NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen [RWBY RP|OOC 3|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best new character so far? (Volume 5)

Leonardo Lionheart
No votes
Sienna Khan
38%
The pilot
23%
Weiss' summoned knight
23%
Vernal (could she be...)
No votes
No. Spoilers. Storm.
8%
"Actually these four episodes have been out for a we-" SHUSH, NO SPOILERS.
8%

Total votes : 13

Yekrenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yekrenia » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:18 am

Legatia wrote:
Yekrenia wrote:
Speaking of teams, I don't know if Onyx is going to make it (depending on whether or not Therya has dropped out of this RP).

Yekrenia, do you want me to approach or are you planning on it?

My last post is leaving you an opportunity to hop right into the scene along with Hannah and Ashley, considering that they can't simply selected a mission without the rest of their team's consensuses.

P.S. I'm going to give Therya a telegram to see if he/she is still participating in this RP. If Therya has said otherwise, then...fiddlesticks!
Last edited by Yekrenia on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:I will post at some point soon; I'm currently waiting to see if either Lunas Legion or Durmatagno does so first, however, since I want to avoid this becoming a conversation between Clover and Lucius Aurelius alone.

I shall now make a post; I'll also telegram the above two in order to try and get them back on the radar.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Apror wrote:

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name:Coal Marks
Sex:Male
Race: [x ] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits (Omit if human):
Biography:: Coal was born in Atlas. His life was relatively interesting, and much expected of him. His parents immigrated from Vale, who came from a long line of Knight like warriors. His Grandfather a renowned fighter in the Great War, know for saving his Platoon by leading them to victory using a variety of tricks, treacherous tactics, and sheer brilliance to kill, injure, route, or capture an entire Minstrel Battalion. A big part was making it seem there was more Soldiers defending than they realized. Ever since then, his family was famous. Though the people before his Grand Father did great multitudes of things, this was the most seen and heard.

Training from the age of 12, he was determined to life up to the expectations given to him. Training from dawn to dust. He was also rather open, and when it came to making friends, he had a fairly good time of doing it. Human, or Fanus. He'd go to the poor districts and play with the Fanus children, though it wasn't exactly approved of by a great many people close to his parents. They tried to convince the child to stop playing with the ‘trash’ and the ‘rodents’ but instead, his parents simply cut those people off.

In his youth, he had one particular relationship with his only sibling. His sister named Autumn. She was of a cold nature, which might think one to believe they had a off relationship, but it wasn't the case. His older sister of two years had always a close relationship, and a protective one of her little Brother. Not that he needed it, but people were weary of being aggressive to the younger out of fear of the older ones wrath. Two years earlier, she left for Vale's academy. They kept contact throughout the time there, but one day, she stopped responding to her brother's messages. Not just his, but the Family in general. The School contacted, they demanded here whereabouts. She had disappeared. Where, why, or even exactly when were unknown.

The Family, especially Coal was devastated. What had happened to their older child, the Autum so close to Coal? Her friends attempted to help, and found out she went out into the wilderness of Vale. No one knew why. Going after his Daughter, Coal's father tried tracking down his daughter, but it took him to the most dangerous areas of Remanent. The fights grew tougher, longer, deadlier. The beasts bigger and more numerous. Soon, he stopped reporting back, and when ships were sent to find him, they only brought back part of a corpse.

A father killed, and a sister missing. This drove Coal into training, trying to find a way to keep his mind off the losses. Unfortunately, it drove his mother to drinking, and she went on a down hill spiral.

He had gained through the years of training an acrobatic style, but also hard hitting. He was very limber, and made sure through his time in Atlas to remember never to grow lax on that aspect of his training. He spent years at other fighting schools, and his own personal traing.

After years of training, he went to Vale to become a Hunter. Why? Well, mostly to live up to his expectations. Or, that's what most people thought. He felt his sister wasn't dead. He knew it in his gut she was still alive. He was going to rise above his family's past actions and accomplishments and find his sister.

Personality: He is very outgoing, kind, and cracks many jokes. He though had a dark side, willing to kill if it suits the greater good, or if he is genuinely enraged, which is hard to do. Also unduly obsessive when it comes to certain things like his wanting to find his Sister. He finds it hard to be honest with himself at times, and seeing what his emotions were, when it was so easy to see others. He could be loudest and most obnoxious in a room, but at other times be silent with readings of death vibrating off him. He is organized in sometimes, but absolutely cluttered in others. A booming voice when needed to be, and fairly deep. His voice sounded more his age when with friends, but when going about daily life, it was deep, giving many people the impression he was older than he actually was.
Appearance:His appearance is Black skin, with light blue eyes. He is slim, but muscular. He facial features are a maturing, handsome look. However still retains some of his youthfulness. His hair resembles John’s a little, however his hair is dark brown. Normally just wears a pair of dark jeans and a black t-shirt. He said he did not like cloths that he regarded as too attention seeking. He needed to shave twice a week, or would begin to noticeably start growing hair. He has no idea what a beard or mustache would look like on him considering he sister and mother we're hell bent on him to keep shaving, and continued so out of habit.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: His weapons are a Crusader resembling shield and sword, however the sword doubles as a Shotgun. The Sword's name is Red Redeemer. The Red representing the blood shed by his Ancestors, adversary and their own. Forged using Ancient techniques only known to his family, the Metal is very strong, and the source would have to be extremely powerful to even dent the blade. It is powerful in itself, but the Shotgun continues to fire Red Dust, symbolized as a fire shotgun, burning at the armored foes, and utterly disintegrating the non-armored foe. It is decorated with a family decoration, showing his family story ending with him. However, to everyone outside the family, it is just a beautiful design. It's an ancient type of writing in reality.
Appearance:Looks like a Crusader knight, but the armor though very protective, is light allowing him to move at good pace, however speed isn't his strength. Also the there is no helmet. Red outlines on his armor, with armor covering light metal, but very strong. Its metal also a secret to the Marks family. His family seal, a crimson cross, decorated the armor. On the hilt of the sword, it says in scribbling 'Deus Vult.' God wills it.
Capabilities:He is a brawler like fighter striking hard and taking damage with the ability to switch shotgun with sword at a moments notice. He can run quickly on walls, and uses his shield to bash. He's very analyzing, making the ability to analyze things at a moment’s notice and come up with ways to react. No stranger to fighting Grim, he tends to get sadistic when playing with Grim. Studying the human body, he also knows where best to hit his opponent, but unfortunately, most those techniques he had devised, most after his father's death, were excruciatingly painful, many lethal, and would only ethically be used in rare situations. He may not care about the ethics part however.

Semblance: His Semblance is: Implosion. It draws in surrounding enemies closer to him, where Coal closes the distance using his sword to finish off his foes. It takes a decent amount of Aura, and using it more than two times can be draining on him.

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity:I RPd in Aftermath and 1810 expansion.
RP Example (link or one shot):viewtopic.php?f=31&t=401550
Did you read the rules? I did read the rule. That seems kind of important.

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

Okay, I did the Implosion Semblance. Anything else?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 am

Been busy the past few days with electrical work, but I'm stil around, and plan to post after I sleep.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry I've been absent. Will post asap.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Well, I have encountered that most serious bane of PbP, writers block. Post is nearing readiness, but it's slow.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 am

Durmatagno wrote:Well, I have encountered that most serious bane of PbP, writers block. Post is nearing readiness, but it's slow.

It's fine. We all have it. In fact I'm actually having one right now as well. Ugh.

Yekrenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yekrenia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:Well, I have encountered that most serious bane of PbP, writers block. Post is nearing readiness, but it's slow.

It's fine. We all have it. In fact I'm actually having one right now as well. Ugh.

I know that feeling all too well... :oops:

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:42 am

I think I'm happy with this formatting for the Mission header. The Beacon logo looks nice even with the Dark theme.

Code: Select all
[floatleft][img]http://i.imgur.com/5ckZzvQ.png[/img][/floatleft][size=95][align=left][tab=5][/tab][color=#F80000][b]MISSION TYPE:[/b][/color] < mission type >
[tab=5][/tab][color=#F80000][b]HUNTER:[/b][/color] < hunter name >
[tab=5][/tab][color=#F80000][b]TEAM:[/b][/color] < team name, year >[/align][/size][hr][/hr]

MISSION TYPE: Search and Rescue
HUNTER: Adelaide Silver
TEAM: JACL, 1st Year

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Stormwrath wrote:I think I'm happy with this formatting for the Mission header. The Beacon logo looks nice even with the Dark theme.

Code: Select all
[floatleft]([url=http://i.imgur.com/5ckZzvQ.png]Image[/url])[/floatleft][size=95][align=left][tab=5][/tab][color=#F80000][b]MISSION TYPE:[/b][/color] < mission type >
[tab=5][/tab][color=#F80000][b]HUNTER:[/b][/color] < hunter name >
[tab=5][/tab][color=#F80000][b]TEAM:[/b][/color] < team name, year >[/align][/size][hr][/hr]

MISSION TYPE: Search and Rescue
HUNTER: Adelaide Silver
TEAM: JACL, 1st Year

Looks great to me!
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Ummm, is there anything still preventing me from acceptance?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:21 am

Apror wrote:Ummm, is there anything still preventing me from acceptance?

Nah, I think it's good neough for now. Accepted.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Apror wrote:Ummm, is there anything still preventing me from acceptance?

Nah, I think it's good neough for now. Accepted.

Yus. After, what, a month or so? :rofl: anyway, what should I set about doing?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Apror wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Nah, I think it's good neough for now. Accepted.

Yus. After, what, a month or so? :rofl: anyway, what should I set about doing?

Your character will be going on a mission, shadowing a professional Hunter in his line of work. The player playing the Hunter serves as your mission's GM, meaning that he'll be the one to come up with the setting of your mission as well as loosely direct the way the mission plays out. If you're unsure about how to proceed, just ask.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Apror wrote:Yus. After, what, a month or so? :rofl: anyway, what should I set about doing?

Your character will be going on a mission, shadowing a professional Hunter in his line of work. The player playing the Hunter serves as your mission's GM, meaning that he'll be the one to come up with the setting of your mission as well as loosely direct the way the mission plays out. If you're unsure about how to proceed, just ask.

Who is playing the Hunter?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Still having some trouble with writers' block, Durmatagno?

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Apror wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Your character will be going on a mission, shadowing a professional Hunter in his line of work. The player playing the Hunter serves as your mission's GM, meaning that he'll be the one to come up with the setting of your mission as well as loosely direct the way the mission plays out. If you're unsure about how to proceed, just ask.

Who is playing the Hunter?

Leika. And since Icrum's taking a short break I'll be temporarily taking over his Hunter/Teacher chars for now.

Oh god, this is going to be a long-ass post.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm

First post, albeit a shit one, though I wasn't sure what Direction to head, so I'm waiting to do the thing.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Apror wrote:First post, albeit a shit one, though I wasn't sure what Direction to head, so I'm waiting to do the thing.

Okay. I'm going to be borrowing Leika and Ulfric from Icrum since I feel like those two have teams with multiple players behind them. It wouldn't make sense for me to constantly one-shot Vic's mission, and Adam would prolly be better off borrowed by another Co-OP.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Oh, and note: again, you don't have to have him be a transferee. He's just in the amphitheater with the other students, and he's been at the school for a while now. This is again to keep consistency with the whole "teams" plot device going on.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Stormwrath wrote:Oh, and note: again, you don't have to have him be a transferee. He's just in the amphitheater with the other students, and he's been at the school for a while now. This is again to keep consistency with the whole "teams" plot device going on.

Well, okay.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Still having some trouble with writers' block, Durmatagno?

Apparently not! Hurrah!

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Still having some trouble with writers' block, Durmatagno?

Apparently not! Hurrah!

Actually I was, not as long or detailed as I'd like it to be, but I got something up that'd work.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Note that I might take long to post due to the fact I have to come up with three settings for the missions and also so I can respond to Soni and Nach's post. Hopefully I can get it up by tomorrow at the earliest or by Friday at the latest. The Co-OPs may begin earlier than me if they want to, I'll link the Mission Headers in Misc momentarily.

EDIT: Finally got Soni's and Nach's responses down, now for the next part. Which I will do tomorrow bcoz I'm tired as hell from college work.
Last edited by Stormwrath on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am

All of Team CLAL are in assent, Sonitusia; Clover may proceed with mission selection!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse