NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:45 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:She felt very confused, now. Soleil stole her medicine? Sweet, quiet, unobtrusive Soleil?

"...why... why would you take my medicine?" she asked, sounding dazed and confused. "I... I do not understand... why steal my medicine? Doesn't make... doesn't make sense..."

"...I-I...You were...y-you seemed so...so unhappy...wh-when you were...when you were on the medicine...I wanted to...make you happy...Pl-Please...forgive me..." he whispered, tearing again as he spoke. He then stopped hugging her, and he stood in front of her. "...I-I'll go get the medicine, if you want me too..." he whispered.

"..."

She latched back onto him, still wanting hugs.

"...why'd you want me to be happy?" she asked. "...confused... everything's all spinning and stuff... explain?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:54 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...I-I...You were...y-you seemed so...so unhappy...wh-when you were...when you were on the medicine...I wanted to...make you happy...Pl-Please...forgive me..." he whispered, tearing again as he spoke. He then stopped hugging her, and he stood in front of her. "...I-I'll go get the medicine, if you want me too..." he whispered.

"..."

"...why'd you want me to be happy?" she asked. "...confused... everything's all spinning and stuff... explain?"

"...B-Because...b-because I...b-because I like to see you when you're...when you're happy," he answered, blushing. She had latched back onto him, and he let her. He simply sat back on the bed with her, nervous as he gave his answer.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:56 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"..."

"...B-Because...b-because I...b-because I like to see you when you're...when you're happy," he answered, blushing. She had latched back onto him, and he let her. He simply sat back on the bed with her, nervous as he gave his answer.

Her brow furrowed. She still didn't understand. She felt like he was trying to say something, but it wasn't getting through to her; not that that was anything truly unusual.

"...Why?" she asked again, hoping this time things would be clearer.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:59 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...B-Because...b-because I...b-because I like to see you when you're...when you're happy," he answered, blushing. She had latched back onto him, and he let her. He simply sat back on the bed with her, nervous as he gave his answer.

Her brow furrowed. She still didn't understand. She felt like he was trying to say something, but it wasn't getting through to her; not that that was anything truly unusual.

He breathed deeply, and then he closed his eyes. "...K-Kasumi-chan...I...I...I really, really like you..." he answered, cuddling her closer to him. He wasn't sure how to say it, other than that. The butterflies in his stomach wouldn't let him say anything else. He was so nervous, anyway, that he could barely get the words out.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:09 pm

"....I'll just...leave." Ignis walked outside, seeing it was awkward with her here, back to the enclosures. Her leg began to twitch strangely again.
why does this thing have to be so annoying!? Sigh.
She kicked a rock, but the kick was weaker than usual.
"...Fuck." She stamped her ankle against a large rock hoping to quell the irritation. "Whatever, I'll just have to deal with it." She shrugged and walked into Ninja's room, and leaned with her back against one wall.
"But at least things got back to normal...for now."
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Her brow furrowed. She still didn't understand. She felt like he was trying to say something, but it wasn't getting through to her; not that that was anything truly unusual.

He breathed deeply, and then he closed his eyes. "...K-Kasumi-chan...I...I...I really, really like you..." he answered, cuddling her closer to him. He wasn't sure how to say it, other than that. The butterflies in his stomach wouldn't let him say anything else. He was so nervous, anyway, that he could barely get the words out.
"..." Kasumi blushed heavily. "...Eh?" Fumbling over her own words, she struggled to try and formulate a response, beginning by attempting to judge Soleil's emotional state. If she was a good judge of emotions, which she was not, she would have said that he looked a little bit like he was about to cry, like he knew that she was going to reject him and that it wasn't going to end well.

It hurt to look at.

"I... uh... you... er... uh..." She just stammered. All the worries and confusion melted away in a tidal wave of awkwardness and teenage clumsiness. Anything she might have said came out in a tumble of half-said syllables and awkward phrases.

"...I don't know," she finally said. "I... I've been thinking about it." She took a deep breath. "I don't know. I might like you like that... I don't know." She fidgeted. "I don't know for sure. B-but... something's keeping me from saying no... A-and it's not j-just because I don't want to hurt your feelings. It's..." Oh, by all the gods, why can't I say anything right? She gritted her teeth and took a deep breath. "Thanks for being willing to trust me enough to tell me... and I'm sorry that I can't answer right away it's just that I'm so confused. I never even considered that I might like anyone until I met you but I don't know right now and I do like you a lot but I can't figure it out if it's like that or aaaaaaargh. I'm babbling, aren't I?"

Soleil seemed to look a little hopeful, but it wasn't anything too overbearing or great. If anything, he was even more nervous.

"I don't... really, I don't know what else to say but... I don't want to ignore this or treat it lightly, because it's just been a few days but we've been through so much with each other and I'm sure we'll be through so much more... I don't want any regrets and you deserve some kind of answer and oh my gods this is so awkward. I... you deserve to be happy. I mean... you... blast it." She took another deep breath. "I... I like you but I don't know if it's like that and I've been thinking and... argh. I'm not sure because I'm so confused... And you're making me confused... And although I don't like it that doesn't mean that I don't like you I just want a definitive answer but I can't give you or myself one because I'm an idiot and--I'm rambling again!" She just... she felt so awkward around him. Were there butterflies? Yes. Did she like him? Yes. Did she like him like that?

Maybe maybe not why am I a teenager.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He breathed deeply, and then he closed his eyes. "...K-Kasumi-chan...I...I...I really, really like you..." he answered, cuddling her closer to him. He wasn't sure how to say it, other than that. The butterflies in his stomach wouldn't let him say anything else. He was so nervous, anyway, that he could barely get the words out.
"..." Kasumi blushed heavily. "...Eh?" Fumbling over her own words, she struggled to try and formulate a response, beginning by attempting to judge Soleil's emotional state. If she was a good judge of emotions, which she was not, she would have said that he looked a little bit like he was about to cry, like he knew that she was going to reject him and that it wasn't going to end well.

It hurt to look at.

"I... uh... you... er... uh..." She just stammered. All the worries and confusion melted away in a tidal wave of awkwardness and teenage clumsiness. Anything she might have said came out in a tumble of half-said syllables and awkward phrases.

"...I don't know," she finally said. "I... I've been thinking about it." She took a deep breath. "I don't know. I might like you like that... I don't know." She fidgeted. "I don't know for sure. B-but... something's keeping me from saying no... A-and it's not j-just because I don't want to hurt your feelings. It's..." Oh, by all the gods, why can't I say anything right? She gritted her teeth and took a deep breath. "Thanks for being willing to trust me enough to tell me... and I'm sorry that I can't answer right away it's just that I'm so confused. I never even considered that I might like anyone until I met you but I don't know right now and I do like you a lot but I can't figure it out if it's like that or aaaaaaargh. I'm babbling, aren't I?"

Soleil seemed to look a little hopeful, but it wasn't anything too overbearing or great. If anything, he was even more nervous.

"I don't... really, I don't know what else to say but... I don't want to ignore this or treat it lightly, because it's just been a few days but we've been through so much with each other and I'm sure we'll be through so much more... I don't want any regrets and you deserve some kind of answer and oh my gods this is so awkward. I... you deserve to be happy. I mean... you... blast it." She took another deep breath. "I... I like you but I don't know if it's like that and I've been thinking and... argh. I'm not sure because I'm so confused... And you're making me confused... And although I don't like it that doesn't mean that I don't like you I just want a definitive answer but I can't give you or myself one because I'm an idiot and--I'm rambling again!" She just... she felt so awkward around him. Were there butterflies? Yes. Did she like him? Yes. Did she like him like that?

Soleil sat and watched her try to formulate words. The butterflies in his own stomach continued to flutter, even as she told him she wasn't sure if she liked him that way. He blinked, and then he nodded slowly. "...Okay..." he answered, quietly. He just kept hugging her. Part of him was heartbroken that she did not consider him that way, but part of him knew better than to think that way. She was confused, from being off her medicine. She barely knew what he was even saying. He could not expect her to blurt, 'Yes, Soleil, I love you!' after having been through all that she had been through. So he just smiled and remained by her side.
-Alan Jackson

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Luminesa wrote:Rabbit watched calmly as Aria and Ruta fought alongside each other, killing the rest of the Knights. The two of them were formidable. They created a powerful shock of lightning that filled the room, as their weapons danced through armor and rotted zombie flesh, defeating their opponents with ease.

Then Aria faced-off against Lynefleur.

First, Lynefleur tried to scare the group by summoning a huge dragon seemingly from the depths of Hell. Lynefleur herself seemed to become more demonic, the more Black Magic she used, which was predictable to the masked teacher. However, they were surprised-and pleased-to see Aria charge the monster head-on.

Finish them, Aria. We're all here. We all believe in you, they cheered silently.

Soleil also watched, though he was far more afraid of the dragon and its rider. However, his fear was replaced by awe, as he saw Aria rush the sorceress and her dragon, and she used her mana to create brilliant constructs to destroy the darkness. His eyes filled with gem-like colors and shine, reflecting Aria's power from the battlefield.

Then, with one resounding shriek, Lynefleur was done. Shot through the heart by a single mana spear. The room filled finally with a bright white light, which nearly blinded everyone. Soleil himself curled into a ball and covered his eyes, turning from the light in shock.

Rabbit simply lowered their eyes, smiling slightly behind their mask. Aria had defeated her foe. Just like they knew she would.

As the battle was won, a feeling of dread crept over Solomon. He'd borrowed the Oracle's powers, for almost nothing. The Siege Golem hadn't even fired a single shot. He felt cold. The Oracle's hand set down on his shoulder, and a golden scroll of parchment was laid before him along with a razor sharp knife. "You borrowed what wasn't yours and now you must pay the price." Solomon looked down, laughing weakly, "The power to do nothing, fitting... for a Greek tragedy." He stared at the knife before picking it up, feeling the weight in his hands.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"..." Kasumi blushed heavily. "...Eh?" Fumbling over her own words, she struggled to try and formulate a response, beginning by attempting to judge Soleil's emotional state. If she was a good judge of emotions, which she was not, she would have said that he looked a little bit like he was about to cry, like he knew that she was going to reject him and that it wasn't going to end well.

It hurt to look at.

Soleil sat and watched her try to formulate words. The butterflies in his own stomach continued to flutter, even as she told him she wasn't sure if she liked him that way. He blinked, and then he nodded slowly. "...Okay..." he answered, quietly. He just kept hugging her. Part of him was heartbroken that she did not consider him that way, but part of him knew better than to think that way. She was confused, from being off her medicine. She barely knew what he was even saying. He could not expect her to blurt, 'Yes, Soleil, I love you!' after having been through all that she had been through. So he just smiled and remained by her side.

"...you're good for hugging," she muttered almost incoherently. "All the hugs. Mine. Why do I feel like I ate butterflies?" she wondered absently, and then laughed. "What a funny expression... who came up with it anyway? I don't understand people... so funny."

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Ziriad had waited for the room to empty out before making his move. It had given him plenty of time to think over what had happened. Specifically that girl. What was her name, Aria was it? Heh, doesn’t matter. She put up quite a display at the end there, revealing plenty about herself. Her power, her strength, she’s on a whole different level than these idiots.

But after all, so am I…

He walked over to whatever remained of Lynefleur, quickly picking something up before tucking it in his pocket. He was sure no one else was in the room but he didn’t want to take any chances. With one final glance behind him, Ziriad made his way out of the library. A grin on his face and eyes so familiar to the witch that had met her demise.
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:30 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Ziriad had waited for the room to empty out before making his move. It had given him plenty of time to think over what had happened. Specifically that girl. What was her name, Aria was it? Heh, doesn’t matter. She put up quite a display at the end there, revealing plenty about herself. Her power, her strength, she’s on a whole different level than these idiots.

But after all, so am I…

He walked over to whatever remained of Lynefleur, quickly picking something up before tucking it in his pocket. He was sure no one else was in the room but he didn’t want to take any chances. With one final glance behind him, Ziriad made his way out of the library. A grin on his face and eyes so familiar to the witch that had met her demise.

"What have you got there?" Rabbit was still in the library, and they noticed Ziriad picking-up Lynefleur's ashes. He had a glint in his eye, something that made it seem he was up to no good. Turning toward him, they looked from him to the ashes, and then back to him. "You're not planning to do anything with those, are you?" they inquired.
-Alan Jackson

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Luminesa wrote:
The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Ziriad had waited for the room to empty out before making his move. It had given him plenty of time to think over what had happened. Specifically that girl. What was her name, Aria was it? Heh, doesn’t matter. She put up quite a display at the end there, revealing plenty about herself. Her power, her strength, she’s on a whole different level than these idiots.

But after all, so am I…

"What have you got there?" Rabbit was still in the library, and they noticed Ziriad picking-up Lynefleur's ashes. He had a glint in his eye, something that made it seem he was up to no good. Turning toward him, they looked from him to the ashes, and then back to him. "You're not planning to do anything with those, are you?" they inquired.

“Oh dear me, I didn’t see you there Mr. Detective,” Ziriad turned around half mockingly. “Oh, and this? I just thought I’d pick it up for a little souvenir, you know, for me to remember the dangerous battle I barely survived until dear Aria saved us from that demon.” He got to the door before stopping for a brief moment. "And no offense sir, but I find it hard to believe for you of all people to question me. I mean, do you really think that little mask of yours can hide from them what you really are? What you've done?” He laughed, “Be seeing you around professor.”
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:03 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"What have you got there?" Rabbit was still in the library, and they noticed Ziriad picking-up Lynefleur's ashes. He had a glint in his eye, something that made it seem he was up to no good. Turning toward him, they looked from him to the ashes, and then back to him. "You're not planning to do anything with those, are you?" they inquired.

“Oh dear me, I didn’t see you there Mr. Detective,” Ziriad turned around half mockingly. “Oh, and this? I just thought I’d pick it up for a little souvenir, you know, for me to remember the dangerous battle I barely survived until dear Aria saved us from that demon.” He got to the door before stopping for a brief moment. "And no offense sir, but I find it hard to believe for you of all people to question me. I mean, do you really think that little mask of yours can hide from them what you really are? What you've done?” He laughed, “Be seeing you around professor.”

Rabbit said nothing, and simply stared at them as they walked out. Ziriad was just another nuisance. There was literally no way he could know what Rabbit was, unless he was someone very special, which he wasn't, contrary to his personal beliefs.

Speaking of special people...

As the man walked out, Rabbit turned toward Aria. She was covered in blood, after having defeated Lynefleur, and she seemed to be exhausted. Sympathizing with their hardworking student, they walked to her side and stood next to her. "...Are you alright, dear?...That was a rather difficult battle you just won," they spoke to her, kindly. They knew she was exhausted, and even as they were hurting, they were willing to heal her wounds, wherever she had been hurt. After all, Aria would need someone to go to, after such a frightening battle.
-Alan Jackson

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Solomon closed his eyes and set his hand on the golden scroll. "I, Solomon Black; First child of Adrastos Black and Aella Black. Beseech upon thee grant me the strength of bestowed upon heroes and villains alike. I, Solomon Black, sacrifice my sight, precious though it might be, to form a contract and bond Pythia into my soul." The knife began to glow with golden light and Solomon closed his eyes. And then... blackness as he dragged the knife across his eyes.
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:Solomon closed his eyes and set his hand on the golden scroll. "I, Solomon Black; First child of Adrastos Black and Aella Black. Beseech upon thee grant me the strength of bestowed upon heroes and villains alike. I, Solomon Black, sacrifice my sight, precious though it might be, to form a contract and bond Pythia into my soul." The knife began to glow with golden light and Solomon closed his eyes. And then... blackness as he dragged the knife across his eyes.

"....Now why the fuck would you do that?" Ignis facepalmed as she watched from behind a tree. She went up to Solomon and stood next to him. She grabbed them knife from his hands and ripped a part of her sleeve, covering his eyes.

"Seriously? You agreed to go blind to become stronger. Yeah, that makes some sense in a strange context but you don't become stronger by forming a contract and making a sacrifice, ok? It's never as simple as that, though I wish it was. You become stronger by time and hard work and perseverance! Strength cannot come this soon or this simply, strength needs time and needs to be earned. Bones turn to stone, Hills turn to Mountains, and dripping water wears away the hardest rocks. But these things cannot happen soon, they need time. Just like getting stronger. " she shook her head.
"Don't make these sacrifices anymore. You don't need them. All you need is the desire and the will to work to become stronger. If you want to get stronger, I could train you. Just...don't hurt yourself for power or anything."
Honestly she felt pretty bad for this human. Maybe his parents or guardians misled him about the nature of power and how it was gained. Maybe they told him the only way was through sacrificing his body parts. He didn't need to do that in the first place though, and that was what was really tragic.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:Solomon closed his eyes and set his hand on the golden scroll. "I, Solomon Black; First child of Adrastos Black and Aella Black. Beseech upon thee grant me the strength of bestowed upon heroes and villains alike. I, Solomon Black, sacrifice my sight, precious though it might be, to form a contract and bond Pythia into my soul." The knife began to glow with golden light and Solomon closed his eyes. And then... blackness as he dragged the knife across his eyes.

Shaun Calhoun

Shaun watched in complete fear and shock as Solomon basically removed his sight with a knife. It was something that was scarier and more disturbing than anything that he'd seen. He could deal with seeing what happen to Virgo and all, but when it came to something like this, this was something entirely different. It was his eyes, which made him especially squeamish.

He started to hyperventilate and panic at the sight of what seemed to be a ritual and began pacing back-and-forth in order to calm down.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god..." he said to himself as his heart rate began to increase and seemed to be suffering from an anxiety or panic attack. Soon, he began pacing faster and faster, his breath becoming more short and heavy.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:42 pm

When the white light finally faded, and the field of battle became visible to everyone who wasn't blinded by the light show, the aftermath of the attacks could finally be seen. Where there once would have been a quiet, peaceful, and orderly establishment for the students to carry out their academic pursuits, was left a brutally burned and annihilated husk of a building.

A gaping hole was torn in the roof where Aria's lightning bolt had struck, letting a slight drizzle fall from the stormy skies into the library, directly above where Lynefleur lie dying on the floor, impaled by the three colored lightning spear which still sparked in Aria's hands as she looked the fallen witch in the eye. Black blood gushed from the wound, and steadily trickled from Lynefleur's mouth, still curled in a calm smile. Raising a frail, shaky hand to the heavens, a few words quietly escaped her mouth as Aria thrust the lance further into the witch's chest, sending another spatter of blood onto her own face and clothes, staining her purple and gold robes black.

'...The night, and the dream, were long...Mayst thou know peace upon thy awakening...' Lynefleur chanted almost silently, before her pale white form turned to dust and scattered to the wind, her black and red robes falling soundlessly on the floor as no entity occupied them. The ashes floated skyward, some of them sticking to Aria's bloodied face as the air carried Lyn's remnants away.

Luminesa wrote:As the man walked out, Rabbit turned toward Aria. She was covered in blood, after having defeated Lynefleur, and she seemed to be exhausted. Sympathizing with their hardworking student, they walked to her side and stood next to her. "...Are you alright, dear?...That was a rather difficult battle you just won," they spoke to her, kindly. They knew she was exhausted, and even as they were hurting, they were willing to heal her wounds, wherever she had been hurt. After all, Aria would need someone to go to, after such a frightening battle.

Aria sat as still as a statue over the spot where she had ended Lynefleur's life, seemingly not noticing the Rabbit as he stepped forward. Her aura faltered and was extinguished, the brave shine dying out as her mana reserves ran dangerously low, her very life force having been lost from her body in the bold attack. Most of Aria's body was covered in cuts, scrapes and her hands had developed strangely shaped bruises.

After hearing Lynefleur's words, Aria's vision became darker, and the light left her eyes. The bright thunder lance in her hands dissipated back into red, purple, and silver mana, and her hands went numb, along with the rest of her nerves. All that remained with her was a tingling sensation and a weight on her body as her eyelids grew heavy and closed. Her small, pale hands slowly fell to her sides, and Aria collapsed entirely, having not heard a word of what the Rabbit asked.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Rhomaia wrote:When the white light finally faded, and the field of battle became visible to everyone who wasn't blinded by the light show, the aftermath of the attacks could finally be seen. Where there once would have been a quiet, peaceful, and orderly establishment for the students to carry out their academic pursuits, was left a brutally burned and annihilated husk of a building.

A gaping hole was torn in the roof where Aria's lightning bolt had struck, letting a slight drizzle fall from the stormy skies into the library, directly above where Lynefleur lie dying on the floor, impaled by the three colored lightning spear which still sparked in Aria's hands as she looked the fallen witch in the eye. Black blood gushed from the wound, and steadily trickled from Lynefleur's mouth, still curled in a calm smile. Raising a frail, shaky hand to the heavens, a few words quietly escaped her mouth as Aria thrust the lance further into the witch's chest, sending another spatter of blood onto her own face and clothes, staining her purple and gold robes black.

'...The night, and the dream, were long...Mayst thou know peace upon thy awakening...' Lynefleur chanted almost silently, before her pale white form turned to dust and scattered to the wind, her black and red robes falling soundlessly on the floor as no entity occupied them. The ashes floated skyward, some of them sticking to Aria's bloodied face as the air carried Lyn's remnants away.

Luminesa wrote:As the man walked out, Rabbit turned toward Aria. She was covered in blood, after having defeated Lynefleur, and she seemed to be exhausted. Sympathizing with their hardworking student, they walked to her side and stood next to her. "...Are you alright, dear?...That was a rather difficult battle you just won," they spoke to her, kindly. They knew she was exhausted, and even as they were hurting, they were willing to heal her wounds, wherever she had been hurt. After all, Aria would need someone to go to, after such a frightening battle.

Aria sat as still as a statue over the spot where she had ended Lynefleur's life, seemingly not noticing the Rabbit as he stepped forward. Her aura faltered and was extinguished, the brave shine dying out as her mana reserves ran dangerously low, her very life force having been lost from her body in the bold attack. Most of Aria's body was covered in cuts, scrapes and her hands had developed strangely shaped bruises.

After hearing Lynefleur's words, Aria's vision became darker, and the light left her eyes. The bright thunder lance in her hands dissipated back into red, purple, and silver mana, and her hands went numb, along with the rest of her nerves. All that remained with her was a tingling sensation and a weight on her body as her eyelids grew heavy and closed. Her small, pale hands slowly fell to her sides, and Aria collapsed entirely, having not heard a word of what the Rabbit asked.

Being right next to her, once again Rabbit caught another broken soldier. They cradled her in their arms, understanding that she was wounded badly and nearly out of mana, from her battle. When they stood with her body, she was surprisingly light and pale, like a porcelain doll. "...Rest now, sweetheart...You've poured so much into this battle...we're going to make sure you are well..." they whispered to her, even as she could not hear them.

They then heard Shaun screaming, and turned to see him and Solomon, who had apparantly cut his eyes with a knife. Their heart dropped sharply when they saw the knife in the boy's eyes. Quickly, they stepped forward, while holding Aria's fragile body close. "Dear, what are you doing?! Please stop, before you kill yourself!" they exclaimed, genuinely horrified. Zombies, bloody knights, and Lynefleur's Magic did not faze them in the slightest. Yet watching a student blind themselves so easily struck something in them.
-Alan Jackson

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2014

Postby Razzgriz » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Saldinado wrote:Shaun Calhoun

Shaun watched in complete fear and shock as Solomon basically removed his sight with a knife. It was something that was scarier and more disturbing than anything that he'd seen. He could deal with seeing what happen to Virgo and all, but when it came to something like this, this was something entirely different. It was his eyes, which made him especially squeamish.

He started to hyperventilate and panic at the sight of what seemed to be a ritual and began pacing back-and-forth in order to calm down.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god..." he said to himself as his heart rate began to increase and seemed to be suffering from an anxiety or panic attack. Soon, he began pacing faster and faster, his breath becoming more short and heavy.

"I understand. Now get some rest and recover your strength." John said assisting the 8th student he had helped today lay back.

Things were finally beginning to slowly calm down in the infirmary after the battle. Injured were still flooding in but John and the other medics had gotten things into a smooth rhythm and were able to assist almost everyone who needed it in a decent amount of time. All this and it's only my first day here. If I didn't know any better I'd think I was still deployed. he thought to himself replacing his blood stained gloves yet again. " Alright who's next?" he mumbled to himself as he checked the clipboard given to him with a list of names of students who still needed to be treated.

"Shaun Calhoun it is." he continued to mumble to himself as he signed the list to state that the student will be seen by him and made his way to the student. " Shaun can you tell me what is...." John began noticing Shaun's breath began to increase in pace as if he where having some kind of attack. " Shaun!! Shaun can you hear me?!?! I need you to calm down. Everything is fine and the battle is over. So lets just take slow deep breaths ok?"
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
____ The Empire of the Iszkárien Isles____
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Prusselanden wrote:

"....Now why the fuck would you do that?" Ignis facepalmed as she watched from behind a tree. "There are plenty of other things you could give for a contract but this? Seriously? You agreed to go blind to become stronger. Yeah, that makes some sense in a strange context but you don't become stronger by forming a contract and making a sacrifice, ok? It's never as simple as that, though I wish it was. You become stronger by time and hard work and perseverance! Strength cannot come this soon or this smply, strength needs time and needs to be earned. Bones turn to stone, Hills turn to Mountains, and dripping water wears away the hardest rocks. But these things cannot happen soon, they need time. Just like getting stronger. " she shook her head.
"This is just sad. Just. Sad."

Within seconds of cutting his eyes had stopped bleeding, thought the deep cuts were still fresh. His voice was strained, trying desperately to keep the pain out of his voice. "Everyone in my family has done this. I may not be the best member of the family, but I absolutely will not let anyone talk down about my famil...y." He finally collapsed down on the ground exhausted.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Since no one appeared to need her assistance in the infirmary, Aether left once again.

She walked outside and looked up, staring out into the night and trying to hide the emotions swirling through her mind.

What was the point?

She'd had such a glorious sense of purpose when she first found out what she was. She was special. She was someone important. Surely if she had such power, the others at the academy would care about her.

Surely someone would care.

She felt disillusioned. As she looked up, images flashed through her mind. An endless garden of roses; utter darkness; a dull room filled with sweets; an always-spinning carousel; a stretched-out arm; a cage; a false city; heaven; a portrait; an orchard; an open sky with thousands of threads stretching across it; a psychedelic world that looked to be a child's crayon art; a foggy plane of emptiness; an eternal, empty orchestra. So many futures. So many destinations. So many strange thoughts and strange creatures that no one save a lucky--or perhaps unlucky--few knew about.

She wondered if she would ever see one.

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Razzgriz wrote:"I understand. Now get some rest and recover your strength." John said assisting the 8th student he had helped today lay back.

Things were finally beginning to slowly calm down in the infirmary after the battle. Injured were still flooding in but John and the other medics had gotten things into a smooth rhythm and were able to assist almost everyone who needed it in a decent amount of time. All this and it's only my first day here. If I didn't know any better I'd think I was still deployed. he thought to himself replacing his blood stained gloves yet again. " Alright who's next?" he mumbled to himself as he checked the clipboard given to him with a list of names of students who still needed to be treated.

"Shaun Calhoun it is." he continued to mumble to himself as he signed the list to state that the student will be seen by him and made his way to the student. " Shaun can you tell me what is...." John began noticing Shaun's breath began to increase in pace as if he where having some kind of attack. " Shaun!! Shaun can you hear me?!?! I need you to calm down. Everything is fine and the battle is over. So lets just take slow deep breaths ok?"

He did what he asked, and tried to slow down his breathing. Thought it was difficult, he got it down to a pretty acceptable level. He then slowed his body down to a complete stop. After that, he looked at John; his hair was messier than usual and his eyes seemed to show a hint of tears collecting in them. It seemed that whatever Solomon did, it really affected him more than it should've compared to everything else he'd seen.

"O-okay. I think I'm okay." He said taking more deep breaths. "It's just a little reaction to what happened to that boy, it just...caused me to go into panic mode or something." He soon began to realize what was happening to him, and his face began to flush in embarrassment and then rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

"Sorry about that."
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Once Hikari and Natalie were back in their room, Natalie saw Amber, and in her exhausted state, something odd happened.

She saw the girl's blonde hair and thought Is that cheese? It was yellow, after all, and she couldn't see very well due to being tired. Before she fully knew what was going on, her caterpillar-like form emerged from her mouth and went shooting towards Amber's head, mouth wide open in excitement at getting to eat cheese again.

Had she not realized what was going on just in time, her sharp jaws would probably have clamped down on Amber's neck, relieving the girl of her head. As it was, she still took a bite of Amber's hair, and looked very confused and upset when she realized that Amber was not, in fact, wearing cheese on her head.

What a pity. Hair didn't taste good anyway.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Charlia wrote:Once Hikari and Natalie were back in their room, Natalie saw Amber, and in her exhausted state, something odd happened.

She saw the girl's blonde hair and thought Is that cheese? It was yellow, after all, and she couldn't see very well due to being tired. Before she fully knew what was going on, her caterpillar-like form emerged from her mouth and went shooting towards Amber's head, mouth wide open in excitement at getting to eat cheese again.

Had she not realized what was going on just in time, her sharp jaws would probably have clamped down on Amber's neck, relieving the girl of her head. As it was, she still took a bite of Amber's hair, and looked very confused and upset when she realized that Amber was not, in fact, wearing cheese on her head.

What a pity. Hair didn't taste good anyway.

Amber Von Kressel

Terrified. She was completely terrified, and was with her body glued to her bed through fear, as she imagined the zombies chewing on her, rendering her an uneasy sleep. Finally, there was silence. Everything went well, or everyone died, but she didn't have the courage to look through the window. Out of tiredness and fear, she drifted away in a light sleep.

When suddenly, she felt teeth on her hair. Finally, the zombies broke in her room and invaded the room and came to eat her. Her only reaction was the most obvious one: Scream.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUCH! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! ZOMBIES! AWAY! Wait... Natalie? Why the... Wait... Did you thought that... My hair... Was... CHEESE???"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Hailey Winters

"Yeah... It does. I can't say I know anything about what you've been through, but I know what it's like to be alone. I don't think I've really had any true friends before, and I hope at least you two will be that. No matter what we'll at least have each other. Right?"

Hailey wanted to know that Kate would be there for her, she needed to know that she wasn't wasting all this effort. Maybe that was selfish, but Hailey had never really put her self out there like this, especially for some one she had known for such a short amount of time. It had to be worth it. Just like Kate, she didn't want to be alone again, even if she was the one that was responsible for her own loneliness in the past. Then it struck her, she couldn't hear the sounds of the fight anymore. Was it over? Was Annice okay?

"Red, I can't hear the fighting any more. I.. I think it's all over."

Annice Null

Annice wasn't hurt, her armor had protected her. But not all wounds bled. In a haze she walked away from the infirmary. She wasn't sure were she was, but eventually she found a large boulder. She stepped out of her armor, leaving it standing there like a silent guardian. Another battle against some evil. Again she survived. Again other people got hurt around her. Annice bent over and threw up. Why couldn't she get away from all of this? Why did she keep surviving? Unsteady on her feet, she sat down against the rock, buried her head in her hands and let the tears flow, her body shuddering as she sobbed.

Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

Most people had cleared from the library, but sage was left behind. Liz had been motionless through out the fight, she had seemed to just be watching the events unfold. She watched the fight like someone would study a new experiment, interested in what was going on, but ultimately un-involved. It was times like this she wondered how much she had left behind over the years, how much of a claim she still had on humanity. Like always she pushed those thoughts away, there was still work to be done. She walked over to sage, the demon that had done more to fight "Phos" than Tsukuyomi had.

"I'm afraid I only have my own personal experience on how to deal with creatures on a plane that's not their own. It can be very draining to work with the mana you're not used to. I believe I still have a demonic mana crystal with me. I hope it's from the right hell. It should help you recover at least most function. It will take some time for you get used to the mana you're now forced to use, and full recovery will take time. Unfortunately you can expect this to happen any time you exert your self like you just did, at least for the next few months or even years."

Liz reached into a small tear leading to her own plane, and retrieved the crystal, it glowed with a malevolent red energy. Yet to Sage it would be sweet ambrosia.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads