NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:55 am

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

Allistor can't help but chuckle to himself. "So that's what you're hiding from me. I was wondering what's that pink bunch behind your back." He kneeled down on one knee and took the bouquet of pink carnations from Soleil. They were freshly picked, as he can see. They still have some morning dew on those soft, fluffy and wrinkled petals. The scent was sweet and mild, refreshing in fact, that brings back some memories. "I remember my mother planting a lot of these in the gardens of Schönbrunn. We have a tradition of giving these on Mother's Day. I can't forget the time when I snuck into the gardens late at night, the night before Mother's Day, and went back covered in mud and scratches just to give her these flowers."

"Father scolded me, even nearly got me punished for such behavior, but mother cried. I was crying too, mainly because of the fear of getting disciplined once again, but the sight of mom hugging me, in her clean and pristine nightgown, made me cry so much more." Allistor looked at Soleil and smiled. "Thank you Soleil. Come here, let me hug you." He opened his arms and enclosed Soleil into a tight yet warm hug, the bouquet still in his hands. "I will come back, I promise. I might not be the best mage out there, nor the strongest nor the smartest nor the most skilled, but it is my duty to raise the banners of war. Against your family... No, they're not your family... Against the people that hurt you and have led Europe down to chaos." Allistor pulled away and smiled at the young Rise heir. "I'm your older brother now, after all. And as your brother, it is my duty to defend and protect you, no matter what."

Soleil remembered picking flowers for his own mother, as a child. He would walk through the woods and find as many wildflowers as he could find. Simple gifts, to bring simple happiness. Yet his own mother had never accepted them. As much as she may have liked to receive flowers once, her life revolved around destroying his, for the “honor” of the family. Thus the boy’s outstretched hand had always been left reaching for nothing. Yet now, Allistor graciously accepted the flowers, smiling sweetly to Soleil as he accepted them and told of how his mother cried when she received flowers from her own son. He tried to imagine it, and failed. Yet that did not matter.

Allistor pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly, showing his gratitude for such a pleasant gift. Meanwhile, Soleil closed his eyes and happily let the warmth of his friend’s embrace cloak him. “...Yes...You are my family now...I’d...happily throw away my heritage, if it meant I could start over...as a member of another family...but I can’t...I have to create a new family...a family that...one day...my children will be proud of...and so I’m...happy...to have an older brother like you...” He tried to keep from crying. He wanted Allistor to remember him as strong, not as a crying child who was so timid and sensitive. Yet that was Soleil. Thus the tears began to flow. “...Wh-When you come home...we’ll...w-we’ll be a proper family...and...a-and...I won’t be alone anymore...” Still smiling, he let the tears flow freely now, even as his voice broke. “...S-So...you can’t die...y-you have to save Europe from my aunt...a-and then...you have to come home...o-okay?...”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 am

After a few hours of venting, Oliver had fallen asleep.
He woke up several times throughout the night, as usual, either to go to the toilet, or do other things such as the distillation of yet more alcohol.
Somehow, he had slowed down a bit since he came here.
Whether it was because of his bad trips through his memories or because of his liver, he wouldn't tell anyone. Nor could he even find a correct answer if he did choose to.
He seemed to have started binging tea after realizing that he had gone through yet another trip.
That change came relatively fast, in just a matter of hours, he decided to drop it. Of course, he'd go through several phases and binge alcohol again every once in a while.

He was still in the middle of the distillation process when morning came. Begnion greeted him by pawing at his legs and asking to be pat through that medium.
It was one of the many morning rituals that had occurred throughout the four months. Progressively, the two understood each other simply by looking at each other, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if they could understand each other without even doing that by the end of the year.
Of course, that was assuming he'd survive, given the condensed amount of problems Oliver had to put up with in just two days, he found himself some dreading the future.

Yet he didn't let that bring him down, nothing ever had for any select period of time, besides depression. He wouldn't let that bring him down, after all, death has never been a problem.
He still needed to eat though, and it was harshly reminded to him by the low grumbling in his stomach.
For a second, Oliver wondered, how long had it been since he had last ate? Six, maybe sixteen hours? In fact, he hadn't eaten in around twenty four hours, everything that had been in his stomach was now essentially gone.
And of course, for someone that used so much mana all the time, that wasn't good at all.
So he thought of the only course of action available to him at that time, and he went to the cafeteria.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Valerie Teichmüller

Valerie quietly watched the exchange between Allistor and Soleil and hesitated to interject in what would be a heartwarming moment for her. That is, if she was able to feel that sort of emotion at all. It seemed appropriate to let the two have their moment together, given that Soleil was more familiar with Allistor than she was. Valerie thought about leaving when the tears began to fall on Soleil's part, but she had said she would accompany him and so she remained. Figuring now was as good a time as any to say her part, she spoke up.

"I wish you safe travels and good luck." Valerie said with a nod. She wasn't sure what else to say and let Soleil and Allistor resume their moment.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:19 am

Saleon wrote:Amanda Stradt
The Storyteller
Outside the Aquo Building

Luminesa wrote:"...I-Is that...Ink-magic?..." Ambrosia was awestruck by the strange phenomenon that unfolded in front of her. Then she made the connection in her mind, as she remembered the little pictures, also made from ink, that she had seen on the floor of the teacher's room. When she saw the construct form into an umbrella as well, she was also impressed. Such Magic she never knew actually existed. Yet the elegance of the ink, as it swirled around and then formed promptly into an umbrella large enough to cover both of them. "...That's so cool! I've never seen that before!...A-Also thank you, um...we can walk around the school like this...even if I can't be in the sunlight, I'd like to at least be outside...I don't want to leave behind the beautiful things around me, because I'm a vampire now..." she answered gratefully. With that, she began to wheel her along the path. "...So where do you wanna go first?" she inquired.
"Yes it is," Amanda affirmed, a little cheekily, "The umbrella isn't too difficult to make. It is more an advanced form of Aquo magic, manipulating water, along with parchment, to create constructs and entities. At the most, it is using the essence of ink---of creativity and of instilling emotional energy into one's creation--- to form physical objects." She rambles a little, but her magic is a bit of a pride for her.

The umbrella, in particular, was well-designed. It had a distinct french feeling to it. It had a pointed tip at the top, and a classic hooked handle. The shade of the umbrella coming from an intricate design filled with slight variations of black. Amanda turns to Ambrosia, "I hope you like it. I can't do much about the color. There is some coloration I can do, but it requires a lot of mana that doesn't usually have much purpose." She looked at the umbrella, "maybe it gives you a... 'cool' edge? Well, either way, it helps."

She then looks up a bit, getting a glimpse of the blue sky. It was nice to be out of her stuffy room. "And fall is right on the heels. I've been gone too long. Feels weird," She says, thinking out loud.

She then looked back to Ambrosia, "I could use some conversation between others. Hmm.... I could hunt down those who aren't studying and show them the pain by which I can force them to succumb to... or we could look for some of your classmates and drop in for a surprise. Or whatever. I don't have much in the way of plans."

“...Hm...Well I’m not a Water Mage, unfortunately, I’m a Fire Mage...but that still is quite pretty...” Ambrosia examined the umbrella, while Professor Stradt talked at length about how to create it. She had never heard of the method of making constructs out of parchment, but she supposed that anything was possible. She then took it in her hand, and twirled the umbrella around, watching as the elaborate designs spun around over her head. “The color is fine...black goes with everything, and the lacy design will match most of my dresses. Though...I’m pretty sure that this will only last as long as your strength allows you, right? Isn’t that how all constructs kinda work?” she questioned. Nevertheless she liked the pretty ornament, and it kept her head cool through its Magic, thus she was happy. When she finished twirling it, she turned to Ambrosia and asked, “...Do you want to talk to anyone in particular?...Most of the students probably aren’t awake yet, but I’ll be happy to go find anyone you wanna talk to...and then maybe you could help me train for the exam coming up!” she suggested suddenly. She then hopped in front of her hopefully, and clasped her hands together, imploring her to listen. “Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssse?”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Shaun Calhoun

The previous night was a quiet and peaceful one. Although at the same time it was stressful and anxious. Though the latter of those two were only found to be inside of the mind of Shaun as he laid down in his bed with an opened book in his lap. The cool breeze of the AC rubbing against his bare legs as he was wearing only blue and white boxer shorts. The feeling of this cool breeze as well as the feeling of anxiety made his leg hairs stand up.

Yet all the while this happened, there was something else going on. There was another body inside of his room accompanied him for the night. Allistor rested beside him as well to assist him in his research and studies for the upcoming exams. Shaun quietly listened and took down notes as Allistor spoke to him about magical theory and other convoluted magical things. The latter had the skill of taking such confusing topics and words and turning them into laymen and common terms that was easier for people to understand.
But as he listened and took notes on paper, Shaun also took another set of notes. Mental ones. Though... They were more like snapshots and videos instead of notes. He slowly began to grow to appreciate this.

The scent of Allistor's natural smell and blueberry lavender bathwash. The soft European accent of the Austrian filled his ears and sent small trimmers down his spine as he spoke. He sounded so calm. So relaxed yet at the same time eagar to speak and teach him. His gray eyes which would normally show everyone around him a great sense of pride. Of intimidation and ferocity as he looked at them. The gazes and looks of a Nobleblood. Those same gray eyes were now warm and bright as the moonlight on a pitch black night itself. And his slicked raven hair looking messy yet attractive at the same time. The soft pink hue in his cheeks counterbalanced the paleness of his skin when embarrassed or flustered. And the warmth of his gentle and soft touches when Allistor held his hands. Cradled him in his arms like an irreplaceable treasure when in reality it was all just a simple hug as a signal of friendly or amourous gesture.

These were all the simple things that meant more to Shaun. And the idea of all of it just disappearing within a blink of an eye was too much to handle. He had already experienced that feeling of despair and wouldn't know what were to happen if this were to happen again. And thus, he took remembrance of these simple actions for if anything were to happen to Allistor, then he could just replay this time together specifically in his head. Or maybe in an ironic twist of events, these same memories would be his downfall. But either way, he didn't want to think of anything like that. For now, Shaun wanted to focus on the present. Just in case.

. . . . .

The sun softly rose from over the horizon. Its weak rays of light having such a great impact on almost everyone that it touched. Shaun himself- now wearing a white tank top as the coolness of the autumn night and the AC proved to be too much for him- slept peacefully. He remained under the arms of Allistor who offered to stay the night to help him study. As he breathed in and out the smell of blueberries and lavender filled his nose. The sounds of a heavier snoring overshadowed his own. And the feeling of warmth and softness and gentleness as it cradled him comforted Shaun even more. This feeling felt amazing. Like this was what eternal bliss and pleasure felt like. He didn't want it to end. He wanted to stay like this forever.

Although he knew all too well that forever doesn't last forever. A soft yet sudden knock on his door caused Shaun to quickly shoot his head up in a small state of panic and anxiety as he felt a rather large amount of weight lifting off of his body. Out of his groggy and blurred vision the outline of Allistor's tall, lanky body. He groaned and buried his head bacm into his pillow as this sudden change in temperature and weight made him irritated.

However he listened to the voices being exchanged and soon recognized it as no other than Soleil. He listened to the dialogue between him and Allistor and smiled to himself. Yet he still wasn't in the mood for getting out of bed so early. Looking at the blurry figures at his door, Shaun chuckled softly and in a hoarse voice due to the side effects of still being drowsy spoke to the three.
"Um, hey... Its nice to see you all be nice and emotional for one another, but why must you do it at..." He looked at the alarm clock beside his bedside and growled, "6 in the morning; and in my door nonetheless?" As serious as his words were he conveyed a sense of amusement to them. "Now would you all like to come in and come to bed with me so we can discuss this or would you like to stay outside and do it? As long as you close my door please." He then weakly laughed before burying his face back into the pillows and groaning to himself.

What a great way to start the day.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Amanda Stradt
The Storyteller

Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:"Yes it is," Amanda affirmed, a little cheekily, "The umbrella isn't too difficult to make. It is more an advanced form of Aquo magic, manipulating water, along with parchment, to create constructs and entities. At the most, it is using the essence of ink---of creativity and of instilling emotional energy into one's creation--- to form physical objects." She rambles a little, but her magic is a bit of a pride for her.

The umbrella, in particular, was well-designed. It had a distinct french feeling to it. It had a pointed tip at the top, and a classic hooked handle. The shade of the umbrella coming from an intricate design filled with slight variations of black. Amanda turns to Ambrosia, "I hope you like it. I can't do much about the color. There is some coloration I can do, but it requires a lot of mana that doesn't usually have much purpose." She looked at the umbrella, "maybe it gives you a... 'cool' edge? Well, either way, it helps."

She then looks up a bit, getting a glimpse of the blue sky. It was nice to be out of her stuffy room. "And fall is right on the heels. I've been gone too long. Feels weird," She says, thinking out loud.

She then looked back to Ambrosia, "I could use some conversation between others. Hmm.... I could hunt down those who aren't studying and show them the pain by which I can force them to succumb to... or we could look for some of your classmates and drop in for a surprise. Or whatever. I don't have much in the way of plans."

“...Hm...Well I’m not a Water Mage, unfortunately, I’m a Fire Mage...but that still is quite pretty...” Ambrosia examined the umbrella, while Professor Stradt talked at length about how to create it. She had never heard of the method of making constructs out of parchment, but she supposed that anything was possible. She then took it in her hand, and twirled the umbrella around, watching as the elaborate designs spun around over her head. “The color is fine...black goes with everything, and the lacy design will match most of my dresses. Though...I’m pretty sure that this will only last as long as your strength allows you, right? Isn’t that how all constructs kinda work?” she questioned. Nevertheless she liked the pretty ornament, and it kept her head cool through its Magic, thus she was happy. When she finished twirling it, she turned to Ambrosia and asked, “...Do you want to talk to anyone in particular?...Most of the students probably aren’t awake yet, but I’ll be happy to go find anyone you wanna talk to...and then maybe you could help me train for the exam coming up!” she suggested suddenly. She then hopped in front of her hopefully, and clasped her hands together, imploring her to listen. “Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssse?”
Amanda looked on as Ambrosia inspected the umbrella. It had a sort of goth lolita appeal, something a student once described the teacher as. Her dresses, mannerisms. Said student went through intensive training and 'shaped up' quite quickly. It involved Amanda "breathing fire like a dragon. Her eyes could leave a sober eye to a mighty giant." The scene was silent. To an outsider, Amanda might have looked like a small tiger, one that could fit in a palm. Of course, other students realized she was not to be messed with when she summons an army of crows or an army of knights. She has an air to her because of it.

"Hmmm, the umbrella isn't even a drip in the pool for me. Or an ocean..." Amanda said, reassuring her. She put her pointer finger across her chin, tapping it; pondering over the idea.

Ambrosia then twirled the umbrella one more time then turned to the teacher, "...Do you want to talk to anyone in particular?...Most of the students probably aren’t awake yet, but I’ll be happy to go find anyone you wanna talk to...and then maybe you could help me train for the exam coming up!"

"Well, yes, both would be---"

"Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssse..."

"My gosh, you are trying the googly eyes..." Amanda said with a dry tone of sarcasm. It sends into her a spate of resistance that comes out, "well... if you study hard and find me a good set of students to terrorize may I even consider!" --she cleared her throat--- "sorry, we can do both. let's find someone. Anyone. Could be someone you know, maybe someone you have been wanting to know but never got to say hi around."
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:53 am

Saldinado wrote:Shaun Calhoun

The previous night was a quiet and peaceful one. Although at the same time it was stressful and anxious. Though the latter of those two were only found to be inside of the mind of Shaun as he laid down in his bed with an opened book in his lap. The cool breeze of the AC rubbing against his bare legs as he was wearing only blue and white boxer shorts. The feeling of this cool breeze as well as the feeling of anxiety made his leg hairs stand up.

Yet all the while this happened, there was something else going on. There was another body inside of his room accompanied him for the night. Allistor rested beside him as well to assist him in his research and studies for the upcoming exams. Shaun quietly listened and took down notes as Allistor spoke to him about magical theory and other convoluted magical things. The latter had the skill of taking such confusing topics and words and turning them into laymen and common terms that was easier for people to understand.
But as he listened and took notes on paper, Shaun also took another set of notes. Mental ones. Though... They were more like snapshots and videos instead of notes. He slowly began to grow to appreciate this.

The scent of Allistor's natural smell and blueberry lavender bathwash. The soft European accent of the Austrian filled his ears and sent small trimmers down his spine as he spoke. He sounded so calm. So relaxed yet at the same time eagar to speak and teach him. His gray eyes which would normally show everyone around him a great sense of pride. Of intimidation and ferocity as he looked at them. The gazes and looks of a Nobleblood. Those same gray eyes were now warm and bright as the moonlight on a pitch black night itself. And his slicked raven hair looking messy yet attractive at the same time. The soft pink hue in his cheeks counterbalanced the paleness of his skin when embarrassed or flustered. And the warmth of his gentle and soft touches when Allistor held his hands. Cradled him in his arms like an irreplaceable treasure when in reality it was all just a simple hug as a signal of friendly or amourous gesture.

These were all the simple things that meant more to Shaun. And the idea of all of it just disappearing within a blink of an eye was too much to handle. He had already experienced that feeling of despair and wouldn't know what were to happen if this were to happen again. And thus, he took remembrance of these simple actions for if anything were to happen to Allistor, then he could just replay this time together specifically in his head. Or maybe in an ironic twist of events, these same memories would be his downfall. But either way, he didn't want to think of anything like that. For now, Shaun wanted to focus on the present. Just in case.

. . . . .

The sun softly rose from over the horizon. Its weak rays of light having such a great impact on almost everyone that it touched. Shaun himself- now wearing a white tank top as the coolness of the autumn night and the AC proved to be too much for him- slept peacefully. He remained under the arms of Allistor who offered to stay the night to help him study. As he breathed in and out the smell of blueberries and lavender filled his nose. The sounds of a heavier snoring overshadowed his own. And the feeling of warmth and softness and gentleness as it cradled him comforted Shaun even more. This feeling felt amazing. Like this was what eternal bliss and pleasure felt like. He didn't want it to end. He wanted to stay like this forever.

Although he knew all too well that forever doesn't last forever. A soft yet sudden knock on his door caused Shaun to quickly shoot his head up in a small state of panic and anxiety as he felt a rather large amount of weight lifting off of his body. Out of his groggy and blurred vision the outline of Allistor's tall, lanky body. He groaned and buried his head bacm into his pillow as this sudden change in temperature and weight made him irritated.

However he listened to the voices being exchanged and soon recognized it as no other than Soleil. He listened to the dialogue between him and Allistor and smiled to himself. Yet he still wasn't in the mood for getting out of bed so early. Looking at the blurry figures at his door, Shaun chuckled softly and in a hoarse voice due to the side effects of still being drowsy spoke to the three.
"Um, hey... Its nice to see you all be nice and emotional for one another, but why must you do it at..." He looked at the alarm clock beside his bedside and growled, "6 in the morning; and in my door nonetheless?" As serious as his words were he conveyed a sense of amusement to them. "Now would you all like to come in and come to bed with me so we can discuss this or would you like to stay outside and do it? As long as you close my door please." He then weakly laughed before burying his face back into the pillows and groaning to himself.

What a great way to start the day.

Soleil had buried his face in Allistor’s shoulder for some time, simply wishing he could hug his “brother” forever. The scars on his back did not hurt when Allistor hugged them, nor did his arms sting or his face hurt. The sort of closeness he had wanted forever, he now had with two of his older classmates. They were truly a band of brothers, and Soleil regretted at the very least not being able to convince Tsukiyomi to let him fight alongside Allistor. Yet she was much wiser than he, and understood that he would not last very long in a fight against his Aunt. He could only hope to be present for him when he returned, safely and happily.

As for Shaun, who he was not in danger of losing, he felt peace hearing his soft, grumpy voice asking him why he was bothering them at six in the morning. He looked up for a moment, while still hugging Allistor, and smiled tearfully at Shaun. Shaun had of course been the first to truly comfort him, having seen the fullness of his physical brokenness and yet not running away from him. He had felt each individual scar on his back, and had never pushed him away. Thus, simply hearing his voice caused for his heart to blossom quietly, and he looked at Shaun for a few moments before closing his eyes and leaning back against Allistor’s shoulder.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:59 pm

The Storyteller

Luminesa wrote:“...Hm...Well I’m not a Water Mage, unfortunately, I’m a Fire Mage...but that still is quite pretty...” Ambrosia examined the umbrella, while Professor Stradt talked at length about how to create it. She had never heard of the method of making constructs out of parchment, but she supposed that anything was possible. She then took it in her hand, and twirled the umbrella around, watching as the elaborate designs spun around over her head. “The color is fine...black goes with everything, and the lacy design will match most of my dresses. Though...I’m pretty sure that this will only last as long as your strength allows you, right? Isn’t that how all constructs kinda work?” she questioned. Nevertheless she liked the pretty ornament, and it kept her head cool through its Magic, thus she was happy. When she finished twirling it, she turned to Ambrosia and asked, “...Do you want to talk to anyone in particular?...Most of the students probably aren’t awake yet, but I’ll be happy to go find anyone you wanna talk to...and then maybe you could help me train for the exam coming up!” she suggested suddenly. She then hopped in front of her hopefully, and clasped her hands together, imploring her to listen. “Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssse?”
Amanda looked on as Ambrosia inspected the umbrella. It had a sort of goth lolita appeal, something a student once described the teacher as. Her dresses, mannerisms. Said student went through intensive training and 'shaped up' quite quickly. It involved Amanda "breathing fire like a dragon. Her eyes could leave a sober eye to a mighty giant." The scene was silent. To an outsider, Amanda might have looked like a small tiger, one that could fit in a palm. Of course, other students realized she was not to be messed with when she summons an army of crows or an army of knights. She has an air to her because of it.

"Hmmm, the umbrella isn't even a drip in the pool for me. Or an ocean..." Amanda said, reassuring her. She put her pointer finger across her chin, tapping it; pondering over the idea.

Ambrosia then twirled the umbrella one more time then turned to the teacher, "...Do you want to talk to anyone in particular?...Most of the students probably aren’t awake yet, but I’ll be happy to go find anyone you wanna talk to...and then maybe you could help me train for the exam coming up!"

"My gosh, you are trying the googly eyes..." Amanda said with a dry tone of sarcasm. It sends into her a spate of resistance that comes out, "well... if you study hard and find me a good set of students to terrorize may I even consider!" --she cleared her throat--- "sorry, we can do both. let's find someone. Anyone. Could be someone you know, maybe someone you have been wanting to know but never got to say hi around."

“YES! Okay! Lemme go find someone! I won’t let you down!” Knowing that she would be rather hot without the umbrella, even in the cool morning, she took it with her as she ran across campus, trying to find someone who was awake. Not many people were actually out of their rooms, but that did not bother her. She was willing to go to someone’s room and to wake them up early, if she needed to do so. Yet as she was walking, she noticed Oliver. She had no idea who he was, however, given her unfamiliarity with most of her classmates. Nevertheless, he was a student, and Professor Stradt had wanted a student with whom she could talk.

Thus, Ambrosia ran after him, and when she caught up, she bounced in front of him and waved. “Hello!” she greeted, waving eagerly. “Ahhhh...what’s your name? Anyway, Professor Stradt is looking for you! I know where she is, just follow me!...Oh, and my name is Ambrosia...i-if you didn’t know that already, I dunno.” Oliver was not as boyish and gentle-looking as Shaun. He was taller, with a noticeable lack of light to his brown eyes, and with a slight scent of alcohol on his breath. He seemed like a rather melancholy student. Nevertheless, he was somebody. Thus she grabbed his arm and dragged him away without another word.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Luminesa wrote:
The Storyteller

“YES! Okay! Lemme go find someone! I won’t let you down!” Knowing that she would be rather hot without the umbrella, even in the cool morning, she took it with her as she ran across campus, trying to find someone who was awake. Not many people were actually out of their rooms, but that did not bother her. She was willing to go to someone’s room and to wake them up early, if she needed to do so. Yet as she was walking, she noticed Oliver. She had no idea who he was, however, given her unfamiliarity with most of her classmates. Nevertheless, he was a student, and Professor Stradt had wanted a student with whom she could talk.

Thus, Ambrosia ran after him, and when she caught up, she bounced in front of him and waved. “Hello!” she greeted, waving eagerly. “Ahhhh...what’s your name? Anyway, Professor Stradt is looking for you! I know where she is, just follow me!...Oh, and my name is Ambrosia...i-if you didn’t know that already, I dunno.” Oliver was not as boyish and gentle-looking as Shaun. He was taller, with a noticeable lack of light to his brown eyes, and with a slight scent of alcohol on his breath. He seemed like a rather melancholy student. Nevertheless, he was somebody. Thus she grabbed his arm and dragged him away without another word.

Oliver barely had the time to get to the cafeteria that he was met with an excitable bundle of energy.
Otherwise known as Ambrosia. Truth was, he didn't mind people like that, although he wasn't one himself.

"I haven't eaten yet though..." But before he could finish his sentence, he was dragged away. Again, he didn't struggle either, though he would appreciate something to eat later on. Ideally later on meaning soon.
Because a whole 24 hours without eating didn't really do well to his stomach.

"You're not going to listen to anything I say, are you?" He continued, being passed in front of the cafeteria, and his potential meal of the day. Of course, it would've been a hearty meal, filled with food that would last him for another 24 hours, such as rice, potatoes, bread, dried meat...
Hopefully, something that would last in general.

Although the fact he was being dragged away probably meant he wouldn't eat for a while. So much for getting out of his room early.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“YES! Okay! Lemme go find someone! I won’t let you down!” Knowing that she would be rather hot without the umbrella, even in the cool morning, she took it with her as she ran across campus, trying to find someone who was awake. Not many people were actually out of their rooms, but that did not bother her. She was willing to go to someone’s room and to wake them up early, if she needed to do so. Yet as she was walking, she noticed Oliver. She had no idea who he was, however, given her unfamiliarity with most of her classmates. Nevertheless, he was a student, and Professor Stradt had wanted a student with whom she could talk.

Oliver barely had the time to get to the cafeteria that he was met with an excitable bundle of energy.
Otherwise known as Ambrosia. Truth was, he didn't mind people like that, although he wasn't one himself.

"I haven't eaten yet though..." But before he could finish his sentence, he was dragged away. Again, he didn't struggle either, though he would appreciate something to eat later on. Ideally later on meaning soon.

"You're not going to listen to anything I say, are you?" He continued, being passed in front of the cafeteria, and his potential meal of the day. Of course, it would've been a hearty meal, filled with food that would last him for another 24 hours, such as rice, potatoes, bread, dried meat...

Although the fact he was being dragged away probably meant he wouldn't eat for a while. So much for getting out of his room early.

"...Oh!" Ambrosia suddenly stopped running with him, when she heard him start talking about not eating. She then turned back toward him, worried. He not only looked melancholy and smelled like alcohol, but then he also looked rather lean. He had obviously not been starving, but he still did not seem to be caring for himself. Once again, he was the direct opposite of the sweet-smelling, healthy, cheery-looking Shaun that she had fallen for, and she was concerned. "...Wait here." Without another word, she ran back toward the cafeteria, from where she had found him, and she seemed to vanish for some time. What felt like fifteen minutes or so later, she then returned, holding a tray of food. A ham-and-cheese omelette, a couple of hot buns, a granola bar, and a glass of orange juice. She was not entirely certain why she had felt this impulse to get a random classmate food. Perhaps she felt that he would like her for it. Maybe she just felt he would be useless to train with if he had not eaten. Whatever the reason, she had gotten him the food and a fork.

"Here! I ran and grabbed what I could find. Now, you make sure to eat, because we're gonna train together today. We've gotta be ready for the exam next week! Also...um...I heard orange juice is...good for hangovers?" Ambrosia blushed as she mentioned the hangover, not certain if such was appropriate to mention. Nevertheless, when she handed him the food, she felt satisfied enough with herself, and so she grabbed his hand and now walked with him toward Professor Stradt's location. All the while, she had her face turned away from him, thinking-or perhaps overthinking-about her most recent actions. Oh great, what did I do all of that for? He'll probably just think I'm weird now...He probably doesn't even like eggs... she thought, in a bit of a panic.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

"...Oh!" Ambrosia suddenly stopped running with him, when she heard him start talking about not eating. She then turned back toward him, worried. He not only looked melancholy and smelled like alcohol, but then he also looked rather lean. He had obviously not been starving, but he still did not seem to be caring for himself. Once again, he was the direct opposite of the sweet-smelling, healthy, cheery-looking Shaun that she had fallen for, and she was concerned. "...Wait here." Without another word, she ran back toward the cafeteria, from where she had found him, and she seemed to vanish for some time. What felt like fifteen minutes or so later, she then returned, holding a tray of food. A ham-and-cheese omelette, a couple of hot buns, a granola bar, and a glass of orange juice. She was not entirely certain why she had felt this impulse to get a random classmate food. Perhaps she felt that he would like her for it. Maybe she just felt he would be useless to train with if he had not eaten. Whatever the reason, she had gotten him the food and a fork.

"Here! I ran and grabbed what I could find. Now, you make sure to eat, because we're gonna train together today. We've gotta be ready for the exam next week! Also...um...I heard orange juice is...good for hangovers?" Ambrosia blushed as she mentioned the hangover, not certain if such was appropriate to mention. Nevertheless, when she handed him the food, she felt satisfied enough with herself, and so she grabbed his hand and now walked with him toward Professor Stradt's location. All the while, she had her face turned away from him, thinking-or perhaps overthinking-about her most recent actions. Oh great, what did I do all of that for? He'll probably just think I'm weird now...He probably doesn't even like eggs... she thought, in a bit of a panic.

And there she was, gone again, for food this time.
Briefly, he had wondered if going back to his room would be a good idea, and with his notably quick train of thought, when it wasn't lost, that is. He almost settled on going back.
However, he decided against it and simply stretched absent-mindedly, then jumped up and down to wake himself up a little better.

Once she came back however, he frowned. He smelled something, way before she even came back.

Cheese.

He loathed the damn thing. Just the smell of it made him almost gag, nevermind the taste. The only time he could eat cheese was when it had no taste, or texture. Which usually meant in hamburgers or pizzas with copious amounts of toppings.

"Ah... Cheese." He muttered, not wanting to sound ungrateful to someone who had actually gone to get him food.
However, of course, the omelette, the most consistent thing in the whole plate had cheese within it. He wouldn't be able to just take it out and hope that the taste hadn't took into the eggs and ham.
Realizing that, he sighed, grabbed the juice, hot buns and granola bar and shrugged.

"I'm not hungover, I wouldn't be standing straight if I was." He answered flatly while expertly using his mouth to drink the juice without using his hands, or magic. Following her, he started thinking.

Well, she did get me food. That makes her okay, even if it was cheese. She didn't know about that, no point in holding her responsible for that.

"Another thing, omelettes are fine, just don't put any cheese. If you're in doubt, just get me fresh bell peppers. I like those."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Oh!" Ambrosia suddenly stopped running with him, when she heard him start talking about not eating. She then turned back toward him, worried. He not only looked melancholy and smelled like alcohol, but then he also looked rather lean. He had obviously not been starving, but he still did not seem to be caring for himself. Once again, he was the direct opposite of the sweet-smelling, healthy, cheery-looking Shaun that she had fallen for, and she was concerned. "...Wait here." Without another word, she ran back toward the cafeteria, from where she had found him, and she seemed to vanish for some time. What felt like fifteen minutes or so later, she then returned, holding a tray of food. A ham-and-cheese omelette, a couple of hot buns, a granola bar, and a glass of orange juice. She was not entirely certain why she had felt this impulse to get a random classmate food. Perhaps she felt that he would like her for it. Maybe she just felt he would be useless to train with if he had not eaten. Whatever the reason, she had gotten him the food and a fork.

Briefly, he had wondered if going back to his room would be a good idea, and with his notably quick train of thought, when it wasn't lost, that is. He almost settled on going back.
However, he decided against it and simply stretched absent-mindedly, then jumped up and down to wake himself up a little better.

Once she came back however, he frowned. He smelled something, way before she even came back.

Cheese.

He loathed the damn thing. Just the smell of it made him almost gag, nevermind the taste. The only time he could eat cheese was when it had no taste, or texture. Which usually meant in hamburgers or pizzas with copious amounts of toppings.

"Ah... Cheese." He muttered, not wanting to sound ungrateful to someone who had actually gone to get him food.
However, of course, the omelette, the most consistent thing in the whole plate had cheese within it. He wouldn't be able to just take it out and hope that the taste hadn't took into the eggs and ham.
Realizing that, he sighed, grabbed the juice, hot buns and granola bar and shrugged.

"I'm not hungover, I wouldn't be standing straight if I was." He answered flatly while expertly using his mouth to drink the juice without using his hands, or magic. Following her, he started thinking.

Well, she did get me food. That makes her okay, even if it was cheese. She didn't know about that, no point in holding her responsible for that.

"Another thing, omelettes are fine, just don't put any cheese. If you're in doubt, just get me fresh bell peppers. I like those."

Ho rats, I knew he didn't like something I put on the plate! Rats! Why did it have to be the actual omelette? AHHHHHH AMBROSIA YOU'RE SO STUPID!!! Her thoughts were loud enough that she almost did not hear him, when he told her to get bell peppers on them instead. Then she felt even worse because she had mistaken him to be hungover, at least judging from his response. Yet she managed to pick herself up quickly, as Oliver did not get hostile with her for giving him something he did not like. "...R-Right...okay...Next time I'll...um...I'll get the bell peppers. Yeah...Sorry..." she mumbled. She was impressed by how he held his glass without even using his hands, and now she realized that he was probably also more skilled than her with Magic. This should make him fun to train with. Maybe he can teach me a few tricks too!...If he doesn't get annoyed with me first...Hngh...I'm so bad at dealing with people...and this is not going to be any easier either... she mumbled, as she stared down at the hot omelette, untouched and still steaming hot.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:47 am

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

Cheese.

Ho rats, I knew he didn't like something I put on the plate! Rats! Why did it have to be the actual omelette? AHHHHHH AMBROSIA YOU'RE SO STUPID!!! Her thoughts were loud enough that she almost did not hear him, when he told her to get bell peppers on them instead. Then she felt even worse because she had mistaken him to be hungover, at least judging from his response. Yet she managed to pick herself up quickly, as Oliver did not get hostile with her for giving him something he did not like. "...R-Right...okay...Next time I'll...um...I'll get the bell peppers. Yeah...Sorry..." she mumbled. She was impressed by how he held his glass without even using his hands, and now she realized that he was probably also more skilled than her with Magic. This should make him fun to train with. Maybe he can teach me a few tricks too!...If he doesn't get annoyed with me first...Hngh...I'm so bad at dealing with people...and this is not going to be any easier either... she mumbled, as she stared down at the hot omelette, untouched and still steaming hot.

"You should eat the omelette. If you took cheese, it means you like it, I guess. So there's no point in wasting it. I'll settle with the granola bar, juice and the rest." He shrugged, having finished his glass, and setting it onto the plate to avoid any means of breaking it.

"So, you wanted me around for training, correct? I'm good to go." He continued, breaking the granola bar in two.
"What sort of magic are you into? Classic elemental manipulation, or something more specific?
Because depending on your element, things'll get harder, either for me, or for you."

Oliver then looked at the girl a bit more intently, after a few seconds, he deduced a fundamental truth about her. Her skin, eyes, sharp fangs...
She was a vampire. But definitely not a lesser one, she would have such a defined human form if she was. Although it was unlikely for her to be a primordial one.

He pondered for a bit, thinking if he needed to bring it up at all. And true to himself, instead of waiting, he went for it.

"You're a vampire, correct? That's neat, hadn't yet seen one that didn't try to bathe in my blood." However, he felt like he had forgotten to do something.

"Oh yeah, name's Oliver. What's yours?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Ho rats, I knew he didn't like something I put on the plate! Rats! Why did it have to be the actual omelette? AHHHHHH AMBROSIA YOU'RE SO STUPID!!! Her thoughts were loud enough that she almost did not hear him, when he told her to get bell peppers on them instead. Then she felt even worse because she had mistaken him to be hungover, at least judging from his response. Yet she managed to pick herself up quickly, as Oliver did not get hostile with her for giving him something he did not like. "...R-Right...okay...Next time I'll...um...I'll get the bell peppers. Yeah...Sorry..." she mumbled. She was impressed by how he held his glass without even using his hands, and now she realized that he was probably also more skilled than her with Magic. This should make him fun to train with. Maybe he can teach me a few tricks too!...If he doesn't get annoyed with me first...Hngh...I'm so bad at dealing with people...and this is not going to be any easier either... she mumbled, as she stared down at the hot omelette, untouched and still steaming hot.

"You should eat the omelette. If you took cheese, it means you like it, I guess. So there's no point in wasting it. I'll settle with the granola bar, juice and the rest." He shrugged, having finished his glass, and setting it onto the plate to avoid any means of breaking it.

"So, you wanted me around for training, correct? I'm good to go." He continued, breaking the granola bar in two.
"What sort of magic are you into? Classic elemental manipulation, or something more specific?
Because depending on your element, things'll get harder, either for me, or for you."

Oliver then looked at the girl a bit more intently, after a few seconds, he deduced a fundamental truth about her. Her skin, eyes, sharp fangs...
She was a vampire. But definitely not a lesser one, she would have such a defined human form if she was. Although it was unlikely for her to be a primordial one.

He pondered for a bit, thinking if he needed to bring it up at all. And true to himself, instead of waiting, he went for it.

"You're a vampire, correct? That's neat, hadn't yet seen one that didn't try to bathe in my blood." However, he felt like he had forgotten to do something.

“Oh!...Um...okay...” She stared down at the cheesy omelette for a few moments, and then she began to wolf it down. She had rushed herself to get ready for class that morning, so she herself was running on an empty stomach. The hot, savoury omelette was delicious, and she nearly gulped it down whole. Huh! I guess being a vampire gives you an even better appetite than usual! That’s unexpected!...Hope there was no garlic in that, she thought. She then turned to Oliver and answered his question. “I’m a Fire Mage, but my Magic isn’t really well-defined. I’m not sure exactly what I want to do with it...I’m not the best Mage myself, which is why I wanted to train with Professor Stradt, and some other students too...” Oliver’s stare as he realized that she was a vampire did not escape her, and she trailed-off, suddenly feeling self-conscious. Of course, there was nothing she could currently do about her own situation. She could only hope that Professor Stradt would eventually have that answer. For now, however, her feelings of existential loneliness struck her for just a few seconds, panging in her empty, bloodless heart. When he asked for her name, however, Ambrosia suddenly perked. Once he knew her name, perhaps she would not simply be ‘that vampire girl’. “My name is Ambrosia. Ambrosia Krypta!” she answered, brightly.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Frisct the II wrote:When Cecily yelped, Achinar fell from his chair with a loud thud out of surprise. He had fallen asleep face down in the tome he had been reading at some point that night. After getting up from off of the floor, he promptly tucked the tome back into his jacked and adjusted his coat.

He yawned and spike groggily with sleep. "Ah. It's on the counter dear. I just put a seal on it after you went to sleep." He had obviously not gotten much sleep, but that could be taken care of later. He walked over and retrieved the letter before returning it to Cecily. "Here you go. Good luck to you." He wished her well with a wide and gentle smile.

"Yes, yes! Thank you!" She hurried over to the counter and grabbed the letter, before turning back to Achinar with a grateful smile. He had been such a massive help to her. She knew she would have to pay him back somehow. With this, she rushed out of the study, and ran to find Rabbit's room. Time ticked away with every step, and she knew that if she did not reach him on time, he would never know the truth...

Rabbit, in the meantime, was discharged from the infirmary, and he was now in his room preparing to leave. He did not have too many things to pack-he took a folder of papers, a pen, some changes of clothes, and the mysterious book in his drawer. Rabbit knew that taking such a book would be a risk, but he did want something to read when he reached Salzburg. And anyway, he had always traveled with it, at least since he had first come to the United States seventeen years before. Once he had packed a single bag of luggage, he then began to get dressed. He decided to wear the beautiful pink kimono that Henry had bought him, and as he put it on he sighed with happiness. He still did not understand why Henry went through such a fuss to get the kimono, but he was pleased that it looked well on him. "...Of course, even if it did not look right on me, that would be no reason to throw away a student's gift...Hm?"

A knock came to the door. The Mana behind the door seemed familiar enough, and so he did not react with alarm. Rather, he walked to the mirror and began to tie his hair up in a bun. For travel, keeping his hair up would be much more manageable. "...Cecily?" he guessed.

"Yes, it's me. May I enter?"

Without turning toward the door, he flicked his wrist mid-tie, and the door unlocked itself with a click. Cecily then opened the door, and blushed as she realized that Rabbit was getting dressed. "...O-Oh!...I-I...I'll step out if you..."

"Ah no, dear, it's no worry. I'm dressed. Please, come in," Rabbit invited her, his voice somewhat distracted by thoughts about the war. Nevertheless, he was calm and friendly, as he recognized her, even though he was concerned when he recalled how she had once pinned him to a wall and tried to take his mask off. Thus, he glanced at her warily, though his voice was genial enough. "...Is something the matter?...I left my plans for the class in my mailbox in the office, early this morning. Unless you of course have questions about something else..."

"...Th-This...ah...I'm afraid this has nothing to do with the class...I-I think I should be able to handle that well enough..." she whispered, suddenly terrified. Had he noticed that she had gone through the items in his room? That fear prickled her in the back of her mind, as she stood in the doorway. Cecily was convinced that the moment he noticed any sort of discrepancy in the order in his room, he would immediately turn on her and attack her, and everything she had planned, in order to try and reach him, would be ruined. Oh Cecily, why are you so foolish...why are you
so foolish...This is all your fault...this is all your fault...All you do is hurt him...It's all you do..

"...Cecily?..."

She became aware again, after a moment of panic, and she stared at him, as he finished tying the elegant bun on his head. He finally turned to her, with kindly concern in his voice. He realized that her reluctance to enter the room had something to do with him, and now he was confused. One moment, she had wanted to strip his mask off and to do him harm, the next she was holding a piece of paper in her hands, shuddering like a cold chipmunk. "...Cecily...what is the matter?...Talk to me, please. I'm no enemy. Don't stand in the doorway and merely shiver! Come in, please." He then easily moved her inside, using telekinesis, and closed the door behind her. He knew she had something urgent to tell him, and wanted to know what this message could be.

She finally approached him, as the door closed behind her, and held the letter out to him. Yet as she went to explain herself, she choked on her words. "...I-I...A letter...Um..." She tried harder. The words were there. She had to dig them up. "...Written...it's for you...Um..." No! Cecily, it's from you!...It's from you!...Come on, talk to him!...Talk to him!...This might be your only chance!... "...I...the letter...Um...here..." Finally, she gave up, and simply handed it to him.

He examined it. Achinar's seal did the trick, and he did not get confused when he saw the blank seal. He then stared at her, befuddled anyway as he received a strange letter from seemingly out of nowhere. "...Um...thank you, Cecily. Though you could have left it in my mailbox...Is there a reason you needed to bring it directly to me?..." he inquired, softly. Cecily was genuinely terrified of him now. He looked down at it again. ...Did she write it?...But where would she have gotten the seal?...And why...would she write to me?...

"...I...it was important. Very important, yes. It's...urgent...that you read it right now. Please...read it..." she whispered, finally ducking her head and running out of the room before Rabbit could question her further.

"...Cecily, wait!..." Rabbit reached for her, but he was just quick enough to get out of the door before he could catch her. He let her go, and sighed frustratedly. He then looked down at the letter again. "...Such a strange woman...She changes her moods so suddenly, it's hard to tell what she even thinks from moment-to-moment...I only hope that this letter will clear some of that...too bad I will only have time to read it on the plane..." He then put the letter in the folder in his bag, before sighing once more, and walking out of the room to go find Henry, holding the bag over his shoulder. He looked back at his calm and serene room once again, and smiled.

Hopefully, when I return, this place will be just as peaceful...as it is now... he thought.

He then walked away, out of his room so he could go find Henry. When he walked across campus and found Henry's dorm, in the Ignis dormitory, he knocked quietly on the door. "...Henry?..." he called, softly.

Henry Von Kressel

Slowly, Henry got up from his bed. He was tired, stressed about the oncoming conflict and didn't want to meet his family again, specially under such circumstances. All he wanted to do was stay in a peaceful place, away from the noble halls filled with diamonds and families that boasted about their status and deeds from centuries ago.

He walked up to the door, shirtless, and opened it.

"Rabbit? Please, do come in. Is there anything bothering you? Did something happened while I was resting?"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Yes, yes! Thank you!" She hurried over to the counter and grabbed the letter, before turning back to Achinar with a grateful smile. He had been such a massive help to her. She knew she would have to pay him back somehow. With this, she rushed out of the study, and ran to find Rabbit's room. Time ticked away with every step, and she knew that if she did not reach him on time, he would never know the truth...

Rabbit, in the meantime, was discharged from the infirmary, and he was now in his room preparing to leave. He did not have too many things to pack-he took a folder of papers, a pen, some changes of clothes, and the mysterious book in his drawer. Rabbit knew that taking such a book would be a risk, but he did want something to read when he reached Salzburg. And anyway, he had always traveled with it, at least since he had first come to the United States seventeen years before. Once he had packed a single bag of luggage, he then began to get dressed. He decided to wear the beautiful pink kimono that Henry had bought him, and as he put it on he sighed with happiness. He still did not understand why Henry went through such a fuss to get the kimono, but he was pleased that it looked well on him. "...Of course, even if it did not look right on me, that would be no reason to throw away a student's gift...Hm?"

A knock came to the door. The Mana behind the door seemed familiar enough, and so he did not react with alarm. Rather, he walked to the mirror and began to tie his hair up in a bun. For travel, keeping his hair up would be much more manageable. "...Cecily?" he guessed.

"Yes, it's me. May I enter?"

Without turning toward the door, he flicked his wrist mid-tie, and the door unlocked itself with a click. Cecily then opened the door, and blushed as she realized that Rabbit was getting dressed. "...O-Oh!...I-I...I'll step out if you..."

"Ah no, dear, it's no worry. I'm dressed. Please, come in," Rabbit invited her, his voice somewhat distracted by thoughts about the war. Nevertheless, he was calm and friendly, as he recognized her, even though he was concerned when he recalled how she had once pinned him to a wall and tried to take his mask off. Thus, he glanced at her warily, though his voice was genial enough. "...Is something the matter?...I left my plans for the class in my mailbox in the office, early this morning. Unless you of course have questions about something else..."

"...Th-This...ah...I'm afraid this has nothing to do with the class...I-I think I should be able to handle that well enough..." she whispered, suddenly terrified. Had he noticed that she had gone through the items in his room? That fear prickled her in the back of her mind, as she stood in the doorway. Cecily was convinced that the moment he noticed any sort of discrepancy in the order in his room, he would immediately turn on her and attack her, and everything she had planned, in order to try and reach him, would be ruined. Oh Cecily, why are you so foolish...why are you
so foolish...This is all your fault...this is all your fault...All you do is hurt him...It's all you do..

"...Cecily?..."

She became aware again, after a moment of panic, and she stared at him, as he finished tying the elegant bun on his head. He finally turned to her, with kindly concern in his voice. He realized that her reluctance to enter the room had something to do with him, and now he was confused. One moment, she had wanted to strip his mask off and to do him harm, the next she was holding a piece of paper in her hands, shuddering like a cold chipmunk. "...Cecily...what is the matter?...Talk to me, please. I'm no enemy. Don't stand in the doorway and merely shiver! Come in, please." He then easily moved her inside, using telekinesis, and closed the door behind her. He knew she had something urgent to tell him, and wanted to know what this message could be.

She finally approached him, as the door closed behind her, and held the letter out to him. Yet as she went to explain herself, she choked on her words. "...I-I...A letter...Um..." She tried harder. The words were there. She had to dig them up. "...Written...it's for you...Um..." No! Cecily, it's from you!...It's from you!...Come on, talk to him!...Talk to him!...This might be your only chance!... "...I...the letter...Um...here..." Finally, she gave up, and simply handed it to him.

He examined it. Achinar's seal did the trick, and he did not get confused when he saw the blank seal. He then stared at her, befuddled anyway as he received a strange letter from seemingly out of nowhere. "...Um...thank you, Cecily. Though you could have left it in my mailbox...Is there a reason you needed to bring it directly to me?..." he inquired, softly. Cecily was genuinely terrified of him now. He looked down at it again. ...Did she write it?...But where would she have gotten the seal?...And why...would she write to me?...

"...I...it was important. Very important, yes. It's...urgent...that you read it right now. Please...read it..." she whispered, finally ducking her head and running out of the room before Rabbit could question her further.

"...Cecily, wait!..." Rabbit reached for her, but he was just quick enough to get out of the door before he could catch her. He let her go, and sighed frustratedly. He then looked down at the letter again. "...Such a strange woman...She changes her moods so suddenly, it's hard to tell what she even thinks from moment-to-moment...I only hope that this letter will clear some of that...too bad I will only have time to read it on the plane..." He then put the letter in the folder in his bag, before sighing once more, and walking out of the room to go find Henry, holding the bag over his shoulder. He looked back at his calm and serene room once again, and smiled.

Hopefully, when I return, this place will be just as peaceful...as it is now... he thought.

He then walked away, out of his room so he could go find Henry. When he walked across campus and found Henry's dorm, in the Ignis dormitory, he knocked quietly on the door. "...Henry?..." he called, softly.

Henry Von Kressel

Slowly, Henry got up from his bed. He was tired, stressed about the oncoming conflict and didn't want to meet his family again, specially under such circumstances. All he wanted to do was stay in a peaceful place, away from the noble halls filled with diamonds and families that boasted about their status and deeds from centuries ago.

"Rabbit? Please, do come in. Is there anything bothering you? Did something happened while I was resting?"

“Oh no, nothing is the matter. I simply came to tell you that you need to start getting ready. I do not know whether or not you have entirely packed, but we shall leave very soon for the airport. You need to get dressed, and you must be entirely packed within the next couple of hours.” He spoke with a slight bit of urgency, but still with the same gentleness as always. He knew that Henry was dreading this trip, though for more reasons than were immediately obvious. His eyes already looked weary, even though he had slept for what seemed to be an entire night. His body also seemed stiff, and his Mana seemed...off. The wary sensation that Rabbit himself usually felt before a battle now radiated from Henry. Concerned, he inquired, “...You yourself seem rather tense. Did you sleep well?...How are you feeling?...” He put a hand on his shoulder, letting Henry know that as always, he was willing to try and soothe whatever fears he was hiding.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

“Oh no, nothing is the matter. I simply came to tell you that you need to start getting ready. I do not know whether or not you have entirely packed, but we shall leave very soon for the airport. You need to get dressed, and you must be entirely packed within the next couple of hours.” He spoke with a slight bit of urgency, but still with the same gentleness as always. He knew that Henry was dreading this trip, though for more reasons than were immediately obvious. His eyes already looked weary, even though he had slept for what seemed to be an entire night. His body also seemed stiff, and his Mana seemed...off. The wary sensation that Rabbit himself usually felt before a battle now radiated from Henry. Concerned, he inquired, “...You yourself seem rather tense. Did you sleep well?...How are you feeling?...” He put a hand on his shoulder, letting Henry know that as always, he was willing to try and soothe whatever fears he was hiding.

Henry Von Kressel

"Oh, my things are already packed. And well... I did sleep well, but the tension decided to be my company. Well, who wouldn't be tense? It is a conflict that is already happening, but no one wants to talk about it. Against Blanchefleur herself... This isn't like fighting on the Academy grounds, and this isn't like talking with people here.

There is also the question of my family. They aren't... very kind, if I may say so. My father isn't a good example to be followed, at least not for me. A man who got professional and political success, became one of the most known names in Europe and in the Committee, but... Well, you'll see for yourself.

But I won't allow myself to take the spotlights in this morning. You are worried about something too Rabbit. What happened?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“Oh no, nothing is the matter. I simply came to tell you that you need to start getting ready. I do not know whether or not you have entirely packed, but we shall leave very soon for the airport. You need to get dressed, and you must be entirely packed within the next couple of hours.” He spoke with a slight bit of urgency, but still with the same gentleness as always. He knew that Henry was dreading this trip, though for more reasons than were immediately obvious. His eyes already looked weary, even though he had slept for what seemed to be an entire night. His body also seemed stiff, and his Mana seemed...off. The wary sensation that Rabbit himself usually felt before a battle now radiated from Henry. Concerned, he inquired, “...You yourself seem rather tense. Did you sleep well?...How are you feeling?...” He put a hand on his shoulder, letting Henry know that as always, he was willing to try and soothe whatever fears he was hiding.

Henry Von Kressel

"Oh, my things are already packed. And well... I did sleep well, but the tension decided to be my company. Well, who wouldn't be tense? It is a conflict that is already happening, but no one wants to talk about it. Against Blanchefleur herself... This isn't like fighting on the Academy grounds, and this isn't like talking with people here.

There is also the question of my family. They aren't... very kind, if I may say so. My father isn't a good example to be followed, at least not for me. A man who got professional and political success, became one of the most known names in Europe and in the Committee, but... Well, you'll see for yourself.

But I won't allow myself to take the spotlights in this morning. You are worried about something too Rabbit. What happened?"

Rabbit laughed at Henry’s mention of spotlights, finding his humility to be endearing. “There’s no reason to be worried about ‘spotlights’ with me, Henry. I do want to make sure that you are not too stressed, it’s why I came over here to check on you this morning,” he answered, cheerfully. Unfortunately, as with many of the students on campus, Henry had problems with his family, and was uncertain about having to see his father in particular. He now wondered what Henry had suffered himself, during his own quiet childhood. The boy rarely talked about his own past, almost less than Soleil, who was also very reluctant to mention his own awful family. Now he wanted to know if he could do anything to help his student. “...My morning has been mostly peaceful. I simply got up this morning and had a...little trouble getting ready. But that’s hardly anything worth talking about,” he continued, “and yes. Fighting Lady Blanchefleur will be an incredibly difficult task, but we will get through it together...Are you sure that you have no other concerns, however?” He hid any mention of his conversation with Cecily, as he himself was not even sure what had happened.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Rabbit laughed at Henry’s mention of spotlights, finding his humility to be endearing. “There’s no reason to be worried about ‘spotlights’ with me, Henry. I do want to make sure that you are not too stressed, it’s why I came over here to check on you this morning,” he answered, cheerfully. Unfortunately, as with many of the students on campus, Henry had problems with his family, and was uncertain about having to see his father in particular. He now wondered what Henry had suffered himself, during his own quiet childhood. The boy rarely talked about his own past, almost less than Soleil, who was also very reluctant to mention his own awful family. Now he wanted to know if he could do anything to help his student. “...My morning has been mostly peaceful. I simply got up this morning and had a...little trouble getting ready. But that’s hardly anything worth talking about,” he continued, “and yes. Fighting Lady Blanchefleur will be an incredibly difficult task, but we will get through it together...Are you sure that you have no other concerns, however?” He hid any mention of his conversation with Cecily, as he himself was not even sure what had happened.

Henry Von Kressel

"Oh, I'm sure. Of course, I do have a few doubts about some things... As I will miss the Academy. I don't know why, but this place is peaceful. It is like... Maybe it belongs to a completely different space, where people are treated equally. Have I ever told you about how I was treated in Hapsburg's Imperial Academy in Austria? I often entered the library, just wanting to read a book and when the 'Von Kressel' entered the person's ears, the treatment was different. Here, people seem to get the first name before. It is Henry, not 'Mr. Von Kressel' and that is something unique in this place."

Of course, the bond they created in Paris gave Henry a certain feeling about Rabbit's behavior. Rabbit entered his room wanting to know about his worries, but getting Rabbit to talk about himself or his personal worries was a task harder than most of his exams at the Academy. So, he decided to use a resource he disliked: The bluff.

"Now, Rabbit. I'll ask this one more time, and this time, I'll ask that you say me the truth instead of being evasive like you always do when we are trying to help you. Your hand is shaking slightly, your voice has a lower tone than the usual, you are hiding something. Now, what really happened before you came here?"

Henry was respectful, but he wasn't slow to notice that something was off, specially with Rabbit. His professor always managed to be slippery when it came to his personal stories and problems, and sometimes, Henry had to be incisive to discover certain things about the one that would be his guardian from now on, even if that implied on creating false signs of insecurity to know more about what happened in Rabbit's mind, even if he did a considerable effort hiding it.
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit laughed at Henry’s mention of spotlights, finding his humility to be endearing. “There’s no reason to be worried about ‘spotlights’ with me, Henry. I do want to make sure that you are not too stressed, it’s why I came over here to check on you this morning,” he answered, cheerfully. Unfortunately, as with many of the students on campus, Henry had problems with his family, and was uncertain about having to see his father in particular. He now wondered what Henry had suffered himself, during his own quiet childhood. The boy rarely talked about his own past, almost less than Soleil, who was also very reluctant to mention his own awful family. Now he wanted to know if he could do anything to help his student. “...My morning has been mostly peaceful. I simply got up this morning and had a...little trouble getting ready. But that’s hardly anything worth talking about,” he continued, “and yes. Fighting Lady Blanchefleur will be an incredibly difficult task, but we will get through it together...Are you sure that you have no other concerns, however?” He hid any mention of his conversation with Cecily, as he himself was not even sure what had happened.

Henry Von Kressel

"Oh, I'm sure. Of course, I do have a few doubts about some things... As I will miss the Academy. I don't know why, but this place is peaceful. It is like... Maybe it belongs to a completely different space, where people are treated equally. Have I ever told you about how I was treated in Hapsburg's Imperial Academy in Austria? I often entered the library, just wanting to read a book and when the 'Von Kressel' entered the person's ears, the treatment was different. Here, people seem to get the first name before. It is Henry, not 'Mr. Von Kressel' and that is something unique in this place.

Now, Rabbit. I'll ask this one more time, and this time, I'll ask that you say me the truth instead of being evasive like you always do when we are trying to help you. Your hand is shaking slightly, your voice has a lower tone than the usual, you are hiding something. Now, what really happened before you came here?"

Henry was respectful, but he wasn't slow to notice that something was off, specially with Rabbit. His professor always managed to be slippery when it came to his personal stories and problems, and sometimes, Henry had to be incisive to discover certain things about the one that would be his guardian from now on.

“...It is very peaceful here...” Rabbit’s own voice dropped a little, as he looked away, thinking on Henry’s words. “...This school was actually one of the first true homes I ever had...when I was your age. I myself would go to the library to read, and would get strange looks...though for...very different reasons than your own...” He giggled, recalling how his classmates-an incredibly long time ago-once gave him strange looks over his own appearance, over the mask he wore in order to see and over his strange, long, silver hair. “...This school, unlike many others, was specifically set aside from the political spheres of the schools in Europe...something of an experiment by the American Mages, in order to separate the students here from their troubles across the ocean...Of course, such troubles have never been entirely avoidable...as we are witnessing now...” he contemplated aloud.

When Henry drove forward asking about what was bugging Rabbit, however, the teacher seemed to come back to Earth, and he became silent for a few moments. He stared at his hands behind his back. They were mostly still. Yet his posture was stiff, and he was indeed speaking more quietly than usual. Henry had a keen eye for such details, something Rabbit almost resented for a moment, even as he had that skill himself. ...How can I applaud myself for such an ability when it comes back to bite me like this...How utterly foolish of me, to think I myself am entirely beyond the reach of my students...then again...Soleil has already sensed my loneliness...and now Henry has discovered that I am not as confident as I try to be for them...perhaps my cover truly is not perfect... Rabbit thought carefully about how to answer his student, who wished now to know what was bothering his teacher-and currently, his closest advisor.

“...Such curiosity...it is no doubt the same curiosity that has led you to spend so much of your time reading and feeding your intellect...” Rabbit laughed, trying to sound calm, though Cecily’s anxious moment with him still played in his mind, bothering him. “...It is nothing to concern yourself...I had a conversation with one of the teachers, she was anxious to see me about something, but she never told me what she was anxious about. She rushed out the room before I could get an answer from her. There is little to say beyond that. I only hope that she is not too worried about teaching the class while I am away...” he replied, calmly. He knew that what he was feeling at the moment went deeper than that, but he dodged Henry’s question, unwilling to burden him with his own worries.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"Oh, I'm sure. Of course, I do have a few doubts about some things... As I will miss the Academy. I don't know why, but this place is peaceful. It is like... Maybe it belongs to a completely different space, where people are treated equally. Have I ever told you about how I was treated in Hapsburg's Imperial Academy in Austria? I often entered the library, just wanting to read a book and when the 'Von Kressel' entered the person's ears, the treatment was different. Here, people seem to get the first name before. It is Henry, not 'Mr. Von Kressel' and that is something unique in this place.

Now, Rabbit. I'll ask this one more time, and this time, I'll ask that you say me the truth instead of being evasive like you always do when we are trying to help you. Your hand is shaking slightly, your voice has a lower tone than the usual, you are hiding something. Now, what really happened before you came here?"

Henry was respectful, but he wasn't slow to notice that something was off, specially with Rabbit. His professor always managed to be slippery when it came to his personal stories and problems, and sometimes, Henry had to be incisive to discover certain things about the one that would be his guardian from now on.

“...It is very peaceful here...” Rabbit’s own voice dropped a little, as he looked away, thinking on Henry’s words. “...This school was actually one of the first true homes I ever had...when I was your age. I myself would go to the library to read, and would get strange looks...though for...very different reasons than your own...” He giggled, recalling how his classmates-an incredibly long time ago-once gave him strange looks over his own appearance, over the mask he wore in order to see and over his strange, long, silver hair. “...This school, unlike many others, was specifically set aside from the political spheres of the schools in Europe...something of an experiment by the American Mages, in order to separate the students here from their troubles across the ocean...Of course, such troubles have never been entirely avoidable...as we are witnessing now...” he contemplated aloud.

When Henry drove forward asking about what was bugging Rabbit, however, the teacher seemed to come back to Earth, and he became silent for a few moments. He stared at his hands behind his back. They were mostly still. Yet his posture was stiff, and he was indeed speaking more quietly than usual. Henry had a keen eye for such details, something Rabbit almost resented for a moment, even as he had that skill himself. ...How can I applaud myself for such an ability when it comes back to bite me like this...How utterly foolish of me, to think I myself am entirely beyond the reach of my students...then again...Soleil has already sensed my loneliness...and now Henry has discovered that I am not as confident as I try to be for them...perhaps my cover truly is not perfect... Rabbit thought carefully about how to answer his student, who wished now to know what was bothering his teacher-and currently, his closest advisor.

“...Such curiosity...it is no doubt the same curiosity that has led you to spend so much of your time reading and feeding your intellect...” Rabbit laughed, trying to sound calm, though Cecily’s anxious moment with him still played in his mind, bothering him. “...It is nothing to concern yourself...I had a conversation with one of the teachers, she was anxious to see me about something, but she never told me what she was anxious about. She rushed out the room before I could get an answer from her. There is little to say beyond that. I only hope that she is not too worried about teaching the class while I am away...” he replied, calmly. He knew that what he was feeling at the moment went deeper than that, but he dodged Henry’s question, unwilling to burden him with his own worries.

Henry Von Kressel

"Ran from the room, you say? Maybe I am witnessing the birth of Rabbit, the heart breaker? That would be something I'd pay to see. But I am trying to see something positive in Europe... I'll return to Austria, which is undeniably a beautiful country, visit Aloysus and Mercillia, and also see my aunt... Maybe some people I should've talked to some time ago, but that's another question.

But other than that, I am alright. I'll be ready to go to the airport in a few minutes, so if you want to do something now, feel free to do it. I won't be leaving you behind, don't worry. Before you go... a darker blue or grey? I m unable to decide the color of the suit."

Ironically enough, Henry seemed calm. He was ready to face Europe once more, and that peace apparently came from the fact he accepted the negative and positive aspects that were present in the continent: That "grey" realism that inhabited Henry was useful, at least.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“...It is very peaceful here...” Rabbit’s own voice dropped a little, as he looked away, thinking on Henry’s words. “...This school was actually one of the first true homes I ever had...when I was your age. I myself would go to the library to read, and would get strange looks...though for...very different reasons than your own...” He giggled, recalling how his classmates-an incredibly long time ago-once gave him strange looks over his own appearance, over the mask he wore in order to see and over his strange, long, silver hair. “...This school, unlike many others, was specifically set aside from the political spheres of the schools in Europe...something of an experiment by the American Mages, in order to separate the students here from their troubles across the ocean...Of course, such troubles have never been entirely avoidable...as we are witnessing now...” he contemplated aloud.

Henry Von Kressel

"Ran from the room, you say? Maybe I am witnessing the birth of Rabbit, the heart breaker? That would be something I'd pay to see. But I am trying to see something positive in Europe... I'll return to Austria, which is undeniably a beautiful country, visit Aloysus and Mercillia, and also see my aunt... Maybe some people I should've talked to some time ago, but that's another question.

But other than that, I am alright. I'll be ready to go to the airport in a few minutes, so if you want to do something now, feel free to do it. I won't be leaving you behind, don't worry. Before you go... a darker blue or grey? I m unable to decide the color of the suit."

Ironically enough, Henry seemed calm. He was ready to face Europe once more, and that peace apparently came from the fact he accepted the negative and positive aspects that were present in the continent: That "grey" realism that inhabited Henry was useful, at least.

At the declaration that he was now possibly a “heartbreaker”, Rabbit’s face behind his mask became cherry-red. Yet now he began to wonder...Cecily had handed him a letter, had been unable to speak to him, and then had run from the room crying. ...Did she...could she...does she...love me?...Was that...what she was trying to tell me?...Have I made a terrible mistake?... He now wanted to rush to her room, to try to speak to her again before he had to leave. His heart pounded in his chest, and he could not shake the feeling that he had been missing something all this time.

“Oh dear, I certainly hope I am no such thing...I do not wish to break any hearts, especially not those of my own colleagues,” he answered his student, hiding his shock easily. In the meantime, he was pleased to see that Henry was trying to remain positive, listing all of the people he loved who lived in Austria, how he would be able to see them and talk to them again, and reminescing on the beauty of his birth-country. “...As for which suit to wear, dark-blue would look better. Blue and yellow blend well together, after all, though the grey suit is certainly nice. I would bring it along for another occasion, as a nice change of clothes. Now, if you’ll excuse me, however, I do have some last-minute tasks I must attend...” he replied, before walking out of the room.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:28 am

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

“Oh!...Um...okay...” She stared down at the cheesy omelette for a few moments, and then she began to wolf it down. She had rushed herself to get ready for class that morning, so she herself was running on an empty stomach. The hot, savoury omelette was delicious, and she nearly gulped it down whole. Huh! I guess being a vampire gives you an even better appetite than usual! That’s unexpected!...Hope there was no garlic in that, she thought. She then turned to Oliver and answered his question. “I’m a Fire Mage, but my Magic isn’t really well-defined. I’m not sure exactly what I want to do with it...I’m not the best Mage myself, which is why I wanted to train with Professor Stradt, and some other students too...” Oliver’s stare as he realized that she was a vampire did not escape her, and she trailed-off, suddenly feeling self-conscious. Of course, there was nothing she could currently do about her own situation. She could only hope that Professor Stradt would eventually have that answer. For now, however, her feelings of existential loneliness struck her for just a few seconds, panging in her empty, bloodless heart. When he asked for her name, however, Ambrosia suddenly perked. Once he knew her name, perhaps she would not simply be ‘that vampire girl’. “My name is Ambrosia. Ambrosia Krypta!” she answered, brightly.

One from Krypta? Huh, I hear they're renowned fire mages.
Oliver thought, munching on his cereal bar without thinking.

"Huh... Nice name, it's pretty." He answered shortly, though, the dread of her suddenly figuring out the Hofmann were specialized in hunting monsters filled him with dread. He sighed and continued.

"Just for point's sake, I don't have anything against non humans, vampires or otherwise. As long as they're nice to me, I'll treat them the same way." It felt sort of forced in a way, but that was mostly because Oliver had a tendency to not be well understood by his peers. It wasn't like he was super intelligent or anything or used complicated words. It was mostly social awkwardness and sometimes the difficulty to read cues showed. He was working on it, though.

"Don't take it the wrong way please, I'm just saying that because... Well... My magic, or at least the way I use it is fine tuned to hurt and kill monsters and other non humans. But unless you push me really far, you shouldn't have too many issues."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“Oh!...Um...okay...” She stared down at the cheesy omelette for a few moments, and then she began to wolf it down. She had rushed herself to get ready for class that morning, so she herself was running on an empty stomach. The hot, savoury omelette was delicious, and she nearly gulped it down whole. Huh! I guess being a vampire gives you an even better appetite than usual! That’s unexpected!...Hope there was no garlic in that, she thought. She then turned to Oliver and answered his question. “I’m a Fire Mage, but my Magic isn’t really well-defined. I’m not sure exactly what I want to do with it...I’m not the best Mage myself, which is why I wanted to train with Professor Stradt, and some other students too...” Oliver’s stare as he realized that she was a vampire did not escape her, and she trailed-off, suddenly feeling self-conscious. Of course, there was nothing she could currently do about her own situation. She could only hope that Professor Stradt would eventually have that answer. For now, however, her feelings of existential loneliness struck her for just a few seconds, panging in her empty, bloodless heart. When he asked for her name, however, Ambrosia suddenly perked. Once he knew her name, perhaps she would not simply be ‘that vampire girl’. “My name is Ambrosia. Ambrosia Krypta!” she answered, brightly.

"Huh... Nice name, it's pretty." He answered shortly, though, the dread of her suddenly figuring out the Hofmann were specialized in hunting monsters filled him with dread. He sighed and continued.

"Just for point's sake, I don't have anything against non humans, vampires or otherwise. As long as they're nice to me, I'll treat them the same way." It felt sort of forced in a way, but that was mostly because Oliver had a tendency to not be well understood by his peers. It wasn't like he was super intelligent or anything or used complicated words. It was mostly social awkwardness and sometimes the difficulty to read cues showed. He was working on it, though.

"Don't take it the wrong way please, I'm just saying that because... Well... My magic, or at least the way I use it is fine tuned to hurt and kill monsters and other non humans. But unless you push me really far, you shouldn't have too many issues."

Hunt...monsters?! Even as Oliver told her not to take it the wrong way, she could not help but be on guard now against him. She had already offended him once by bringing him a cheese omelette, but that had nothing to do with her being a vampire. Now, however, she understood that his powers were intended for attacking such as her, and that if she messed-up around him any further she might be putting her own life at risk. She gulped, trying to hide her fear, and nodded slowly. "...It's okay...a-and...as long as you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you too!" She giggled, trying to appear carefree again, but she knew that as she was, she would not be able to take him easily in a one-on-one fight. She could only hope that Professor Stradt's tutelage would aid her against him. "We've wasted enough time talking over here though. Let's go find Professor Stradt! Come on!" she cheered, grabbing his arm again and then dragging him across the campus. She could not let her nervousness get in the way of her becoming a better student and Mage, in preparation for the quarterly exams. Eventually, she found her teacher again, and ran toward her. "Professor Stradt! Professor Stradt! Hey!" When she arrived in front of her, she dragged Oliver next to her under the umbrella and grinned, twirling the teacher's ink-creation in her hand. "Here's another kid for you to talk to! His name is...Oliver? Yeah, Oliver. He can help me train for the quarterly exam! What do you think?" she inquired.
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Amanda Stradt
The Storyteller

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:

Hunt...monsters?! Even as Oliver told her not to take it the wrong way, she could not help but be on guard now against him. She had already offended him once by bringing him a cheese omelette, but that had nothing to do with her being a vampire. Now, however, she understood that his powers were intended for attacking such as her, and that if she messed-up around him any further she might be putting her own life at risk. She gulped, trying to hide her fear, and nodded slowly. "...It's okay...a-and...as long as you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you too!" She giggled, trying to appear carefree again, but she knew that as she was, she would not be able to take him easily in a one-on-one fight. She could only hope that Professor Stradt's tutelage would aid her against him. "We've wasted enough time talking over here though. Let's go find Professor Stradt! Come on!" she cheered, grabbing his arm again and then dragging him across the campus. She could not let her nervousness get in the way of her becoming a better student and Mage, in preparation for the quarterly exams. Eventually, she found her teacher again, and ran toward her. "Professor Stradt! Professor Stradt! Hey!" When she arrived in front of her, she dragged Oliver next to her under the umbrella and grinned, twirling the teacher's ink-creation in her hand. "Here's another kid for you to talk to! His name is...Oliver? Yeah, Oliver. He can help me train for the quarterly exam! What do you think?" she inquired.
Amanda chuckles at the girls lightning speeds, looking for another student. She jokingly mumbles under her breath, "That rare, but rugged enthusiasm may be the death of me." At this point, She sense Virgil making his way over to her. She begins moving the wheelchair of her own volition.

She sighs a little, "been a long time since I made a near-impossible promise, but I have all the time in the world."

She pauses a little to look up at the sky and the scene around her. It was a bit of a startling thing to look at. Stradt was always keen to take in the morning scene throughout her life. It often was a way to remind her of the small changes in the morning throughout her long life. Virgil jumped up and ruffled through the fabric of her clothing, hunched over inside of her collar. "Morning Cutie. Been a busy little familiar?"

Virgil nodded. He scribbled a little on his notepad. "preparing."

"For my return? Ah, there is always a lot to do in this school."

Virgil nodded. He licked her shoulder-blade a little, affectionately. Amanda giggled a little, before petting him with one of her hands.

Some time later, Ambrosia sped back to the teacher. She had seemingly dragged a student with her, his feet tilling the ground as she tugged him along. Amanda eased back into her wheelchair, placing one of her feet across the other, though with a little bit of trouble having to use her hand to reposition it. She rested her head on one of her hands. The other arm adjusted a small bit of her hair as it got in the way of her own eyes. She gave a grin, one that most students had decided was the face of pure eviil. Her smirk staring into Oliver and Ambrosia.

"Well, good to see you two. I think I remember the name from when I was sifting the roster yesterday... you are in my class, yes, Oliver?"
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse