NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:As Rabbit was thinking about these things, he arrived at the post office, and he checked the mail. Most of it seemed to be pretty routine things, except for one envelope. It was a heavy, cream-colored envelope, with "Invitation Only" written in large, fancy cursive on the front. "Oh! Hello...I suppose this must be important," he muttered. He then walked to the back of the building, toward Ruta's office, and he knocked on the door. "...Hello? Antonius? Are you awake?" he asked, quietly.

The sound of Rabbit's knock echoed throughout the deserted stone hallways, and seconds after they asked whether Ruta was awake, the door opened slowly to reveal the inside of Ruta's office, quiet as the old hunter himself often was.

The interior was mostly plain at first glace, with the walls painted a dark blue and two simple black sofas facing each other in the middle of the room, separated by a small coffee table of the same color. The floors, like most classrooms, was of well polished wood, and a black desk, also seemingly made of dark wood. An ornate painting of an aged old wizard in black robes hung on the wall behind Ruta's workspace, which was left quite bare save for a few tidy piles of papers and books, most of which were in either German, Polish, or some indecipherable runic language reminiscent of Ancient Greek or Old Norse. Either way, it all looked very presentable, almost as if the room was prepared for the Rabbit's arrival.

On one of the couches sat a crosslegged, pale faced woman clad in black and blue robes, with grayish black hair that reached just past her neck and covered the upper left part of her face where her left eye would have been, and the one eye she did have visible possessed an azure hue, almost identical to that of Ruta's. She had a rigid posture and a calm smile as the Rabbit arrived, but she said nothing to them, only giving an interested stare. Silent as the night, the woman remained.

Ruta, on the other hand, was standing up behind his desk with his head turned towards the woman, as if he had been conversing with her only moments before the masked professor showed themselves. Wearing his usual ebony robes emblazoned with the crescent moon, Ruta gave the Rabbit a small, but friendly smile, though his eyes still showed as many signs of fatigue, if not more than the last time the Rabbit had seen him. "Indeed I am, Professor. Come in." he said calmly, every word clear as could be.

The masked teacher walked in, at Ruta's reply, and handed him the letter. "I found this in the mail. It was addressed to the school, and I believe it's rather important. It does say it's an 'invitation-only' event," Rabbit explained. Once he had handed the letter to Ruta, he turned and looked toward the new woman. She secretly made him uneasy, as he noticed her pale skin, black robes, and her glowing blue eyes, signifying her status as a Jaëgar. "Ah, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but who is our new friend?" he inquired, curiously. She certainly was not any girlfriend of Ruta's. He had not had a girlfriend since...her. Thus, she had to be another Jaëgar that was being brought into the island to tighten the security. Ah, more Jaëgars to make me feel less at home here, Rabbit thought, gloomily.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Ignis looked around in the library and sniffed the air warily.
Great, another Jager....
She shook her head and began to search in book after book for an un-sleeping spell. She didn't dislike reading, but rather reading nonfiction. She desperately wanted to get out of this bore of a book and find a good novel, but then, there wasn't much of an other choice-either read or sleep through the whole winter. Finally, she came upon one piece.
"Hmm...Un-hibernation for Cold blooded Critters." She read it with intense focus.

1 hour later...
Ignis drank a cup of coffee on a bench and looked up at the colorful fall leaves with pleasure, forgetting about the new Jaeger.
What did the book say?
1. Smoke weed Drink caffeine everyday.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Luminesa wrote:The masked teacher walked in, at Ruta's reply, and handed him the letter. "I found this in the mail. It was addressed to the school, and I believe it's rather important. It does say it's an 'invitation-only' event," Rabbit explained. Once he had handed the letter to Ruta, he turned and looked toward the new woman. She secretly made him uneasy, as he noticed her pale skin, black robes, and her glowing blue eyes, signifying her status as a Jaëgar. "Ah, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but who is our new friend?" he inquired, curiously. She certainly was not any girlfriend of Ruta's. He had not had a girlfriend since...her. Thus, she had to be another Jaëgar that was being brought into the island to tighten the security. Ah, more Jaëgars to make me feel less at home here, Rabbit thought, gloomily.

"'Invitation Only'...Strange, sounds like we're being beckoned to some kind of social gathering..." Antonius mused as the cream colored envelope was passed to him, while the woman simply tilted her head in curiosity, like a kitten that was trying to comprehend some alien concept being shown to it.

Ruta held the envelope with both hands and gave it a slight look over after the Rabbit gave it to him. Transferring the object to his left hand, Ruta conjured a black knife in his right and cleanly, expertly, cut open the envelope, letting the weapon fade into dark mana and taking out the enclosed letter. Intently, he began to read what was written upon the invitation.

That was, until the Rabbit asked their next question and he had to take his eyes off of the text. Turning his gaze to the woman, he spoke his next words with a certain gentleness. "...You may speak freely here, fräulein...If you would, please introduce yourself to our guest."

At this, the woman stood to soldierly attention, as if roused by a drill sergeant at rollcall, with her hands placed firmly at her sides and her posture completely straight as she gazed directly at the Rabbit now. "My name is Ruby Kasoura. I will be serving as this Academy's Disciplinary Officer from this day forward." Ruby stated, her voice quiet, steady, and subdued as she gave the Rabbit a respectful bow, closing her one eye for not a moment in their presence.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:The masked teacher walked in, at Ruta's reply, and handed him the letter. "I found this in the mail. It was addressed to the school, and I believe it's rather important. It does say it's an 'invitation-only' event," Rabbit explained. Once he had handed the letter to Ruta, he turned and looked toward the new woman. She secretly made him uneasy, as he noticed her pale skin, black robes, and her glowing blue eyes, signifying her status as a Jaëgar. "Ah, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but who is our new friend?" he inquired, curiously. She certainly was not any girlfriend of Ruta's. He had not had a girlfriend since...her. Thus, she had to be another Jaëgar that was being brought into the island to tighten the security. Ah, more Jaëgars to make me feel less at home here, Rabbit thought, gloomily.

"'Invitation Only'...Strange, sounds like we're being beckoned to some kind of social gathering..." Antonius mused as the cream colored envelope was passed to him, while the woman simply tilted her head in curiosity, like a kitten that was trying to comprehend some alien concept being shown to it.

Ruta held the envelope with both hands and gave it a slight look over after the Rabbit gave it to him. Transferring the object to his left hand, Ruta conjured a black knife in his right and cleanly, expertly, cut open the envelope, letting the weapon fade into dark mana and taking out the enclosed letter. Intently, he began to read what was written upon the invitation.

That was, until the Rabbit asked their next question and he had to take his eyes off of the text. Turning his gaze to the woman, he spoke his next words with a certain gentleness. "...You may speak freely here, fräulein...If you would, please introduce yourself to our guest."

At this, the woman stood to soldierly attention, as if roused by a drill sergeant at rollcall, with her hands placed firmly at her sides and her posture completely straight as she gazed directly at the Rabbit now. "My name is Ruby Kasoura. I will be serving as this Academy's Disciplinary Officer from this day forward." Ruby stated, her voice quiet, steady, and subdued as she gave the Rabbit a respectful bow, closing her one eye for not a moment in their presence.

"Ah, I see! I am Professor Rabbit. It is a pleasure to meet you," Rabbit greeted her. He nodded to her, feeling slightly stiff as he realized he was right about her. She was indeed a Jaëgar, and even moreso she was the new Disciplinary Officer. She would probably be helping Ruta make his rounds around the school, and if Rabbit ever was found-out, this would mean twice the trouble for himself. He wondered how many more Jaëgars would be coming to this school in the coming months.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:The following months would be confusing to Henry. Undoubtedly, the "meteoric" fame he once had after the Signas incident came back stronger and solidified itself among the corridors of the Ignis dorms. For two times in two years, he battled against a more powerful being, and came out alive, and without major damages. Or that is what they thought.

During the next months, as Aria became more and more distant, Henry became more and more closed, reserving himself to few interactions among his old friends. He didn't know what to do to see the old, happy Aria back, and that thought haunted him. As the Academy grew stricter, Henry grew to be a more serious person, even occasionally helping Ruta in the nighttime patrols, and occasionally paying visits to Rabbit, someone he still trusted after the accident.

Now, he were observing the calm shores of the Academy. A slight beard was visible, product of his worries about what happened. However, he had a promise to fulfill, and he wouldn't give up on that. In due time, he would bring Aria back, and would stand for her, even if she didn't know about it.

Calmly sitting in the fountain at the early morning, he observed the weather around, with distant eyes, waiting for something to happen.

Soleil was walking silently by himself to class. He missed Ozzi, and Branduff, and Aiden. All his normal friends seemed to have disappeared, after the fight with Lynefleur, and now the ones he still had seemed more distant-with the exception of Kasumi, of course. However, as he walked from his dorm, he saw Henry sitting in front of the main building, by the fountain.

He was one of the people who had become more distant, recently. He wondered if maybe he could talk to him and see what was wrong with him. Walking over to him, he stood next to him, looking down at him as the sun shined down gently over them. "...G-Good morning, Henry...H-How are you?" he asked, softly.
-Alan Jackson

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Glinda the baby griffin cheeped and ran out of the barn, landing in a pile of leaves. Her injuries were now nearly noexistent, and she was ready to be returned to the wild. Ignis walked up to her and picked her up.
"Let's go find your Momma, kay?"
The small creature chirped and pawed at he face playfully.
"I just need to tell the principal I'm leaving for a while first." She went off to find one of the teachers, hopefully.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:The following months would be confusing to Henry. Undoubtedly, the "meteoric" fame he once had after the Signas incident came back stronger and solidified itself among the corridors of the Ignis dorms. For two times in two years, he battled against a more powerful being, and came out alive, and without major damages. Or that is what they thought.

During the next months, as Aria became more and more distant, Henry became more and more closed, reserving himself to few interactions among his old friends. He didn't know what to do to see the old, happy Aria back, and that thought haunted him. As the Academy grew stricter, Henry grew to be a more serious person, even occasionally helping Ruta in the nighttime patrols, and occasionally paying visits to Rabbit, someone he still trusted after the accident.

Now, he were observing the calm shores of the Academy. A slight beard was visible, product of his worries about what happened. However, he had a promise to fulfill, and he wouldn't give up on that. In due time, he would bring Aria back, and would stand for her, even if she didn't know about it.

Calmly sitting in the fountain at the early morning, he observed the weather around, with distant eyes, waiting for something to happen.

Soleil was walking silently by himself to class. He missed Ozzi, and Branduff, and Aiden. All his normal friends seemed to have disappeared, after the fight with Lynefleur, and now the ones he still had seemed more distant-with the exception of Kasumi, of course. However, as he walked from his dorm, he saw Henry sitting in front of the main building, by the fountain.

He was one of the people who had become more distant, recently. He wondered if maybe he could talk to him and see what was wrong with him. Walking over to him, he stood next to him, looking down at him as the sun shined down gently over them. "...G-Good morning, Henry...H-How are you?" he asked, softly.

Henry Von Kressel

Slightly turning his head to answer, he looked at Soleil. The boy, always trying to see the best in the people around him, once more tried to do it with Henry. And despite his sadness, Soleil wasn't guilty of what happened, and shouldn't receive some uneducated answer to his question.

"Good morning Soleil. And I'm... Normal."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil was walking silently by himself to class. He missed Ozzi, and Branduff, and Aiden. All his normal friends seemed to have disappeared, after the fight with Lynefleur, and now the ones he still had seemed more distant-with the exception of Kasumi, of course. However, as he walked from his dorm, he saw Henry sitting in front of the main building, by the fountain.

Henry Von Kressel

Slightly turning his head to answer, he looked at Soleil. The boy, always trying to see the best in the people around him, once more tried to do it with Henry. And despite his sadness, Soleil wasn't guilty of what happened, and shouldn't receive some uneducated answer to his question.

Worried for his friend, Soleil sat down next to him, placing his bag down beside him. "...Y-You haven't...been very...um...very cheery, lately...I-Is something wrong?...You're not...hurting, are you? A-Are you worried about something?" he asked, kindly. He hugged his legs, as he sat down, and waited to see how Henry would react. He was wondering if maybe he was bothering him, and if he should just leave before he bothered him too much.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Worried for his friend, Soleil sat down next to him, placing his bag down beside him. "...Y-You haven't...been very...um...very cheery, lately...I-Is something wrong?...You're not...hurting, are you? A-Are you worried about something?" he asked, kindly. He hugged his legs, as he sat down, and waited to see how Henry would react. He was wondering if maybe he was bothering him, and if he should just leave before he bothered him too much.

Henry Von Kressel

"No, I'm not hurting myself. Yes, there are many things wrong and yes, I'm worried."

Soon realizing that his answer was somewhat rough to his worried friend, Henry took a deep breath and once more answered his friend. It was clear that he was just worried about him after what happened in the Academy.

"Sorry Soleil, the last months were somewhat... Chaotic. My mind is somewhat occupied trying to make sense of it, so I can put myself back on track. You were just going to ask about it, right?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Worried for his friend, Soleil sat down next to him, placing his bag down beside him. "...Y-You haven't...been very...um...very cheery, lately...I-Is something wrong?...You're not...hurting, are you? A-Are you worried about something?" he asked, kindly. He hugged his legs, as he sat down, and waited to see how Henry would react. He was wondering if maybe he was bothering him, and if he should just leave before he bothered him too much.

Henry Von Kressel

"No, I'm not hurting myself. Yes, there are many things wrong and yes, I'm worried."

Soon realizing that his answer was somewhat rough to his worried friend, Henry took a deep breath and once more answered his friend. It was clear that he was just worried about him after what happened in the Academy.

"Sorry Soleil, the last months were somewhat... Chaotic. My mind is somewhat occupied trying to make sense of it, so I can put myself back on track. You were just going to ask about it, right?"

He nodded, anxiously. Maybe Henry was not angry at him. At least he wasn't telling him to go away, or he wasn't trying to. He simply gave him a small smile, showing him that he was willing to listen, if it made his friend feel better. "...I-I hope...I-I'm not bothering you...Y-You just seemed sad...I-If I'm being a bother, you can always just...tell me to leave..." he answered, quietly.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 pm

October 8th, 2016

Two months. That's how long it was after the Dark Mage incident. It seemed like it was just so....fast....but also slow at the same time. Each day, week, and month was just an agonizing moment for some of the students. Namely, Shaun. As time passed, the boy with the eyes of perfect shades of royal purple and the hair white as snow seemed to change. His grades were still among the highest and excelled greatly in class. But when out of class, he was a totally different person. He grew more distant. Reserved. Quite. His mood seemed unstable suddenly. Going from laughing and chatting with friends to suddenly snapping at them in harsh and critical ways. He was even called in by Shade for his sudden outburst to a fellow student to the point of making him cry. Though Shaun didn't really have an answer. If one were to look at the boy, he seemed more tired and irritated. Paler and a little smaller from what he was two months ago. Lunch was even more different. Each day, Shaun showed up less and less and even stopped eating large portions of food with being full after barely even eating a full plate.

The air that was suppose to be filled with calmness and relaxation was nothing but a mask to cover up the thick and heavy mist that blanketed the somber Solum. This morning, he decided to go to the lake. He didn't even bother to go to class today. Why would he? To do the same thing every day? Nothing was new, so missing out on something wasn't something that he worried about. If he even did worry about it. He passed the fountain and saw that Henry and Soleil were chatting; he softly growled before turning off and heading towards the shores of the lake.

Looking upon the clean, sparkling water of Lake Superior, Shaun walked closer to the shore until his feet were covered with water. He sat down and picked up the pebbles around him and threw it in the water. The soft sounds of the weak waves hitting the shore, the melodious songbirds in the forest singing their songs, the light and polite splash of the pebbles hitting the water was blissful to him. It seemed that this was the only peace for him.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine's recovery was hell. Since the fight, she was in constant pain. Even though her organs had been repaired, more subtle nerve damage persisted. Even with intense physical therapy with the staff of the infirmary, their were days when she found herself hardly able to walk. The only saving grace had been Aria, she had stayed true to her word. She was the light that Catherine clung to in the long night of her recovery. Aria took care of her, helped her with things that would have left her humiliated if it was anyone else. On bad days Aria helped Catherine dress, she helped her bathe. They were constantly intimate, but not in the sexual way of before the fight. Neither of them seemed to have any energy to devote to that kind of activity. Catherine had been entirely bed ridden for two weeks after the battle, but even during that time she continued to maintain her studies. Even while she was wracked with intense pain, and was sleeping less than three hours a night, she was able to keep up with her studies. Like many others though, she drew deeply into her self, rarely talking with anyone but the instructors or Aria.

Catherine woke on the morning of the 8th of October, doing what she could to ignore the near constant tingling, burn sensation in her limbs. Well, one limb was entirely devoid of feeling. For all that she had heard or read of phantom limb syndrome, it seemed that was at least one torture she had avoided. The hydraulic prosthetic arm that she could operate with her magic sat on her nightstand, next to the ornate eye patch she wore over the obsidian sphere that replaced her left eye. It was large and gaudy, but she like the aesthetic, and it covered more of the large scar than a normal eye patch would. Catherine pulled herself up right, back against the corner of the room, and reached out with shaking hand to the nightstand, but only succeeded in knocking them off of the surface. It looked like today was going to be a bad one. She looked over to where Aria was waking, a certain sadness, a longing in her eye.

"Ari, I'm not doing very well today. I'm going to need help."
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

He nodded, anxiously. Maybe Henry was not angry at him. At least he wasn't telling him to go away, or he wasn't trying to. He simply gave him a small smile, showing him that he was willing to listen, if it made his friend feel better. "...I-I hope...I-I'm not bothering you...Y-You just seemed sad...I-If I'm being a bother, you can always just...tell me to leave..." he answered, quietly.

Henry Von Kressel

"No, you're not bothering me Soleil. And... You can say I'm sad. It's just the current lack of good reasons to move me out of this mood that leaves me like that. One day things were fine and then... Well, no use crying over spilled milk. And... How did you passed the last months?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:44 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He nodded, anxiously. Maybe Henry was not angry at him. At least he wasn't telling him to go away, or he wasn't trying to. He simply gave him a small smile, showing him that he was willing to listen, if it made his friend feel better. "...I-I hope...I-I'm not bothering you...Y-You just seemed sad...I-If I'm being a bother, you can always just...tell me to leave..." he answered, quietly.

Henry Von Kressel

"No, you're not bothering me Soleil. And... You can say I'm sad. It's just the current lack of good reasons to move me out of this mood that leaves me like that. One day things were fine and then... Well, no use crying over spilled milk. And... How did you passed the last months?"

"...I-I...I guess I'm...the same as usual," he answered, thinking over the last couple of months. "...I-I've been training...just a little bit...I do want to get stronger...B-But...I-I've been worried about everyone here...E-Everyone...seems so sad...especially Aria...I just don't know...what to do..." he whispered, staring down at the grass as he spoke.
-Alan Jackson

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Lawrence Leopold Hatoyama Denisovich Vdovushkin

Clad in his usual office attire, and with his dated briefcase in his hand, Lawrence walked down the corridors of the school with the spring in his step that he'd not lost ever since he entered the profession as a novice 14 years ago. IT simply came naturally to him.

He couldn't quite remember what it was that was coming up. They did make some mention of it a few times, but perhaps he had been too busy with other things to take notice. Something about a tournament or something.

Ah well.

The chemistry teacher slowly came to a halt as he reached a part of the school were the lake was clearly visible from where he stood. The quietness of the unspoilt waters were a perfect catalyst for the uncontrollable processes of daydreaming and the like. It gave Lawrence an almost Zen-like calmness that allowed him to reflect on just about everything that could come to his mind. Both the dark and the happy.

Lawrence believed in God. He felt, with what he knew of the Universe, of Existence, and from his own feelings within his heart, that there had to be some higher power out there, one which had put every atom in its place. There was, to him, no other explanation.

As to the identity of that God... that was a different story entirely, one that Lawrence didn't want to speculate too much on. Humans tended to have this strange reliance on higher beings to solve every last problem for them when solutions could be found just in front of them.

Perhaps all this is meaningless in the end. But with such beauty as can be seen through our own individual methods, what's to stop us from creating meaning for ourselves?

"Mr Lawrence."

Lawrence whirled about. A student stood behind, with two papers in his hand.

Isaac had always maintained a sort of quiet distance from the rest of the class too; even from his roommate Dominique. He never asked questions during class, and always found ways to hunt down teachers after the lesson. Something about him didn't seem quite right, but then again, this was a magic school.

That's a shitty excuse not to try and help him while we're both here.

"Yes?" Lawrence smiled his signature, closed-mouth, ghostly smile.

"How do you calculate the concentration of the nitric acid here?"

Lawrence took the worksheet and scanned the question.

"It seems you've balanced the equation wrongly", the teacher explained, beckoning Isaac to follow him to a nearby bench that overlooked the lake. With a pencil in hand, Lawrence sat down and proceeded to explain the question to Isaac, who quietly sat down next to him.

"Here, the reaction is between nitric acid and calcium hydroxide. Remember that calcium is a Group II metal, not a Group I metal; it forms a 2+ charge, which means that the formula for calcium hydroxide is "Ca(OH)2", not "CaOH". This means you need two moles of nitric acid."

Isaac nodded and took the paper back. To Lawrence's surprise, the white haired boy redid the question in less than a minute, passing the paper back to him.

"You're not bad already", encouraged Lawrence, reading the answer and handing it back to the boy. "You just need to make sure your equations are balanced before you do the rest of the question."

Isaac nodded again, before taking the paper back, thanking the teacher quietly, and then leaving.

He has a sharp mind, but something tells me that he suffered a blow to his personality. I don't want to speculate, but I should probably try to keep an eye on him.

As for the rest of the classes, it seems that they are coming along decently. Aside from a few students, it seems that the majority are coping quite nicely. Of course, the topics we've done so far are relatively easy. We'll have to wait and see; if needed, I'll hold nighttime cram sessions if any of them are interested.

Next topic: Qualitative Analysis.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"...I-I...I guess I'm...the same as usual," he answered, thinking over the last couple of months. "...I-I've been training...just a little bit...I do want to get stronger...B-But...I-I've been worried about everyone here...E-Everyone...seems so sad...especially Aria...I just don't know...what to do..." he whispered, staring down at the grass as he spoke.

Henry Von Kressel

"I don't know as well. Pointless to say otherwise. But... I'm sure we'll find a way. We have to. Slightly changing topics, how is Kasumi doing?"

The topic of Aria was, without any doubt, a delicate one for Henry at that moment. He simply didn't know how to react, what to do, and even if he knew, how to do it. The whole confusion caused a slight discomfort in him, but nothing was perceptible in his face.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:43 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...I-I...I guess I'm...the same as usual," he answered, thinking over the last couple of months. "...I-I've been training...just a little bit...I do want to get stronger...B-But...I-I've been worried about everyone here...E-Everyone...seems so sad...especially Aria...I just don't know...what to do..." he whispered, staring down at the grass as he spoke.

Henry Von Kressel

"I don't know as well. Pointless to say otherwise. But... I'm sure we'll find a way. We have to. Slightly changing topics, how is Kasumi doing?"

The topic of Aria was, without any doubt, a delicate one for Henry at that moment. He simply didn't know how to react, what to do, and even if he knew, how to do it. The whole confusion caused a slight discomfort in him, but nothing was perceptible in his face.

Soleil smiled, when Henry mentioned Kasumi. She had certainly come along for the better in the last couple of months, unlike many of Soleil's classmates. "...Sh-She's good...She's...much happier than she used to be...Ms. Lockett helped her to...rehabilitate...so now she's healthy again..." he answered. He was still worried for Aria, however, and Henry changing the subject only made him wonder more about how she was doing. He made a mental note to go check on her later.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Soleil smiled, when Henry mentioned Kasumi. She had certainly come along for the better in the last couple of months, unlike many of Soleil's classmates. "...Sh-She's good...She's...much happier than she used to be...Ms. Lockett helped her to...rehabilitate...so now she's healthy again..." he answered. He was still worried for Aria, however, and Henry changing the subject only made him wonder more about how she was doing. He made a mental note to go check on her later.

Henry Von Kressel

"It's good to know that she's fine. I remember a few things from the infirmary. I haven't seen much of her since that day, but... I'm mostly keeping to myself for the last months. It's good to know that she's fine."

Wish I could say the same about the same about me. I wish I could say the same about... Almost everybody. You know who you are thinking about, Henry. But that won't help you, or her. Get up, stand up, make a stand. Why is it so hard to do it? Where I have lost that will I had.

"Sorry to abandon you Soleil, but... I need to take a walk. Send Kasumi my regards."

With that, Henry got up from the fountain, walking away from his friend. He needed someplace quiet where he could appreciate the silence, and the benefits it brought him.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:06 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Sage

Seeing that Soleil was now alone, the girl decided it was time to approach her role model. "Good morning, Soliel. Did you sleep well?" Sage greeted him, smiling softly. "I'm still finding it difficult to rest, even after all of this time. The sounds of nature here are very different from the screams that I'm used to."
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:24 am

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil smiled, when Henry mentioned Kasumi. She had certainly come along for the better in the last couple of months, unlike many of Soleil's classmates. "...Sh-She's good...She's...much happier than she used to be...Ms. Lockett helped her to...rehabilitate...so now she's healthy again..." he answered. He was still worried for Aria, however, and Henry changing the subject only made him wonder more about how she was doing. He made a mental note to go check on her later.

Sage

Seeing that Soleil was now alone, the girl decided it was time to approach her role model. "Good morning, Soliel. Did you sleep well?" Sage greeted him, smiling softly. "I'm still finding it difficult to rest, even after all of this time. The sounds of nature here are very different from the screams that I'm used to."

Soleil watched Henry walk away, disheartened. He seemed to have plenty on his mind, as did everyone else. It was almost as though a large, grey storm cloud was looming over the school, heavy with everyone's sadness, fear, and anxiety. If only there was some way they could relieve that heavy, musky atmosphere...

"Oh! H-Hi, Sage!...Um..." He thought for a minute before he continued, and a thought came to him. "...Sage?...I-I think it's time that...w-we talk about...making other people happy. S-Since I'm supposed to be your...your teacher...I'm going to teach you how to do things to...make other people happy...t-to cheer them up, when they're sad," he began. He then nodded toward the kitchen in the main building, and began to walk there.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Annice Null

Oddly, Annice seemed to be doing better after the battle. For her, it was a moment that showed that she was still useful. And, for her, it was almost a return to normalcy. Then greater discipline at the school suited her just fine, and she often joined the patrol groups. Annice had also replaced that dark witch as Ruta's assistant form combat classes. She was hard on the other students, but never unfair. She certainly didn't want them to go through the things she experienced in training. She certainly didn't feel that beatings would help anything. In what spare time she had, she had continued to practice her enchantment, and had finished her work for Hailey, Kate, and Alli. Here grades where never the best, except in combat classes, but they were steadily getting better. She had mostly stopped wearing her full armor, preferring to were just the ballistic body suit, a layer of chain, then robes from her order.

This Morning, she was up early for a light jog around the campus, wearing the robes, since it was starting to get pretty cold on the island. Maybe she would try to hunt down Alli after wards, or try to run into him on her path. Even encumbered by the robes and chain, she kept up a good pace as she moved through the campus, then out to the shore. She hated being in the forest, so she stuck to the campus and the shore line of the school.

Hailey Winters

For Hailey, the last 2 months had been business as usual, she and Kate had deepened their relation ship, and where definitely a "thing" people occasionally talked about. Even with how Shaun was starting to change, she hung out with him fairly regulary, some times training with him, other times just watching movies or playing games with him and Kate. She was never the best student, and her grades were decidedly average, but her skill with magic was growing quickly. Overall, she was fairly happy.

Kate was starting to wake, just after Hailey had. Seeing her sit up, Hailey, still in her traditional sleeping garb, just panties, leapt off of the bed and pratically tackled Kate with hug, before planting a kiss on her cheek. Hailey felt happy this morning, and it showed in her beaming smile.

"Morning Red, did you sleep well?"
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Ignis left a note on her class room and left Cheese in charge of assisting any students in need of help. She made sure to tell him a detailed description of what to do and left after a few hours of talking to him, much to Cheese's relief. She also had Black send a note to Ruta notifying him of her absence.
Dear Mr. Ruta.
I'll be out for a few hours on a release trip. If you need me, call my number 834-567-930. Sorry for my absence. Sincerely, Albrecht.

Meanwhile...
Ignis walked through the woods. "Griffins mostly live on plains and wide open spaces. According to some calculations and research data this island here should be your home." She pointed to an island in the lake Superior, not far from Mana. "How we're gonna get there? I bet one of our lake friends could get us there.." Glinda looked up and cocked her head. Ignis picked her up again. "Well, let's go."
Last edited by Prusselanden on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Sage

Soleil watched Henry walk away, disheartened. He seemed to have plenty on his mind, as did everyone else. It was almost as though a large, grey storm cloud was looming over the school, heavy with everyone's sadness, fear, and anxiety. If only there was some way they could relieve that heavy, musky atmosphere...

"Oh! H-Hi, Sage!...Um..." He thought for a minute before he continued, and a thought came to him. "...Sage?...I-I think it's time that...w-we talk about...making other people happy. S-Since I'm supposed to be your...your teacher...I'm going to teach you how to do things to...make other people happy...t-to cheer them up, when they're sad," he began. He then nodded toward the kitchen in the main building, and began to walk there.

Sage

"You want to teach me how to cheer others?" Sage inquired, walking with Soleil toward the kitchen. "I'm sorry, Soleil. But, I'm not sure if it's even necessary to teach that to me. After all, anyone with just a sliver of common sense should be able to figure out what makes a person happy, right? I've just never cared to try."
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:12 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Hailey Winters

For Hailey, the last 2 months had been business as usual, she and Kate had deepened their relation ship, and where definitely a "thing" people occasionally talked about. Even with how Shaun was starting to change, she hung out with him fairly regulary, some times training with him, other times just watching movies or playing games with him and Kate. She was never the best student, and her grades were decidedly average, but her skill with magic was growing quickly. Overall, she was fairly happy.

Kate was starting to wake, just after Hailey had. Seeing her sit up, Hailey, still in her traditional sleeping garb, just panties, leapt off of the bed and pratically tackled Kate with hug, before planting a kiss on her cheek. Hailey felt happy this morning, and it showed in her beaming smile.

"Morning Red, did you sleep well?"
Katelyn squeaked as she usually did when she received unexpected tacklehugs, and then started giggling, blushing when Hailey kissed her. She was still a little embarrassed by Hailey's choice of nightwear, but that was up to Hailey, after all. "Good morning, Hailey," she replied, still giggling. "I slept great! How about you?"

Yeah, still not telling her about that dream.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Luminesa wrote:Soleil watched Henry walk away, disheartened. He seemed to have plenty on his mind, as did everyone else. It was almost as though a large, grey storm cloud was looming over the school, heavy with everyone's sadness, fear, and anxiety. If only there was some way they could relieve that heavy, musky atmosphere...

Sage

"You want to teach me how to cheer others?" Sage inquired, walking with Soleil toward the kitchen. "I'm sorry, Soleil. But, I'm not sure if it's even necessary to teach that to me. After all, anyone with just a sliver of common sense should be able to figure out what makes a person happy, right? I've just never cared to try."

He blinked, and he thought for a moment. "...W-Well...actually...every person is...i-is different. What might make me happy...might not make A-Aria happy...Sh-She might like things that...you and I don't like...Sh-She wears red, but...I wear green. Things like that," he explained. His eyes then lit up, as he headed toward the cafeteria. "B-But because we don't know what she likes...for now...w-we can surprise her with something nice! S-Sometimes if you do nice little things for people, b-but they don't know about it...they like that." He then opened the door to the cafeteria, and approached the chef. "...Ex-Excuse me, sir..." he called to him.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse