NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen [RWBY RP|OOC 3|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best new character so far? (Volume 5)

Leonardo Lionheart
No votes
Sienna Khan
38%
The pilot
23%
Weiss' summoned knight
23%
Vernal (could she be...)
No votes
No. Spoilers. Storm.
8%
"Actually these four episodes have been out for a we-" SHUSH, NO SPOILERS.
8%

Total votes : 13

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Sterkistan wrote:Well my character is just about to arrive if you want to meet them.

Between you two, Danceria and Torsiedelle, we might just have a new team on our hands!

If you can fit a Z in there anywhere sure.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Sterkistan wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Between you two, Danceria and Torsiedelle, we might just have a new team on our hands!

If you can fit a Z in there anywhere sure.

A Z

(Team ZAP?
BLAZE
FAZE
GAZE
HAZE
DAZE
DAYZ
MAZE
ZETA
ZEAL)
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Danceria wrote:
Sterkistan wrote:If you can fit a Z in there anywhere sure.

A Z

(Team ZAP?
BLAZE
FAZE
GAZE
HAZE
DAZE
DAYZ
MAZE
ZETA
ZEAL)

If we're following the colour rule then BLAZ and HAZE both work, assuming that the other names fit in.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Danceria wrote:A Z

(Team ZAP?
BLAZE
FAZE
GAZE
HAZE
DAZE
DAYZ
MAZE
ZETA
ZEAL)

If we're following the colour rule then BLAZ and HAZE both work, assuming that the other names fit in.

Here's hoping we can make something magical.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Servanity
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Hey im down for a team haha awesome. just tell me when you are ready to post.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Danceria wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:If we're following the colour rule then BLAZ and HAZE both work, assuming that the other names fit in.

Here's hoping we can make something magical.

We're all creative enough here; I'd imagine that we can!

Regarding your previous question, I believe that all we know is that there is an entrance exam that involves some sort of combat. It also relies on documentation that an entrant (to be fair, a reasonably intelligent one) is capable of falsifying.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Danceria wrote:Here's hoping we can make something magical.

We're all creative enough here; I'd imagine that we can!

Regarding your previous question, I believe that all we know is that there is an entrance exam that involves some sort of combat. It also relies on documentation that an entrant (to be fair, a reasonably intelligent one) is capable of falsifying.

How about a stubborn recruiter may or may not have given up life to stop a big bad.
Obligatory Quotes below

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:58 pm

I am down for whatever.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:00 am

Well I got my arrival post up, literally not sure what else to do afterward so if someone could talk to me that'd probably help a heap.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 am

Sterkistan wrote:Well I got my arrival post up, literally not sure what else to do afterward so if someone could talk to me that'd probably help a heap.

You can go get seafood meals at The Voice of the Sea.
Last edited by Sonitusia on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:29 am

OK i will put one up.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Dance is new-ish too?

A new team?

Shit, so I really do feel compelled to write. Too bad I can't app right now. Tomorrow, at the earliest, if I do. I do enjoy teams.

Hmm...anyone got the colours sage or teal called? Or white. Hmm.

Actually, if someone wanted to copy-paste the individual app and TG it to me, I could start on it today. I'm stuck on the phone today, and it can't just copy and paste from the code box -.-
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Servanity wrote:OK i will put one up.

I'll have a response later today don't worry. Just held up at the moment
Last edited by Sterkistan on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Danceria wrote:

If so, the name of my character is Anuben Blezure (pronounced Ah-new-ben Bleh-zoor), so A or B for names. Make it kickass! And indeed, trying to find a suitable biography on why a merc wouldn't want to stay a merc. Perhaps an uber-powerful Grimm just nearly killed his entire crew, and he was the only survivor.

OOH! IDEA! IDEA! In the lore of RWBY, how does recruitment to Beacon Academy work? Or Academies in general? Are there scouts scouring for otherwise untapped potential Hunters?

OP intervention tiem!

The usual method of applying (not recruiting, it's not a suborganization of the Hunters) is through a rigorous entrance exam, as well as some transcripts (which I assume would be a normal thing in many RL schools anyway). And Nimbus is right, a student can choose to falsify his/her own transcripts to get into Beacon.

However, as OP I don't allow for any student characters to go through the exam process or be introduced as a new student to Beacon. This is gonna poke a lot of inconsistencies in the IC, and I don't want that happening. Thus the IC continuity assumes the student has been at Beacon for a while, more than an entire semester by RWBY canon reckoning, and has known the other student chars to varying extents. If he/she isn't in a team yet, let's just say the "other members" of the team haven't been revealed yet.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Danceria wrote:If so, the name of my character is Anuben Blezure (pronounced Ah-new-ben Bleh-zoor), so A or B for names. Make it kickass! And indeed, trying to find a suitable biography on why a merc wouldn't want to stay a merc. Perhaps an uber-powerful Grimm just nearly killed his entire crew, and he was the only survivor.

OOH! IDEA! IDEA! In the lore of RWBY, how does recruitment to Beacon Academy work? Or Academies in general? Are there scouts scouring for otherwise untapped potential Hunters?

OP intervention tiem!

The usual method of applying (not recruiting, it's not a suborganization of the Hunters) is through a rigorous entrance exam, as well as some transcripts (which I assume would be a normal thing in many RL schools anyway). And Nimbus is right, a student can choose to falsify his/her own transcripts to get into Beacon.

However, as OP I don't allow for any student characters to go through the exam process or be introduced as a new student to Beacon. This is gonna poke a lot of inconsistencies in the IC, and I don't want that happening. Thus the IC continuity assumes the student has been at Beacon for a while, more than an entire semester by RWBY canon reckoning, and has known the other student chars to varying extents. If he/she isn't in a team yet, let's just say the "other members" of the team haven't been revealed yet.

I understand, looks like I'll have to tweak that part of my bio. It'll be rushed, it won't be flushed out, but it's enough to slap together a team and get rockin'!
Obligatory Quotes below

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Danceria wrote:If so, the name of my character is Anuben Blezure (pronounced Ah-new-ben Bleh-zoor), so A or B for names. Make it kickass! And indeed, trying to find a suitable biography on why a merc wouldn't want to stay a merc. Perhaps an uber-powerful Grimm just nearly killed his entire crew, and he was the only survivor.

OP intervention tiem!

So for my exchange character he's had experience at Shade prior to Beacon.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Sorry about the post being short, couldn't add much more in.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Sorry about the post being short, couldn't add much more in.

Tis all right. Most students are from other regional Academies, and I'm wondering if I can go directly to Beacon, not pass go, not collect 200 Dust.
Obligatory Quotes below

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Danceria wrote:
Sterkistan wrote:Sorry about the post being short, couldn't add much more in.

Tis all right. Most students are from other regional Academies, and I'm wondering if I can go directly to Beacon, not pass go, not collect 200 Dust.

I'm pretty sure Beacon is where your character will start at. Note that I haven't seen your app yet, so you're gonna have to get on that.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Danceria wrote:Tis all right. Most students are from other regional Academies, and I'm wondering if I can go directly to Beacon, not pass go, not collect 200 Dust.

I'm pretty sure Beacon is where your character will start at. Note that I haven't seen your app yet, so you're gonna have to get on that.

Yeah, that's the problem. My main background was sort of a roving band of mercenaries dispensing justice for coin and lols, sort of like a Robin Hood band. Then a big bad came along and wiped everyone out, and Anuben was the only one left alive, as such, he swore to be the best Hunter ever.
Obligatory Quotes below

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Danceria wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:I'm pretty sure Beacon is where your character will start at. Note that I haven't seen your app yet, so you're gonna have to get on that.

Yeah, that's the problem. My main background was sort of a roving band of mercenaries dispensing justice for coin and lols, sort of like a Robin Hood band. Then a big bad came along and wiped everyone out, and Anuben was the only one left alive, as such, he swore to be the best Hunter ever.

Your character came from one of the primary schools though right? Such as Signal. If so then they'd be trained there to get into one of the academies.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Sterkistan wrote:
Danceria wrote:Yeah, that's the problem. My main background was sort of a roving band of mercenaries dispensing justice for coin and lols, sort of like a Robin Hood band. Then a big bad came along and wiped everyone out, and Anuben was the only one left alive, as such, he swore to be the best Hunter ever.

Your character came from one of the primary schools though right? Such as Signal. If so then they'd be trained there to get into one of the academies.

Sounds fair enough.
Obligatory Quotes below

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Danceria wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:I'm pretty sure Beacon is where your character will start at. Note that I haven't seen your app yet, so you're gonna have to get on that.

And what did you have in mind for an intro post?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:56 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Danceria wrote:Yeah, that's the problem. My main background was sort of a roving band of mercenaries dispensing justice for coin and lols, sort of like a Robin Hood band. Then a big bad came along and wiped everyone out, and Anuben was the only one left alive, as such, he swore to be the best Hunter ever.

And what did you have in mind for an intro post?

Me just hanging in the back, the loss occurred while Anuben was at Shade, and he feels responsible for not being there when his team needed him to be.
Obligatory Quotes below

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 am

Danceria wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:And what did you have in mind for an intro post?

Me just hanging in the back, the loss occurred while Anuben was at Shade, and he feels responsible for not being there when his team needed him to be.

Ah. Well you can invoke flashbacks if you really need to include that part in your intro. But again, I wanna see your app.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse