfing down her meal in record time, eager for the task ahead to be completed. Finally! Finally someone's going to actually believe me! And once he does, he can help convince everyone else--they'll believe him, everyone likes this kid, and then it will all be over, they won't think I'm crazy anymore.

Soleil nodded, and he tried to use his magic to create a crude weapon. It stung him to use magic again, for the first time in almost a week, and just after being healed from major injuries, but he did manage to create a mid-sized, simple lance. He held the glowing item in his hand, feeling the swirling wind inside of the thin, jade-colored item. He then turned to Katelyn. "...O-Okay...let's go find him...a-and be careful..." he whispered.

"Oh, the little boy is going to fight his teacher? With just a simple lance? Should be fun to watch...You can only hope he doesn't...you know...die, first?" The demon commented.

Soleil looked out the window of her room, and he saw Rabbit walking across the courtyard, perhaps going to speak to someone. He seemed his normal self, dressed now in his favorite white kimono with red cuffs, and red flowers embroidered on the fabric. He looked so much like a benevolent spirit, he was even humming to himself and taking his time. Class would presumably start in an hour or so. He had a very limited amount of time to do this. "...L-Let's hurry..." he whispered, as he rushed out of her room.
"Go get him, kid," Katelyn said with a smirk, lingering behind as Soleil had suggested. Go ahead. Just one slice across that perfect skin and you'll see just how your teacher really is under that stupid costume. And then, it'll die. Like it should have died a long time ago.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil nodded, and he tried to use his magic to create a crude weapon. It stung him to use magic again, for the first time in almost a week, and just after being healed from major injuries, but he did manage to create a mid-sized, simple lance. He held the glowing item in his hand, feeling the swirling wind inside of the thin, jade-colored item. He then turned to Katelyn. "...O-Okay...let's go find him...a-and be careful..." he whispered.

"Go get him, kid," Katelyn said with a smirk, lingering behind as Soleil had suggested. Go ahead. Just one slice across that perfect skin and you'll see just how your teacher really is under that stupid costume. And then, it'll die. Like it should have died a long time ago.

He did not feel proud of what he was about to do. He did not feel proud of it at all. In fact, Soleil was incredibly nervous. Was it better to perhaps just remain ignorant about these things? As he left the dorm and walked out onto the path, and into the courtyard, he found himself sneaking around, moving behind trees, and rushing around as silently as he could. He did all that he could to keep himself from quaking like a freezing hare. Rabbit was very perceptive, and if Soleil was caught, then the plan was ruined. In an ideal situation, he would just knock his teacher out and bring him elsewhere for questioning. However, Soleil was not that strong, either physically or as a Mage.

I only hope...that if I am wrong...he will forgive me for this...And that...if I am right...that he will have mercy... he thought, clenching his teeth as he tried to keep from chickening-out.

Eventually, he got quite close. He stood in the courtyard, as Rabbit started to walk by, and Soleil hid behind the large oak in the middle of campus. He held the lance carefully in his right hand, making sure to hold his Mana steady, in order to hold the construct in place. He was also glad now that his legs had recovered somewhat, and that he was able to walk around normally without wearing himself out. All he needed to do now was wait for the right moment. Professor...please...let me be wrong...at least then...all of this can be fixed... he thought. When Rabbit walked by, he went for it. Rushing out behind him, he prepared to launch his lance into his upper back...

Until Rabbit whirled around and summoned an orb of water around his attacker.

While Soleil was caught off-guard by the attack-he had attacked Rabbit's blindside, after all-Rabbit remained cool and silent as he approached him. Something about him seemed just slightly off. "...Attacking me in the open, are we? How bold of you," he spoke, not using the normal gentle tone he used for Soleil.

The boy's heart pounded in his chest, and even in the cool water of the orb, he would feel himself going into a cold sweat. He drew the lance toward himself, in a sort of last-resort defense. "...Pl-Please...don't hurt me..."

His professor walked over to him and examined him carefully. He looked at his face, and then at his body and his motions. "...Hmmmm...I'm not sure how you managed such a disguise...but don't think I won't see through it..." he muttered. He then strengthened the whirl of the water around Soleil, increasing the pressure just slightly.

"Unghm!" Soleil held his breath, becoming more panicked as he realized his life was in danger. His teacher thought he was someone else, coming to attack him in disguise. His eyes widened, and he began to beat against the orb. "Pro...Professor!" he screamed.

"...?" Rabbit seemed confused by the so-called "disguised person's" pleas. He was not expecting such a terrified response, even as he had his attacker captive in an orb of flowing water. Realizing that this was not who he thought it was, he dropped the orb, causing Soleil to fall to his knees, shaking and panting. "...Soleil! So...it is you?!" He knelt down in front of him and took off the outer layer of his kimono, wrapping his student in it as a makeshift blanket.

"...I-I'm sorry...I-I'm sorry..." he breathed, as he shuddered from shock and from being doused with so much cold water so quickly.

"No, I am sorry...I thought you were someone else...I've started to become a little paranoid myself lately..." he muttered. Of course, he had his own concerns, which these days he tried to keep from the students and from the other teachers. His own drama, he felt, was coming back for him, and while no obvious hints of it had showed, he was almost certain that the person who was attacking him was not Soleil. Yet seeing that the gentle, soft-spoken, and polite student had indeed attacked him was just as shocking. He would not imagine in a thousand years that Soleil would attack him. He had never done anything to the boy...had he?

"...But Soleil...why on earth did you attack me?"

Soleil slowly rose to his feet, and he stared up at his teacher. Realizing his spear was gone, he gulped. "...I-I...thought...you were a demon..." He did not want to indicate Katelyn in such an act, as she had not done anything, and he had been the one to offer to do the act for her. "...I-I...wanted to see...if this was true..."

Rabbit guessed immediately, however, that Katelyn had put him to it. That was the only solution. Soleil had never attacked anyone on his own before, except when goaded by those spirits that had been-and might still have been-inside of him. He was the most docile student on campus by far, surpassed by maybe only Kasumi or Shaun. And Artosh, if teachers were counted. Furthermore, he had never hurt Soleil until now. He shuddered at the idea of hurting him, even on accident, as the upcoming trial loomed. This could be used against him, and he never meant to hurt the boy even on accident. "...I see..." he answered simply, nodding. "...Soleil...much has been hidden from you this last week, hm?"

The boy's eyes widened. Was Rabbit preparing him for the truth? He wrapped the kimono around him tightly, trying to get warm.

"...Ah, let's get you dry again, first," Rabbit muttered, before he raised a hand and absorbed the excess water on his student's body and clothing. He turned it into an orb of water, and then crushed it. He then held out his hand, and created a sliver of ice. He stabbed his hand with it, and then he bled it just slightly. A few drops of black blood pooled outside the wound, and he showed it to him. "...Black blood?"

Soleil caught his breath in his throat. "...S-So...y-you are a demon?"

"...Not quite. But close. A Dark Mana Being...Considering your family, you are aware of what we are," he replied, plainly. He did not want to hide anything from the boy anymore.

"...Y-Yes..." Soleil answered, sadly. Remembering how badly his mother had treated his own creations, and how he began to wonder if perhaps Rabbit had been treated just as badly by someone.

Rabbit laughed sadly. "...Then I do not need to re-introduce myself, do I?...I am sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long...You wanted to be a Jaegar...and I did not want for you to learn before you...were ready, I suppose...but now is a good time, I suppose..." he answered.

Soleil at first seemed rather unnerved. Most Dark Mana Beings he had seen were very disfigured and had slave-like minds, or no minds at all. Yet Rabbit was totally fine, a teacher at an exclusive academy for Mages. How had he come to this place? And how was his owner not looking for him? Realizing how these thoughts made him sound, however, he shook them off. He of course could not kill his teacher now, and he felt incredibly awful for attacking him. "...B-But...even as a Dark Mana Being...you...I...I couldn't kill you..." he whispered.

"...I know. That is why I did not want to tell you. I knew you would feel discouraged over your...path. Of course, there is no reason for you to hate yourself over that...You're not even a Jaegar as of right now. There is no reason to feel such a burden anyway," Rabbit answered kindly, "...You still have many years before you need to decide on such a thing. But now you should prepare for class, hm? Do not worry, I forgive you for your actions. I only hope you will forgive me for mine."

"...Y-Yes...but...who did you think I was?" Soleil inquired, as he handed Rabbit his kimono-coat.

"...Ahhh...it is nobody you know. Don't worry about it," Rabbit answered, as he put his robes back on. "...Anyway, go prepare for class. Today will be busy! I hope you have a good day," he answered, slightly rushed. Whether or not he had other things on his mind was to be seen. Yet with this, he turned quickly and hurried away.
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Go get him, kid," Katelyn said with a smirk, lingering behind as Soleil had suggested. Go ahead. Just one slice across that perfect skin and you'll see just how your teacher really is under that stupid costume. And then, it'll die. Like it should have died a long time ago.

He did not feel proud of what he was about to do. He did not feel proud of it at all. In fact, Soleil was incredibly nervous. Was it better to perhaps just remain ignorant about these things? As he left the dorm and walked out onto the path, and into the courtyard, he found himself sneaking around, moving behind trees, and rushing around as silently as he could. He did all that he could to keep himself from quaking like a freezing hare. Rabbit was very perceptive, and if Soleil was caught, then the plan was ruined. In an ideal situation, he would just knock his teacher out and bring him elsewhere for questioning. However, Soleil was not that strong, either physically or as a Mage.

I only hope...that if I am wrong...he will forgive me for this...And that...if I am right...that he will have mercy... he thought, clenching his teeth as he tried to keep from chickening-out.

Eventually, he got quite close. He stood in the courtyard, as Rabbit started to walk by, and Soleil hid behind the large oak in the middle of campus. He held the lance carefully in his right hand, making sure to hold his Mana steady, in order to hold the construct in place. He was also glad now that his legs had recovered somewhat, and that he was able to walk around normally without wearing himself out. All he needed to do now was wait for the right moment. Professor...please...let me be wrong...at least then...all of this can be fixed... he thought. When Rabbit walked by, he went for it. Rushing out behind him, he prepared to launch his lance into his upper back...

While Soleil was caught off-guard by the attack-he had attacked Rabbit's blindside, after all-Rabbit remained cool and silent as he approached him. Something about him seemed just slightly off. "...Attacking me in the open, are we? How bold of you," he spoke, not using the normal gentle tone he used for Soleil.

The boy's heart pounded in his chest, and even in the cool water of the orb, he would feel himself going into a cold sweat. He drew the lance toward himself, in a sort of last-resort defense. "...Pl-Please...don't hurt me..."

His professor walked over to him and examined him carefully. He looked at his face, and then at his body and his motions. "...Hmmmm...I'm not sure how you managed such a disguise...but don't think I won't see through it..." he muttered. He then strengthened the whirl of the water around Soleil, increasing the pressure just slightly.

"Unghm!" Soleil held his breath, becoming more panicked as he realized his life was in danger. His teacher thought he was someone else, coming to attack him in disguise. His eyes widened, and he began to beat against the orb. "Pro...Professor!" he screamed.

"...?" Rabbit seemed confused by the so-called "disguised person's" pleas. He was not expecting such a terrified response, even as he had his attacker captive in an orb of flowing water. Realizing that this was not who he thought it was, he dropped the orb, causing Soleil to fall to his knees, shaking and panting. "...Soleil! So...it is you?!" He knelt down in front of him and took off the outer layer of his kimono, wrapping his student in it as a makeshift blanket.

"...I-I'm sorry...I-I'm sorry..." he breathed, as he shuddered from shock and from being doused with so much cold water so quickly.

"No, I am sorry...I thought you were someone else...I've started to become a little paranoid myself lately..." he muttered. Of course, he had his own concerns, which these days he tried to keep from the students and from the other teachers. His own drama, he felt, was coming back for him, and while no obvious hints of it had showed, he was almost certain that the person who was attacking him was not Soleil. Yet seeing that the gentle, soft-spoken, and polite student had indeed attacked him was just as shocking. He would not imagine in a thousand years that Soleil would attack him. He had never done anything to the boy...had he?

Soleil slowly rose to his feet, and he stared up at his teacher. Realizing his spear was gone, he gulped. "...I-I...thought...you were a demon..." He did not want to indicate Katelyn in such an act, as she had not done anything, and he had been the one to offer to do the act for her. "...I-I...wanted to see...if this was true..."

Rabbit guessed immediately, however, that Katelyn had put him to it. That was the only solution. Soleil had never attacked anyone on his own before, except when goaded by those spirits that had been-and might still have been-inside of him. He was the most docile student on campus by far, surpassed by maybe only Kasumi or Shaun. And Artosh, if teachers were counted. Furthermore, he had never hurt Soleil until now. He shuddered at the idea of hurting him, even on accident, as the upcoming trial loomed. This could be used against him, and he never meant to hurt the boy even on accident. "...I see..." he answered simply, nodding. "...Soleil...much has been hidden from you this last week, hm?"

The boy's eyes widened. Was Rabbit preparing him for the truth? He wrapped the kimono around him tightly, trying to get warm.

"...Ah, let's get you dry again, first," Rabbit muttered, before he raised a hand and absorbed the excess water on his student's body and clothing. He turned it into an orb of water, and then crushed it. He then held out his hand, and created a sliver of ice. He stabbed his hand with it, and then he bled it just slightly. A few drops of black blood pooled outside the wound, and he showed it to him. "...Black blood?"

"...Not quite. But close. A Dark Mana Being...Considering your family, you are aware of what we are," he replied, plainly. He did not want to hide anything from the boy anymore.

"...Y-Yes..." Soleil answered, sadly. Remembering how badly his mother had treated his own creations, and how he began to wonder if perhaps Rabbit had been treated just as badly by someone.

Rabbit laughed sadly. "...Then I do not need to re-introduce myself, do I?...I am sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long...You wanted to be a Jaegar...and I did not want for you to learn before you...were ready, I suppose...but now is a good time, I suppose..." he answered.

Soleil at first seemed rather unnerved. Most Dark Mana Beings he had seen were very disfigured and had slave-like minds, or no minds at all. Yet Rabbit was totally fine, a teacher at an exclusive academy for Mages. How had he come to this place? And how was his owner not looking for him? Realizing how these thoughts made him sound, however, he shook them off. He of course could not kill his teacher now, and he felt incredibly awful for attacking him. "...B-But...even as a Dark Mana Being...you...I...I couldn't kill you..." he whispered.

"...I know. That is why I did not want to tell you. I knew you would feel discouraged over your...path. Of course, there is no reason for you to hate yourself over that...You're not even a Jaegar as of right now. There is no reason to feel such a burden anyway," Rabbit answered kindly, "...You still have many years before you need to decide on such a thing. But now you should prepare for class, hm? Do not worry, I forgive you for your actions. I only hope you will forgive me for mine."

"...Y-Yes...but...who did you think I was?" Soleil inquired, as he handed Rabbit his kimono-coat.

"...Ahhh...it is nobody you know. Don't worry about it," Rabbit answered, as he put his robes back on. "...Anyway, go prepare for class. Today will be busy! I hope you have a good day," he answered, slightly rushed. Whether or not he had other things on his mind was to be seen. Yet with this, he turned quickly and hurried away.
Staring blankly at where Rabbit had been, Katelyn processed the events in her mind, her hands twitching.

A growl rose in the back of her throat, one that turned into a shout and then a scream of pure rage, and in a moment, the coils of her spear were wrapped around Soleil, her eye flashing with fury.

"Stupid little brat!" she shouted. "What were you thinking? You saw the truth and you just let that thing walk away? And everyone loves you so, so much. Why? You're pathetic! You can't even try to kill a demon, what's wrong with you? All your stupid nonsense about being a Jaegar, you'll never be one! Because you're too weak to do what needs to be done! What, do you think your little delusions will impress Professor Ruta? You're nothing like him, and he'll never care about you! He cares about me! ME!" she screamed, even as the little voice in her mind whispered, Then where is he? "You can't protect the people you claim to care about, you don't even try to protect yourself. How stupid can you possibly be? And to think for a moment I actually thought you could help me. You're useless!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He did not feel proud of what he was about to do. He did not feel proud of it at all. In fact, Soleil was incredibly nervous. Was it better to perhaps just remain ignorant about these things? As he left the dorm and walked out onto the path, and into the courtyard, he found himself sneaking around, moving behind trees, and rushing around as silently as he could. He did all that he could to keep himself from quaking like a freezing hare. Rabbit was very perceptive, and if Soleil was caught, then the plan was ruined. In an ideal situation, he would just knock his teacher out and bring him elsewhere for questioning. However, Soleil was not that strong, either physically or as a Mage.

Staring blankly at where Rabbit had been, Katelyn processed the events in her mind, her hands twitching.

A growl rose in the back of her throat, one that turned into a shout and then a scream of pure rage, and in a moment, the coils of her spear were wrapped around Soleil, her eye flashing with fury.

"Stupid little brat!" she shouted. "What were you thinking? You saw the truth and you just let that thing walk away? And everyone loves you so, so much. Why? You're pathetic! You can't even try to kill a demon, what's wrong with you? All your stupid nonsense about being a Jaegar, you'll never be one! Because you're too weak to do what needs to be done! What, do you think your little delusions will impress Professor Ruta? You're nothing like him, and he'll never care about you! He cares about me! ME!" she screamed, even as the little voice in her mind whispered, Then where is he? "You can't protect the people you claim to care about, you don't even try to protect yourself. How stupid can you possibly be? And to think for a moment I actually thought you could help me. You're useless!"

Soleil stared up at her in terror, as she lashed at him. She laid-out every weakness, every insecurity, all of the people he loved and all of his dreams, and like a stray ant-hill she kicked it over and stomped it all into dirt. He shivered as she told him that Ruta did not love him, that the only person he loved was Katelyn, and that he would never live up to his own ideals. He would never be able to defend the people he loved. All of it crumbled in front of him. He remained frozen as long as she talked, knowing full-well that she could overpower him, as weak as he was at the moment. "...K-Katelyn..." he whispered, ready to cry.

As soon as Rabbit heard that familiar voice, he turned around quickly, and he saw Soleil being tied-down and attacked by Katelyn. He hurried back over, and he silently cursed himself. Ah no...I should have simply turned myself in and stayed there...Now she is not only attacking me, but others...And he will not be the last, if I do not do something. Halting right behind Katelyn, he used his telekinesis to pick her up, and to turn her toward him. "...Put...him...down. Now. Not only is he weaker than you, he is recovering from serious injuries and unable to fight back. Is this really the hill you want to lie down on, Ms. Sterling?" he questioned, now quite angry.

"...K-Katelyn...h-he...h-he's not a thing...I...I'm not...I'm not useless..." He bowed his head, and he knelt on the ground, forlorn. His fragile, recovering self-confidence was cracking, and he was trying to pull it together with all of the strength he had. "...I...I-I can fight...I-I'm not useless...Professor Ruta...does care...about me...H-He saved me...H-He...he does care..." Saying this part, however, drained him of all of his strength, and that gap of loneliness in his heart tore open. He stared down at the ground and let the tears fall, realizing he could not do anything to fight her or to get her to listen to him.

"...Katelyn, how could you say such things to him? You expect kindness from your classmates, and then you turn and you crush the people who are weaker than you? This is no way to act, and I am not the excuse. Do not turn your feud against me into a weapon to hurt him. Now apologize," Rabbit ordered, pointing to Soleil, "and I will not put you down until you do. Do you understand?"
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Staring blankly at where Rabbit had been, Katelyn processed the events in her mind, her hands twitching.

Soleil stared up at her in terror, as she lashed at him. She laid-out every weakness, every insecurity, all of the people he loved and all of his dreams, and like a stray ant-hill she kicked it over and stomped it all into dirt. He shivered as she told him that Ruta did not love him, that the only person he loved was Katelyn, and that he would never live up to his own ideals. He would never be able to defend the people he loved. All of it crumbled in front of him. He remained frozen as long as she talked, knowing full-well that she could overpower him, as weak as he was at the moment. "...K-Katelyn..." he whispered, ready to cry.

As soon as Rabbit heard that familiar voice, he turned around quickly, and he saw Soleil being tied-down and attacked by Katelyn. He hurried back over, and he silently cursed himself. Ah no...I should have simply turned myself in and stayed there...Now she is not only attacking me, but others...And he will not be the last, if I do not do something. Halting right behind Katelyn, he used his telekinesis to pick her up, and to turn her toward him. "...Put...him...down. Now. Not only is he weaker than you, he is recovering from serious injuries and unable to fight back. Is this really the hill you want to lie down on, Ms. Sterling?" he questioned, now quite angry.

"...K-Katelyn...h-he...h-he's not a thing...I...I'm not...I'm not useless..." He bowed his head, and he knelt on the ground, forlorn. His fragile, recovering self-confidence was cracking, and he was trying to pull it together with all of the strength he had. "...I...I-I can fight...I-I'm not useless...Professor Ruta...does care...about me...H-He saved me...H-He...he does care..." Saying this part, however, drained him of all of his strength, and that gap of loneliness in his heart tore open. He stared down at the ground and let the tears fall, realizing he could not do anything to fight her or to get her to listen to him.

"...Katelyn, how could you say such things to him? You expect kindness from your classmates, and then you turn and you crush the people who are weaker than you? This is no way to act, and I am not the excuse. Do not turn your feud against me into a weapon to hurt him. Now apologize," Rabbit ordered, pointing to Soleil, "and I will not put you down until you do. Do you understand?"
"Why should I listen to anything you say?!" Katelyn shouted back. "You're evil! It's your fault that I lost my eye! And this little brat pretended that he actually cared! Just like everyone else at this stupid school! And it's your fault! Why don't you just die already? And if you won't do that, at least have the courtesy to address your enemy by her name! My name is STARLING!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil stared up at her in terror, as she lashed at him. She laid-out every weakness, every insecurity, all of the people he loved and all of his dreams, and like a stray ant-hill she kicked it over and stomped it all into dirt. He shivered as she told him that Ruta did not love him, that the only person he loved was Katelyn, and that he would never live up to his own ideals. He would never be able to defend the people he loved. All of it crumbled in front of him. He remained frozen as long as she talked, knowing full-well that she could overpower him, as weak as he was at the moment. "...K-Katelyn..." he whispered, ready to cry.

"Why should I listen to anything you say?!" Katelyn shouted back. "You're evil! It's your fault that I lost my eye! And this little brat pretended that he actually cared! Just like everyone else at this stupid school! And it's your fault! Why don't you just die already? And if you won't do that, at least have the courtesy to address your enemy by her name! My name is STARLING!"

"...That was not my fault. I did not even know you had lost your eye, until I saw you after the fight with Solaine. I was nowhere near you. You cannot blame that on me. You may perhaps blame it on the person who actually attacked you, but you know I was not anywhere near you at the time of the attack. Based on his reaction, I don't think he was pretending to care. Now apologize to him. My entire being is made of Mana, I have plenty to spare while waiting for you to do so," Rabbit answered coolly. He was of the personal opinion, at this point, that a juvenile detention center was what she needed, just as much as she needed counseling. She was now a threat to her classmates as much as she was a threat to the teachers, and he felt she had indeed worn her welcome here. If not even Soleil could reach her, then nothing could.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Why should I listen to anything you say?!" Katelyn shouted back. "You're evil! It's your fault that I lost my eye! And this little brat pretended that he actually cared! Just like everyone else at this stupid school! And it's your fault! Why don't you just die already? And if you won't do that, at least have the courtesy to address your enemy by her name! My name is STARLING!"

"...That was not my fault. I did not even know you had lost your eye, until I saw you after the fight with Solaine. I was nowhere near you. You cannot blame that on me. You may perhaps blame it on the person who actually attacked you, but you know I was not anywhere near you at the time of the attack. Based on his reaction, I don't think he was pretending to care. Now apologize to him. My entire being is made of Mana, I have plenty to spare while waiting for you to do so," Rabbit answered coolly. He was of the personal opinion, at this point, that a juvenile detention center was what she needed, just as much as she needed counseling. She was now a threat to her classmates as much as she was a threat to the teachers, and he felt she had indeed worn her welcome here. If not even Soleil could reach her, then nothing could.
"Stop lying!" Katelyn screamed. "If it weren't for you, I'd have never run into Saturninus in the first place! It's your fault, all of it's your fault! I know you're doing this on purpose! I know you're trying to kill me, it's obvious! Well, go ahead and kill me, then, at this point I don't even care! Just get it over with!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...That was not my fault. I did not even know you had lost your eye, until I saw you after the fight with Solaine. I was nowhere near you. You cannot blame that on me. You may perhaps blame it on the person who actually attacked you, but you know I was not anywhere near you at the time of the attack. Based on his reaction, I don't think he was pretending to care. Now apologize to him. My entire being is made of Mana, I have plenty to spare while waiting for you to do so," Rabbit answered coolly. He was of the personal opinion, at this point, that a juvenile detention center was what she needed, just as much as she needed counseling. She was now a threat to her classmates as much as she was a threat to the teachers, and he felt she had indeed worn her welcome here. If not even Soleil could reach her, then nothing could.
"Stop lying!" Katelyn screamed. "If it weren't for you, I'd have never run into Saturninus in the first place! It's your fault, all of it's your fault! I know you're doing this on purpose! I know you're trying to kill me, it's obvious! Well, go ahead and kill me, then, at this point I don't even care! Just get it over with!"

"...Saturninus came on his aunt's orders, not on mine. If it were up to me his aunt and her sister and essentially everything they owned would have burned to the ground years ago. But I digress. If that does not convince you, very little will. Your angry babbling makes no difference to me at this point, as I see it is clearly not rooted in reality. I repeat. You will apologize to Soleil, or I will not let you move. I can stand here all day. I can stand here for all the rest of my life, if I must. A Dark Mana Being's maximum lifespan is something around 500 years, and I am perhaps half of that. So I do not mind the wait, dear. It is your decision, not mine, concerning what you wish to do with your life. Understood?" Rabbit answered, waiting patiently for her to obey him.

Soleil slowly rose to his feet behind them, even as he still had the chains around his body. He was wobbling from crying, and he did not speak a word. He did not even care that Rabbit had said he had wanted to kill his mother and her sister. All of that was past, at least concerning his mother. Yet now he was told he was useless and unlovable. He did not want to believe it, not after all of the students and teachers and even Ruta had visited him, talked to him, and had supported him. He breathed deeply, but the tears continued to flow. He wanted to speak, but nothing of value rose from his throat.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Henry Von Kressel

Upon the notice that Ambrosia arrived at the Academy, Henry knew what he had to do. It wouldn't be an easy thing to do, but he needed to talk to her, the one he worked hard to find and rescue. It could be one thing he needed to do to close the episode of Paris, and leave it behind.

Walking quickly through the Academy, he arrived at the infirmary, with a slightly different look than the one Ambrosia would remember. No more the red robes of his father's crests were visible on him. Instead, the black robes seemed to give him a more serious look. The two white dragons at the bottom, with a small golden lining around them weren't from his uncle's crest anymore: They were from his crest. And he needed to start his lordship with clear consciousness.

Looking around, he saw Ambrosia, finally returning to the Academy's grounds. It seemed that disgrace followed her, since her birth in the Krypta family, her involvement with Lynefleur and the Paris incident. Approaching her bed, he looked with her with calm down eyes, ones that indicated that after a dense conversation, everything would be solved.

"Good morning, Ambrosia. How are you feeling today?"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Stop lying!" Katelyn screamed. "If it weren't for you, I'd have never run into Saturninus in the first place! It's your fault, all of it's your fault! I know you're doing this on purpose! I know you're trying to kill me, it's obvious! Well, go ahead and kill me, then, at this point I don't even care! Just get it over with!"

"...Saturninus came on his aunt's orders, not on mine. If it were up to me his aunt and her sister and essentially everything they owned would have burned to the ground years ago. But I digress. If that does not convince you, very little will. Your angry babbling makes no difference to me at this point, as I see it is clearly not rooted in reality. I repeat. You will apologize to Soleil, or I will not let you move. I can stand here all day. I can stand here for all the rest of my life, if I must. A Dark Mana Being's maximum lifespan is something around 500 years, and I am perhaps half of that. So I do not mind the wait, dear. It is your decision, not mine, concerning what you wish to do with your life. Understood?" Rabbit answered, waiting patiently for her to obey him.

Soleil slowly rose to his feet behind them, even as he still had the chains around his body. He was wobbling from crying, and he did not speak a word. He did not even care that Rabbit had said he had wanted to kill his mother and her sister. All of that was past, at least concerning his mother. Yet now he was told he was useless and unlovable. He did not want to believe it, not after all of the students and teachers and even Ruta had visited him, talked to him, and had supported him. He breathed deeply, but the tears continued to flow. He wanted to speak, but nothing of value rose from his throat.
"Fine!" Katelyn screamed. "I'm sorry, okay?" It was quite obvious that she meant none of it, but it was hard to make someone feel sorry for something they felt no remorse over. "Just put me down, or freaking kill me already! Stop drawing it out!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Saturninus came on his aunt's orders, not on mine. If it were up to me his aunt and her sister and essentially everything they owned would have burned to the ground years ago. But I digress. If that does not convince you, very little will. Your angry babbling makes no difference to me at this point, as I see it is clearly not rooted in reality. I repeat. You will apologize to Soleil, or I will not let you move. I can stand here all day. I can stand here for all the rest of my life, if I must. A Dark Mana Being's maximum lifespan is something around 500 years, and I am perhaps half of that. So I do not mind the wait, dear. It is your decision, not mine, concerning what you wish to do with your life. Understood?" Rabbit answered, waiting patiently for her to obey him.

"Fine!" Katelyn screamed. "I'm sorry, okay?" It was quite obvious that she meant none of it, but it was hard to make someone feel sorry for something they felt no remorse over. "Just put me down, or freaking kill me already! Stop drawing it out!"

"Then take back everything you said. I can tell a false apology, dear, I have heard many of them before. I'm not going to let you go and then just let you hurt other children. I have no intention, however, of killing you. Whatever you feel has convinced you of that is false, and needs to be thrown aside. I have sought nothing less than your protection, and had Saturninus moved an inch, the day he beat you in that hallway, I would have killed him without a second thought. My refusal to fight you in the hotel came from my desire to show you that I am not an enemy. I have done everything to make sure you are safe here, and you have continually threatened myself and others. I will take this to the principal, and I can assure you that apology or not, your stay on this campus will be very short," Rabbit answered, barely holding back his rage at both her and at himself. What had he not done to show his care for her? What would he not do, to protect her? What was he missing?
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Fine!" Katelyn screamed. "I'm sorry, okay?" It was quite obvious that she meant none of it, but it was hard to make someone feel sorry for something they felt no remorse over. "Just put me down, or freaking kill me already! Stop drawing it out!"

"Then take back everything you said. I can tell a false apology, dear, I have heard many of them before. I'm not going to let you go and then just let you hurt other children. I have no intention, however, of killing you. Whatever you feel has convinced you of that is false, and needs to be thrown aside. I have sought nothing less than your protection, and had Saturninus moved an inch, the day he beat you in that hallway, I would have killed him without a second thought. My refusal to fight you in the hotel came from my desire to show you that I am not an enemy. I have done everything to make sure you are safe here, and you have continually threatened myself and others. I will take this to the principal, and I can assure you that apology or not, your stay on this campus will be very short," Rabbit answered, barely holding back his rage at both her and at himself. What had he not done to show his care for her? What would he not do, to protect her? What was he missing?
"Consider it retracted," Katelyn spat. "But you can't make me feel things. If that apology isn't good enough for you, then what do you want? Crocodile tears? I can do that. What, you want me to grovel and whine? Put me down, rabbit, and I'll be on my merry way. Otherwise, you just might have to hold me here until we're both dead."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Then take back everything you said. I can tell a false apology, dear, I have heard many of them before. I'm not going to let you go and then just let you hurt other children. I have no intention, however, of killing you. Whatever you feel has convinced you of that is false, and needs to be thrown aside. I have sought nothing less than your protection, and had Saturninus moved an inch, the day he beat you in that hallway, I would have killed him without a second thought. My refusal to fight you in the hotel came from my desire to show you that I am not an enemy. I have done everything to make sure you are safe here, and you have continually threatened myself and others. I will take this to the principal, and I can assure you that apology or not, your stay on this campus will be very short," Rabbit answered, barely holding back his rage at both her and at himself. What had he not done to show his care for her? What would he not do, to protect her? What was he missing?
"Consider it retracted," Katelyn spat. "But you can't make me feel things. If that apology isn't good enough for you, then what do you want? Crocodile tears? I can do that. What, you want me to grovel and whine? Put me down, rabbit, and I'll be on my merry way. Otherwise, you just might have to hold me here until we're both dead."

"First of all, miss, you are not the boss of me, and you never will be, no matter how much your utter hatred of me dictates that you must be. Then, perhaps consider what you have done to Soleil, and to your other classmates. You came here to escape your life on the streets, and then you essentially spit on your classmates and teachers who have tried as hard as they can to care for you and to befriend you. I do not want your fake tears or your grovelling at my feet. I am your teacher, not your overlord. Now listen to what I am telling you, and I will be satisfied. If you do not, then I will turn you over to someone whose authority you will respect," he answered.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Consider it retracted," Katelyn spat. "But you can't make me feel things. If that apology isn't good enough for you, then what do you want? Crocodile tears? I can do that. What, you want me to grovel and whine? Put me down, rabbit, and I'll be on my merry way. Otherwise, you just might have to hold me here until we're both dead."

"First of all, miss, you are not the boss of me, and you never will be, no matter how much your utter hatred of me dictates that you must be. Then, perhaps consider what you have done to Soleil, and to your other classmates. You came here to escape your life on the streets, and then you essentially spit on your classmates and teachers who have tried as hard as they can to care for you and to befriend you. I do not want your fake tears or your grovelling at my feet. I am your teacher, not your overlord. Now listen to what I am telling you, and I will be satisfied. If you do not, then I will turn you over to someone whose authority you will respect," he answered.
"Well, it's not like I can do anything else while you've got me stuck here," Katelyn responded, raising an eyebrow. "Are you done now? Or are you going to keep lecturing me? I'm sure you want me out of your hair, right? So let me get out of it."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"First of all, miss, you are not the boss of me, and you never will be, no matter how much your utter hatred of me dictates that you must be. Then, perhaps consider what you have done to Soleil, and to your other classmates. You came here to escape your life on the streets, and then you essentially spit on your classmates and teachers who have tried as hard as they can to care for you and to befriend you. I do not want your fake tears or your grovelling at my feet. I am your teacher, not your overlord. Now listen to what I am telling you, and I will be satisfied. If you do not, then I will turn you over to someone whose authority you will respect," he answered.
"Well, it's not like I can do anything else while you've got me stuck here," Katelyn responded, raising an eyebrow. "Are you done now? Or are you going to keep lecturing me? I'm sure you want me out of your hair, right? So let me get out of it."

"I can bring you to whoever I need to bring you to. Does that answer the question? Will you perhaps think about what I have said? I am not asking you to feel anything, I am simply asking for you to think about it. If that does not satisfy you, then perhaps nothing will. I myself do not care if you are...'in my hair'. I am a teacher, all of you are technically 'in my hair' as long as I continue to teach here. Your projections against me mean nothing. I know what I think, and I know what I am doing. I question whether I can say the same for you," Rabbit replied, turning and looking away for a moment. Perhaps Aether and Tsukiyomi had not looked deeply enough into her, when they had first examined her. He would request a second examination into her manastream...and maybe even deeper than that...from Tsukiyomi. He could not use his own magic, as she could use that against him. However, one of the other teachers could look to see if perhaps she was being influenced by...something else.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Well, it's not like I can do anything else while you've got me stuck here," Katelyn responded, raising an eyebrow. "Are you done now? Or are you going to keep lecturing me? I'm sure you want me out of your hair, right? So let me get out of it."

"I can bring you to whoever I need to bring you to. Does that answer the question? Will you perhaps think about what I have said? I am not asking you to feel anything, I am simply asking for you to think about it. If that does not satisfy you, then perhaps nothing will. I myself do not care if you are...'in my hair'. I am a teacher, all of you are technically 'in my hair' as long as I continue to teach here. Your projections against me mean nothing. I know what I think, and I know what I am doing. I question whether I can say the same for you," Rabbit replied, turning and looking away for a moment. Perhaps Aether and Tsukiyomi had not looked deeply enough into her, when they had first examined her. He would request a second examination into her manastream...and maybe even deeper than that...from Tsukiyomi. He could not use his own magic, as she could use that against him. However, one of the other teachers could look to see if perhaps she was being influenced by...something else.
"Oh, I'm sure you know exactly what you're doing," Katelyn muttered. "Sure, I'll think about what you said. Can't guarantee it'll change a thing, but I'll think about it."

Now put me down so I can get away from you.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:36 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Henry Von Kressel

Upon the notice that Ambrosia arrived at the Academy, Henry knew what he had to do. It wouldn't be an easy thing to do, but he needed to talk to her, the one he worked hard to find and rescue. It could be one thing he needed to do to close the episode of Paris, and leave it behind.

Walking quickly through the Academy, he arrived at the infirmary, with a slightly different look than the one Ambrosia would remember. No more the red robes of his father's crests were visible on him. Instead, the black robes seemed to give him a more serious look. The two white dragons at the bottom, with a small golden lining around them weren't from his uncle's crest anymore: They were from his crest. And he needed to start his lordship with clear consciousness.

Looking around, he saw Ambrosia, finally returning to the Academy's grounds. It seemed that disgrace followed her, since her birth in the Krypta family, her involvement with Lynefleur and the Paris incident. Approaching her bed, he looked with her with calm down eyes, ones that indicated that after a dense conversation, everything would be solved.

She was lying in bed, ignoring the morning and everything around her. What did the morning matter to her now, since she was immortal? What did any day matter to her? She was still in quite a bit of pain, though she had finally managed a good night's sleep for once, and she was staring up at the ceiling when Henry walked into her room. She sat up in her bed, dressed in a plain white nightgown, and she looked like an un-dead princess. Her eyes were empty, and her bouncy hair fell limp around her shoulders. Yet when she saw that Henry, of all people, was coming to visit her, her eyes brightened. She was shocked to see him, though she did remember how kind he had been when she was still a villain. Perhaps he was the best person for her to talk to right now. "...I'm...I'm okay...I'm hurting just a little...but I'll be alright..." she answered, with a sigh. She grinned up at him. "You're...heh...probably happy to be back here, and out of Paris, huh? I know I am...though I wish I had actually gotten to experience it...I can't believe it..." she muttered, pouting. "The prettiest city in the world and I'm stuck in a basement the whole time...Did you guys have fun?"
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Henry Von Kressel

She was lying in bed, ignoring the morning and everything around her. What did the morning matter to her now, since she was immortal? What did any day matter to her? She was still in quite a bit of pain, though she had finally managed a good night's sleep for once, and she was staring up at the ceiling when Henry walked into her room. She sat up in her bed, dressed in a plain white nightgown, and she looked like an un-dead princess. Her eyes were empty, and her bouncy hair fell limp around her shoulders. Yet when she saw that Henry, of all people, was coming to visit her, her eyes brightened. She was shocked to see him, though she did remember how kind he had been when she was still a villain. Perhaps he was the best person for her to talk to right now. "...I'm...I'm okay...I'm hurting just a little...but I'll be alright..." she answered, with a sigh. She grinned up at him. "You're...heh...probably happy to be back here, and out of Paris, huh? I know I am...though I wish I had actually gotten to experience it...I can't believe it..." she muttered, pouting. "The prettiest city in the world and I'm stuck in a basement the whole time...Did you guys have fun?"

Henry Von Kressel

He couldn't help but laugh at her mention of "fun". It was strange that after a few years in Mana, some things simply seemed fun for most of them, even if they were somewhat dangerous. Knocking out someone who poisoned his opponents seemed fun for Henry, but for most of the students it would've been something completely uncommon. Maybe that was one of the effects of studying at Mana, after all.

"Don't worry, Paris went through two World Wars... It will stay there a little bit longer if you wish to visit it. Well... Allow me to check my definition of fun... I actually ended up in a draw for the first place against a Japanese student, knocked out a Russian that apparently wanted to poison me unconscious and sent him back to Mother Russia with a few broken bones, and... Investigated your disappearance as well. Had to rally some help, but Lady Mercillia is always eager for a fight.

So... Yes. You can say that, in our way, we had some fun. It will be quite hard to explain it officially, it will be easier to tell ir to the future generations, but it's a good story anyway you look at it. So, how are you recovering? Physically and mentally, I mean."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:She was lying in bed, ignoring the morning and everything around her. What did the morning matter to her now, since she was immortal? What did any day matter to her? She was still in quite a bit of pain, though she had finally managed a good night's sleep for once, and she was staring up at the ceiling when Henry walked into her room. She sat up in her bed, dressed in a plain white nightgown, and she looked like an un-dead princess. Her eyes were empty, and her bouncy hair fell limp around her shoulders. Yet when she saw that Henry, of all people, was coming to visit her, her eyes brightened. She was shocked to see him, though she did remember how kind he had been when she was still a villain. Perhaps he was the best person for her to talk to right now. "...I'm...I'm okay...I'm hurting just a little...but I'll be alright..." she answered, with a sigh. She grinned up at him. "You're...heh...probably happy to be back here, and out of Paris, huh? I know I am...though I wish I had actually gotten to experience it...I can't believe it..." she muttered, pouting. "The prettiest city in the world and I'm stuck in a basement the whole time...Did you guys have fun?"

Henry Von Kressel

He couldn't help but laugh at her mention of "fun". It was strange that after a few years in Mana, some things simply seemed fun for most of them, even if they were somewhat dangerous. Knocking out someone who poisoned his opponents seemed fun for Henry, but for most of the students it would've been something completely uncommon. Maybe that was one of the effects of studying at Mana, after all.

"Don't worry, Paris went through two World Wars... It will stay there a little bit longer if you wish to visit it. Well... Allow me to check my definition of fun... I actually ended up in a draw for the first place against a Japanese student, knocked out a Russian that apparently wanted to poison me unconscious and sent him back to Mother Russia with a few broken bones, and... Investigated your disappearance as well. Had to rally some help, but Lady Mercillia is always eager for a fight.

So... Yes. You can say that, in our way, we had some fun. It will be quite hard to explain it officially, it will be easier to tell ir to the future generations, but it's a good story anyway you look at it. So, how are you recovering? Physically and mentally, I mean."

"...Y-You...actually got people to look for me?" Having been unconscious and imprisoned through much of the ordeal in Paris, Ambrosia had no idea that people had created a search party, and had started an investigation, in order to search for her. The idea that people actually wanted to search for her shocked her. Being the youngest sister in her family, nobody ever really cared for her, or at least her life had felt that way. Now she was hearing that all of these people, who barely knew her and who had once been her enemies, had actually cared to look for her. Of course, there was no other explanation for how she managed to get back to the Academy, but the idea that people genuinely cared for her shocked her. "...Y-You...y-you all...actually...care about me?...After all I-I...did to you?" She shuddered, and she started to tear-up.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"...Y-You...actually got people to look for me?" Having been unconscious and imprisoned through much of the ordeal in Paris, Ambrosia had no idea that people had created a search party, and had started an investigation, in order to search for her. The idea that people actually wanted to search for her shocked her. Being the youngest sister in her family, nobody ever really cared for her, or at least her life had felt that way. Now she was hearing that all of these people, who barely knew her and who had once been her enemies, had actually cared to look for her. Of course, there was no other explanation for how she managed to get back to the Academy, but the idea that people genuinely cared for her shocked her. "...Y-You...y-you all...actually...care about me?...After all I-I...did to you?" She shuddered, and she started to tear-up.

Henry Von Kressel

With both hands behind his back, Henry kept his tone of voice with his usual calm. He seemed like a teacher explaining his subject, developing his narrative by parts. Taking the usual deep breath that gave him strength to explain the hardest and often unexplainable things, he started to talk.

"Well... I suspected it first. You, in Paris, isolated... Simply didn't match. When I spoke to Rabbit, he confirmed my suspicions by saying that he could sense your Mana. I asked for Catherine help, and when I asked Saturninus about Solaine and he told me that she was... Impersonating Madame Bourbon, it was a question of time.

With Catherine's sudden disappearance, I've managed to get a few people to help us in the invasion of the Lycee, the place you were being kept. Lady Mercillia Abendroth, along with Lord Aloysus Abendroth covered our venture against any interference from the Committee, the rest... You kind of saw it. We tricked her into believing that the army was without its... I hate to say this word, but I guess it is 'leader' and its bigger weapon, Aether.

So, yes, I actually got people to look for you. If my memory doesn't fail me here, I've promised that I would help you if you helped us. You've helped us, and although I couldn't stop you from contracting vampirism, you were kidnapped after all. I do have a word to keep, even if its value ends up lower than I expect.

I've explained it to Rabbit, Ambrosia, and I think you... Deserve to hear it as well. That day, when I fought Virgo, I looked at his eyes. It inhabited my nightmares for a long time, to see that burnt corpse being lift up by Lynefleur... And there was evil in it. There was the distinct wish to practice it, to do it, to enforce it inside his own philosophy. However, what I saw in yours... It was different. It was a distinct wish as well, but the one for... Attention.

Part of my upbringing covered stories of the families. Krypta, right? The ones who lost a little bit of power and influence for the use of... Illegal arts, I'd call them. So it wasn't hard to make a few assumptions.

First: Someone taught you that you would have to do anything for power. To return your family's prestige.
Second: Someone also told you that you weren't... Attractive. Sorry if I'm being rude here. So, the only way to be desired was to achieve power through any means.
Third: The way to get such power was presented to you through Lynefleur's plan. So in the hopes of getting your family's attention and affection, you ended up accepting it.

Am I wrong, Ambrosia?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse