NATION

PASSWORD

Splintered Reclamation [FT | OOC | OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Sun May 08, 2016 2:22 am

im thinking about being extreme terraformers
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Jaladristan
Attaché

Founded: Apr 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaladristan » Sun May 08, 2016 6:29 am

I just realised that I completely forgot to post my species application...
I edited it in below my nation application...

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun May 08, 2016 6:37 am

Drakmah,i have already answer your question regarding my species app so just accept my app already
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun May 08, 2016 7:27 am

Nazeroth wrote:im thinking about being extreme terraformers

What, like the Chtorr? Because I'd love to see that...
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Sun May 08, 2016 9:55 am

Jaladristan wrote:I just realised that I completely forgot to post my species application...

70cm? Seems a bit small but if that's what you wanted then it's fine by me. Other than that everything is good.

The federation of Kendor wrote:Drakmah,i have already answer your question regarding my species app so just accept my app already

Whoa whoa calm down there. I need to sleep you know? I mean I was up late last night but not 4:30 late. Well anyways,

Alright, as long as the food is only available on their home planet and the flying is adjusted for different atmospheres when they are on other planets I'm fine with it. Go ahead and make your nation app and then we can officially get you into the RP.
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun May 08, 2016 10:39 am

Ha-ha what's sleep?
I'm really tired

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Mon May 09, 2016 5:19 am

Nation Name: Taher Jointly-Governed Regions (B4a2G2t1Z1L4Q3)
National Leader(s): Elwiyia, Protector of Jianye and Winoka (t5C4hW1k2S3K12J12V12), the Parliament
Nation Capital: Taher (B4a2)
Nation History: Long before the Zvydarian invasion, Taher, and the rest of the star system, was inhabited solely by the Nyu. The Nyu had driven virtually every other species to extinction, engulfing and dissolving them, storing their prey's DNA inside their bodies. The only exception was the Cshū, the only other sentient species on Taher. However, even they fell eventually, rifles and artillery unable to stop the Nyu.

Over time, though, several Nyu felt guilty over killing off every single species, including another sentient one, and began working to restore the Cshū, who had to adapt to the largely devastated ecosystem. Even though the Cshū were informed in detail of the mass destruction that had befallen their race, they reconciled with the Nyu, and the project was a success. Other species were brought back to life as well in order to support the dietary needs of the Cshū. The Nyu felt that it was their responsibility to take care of the species they finally brought back to life, and did so when the aliens invaded, albeit in vain.

Although the enslavement lasted for a mere generation, the Nyu of today look back at those years as their darkest. The Cshū, being physically weaker than other species, but considered particularly attractive by their slavers, endured great abuse under their masters. Meanwhile, the Nyu were reduced in size greatly, and forced to mine out entire star systems.

During the rebellion, Nyu miners denied the Zvydarians raw resources, limiting their production greatly. A couple were initially killed by orbital bombardment, but by that time, most had grown so massive that there was nothign that could be done, for the acidic body fluids that flooded the planets prevented access to the minerals in the earth.

The relationship between Nyu and Cshū sufferred, but having seen the determined with which the Nyu sought out their wards, and how regretful the entire population was, in a feat of kindness, they reconciled yet again, forgiving the Nyu for their failures.

Since then, the Nyu have focussed completely on the well-being of the Cshū, and have sworn to never let history repeat itself. Their charges' safety and comfort are top priority, and the majority of Cshū are grateful for that.
Population: 3,028 Nyu, ~13.38 billion Cshū, 23.94 billion automata

Government Type: Parliamentary republic
Government Description: An elected body of Cshū, called the Parliament (Y4h2), make decisions on the behalf of their people. The Nyu do have some degree of autonomy, but are expected by all to obey orders, if any. Nyu are represented by the 2.9 million-strong Elwiyia collective, one of the smaller ones, but also the only Protector of two cities.
Species: Nyu, Cshū
Cultural Information: The Nyu are often repentant and self-deprecating, seeking to provide for and serve the Cshū to the best of their ability, as they feel guilty of driving them to extinction and letting them suffer under the Zvydarians. Several Nyu have volunteered to be host to large Cshū habitats, each of which are now home to nearly half a billion Cshū, willingly giving up their mass as recompense for past deeds. While Nyu will go to great lengths for Cshū's convenience and comfort, hedonism is considered appalling, and Cshū are expected to be productive at least semi-frequently.
Society Information: The Nyu which host the cities are known as Protectors, and are often held in high regard by their peers and the Cshū alike. They have an extremely important responsibility in safeguarding the Cshū, and are expected to fulfill their task without fail until the very end. Only about five hundred Nyu reside on Taher, the rest are spread out across the Regions, slowly but steadily eating away at entire planets and systems. All Nyu keep in touch via FTL communication, and at least four Nyu must be in any given system at a time, so as to monitor each other. Nyu based outside of Taher tend to be several times larger than those on Taher, with a handful covering entire planetary surfaces.

Economy strength: 86/100
Primary Industry: Luxuries and mining
Currency name: Ywan (Q3y1)
Economic Description: Imports consist mainly of foodstuffs, exotic goods, and occasionally some more outdated military technology, while the Regions export a lot of electronics, droids, raw resources, and fashion-related goods, tailored for the varied species in the cosmos. The Nyu share all their supplies with each other, whilst the Cshū run private enterprises, with larger businesses spanning all 26 cities on Taher.

Military Doctrine: Throw missiles at the target until it goes away. Failing that, use automata and Nyu. Overwhelm through (hopefully) sheer numerical superiority. Eliminate threats. Secure places of interest. Last resort, dissolve everything.
Military Strengths: Extensive augmentation. Pretty bloody good missile technology. Resistant to harsh environments. Virtually devoid of morale issues. Good with sensors, especially with the emptiness of space making detection a walk in the park.
Military Weaknesses: Minuscule militarised space-borne forces, as the Regions adhere quite strictly to the Laws of Ieryrel, Protector of Mitakihara (p4H-Y2S3I11C18S13) which restrict the extent of advancement in several key fields. Not an awful lot in the way of prior engagements, so experience is a hard-to-find resource. Tactics amount to what can be gleaned from possibly ancient and maybe a tad outdated Wikipedia-equivalents. Very few prevalent weapons besides missiles.
Economical Investment in Military: 3.63%
Military Size: 32 Nyu, 1,004,227 Cshū, 20,000,000 automata
Foreign Policy: Not fond of intervention unless explicitly requested to do so, and unlikely even then. Passive, more like a border guard if anything, but willing to pursue combatants as far as their missiles can go.
FTL Method: Bends space to seemingly teleport to another location with an unnerving degree of precision and accuracy. Requires substantial energy to do so, and there must be a relatively large interval between uses to recharge. Minimal transit time, but energy cost depends on distance covered and size of transported object(s). Cannot be intercepted or disrupted. Soft maximum range of about fifteen (15) light years per jump, as energy costs become prohibitvely high beyond that point. Inertia is still a thing for transported objects.
Technology: Ways to better life are the focus of many facilities across the cities. As miniturisation remains the dominant trend, incresingly powerful and capable devices continue to roll off manufacturing lines, even as they shrink. Robots are a part of daily life, handling tasks too dangerous or menial for Cshū, though they are just barely reaching Cshū levels of intelligence. Safety is of utmost importance, however, with many precautions, redundancies, safeguards, and measures in place to prevent disasters, and handle damage control, should one occur. All twenty-six cities, and nearly every manned facility, are connected to each other via online networking, making communication a non-issue. Medical sciences and bioengineering are also highly prioritised fields.

Map Claim(s): G,F & G,G & H,G
Map Color: Rainbow Chartreuse
Additional Information: List of the cities
  • Mitakihara
  • Jianye
  • Yanjing
  • Luoyi
  • Minanga Tamwan
  • Pataliputra
  • Sthanishvara
  • Pedra Furada
  • Winoka
  • Mohenjo-daro
  • Zazau
  • Mosky
  • Sonargaon
  • Teotihuacan
  • Sapa
  • Waset
  • Lam Ap Pho
  • Roha
  • Ercolano
  • Ara Ubiorum
  • Rhagae
  • Ilansura
  • Lavo
  • Kinchassa
  • Lutetia
  • Verlamion

Species Name: Nyu (M3a-e1D3)
Physical Description: Nyu may vary in size greatly, though a number of existing specimens are the size of small nations. They are translucent to a certain extent, with their outer surface being tinged green due to the presence of chlorophyll. Their digestive juiced are capable of digesting almost all naturally-occurring materials and a fair number of artifical ones. They tend to move somewhat slowly. There are no sexes, though they do usually choose one for the benefit of the Cshū.
Average Lifetime: 145 Earth years
Species Traits: These gigantic slime-like beings are generally unaffected by small projectiles, such as micrometeoroids, sealing up the entry wound rapidly and digesting the projectile with their potent digestive juices. Blunt trauma and large cuts inflict much more damage, possibly causing smaller Nyu to rupture and burst.

They are able to withstand a wide range of environments, with wildly varying temperatures and sometimes no oxygen. They are capable of storing large amounts of material, of any state, by simply creating spaces with their body, thus allowing for space travel given adequate preparation.

Being aerobic creatures, they need oxygen in order to sustain their body proportional to size, though killing off or 'hibernating' some of their cells can reduce requirements. Genetic modification and augmentation has improved the efficiency of respiration, though, thus allowing for unprecedented sizes.

They reproduce asexually by undergoing mass cell division, though such a process is time-consuming and costly. The resulting Nyu is not only genetically identical to its parent, it is basically the exact same organism, being a precise copy, with the shared minds of its parent. Afterwards, the newly-formed Nyu tends to cannibalise its parent, as this process is done only at the end of one's natural lifespan. This has fuelled a lot of philosophical debate on the nature of souls and the like before, though things have died down somewhat. During reproduction, Nyu enter a state similar to hibernation.

Despite looking like one massive blob, they are multicellular. They possess the capability to split off parts of themselves and control them separately to a great degree, though this requires a merged Nyu to do so. Violently and painfully, Nyu can also compress their body to the point where they rupture, a form of suicide most prevalent during the enslavement and rebellion. The resulting floods, even with smaller masses, could easily drown swathes of land. Nowadays, it is taboo, for the damage that it would cause and the millions of Nyu minds that would be destroyed in the process.

The Nyu communicate via audio, vibrating several dedicated organs to produce sounds of various pitches and loudness. There is a writing system of sorts, made by the Cshū, but Nyu have learnt to speak the various tongues of the Cshū with the aid of more artificial organs. Natural Nyu internal organs can be shifted around somewhat easily, thouh it is a slow process.

'Mergers' between multiple Nyu are possible, even frequent, and are the main reason for the immense size of most present-day Nyu. In such mergers, the body and mind are wholly integrated together, though in the past, the process was more akin to assimilation and subjugation. The sentience and consciousness of both beings remain, with their 'brains' being linked together physically. Multiple merged Nyu tend to form communities of their own, numbering many millions of smaller Nyu, to the point where many Nyu are more like small countries than individual creatures. These collectives often take on a new name.

Separating merged Nyu is a rather tedious process, involving delicately severing the connections between the Nyu, which grow increasingly complex with time. Within a handful of years, at most, separation becomes nigh impossible, and even before that, it would inflict rather severe trauma.

Nyu can make parts of themselves go into 'hibernation', slowing consumption to a halt, a practice that is done often to minimise the day-to-day needs of Nyu. Waking up parts of themselves from hibernation takes days, however.
Species Diet: Practically anything that can be broken down by the digestive system, even rocks and metal, as well as the esoteric existences that may vaguely be classified as fruits and vegetables cultivated in the Cshū habitats. There is a reason why they caused an extinction event. Also has chlorophyll for photosynthesis, making them a brilliant vert.
Additional Information: The names 'Nyu' and 'Cshū' were given to the species after the first mass extinction, and translate to 'servant' and 'master' respectively.

Species Name: Cshū (l5W6D5_)
Physical Description: The only other sentient species on Taher. Adult Cshū stand on average at 1.59 metres, with a mass of around 48.8 kilogrammes. They are humanoid in shape, and skin colours usually range from very light peach to slightly tan. Peculiarly, they have structures resembling the ears and tail of an Earth-based house cat; this is thought to be the result of accidental introduction of foreign genetic material during the first revival project, but Cshū have taken it in stride. The hair and eye colour spectrums are much wider than the one for skin, encompassing practically the full colour wheel.
Average Lifetime: 110 Earth years
Species Traits: Cshū are similar to humans, if more petite in stature, with the exception of their ears and tails. These body parts are fully integrated with the rest of the body, and function just as well as those on cats. As a result, they have sharper hearing than an average human.
Species Diet: Cshū are omnivores, but tend to have herbivorous diets.
Additional Information:

Let me know if too excessive.
Last edited by Republic of Hasgriu on Tue May 10, 2016 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Mon May 09, 2016 6:30 am

Republic of Hasgriu wrote: -Apps Snipped-

Just a few questions/fixes:

1) Im assuming you are refering to the physical size of you military when you use the label kilometers cubed, which is unnecessary. If you'd like to define the size of your navy, I would use ships classes and the number of ships you own.

2) In your Military strengths you mention a massive military force, however your troops number below 50,000,000. Im not sure if this was a typo and you meant to add more zero's, or if it was an inconsistancy. Either way it's extremely small as it is and while thats fine, you should adjust your strengths appropriately.

Now, you could of course be speaking to the size or the number of ships in which case just add that in and ignore the above text.

3) This is just a confirmation that you have to charge up your FTL for a significant amount of time before using it and that it has to charge up between uses.

Alright. Other than the above things I dont see any other issues. Your species apps are perfectly acceptable and after these things are addressed we can get you in the RP!
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon May 09, 2016 7:59 am

Drakmah wrote:
Jaladristan wrote:I just realised that I completely forgot to post my species application...

70cm? Seems a bit small but if that's what you wanted then it's fine by me. Other than that everything is good.

The federation of Kendor wrote:Drakmah,i have already answer your question regarding my species app so just accept my app already

Whoa whoa calm down there. I need to sleep you know? I mean I was up late last night but not 4:30 late. Well anyways,

Alright, as long as the food is only available on their home planet and the flying is adjusted for different atmospheres when they are on other planets I'm fine with it. Go ahead and make your nation app and then we can officially get you into the RP.

Nation Name: Draken Empire
National Leader(s):Harzah Freka
Nation Capital:Harun Dazan
Nation History:Before the first contact with the Zvydarians,the Draken were a peace loving nation that valued peace.This all change however when their spaceship which used the warp drive got destroyed by the Zvydarians.The Zvydarians then invaded and take their homeworld and enslaved their populace.

When the Draken were enslaved by the Zvydarians,the Draken were used by the Zvydarians as worker and soldier with the worker,especially male being exploited for their large,muscular body and their ability to fly and the soldier were exploited for their ability to breath fire and spit acid as well as the same feature the Zvydarians exploited on the worker Drakens.

When the soldier Drakens noticed the weakening Zvydarians,they rebelled against the Zvydarians and encouraged the worker slave to do the same.Some Drakens even encouraged other enslaved species to rebel.This create a large scale rebellion that the Drakens later win and they were able to reclaim the homeworld but they still attacked the Zvydarians which has their empire in process of being destroyed but still hasn't give up yet.

After the Zvydarian Empire were defeated the Draken's attitude were changed by their time as Zvydarian Empire slave as well as the destruction of their homeworld.They later repaired their homeworld but the effect of the whole thing they have gone through cause them to become more militant but they still adhere to the peace and this is shown by the fact that they only invade a nation if they threaten their nation and their interest and this still comtinued to to this day.

During the reconstruction era they taked the technology the Zvydarians formerly have and reverse engineer it to make their own.They also researched new technology on their own discovery and establish trade with any nation they met and occasionally conquering a nation that threatened their interest.

Today,the Draken Empire is now a flourishing empire that become the destination of any species.This is because of the recent development in Draken Empire in which the leader aggressively promoted Draken Empire to another species and the growth of their economy making the Draken Empire the envy of another empire.
Population:158 billion

Government Type:Democratic Plutocracy
Government Description:As said by the government type,the Democratic Plutocracy government is a combination of Democracy and Plutocracy.This means that there is legislation and elections and in the Draken Empire a leader can got elected for 15 years.This also meaned that everyone is equal and wealthy.Also wealth is encouraged along the member of the parliament.
Species:Draken
Cultural Information:The Draken valued peace and wealth.They are ready to trade with another species when they meet them for first time.They are trained from child to be good with business and managing,They also respected beauty but they occasionally would invade a nation if they threatened their interest.
Society Information:The Drakens with the most wealth in their colony where they reside would be sworn as the leader of the colony followed with the second most wealthy sworn as the vice president.Their society is peaceful and they respected traditions too.Most of the Draken live on Harun Dazan and its moon while the rest is spread across their colony.Their homeworld and colony itself is fancy and luxurious and when a person visited a world controlled by the Drakens at night they would see a giant city gleaming in light.

Economy strength:98
Primary Industry:There's many industry including shipbuilding,agriculture,manifacturing,commerce and many other industries but the main one is commerce
Currency name:Credit
Economic Description:They have the ability to produce almost anything in the quickest and cheapest way possible.This make their economy flourish and almost non dependent on import.Because of that advantage the Drakens like to export their products to another empire in large quantity and cheap prices though the cheap price is compensated by the large quantity.Also there are no wealth gaps in Drakens society.All Drakens is wealthy and they each have business they manage and run

Military Doctrine:Defend the homeworld and colony first in case a species attacks and then send many warship and troop to invade the species.The attack would be done through the blitzkrieg,zerg rush and flanking strategy.After the defense failed and the military weakened then they can conquer the system.
Military Strengths:Their military ship is equipped with two different FTL drive and also they are heavily armed with many guns.Their ground unit is also strong with their infantry unit owning a laser blade and a plasma gun as well as natural ability to breath fire and spit acid and also a strong armor.Their ground vehicle having a rail gun amd plasma gun,have ability to hover and have a strong armor.Also their mech have many guns too which their largest mech having wide variety of weapons ranging from laser blade,rocket launcher,plasma gun and other weapons
Military Weaknesses:The number of guns however have a detrimental effects on both their mechs and spaceship as it slowed their speed from the weight of the gun.Also their charge weapon have a rather long time to recharge if it's used in full strength.Also their rail guns have a long time to charge and their spaceship consumed huge energy from their many weapons as well as their mech.Also their many guns meaned the spaceship have a hard time to maneuver and thus it must be escorted by the more lightly armed scout and fighter ship.
Economical Investment in Military: 6.98%
Military Size:3 billion ground troops with half active and another half reserve,6 billion pilot,8 billion ship,10 billion mech and drone
Foreign Policy:When meeting a nation for a first time they would try to offer them a trade treaty.When the relationship developed further they would give the nation friendship then alliance treaty.If the nation is threatening their interest then the Draken would neutralize the nation by using their military
FTL Method:They have two FTL methods which is both used on their civilian and military ship.Its the warp drive and hyperdrive.The warp drive has the ability to instatenously travel to any place but it has a weakness of consuming a lot of energy and can't warp far and because of the energy consumption they would have to wait for some time to recharge while the hyperdrive would bring the ship to another dimension knows as the hyperspace which would allow anything to travel to any place quickly and has a longer range than the warp drive the weakness however is the hyperdrive only works when the ship reaches a certain speed.Also both drives is used on a single ship.
Technology:They have many tech but one of their famous tech is the replicator machine that is responsible for their huge mass production and many other tech that is difficult to explain fully but in short they have advanced tech

Map Claim(s):(m,s),(n,s),(n,r),(m,r),(o,r),(p,r),(p,q),(m,q),(l,q),(k,q)
Map Color:Emerald green
Additional Information:No
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Mon May 09, 2016 9:07 am

The federation of Kendor wrote: -App Snip-

Alright so here are my questions/issues:
1) The app as a whole is rather difficult to read, just how the sentences are set up and everything. I'm not sure if this is something that can be rectified but if it is, please do so.

2) In regards to your economy I'm going to have to ask you to drop or rework several things. First of all I'm not comfortable with you having a machine that can replicate anything. This is just for balance reasoning as it would be very unfair if you could clone literally anything. Without the replication machine you are going to have to drop your economy down to mid to high 80's at most, as you dont really specialize in anything and so you dont have any monopolies.

On the note of having a high economy, without the replicator machine you are going to have to diverisity the wealth in your nation. This means that you need to have wealth gaps which allows you to move wealth around your country. An economy can't function if everyone is rich, you need to have lower income people or no income (In the form of robots or slaves) who do the work.

3) Please pick one FTL method

4) Just to be clear: You have lots of guns on your ships and troops and this makes your ships slow and unable to maneuver well?

5) Also in your additional info you mention that you have advanced tech, and I would just like to make it clear that no nation has had enough time to gain a significant advantage over one another in terms of tech, so while you've had time develope tech to a point where you are unique compared to other nations, you dont have an advantage.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Mon May 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Arvenia wrote:Nation Name: Caldorian Federation
National Leader(s): King Alberon Grandov (head of state) and Prime Minister Gedron Targakon (head of government)
Nation Capital: Caldor (Caldari Prime)
Nation History: The Caldorians used FTL long time ago. The Caldorians lived in peace until the Zvydarians arrived and used them as specialists in security and economics. The Caldorians remained loyal to the Zvydarians until slaves revolted. The Caldorians were manipulated by a noble man named Agron into helping the non-Caldorian slaves against Zvydar. The rebellion went successful and the Zvydarians left Caldor System. A monarchy was imposed in the Caldorian territories under Agron. It was absolute for years until conflict broke out between Absolutists, those who wants to preserve the Caldorian monarchy, and the Constitutionalists, those seeking to reform the monarchy into democracy. The Constitutionalists won and a Prime Minister was elected.

The Caldorian Federation expanded itself, but stopped after an incident with an insectoid race that nearly resulted in war. The Caldorians have a mixed economy and a strong military to fend off hostile forces.
Population: 92,000,000,000

Government Type: Federal Monarchy
Government Description: Caldoria is a federal monarchy under a monarch and a Prime Minister. The Caldorian Federal Assembly is composed of two houses, the upper House of Lords and the lower House of Citizens. Elections are held each fourth year. The main political parties are the conservative Aristocrats and the liberal Egalitarians.
Species: Caldorians
Cultural Information: The Caldorians are a people believing in both war and peace. They are diverse by color and personality, but are all still the same.
Society Information: The society was once feudal and religious, but since the constitutional victory in the absolute-constitutional conflict, it is highly equal and secular.

Economy strength: 80/100
Primary Industry: Machinery (weapons, vehicles, robots, electronics, etc) and food industry
Currency name: Calds
Economic Description: The economy is stabile and economically mixed with support from several companies. The Caldorians believes they are being contested by several species within economy, so they to contest back. They are good enough to pay taxes.

Military Doctrine: The Caldorians prays before a battle and must always follows the rules of war, which means no genocide or other forms of war crime.
Military Strengths: Many troops, centralized military and good weapons.
Military Weaknesses: Warp drive in many ships.
Economical Investment in Military: Just a little, since Caldoria was neutral.
Military Size: 1,000,000 soldiers and 80 ships
Foreign Policy: The Caldorians are openist (open to other worlds), but are still aware of hostile species like the insectoids they meet years ago. They do strict immigration control, but no species has immigrated to Caldorian territories yet.
FTL Method: The warp drive is the FTL and functions the same with limited energy and full force.
Technology: The Caldorians are technologically advanced, but not like the Zvydarians and other races. They have created superior weapons and better electronics.

Map Claim(s): Alpha Quadrant (E and F with Caldari Prime on the map)
Map Color: Violet
Additional Information: TBA

Species Name: Caldorians
Physical Description: Humanoid bipedal wolves or dogs with much fur and no tails at all
Average Lifetime: 100-140
Species Traits: They run faster, have great intelligence, being attractive and sees in the dark.
Species Diet: Omnivore
Additional Information: Well, they are technically wolves, except bipedal and without tails.

App done!
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon May 09, 2016 1:01 pm

Arvenia wrote:App done!

Quick question: is the insectoid race you nearly had a war with any specific insectoid race or just a general insectoid race? I don't think anyone would mind either way, but it would just be nice to know.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Xylx
Lobbyist

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Xylx » Mon May 09, 2016 1:09 pm

So I think this RP is moving at a much faster pace than I thought it would, but that's mostly my fault. This is you guys' main thing in NS, while my main thing is NSSport; I thought I could cross over, but I don't think it's fair for you guys. So, I'm dropping out of the RP. Since I only had one post that didn't interact with anyone, shouldn't matter much.

Brilliant idea, though, and I'll be keeping an eye on the storyline as it progresses.

Thanks,

Xylx

P.S.: Feel free to claim my space, use my people, throw them out, whatever.

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Mon May 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Xylx wrote:So I think this RP is moving at a much faster pace than I thought it would, but that's mostly my fault. This is you guys' main thing in NS, while my main thing is NSSport; I thought I could cross over, but I don't think it's fair for you guys. So, I'm dropping out of the RP. Since I only had one post that didn't interact with anyone, shouldn't matter much.

Brilliant idea, though, and I'll be keeping an eye on the storyline as it progresses.

Thanks,

Xylx

P.S.: Feel free to claim my space, use my people, throw them out, whatever.

Well thats too bad. The RP is looking like it is slowing down, so feel free to comeback. You're always welcome.
Personality type: INFP-A
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon May 09, 2016 9:44 pm

I would like to eat some land. I have fleets out on the western borders of my current holdings. Say...one letter over and above?

Also OP, mind if I find my original homeworld?
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue May 10, 2016 4:17 am

Drakmah wrote:
The federation of Kendor wrote: -App Snip-

Alright so here are my questions/issues:
1) The app as a whole is rather difficult to read, just how the sentences are set up and everything. I'm not sure if this is something that can be rectified but if it is, please do so.

2) In regards to your economy I'm going to have to ask you to drop or rework several things. First of all I'm not comfortable with you having a machine that can replicate anything. This is just for balance reasoning as it would be very unfair if you could clone literally anything. Without the replication machine you are going to have to drop your economy down to mid to high 80's at most, as you dont really specialize in anything and so you dont have any monopolies.

On the note of having a high economy, without the replicator machine you are going to have to diverisity the wealth in your nation. This means that you need to have wealth gaps which allows you to move wealth around your country. An economy can't function if everyone is rich, you need to have lower income people or no income (In the form of robots or slaves) who do the work.

3) Please pick one FTL method

4) Just to be clear: You have lots of guns on your ships and troops and this makes your ships slow and unable to maneuver well?

5) Also in your additional info you mention that you have advanced tech, and I would just like to make it clear that no nation has had enough time to gain a significant advantage over one another in terms of tech, so while you've had time develope tech to a point where you are unique compared to other nations, you dont have an advantage.

1)Sorry,but i was about to sleep so i rushed when i make the app and this make the quality of the app bad.Also i just write the app when posting it so i just think as much as i can when writing the app because i don't prepare what i want to put in the app first.Also i play NationStates with my ipad and this make the scrolling slow and difficult to write that many word like that and i don't play my ipad in stand position but in rest position because it gives a more wider screen.This explanation can also answer most of your question about my nation
2)While the machine can replicate things,the process is more difficult than you though because errors can happen when using the machine,causing the replicated object to have a defect the original object don't have.Also the machine can't replicate dark matter and it take 9-12 months to make one replicator machine.So in another word,the machine don't literally clone anything as there's some object that the machine has difficulty to replicate and even can't replicate.We would discuss this later about the economy having to be dropped.Also about the wealth gap i would agree to add the gap,the lowest wealth a Draken have is equivalent to mid income family wealth.Also my nation have many robot and drone to do the work.
3)Okay,about the one FTL method i decided to select the hyperdrive method.
4)Yes,my ships have a lot of guns but not with the more smaller ship as they have fewer guns and thus have high speed and were able to maneuver well while the mid sized ship has more gun than the small size ship but they still have decent maneuvering.The problem with the maneuvering instead goes to the large and giant size ship,such as the capital ship as they have many gun which make their maneuvering bad but the number of the gun compensate it.Also the troop don't carry many gun but the mech and drone have the same problem as the ship especially the large and giant sized one
5)Okay,their unique tech part is their ability to harness graviton and plasma.This is used in many fields including construction,energy and another fields.They also have advanced knowledge in the biology field such as in their farming and genetic manipulation ability and it's also used in their terraforming.Also they have the ability to use their own bioligical ability such as breathing fire,spitting acid and flying on their tech and they also have giant jetpack with efficient fuel system that helps them to fly on a planet that have different atmosphere than their homeworld
Last edited by The Federation of Kendor on Tue May 10, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Dispatch

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Tue May 10, 2016 4:19 am

Tagged
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 am

Drakmah wrote:
Republic of Hasgriu wrote: -Apps Snipped-
3) This is just a confirmation that you have to charge up your FTL for a significant amount of time before using it and that it has to charge up between uses.

Alright, that shall be the case. App will be amended.
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Tue May 10, 2016 10:47 am

Hey greater dutch republic, you didn't respond to my post! :(
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Tue May 10, 2016 12:15 pm

Ben M wrote:Hey greater dutch republic, you didn't respond to my post! :(

1: I kinda did.
2: You're at war with Pavlovstan. You have bigger things to worry about.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Wed May 11, 2016 12:26 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:
Ben M wrote:Hey greater dutch republic, you didn't respond to my post! :(

1: I kinda did.

1: I don't see where you responded to my post about my ship that you were firing on an
2: No I am not thats the selenian order and even if I was I would still want you to respond to and continue the straxis plot.

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Wed May 11, 2016 3:45 am

Ben M wrote:
The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:1: I kinda did.

1: I don't see where you responded to my post about my ship that you were firing on an
2: No I am not thats the selenian order and even if I was I would still want you to respond to and continue the straxis plot.

You're not Selenia? I have no idea who the people on this thread are because there is no list of nations. And I don't see that post.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Wed May 11, 2016 4:09 am

Drakmah wrote:
Accepted Nations List

There's your list of nations.

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Wed May 11, 2016 12:19 pm

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:
Ben M wrote:1: I don't see where you responded to my post about my ship that you were firing on an

You're not Selenia? I have no idea who the people on this thread are because there is no list of nations. And I don't see that post.

Even if I was or wasn't selenia I made a a post about straxis/the ship you are chasing down here.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Thu May 12, 2016 4:36 am

Arvenia wrote: -App Snip-

Two things:

You spoke of a large military, however you only have a million troops. There are military's in the billions here so you may want to ramp up your forces.

Also you cannot be technologically advanced. You can have diverse and unique tech but it can't be significantly better than anyone else.

Alright, so fix those things and you are good.

The federation of Kendor wrote: -Snip-

If your replicator is that underpowered than you wouldn't have such a good economy. Drop it to mid - high 80's.

Other than that you are all set unless I find something else in your final rendition of your app.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse