NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Rhomaia wrote:At the center of the verdant courtyard from where the smooth and calm announcer's voice had called upon the islanders, Ruta continued to stand at attention, ready to relay his next set of words to the residents of mana. His dark blue eyes glinted in the morning sunlight, and his dark clothing heavily contrasted with the bright robes that many Nobleblooded students were wearing on this October day, making him stand out like an unwanted blotch of black in a rainbow of myriad colors.

"Excellent, it looks like half of you are actually awake." Ruta chuckled good naturedly after seeing that the attention of everyone in the courtyard (and beyond) was indeed focused on his person, his voice once again echoing through every corner of the island, fading out only past the shoreline.

"Hours ago, this Academy recieved an invitation from the International Council of Mages, and a certain French school of magic, to take part in a tournament overseas, wherein this Academy's finest fighters will compete in the sport of dueling against students of seven other countries. Every person, student and teacher, in this Academy, has by extension been invited as well to enjoy the festivities, along with the short break from classes here."

Kassoq and Droma were silent for a moment after Ruta said this. They were in shock until Rangi practically flipped the table in his excitement.

"We're going to Paris!" Kassoq and Droma squeed.

"P-Paris?! Wow," responded Tarmo in a way that expressed an odd mixture of excitement and fear, "I never knew we'd get to go on field trips for this..."

"Field trip?! This is more than a field trip, Tarmo," Rangi replied, still shaking with excitement, "WE. ARE GOING. TO PARIS. PARIS!!"

As Tarmo processed this, Kassoq and Droma almost tripped over each other trying to get out of the cafeteria. They were going to Paris. A city they'd both only been to once before. They'd need to pack more than just clothes. Very formal clothes were in order, so there was no time to be wasted.

As Rangi saw the two girls running, he thought to himself, Better get out that iron. An international conglomeration of the top magic schools is no joke. There's going to be some serious ironing to be done to get my clothes, Tarmo's, and maybe Droma and Kassoq's clothes ready. Also, note to self: Remember to help Tarmo with his dress shirt. Shortly after, he got up and sprinted to his room to pack. Where had he put his suit?

Tarmo carefully picked up his friends' dishes, as friends had forgotten to bus their plates in their hurry to pack. What should I think? Tarmo thought, Paris sounds like blast, but what if I mess up? What if I embarrass the school? Ugh, now I don't feel so well. Despite his many worries, however, Tarmo was just as excited as the others to be going to Paris. He knew he had a suit somewhere, the question was where he'd put it. As he thought about this, he sat down near Lawrence, but didn't notice there was anyone there. "W-What did I do with my suit?" he muttered to himself.
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Rhomaia wrote:At the center of the verdant courtyard from where the smooth and calm announcer's voice had called upon the islanders, Ruta continued to stand at attention, ready to relay his next set of words to the residents of mana. His dark blue eyes glinted in the morning sunlight, and his dark clothing heavily contrasted with the bright robes that many Nobleblooded students were wearing on this October day, making him stand out like an unwanted blotch of black in a rainbow of myriad colors.

"Excellent, it looks like half of you are actually awake." Ruta chuckled good naturedly after seeing that the attention of everyone in the courtyard (and beyond) was indeed focused on his person, his voice once again echoing through every corner of the island, fading out only past the shoreline.

"Hours ago, this Academy recieved an invitation from the International Council of Mages, and a certain French school of magic, to take part in a tournament overseas, wherein this Academy's finest fighters will compete in the sport of dueling against students of seven other countries. Every person, student and teacher, in this Academy, has by extension been invited as well to enjoy the festivities, along with the short break from classes here."

Shaun Calhoun

"France? Oh boy, that sounds wonderful!", Shaun said softly chuckling "And a tournament? I wonder what kin-"

Finest fighters....Sport of dueling

When Shaun heard those words, he tensed up as if he seen a ghost. Everything else after that was nothing but white noise. He instinctively grabbed the edge of the table and gripped it with all of his might until the noise of the wooden table being split and his hands were blanketed with a sheet of red. He closed his eyes as he remembered what happened. He didn't want to remember this. He didn't want to see what he and the others did. It was all in the past. Why couldn't they just accept that? Why did they want to do this again? He didn't know if he was prepared for this. What if they choose him to compete in this? What if they placed a sword in his hands again? Would there be more blood spilled on the floor? More deaths?

He looked down at the table and saw what he was doing. Slowly releasing his grip from the table, he turned his hand around to see that it was bloody and covered with splinters. He closed his fist and hoped that the others didn't notice his sudden reaction.

Dominique Corleone

"Cool! I guess we were right about this. Paris, France here we come! The city full of art, bombtastic music, and the greatest thing of all- food! Oh boy, I will make a goal to myself that I will make sure to eat each and every food from every restaurant in that city! As well as play saxophone in the park next the Effie tower!" As he said that, one could hear the passion and excitement in his voice.

I might even meet some of the French models there...Ohohohoh...

Without any hesitation, Dominique got up from his seat and smiled at Shaun and the rest of them. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go and pack. Early bird gets the best seat on the plane...Or boat....Mostly plane. Also, I'll need some snacks. Don't want to be hungry on my way there." Dom said to himself as he walked off towards his dorm room to go and pack. As he left, he waved to the others a goodbye before finally walking out the door and towards the Solum dormitories.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:He sighed and decided to adhere to his fate, except that he needed a plan. He needed to show his mother he was stronger than when he had first left for Mana. This plan would have to come later, and hopefully, before the tournament started.

With this, he turned to Aria and smiled. "...Well...I-I guess we better start packing, then...I-If you want any help, I can offer it to you..." he suggested, kindly. He hoped Sage would also take the incentive and offer to help, as well.

Having turned her gaze out the window to watch Ruta's announcement take place, Aria did not smile back, or respond at all really, when Soleil gave her a grin. His offering of help was not truly big to her: after all, she didn't need that much help packing clothes and books, it would be Catherine who would need the help.

"...I can handle that on my own...You don't need to bother yourself with such things..." Aria said to him quietly, slowly turning to look at Soleil again with dull eyes. Taking the warm tray of food off of her lap and placing it on her nightstand, which was mostly clear except for a few books and a small picture frame of her and Andrius as children, she stood up from her bed.

"...Though perhaps I will be able to repay your kindness soon..." Aria said even more quietly, to no one in particular. The phrase just seemed to slip, and her eyes once again closed as a weak autumn wind rippled through her dark crimson hair.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He sighed and decided to adhere to his fate, except that he needed a plan. He needed to show his mother he was stronger than when he had first left for Mana. This plan would have to come later, and hopefully, before the tournament started.

With this, he turned to Aria and smiled. "...Well...I-I guess we better start packing, then...I-If you want any help, I can offer it to you..." he suggested, kindly. He hoped Sage would also take the incentive and offer to help, as well.

Having turned her gaze out the window to watch Ruta's announcement take place, Aria did not smile back, or respond at all really, when Soleil gave her a grin. His offering of help was not truly big to her: after all, she didn't need that much help packing clothes and books, it would be Catherine who would need the help.

"...I can handle that on my own...You don't need to bother yourself with such things..." Aria said to him quietly, slowly turning to look at Soleil again with dull eyes. Taking the warm tray of food off of her lap and placing it on her nightstand, which was mostly clear except for a few books and a small picture frame of her and Andrius as children, she stood up from her bed.

"...Though perhaps I will be able to repay your kindness soon..." Aria said even more quietly, to no one in particular. The phrase just seemed to slip, and her eyes once again closed as a weak autumn wind rippled through her dark crimson hair.

Soleil blinked and listened to Aria speak, watching her put her tray on the nightstand as she did so. She had never even touched the food, the food that Chef Michel had gone through so much trouble to make. Of course, Soleil did not say anything. He simply continued smiling, and nodded. "...O-Okay...umm...C-Catherine? Do you need any help?" he asked, wanting to make sure she was okay, at least, before he left. He wanted to feel he had at least accomplished something.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:09 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:He knew he had a suit somewhere, the question was where he'd put it. As he thought about this, he sat down near Lawrence, but didn't notice there was anyone there. "W-What did I do with my suit?" he muttered to himself.

Lawrence turned to face him. He, too, had not noticed the sudden appearance of the boy until he began muttering to himself.

"If you want, I could lend you one."

Which wasn't really an issue; the teacher had brought along a large assortment of shirts and suits. It wouldn't matter if he loaned one out for the duration of the trip.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:14 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:He knew he had a suit somewhere, the question was where he'd put it. As he thought about this, he sat down near Lawrence, but didn't notice there was anyone there. "W-What did I do with my suit?" he muttered to himself.

Lawrence turned to face him. He, too, had not noticed the sudden appearance of the boy until he began muttering to himself.

Which wasn't really an issue; the teacher had brought along a large assortment of shirts and suits. It wouldn't matter if he loaned one out for the duration of the trip.

"A s-suit?" Tarmo replied as he turned to look at the Professor, "I already have one lying around. It's just b-buried in dirty c-clothes, but thank you very m-much for the offer, Professor."

Now that I'm engaged in conversation, Tarmo wondered, What was his name again? Have to think on that one...

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Kaidou wrote:

"A s-suit?" Tarmo replied as he turned to look at the Professor, "I already have one lying around. It's just b-buried in dirty c-clothes, but thank you very m-much for the offer, Professor."

Now that I'm engaged in conversation, Tarmo wondered, What was his name again? Have to think on that one...

Lawrence chuckled.

"If you ever need one, you could always approach me. I'm bringing a few along to Paris."

Truth be told, Lawrence didn't know what to expect from the Paris trip. This was, after all, the first time he was attending a magic tournament, given that his interest in magic had been quite fleeting; he considered himself a casual dabbler, and though he could play about with wind and all, he had never been very serious.

Still, it would be an interesting experience.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:43 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:"A s-suit?" Tarmo replied as he turned to look at the Professor, "I already have one lying around. It's just b-buried in dirty c-clothes, but thank you very m-much for the offer, Professor."

Lawrence chuckled.

"If you ever need one, you could always approach me. I'm bringing a few along to Paris."

Truth be told, Lawrence didn't know what to expect from the Paris trip. This was, after all, the first time he was attending a magic tournament, given that his interest in magic had been quite fleeting; he considered himself a casual dabbler, and though he could play about with wind and all, he had never been very serious.

"So," Tarmo said, "The entire s-s-sch-sch-school is going to P-Paris. I w-w-wonder what we'll see. All I know r-right now is that I'm p-p-p-prob—I'm probably just along for the r-ride. What are you hoping to do once you get there, Mr. V-V-Vdou-Vdoush-Vdou—Mr. V-V-Vdou—Mr. Vdoushkin?" Tarmo was genuinely interested in what others were doing. He'd never been to Paris, or really heard that much about it either, so Tarmo was anxious to get an idea of what to do there.

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:20 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
Kaidou wrote:
Lawrence chuckled.

"So," Tarmo said, "The entire s-s-sch-sch-school is going to P-Paris. I w-w-wonder what we'll see. All I know r-right now is that I'm p-p-p-prob—I'm probably just along for the r-ride. What are you hoping to do once you get there, Mr. V-V-Vdou-Vdoush-Vdou—Mr. V-V-Vdou—Mr. Vdoushkin?" Tarmo was genuinely interested in what others were doing. He'd never been to Paris, or really heard that much about it either, so Tarmo was anxious to get an idea of what to do there.

Lawrence gazed into the distance (as far as one in a cafeteria could) dreamily, resting his chin on his hands.

"This will be my first time visiting France", he said, with the air of one deep in thought. "I suppose... I'll just try to enjoy the experience of visiting a completely different country from what I'm used to."

The teacher adjusted the briefcase on his lap.

"I wonder how things will go", he added to himself.

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:24 am

Charlia wrote:Natalie poked him. She was in her human form now, so she assumed he wouldn't have a problem. After all, it was just dolls he was scared of, and she'd made sure to put her doll form in a safe place where he couldn't see it before approaching.

"...Who's the 'finest fighters'?" she questioned. "Is Mama one?"

Unlike the last time when Natalie was in her doll form, Ruta did not flinch or waver, though he was still noticeably unsettled by the arrival of Natalie at this particular moment. Sure, she looked, admittedly, like an adorable child as of now, but knowing just what she was did not help to stop the shiver from coming down his spine. To simply see her was a fright enough, but to speak with her...even more so.

"...The finest fighters who I am referring to are the strongest students on the island, Natalie. Hikari is strong and smart, but there are still a few people here that are more skilled than she is." he tried to explain, but his words came out a little quieter than usual, likely a result of the nervousness that always overcame him whenever Natalie was around.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:33 am

Rhomaia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Natalie poked him. She was in her human form now, so she assumed he wouldn't have a problem. After all, it was just dolls he was scared of, and she'd made sure to put her doll form in a safe place where he couldn't see it before approaching.

Unlike the last time when Natalie was in her doll form, Ruta did not flinch or waver, though he was still noticeably unsettled by the arrival of Natalie at this particular moment. Sure, she looked, admittedly, like an adorable child as of now, but knowing just what she was did not help to stop the shiver from coming down his spine. To simply see her was a fright enough, but to speak with her...even more so.

"...The finest fighters who I am referring to are the strongest students on the island, Natalie. Hikari is strong and smart, but there are still a few people here that are more skilled than she is." he tried to explain, but his words came out a little quieter than usual, likely a result of the nervousness that always overcame him whenever Natalie was around.

"I believe you may need to go get yourself packed, Natalie. And perhaps help your Mama and Aunt to pack as well. After all, they probably have more to pack than you do," Rabbit answered, appearing suddenly from behind Ruta, suitcase in hand. He did not have too much to pack, and thus was simply waiting to go, now. He noticed Ruta's nervousness around Natalie, of course, and he stood by him as he waited for Natalie to leave.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:10 am

Rhomaia wrote:

"Oh. Okay. Here!"

She pulled out some cheese and gave it to him. "Since I keep scaring you... It's an apology cheese!" she giggled.
Luminesa wrote:
Rhomaia wrote:Unlike the last time when Natalie was in her doll form, Ruta did not flinch or waver, though he was still noticeably unsettled by the arrival of Natalie at this particular moment. Sure, she looked, admittedly, like an adorable child as of now, but knowing just what she was did not help to stop the shiver from coming down his spine. To simply see her was a fright enough, but to speak with her...even more so.

"I believe you may need to go get yourself packed, Natalie. And perhaps help your Mama and Aunt to pack as well. After all, they probably have more to pack than you do," Rabbit answered, appearing suddenly from behind Ruta, suitcase in hand. He did not have too much to pack, and thus was simply waiting to go, now. He noticed Ruta's nervousness around Natalie, of course, and he stood by him as he waited for Natalie to leave.
"...Yeah I don't have anything to pack," Natalie said cheerfully. "I don't have much stuff. But I should go help Mama and Aunt Kasumi pack, I'm very helpful," she confided with a grin. Then she skipped off excitedly, no doubt to help her unofficial family pack.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:36 am

Charlia wrote:
Rhomaia wrote:Unlike the last time when Natalie was in her doll form, Ruta did not flinch or waver, though he was still noticeably unsettled by the arrival of Natalie at this particular moment. Sure, she looked, admittedly, like an adorable child as of now, but knowing just what she was did not help to stop the shiver from coming down his spine. To simply see her was a fright enough, but to speak with her...even more so.

"Oh. Okay. Here!"

She pulled out some cheese and gave it to him. "Since I keep scaring you... It's an apology cheese!" she giggled.
Luminesa wrote:"I believe you may need to go get yourself packed, Natalie. And perhaps help your Mama and Aunt to pack as well. After all, they probably have more to pack than you do," Rabbit answered, appearing suddenly from behind Ruta, suitcase in hand. He did not have too much to pack, and thus was simply waiting to go, now. He noticed Ruta's nervousness around Natalie, of course, and he stood by him as he waited for Natalie to leave.
"...Yeah I don't have anything to pack," Natalie said cheerfully. "I don't have much stuff. But I should go help Mama and Aunt Kasumi pack, I'm very helpful," she confided with a grin. Then she skipped off excitedly, no doubt to help her unofficial family pack.

Rabbit smiled at her as she left, and then turned toward Ruta. He knew that he would probably relax now, since Natalie had left, or at least he would try to. With a Rabbit around, complete relaxation probably was not a possibility. "...Paris...the City of Love, they call it," he whispered, turning away and staring off into the distance, as he held his suitcase, "...yet...it almost feels it should be a called by a different name, when a person returns to it..." He sounded like he was talking in his sleep, almost, as he stood and thought about what might be coming, when they went on this trip.
-Alan Jackson

Vlamistaatti
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlamistaatti » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:36 am

Hedeon

Snapping back to the more present time from his 'long time ago' memories, shaking his head as if to shake off the thoughts that came with that vivid reminder. His ears, though hearing in vague sense, caught just about all the most important details from the announcement that was still booming. Paris? Known already, magic tournament? What? Now as someone who had lived most of his life in the literal 'boonies' of sorts, his understanding of this concept was about zero, then again so was his general understanding of the magical realm on whole. In any case the tournament equals class free vacation to a fairly nice location too, he had never before visited Paris or France in general so this was a solid introduction, for free non the less.

Reforming his composition from the dazed off balanced look and feel to a more focused and his usual dope self, he kept on going. Not entirely sure what or where he was doing or going to, only thing in his thoughts were was the urge for moment of peace in a less populated location. So the gym was his choice to go. Walking with quick pace he moved through the corridor, through the lobby and exiting out of the main doors into the courtyard. Then right away heading at the large, easy to note gym building.

The usual wind coming from the ocean blew against his skin, nicely cooling it down and giving the air a sense of freshness. Perhaps for a moment there his mind was tempted to manipulate his motivation to dwindle down and just make him go take a nap somewhere in the yard or the forest. Alas, he wasn't this easily swayed, not at least this time he wasn't. So ignoring the momentary distraction, he entered the gym, walking now at much quieter and calmer pace right on the center of the hall. It was quiet, dead quiet even.

Taking in deep breath his muscles flexed themselves few times, first shoulders and followed by triceps. Now that is body was in its more relaxed state, he could focus on the task at hand..

With a gently raising of his arm, moving it to stretch out forward all the way with the palm wide open, just holding it there. Those echoing voices earlier on, the pompous announcement about Mana Academy having been granted a privileged of sorts to cross their blades with other such places of learning. Tournament, eh. That singular little word really did have a unique capability to pull his thoughts so far back. To think that he'd start reminiscing those older days, well old in terms of him being closer to the size of a fire extinguisher. As his mind began once more drift off from the present moment, flickers of gentlest of lights began to first gather in few, gathering more and more. Sweeping along the very cold floor of the building, creating a sense of warmth in the hall as it grew brighter. Lights of yellow, then reddish, then just outright unexplained, followed shortly by what seem to be more violent kind of possibly electric shocks flying out from the light show. As his arm was still holding out, in an instantaneous move his fingers closed as if to hold something, a handle then morphing into his grip in an explosive shock. Followed perfectly by more lights gathering less like natural light shines and instead with a more physical form, forming downwards from the already created 'handle' till it reached the floor. His arm then swiftly picked up the newly formed object, giving it a properly choreograph swing as it cut through the air. "Hirféngel" he spoke with a touch of elegance in words, the voice giving out an echo throughout the hall. In perfect follow-up to the chant his other hand came about grabbing the handle too while they both simultaneously landed the object now tip first into the floor.

That coat of light shook off from what was revealed to be technically a sword but with a rather more heavy weight blade portion. The shock didn't quite stop till giving that second long shaking and airwaves hitting everywhere. However once the shock had faded off, so had the lights, the whole place returning to its before serenity. Complimented well with the warming light rays coming through the windows.

Sighing in soft way, he held firmly the oddly colored very simple looking replicate of a typical western middle age styled broadsword. Its handle was perfectly lined, complimenting its dull look even further. Yet what gave its less regular nature was its coloring. The whole body of it was colored in a dim, almost glowing orange like color tone, with very light yellow-like lines going around it in random parts. Like it was more formed from pieces then being a singular build structure. This assumption would proof wrong to anyone non the less, as his left feet took a bold step forth. Going with his lower body movement he swing the sword in wide arc. Stepping back right after, followed by another swing from a different angle this time. This then went on as he picked up his pace more, getting back to the feeling of his old style he had honed in all those more or less painful training regime periods. Learning to build a weapon from in technical sense 'nowhere' was a handy tool for combat that is. Unfortunately for him this was just about what he could do in practicality with the concept of "hard light"

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:42 am

Kaidou wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:"So," Tarmo said, "The entire s-s-sch-sch-school is going to P-Paris. I w-w-wonder what we'll see. All I know r-right now is that I'm p-p-p-prob—I'm probably just along for the r-ride. What are you hoping to do once you get there, Mr. V-V-Vdou-Vdoush-Vdou—Mr. V-V-Vdou—Mr. Vdoushkin?" Tarmo was genuinely interested in what others were doing. He'd never been to Paris, or really heard that much about it either, so Tarmo was anxious to get an idea of what to do there.

Lawrence gazed into the distance (as far as one in a cafeteria could) dreamily, resting his chin on his hands.

"This will be my first time visiting France", he said, with the air of one deep in thought. "I suppose... I'll just try to enjoy the experience of visiting a completely different country from what I'm used to."

The teacher adjusted the briefcase on his lap.

"I wonder how things will go", he added to himself.

"So you've n-never been to France either, huh?" replied Tarmo, "My friends have been, and said they ł-loved it there. I've only had ex-exper-experience with Eastern Eu-Europe, the B-Baltics, and this p-place. Please excuse me for a moment while I get coffee." Tarmo got up out of his seat and walked over to the buffet. He grabbed the largest mug he could find and filled it with coffee before proceeding to pour multiple spoonfuls of sugar into his coffee. He stirred it and walked back over to Lawrence. "There w-we go," he said as he sipped his coffee, "That's b-better."

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:34 am

Venta
Theodora Mills

Sadly for Violet's question, Theodora had barely made an comprehensible words for the rest of the night, leaving the fellow Venta to fall asleep due to boredom. The Aussie herself succumbed to the weariness that she didn't know she had some time during the early hours of the morning, only to wake up an hour or so later due to the commotion created from being one of the house of wind. And that was how her school year began for a couple months, and every morning was the same, albeit slightly modified, phrase each waking moment.

"Perfect..."

Rhomaia wrote:"Hours ago, this Academy recieved an invitation from the International Council of Mages, and a certain French school of magic, to take part in a tournament overseas, wherein this Academy's finest fighters will compete in the sport of dueling against students of seven other countries. Every person, student and teacher, in this Academy, has by extension been invited as well to enjoy the festivities, along with the short break from classes here."

For once, Theodora really was awake. Well she had been after adjusting to school life, and the fact she didn't want to go through the same morning as the rest of Venta every day, choosing to shower earlier and escape into the hallways at the break of dawn. She'd even created a small portable desk where all of her designing equipment was stored for portability, and could even be animated to move its legs when necessary. The little tank that had accompanied her on the first day was also present, with a new, small smoke grenade launcher added onto it. The toy was the one to feel tired instead, its gun weakly lowered as it sat on the portable desk.

"Finest fighters eh?" Theodora wondered out loud, "That's something to see, definitely coming along."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine looked off at nothing, listening to Ruta's announcement. She didn't know what to think. Part of her just wanted to curl back up in her bed and ignore that anything was going on at all. Yet this was a great opportunity, to both learn from some of the greatest mages around the, and to show her own power. Catherine would not let her injuries hold her back, she wasn't just some useless cripple. Soliel's question slowly drifted to her and broke her line of thought. She successfully bit back a scowl, hating how he looked on her with pity.

"I don't think I'll bring much, I should be fine. Thank you for the offer." She noticed the worry on his face, wanted to distract him from her own problems, she decided to poke at what seemed to be a sore spot. "You seemed worried your self, will there be a problem with you going home?"

Hailey Winters

Hailey was practically buzzing with excitement. They were going to Paris, all of them, and for a magic tournament! what could be cooler? Hailey didn't think that she would be one of those competing, she certainly wasn't one of the strongest fighters at the school, so she didn't have to worry about that and instead just thought about how awesome of a trip this would be. As much at she loved Mana, and enjoyed her studies, this would be an awesome break.

"When do you think we're leaving? Should we start getting packed?"
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine looked off at nothing, listening to Ruta's announcement. She didn't know what to think. Part of her just wanted to curl back up in her bed and ignore that anything was going on at all. Yet this was a great opportunity, to both learn from some of the greatest mages around the, and to show her own power. Catherine would not let her injuries hold her back, she wasn't just some useless cripple. Soliel's question slowly drifted to her and broke her line of thought. She successfully bit back a scowl, hating how he looked on her with pity.

"I don't think I'll bring much, I should be fine. Thank you for the offer." She noticed the worry on his face, wanted to distract him from her own problems, she decided to poke at what seemed to be a sore spot. "You seemed worried your self, will there be a problem with you going home?"

Hailey Winters

Hailey was practically buzzing with excitement. They were going to Paris, all of them, and for a magic tournament! what could be cooler? Hailey didn't think that she would be one of those competing, she certainly wasn't one of the strongest fighters at the school, so she didn't have to worry about that and instead just thought about how awesome of a trip this would be. As much at she loved Mana, and enjoyed her studies, this would be an awesome break.

"When do you think we're leaving? Should we start getting packed?"

Hearing her ask the question, Soleil blushed. He was not expecting for her to notice his concern. He was supposed to be the wallflower, noticing everyone else's pain, but with nobody expecting his. Or so he thought. He was never good at hiding his emotions, after all, considering he seemed to be crying or blushing every five minutes. Like now. "Huh? O-Oh, no...I'll be alright. Just a little nervous about fighting in the tournament...I-I'm not a very good fighter myself," he answered, lying away his current concerns, when in reality, he was afraid his mother would not let him come back to the school, once he came home. And if she didn't do something, he always had his aunt to be scared of.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Charlia wrote:"Oh. Okay. Here!"

Ruta raised an eyebrow at Natalie's gesture as she placed the piece of cheese in his hands, but nonetheless tried to smile at her. Unfortunately, the hunter's strange sense of anxiety still peeked through this little facade, the nervousness somehow more stalwart than the calm demeanor he had been exhibiting only seconds ago.

"I...fine." Ruta said, accepting the offering and grimacing slightly at the fact that she noticed his fear, and made it so clear to everyone there. As she walked away, he muttered to himself, "I'm not scared...I'm not scared...I'm not scared...", each utterance quieter than the last.
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit smiled at her as she left, and then turned toward Ruta. He knew that he would probably relax now, since Natalie had left, or at least he would try to. With a Rabbit around, complete relaxation probably was not a possibility. "...Paris...the City of Love, they call it," he whispered, turning away and staring off into the distance, as he held his suitcase, "...yet...it almost feels it should be a called by a different name, when a person returns to it..." He sounded like he was talking in his sleep, almost, as he stood and thought about what might be coming, when they went on this trip.

Breathing a sigh of relief as the cheese obsessed doll skipped happily away to help Hikari, Ruta turned his gaze to the Rabbit, his azure eyes once again at peace. The Rabbit still unsettled him, but despite this he had grown to respect him as a person. His words, calm as always, seemed so much more distant after the mention of the tournament's host. Perhaps there were memories that he too, would have liked to bury as well, just likr the old Jaegar...

"...The City of Lights...The City of Love...Those are simply names for outsiders who do not truly know what lies beneath all the gilded veils. It would seem that we are among those precious few who remain wiser." Ruta said with a faint smile, having seen plenty of the world in his travels, and knowing just what dark secrets were hidden behind all the glitz and glamour of the cities of old.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Oh. Okay. Here!"

Ruta raised an eyebrow at Natalie's gesture as she placed the piece of cheese in his hands, but nonetheless tried to smile at her. Unfortunately, the hunter's strange sense of anxiety still peeked through this little facade, the nervousness somehow more stalwart than the calm demeanor he had been exhibiting only seconds ago.

"I...fine." Ruta said, accepting the offering and grimacing slightly at the fact that she noticed his fear, and made it so clear to everyone there. As she walked away, he muttered to himself, "I'm not scared...I'm not scared...I'm not scared...", each utterance quieter than the last.
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit smiled at her as she left, and then turned toward Ruta. He knew that he would probably relax now, since Natalie had left, or at least he would try to. With a Rabbit around, complete relaxation probably was not a possibility. "...Paris...the City of Love, they call it," he whispered, turning away and staring off into the distance, as he held his suitcase, "...yet...it almost feels it should be a called by a different name, when a person returns to it..." He sounded like he was talking in his sleep, almost, as he stood and thought about what might be coming, when they went on this trip.

Breathing a sigh of relief as the cheese obsessed doll skipped happily away to help Hikari, Ruta turned his gaze to the Rabbit, his azure eyes once again at peace. The Rabbit still unsettled him, but despite this he had grown to respect him as a person. His words, calm as always, seemed so much more distant after the mention of the tournament's host. Perhaps there were memories that he too, would have liked to bury as well, just likr the old Jaegar...

"...The City of Lights...The City of Love...Those are simply names for outsiders who do not truly know what lies beneath all the gilded veils. It would seem that we are among those precious few who remain wiser." Ruta said with a faint smile, having seen plenty of the world in his travels, and knowing just what dark secrets were hidden behind all the glitz and glamour of the cities of old.

"...That is true," Rabbit answered with a sigh, revealing to Ruta a slight hint of his sadness, "...all of the lights of Paris could not reveal what was seen and done, after the nights fell...but not all of the darkness of that city could hide it forever, either..." He then looked down at the ground, and seemed to grip the handle of his suitcase more tightly. "This city, where poets and writers and artists fled to escape the ravages of war...except none of them really did escape their troubles, even in Paris...It almost seems it's more of a trap than an escape..." Rabbit seemed to now be speaking more to himself than to Ruta, but he did not seem to care. At the very least, he was lost enough in his thoughts that he had forgotten who was standing next to him.
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Ignis looked at the large lake before her from the tree branch.
"Paris might be an escape for us, but also isn't without risk. It's not as volatile as Prague, sure, but for some living there ridiculously crime rates, poverty, violence and corruption are all there. Street magicians on the blocks and allies, operating under bigger hands, and if they don't get swallowed up one day by the system, they're lucky. It's a whole dirty business down there. Dozens of people and other creatires trafficked daily through the dark bowels of the underground city....Shady figures patrol the streets at night, phantoms that never get detected, waiting for their next recruits.....and..." She shivered.
"But I bet Ruta noticed too. He'll be upping our security, hopefully." She looked at the little bird to her right.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Alex Aegerius

P-Paris?! Did he….just… Ruta's words had shocked him beyond comprehension. It took him longer than he hoped to admit before he was able to think straight. This… this is amazing. France, the origin of the world's finest dishes, w-we’re going there. And Paris of all places! Alex could barely contain his excitement. He couldn't care less about the tournament but this was his chance to see the best of the best in action and perhaps the start of his journey to become the world's greatest chef.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:12 am

Cecily herself heard the message about the Paris trip, and she began to think. As she stood in her new room, in which her wardrobe was neatly hung-up, and papers were scattered around her desk, she paced around as thought. It was a good place to pace, since it was relatively quiet. Her mind, however, was not quiet at all.

I have been able to avoid him up to this time, somehow...but I cannot avoid him in Paris! Nothing can be avoided there!

We will be in the same plane! The same hotel! Smaller spaces, where we cannot stay away from each other forever!

She stopped for a moment, sat on the bed, and hugged her arms, trying to calm herself down. However, calming thoughts avoided her, just like she avoided Rabbit.

Paris. Paris, that cursed place. I never wanted to go back there, not after all of that. Not after what I put myself through there. And just when I thought I had forgotten it...Ah...it can't be helped...I have to, or else they will suspect something...

With this, Cecily stood and pulled-out her suitcase from under her bed. She might as well get to work. Fussing over the inevitable would only make her a nervous wreck, or more of a nervous wreck than she was now.

Ambrosia, in contrast, heard the message from her room, and she squeed with excitement. Paris, beautiful Paris. Expensive Paris. Glittery and romantic Paris. She immediately began to fantasize about all of the boys she would be able to meet there, all of the fine clothing and the fine dining...they were practically royals! They would be flying first-class, and they would have so much fun! For the first time in a few months, she was actually excited.

"Gotta get all of my things! Gotta get my clothes, my shoes, my things..." She pulled out multiple suitcases and began to rummage through her closets, excited about what was coming.

However, something waited silently for her, in the corner of her room. It had appeared on campus without any warning, and it would disappear without any warning as well. In the corner stood a pale, slim young woman, no more than twenty. She was dressed in full Gothic-Lolita clothing, and she stood like a statue, waiting for Ambrosia to make a wrong move. She had been given one mission, and one mission only. The opening act to looming horror...
-Alan Jackson

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Ignis packed her bags with just enough clothes, books, pens, an instrument case, and basic hygeinic necessities. She shut her dark red suitcase and walked out of her dorm. Black followed her.
"I'm going away for a week, boy. I left the food bag open for you and you can take a drink by the lake whenever you want, 'kay? Look after the other guys for me." she smiled and patted his head.
She caught something strange in the air and her head pricked and shot around like an alert deer.
Something's not right...Something bad's here....Maybe I should tell Ruta bout this?
She thought. Nah, he probably doesn't have time. How bout Cecily? Heard she's a Jaeger too, she could deal with this.
She went to find Cecily. She later bumped into Natalie.
"Oh, hey Natacheese." she looked down at her. "How're you?"
Last edited by Prusselanden on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:43 am

Tim was baking cookies when he heard the announcement, and sighed.
"Pity, I don't have time to eat these all on my own."
He pulled the tray of cookies out of the oven, setting them on the counter still steaming hot. He took one from the tray and munched on it, used to heat so much that he wasn't burned by it. He opened the window to let the smell of the cookies permeate the air, hoping someone would come help him finish them off before he moved house to his Paris apartment.
"I always loved that place," he smiled idly.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse