NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen [RWBY RP|OOC 3|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best new character so far? (Volume 5)

Leonardo Lionheart
No votes
Sienna Khan
38%
The pilot
23%
Weiss' summoned knight
23%
Vernal (could she be...)
No votes
No. Spoilers. Storm.
8%
"Actually these four episodes have been out for a we-" SHUSH, NO SPOILERS.
8%

Total votes : 13

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Currently, we're roleplaying through the Tournament Arc of Season 3, though I'm currently leaning further and further towards the option of skipping straight to the Battle of Beacon and, as Stormwrath is planning, opening up the world as we go into the equivalent of Act 4 (though it would mean missing out on my own character's team's Tournament match(es)).

As for the universe itself, it is, in effect, that of the show with stuff - characters, events (that would be in the show's background) and worldbuilding - added on. That does mean that you'll need to be brought up to speed on some things depending on who your character is.

On that note, let's get started! What sort of character are you thinking of creating? Since we are currently in the Tournament Arc it would make a great deal of sense for them to be from any of the four Academies and still be involved in the plot, so don't feel limited by the scope of Vale.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Currently, we're roleplaying through the Tournament Arc of Season 3, though I'm currently leaning further and further towards the option of skipping straight to the Battle of Beacon and, as Stormwrath is planning, opening up the world as we go into the equivalent of Act 4 (though it would mean missing out on my own character's team's Tournament match(es)).

As for the universe itself, it is, in effect, that of the show with stuff - characters, events (that would be in the show's background) and worldbuilding - added on. That does mean that you'll need to be brought up to speed on some things depending on who your character is.

On that note, let's get started! What sort of character are you thinking of creating? Since we are currently in the Tournament Arc it would make a great deal of sense for them to be from any of the four Academies and still be involved in the plot, so don't feel limited by the scope of Vale.

I think I'm going to go for a rogue type of character. No heavy armor, movement based skillset, probably a semblance based around enhanced movement. I'll do the app pretty soon. Going to go with Atlas too since it seems we can have characters from different kingdoms.
don't tread on me

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Fair enough! Atlas is possibly the best fleshed-out kingdom in the show and, as such, we haven't messed around with it too much regarding filling in blanks, so you should be fine. Other than the suggestion of incorporating Air Dust in the manufacture of any weapons or other equipment to make it lighter, I'm not sure that there's anything that I need to add other than to point you to the application template in the first post!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Azure Nero
Sex: Female
Race: [X] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits (Omit if human): N/A
Biography: Born to a straight shooting military family from Atlas, Azure is something of an anomaly. She was meant to turn out more like her parents, but growing up, she had problems with compliance. Her parents wanted to put her in the military, and she wanted a lifestyle that wouldn't put her under the command of other people as much. Many fights would be had about her future, and she became something of a problem child in her early teen years. She decided to go against her parents' wishes and she would train herself in athletics and combat during her free time, looking to become a Huntress. She would barely make it into Atlas Academy because of her grades, but she showed enough potential in other categories to be selected. And now, she's had enough success at the school to be one of the students that Atlas sent to the Vytal Festival, all the way in Vale. It would represent a new adventure for her, and a chance to get further away from the reach of her family for a bit.
Personality: Confident, somewhat cocky. She's self assured, but at the same time, she isn't stupid and has better intuition than most people would think. Unafraid to bare her emotions to others, and also the type of person who makes emotional decisions and rushes into things at times. She has good intentions more often than not, but also looks for personal fame and thrills at the expense of others sometimes.
Appearance: Slim, muscular build. Long legs and arms, blue eyes and purple hair that drops to about the area above her shoulders. Pale skinned. Typically wears flashy, bright colored clothing. She has a faded scar on her right shoulder.
Reference Image(s): Appearance.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Azure Jr.
Appearance: Roughly like this.
Capabilities: The sword is a very dangerous blade on its own because of its sharp edge, but it also has a shotgun attached that is powered by a slot on the top for dust, usually kinetic dust. The shotgun doesn't have a fast rate of fire, but packs a decent punch against armor and cover. The sword, on the other hand, is light and suitable for more quick attacks.

Semblance: Weightless; While using her semblance, Azure enters a state of semi-weightlessness while maintaining her usual muscle density. The result is increased movement, including increased speed and agility and jumps that wouldn't be possible with normal weight.

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: Medium to high depending on what else is going on.
RP Example (link or one shot): This II thread should be good enough.
Did you read the rules? Yep.

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.
Last edited by Forest State on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
don't tread on me

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm

All looks promising! A few things to note:

• 'Nero' as a surname could have some interesting implications... Mistral in this roleplay has cultures inspired by the Latin, ancient Greek and Norse peoples as well as those of south-east Asia (map for reference), drawing on hints from the show, so a surname of 'Nero' would suggest some Latin Mistralian ancestry somewhere down the line. Potential fertile ground for development of Azure's family, perhaps?
  • A falchion/shotgun. Yes. In all seriousness, though, Air Dust is usually green, which obviously isn't the colour of the 'Dust' seen on the image that you've chosen to represent Little Azure; I've previously theorised (based on this moment from the show) that that colour of Dust is Kinetic Dust, which would work just as well for a propulsion mechanism. Alternatively, you could just say this is a difference between the image and Little Azure and that it does use Air Dust after all!
  • 'Overdrive' is interesting in a meta sense; we tend to discourage Semblances of the 'berserker' style due to a past glut of them but an improvement to mobility alone rather than strength seems sufficiently different, to my mind at least. I do have a couple of concerns, though: firstly, I'm not sure that it's physiologically possible to increase one's speed without increasing one's strength, which would turn this into another berserker-style Semblance; secondly, since Semblance is fuelled by Aura (except in the cases in which it draws upon an outside energy source, like Nora Valkyrie's), does that mean that Azure will exhaust her Aura after ten seconds of using her Semblance? If I might make a suggestion, I think that having it usable on demand (which will add some flexibility) and then limiting it by saying that Azure's Aura, if fully replenished, will take X seconds (probably more than ten; the power level of other characters' Semblances here tends to be a bit higher than Azure's currently is with an Aura drain that fast) to drain completely she uses her Semblance continuously.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:All looks promising! A few things to note:

• 'Nero' as a surname could have some interesting implications... Mistral in this roleplay has cultures inspired by the Latin, ancient Greek and Norse peoples as well as those of south-east Asia (map for reference), drawing on hints from the show, so a surname of 'Nero' would suggest some Latin Mistralian ancestry somewhere down the line. Potential fertile ground for development of Azure's family, perhaps?
  • A falchion/shotgun. Yes. In all seriousness, though, Air Dust is usually green, which obviously isn't the colour of the 'Dust' seen on the image that you've chosen to represent Little Azure; I've previously theorised (based on this moment from the show) that that colour of Dust is Kinetic Dust, which would work just as well for a propulsion mechanism. Alternatively, you could just say this is a difference between the image and Little Azure and that it does use Air Dust after all!
  • 'Overdrive' is interesting in a meta sense; we tend to discourage Semblances of the 'berserker' style due to a past glut of them but an improvement to mobility alone rather than strength seems sufficiently different, to my mind at least. I do have a couple of concerns, though: firstly, I'm not sure that it's physiologically possible to increase one's speed without increasing one's strength, which would turn this into another berserker-style Semblance; secondly, since Semblance is fuelled by Aura (except in the cases in which it draws upon an outside energy source, like Nora Valkyrie's), does that mean that Azure will exhaust her Aura after ten seconds of using her Semblance? If I might make a suggestion, I think that having it usable on demand (which will add some flexibility) and then limiting it by saying that Azure's Aura, if fully replenished, will take X seconds (probably more than ten; the power level of other characters' Semblances here tends to be a bit higher than Azure's currently is with an Aura drain that fast) to drain completely she uses her Semblance continuously.

I wasn't even thinking of regional heritage when I picked the name, but I rolled with it because it's a color in Italian. I actually will work that idea into the background somehow. Changing the type of dust is easy enough to do, I'll just make that edit. As for the semblance, what if I changed it to something similar to semi weightlessness, which could have the same effect for jumping?
don't tread on me

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:52 am

Forest State wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:All looks promising! A few things to note:

I wasn't even thinking of regional heritage when I picked the name, but I rolled with it because it's a color in Italian. I actually will work that idea into the background somehow. Changing the type of dust is easy enough to do, I'll just make that edit. As for the semblance, what if I changed it to something similar to semi weightlessness, which could have the same effect for jumping?

Reduced weightlessness would be superb! (Assuming that muscle density remains the same, it would cause an increase in speed and agility too!)

As for Nero (which I didn't even remember was also Italian for 'black' - I suppose that that's what comes of studying ancient history), note that it's a praenomen (the Latin equivalent of a first name); if it's Azure's second name, some sort of cultural mistranslation has occurred somewhere down the line (which is entirely plausible, of course).
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Forest State wrote:I wasn't even thinking of regional heritage when I picked the name, but I rolled with it because it's a color in Italian. I actually will work that idea into the background somehow. Changing the type of dust is easy enough to do, I'll just make that edit. As for the semblance, what if I changed it to something similar to semi weightlessness, which could have the same effect for jumping?

Reduced weightlessness would be superb! (Assuming that muscle density remains the same, it would cause an increase in speed and agility too!)

As for Nero (which I didn't even remember was also Italian for 'black' - I suppose that that's what comes of studying ancient history), note that it's a praenomen (the Latin equivalent of a first name); if it's Azure's second name, some sort of cultural mistranslation has occurred somewhere down the line (which is entirely plausible, of course).

Just made the edits on the app. I think it looks good now.
don't tread on me

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Forest State wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Reduced weightlessness would be superb! (Assuming that muscle density remains the same, it would cause an increase in speed and agility too!)

Just made the edits on the app. I think it looks good now.

That it does! I'll send a telegram to Stormwrath; hopefully we'll be able to have Azure approved soon!

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Forest State wrote:-snip-

Eyyyyy, Forest!

Accepted, welcome to Beacon!

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Forest State wrote:-snip-

Eyyyyy, Forest!

Awesome! Tell you what, Stormwrath; would you mind carrying on the Pyrrha/Lucius Aurelius fight (should only be a few posts more, given the almost total depletion of the Aura of each)? If so, he'll be free to interact with Azure even if no-one else is.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:48 am

Stormwrath wrote:Eyyyyy, Forest!

Awesome! Tell you what, Stormwrath; would you mind carrying on the Pyrrha/Lucius Aurelius fight (should only be a few posts more, given the almost total depletion of the Aura of each)? If so, he'll be free to interact with Azure even if no-one else is.

Sure, bud. :)

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 pm

Guess who is back?

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:Guess who is back?

You know what? I'm seizing on this. Is anyone else still around?

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:Guess who is back?

You know what? I'm seizing on this. Is anyone else still around?

*Waves*
don't tread on me

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Guten Tag
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Is RP still open?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Union Princes wrote:Is RP still open?

In theory, yes - and I think that there are enough of us responding to make that a practical reality, too! Stormwrath (the OP) remains the lynchpin, of course, but enough of us here will bring him back, I'm sure. Let's make some noise, people!

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:42 am

To be honest, I checked the IC thread an the last post was all the way from November. I don't think this is the right time to join in. Maybe until OOC 4 is around.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Well, it is your prerogative. Then again, enough of us being here will (hopefully) restart the roleplaying; you can help simply by being present and ready to do so!

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 am

. . . Well. Hello, everyone. Glad to see this is alive again! What ideas have we for plot? Continue where we left off?
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:24 am

I think so! We're just waiting for Stormwrath now.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Please pardon me for now, I have final exams and college entry exams coming up.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Entirely understandable, Team Leader; real life comes first. We shall await your return eagerly!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Have you gotten in touch with Storm yet? I could talk to him on Discord if ya'll wanted.
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse