NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (OOC) (Semi-Open, Fantasy/Slice of Life)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 pm

working on it at a rudimentary level. I will say she is probably going to be more introverted with a naturalistic edge. I am debating her type of magic as well: Maybe a magic attuned towards spirits or a more basic arcane wits. She will definitely try for some more obscure magic out of a scholarly curiosity. She is kind, but also abrasive. She is supportive, though, just of her close friends.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Saleon wrote:
Xeng He wrote:

Who's your char?
working on it at a rudimentary level. I will say she is probably going to be more introverted with a naturalistic edge. I am debating her type of magic as well: Maybe a magic attuned towards spirits or a more basic arcane wits. She will definitely try for some more obscure magic out of a scholarly curiosity. She is kind, but also abrasive. She is supportive, though, just of her close friends.

A'ight.I'd go with either second/last or [Strike]fourth first. FourthFirst looks most Aquo-y, which is the house I associate with your char, and second/last is just the best-looking of them. XD[/Strike]

Never mind, first one wins. It's both aquo-y and aesthetically pleasing.
Last edited by Xeng He on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:12 pm

alright. We are now between the following three characters.

https://suunime.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/91437-1fecce3b38d8d1e3bdfa4c56b104f871.jpg
https://dhappy30.files.wordpress.com/20 ... glass2.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 1f0f16.jpg
Vote!

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Saleon wrote:alright. We are now between the following three characters.

https://suunime.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/91437-1fecce3b38d8d1e3bdfa4c56b104f871.jpg
Vote!

The first link didn't work, but I'd vote on the third. Shorter hair helps the image of intelligence I'd say.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:15 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Vote!

The first link didn't work, but I'd vote on the third. Shorter hair helps the image of intelligence I'd say.
the first can't be clicked, but you can still put the url in. or highlight the section and right click to get options that will be easier to search it.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Vote!

I still vote first. :p
[spoiler=Quotes]
Oh my god this comic

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:22 pm

Xeng He wrote:

Vote!

And so do I!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:23 pm

Xeng He wrote:

Vote!

That isn't the blue one, that is the youthier one. I made up words, shut up.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Kenpachi should be ur waifu
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Prusselanden wrote:Kenpachi should be ur waifu
mine is nyaruko-chan.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Saleon wrote:
Xeng He wrote:
That isn't the blue one, that is the youthier one. I made up words, shut up.

Oh, sorry, blue one then. Which is second now. Bluh, why'd you change the order on me? XD
[spoiler=Quotes]
Oh my god this comic

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:39 pm

And Hikari's broken.

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:59 pm

Charli...
Please tell me you haven't been watching Chucky.
I just finished watching Child Murder: The Anime, and the thought of moving dolls is not going to help me get any sleep tonight.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Rhomaia wrote:Charli...
I just finished watching Child Murder: The Anime, and the thought of moving dolls is not going to help me get any sleep tonight.
you merely give her ideas, y'know

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:03 pm

I have not. Never seen it.

Awww, you having nightmares? Poor Rho.

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Saleon wrote:
you merely give her ideas, y'know

Everything gives her ideas. That's what makes her so... terrifying.
Last edited by Rhomaia on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Saleon wrote:you merely give her ideas, y'know

Everything gives her ideas. That's what makes her so damn terrifying.

Charlia wrote:I have not. Never seen it.

Awww, you having nightmares? Poor Rho.

Don't patronize me! :evil:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :lol2:

Also, I'm so sigging that.

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Charlia wrote:
Rhomaia wrote:Everything gives her ideas. That's what makes her so damn terrifying.

Don't patronize me! :evil:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :lol2:

Also, I'm so sigging that.

It's fine. :lol2:

Also, yay! I think.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Student Application

Name: Idza Schade
House|Element: Venta|Spirit-flame, air, and spirit-walking
While spirit flames resemble "fire" it is more akin to using ambient souls which lie in the environment. "Ghost magic" by another name. The "fire" (soul) is wielded in ways that do not actually burn people, but rather is cold and provides a draining effect to the opponent. It affects one's soul and as such, can be very debilitating. At the same time, the magic does not "destroy" the spirit of the afflicted. The soul naturally cleanses itself after time, but it can drain people of energy or even cause physical immunological ailment for a temporary time.
It is possible to temporarily enter the spirit world, or transfer a person unwillingly into it. This can separate a fight, but a physical body cannot remain in the spirit world and returns to the physical domain after a certain amount of time. the user of "spirit walk" can usually maintain an existence in the spirit world for an extended period of time, as long as their magic does not run out. This tends to be used to communicate with spirits, sometimes used to calm a looming spirit that can bring misfortune to others.

Appearance:
Personality:
IIdza is, by nature, more of a wallflower. She stood resigned to her own environment and hung out with only a couple of friends. She never intended to be a "wallflower," but she sort of had trouble finding a certain group to call her own. She is more of a wildflower, in secret, being so in love with the natural world and human nature. This sometimes came through her love of books and poetry and other times came from her love of the outdoors; while others, came through the beautiful music of a piano, which could pluck her heartstrings and make her spirit tremble with excitement. Unfortunately, she did not have the nimble fingers of a pianist, nor did she grow up in a place covered in the deep forests described in her novels. She is quite kind to others, sometimes with admiration for what they can do but she can't. With her lack of friends, she has developed an abrasive personality, and has difficulty reading, or trusting, people.

Likes: books, animals, nature, human nature. music. Secretly reads yuri and yaoi religiously. Coffee. Rain. Sweets. Boys and girls (she is very open, but shy). Ash
Dislikes: Stubborn people, pollution, murder, spicy food, overly intrusive people.

Animal: A four tailed fox named Ash. Ash tends to be calm and generally disinterested in her environment. She generally looks down on humans and mages, only friendly to her user along with select others. She can be overtly hostile to others if they try and get near her, but anyone who keeps their distance is mostly ignored. She is wise and sagely, though temperamental or unhelpful even with Idza at times. The spirit, if not at her side, tends to rest wrapped around her shoulders and neck like a large scarf of pure white snow.

Bio:
Idza was born to a small family of low-class workers in the high mountains outlooking a large mountain. They tended to the wills and wants of a secluded, icy family, with which they grew very close to. The family, the Einhards, were an aristocratic family that mostly existed in name, rather than in practice. They did little in the way of fighting or protecting, mostly keeping up the appearances while they maintain their secluded, peaceful, and academic existence. They had four children, all who were to be maintained and kept under control by Idza and her mother. Logically, they took two children each. Her mother took the younger, more roudy ones that needed a stronger hand and discipline; Idza, the older, more reserved but still difficult to deal with. Either way, they were one of the few people in that small village that had access to magical texts and documents.

Idza was, by fact of boredom, often found kneeling her head deep in the confines of a book; her imagination was vast and large. She often teleported herself to these worlds, or fell in love with the words of a poem, or showed a scholarly devotion to the thick magical texts that covered nearly every field imaginable. She even, at times and by herself, would practice the skills in those books.

Through those books, and despite the fact she was supposed to be in control of children, she became rowdier and rowdier. She sometimes even would delve into the crisp snowcapped woods, or argue scholarly to the heads of the family. She was not from a family famed for magic, but she began to experiment deeply through obscure magics. Ultimately, she became more difficult to control than the children. Sometimes, her mother and father would wonder where she went or what she was doing. She might disappear for hours on end, practicing her skills and attuning with nature. Soon enough, she found a kid in the village—a poor kid with little to his name than a piano—who would play tunes to cause her heart to pump to the pounding octaves of his melody. She had a small crush on him. But that was a young, feeble crush, which in actuality, was misplaced love not for the boy, but the music. It felt as if that itself transported her to nature at its purest.

During a hunt sponsored by the Einhard family, the head noticed her practicing her arts silently and in a secluded field. He merely observed her curiously. He was a benevolent soul. In a prior life, with the number of magical tomes he collected, may have become a mage, but in this life he was merely a curious mind. He had watched for a time, before returning to hunting an elusive fox. He shot the fox that day, and in that time, the girl had summoned a familiar: Ash.

That head was known to frequent many royal parties on occasion, and in one, he had met a wizard who he came to confide in on occasion. They wrote religiously back and forth; somehow aiding each other in their studies, however similar or dissimilar. In a couple of transactions, he recommended the girl be trained formally. Through a winding path of correspondence, the girl was given homage to the Mana Academy. It was a surprise to her parents, who regrettably let her go after being convinced by the Einhards.

At 14, the girl entered the halls of the academy. She had trouble fitting in, though. She hadn't been around so many people, and so many people seemed off put by her. For this reason, she often seems more introverted than she actually is. She was brought to house Venta, though some ask why. She has picked up an obscure magics: spirit-flame, spirit-walk; magics she developed in the Einhards and worked to refine at the Academy.

In her time, she has also managed to learn skills with a sword, which is one of the preferred catalysts and accompaniments to spirit magics.

Theme: Promise, by slash

Short RP Sample: Here's one.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

New Communist and Socialist Unions
Senator

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Communist and Socialist Unions » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:26 am

Hates spiceh foodlets eh? *gyaaoooh!*
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Dead, yet dreaming, Cthulhu waits in his palace in R'lyeh.

Your handy R'lyethian translator
Probably my best post...
I am an Arthur dude... With GIGA PUDDI!!!!! AWOOGA MATE-O! I Dun use NS stats.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:49 am

Saleon wrote:Student Application

While spirit flames resemble "fire" it is more akin to using ambient souls which lie in the environment. "Ghost magic" by another name. The "fire" (soul) is wielded in ways that do not actually burn people, but rather is cold and provides a draining effect to the opponent. It affects one's soul and as such, can be very debilitating. At the same time, the magic does not "destroy" the spirit of the afflicted. The soul naturally cleanses itself after time, but it can drain people of energy or even cause physical immunological ailment for a temporary time.
It is possible to temporarily enter the spirit world, or transfer a person unwillingly into it. This can separate a fight, but a physical body cannot remain in the spirit world and returns to the physical domain after a certain amount of time. the user of "spirit walk" can usually maintain an existence in the spirit world for an extended period of time, as long as their magic does not run out. This tends to be used to communicate with spirits, sometimes used to calm a looming spirit that can bring misfortune to others.

Appearance:
(Image)
Personality:
IIdza is, by nature, more of a wallflower. She stood resigned to her own environment and hung out with only a couple of friends. She never intended to be a "wallflower," but she sort of had trouble finding a certain group to call her own. She is more of a wildflower, in secret, being so in love with the natural world and human nature. This sometimes came through her love of books and poetry and other times came from her love of the outdoors; while others, came through the beautiful music of a piano, which could pluck her heartstrings and make her spirit tremble with excitement. Unfortunately, she did not have the nimble fingers of a pianist, nor did she grow up in a place covered in the deep forests described in her novels. She is quite kind to others, sometimes with admiration for what they can do but she can't. With her lack of friends, she has developed an abrasive personality, and has difficulty reading, or trusting, people.

Likes: books, animals, nature, human nature. music. Secretly reads yuri and yaoi religiously. Coffee. Rain. Sweets. Boys and girls (she is very open, but shy). Ash
Dislikes: Stubborn people, pollution, murder, spicy food, overly intrusive people.

Animal: A four tailed fox named Ash. Ash tends to be calm and generally disinterested in her environment. She generally looks down on humans and mages, only friendly to her user along with select others. She can be overtly hostile to others if they try and get near her, but anyone who keeps their distance is mostly ignored. She is wise and sagely, though temperamental or unhelpful even with Idza at times. The spirit, if not at her side, tends to rest wrapped around her shoulders and neck like a large scarf of pure white snow.

Bio:
Idza was born to a small family of low-class workers in the high mountains outlooking a large mountain. They tended to the wills and wants of a secluded, icy family, with which they grew very close to. The family, the Einhards, were an aristocratic family that mostly existed in name, rather than in practice. They did little in the way of fighting or protecting, mostly keeping up the appearances while they maintain their secluded, peaceful, and academic existence. They had four children, all who were to be maintained and kept under control by Idza and her mother. Logically, they took two children each. Her mother took the younger, more roudy ones that needed a stronger hand and discipline; Idza, the older, more reserved but still difficult to deal with. Either way, they were one of the few people in that small village that had access to magical texts and documents.

Idza was, by fact of boredom, often found kneeling her head deep in the confines of a book; her imagination was vast and large. She often teleported herself to these worlds, or fell in love with the words of a poem, or showed a scholarly devotion to the thick magical texts that covered nearly every field imaginable. She even, at times and by herself, would practice the skills in those books.

Through those books, and despite the fact she was supposed to be in control of children, she became rowdier and rowdier. She sometimes even would delve into the crisp snowcapped woods, or argue scholarly to the heads of the family. She was not from a family famed for magic, but she began to experiment deeply through obscure magics. Ultimately, she became more difficult to control than the children. Sometimes, her mother and father would wonder where she went or what she was doing. She might disappear for hours on end, practicing her skills and attuning with nature. Soon enough, she found a kid in the village—a poor kid with little to his name than a piano—who would play tunes to cause her heart to pump to the pounding octaves of his melody. She had a small crush on him. But that was a young, feeble crush, which in actuality, was misplaced love not for the boy, but the music. It felt as if that itself transported her to nature at its purest.

During a hunt sponsored by the Einhard family, the head noticed her practicing her arts silently and in a secluded field. He merely observed her curiously. He was a benevolent soul. In a prior life, with the number of magical tomes he collected, may have become a mage, but in this life he was merely a curious mind. He had watched for a time, before returning to hunting an elusive fox. He shot the fox that day, and in that time, the girl had summoned a familiar: Ash.

That head was known to frequent many royal parties on occasion, and in one, he had met a wizard who he came to confide in on occasion. They wrote religiously back and forth; somehow aiding each other in their studies, however similar or dissimilar. In a couple of transactions, he recommended the girl be trained formally. Through a winding path of correspondence, the girl was given homage to the Mana Academy. It was a surprise to her parents, who regrettably let her go after being convinced by the Einhards.

At 14, the girl entered the halls of the academy. She had trouble fitting in, though. She hadn't been around so many people, and so many people seemed off put by her. For this reason, she often seems more introverted than she actually is. She was brought to house Venta, though some ask why. She has picked up an obscure magics: spirit-flame, spirit-walk; magics she developed in the Einhards and worked to refine at the Academy.

In her time, she has also managed to learn skills with a sword, which is one of the preferred catalysts and accompaniments to spirit magics.

Well, this app is fine in my opinion, however, I advise to stick with one element only. "Spirit walking" would be a variant of the spirit fire, which has air as one of its "components", so you could use it.

With that advice given, I see no reason to deny it. Accepted you are!
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:48 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Saleon wrote:Student Application

Appearance:
(Image)
Personality:

Bio:

Well, this app is fine in my opinion, however, I advise to stick with one element only. "Spirit walking" would be a variant of the spirit fire, which has air as one of its "components", so you could use it.

With that advice given, I see no reason to deny it. Accepted you are!

I like her too!

Accepted!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:51 am

For best effect...

'Sagitta Luminis', go listen to it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse