NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:49 am

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

Allistor wiped his mouth first with a napkin before smiling at Midori. "I need some good food to start the day. We'll never know if this is going to drag until afternoon. It's not that Solaine's going to offer us a Big Mac while fighting her." When Katsuko appeared and proclaimed her support for Allistor's diet, he can't help but laugh at the girl's personality. It was quite heartwarming to see people like her in this time.

Allistor respectfully nodded as Rabbit said his greetings. "Good morning too, sir. I hope that you've gotten enough rest for this day?" Glacia slightly raised her head to look at the two students and then at Rabbit who she gave a curious flick of a tongue before going back to her meal. Allistor took a spicy chicken wing and munched on it, the red hot sauce smearing the sides of his lips. "It would be an honor to fight beside you again sir."

Rabbit nodded, and then blushed slightly as Allistor proclaimed that he was glad to be fighting alongside him. "...I will be glad to fight alongside you as well. I trust that all of us together will be strong enough to defeat her, and to take back our students, hm?" he suggested. He continually thought back to his night talking to Artosh, and how he did not want him to see him become violent. Yet Allistor had seen him fight before, and he had seen him kill at least once, in Soleil's defense. He comforted himself thinking that perhaps Allistor, or Henry, would not panic to see a darker side of him...yet the others...Shaun, the Japanese girls, even Henry...what would they think? This also made him glad at Aria and Soleil were not coming to fight. He could not stand the idea of either of them seeing what he truly was...and being afraid...

John and Cecily walked in moments later, though Cecily would be staying behind to protect the students. John would be going, however, in place of Artosh. Having seen quite a lot of violence in his life, he would mostly not be phased to see Rabbit acting strangely during the fight, as Artosh might. Cecily would, in the meantime, help to defend the students. She turned and stared at Rabbit, as John went to go get food. "...Please stay safe..." she whispered, suddenly feeling weak again. She always felt this way in front of Rabbit. For a moment, she wished she could meet him alone in a hallway and tell him everything. After all, what if something happened and he...no. She shook her head, loosening the idea from her mind.

"...Of course...I will be fine, Cecily. Please make sure Artosh and Ruta both get their rest, and do not let Artosh overwork himself," Rabbit instructed, cheerfully. He did not know why she was suddenly blushing, or why her voice had become so tiny. He only presumed that she was worried about his safety, as so appeared, and assuaged her concerns. Rabbit also remembered, now thinking of Soleil and Aria, that he would do well to say goodbye to either of them. He was not as worried about his own life, but it was always a good precaution. Before everyone was gathered, he decided to stand and to go speak to them.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:13 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Annice Null

Annice winced slightly at the high pitched screech flying past her head. "Really wish I had my helmet on for that. Wait, Hailey couldn't you have done something about that?"

Hailey let go of Kate, and took a step to the side so she wasn't leaning on the redhead any more. "Maybe, but I figured it would get you two in gear. I'm huuuuuungry."

"Bah, fine. Guess you have a point. Plus I need to help Henry make sure no body get's killed. Hey, and even if you might think we're just leaving you behind Kate, I'm glad that we have some one as fierce as you staying behind. If who ever it is that we're going against decides to attack us where we are not ready, you'll be there to stop them. And keep an eye on the others that are staying behind." With leaving her words of encoragement behind, Annice wandered down the halls, moving far more naturally that one would think possible wearing that much metal. As Annice walked away, Hailey tugged on Kate's hand to follow her.
Katelyn smiled thoughtfully at that, and then realized that the longer she waited, the less food there would be for her.

Accordingly, she and her group found themselves in the cafeteria within the next two minutes. She wanted food.

Her teeth clenched when she realized that some people were staring at her--that black-haired Japanese girl, for one, and Hikari--what on earth had the girl done with herself?--but she just leveled a scowl at them and then proceeded to get breakfast. Food was more important than them anyway.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:24 am

Luminesa wrote:Midori walked into the room first, out of her Japanese classmates. She was dressed in her more-fancy outfit-a white blouse, brown corset, yellow skirt, brown boots, and a brown feathered hat, which gave her a vintage, Western look, with a hint of steampunk. As gentle as she usually was, today she meant business. The head of the tournament had put her friends in danger and had kidnapped a student. She would certainly pay for it.

When she first walked into the cafeteria, she stared at the huge plates of food that Allistor was eating. Her eyes widened. "...Ahhhh, Allistor...you don't need to overeat before a big fight. After all, your stomach might cramp during a battle," she suggested.

"Are you kidding me?!" Katsuko hopped from behind her, fully-dressed as well. She stared at the huge amounts of food on Allistor's table, and then grabbed an equal amount from the bar, plus two cups of coffee. "THIS IS IT KIDDIES!!! 'TONIGHT, WE DINE...IN HELL'!!!" she shouted, of course in her normal over-the-top fashion, while quoting some favorite war movie of hers.

"...I certainly hope not..." Midori mumbled, watching the twinkle in her eye with a slight bit of concern.

Rabbit walked in after them, having also heard Natalie shouting for everyone to go to the cafeteria. He had giggled at the sight of Natalie riding Fawkes, and for a moment he became less serious. Yet as he entered this room again, and went to wait for the rest of the students and teachers, he became serious again. He sat near Allistor, and nodded to him. "Good morning," he spoke quietly.

Henry Von Kressel

"Well Hikari, I'll be going to the cafeteria then. Hope to meet you there."

With that, Henry departed at a quick pace: With Natalie's screams, everyone interested in the mission would certainly notice that it was time for them to show up with the urgency implicit to the loudness of her screams.

The sight of Allistor's gigantic amounts of food always made him thought about how his friend managed to remain fit. As always, Katsuko was shouting, the voice of happiness and realization towards a bloody battle. Midori remained with a certain elegance and worry that seemed to be natural to her.

"I think we might just be dining here, or in any restaurant in this fine city, Ms... Katsuko. Good to see your enthusiasm. Please, don't worry towards Allistor's habit of eating for a whole adult family, it's quite common. Always good to see you as well, Midori. And I hope you are alright today, Rabbit."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:28 am

Charlia wrote:
Chrome Legion wrote:Annice Null

Annice winced slightly at the high pitched screech flying past her head. "Really wish I had my helmet on for that. Wait, Hailey couldn't you have done something about that?"

Hailey let go of Kate, and took a step to the side so she wasn't leaning on the redhead any more. "Maybe, but I figured it would get you two in gear. I'm huuuuuungry."

"Bah, fine. Guess you have a point. Plus I need to help Henry make sure no body get's killed. Hey, and even if you might think we're just leaving you behind Kate, I'm glad that we have some one as fierce as you staying behind. If who ever it is that we're going against decides to attack us where we are not ready, you'll be there to stop them. And keep an eye on the others that are staying behind." With leaving her words of encoragement behind, Annice wandered down the halls, moving far more naturally that one would think possible wearing that much metal. As Annice walked away, Hailey tugged on Kate's hand to follow her.
Katelyn smiled thoughtfully at that, and then realized that the longer she waited, the less food there would be for her.

Accordingly, she and her group found themselves in the cafeteria within the next two minutes. She wanted food.

Her teeth clenched when she realized that some people were staring at her--that black-haired Japanese girl, for one, and Hikari--what on earth had the girl done with herself?--but she just leveled a scowl at them and then proceeded to get breakfast. Food was more important than them anyway.

Rabbit passed Katelyn on the way out of the cafeteria. He mumbled very softly, "Good morning," knowing that regardless of what he said, she would attack him for it. He also smiled at Henry as he walked past him into the cafeteria, and laughed softly at his mention of Allistor's eating habits. As someone who hardly ate at all, he could not imagine eating as much food as he did. "...It is quite amazing, is it not? Nobody quite knows what happens to it after it disappears, after all," he commented, as he walked past. He continued walking, remaining silent as he looked for Soleil's room. He honestly hoped Katelyn was not coming on the mission, as she hated him and might put herself and others in a precarious position. They would have to be careful, if they wanted to defeat Solaine Rise, after all. Or at least they would have to be careful until the time came to take her down.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:33 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Katelyn smiled thoughtfully at that, and then realized that the longer she waited, the less food there would be for her.

Rabbit passed Katelyn on the way out of the cafeteria. He mumbled very softly, "Good morning," knowing that regardless of what he said, she would attack him for it. He continued walking, remaining silent as he looked for Soleil's room. He honestly hoped Katelyn was not coming on the mission, as she hated him and might put herself and others in a precarious position. They would have to be careful, if they wanted to defeat Solaine Rise, after all. Or at least they would have to be careful until the time came to take her down. He also smiled at Henry as he walked past him into the cafeteria, and laughed softly at his mention of Allistor's eating habits. As someone who hardly ate at all, he could not imagine eating as much food as he did. "...It is quite amazing, is it not? Nobody quite knows what happens to it after it disappears, after all," he commented, as he walked past.
"Hey, wait a second!"

Katelyn put her breakfast down quickly and grabbed Rabbit's arm.

"Where the heck do you think you're going, huh? Not abandoning the mission, are you? Coward as well as a demon?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:40 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit passed Katelyn on the way out of the cafeteria. He mumbled very softly, "Good morning," knowing that regardless of what he said, she would attack him for it. He continued walking, remaining silent as he looked for Soleil's room. He honestly hoped Katelyn was not coming on the mission, as she hated him and might put herself and others in a precarious position. They would have to be careful, if they wanted to defeat Solaine Rise, after all. Or at least they would have to be careful until the time came to take her down. He also smiled at Henry as he walked past him into the cafeteria, and laughed softly at his mention of Allistor's eating habits. As someone who hardly ate at all, he could not imagine eating as much food as he did. "...It is quite amazing, is it not? Nobody quite knows what happens to it after it disappears, after all," he commented, as he walked past.
"Hey, wait a second!"

"Where the heck do you think you're going, huh? Not abandoning the mission, are you? Coward as well as a demon?"

Rabbit turned to her and sighed softly. "I'm not abandoning anything, dear. I'm only going to tell some of the other students goodbye, since they are not going on the mission. I will return shortly, so we can begin to make plans for the mission," he answered calmly.

John hurried over and glared down at Katelyn. He did not appreciate her behavior in the slightest, despite being the only teacher besides Ruta who was not present when Katelyn had called Rabbit a 'demon', outside of the Lycee's garden. "You will let go your teacher immediately, do you understand? This is not how you treat a professor. Let go, or there will be consequences," he ordered roughly.

"John, it is alright. I-"

"No this is not alright! She is a student, and she is going to be disciplined! And she will be disciplined properly! Let go, Katelyn," he ordered, refusing Rabbit's request. He did not understand how he could be so soft toward this girl's misconduct. Had he done such to his professors in school, he would have been skinned alive in front of everyone. "I repeat. If you do not let go, I will make sure you are punished for it. And you do not call your teacher a 'demon' or a 'coward', not when he has actually fought Dark Mages in the past."
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:45 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Hey, wait a second!"

Rabbit turned to her and sighed softly. "I'm not abandoning anything, dear. I'm only going to tell some of the other students goodbye, since they are not going on the mission. I will return shortly, so we can begin to make plans for the mission," he answered calmly.

John hurried over and glared down at Katelyn. He did not appreciate her behavior in the slightest, despite being the only teacher besides Ruta who was not present when Katelyn had called Rabbit a 'demon', outside of the Lycee's garden. "You will let go your teacher immediately, do you understand? This is not how you treat a professor. Let go, or there will be consequences," he ordered roughly.

"No this is not alright! She is a student, and she is going to be disciplined! And she will be disciplined properly! Let go, Katelyn," he ordered, refusing Rabbit's request. He did not understand how he could be so soft toward this girl's misconduct. Had he done such to his professors in school, he would have been skinned alive in front of everyone. "I repeat. If you do not let go, I will make sure you are punished for it. And you do not call your teacher a 'demon' or a 'coward', not when he has actually fought Dark Mages in the past."
"No." Katelyn said sharply, to both of them. "You're not going anywhere by yourself. I don't trust you alone with any of the students, especially that little sick kid. Heck, he was doing something with you when he got like that, wasn't he? Out after curfew with the rabbit, comes back like a broken doll? I'm not surprised. No, you're not going to talk to them. You're not going to leave. You're going to stay right here, where all of us can keep an eye on you. And don't think you and your lackey can scare me or fool me with your whole good-bad routine. Trying to act all softhearted and sweet isn't going to do anything for you. I've seen your blood, we all have, and we've all heard you confess. And once you've admitted to what you really are, well, you don't have any more excuses to give."

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit turned to her and sighed softly. "I'm not abandoning anything, dear. I'm only going to tell some of the other students goodbye, since they are not going on the mission. I will return shortly, so we can begin to make plans for the mission," he answered calmly.

"No." Katelyn said sharply, to both of them. "You're not going anywhere by yourself. I don't trust you alone with any of the students, especially that little sick kid. Heck, he was doing something with you when he got like that, wasn't he? Out after curfew with the rabbit, comes back like a broken doll? I'm not surprised. No, you're not going to talk to them. You're not going to leave. You're going to stay right here, where all of us can keep an eye on you. And don't think you and your lackey can scare me or fool me with your whole good-bad routine. Trying to act all softhearted and sweet isn't going to do anything for you. I've seen your blood, we all have, and we've all heard you confess. And once you've admitted to what you really are, well, you don't have any more excuses to give."

Henry Von Kressel

Now that was enough. And for the people that knew him for longer time, that would meant a lot. He raised his voice.

"NOW THAT'S ENOUGH! THAT IS THE LAST THING I'LL HAVE TO ENDURE OF YOUR PARANOIA TOWARDS RABBIT! SOLEIL WAS ATTACKED, AND RABBIT DEFENDED HIM! NOW, RABBIT IS GOING WHEREVER HE WANTS TO GO, AND IF I HAVE TO CALL A WHOLE ARMY OF ALLIED HOUSES TO DO IT, I WILL!

YOU SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY OF UNDERSTANDING THAT PERSONAL DISTRUST IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE SETTLED RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW."

Incredibly, Henry's voice didn't tremble and German words didn't appear among it. It might have shown some lack of control? Yes. Did he care? No. Rabbit could deal with it normally, but Henry couldn't. This had to stop, at least until they all returned to Mana.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:58 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Charlia wrote:"No." Katelyn said sharply, to both of them. "You're not going anywhere by yourself. I don't trust you alone with any of the students, especially that little sick kid. Heck, he was doing something with you when he got like that, wasn't he? Out after curfew with the rabbit, comes back like a broken doll? I'm not surprised. No, you're not going to talk to them. You're not going to leave. You're going to stay right here, where all of us can keep an eye on you. And don't think you and your lackey can scare me or fool me with your whole good-bad routine. Trying to act all softhearted and sweet isn't going to do anything for you. I've seen your blood, we all have, and we've all heard you confess. And once you've admitted to what you really are, well, you don't have any more excuses to give."

Henry Von Kressel

Now that was enough. And for the people that knew him for longer time, that would meant a lot. He raised his voice.

"NOW THAT'S ENOUGH! THAT IS THE LAST THING I'LL HAVE TO ENDURE OF YOUR PARANOIA TOWARDS RABBIT! SOLEIL WAS ATTACKED, AND RABBIT DEFENDED HIM! NOW, RABBIT IS GOING WHEREVER HE WANTS TO GO, AND IF I HAVE TO CALL A WHOLE ARMY OF ALLIED HOUSES TO DO IT, I WILL!

YOU SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY OF UNDERSTANDING THAT PERSONAL DISTRUST IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE SETTLED RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW."

Incredibly, Henry's voice didn't tremble and German words didn't appear among it. It might have shown some lack of control? Yes. Did he care? No. Rabbit could deal with it normally, but Henry couldn't. This had to stop, at least until they all returned to Mana.
Katelyn's right eye twitched, and she lowered her own voice to a snarl.

"Oh, shut up, Henry," she growled. "Your precious Rabbit already admitted that he's a creature of darkness. Don't be so naive. You were there. You know the truth perfectly well. And besides, if Rabbit supposedly 'defended' Soleil, then how come the poor little boy's turned out like this? Doesn't sound like 'defense' to me. I'm trying to save your worthless hide, but if you want to die horribly or get turned into some brainwashed little slave like he tried with me--unless you already have been--then just keep shouting. I don't care. I'll save all of you from your own stupidity, just watch me. I don't care if you all hate me. I'm not going to let something like this continue."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:07 am

Charlia wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"Oh, shut up, Henry," she growled. "Your precious Rabbit already admitted that he's a creature of darkness. Don't be so naive. You were there. You know the truth perfectly well. And besides, if Rabbit supposedly 'defended' Soleil, then how come the poor little boy's turned out like this? Doesn't sound like 'defense' to me. I'm trying to save your worthless hide, but if you want to die horribly or get turned into some brainwashed little slave like he tried with me--unless you already have been--then just keep shouting. I don't care. I'll save all of you from your own stupidity, just watch me. I don't care if you all hate me. I'm not going to let something like this continue."

This pierced Rabbit. She has called him a demon, and that meant nothing to him. Yet now she thought he had attacked Soleil? That he had lured the boy out of the hotel and had brutalized him on the far side of town? He pulled his arm harshly out of her grip, and he whirled around to face her. "Soleil rushed out of his own volition, he went to find Professor Ruta, and he was attacked by Dark Mages. Professor Ruta, Henry, Allistor, Tsukiyomi-hakase, Professor Quartz, and I all protected him and brought him home.

Henry was there and knows the truth of what happened, and you do not. You may ask Soleil himself what happened, if you will not accept our testimony, but I will not stand for this. Did I attack you when you struck me with your spear? Not in the slightest. I would never attack a student, unless force was absolutely necessary. Even against you I did not fight. Now you will let me pass," he ordered. He then turned and walked in the other direction, coldly, and toward Soleil's room.

John, in the meantime, grabbed Katelyn's shoulder and held her back. "Soleil only survived his wounds on the scene, because the professor you so eagerly attack tended to his wounds. He should not have made it back in one piece. I will not allow this to continue. Come with me, or I will use force," he ordered.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:10 am

Charlia wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Henry Von Kressel

"Mana overuse. That's how Soleil got where he is right now. I was there, Allistor also was there, Tsukuyomi as well if I recall correctly. You want to know how Soleil got into his state? I'll tell you."

He walked closer to Katelyn, staring deeply into her eyes, until he was almost able to see his reflection in her eyes.

"Jaegar hunters. Know what they are? They hunt, in packs, those who are or were affiliated to Jaegers. And if you got the courage to hunt a Jaeger, you must have the skill to back it up. Know what this means? That if Rabbit wasn't there to save Soleil when he slipped away from the hotel to search for Ruta, there wouldn't be a Soleil for you to supposedly defend. And it would be a lesser point for your conspiracy that appoints Rabbit as the one to blame for everything negative that happens around here.

Stupidity? This argument is so futile that I won't even get to discuss it. Impressively, every single point that you bring up against Rabbit doesn't make the smallest sense when examined by someone that is sane."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Charlia wrote:Katelyn's right eye twitched, and she lowered her own voice to a snarl.

Henry Von Kressel

"Mana overuse. That's how Soleil got where he is right now. I was there, Allistor also was there, Tsukuyomi as well if I recall correctly. You want to know how Soleil got into his state? I'll tell you."

He walked closer to Katelyn, staring deeply into her eyes, until he was almost able to see his reflection in her eyes.

"Jaegar hunters. Know what they are? They hunt, in packs, those who are or were affiliated to Jaegers. And if you got the courage to hunt a Jaeger, you must have the skill to back it up. Know what this means? That if Rabbit wasn't there to save Soleil when he slipped away from the hotel to search for Ruta, there wouldn't be a Soleil for you to supposedly defend. And it would be a lesser point for your conspiracy that appoints Rabbit as the one to blame for everything negative that happens around here.

Stupidity? This argument is so futile that I won't even get to discuss it. Impressively, every single point that you bring up against Rabbit doesn't make the smallest sense when examined by someone that is sane."

"That's enough, Henry. I understand you're angry, but this is not your place. Stay with the other kids. I can handle her," John ordered, giving Henry an understanding look as he tapped his shoulder with his free hand. He knew that Henry was close to Rabbit, and that he was as emotional as he was because he trusted his teacher immensely. Many other students felt the same way, and even he trusted Rabbit with his life. How Katelyn could be so blatantly disrespectful was beyond him. She seemed to only be interested in fighting and in causing trouble for others. She may truly be detrimental to this mission. Perhaps it would be best if she was left behind with Ruta...He might actually be able to control her... he thought.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:19 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Charlia wrote:Katelyn's right eye twitched, and she lowered her own voice to a snarl.

Henry Von Kressel

Katelyn scowled at Henry, not even responding. John's grip on her was tight, and it actually hurt a little, pressing against old scars and making a burning sensation shoot through her skin. No longer able to go after Rabbit, she just glared.

Then she felt pain.

She looked down, and saw that she'd been absentmindedly scratching her wrist again--but with such a frenzy that she had, indeed, broken the skin. Her eyes widened, and she covered her mouth in shock, feeling her stomach churn as she saw something. Something small and black. About the size of a grain of rice... inside her wound.

...But there were more...

Katelyn closed her eyes and screamed.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"That's enough, Henry. I understand you're angry, but this is not your place. Stay with the other kids. I can handle her," John ordered, giving Henry an understanding look as he tapped his shoulder with his free hand. He knew that Henry was close to Rabbit, and that he was as emotional as he was because he trusted his teacher immensely. Many other students felt the same way, and even he trusted Rabbit with his life. How Katelyn could be so blatantly disrespectful was beyond him. She seemed to only be interested in fighting and in causing trouble for others. She may truly be detrimental to this mission. Perhaps it would be best if she was left behind with Ruta...He might actually be able to control her... he thought.

Henry Von Kressel

Closing his eyes, taking a deep breath, and remembering every piece of the philosophy that taught him about the control he needed, with his element and with his life. Understanding what his teacher wanted of him, he left without saying a word, and returning to the rest of the people.

Henry sat opposite to Allistor, closing his eyes and entering a thoughtful state, where he was able to regain his calm and the clearness of his thoughts regarding his analysis of the situation.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:30 am

Charlia wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Katelyn scowled at Henry, not even responding. John's grip on her was tight, and it actually hurt a little, pressing against old scars and making a burning sensation shoot through her skin. No longer able to go after Rabbit, she just glared.

Then she felt pain.

She looked down, and saw that she'd been absentmindedly scratching her wrist again--but with such a frenzy that she had, indeed, broken the skin. Her eyes widened, and she covered her mouth in shock, feeling her stomach churn as she saw something. Something small and black. About the size of a grain of rice... inside her wound.

"Katelyn! Katelyn calm down! What is...what?" John stared down at the wound. Nothing there seemed to be out of the ordinary. It looked like a typical scrape. Perhaps he had held her wrist too tightly. "...Katelyn, stop. Stop. Stop! If you make a fuss, the bleeding will spread!" he exclaimed. He then began to work on the slight wound, not knowing at all what the fuss was about. "...Katelyn...come on, stop this...It's just a scrape. Watch, I'm going to remove it," he muttered. He summoned his Mana, and he pulled the "dirt" out of the wound. He then let go of her, once the wound was clean. "There. Is that better?" he questioned. He then turned to Henry, as if to say, She should not be allowed on this mission.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:44 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Katelyn scowled at Henry, not even responding. John's grip on her was tight, and it actually hurt a little, pressing against old scars and making a burning sensation shoot through her skin. No longer able to go after Rabbit, she just glared.

Then she felt pain.

"Katelyn! Katelyn calm down! What is...what?" John stared down at the wound. Nothing there seemed to be out of the ordinary. It looked like a typical scrape. Perhaps he had held her wrist too tightly. "...Katelyn, stop. Stop. Stop! If you make a fuss, the bleeding will spread!" he exclaimed. He then began to work on the slight wound, not knowing at all what the fuss was about. "...Katelyn...come on, stop this...It's just a scrape. Watch, I'm going to remove it," he muttered. He summoned his Mana, and he pulled the "dirt" out of the wound. He then let go of her, once the wound was clean. "There. Is that better?" he questioned. He then turned to Henry, as if to say, She should not be allowed on this mission.
The things fell out as John continued his work, at least, so it seemed to Katelyn. Gasping, she looked up, her eyes wild and scared.

"What was that? WHAT WAS THAT?! Why were they in my blood? Why?! What's happening to me?" Tears welled in her eyes, and she started shuddering, whimpering, "I'm scared... I... Am I... going to die? I don't want to die... I don't want to... I want to live... I want to live..."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:47 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Katelyn! Katelyn calm down! What is...what?" John stared down at the wound. Nothing there seemed to be out of the ordinary. It looked like a typical scrape. Perhaps he had held her wrist too tightly. "...Katelyn, stop. Stop. Stop! If you make a fuss, the bleeding will spread!" he exclaimed. He then began to work on the slight wound, not knowing at all what the fuss was about. "...Katelyn...come on, stop this...It's just a scrape. Watch, I'm going to remove it," he muttered. He summoned his Mana, and he pulled the "dirt" out of the wound. He then let go of her, once the wound was clean. "There. Is that better?" he questioned. He then turned to Henry, as if to say, She should not be allowed on this mission.
The things fell out as John continued his work, at least, so it seemed to Katelyn. Gasping, she looked up, her eyes wild and scared.

"What was that? WHAT WAS THAT?! Why were they in my blood? Why?! What's happening to me?" Tears welled in her eyes, and she started shuddering, whimpering, "I'm scared... I... Am I... going to die? I don't want to die... I don't want to... I want to live... I want to live..."

"...You're going to live, Katelyn. You're going to live. Nobody here wants to hurt you, Katelyn. Nobody. Now please, I'm going to bring you to your room, and someone will bring you breakfast. You need to rest, and to not get up unless it is absolutely necessary. Come on. Let's head to your room," John said, with a sigh. He then took her by the shoulder, and he began to usher her toward her room. After all, she could not fight if she was constantly scared of maggots and whatnot crawling in her blood. She would die, in an actual fight. John was convinced of this now.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:53 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:The things fell out as John continued his work, at least, so it seemed to Katelyn. Gasping, she looked up, her eyes wild and scared.

"...You're going to live, Katelyn. You're going to live. Nobody here wants to hurt you, Katelyn. Nobody. Now please, I'm going to bring you to your room, and someone will bring you breakfast. You need to rest, and to not get up unless it is absolutely necessary. Come on. Let's head to your room," John said, with a sigh. He then took her by the shoulder, and he began to usher her toward her room. After all, she could not fight if she was constantly scared of maggots and whatnot crawling in her blood. She would die, in an actual fight. John was convinced of this now.
Katelyn slumped, defeated, against the doctor, who started pulling her to her room. She almost fought, but he did say that someone would at least bring her some breakfast. Not going to the infirmary? she thought dizzily. But... there were those awful things inside me... Why... am I not...

Oh... They're not going to actually take care of me, are they? They're going to leave me in my room until I'm dead... Because they hate me, they all hate me... I don't care anymore... I... I'm tired...

...maybe they're right to hate me...

...where's Professor Ruta? I... I wish he was here... He'd make me feel better...

...I'm so tired.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:24 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...You're going to live, Katelyn. You're going to live. Nobody here wants to hurt you, Katelyn. Nobody. Now please, I'm going to bring you to your room, and someone will bring you breakfast. You need to rest, and to not get up unless it is absolutely necessary. Come on. Let's head to your room," John said, with a sigh. He then took her by the shoulder, and he began to usher her toward her room. After all, she could not fight if she was constantly scared of maggots and whatnot crawling in her blood. She would die, in an actual fight. John was convinced of this now.
Katelyn slumped, defeated, against the doctor, who started pulling her to her room. She almost fought, but he did say that someone would at least bring her some breakfast. Not going to the infirmary? she thought dizzily. But... there were those awful things inside me... Why... am I not...

Oh... They're not going to actually take care of me, are they? They're going to leave me in my room until I'm dead... Because they hate me, they all hate me... I don't care anymore... I... I'm tired...

...where's Professor Ruta? I... I wish he was here... He'd make me feel better...

...I'm so tired.

John carried her to her room, when she started leaning against him, and then he put her gently in the bed. "...Ugh, this trip is becoming a nightmare...and I thought my first week in boot camp was a pain..." he muttered, running a hand through his hair. He covered her, and he went and got a towel from the bathroom. He wet it and placed it on her forehead. "...Now you need to sleep. I'm not going to be here, but Artosh, Ruta, and Cecily will be here. You call them if you need them, okay? Hailey's also here, too. She can stay back and take care of you. You rest and don't worry. We'll all be back by the afternoon," he assured her, calmly, "Now...do you want me to bring you anything? Water? Food? Extra blanket?"
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Katelyn slumped, defeated, against the doctor, who started pulling her to her room. She almost fought, but he did say that someone would at least bring her some breakfast. Not going to the infirmary? she thought dizzily. But... there were those awful things inside me... Why... am I not...

...I'm so tired.

John carried her to her room, when she started leaning against him, and then he put her gently in the bed. "...Ugh, this trip is becoming a nightmare...and I thought my first week in boot camp was a pain..." he muttered, running a hand through his hair. He covered her, and he went and got a towel from the bathroom. He wet it and placed it on her forehead. "...Now you need to sleep. I'm not going to be here, but Artosh, Ruta, and Cecily will be here. You call them if you need them, okay? Hailey's also here, too. She can stay back and take care of you. You rest and don't worry. We'll all be back by the afternoon," he assured her, calmly, "Now...do you want me to bring you anything? Water? Food? Extra blanket?"
"...Don't... let Rabbit hurt anyone," Katelyn pleaded. "No one believes me... but I know... what he tried to do to me... Please don't let him hurt anyone else..."

She shivered, clutching the blankets tightly.

"...Didn't get to eat breakfast," she mumbled. "But I'm really hungry... Can I have something to eat? Please?"

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Hailey Winters

Hailey could understand the others loyalty to Rabbit, but she couldn't stand by how they had treated Kate. Couldn't they see that Kate wasn't doing any of this out of malice, but genuine concern? They couldn't have handled the situation worse, berating her incessantly with out even trying to hear her out, or understand her thoughts. And now that had predictable results, they had pushed Kate to another break down. Hailey finally spoke, her voice carrying more power and weight than expected from her feminine appearance and usually calm demeanor. She made sure that Henry who had already wandered off.

"What the fuck do you guys think you're doing? Look at what happened. Could you all have been less aware? Kate's clearly not doing well, she spent her entire childhood being called a demon, and practically being tortured for it. Now that she finds out those things are not only real, but all around her, of course she's not going to take it well. And just telling her to shut up and go away is the worse thing to do. If you want her to have the same love and respect for Rabbit you do, then show her why. Don't sit there form on high and just expect her to obey your almighty commands. Take a hint from Rabbit himself, let her see what he's really like, instead of just hoping you can yell her into submission."

Annice spoke up afterwards, adding her weight to what Hailey had said. "Also, don't be so quick to be little what she's saying. Look, Rabbit's treated me nothing but good will and understanding since I got here, but I still look at him with a guarded suspicion. The same goes for all of you. We live in a dangerous world. Maybe Kate took things to far, but she could just as well be proven right. I've had to learn that no one can be above suspicion. Maybe that's paranoid, but a mild paranoia will serve you all well."
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Hailey Winters

Hailey could understand the others loyalty to Rabbit, but she couldn't stand by how they had treated Kate. Couldn't they see that Kate wasn't doing any of this out of malice, but genuine concern? They couldn't have handled the situation worse, berating her incessantly with out even trying to hear her out, or understand her thoughts. And now that had predictable results, they had pushed Kate to another break down. Hailey finally spoke, her voice carrying more power and weight than expected from her feminine appearance and usually calm demeanor. She made sure that Henry who had already wandered off.

"What the fuck do you guys think you're doing? Look at what happened. Could you all have been less aware? Kate's clearly not doing well, she spent her entire childhood being called a demon, and practically being tortured for it. Now that she finds out those things are not only real, but all around her, of course she's not going to take it well. And just telling her to shut up and go away is the worse thing to do. If you want her to have the same love and respect for Rabbit you do, then show her why. Don't sit there form on high and just expect her to obey your almighty commands. Take a hint from Rabbit himself, let her see what he's really like, instead of just hoping you can yell her into submission."

Annice spoke up afterwards, adding her weight to what Hailey had said. "Also, don't be so quick to be little what she's saying. Look, Rabbit, you've treated me nothing but well and understanding since I got here, but I still look at you with a guarded suspicion. The same goes for all of you. We live in a dangerous world. Maybe Kate took things to far, but she could just as well be proven right. I've had to learn that no one can be above suspicion. Maybe that's paranoid, but a mild paranoia will serve you all well."

Midori sighed and shook her head. The entire situation was a mess. Katelyn hated and mistrusted essentially everyone at her school, people who, at least for most of the tournament, had been civil with her. At the same time, everyone's backlash against her was not helping. It was two sides pushing against a pull-door. No wonder Rabbit had asked for everyone to let her be. Nobody could get anywhere with her. Yet even now, she wondered what was wrong with the girl. She was almost-no, she was hysterical. A little paranoia was to be expected at this tournament, with all of the people who seemed to be against each other, but this was full-blown insanity. She had no idea what to say, however. This was not her teacher, and these were not her classmates. She could really only stand by and watch.

Rabbit, in the meantime, stood outside of Soleil's room, and knocked. "...Hello? Soleil? Are you awake?" he inquired, worried for him. He had not seen him almost at all, in the last two days, since they had been so busy with the last round of the tournament, and also Katelyn's witch-hunt. The stress continued to drag at his ankles and wrists like chains, and he wondered if he would ever be free of it. Perhaps once this tournament was over, some of those chains would fall.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:John carried her to her room, when she started leaning against him, and then he put her gently in the bed. "...Ugh, this trip is becoming a nightmare...and I thought my first week in boot camp was a pain..." he muttered, running a hand through his hair. He covered her, and he went and got a towel from the bathroom. He wet it and placed it on her forehead. "...Now you need to sleep. I'm not going to be here, but Artosh, Ruta, and Cecily will be here. You call them if you need them, okay? Hailey's also here, too. She can stay back and take care of you. You rest and don't worry. We'll all be back by the afternoon," he assured her, calmly, "Now...do you want me to bring you anything? Water? Food? Extra blanket?"
"...Don't... let Rabbit hurt anyone," Katelyn pleaded. "No one believes me... but I know... what he tried to do to me... Please don't let him hurt anyone else..."

"...Didn't get to eat breakfast," she mumbled. "But I'm really hungry... Can I have something to eat? Please?"

John sighed deeper than the Seine River, and then he sat down on the bed next to her. She had continually spoken of something Rabbit had done to her, but she had not said what it was. Even now, she seemed to be in a half fever-fit, unable to speak clearly and coherently. Yet he needed to know exactly what she was thinking. "...Alright. Tell me what Rabbit did to you. Exactly. We cannot help you if we do not know what's wrong, and I do not know what's wrong. I literally just got back here last night, when all of you got home from the tournament, and I walked into the cafeteria and I saw the fuss in there. I have absolutely no idea of anything that has happened. So. If I bring you food, will you tell me what you saw? Will that help? Maybe after you have something in your stomach you'll feel better," he explained, thoughtfully.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"...Don't... let Rabbit hurt anyone," Katelyn pleaded. "No one believes me... but I know... what he tried to do to me... Please don't let him hurt anyone else..."

John sighed deeper than the Seine River, and then he sat down on the bed next to her. She had continually spoken of something Rabbit had done to her, but she had not said what it was. Even now, she seemed to be in a half fever-fit, unable to speak clearly and coherently. Yet he needed to know exactly what she was thinking. "...Alright. Tell me what Rabbit did to you. Exactly. We cannot help you if we do not know what's wrong, and I do not know what's wrong. I literally just got back here last night, when all of you got home from the tournament, and I walked into the cafeteria and I saw the fuss in there. I have absolutely no idea of anything that has happened. So. If I bring you food, will you tell me what you saw? Will that help? Maybe after you have something in your stomach you'll feel better," he explained, thoughtfully.
"...Okay," Katelyn responded, her eyes lighting up a little at the thought that he might have been starting to believe her. "I can do that... but can you bring me food first? I'm hungry... and I can talk just fine while I'm eating."
Luminesa wrote:
Chrome Legion wrote:Hailey Winters

Annice spoke up afterwards, adding her weight to what Hailey had said. "Also, don't be so quick to be little what she's saying. Look, Rabbit, you've treated me nothing but well and understanding since I got here, but I still look at you with a guarded suspicion. The same goes for all of you. We live in a dangerous world. Maybe Kate took things to far, but she could just as well be proven right. I've had to learn that no one can be above suspicion. Maybe that's paranoid, but a mild paranoia will serve you all well."

Midori sighed and shook her head. The entire situation was a mess. Katelyn hated and mistrusted essentially everyone at her school, people who, at least for most of the tournament, had been civil with her. At the same time, everyone's backlash against her was not helping. It was two sides pushing against a pull-door. No wonder Rabbit had asked for everyone to let her be. Nobody could get anywhere with her. Yet even now, she wondered what was wrong with the girl. She was almost-no, she was hysterical. A little paranoia was to be expected at this tournament, with all of the people who seemed to be against each other, but this was full-blown insanity. She had no idea what to say, however. This was not her teacher, and these were not her classmates. She could really only stand by and watch.
"...I don't like her," Sadako said quietly, frowning. "She's a total psycho. And I thought Akuma-san was bad... If she kills us all, I'm going to be the first to come back as a ghost and say 'I told you so'."

"I don't know," Himiko replied, equally softly. "Something's wrong with this place, I'm sure of it. I saw something earlier... something awful. But no one else seemed to. Maybe, whatever's going on, it's affecting her."

"Or maybe you're both losing it," Sadako responded with a chuckle. "I'm kidding. You're not that bad. Please don't ever end up that bad. It's hard enough to try and find you a psychologist without you going full-on insane."

Himiko managed a small smile, although it was slightly bitter. Sadako's words, though the blunette didn't know it, hit far too close to home...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:John sighed deeper than the Seine River, and then he sat down on the bed next to her. She had continually spoken of something Rabbit had done to her, but she had not said what it was. Even now, she seemed to be in a half fever-fit, unable to speak clearly and coherently. Yet he needed to know exactly what she was thinking. "...Alright. Tell me what Rabbit did to you. Exactly. We cannot help you if we do not know what's wrong, and I do not know what's wrong. I literally just got back here last night, when all of you got home from the tournament, and I walked into the cafeteria and I saw the fuss in there. I have absolutely no idea of anything that has happened. So. If I bring you food, will you tell me what you saw? Will that help? Maybe after you have something in your stomach you'll feel better," he explained, thoughtfully.
"...Okay," Katelyn responded, her eyes lighting up a little at the thought that he might have been starting to believe her. "I can do that... but can you bring me food first? I'm hungry... and I can talk just fine while I'm eating."
Luminesa wrote:Midori sighed and shook her head. The entire situation was a mess. Katelyn hated and mistrusted essentially everyone at her school, people who, at least for most of the tournament, had been civil with her. At the same time, everyone's backlash against her was not helping. It was two sides pushing against a pull-door. No wonder Rabbit had asked for everyone to let her be. Nobody could get anywhere with her. Yet even now, she wondered what was wrong with the girl. She was almost-no, she was hysterical. A little paranoia was to be expected at this tournament, with all of the people who seemed to be against each other, but this was full-blown insanity. She had no idea what to say, however. This was not her teacher, and these were not her classmates. She could really only stand by and watch.
"...I don't like her," Sadako said quietly, frowning. "She's a total psycho. And I thought Akuma-san was bad... If she kills us all, I'm going to be the first to come back as a ghost and say 'I told you so'."

"I don't know," Himiko replied, equally softly. "Something's wrong with this place, I'm sure of it. I saw something earlier... something awful. But no one else seemed to. Maybe, whatever's going on, it's affecting her."

"Or maybe you're both losing it," Sadako responded with a chuckle. "I'm kidding. You're not that bad. Please don't ever end up that bad. It's hard enough to try and find you a psychologist without you going full-on insane."

Himiko managed a small smile, although it was slightly bitter. Sadako's words, though the blunette didn't know it, hit far too close to home...

"You two, please stop. You're not helping the situation. She is in a lot of distress, and we need to be patient with her. We were wrong to be so sharp with her, when she is obviously very distrustful of her surroundings. It's not fair to simple ostracize her, because she is afraid of a teacher. There needs to be constructive conversation between them, so they can solve the problem," Midori suggested.

John walked by as the girls were talking, and he grabbed a large platter of food. He nodded to Hailey, as he saw her in the room, and he nodded for her to follow him. He then took the food and went back to Katelyn's room. When he arrived, he placed the platter on her bed. Ham and eggs, a couple of croissants, a strawberry crepe, and some coffee. He put the cup on the nightstand next to her and smiled. "There. Eat up, and then we'll talk. 'Kay?" he suggested.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse