NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Charlia wrote:Kasumi just sighed, standing up slowly and nodding, just a bit.

Maybe he'll help... Oh, who am I kidding?! No one can help. Besides... Bitterness clouded her mind for a moment. He can't even take care of himself. I didn't realize she was hurting so badly because I was so busy trying to take care of him. If I hadn't been worrying about him so much... would I have seen it? Maybe I could have done something... Maybe I could have saved her.

"...How am I supposed to tell her something that ruined her life?" she asked dully. "I don't know how it'll affect her. She might... she might try to kill herself again."

She's already dead, though, isn't she? The Hikari I know... is gone.

Henry Von Kressel

"And in this case, we will remember her why she shouldn't do it once more. But we don't have the right to determine, to elect the information she has access about her own life. We need to tell her what happened, how it happened, and then help her to recover her memory and personality."

Even if he spoke of it with a certainty that would impress Kasumi, she brought up a valid point. What if Hikari tried to kill herself again soon as she remembered her years of abuse? The death of her parents? Henry was worried. Specially now, that he was going to be distant, he was uncertain if Kasumi wouldn't seize this opportunity to help her sister to become a better person.

They walked out of the library, through Mana's destroyed grounds after the battle, until they found out Soleil, near Oliver, who apparently offered himself to train the young Soleil.

"I'm... sorry to interrupt your conversation, but, Soleil, I think Kasumi would like to talk with you, after you finish your private talk with Oliver."

"...Huh?..." Soleil stopped blushing, as someone else called to him nearby. Henry had returned, now with Kasumi, whom Soleil had not seen since yesterday morning. She had slept through the entire ordeal with Katelyn, and now she was here, looking worried about something. He nodded to Oliver, and he turned to Henry and Kasumi. "...Kasumi-chan!...Y-You...wanted to talk to me?...How are you?...H-How are Natalie and Hikari-san?...A-Are they okay?..." Based upon Kasumi's expression, he was guessing that something was wrong with Hikari, but he did not know what. He had never seen the group fighting Kasumi's sister, and had only seen the rest of his friends at the end, after he had arrived with Ruta and Chikage.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"And in this case, we will remember her why she shouldn't do it once more. But we don't have the right to determine, to elect the information she has access about her own life. We need to tell her what happened, how it happened, and then help her to recover her memory and personality."

Even if he spoke of it with a certainty that would impress Kasumi, she brought up a valid point. What if Hikari tried to kill herself again soon as she remembered her years of abuse? The death of her parents? Henry was worried. Specially now, that he was going to be distant, he was uncertain if Kasumi wouldn't seize this opportunity to help her sister to become a better person.

They walked out of the library, through Mana's destroyed grounds after the battle, until they found out Soleil, near Oliver, who apparently offered himself to train the young Soleil.

"I'm... sorry to interrupt your conversation, but, Soleil, I think Kasumi would like to talk with you, after you finish your private talk with Oliver."

"...Huh?..." Soleil stopped blushing, as someone else called to him nearby. Henry had returned, now with Kasumi, whom Soleil had not seen since yesterday morning. She had slept through the entire ordeal with Katelyn, and now she was here, looking worried about something. He nodded to Oliver, and he turned to Henry and Kasumi. "...Kasumi-chan!...Y-You...wanted to talk to me?...How are you?...H-How are Natalie and Hikari-san?...A-Are they okay?..." Based upon Kasumi's expression, he was guessing that something was wrong with Hikari, but he did not know what. He had never seen the group fighting Kasumi's sister, and had only seen the rest of his friends at the end, after he had arrived with Ruta and Chikage.

Oliver felt somewhat relieved to find someone that didn't know the name of his family, most people that knew them considered them to be merciless killers, calculating tacticians or ruthless fighters.
All of which he wasn't, to an extent of course.

As he was about to formulate his answer though, Soleil's attention was divided by the couple a few meters away, from his reaction the hunter raised an eyebrow.

The hell are you thinking about?

He could only wonder what exactly was going on in Soleil's mind.

"Either way, we'll need to go for physical training, due to being stuck without mana for a bit, I essentially skipped last night's series.
So you'll accompany me. I won't go easy on you though. Prepare to sweat."

Yet, as he was about to go, he found himself stuck in place as Soleil was, once again, interested by something else.
He looked at the girl and went straight back into his usual apathetic self.

This will go one of two ways, south, or absolutely fine. I'm not betting on either, my shit luck will bite me in the ass.
I have a bad feeling about the girl. Egh, smells like it's going to be drama. Thank Balder I can't read minds.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"...Hikari-chan is physically unharmed," Kasumi replied flatly. "She has lost all memory of herself and the rest of us, as well. I... don't know whether or not she'll recover."

Her hands were clasped behind her back, and she looked away pointedly.

Why did I stop taking my medications? This would hurt so much less...

Would it even matter? For all intents and purposes, she's still dead, and nothing will change that. Everything that made her who she was is gone. Her memories, her feelings... She doesn't even look the same.

I should have seen it sooner.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Valerie Teichmüller

"So, did you get caught up in the ruckus last night? I don't really know what happened after Katelyn went down."

Valerie raised her eyes questioningly. Well if anything this confirmed that Catherine was more knowledgeable of the events of last night than herself, and if she wished to dismiss the ignorance of her peers, than Catherine was the perfect person to ask. Laying the sword to the ground as she tried to act calmly about Catherine manipulation of the blood on the sword, she prepared her question and to speak with poise.

"No, I was among the student body as they were instructed to remain inside and stay secure. Rumors are floating about as to what truly happened, and I planned to figure out what happened." Valerie explained, and brushed her hair out of her eye, revealing her unnatural paleness before readjusting to its previous position.

"I must ask however, who is this Katelyn?" Valerie inquired. She tilted her head, genuinely curious to hear about the events of the previous night.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:21 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Huh?..." Soleil stopped blushing, as someone else called to him nearby. Henry had returned, now with Kasumi, whom Soleil had not seen since yesterday morning. She had slept through the entire ordeal with Katelyn, and now she was here, looking worried about something. He nodded to Oliver, and he turned to Henry and Kasumi. "...Kasumi-chan!...Y-You...wanted to talk to me?...How are you?...H-How are Natalie and Hikari-san?...A-Are they okay?..." Based upon Kasumi's expression, he was guessing that something was wrong with Hikari, but he did not know what. He had never seen the group fighting Kasumi's sister, and had only seen the rest of his friends at the end, after he had arrived with Ruta and Chikage.
"...Hikari-chan is physically unharmed," Kasumi replied flatly. "She has lost all memory of herself and the rest of us, as well. I... don't know whether or not she'll recover."

Would it even matter? For all intents and purposes, she's still dead, and nothing will change that. Everything that made her who she was is gone. Her memories, her feelings... She doesn't even look the same.

"...Sh-She...lost her memory?" Soleil questioned, his eyes growing large as Kasumi mentioned her sister's amnesia. "...But...but how?...Wh-What happened to her last night?...I-I thought she was in the dorms with you!..." He walked over to Kasumi, and he put his hands on her shoulders, now beginning to panic. He really had missed quite a lot, in the night before. Now he wanted to know everything. Nobody had told him Kasumi or Hikari had been injured, or that Hikari had lost her memory. "W-Were you hurt last night at all?...Please, I-I never saw...what happened to everyone last night...I-I came over here, I saw Henry, Shaun, and Allistor...a-and I presumed that everyone was okay...I'm so sorry..." he stammered.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:28 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"...Hikari-chan is physically unharmed," Kasumi replied flatly. "She has lost all memory of herself and the rest of us, as well. I... don't know whether or not she'll recover."

"...Sh-She...lost her memory?" Soleil questioned, his eyes growing large as Kasumi mentioned her sister's amnesia. "...But...but how?...Wh-What happened to her last night?...I-I thought she was in the dorms with you!..." He walked over to Kasumi, and he put his hands on her shoulders, now beginning to panic. He really had missed quite a lot, in the night before. Now he wanted to know everything. Nobody had told him Kasumi or Hikari had been injured, or that Hikari had lost her memory. "W-Were you hurt last night at all?...Please, I-I never saw...what happened to everyone last night...I-I came over here, I saw Henry, Shaun, and Allistor...a-and I presumed that everyone was okay...I'm so sorry..." he stammered.
"No," Kasumi said quietly. "She was somehow manipulated by whatever was controlling Starling-san. There was a fight, and apparently when it was all over, her memories were gone. Again, she is physically unharmed. But she remembers nothing."

I'm tempted to think that's a good thing. Perhaps she can be happier now. But then again...

"Aether-sensei informed me that she didn't even recall her own name... much less anyone else. Everything is gone."

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine followed the new girls eyes as she watched Catherine's magic, it wasn't hard to notice Valerie's interest. Many people seemed to react that way to blood magic, and at least it wasn't open disgust.

"Kate is, maybe was, a student her. Seems that something took control of her. I don't know what you want to call it, maybe a demon some shit like that. Seems that thing wanted to take over to school. Most of the students and teachers objected to that. So we fought her. She stabbed me. It just kind of generally sucked. Such is the life of a mage I guess. Least I left this battle mostly intact."
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Sh-She...lost her memory?" Soleil questioned, his eyes growing large as Kasumi mentioned her sister's amnesia. "...But...but how?...Wh-What happened to her last night?...I-I thought she was in the dorms with you!..." He walked over to Kasumi, and he put his hands on her shoulders, now beginning to panic. He really had missed quite a lot, in the night before. Now he wanted to know everything. Nobody had told him Kasumi or Hikari had been injured, or that Hikari had lost her memory. "W-Were you hurt last night at all?...Please, I-I never saw...what happened to everyone last night...I-I came over here, I saw Henry, Shaun, and Allistor...a-and I presumed that everyone was okay...I'm so sorry..." he stammered.
"No," Kasumi said quietly. "She was somehow manipulated by whatever was controlling Starling-san. There was a fight, and apparently when it was all over, her memories were gone. Again, she is physically unharmed. But she remembers nothing."

I'm tempted to think that's a good thing. Perhaps she can be happier now. But then again...

"Aether-sensei informed me that she didn't even recall her own name... much less anyone else. Everything is gone."

"...'M-Manipulated...by...whatever was controlling...'" Soleil repeated her words, his eyes wide with horror. So Katelyn had been possessed? She was merely acting on her own? He shuddered. The being he had confronted the night before, then, had been a demon, not Katelyn herself. ...So...that was why...Ruta was...so quiet...That was not Katelyn at all...That thing was...controlling Katelyn...and...it also controlled Hikari-san...poor Hikari-san...she was tormented by that thing all night...But the Jaegars will not let us see Katelyn! Perhaps I can go see Hikari-san, however...perhaps...I-I can help her somehow!... Determined to help Hikari to remember her family and friends, he pecked Kasumi on the cheek, to cheer her up. "...It's okay...W-We're gonna help Hikari-san to remember...I-It...just might take some time...We're her family...W-We can't give up on her! Please!...Bring me to her!" he implored her.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"No," Kasumi said quietly. "She was somehow manipulated by whatever was controlling Starling-san. There was a fight, and apparently when it was all over, her memories were gone. Again, she is physically unharmed. But she remembers nothing."

"...'M-Manipulated...by...whatever was controlling...'" Soleil repeated her words, his eyes wide with horror. So Katelyn had been possessed? She was merely acting on her own? He shuddered. The being he had confronted the night before, then, had been a demon, not Katelyn herself. ...So...that was why...Ruta was...so quiet...That was not Katelyn at all...That thing was...controlling Katelyn...and...it also controlled Hikari-san...poor Hikari-san...she was tormented by that thing all night...But the Jaegars will not let us see Katelyn! Perhaps I can go see Hikari-san, however...perhaps...I-I can help her somehow!... Determined to help Hikari to remember her family and friends, he pecked Kasumi on the cheek, to cheer her up. "...It's okay...W-We're gonna help Hikari-san to remember...I-It...just might take some time...We're her family...W-We can't give up on her! Please!...Bring me to her!" he implored her.
"...She's in the infirmary at the moment," Kasumi replied, turning away. "So, follow me."

Once they arrived at the infirmary, they found Natalie, in her doll form, curled up and sleeping happily on Hikari's stomach. Hikari just looked at the two of them blankly, tilting her head to the side. Are they here for me? I don't know them, but then again, I hardly know anyone, so it's not exactly an indication...

Well, if they are here for me, I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:10 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...'M-Manipulated...by...whatever was controlling...'" Soleil repeated her words, his eyes wide with horror. So Katelyn had been possessed? She was merely acting on her own? He shuddered. The being he had confronted the night before, then, had been a demon, not Katelyn herself. ...So...that was why...Ruta was...so quiet...That was not Katelyn at all...That thing was...controlling Katelyn...and...it also controlled Hikari-san...poor Hikari-san...she was tormented by that thing all night...But the Jaegars will not let us see Katelyn! Perhaps I can go see Hikari-san, however...perhaps...I-I can help her somehow!... Determined to help Hikari to remember her family and friends, he pecked Kasumi on the cheek, to cheer her up. "...It's okay...W-We're gonna help Hikari-san to remember...I-It...just might take some time...We're her family...W-We can't give up on her! Please!...Bring me to her!" he implored her.
"...She's in the infirmary at the moment," Kasumi replied, turning away. "So, follow me."

Once they arrived at the infirmary, they found Natalie, in her doll form, curled up and sleeping happily on Hikari's stomach. Hikari just looked at the two of them blankly, tilting her head to the side. Are they here for me? I don't know them, but then again, I hardly know anyone, so it's not exactly an indication...

Soleil walked into the infirmary, and he looked around. Rabbit and Artosh were both there, as well, and Cecily and John were in the room working with other patients. Cecily turned for a moment to wave to Soleil, and he waved back, smiling shyly. He then walked toward Hikari, a little nervous. No recognition showed in her eyes. She stared blankly at him, as though she and he were meeting for the first time. He walked to the side of her bed, and he smiled at Natalie first. "Hi, Natalie!...Good to see that you're okay!...You have to help us take care of Hikari-san!" He then turned to Hikari, and he took her hand. "...H-Hikari-san?...It's...it's me, Soleil. I'm...your sister's...boyfriend!...Do you remember me?...I remember you...I came to check on you, because I was afraid that you were hurting...How are you feeling?" he inquired, gently.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:05 pm

"See you later I guess?" Oliver simply said, rather baffled at the fact that Soleil simply left, almost forcefully through the other's girl's pressure.

Soleil seems to be highly submissive. That's not going to be good for him at all.
If I do go back to Europe, he'll tag along with me. And if he does, not only is that going to set a Hofmann-Rise war that we're eventually going to win due to the fact they don't expect us, but it'll also mean he'll get wounded, or even killed just because someone spoke to him.
Someone like that shouldn't have been able to survive that long... What happened?
The man thought for a moment, sitting on the grass.

"This is a fucking roller coaster is what that is." He sighed, after laying back completely onto the grass, he spoke to himself again.

"Maybe I should've followed him. But it'll probably end in further drama, it's not a good idea. Specially since I punched that girl with two to three hundred kilograms of steel.
Not exactly good form."

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"...She's in the infirmary at the moment," Kasumi replied, turning away. "So, follow me."

Soleil walked into the infirmary, and he looked around. Rabbit and Artosh were both there, as well, and Cecily and John were in the room working with other patients. Cecily turned for a moment to wave to Soleil, and he waved back, smiling shyly. He then walked toward Hikari, a little nervous. No recognition showed in her eyes. She stared blankly at him, as though she and he were meeting for the first time. He walked to the side of her bed, and he smiled at Natalie first. "Hi, Natalie!...Good to see that you're okay!...You have to help us take care of Hikari-san!" He then turned to Hikari, and he took her hand. "...H-Hikari-san?...It's...it's me, Soleil. I'm...your sister's...boyfriend!...Do you remember me?...I remember you...I came to check on you, because I was afraid that you were hurting...How are you feeling?" he inquired, gently.
Hikari looked down at her hand, and then back up at Soleil. "I don't remember you at all," she said bluntly, shrugging. "Or her. So you're the sister I've been told about, huh?"

Kasumi nodded. "I wasn't here before because I was trying to find a way to restore your memories... I couldn't find anything, though," she said softly. "I'm sorry."

"...Well, you tried, that's what matters," Hikari replied with another shrug. "As for how I feel... Confused. A bit sore. Otherwise, pretty okay, I guess. I'd say I've been worse, but I don't know if that's true or not so I probably shouldn't," she added jokingly. "So what's up? With life, I mean. Since I don't have a clue... Any other people I should know about?"

...I still don't know how much I should tell her, Kasumi fretted. I don't want to make her miserable again. She's already suffered so much because of her past, it might be better to just let her forget about it... I could make something up to try and explain anything she asks about... the scars on her arms, for example... Just like creating a story... And she can be happy then.

That's what I'll do...

She couldn't have a happy life before, so I'll make sure she has one now... It'll be like coming up with a new character. This is my chance. Even if she's not the same Hikari, she deserves to be happy, so I'll make sure she is... This time, she's going to have a good life.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Serah wrote:"See you later I guess?" Oliver simply said, rather baffled at the fact that Soleil simply left, almost forcefully through the other's girl's pressure.

Soleil seems to be highly submissive. That's not going to be good for him at all.
If I do go back to Europe, he'll tag along with me. And if he does, not only is that going to set a Hofmann-Rise war that we're eventually going to win due to the fact they don't expect us, but it'll also mean he'll get wounded, or even killed just because someone spoke to him.
Someone like that shouldn't have been able to survive that long... What happened?

"This is a fucking roller coaster is what that is." He sighed, after laying back completely onto the grass, he spoke to himself again.

"Maybe I should've followed him. But it'll probably end in further drama, it's not a good idea. Specially since I punched that girl with two to three hundred kilograms of steel.
Not exactly good form."

Henry Von Kressel

When Soleil left with Kasumi, Henry stayed behind with Oliver. The new kid seemed to suffer worrying about the same thing Henry suffered when he first arrived at the Academy: The surname. At the battle he heard the Hofmann after the Oliver, and saw the ability of his family in action.

Standing near the student who laid down in the grass while looking at the horizon, Henry knew that it might be a good time to talk to him about it.

"Oliver, isn't it? I'd say we were introduced in a rather... troubled situation. Name's Henry. So, liking the Academy so far?"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Serah wrote:"See you later I guess?" Oliver simply said, rather baffled at the fact that Soleil simply left, almost forcefully through the other's girl's pressure.

Not exactly good form."

Henry Von Kressel

When Soleil left with Kasumi, Henry stayed behind with Oliver. The new kid seemed to suffer worrying about the same thing Henry suffered when he first arrived at the Academy: The surname. At the battle he heard the Hofmann after the Oliver, and saw the ability of his family in action.

Standing near the student who laid down in the grass while looking at the horizon, Henry knew that it might be a good time to talk to him about it.

"Oliver, isn't it? I'd say we were introduced in a rather... troubled situation. Name's Henry. So, liking the Academy so far?"

"That's me. But I've been here for four months already.
The only thing I did miss is that fabled trip to Paris you guys did. Other than that... I can't say I dislike the Academy but I can't exactly say I love it either." Oliver responded, rather tiredly.

"I don't think you spoke to me with nothing else in mind other than small conversation.
You know either me, my family, or my arm. And I'm not sure the first is right.
So what's it about? The situation in Europe, or yesterday?" He continued calmly, he preferred to go right to the point. It didn't impact him much either way.

"If it's the situation in Europe, I can't say much. I've been to it in four months and I basically cut off all ties with them.
Save for... Well, my arm."

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Serah wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

The only thing I did miss is that fabled trip to Paris you guys did. Other than that... I can't say I dislike the Academy but I can't exactly say I love it either." Oliver responded, rather tiredly.

"I don't think you spoke to me with nothing else in mind other than small conversation.
So what's it about? The situation in Europe, or yesterday?" He continued calmly, he preferred to go right to the point. It didn't impact him much either way.

"If it's the situation in Europe, I can't say much. I've been to it in four months and I basically cut off all ties with them.

Henry Von Kressel

"I do know your family, Oliver but the topic I had in mind in this particular conversation isn't in Europe, currently. And no, I do not know your arm, I guess. The topic of this conversation is Soleil, actually."

Calmly, Henry sat on the ground, but kept looking at the horizon, almost like something could come out of there and join them in their conversation. Maybe it was the hope he had that he would come back alive from Europe, and that Soleil would become a great, capable warrior while he was absent.

"I can't say I didn't notice the way you referred to Soleil's... behavior a few seconds ago. And I'd like to say that I'm sad that I will be missing this opportunity, to help him evolve as a mage, so I thought I could talk with you about it. See... Soleil lost his mother months ago. His father? He never spoke of him, at least not near us. This Academy is the only place where he found peace and acceptance and these people are the family he has now.

And I know that certain types of training take away this capacity of relating to places and people. They become objectives, numbers, missions, statistics, walking strategies that you can analyze and extract something positive out of it. However, Soleil can't be taught in this way. He came here for a reason. If he accepted the training he was given, we would be trying to kill him in Europe right now.

So, given the fact you are one of the people training him, I thought I could give you a piece of advice: Don't try to make him into the fearless warrior. It won't work and it won't help him. Soleil needs to evolve to a grown man, not a grown weapon. And I'm sure you know the difference between them."

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Serah wrote:

Henry Von Kressel

"I do know your family, Oliver but the topic I had in mind in this particular conversation isn't in Europe, currently. And no, I do not know your arm, I guess. The topic of this conversation is Soleil, actually."

Calmly, Henry sat on the ground, but kept looking at the horizon, almost like something could come out of there and join them in their conversation. Maybe it was the hope he had that he would come back alive from Europe, and that Soleil would become a great, capable warrior while he was absent.

"I can't say I didn't notice the way you referred to Soleil's... behavior a few seconds ago. And I'd like to say that I'm sad that I will be missing this opportunity, to help him evolve as a mage, so I thought I could talk with you about it. See... Soleil lost his mother months ago. His father? He never spoke of him, at least not near us. This Academy is the only place where he found peace and acceptance and these people are the family he has now.

And I know that certain types of training take away this capacity of relating to places and people. They become objectives, numbers, missions, statistics, walking strategies that you can analyze and extract something positive out of it. However, Soleil can't be taught in this way. He came here for a reason. If he accepted the training he was given, we would be trying to kill him in Europe right now.

So, given the fact you are one of the people training him, I thought I could give you a piece of advice: Don't try to make him into the fearless warrior. It won't work and it won't help him. Soleil needs to evolve to a grown man, not a grown weapon. And I'm sure you know the difference between them."

"You have no idea." Oliver chuckled, which had been a rare occurrence outside his room.
"But I can ease your fears. The training he's going through with me is not how my family trained me, and it's also the reason why I left.
I don't want to be a weapon, and I wholly understand someone else not wishing to be one. Under my guidance, you can be sure he won't become what I almost turned out to be." He explained calmly, although a hint of sadness could be found.

"...You look like you're staring death in the face right now.
I take it you're going to Europe? Well... If so, I think I can anticipate my family's behavior pretty well. And you can be sure they'll side with you, but not openly.
No letters, no actual official help. Although intelligence wise, since we're regarded as non entities by the Rise, we can pull some strings. Or even find stuff out about their operations.
And if I'm right, which I probably am given how much I know them, they probably called my wife in. Now I can't predict what she will do, but I can direct her to you, should you wish so." He continued.

"Now you may be thinking, why's he assuming I won't side with the Rise? Well... You likely wouldn't be here. Also the fact that I have a good gut feeling you won't.
Anyway... My wife's name is Shino, Shino Eiko. Yes, Japanese, it's our Asian vassals. She can pack serious firepower if she wants to.
On the side, you can contact Albert Hofmann, he's my grand-uncle, and the one who rules at the moment. He can send you reinforcements and such during raids. If he sends only one person, don't be alarmed, one person in my family can be worth fifty, if not a hundred." Oliver made his offer, it was up for Henry to take or not, but it would still be standing, even if he did initially refuse it.

"And if you're wondering why I'm offering you eventual protection, is because you're already feeling like you're not going to survive. You're close to Soleil, and while I don't exactly know either of you well enough to make an educated judgement, I think that if you were to die, you would regret no seeing Soleil's progress come to fruition, and Soleil would mourn your death eternally. Just look at how that Hikari girl's amnesia hit him like a truck.
And I also know just how painful it is to lose someone dear to you. I know that all too well."

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:17 am

Serah wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

"You have no idea." Oliver chuckled, which had been a rare occurrence outside his room.
"But I can ease your fears. The training he's going through with me is not how my family trained me, and it's also the reason why I left.
I don't want to be a weapon, and I wholly understand someone else not wishing to be one. Under my guidance, you can be sure he won't become what I almost turned out to be." He explained calmly, although a hint of sadness could be found.

I take it you're going to Europe? Well... If so, I think I can anticipate my family's behavior pretty well. And you can be sure they'll side with you, but not openly.
No letters, no actual official help. Although intelligence wise, since we're regarded as non entities by the Rise, we can pull some strings. Or even find stuff out about their operations.
And if I'm right, which I probably am given how much I know them, they probably called my wife in. Now I can't predict what she will do, but I can direct her to you, should you wish so." He continued.

"Now you may be thinking, why's he assuming I won't side with the Rise? Well... You likely wouldn't be here. Also the fact that I have a good gut feeling you won't.
Anyway... My wife's name is Shino, Shino Eiko. Yes, Japanese, it's our Asian vassals. She can pack serious firepower if she wants to.
On the side, you can contact Albert Hofmann, he's my grand-uncle, and the one who rules at the moment. He can send you reinforcements and such during raids. If he sends only one person, don't be alarmed, one person in my family can be worth fifty, if not a hundred." Oliver made his offer, it was up for Henry to take or not, but it would still be standing, even if he did initially refuse it.

"And if you're wondering why I'm offering you eventual protection, is because you're already feeling like you're not going to survive. You're close to Soleil, and while I don't exactly know either of you well enough to make an educated judgement, I think that if you were to die, you would regret no seeing Soleil's progress come to fruition, and Soleil would mourn your death eternally. Just look at how that Hikari girl's amnesia hit him like a truck.
And I also know just how painful it is to lose someone dear to you. I know that all too well."

Henry Von Kressel

Am expression of surprise clearly took over his face when Oliver mentioned a wife. He was already married? However, he kept listening to the newer student. Henry was happy that Oliver understood his worries and Soleil's worries too, even in his own unusual manner.

"Europe? Yes, I'll be traveling there tomorrow. Sure, I'd like to meet your wife while I'm at Europe. I'll be at Schloss Hellbrunn, in Salzburg, Austria. Your grandfather is at... Munich, right? Sure, I can talk with him too. I'll need to visit many allies as I can before the first conflict starts...

I thank you for your help, Oliver. If you don't mind me asking... Are you really already married?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil walked into the infirmary, and he looked around. Rabbit and Artosh were both there, as well, and Cecily and John were in the room working with other patients. Cecily turned for a moment to wave to Soleil, and he waved back, smiling shyly. He then walked toward Hikari, a little nervous. No recognition showed in her eyes. She stared blankly at him, as though she and he were meeting for the first time. He walked to the side of her bed, and he smiled at Natalie first. "Hi, Natalie!...Good to see that you're okay!...You have to help us take care of Hikari-san!" He then turned to Hikari, and he took her hand. "...H-Hikari-san?...It's...it's me, Soleil. I'm...your sister's...boyfriend!...Do you remember me?...I remember you...I came to check on you, because I was afraid that you were hurting...How are you feeling?" he inquired, gently.
Hikari looked down at her hand, and then back up at Soleil. "I don't remember you at all," she said bluntly, shrugging. "Or her. So you're the sister I've been told about, huh?"

Kasumi nodded. "I wasn't here before because I was trying to find a way to restore your memories... I couldn't find anything, though," she said softly. "I'm sorry."

"...Well, you tried, that's what matters," Hikari replied with another shrug. "As for how I feel... Confused. A bit sore. Otherwise, pretty okay, I guess. I'd say I've been worse, but I don't know if that's true or not so I probably shouldn't," she added jokingly. "So what's up? With life, I mean. Since I don't have a clue... Any other people I should know about?"

...I still don't know how much I should tell her, Kasumi fretted. I don't want to make her miserable again. She's already suffered so much because of her past, it might be better to just let her forget about it... I could make something up to try and explain anything she asks about... the scars on her arms, for example... Just like creating a story... And she can be happy then.

That's what I'll do...

She couldn't have a happy life before, so I'll make sure she has one now... It'll be like coming up with a new character. This is my chance. Even if she's not the same Hikari, she deserves to be happy, so I'll make sure she is... This time, she's going to have a good life.

She really did not remember anything. Soleil felt his heart sink in his chest, yet he tried to remain cheerful for Hikari anyway. "...I-It's okay!...Maybe her memories will return soon!...M-Maybe she just...needs some time. In the meantime, we'll take good care of her! We'll make sure she's comfortable, and we'll show her around campus again!...I-It'll be just like the first day of school again, that's all. But we'll make it fun!" he reassured both girls, and Natalie.

Cecily walked by then, giggling slightly at Soleil's optimism. For a child who was once so scared and shy around others, now he was a bright and shining light for his classmates, always ready to lend a hand to those around him. She approached Hikari's bedside, and greeted the group present, her soft British accent light and refreshed after a night's rest. "...We'll be sure to take good care of her as well, don't worry. We want her to be as happy and relaxed here as possible. And we also hope that she recovers her memories soon." She then turned to Hikari, her expression kind and...almost motherly, for once. "How are you feeling this morning? Do you want us to get you anything to eat?" she inquired.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:36 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Hikari looked down at her hand, and then back up at Soleil. "I don't remember you at all," she said bluntly, shrugging. "Or her. So you're the sister I've been told about, huh?"

That's what I'll do...

She really did not remember anything. Soleil felt his heart sink in his chest, yet he tried to remain cheerful for Hikari anyway. "...I-It's okay!...Maybe her memories will return soon!...M-Maybe she just...needs some time. In the meantime, we'll take good care of her! We'll make sure she's comfortable, and we'll show her around campus again!...I-It'll be just like the first day of school again, that's all. But we'll make it fun!" he reassured both girls, and Natalie.

Cecily walked by then, giggling slightly at Soleil's optimism. For a child who was once so scared and shy around others, now he was a bright and shining light for his classmates, always ready to lend a hand to those around him. She approached Hikari's bedside, and greeted the group present, her soft British accent light and refreshed after a night's rest. "...We'll be sure to take good care of her as well, don't worry. We want her to be as happy and relaxed here as possible. And we also hope that she recovers her memories soon." She then turned to Hikari, her expression kind and...almost motherly, for once. "How are you feeling this morning? Do you want us to get you anything to eat?" she inquired.
"I'm... really hungry, yeah," Hikari replied slowly. "Natalie gave me some cheese, but... I can't eat that for breakfast, right?"

"You can eat cheese for anything," Natalie retorted, leveling a mock glare at Hikari. "Silly Mama. Cheese is cheese."

"...Is this normal?" Hikari asked, tilting her head slightly. Kasumi just nodded. Very normal.

"Cheese," Natalie said again, pulling out another wedge and nibbling on it happily.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:35 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Serah wrote:

Henry Von Kressel

Am expression of surprise clearly took over his face when Oliver mentioned a wife. He was already married? However, he kept listening to the newer student. Henry was happy that Oliver understood his worries and Soleil's worries too, even in his own unusual manner.

"Europe? Yes, I'll be traveling there tomorrow. Sure, I'd like to meet your wife while I'm at Europe. I'll be at Schloss Hellbrunn, in Salzburg, Austria. Your grandfather is at... Munich, right? Sure, I can talk with him too. I'll need to visit many allies as I can before the first conflict starts...

I thank you for your help, Oliver. If you don't mind me asking... Are you really already married?"

Oliver nodded in response, but still continued to elaborate.

"Austria? Hm. Well she'll probably stop by Strasburg first, if you can get her there, do. It's our second HQ, that one and München are our main domains, though as I've said, politics aren't exactly part of our priorities.
If anything, I can still call her and tell her to head there. No one would mind, especially not if she told them it was a direct order from me."

Then came the big question, Oliver found himself blushing a bit.

"Initially, it was a power/political marriage. It would strengthen my bloodline, while keeping strong ties with the Eiko house. But, as I've been traveling a lot and she has too, we were together almost constantly. Eventually, both sides thought that marrying each other could bring some benefits, and given how we progressively started to have feelings for the other, both our families essentially told us to get married. Which we were already planning on doing. Though it was planned for several years prior.
For now, we're just fiancees. Nothing more. Although should I come back, the married status would apply." He calmly answered. Although just thinking of her made him shiver a bit.

"Though... I don't know if she'll exactly forgive me for the last time we saw each other. She'll tell you why, if you do meet her. And if she did forgive me, she'll tell you. It's an essential part of her plan."

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Valerie Teichmüller

"Such is the life of a mage I guess. Least I left this battle mostly intact."

Valerie was taken aback by the vulgarity and revelation of what had occurred the previous night. This Kate had borne fruit to a demon? Students and teachers alike fought the manifestation of evil? Catherine seemed rather accepting of the fact she had been severely wounded in the fight, and if she was one of the students that combated this demon, she would assume her skill was to be reckoned with.

"So, was this demon simply stronger than yourself? Did you miscalculate? Perhaps the teachers erred and you suffered for a mistake?" Valerie was curious to know more about her fight with the demon, and was not worried to ask anything that could possibly force the other student to demean herself.

"Though I suppose the life of a mage is indeed filled with unfortunate circumstances." Valerie stated, knowledgeable of said circumstances herself.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:47 pm

"Stronger, I don't really think so. Perhaps alone it would have been a threat, but with the others joining in to put it down It really didn't stand much of a chance. We handed it a pretty resounding beat down. I mean, she was down well before I entered a healing trance. Plus, blood mage. Heart wound isn't exactly life threatening to me, unless I run myself dry of mana."

Catherine was slightly bemused at the strange girls shock about the recent events. This was the third such incendent of students being called to fight to defend themselves in the school year. But as she paid more attention, other odd things about the girl jumped out at her.

"So I'm guess from the fact we haven't met and that you see surprised by someone going crazy and trying to murder us all that you're pretty new here. Seems to be a rather common occurrence. It's what, the forth time that's happened since I've been here."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Valerie Teichmüller

"So I'm guessing from the fact we haven't met and that you see surprised by someone going crazy and trying to murder us all that you're pretty new here. Seems to be a rather common occurrence. It's what, the forth time that's happened since I've been here."

Valerie tried to come up with a witty response, but her previous interest in last nights incident, and this girls nonchalant acceptance of her circumstances were enough to throw the undead girl off. She stared at Catherine, seemingly trying to gauge if she was being serious or not, but unable to detect any lie behind her words. Not that Valerie was an expert in telling when people were lying.

"I see...blood mage? I can't say I've ever met one before." Valerie spoke thoughtfully, genuinely curious by Catherine's claim.

"I must admit, such a title intrigues me. If I may be so bold, where did you learn your craft?" Valerie inquired.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Serah wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Oliver nodded in response, but still continued to elaborate.

"Austria? Hm. Well she'll probably stop by Strasburg first, if you can get her there, do. It's our second HQ, that one and München are our main domains, though as I've said, politics aren't exactly part of our priorities.
If anything, I can still call her and tell her to head there. No one would mind, especially not if she told them it was a direct order from me."

Then came the big question, Oliver found himself blushing a bit.

"Initially, it was a power/political marriage. It would strengthen my bloodline, while keeping strong ties with the Eiko house. But, as I've been traveling a lot and she has too, we were together almost constantly. Eventually, both sides thought that marrying each other could bring some benefits, and given how we progressively started to have feelings for the other, both our families essentially told us to get married. Which we were already planning on doing. Though it was planned for several years prior.
For now, we're just fiancees. Nothing more. Although should I come back, the married status would apply." He calmly answered. Although just thinking of her made him shiver a bit.

"Though... I don't know if she'll exactly forgive me for the last time we saw each other. She'll tell you why, if you do meet her. And if she did forgive me, she'll tell you. It's an essential part of her plan."

Henry Von Kressel

"Oh... That's good, I suppose. Not often arranged marriages turn out to be successful, so I'm... somewhat glad to hear it. Sure, please call her and tell her to head to Hellbrunn when she feels comfortable with the idea... Of course, if it doesn't cause problems to your marriage. I'll also visit your grandfather when I have the chance.

Again, thanks for your support about this particular subject. I'll admit I wasn't expecting your help so eagerly and so sooner."

Henry kept note of the names and places: He would need to visit them soon as possible after he arrived at Europe and organized the documents of his own Seat in Austria. It was ironical: Two persons, without two decades of life, were living the lives of adults: One facing marriage problems and the other one was thinking about how he would organize his lordship.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:08 pm

"I don't know, where did you learn to go through entire conversations with out taking a breath, or having a single heart beat? Well, I'm rather sure those weren't skills you just learned, and I could say the same for my magic. It is intrinsic to me, it came such as walking and talking."

At the same time as Catherine made her bold statements about what Valerie was, or could be, the shadows gathered around her missing arm, again forming the clawed limb granted to her by Erebus. Catherine doubted the girl before her was any kind of threat, but still, being prepared did no harm.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads