NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Razzgriz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:20 pm

John Randzgriz

John stood patiently with his left hand in his pocket as he waited for the vending machine to dispense his ice cold drink to go with his homemade meal. *Clink* *Boom* "Maybe I should get one more for the walk back...huh? Yea, I guess one more wouldn't hurt." he thought to himself carefully as he grabbed his drink. He placed one drink in his coat pocket and afterwards popped open the other.

With his lunch in his right hand and soda in his left John resumed his stroll through the hallway taking a refreshing sip every so often. His gaze shifted back and forth from the window to hallway and back again repeatedly until he himself came to a halt."I didn't realize how nice outside is today. ....It seems...almost too peaceful and tranquil..mmm. .........I hope nothing bad happens today." the red eyed medic said casually to himself as he took another sip of his drink proceeded onward.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
____ The Empire of the Iszkárien Isles____
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Prusselanden wrote:"Rumors from the spiders is it's for some really important thing but I can't exactly remember." The snake shut her book, curling her tail around it and propping it on her coils.
"....And be careful from now on, for the dead still have ways of talking to us, whether it be from writing or smoke."

Isaac smirked. It was, possibly, the first time he actually smiled ever since he entered the school compound. It wasn't a genuine smile, for sure, but it was something.

"Thanks for that advice."

Do you not get it?

The boy slowly stood up, wedging the book under his armpit. Perhaps he'd burn the bloody thing. After all, there was always the school library; if he needed to read something really desperately, it was always open for him.

"So... anybody know what exactly we're doing there?"

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Rumors from the spiders is it's for some really important thing but I can't exactly remember." The snake shut her book, curling her tail around it and propping it on her coils.
"....And be careful from now on, for the dead still have ways of talking to us, whether it be from writing or smoke."

Isaac smirked. It was, possibly, the first time he actually smiled ever since he entered the school compound. It wasn't a genuine smile, for sure, but it was something.

"Thanks for that advice."

Do you not get it?

The boy slowly stood up, wedging the book under his armpit. Perhaps he'd burn the bloody thing. After all, there was always the school library; if he needed to read something really desperately, it was always open for him.

"So... anybody know what exactly we're doing there?"

"Not exactly. They're all inside at this time."
She yawned again and turned her head to look at him.
"Are you not scared of me? Ach, nevermind, you have dead people sending you messages, what is there to fear from a snake?" She set her book aside. "How long have they been bothering you.?"
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Prusselanden wrote:"Not exactly. They're all inside at this time."
"Are you not scared of me? Ach, nevermind, you have dead people sending you messages, what is there to fear from a snake?" She set her book aside. "How long have they been bothering you.?"

"About three months."

The boy looked out towards the lake, his book wedged firmly underneath his armpit. The scenery was strangely calming, even if the memories that agitated him kept recurring day after day, night after night. Perhaps the cool air added to it.

"After an incident", said Isaac cryptically.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Not exactly. They're all inside at this time."

"About three months."

The boy looked out towards the lake, his book wedged firmly underneath his armpit. The scenery was strangely calming, even if the memories that agitated him kept recurring day after day, night after night. Perhaps the cool air added to it.

"After an incident", said Isaac cryptically.

"...Why don't you keep on talking to them and find out what they're up to? It's better to push through the discomfort and get it over with than have to carry on with it for a long time. An accident, huh? Were they the people who died in it?" She slithered onto the path and looked up at the migrating birds.
"Three months, that should be tough. At least the unease has not plagued you for a century."
Last edited by Prusselanden on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Prusselanden wrote:"...Why don't you keep on talking to them and find out what they're up to? It's better to push through the discomfort and get it over with than have to carry on with it for a long time. An accident, huh? Were they the people who died in it?" She slithered onto the path and looked up at the migrating birds.
"Three months, that should be tough."

Isaac smirked, looking away and remaining silent for a moment. The wind whipped the grass ever so slightly, in line with the ripples of the water.

"The existence of ghosts is a scientific impossibility", he said calculatedly. "The mind is dictated by the brain, and upon death, the brain will die; therefore, the mind will die alongside the brain, ergo it cannot continue to exist after death. And yet..."

Liar.

"No. I wanted him to die."
Last edited by Kaidou on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"...Why don't you keep on talking to them and find out what they're up to? It's better to push through the discomfort and get it over with than have to carry on with it for a long time. An accident, huh? Were they the people who died in it?" She slithered onto the path and looked up at the migrating birds.
"Three months, that should be tough."

Isaac smirked, looking away and remaining silent for a moment. The wind whipped the grass ever so slightly, in line with the ripples of the water.

"The existence of ghosts is a scientific impossibility", he said calculatedly. "The mind is dictated by the brain, and upon death, the brain will die; therefore, the mind will die alongside the brain, ergo it cannot continue to exist after death. And yet..."

Liar.

"But he isn't dead yet. Well, not in that sense."
She looked at the ripples intensely. "But I wouldn't blame you if you don't believe in ghosts. Most people don't until they see the real thing."
She lifted her head up, her stomach undulating. "But he's still out there, no doubt....now what do the messages say?"

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
Kaidou wrote:

Liar.

"But he isn't dead yet. Well, not in that sense."
She looked at the ripples intensely. "But I wouldn't blame you if you don't believe in ghosts. Most people don't until they see the real thing."
She lifted her head up, her stomach undulating. "But he's still out there, no doubt....now what do the messages say?"

Isaac pulled the book open, flipping through the pages till he came to the three that were there.

貴様名前は。

"A close translation for this one would be along the lines of "What the fuck is your name?". Though I'm sure it's slightly stronger in the original."

月を見上げ高まる。

" "Look up at the moon and rise". No idea what this is supposed to mean."

你在看什麼?

"Since you speak Chinese, I presume you know what this one means. This is the most bothersome one, if you ask me."

With that, the boy passed the book to the snake and took a step closer to the lake, his hands in his pockets. The wind became slightly weaker.

"Personally, I think the most logical interpretation is simply that my father was a deranged man. Occam's Razor."

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Luminesa wrote:"Ruby, this is Natalie. She's a doll who belongs to one of the students here," he explained. He then walked over to Natalie and picked her up in his hand. "Paris is a city in a faraway country called France. It's across the ocean, in a continent called Europe. There's plenty of cheese there too, if I remember correctly."

Rabbit hid it behind his normal cheery nature, but during the last couple of months he had become more somber himself. He had revealed his identity to one student, and had begun a relationship with one of the teachers. However, he had never found true closure on his last one. Thus, Rabbit still had questions and worried stirring inside of him, and he was now mixed about suddenly having a chance to go to Paris. There, he would encounter his old memories, which would be sure to be painful. However, maybe he would also be able to come to terms with what had happened, and finally move on.

No...I have to be here in the present moment with my students...they need me, especially now... he thought, determinedly.

"A...doll?" Ruby asked curiously, arching an eyebrow at the explanation she was given by the Rabbit. Normally, one did not see walking, talking (or burbling, in this case?) dolls wandering around any installation freely as this one did, as they were more often than not associated with the Dark Art of crafting artificial human life, an illegal practice that was often punishable by death from a Jaegar's black blade, and after that, the destruction of the creation. To ''put end it's misery'', as her commanders would often explain to her. It was strange to Ruby, how her briefing prior to being posted here had included such specific details on the subject, along with the identification of certain 'anomalies' among the student body...

"No, nevermind..." Ruby said, believing that she would be able to find out on her own just exactly what Natalie was, and just what other secrets the students hid. If there was anything dangerous...

Slowly, she sighed and shook her head, not wanting to take such drastic measures just because of this one little incident...and yet she still felt a burning sensation in her gloved hands...As much as she wanted to believe it wasn't so...there were very dark beings present here.

'And so the Abyss has spread even here, to this sanctuary of Light and hope...A dreadful thought indeed...'

As soon as Natalie had rushed out of the room, Ruta came out from behind his chair, his form once again visible in his black and blue robes, able to heave out a sigh of relief. That was, until the doll's earsplitting screech forced both him and Ruby to cover their ears, the sheer volume of the scream causing them to grit their teeth and close their azure eyes.

"...I'm not sure what is going to kill my ears first...Violet's experiments, or her..." Ruta groaned, slowly removing his hands from his ears.

Kasoura did the same and slowly turned her gaze to the still standing Jaegar. "...Do I want to know what you mean by that..?" Kasoura responded, opening her large eyes once again.

"If you like your peace of mind, then you do not..." he quietly stated, putting a hand to his head and covering his eyes for a moment.

"...You really need to get a damn therapist, one of these days." Ruby retorted after a moment of deliberation, letting a small laugh escape her, much to Ruta's displeasure.

It was comedic almost, like two old friends having a friendly chat about the loss of sanity, as if the topic was some sort of laughing matter between them, only for the two to quickly sober up due to the resurgence of what could be presumed to be some painful experience, making them silent and serious once more.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Ruby, this is Natalie. She's a doll who belongs to one of the students here," he explained. He then walked over to Natalie and picked her up in his hand. "Paris is a city in a faraway country called France. It's across the ocean, in a continent called Europe. There's plenty of cheese there too, if I remember correctly."

Rabbit hid it behind his normal cheery nature, but during the last couple of months he had become more somber himself. He had revealed his identity to one student, and had begun a relationship with one of the teachers. However, he had never found true closure on his last one. Thus, Rabbit still had questions and worried stirring inside of him, and he was now mixed about suddenly having a chance to go to Paris. There, he would encounter his old memories, which would be sure to be painful. However, maybe he would also be able to come to terms with what had happened, and finally move on.

No...I have to be here in the present moment with my students...they need me, especially now... he thought, determinedly.

"A...doll?" Ruby asked curiously, arching an eyebrow at the explanation she was given by the Rabbit. Normally, one did not see walking, talking (or burbling, in this case?) dolls wandering around any installation freely as this one did, as they were more often than not associated with the Dark Art of crafting artificial human life, an illegal practice that was often punishable by death from a Jaegar's black blade, and after that, the destruction of the creation. To ''put end it's misery'', as her commanders would often explain to her. It was strange to Ruby, how her briefing prior to being posted here had included such specific details on the subject, along with the identification of certain 'anomalies' among the student body...

"No, nevermind..." Ruby said, believing that she would be able to find out on her own just exactly what Natalie was, and just what other secrets the students hid. If there was anything dangerous...

Slowly, she sighed and shook her head, not wanting to take such drastic measures just because of this one little incident...and yet she still felt a burning sensation in her gloved hands...As much as she wanted to believe it wasn't so...there were very dark beings present here.

'And so the Abyss has spread even here, to this sanctuary of Light and hope...A dreadful thought indeed...'

As soon as Natalie had rushed out of the room, Ruta came out from behind his chair, his form once again visible in his black and blue robes, able to heave out a sigh of relief. That was, until the doll's earsplitting screech forced both him and Ruby to cover their ears, the sheer volume of the scream causing them to grit their teeth and close their azure eyes.

"...I'm not sure what is going to kill my ears first...Violet's experiments, or her..." Ruta groaned, slowly removing his hands from his ears.

Kasoura did the same and slowly turned her gaze to the still standing Jaegar. "...Do I want to know what you mean by that..?" Kasoura responded, opening her large eyes once again.

"If you like your peace of mind, then you do not..." he quietly stated, putting a hand to his head and covering his eyes for a moment.

"...You really need to get a damn therapist, one of these days." Ruby retorted after a moment of deliberation, letting a small laugh escape her, much to Ruta's displeasure.

It was comedic almost, like two old friends having a friendly chat about the loss of sanity, as if the topic was some sort of laughing matter between them, only for the two to quickly sober up due to the resurgence of what could be presumed to be some painful experience, making them silent and serious once more.

Rabbit did not seem to mind the screeching, and actually laughed slightly at Natalie's innocent excitement. Once she was finished, he then turned toward his associates. "Well, now that that's done, perhaps we should try and go explain to the students what is actually happening concerning our trip to Paris. After all, as helpful as little Natalie was trying to be, I don't think that was what I had intended for her to do..." Rabbit then walked out of the office, both to find the students and to get ready himself. He also wanted to get away from Ruby, as he felt quite nervous with her hanging around.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Luminesa wrote:Rabbit did not seem to mind the screeching, and actually laughed slightly at Natalie's innocent excitement. Once she was finished, he then turned toward his associates. "Well, now that that's done, perhaps we should try and go explain to the students what is actually happening concerning our trip to Paris. After all, as helpful as little Natalie was trying to be, I don't think that was what I had intended for her to do..." Rabbit then walked out of the office, both to find the students and to get ready himself. He also wanted to get away from Ruby, as he felt quite nervous with her hanging around.

The two Jaegars turned their gaze to Rabbit one final time before giving each other a silent nod of understanding, as if neither needed no words to tell the other what had to be done. Ruta let go of the letter in his hands, and it floated into Ruby's, wherein she began to read and basically shut out everything else, even the sounds of the songbirds as they flew about in the great outdoors.

Smiling to himself a little, Ruta quietly closed the door so Ruby would be able to (hopefully) enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet without nosy students wandering into the room. Though once she was done, it was more than likely she would track down Ruta and the Rabbit, to assist the former and keep tabs on the latter.

Within the span of a few minutes, which really felt like no time at all to him now, he was so accustomed to walking through the Academy's halls, Ruta made his way out into the courtyard where the morning sun shined through the thin mist surrounding the island. He looked well composed, though the tiredness in his face was still there, just like it always was. His black and blue robes were straight, clean, and mostly unwrinkled as he strode into the center of the courtyard where the school's fountain was. Closing his eyes and looking towards the fountain, Ruta began to speak quietly in tongues for a moment, his every word incomprehensible to any persons who may have been trying to read his lips and those close enough to hear, for they were not words of any spoken language; they were the words to a spell.

'Soflori Erékeos...', Ruta finished, the whispered incantation echoing throughout the entirety of the courtyard, causing the fountain's waters to ripple and a slight gust of wind to push out from the spot where he uttered the chant.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Students, Teachers...This is Professor Ruta of the Defense Wing speaking, I have an important announcement to make on this fine morning. I kindly ask that you all lend me your ears and pay attention." Ruta's voice boomed throughout the entire island, it's intensity unaffected by the presence of walls or any other obstacle that might otherwise block the sound.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:47 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit did not seem to mind the screeching, and actually laughed slightly at Natalie's innocent excitement. Once she was finished, he then turned toward his associates. "Well, now that that's done, perhaps we should try and go explain to the students what is actually happening concerning our trip to Paris. After all, as helpful as little Natalie was trying to be, I don't think that was what I had intended for her to do..." Rabbit then walked out of the office, both to find the students and to get ready himself. He also wanted to get away from Ruby, as he felt quite nervous with her hanging around.

The two Jaegars turned their gaze to Rabbit one final time before giving each other a silent nod of understanding, as if neither needed no words to tell the other what had to be done. Ruta let go of the letter in his hands, and it floated into Ruby's, wherein she began to read and basically shut out everything else, even the sounds of the songbirds as they flew about in the great outdoors.

Smiling to himself a little, Ruta quietly closed the door so Ruby would be able to (hopefully) enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet without nosy students wandering into the room. Though once she was done, it was more than likely she would track down Ruta and the Rabbit, to assist the former and keep tabs on the latter.

Within the span of a few minutes, which really felt like no time at all to him now, he was so accustomed to walking through the Academy's halls, Ruta made his way out into the courtyard where the morning sun shined through the thin mist surrounding the island. He looked well composed, though the tiredness in his face was still there, just like it always was. His black and blue robes were straight, clean, and mostly unwrinkled as he strode into the center of the courtyard where the school's fountain was. Closing his eyes and looking towards the fountain, Ruta began to speak quietly in tongues for a moment, his every word incomprehensible to any persons who may have been trying to read his lips and those close enough to hear, for they were not words of any spoken language; they were the words to a spell.

'Soflori Erékeos...', Ruta finished, the whispered incantation echoing throughout the entirety of the courtyard, causing the fountain's waters to ripple and a slight gust of wind to push out from the spot where he uttered the chant.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Students, Teachers...This is Professor Ruta of the Defense Wing speaking, I have an important announcement to make on this fine morning. I kindly ask that you all lend me your ears and pay attention." Ruta's voice boomed throughout the entire island, it's intensity unaffected by the presence of walls or any other obstacle that might otherwise block the sound.

Soleil heard the teacher's voice from across campus, and he turned toward it. Ruta sounded calm enough, so it could not have been something serious. Thus, he wondered what it could be.

In the meantime, Rabbit headed to his room and began to pack some items in their suitcase. He did not pack an enormous amount of luggage-just his regular white-and-red kimono, the fancier blue one that hung on the closet door most days, some toiletries, and an extra pair of shoes. Considering this was a tournament, Rabbit would most likely be busy tending to the students, and thus he would not have very much time to himself.

...A tournament...this should be exciting...but I wonder if any of the students will actually feel like fighting, the way they are right now... he thought, thinking especially of Aria, Catherine, and Henry, the three students who had been most effected by Lynefleur's attack on the school two months ago. Only time would tell, it seemed.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Rhomaia wrote:

The moment they heard Ruta's voice, the four quickly disregarded their entire conversation with Ziriad, and gave Ruta their full attention.

"What could possibly be so important that Ruta needs to announce it with this method?" Droma whispered to her friends, "This must be really big."

"Indeed. From what I know, this is rarely used unless something is of great importance," Rangi replied in the same hushed voice, "There must be some matter of great urgency. I hope it isn't anything bad...

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:45 am

Rhomaia wrote:"Ladies, Gentlemen, Students, Teachers...This is Professor Ruta of the Defense Wing speaking, I have an important announcement to make on this fine morning. I kindly ask that you all lend me your ears and pay attention." Ruta's voice boomed throughout the entire island, it's intensity unaffected by the presence of walls or any other obstacle that might otherwise block the sound.

Lawrence L. H. D. Vdovushkin

"Ah."

With the sudden resounding of the announcement, Lawrence put down his briefcase and perked his ears, listening intently to the announcement. More likely than not, it had something to do with the trip; then again, there was no way anyone would know. Lots of things tended to happen that warranted announcements.

"Let's see now..."

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Less Joyous Recollections

Postby Kaidou » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:50 am

Lawrence L. H. D. Vdovushkin

April 29, 2009

8:46 PM

"Now, if you look here, hydrogen gas is being produced at the cathode as before, but at the anode, we have a different gas. Remember, dilute sodium chloride will produce hydrogen and oxygen, but concentrated sodium chloride will produce hydrogen and chlorine. It's simple: concentrated - chlorine."

9:01 PM

"It's crucial to remember that you can get both alkanes and alkenes by cracking an alkane, but you can only get alkenes when you crack alkenes. In question 6, Darren wrote that one product of the cracking of octene was ethane; that's why the bromination part of the question was incorrect."

9:15 PM

"A weak acid is one that partially dissociates in water to form H+ ions. It won't form ions in any other solvents as far as you're concerned; formic acid will also dissolve in benzene, but it won't form hydrogen ions, because the carboxyl group won't be ionised by benzene."

9:36 PM

"Potassium dichromate (VI) doesn't turn from green to orange; it's the other way round. Remember that acronym I mentioned at the beginning of the term? "DOG"? Don't forget that; it'll help you."

10:06 PM

The three hour study session was the last one held before the high school entrance exams. 2009 was a year where Lawrence was posted to a bottom-end graduating class. As far as the class as a whole was concerned, there was satisfactory progress throughout the year; still, there were three people at the bottom of the class who simply did not care. At least, until the last month leading up to the final exam.

Darren Tennison, index number 6; 29 out of 31 in class. Gerald Wertheimer, index number 14; 31 out of 31 in class. Jonathan Webb, index number 16; 30 out of 31 in class.

That night's cram session was the 38th that Lawrence had held throughout the year, and the 16th for those three. Towards the end of the final term, Lawrence had also taught maths to the class on request, given that the maths teacher (a dainty, 60 year old Taiwanese-American who was known simply as Mrs Soong; no student ever found out her full name) was also stretched to her very limit with her 6 classes.

Darren and Jonathan were simply very weak and inattentive, but Gerald was a different story; somehow, he was more of a delinquent than any other student that Lawrence had ever encountered in his then 9 year long career.

It wasn't like he came from an underprivileged background or anything; in fact, his mother was a big shot Forex trader who earned thousands of USD a week.

Regardless, Lawrence tried his best to treat him like any other member of the class.

Gerald remained a delinquent, running into trouble with the school authorities (getting four suspensions, and only being saved from expulsion on Lawrence's, Mrs Soong's, and a third teacher's appeal) all the way till the beginning of March; it was then that he suddenly experienced a change of heart and became serious.

His results at the preliminary examinations suggested a dark outcome.

PARADISE MIDDLE SCHOOL
REPORT CARD

Name: Gerald Ansel Wertheimer
Class: 3G-2
Sex: M
Index: 14

F | D | C | B | A | A (Merit)
English: C
Maths: F
Chemistry: D
Physics: F
Biology: F
Social Studies: F
History: F
Geography: B

Class position: 31/31
Conduct: Poor

Still, Lawrence never treated him any worse than he did the rest of the class. Some other teachers were willing to sacrifice delinquents like Gerald in favour of more serious students (and, Lawrence admitted, it was even more effective), but Lawrence never subscribed to such a philosophy.

If a class was to do well, it would do well as a whole as far as was possible.

10:16 PM

"Gerald..."

The boy turned to face Lawrence, who had taken a chair and sat down next to him. The other two had already left, their questions adequately answered for the time being.

Gerald was a muscular boy with a square jaw and small, hazel eyes; his skin was caramel brown despite him being an ethnic Austrian (though his family had lived in the States for six generations already), and his short brown hair was cropped at the sides, left a little longer at the top. He wore a pair of square wire glasses. When standing at his full height, he was at least a head taller than Lawrence, who already stood at a respectable 179cm.

"I'm done."

Lawrence shifted his chair closer.

"You're not. You can still salvage things with your two months of hard work. Realistically, you won't get to Paradise High School, but given the level of our standards, you should be able to get to a decent high school if you don't let up-"

"What makes you think so?"

Gerald gazed into Lawrence's fiery purple irises, before turning away jerkily. He violently wiped a mercenary tear off his cheek.

"My grades are still shit. Everyone tells me I'll end up as shit. What difference... will two months make?"

"You'd be surprised", said Lawrence, placing a comforting hand on Gerald's shoulder, only to have it slapped off by the boy's powerful forearm.

"What do you know? You overachieving asshole."

"Gerald..." Lawrence withdrew his hand slowly, not knowing how to react.

"No! You'll never understand! You got an easy magna cum laude, didn't you? What would you know about a bloody idiot like me?" The boy seized the pad of foolscap paper on his table and crushed it with one hand.

"Calm down. I'm a teacher; I've seen 9 batches of students already, and I can tell you-"

"What have you done? Nothing! I'm still shit after this whole year, no thanks to you and-"

Here, Lawrence completely lost it; he stood up so violently that his chair skidded into a nearby table in the classroom.

"I've put in a lot of effort this whole year", he screamed. "Don't you tell me I didn't try to help you!"

"Maybe you should have put in more effort!"

"Maybe you should have fucking studied and done something about your own damn life!!!"

The room fell into complete silence except for Lawrence's wrathful, heavy breathing and Gerald's sniffing. For ten seconds, the two faced each other in a tense, anguish-wrought atmosphere.

Eventually, Gerald took his bag, stood up, and bowed gently to Lawrence.

"I'm sorry", he said quietly, walking out of the room and gently shutting the door. With that, Lawrence took a few cold steps backward and sank back into his seat, sweat dribbling off his brow, his jugular vein throbbing and pulsating agonisingly.

That was the first time he had completely lost his temper as a teacher.

The next month passed in a stoic, emotionless silence. The high school entrance exams came and went. Results release day came. Students laughed, students cried, students cheered, students slumped back into their chairs, students wiped tears, students texted their parents; still, the whole of Class 3G-2 waited till the end of the staff meeting to thank their form teacher and to take one final picture

Only Gerald Ansel Wertheimer did not. During the result release period, he simply took his envelope from Lawrence, gently tore it open, glanced at the results slip briefly with an emotionless, unreadable countenance, and then walked out of the room without a single word.

That was the last time Lawrence ever heard of Gerald.

It was also what he considered to be his greatest failure.

The night of the last study session and the day of the results release were two blots that clawed at his mind till the present day.

"Don't worry too much about him. He has a tough constitution. Besides, I'm sure he'll remember you, even if he doesn't say anything."

"I suppose so. Still, Dr Yanagisawa... I can't help but feel as if I could have done just a little bit more for him..."

Class 3G-2 Year 2009
Form Teacher: Mr. Lawrence L. H. D. Vdovushkin

--
1- Alvin de Jong
2- Anselm Maris
3- Bella Telemann
4- Charles Castermann
5- Chōsuke Mio (三尾 長助)
6- Darren Tennison
7- Dominic Armitage
8- Francis Paulus
9- Frederic Lawliet
10- Gabriel Davidson
11- Gan Weijie (擀伟杰)
12- Gabrielle Conus
13- Gerald Connor
14- Gerald Wertheimer
15- Ingrid Dagursdóttir
16- Jonathan Webb
17- Junichirō Kusanagi (草薙 順一郎)
18- Karen Scotts
19- Kazuhiro Kubo (久保 和広)
20- Kendrick Letter
21- Laurent Smit
22- Lucille Mitchins
23- Nami Fujine (藤根 なみ)
24- Naomi Potter
25- Owen Erdinger
26- Queenie Unger
27- Saburō Shōji (東海林 三郎)
28- Samson Teng Juu (邓菊)
29- Teppei Hara (原 鉄平)
30- Vincent Clark
31- Winston Johnson
Last edited by Kaidou on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:04 am

Kaidou wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"But he isn't dead yet. Well, not in that sense."

Isaac pulled the book open, flipping through the pages till he came to the three that were there.

貴様名前は。

"A close translation for this one would be along the lines of "What the fuck is your name?". Though I'm sure it's slightly stronger in the original."

月を見上げ高まる。

" "Look up at the moon and rise". No idea what this is supposed to mean."

你在看什麼?

"Since you speak Chinese, I presume you know what this one means. This is the most bothersome one, if you ask me."

With that, the boy passed the book to the snake and took a step closer to the lake, his hands in his pockets. The wind became slightly weaker.

"Personally, I think the most logical interpretation is simply that my father was a deranged man. Occam's Razor."

"He said 'What are you looking at?'. Sketchy. Listen, don't talk back to this book or tell it your name or anything, Your father was a deranged man, that's a reasonable explanation. He's also a deranged stalker. Where is your father's body now?" She seemed quite disturbed by the message. The spirit could be watching them right at the moment.
"...Maybe we should tag along to Paris, we could probably get away from him at the moment."

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:09 am

Prusselanden wrote:"He said 'What are you looking at?'. Sketchy. Listen, don't talk back to this book or tell it your name or anything, Your father was a deranged man, that's a reasonable explanation. He's also a deranged stalker. Where is your father's body now?" She seemed quite disturbed by the message. The spirit could be watching them right at the moment.
"...Maybe we should tag along to Paris, we could probably get away from him at the moment."

Isaac Yanev

Isaac looked up at the sky sheepishly, his hands still buried deep into the pockets of his grey trousers. His snowy hair blew backwards courtesy of the wind in a Titanic-esque sort of manner.

"Well... his body was crushed into a mush..." he said, his voice trailing off, as if to spare the gruesome details. "More likely than not, knowing that hussy of a mad scientist who goes by Mrs Yanev, it's probably either been cremated or put into formaldehyde and stashed away in a cupboard somewhere."

He turned to face the snake, the direction his hair was flying in changing as he did so.

"I'm not sure how effective moving across the globe will be, but I don't suppose there's any harm in trying."

To: J. F. T. Burgdorf <theneanderthal@yahoo.com>
Cc: Y. Yanagisawa <yoshihiko_and_nami@gmail.com>, L. K. Soong <soonglikuo@gmail.com>, L. S. Putin <lovro_putin@yahoo.com>, L. L. H. D. Vdovushkin <lawrencelhdv_1978@gmail.com>, M. H. Schmidt <oniichan_333@gmail.com>
Subject: Principal

Dr. Miguel Fernandez will be retiring in December this year; my guess is that his successor as Principal will probably be Dr. Joash Brandt, the current Head of Department of Foreign Languages. If not him, then Mr. Adam Winter, Dean of Pupil Development.

Just thought you'd be interested.

- DP
Last edited by Kaidou on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:13 am

Kaidou wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"He said 'What are you looking at?'. Sketchy. Listen, don't talk back to this book or tell it your name or anything, Your father was a deranged man, that's a reasonable explanation. He's also a deranged stalker. Where is your father's body now?" She seemed quite disturbed by the message. The spirit could be watching them right at the moment.

Isaac Yanev

Isaac looked up at the sky sheepishly, his hands still buried deep into the pockets of his grey trousers. His snowy hair blew backwards courtesy of the wind in a Titanic-esque sort of manner.

"Well... his body was crushed into a mush..." he said, his voice trailing off, as if to spare the gruesome details. "More likely than not, knowing that hussy of a mad scientist who goes by Mrs Yanev, it's probably either been cremated or put into formaldehyde and stashed away in a cupboard somewhere."

He turned to face the snake, the direction his hair was flying in changing as he did so.

"I'm not sure how effective moving across the globe will be, but I don't suppose there's any harm in trying."

".....Your Mother's crazy as well? Wow....life must be rough at home. But y'see a spirit can't perform activity more than a few miles from its final resting place, so either he is a kind of tormenting spectre or something much much more sinister....and yeah, moving might give us some leverage over him."
You know what that really is, right? The handwriting of a biblical demon.

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:27 am

Prusselanden wrote:
Kaidou wrote:
Isaac Yanev

".....Your Mother's crazy as well? Wow....life must be rough at home. But y'see a spirit can't perform activity more than a few miles from its final resting place, so either he is a kind of tormenting spectre or something much much more sinister....and yeah, moving might give us some leverage over him."

"Perhaps. In any case, I'll probably find a day to burn this book, before it starts writing 'MENE MENE TEKEL PARSIN' all over it, or some dumb crap like that."

Isaac quietly walked back to where he had left his satchel. Adjusting the sleeves of his perfectly pressed grey blazer (which matched his trousers like a uniform), he quietly stood up.

"Now, let's see what the principal has to say now."

Vlamistaatti
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlamistaatti » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:03 am

Hedeon

Whitey haired male had finished his more or less fulfilling dinner and was already heading out from the cafetiere, till his ears caught Ruta's little vocal cry for everyone's up most attention. Voice had a odd echo to it as if it was coming from everywhere, no speakers either so magic based area-wide cast, figures. Since he could hear the presentation anyways no matter where he went, he figured to just keep on going while listening on what the speaker had to say. Something urgent it seemed given this out-of-nowhere and need to inform the whole collective simultaneously. Connected to the earlier screaming about Paris perhaps? He simply shrugged in his own lack of knowledge and exited the place.

Walking along the hallway one calm little step at the time, he was reminded of a certain something again. In moment his mind began to drift away..

Siberia, years ago..

"папа! папа~!" Said a little running ball of energy, that rather familiar snow white hair waving behind as the child ran eagerly towards a roughly middle-aged man with exhausted expression

"Haa.. I wonder why I even bother telling you to attend those compulsory classes, you'll just ran off anyways.." Man groaned in disappointment, scratch at his stubble before catching the overly energetic kid whom had just outright bounced at him. Kneeling little before standing back up with holding up the child now. Little chuckle escaping him before he all the sudden ruffled the kid's head, making said kid squeal out. "You know at this rate my back's going to be snapping in half."

"Am no' that fat! Hmpfh~!" Kid gave biggest pout imaginable for his little pinkish cheeks. In an instant however the mood changed from offended by accusations of extra weight to usual eagerness. "папа, посмотреть!" Child said before turning a little so his shoulder was now at the man's face and his own face towards the metallic wall of this large corridor they were located in. He brought both of his pale skinned thin arms out, palms wide open and setting them so his left was above the right. Eyes squinted he took deep breath in, and a short moment of absolute silence followed. Next a flicker, then a brighter one appeared in between his palms, third followup being like a short brief blaze of light, before there was a consistent little round'ish light hovering on the spot. Kid sighed, breathing in deep before turning to the adult with a somewhat cheeky like smirk.

The scruffy lab coat wearing man stared first at the cheeky little thing, then turning those dull brownish eyes of his towards the light, then back to the kid. Now it was his turn to give equally cheeky smile back, eyebrow cocking. "Hoo? Man of more 'scientific' applications like me is always as baffled by these little tricks you do.. Appears you have improved on it, or at least you don't pass out all the sudden anymore, hah." Man's brief obnoxious laughing was interrupted by heavy consistent foot steps echoing from the direction he was already heading towards.

Answer to those steps was answered shortly, as a figure in thick set of Russian Army styled body gear, with its camouflage tailored to suit more winter-like service environment. Strangely this apparently female figure wasn't wearing a helmet, in such revealing a rather naturally good looking face with a simplistic pixie cut styled dark brown hair and set of green deep eyes. "Aleksi. Been here wasting your time again' ye? Team needs you back at the excavation site, can't leave the bunch alone without their daddy you see.." - Lighting the mood with a giggle, her focus then for a moment set on the surprised child in man's arms, giving a little victory-sign at him and smiling. As one might expect the child gave an enthusiastic wave back at her. To this the male gave a very simple, yet such a deep groan, like being called back to work was the end of the world for him. So he sat the kid back on the floor and smoothed his coat. "Well then.. Let us go 'babysit' the bunch."

As the female soldier went ahead, the tired professor trailed behind with expression to match his mood. Alas, he stopped as on wall when we heard the squeaky high noise from behind "папа~? Can you hurry back so we could together to tad' Magus examinaititonin thingiewhatever~!" ...Eerie like silence followed, as if the very temperature had dropped to subzero levels on that instant, killing whatever positive mood there was beforehand. In a small head tilt the man glanced back at those hopefully flickering eyes of the demanding child, then just giving a sigh and with stern voice fitting that of one with clear authority "I am a busy man, as always." followed by his abrupt turn and heading away down the corridor.

Now that he thought about it more, the cool brick floor was awfully cold on exposed feet, given he forgot to shoes or even shocks on, in his overly extravagant urge to display that little light trick to the scruffy professor. Les it couldn't make him feel positive, now that he male had disappeared from sight, leaving just him to occupy the cool aired corridor section. He didn't quite know what to do now afterwards..

Glancing at the ceiling that shared the same harsh lifeless color with the heavy walls. That little but menacing pair of blood reddish eyes just plainly starting up high, without any understandable cause..

Indeed you are.. Dear Father, indeed..

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:37 am

Kaidou wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:".....Your Mother's crazy as well? Wow....life must be rough at home. But y'see a spirit can't perform activity more than a few miles from its final resting place, so either he is a kind of tormenting spectre or something much much more sinister....and yeah, moving might give us some leverage over him."

"Perhaps. In any case, I'll probably find a day to burn this book, before it starts writing 'MENE MENE TEKEL PARSIN' all over it, or some dumb crap like that."

Isaac quietly walked back to where he had left his satchel. Adjusting the sleeves of his perfectly pressed grey blazer (which matched his trousers like a uniform), he quietly stood up.

"Now, let's see what the principal has to say now."

"Kay kid, see you." The snake slithered away in search of mice.
Somewhow I have a bad feeling about this. How bout following him around for a while to make sure things stay ok?
"If you burn the book, will it really make it go away?"
Of course no one heard her, they would only hear a soft hiss in the grass.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:34 pm

At the center of the verdant courtyard from where the smooth and calm announcer's voice had called upon the islanders, Ruta continued to stand at attention, ready to relay his next set of words to the residents of mana. His dark blue eyes glinted in the morning sunlight, and his dark clothing heavily contrasted with the bright robes that many Nobleblooded students were wearing on this October day, making him stand out like an unwanted blotch of black in a rainbow of myriad colors.

"Excellent, it looks like half of you are actually awake." Ruta chuckled good naturedly after seeing that the attention of everyone in the courtyard (and beyond) was indeed focused on his person, his voice once again echoing through every corner of the island, fading out only past the shoreline.

"Hours ago, this Academy recieved an invitation from the International Council of Mages, and a certain French school of magic, to take part in a tournament overseas, wherein this Academy's finest fighters will compete in the sport of dueling against students of seven other countries. Every person, student and teacher, in this Academy, has by extension been invited as well to enjoy the festivities, along with the short break from classes here."

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Rhomaia wrote:At the center of the verdant courtyard from where the smooth and calm announcer's voice had called upon the islanders, Ruta continued to stand at attention, ready to relay his next set of words to the residents of mana. His dark blue eyes glinted in the morning sunlight, and his dark clothing heavily contrasted with the bright robes that many Nobleblooded students were wearing on this October day, making him stand out like an unwanted blotch of black in a rainbow of myriad colors.

"Excellent, it looks like half of you are actually awake." Ruta chuckled good naturedly after seeing that the attention of everyone in the courtyard (and beyond) was indeed focused on his person, his voice once again echoing through every corner of the island, fading out only past the shoreline.

"Hours ago, this Academy recieved an invitation from the International Council of Mages, and a certain French school of magic, to take part in a tournament overseas, wherein this Academy's finest fighters will compete in the sport of dueling against students of seven other countries. Every person, student and teacher, in this Academy, has by extension been invited as well to enjoy the festivities, along with the short break from classes here."

"..."

Natalie poked him. She was in her human form now, so she assumed he wouldn't have a problem. After all, it was just dolls he was scared of, and she'd made sure to put her doll form in a safe place where he couldn't see it before approaching.

"...Who's the 'finest fighters'?" she questioned. "Is Mama one?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Rhomaia wrote:At the center of the verdant courtyard from where the smooth and calm announcer's voice had called upon the islanders, Ruta continued to stand at attention, ready to relay his next set of words to the residents of mana. His dark blue eyes glinted in the morning sunlight, and his dark clothing heavily contrasted with the bright robes that many Nobleblooded students were wearing on this October day, making him stand out like an unwanted blotch of black in a rainbow of myriad colors.

Tournament?

Overseas?

Paris?

Soleil thought about what all of this meant. The students were going to be taking place in a battle royale. In Paris, in France, the home he wanted to stay away from so badly. His stomach began to knot, and he frowned. To the others, it may have seemed like a vacation. However, Soleil had come to see things the other way around, with his school being the vacation. He going home meant he would be under the watchful eye of his mother, and probably of any other relatives who knew he was home.

If he was unlucky enough, they may actually try to keep him at home. After all, he was not progressing in the Dark Arts at school-not that the school taught them anyway. If they saw he was still only making nice, pretty constructs, they would beat him like they did his cousin. He winced just thinking about it.

...But you have to go...your friends are probably going to be going, as will the teachers. Plus they need you.

Or do they?...I hope so...

He sighed and decided to adhere to his fate, except that he needed a plan. He needed to show his mother he was stronger than when he had first left for Mana. This plan would have to come later, and hopefully, before the tournament started.

With this, he turned to Aria and smiled. "...Well...I-I guess we better start packing, then...I-If you want any help, I can offer it to you..." he suggested, kindly. He hoped Sage would also take the incentive and offer to help, as well.
-Alan Jackson

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:01 pm

"K, fine. Ruta looks better today..." Ignis was still in her snake form and was peeking above the grass. "Wait-going away for at least a few days...that means getting a petsitter." She opened her phone and began to flip through an employment catalog to find one.
"Ah, here's one-Groott Skemander." She called him and began to arrange his weekend job.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse