NATION

PASSWORD

Splintered Reclamation [FT | OOC | OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Splintered Reclamation [FT | OOC | OPEN]

Postby Drakmah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:58 pm

10:22 // [Transmission received]
10:22 // <Open>
10:23 // [Opening Transmission]
10:23 // [This is Sergeant Falker reporting in from the Outer Rim. We’ve found and managed to make contact with the unidentified vessels that were picked up by our sensors a few hours ago. We can’t understand their language, however our translation programs are actively working to make sense of what they are saying. We’ve received several transmissions and each seem to assist the translator in its job. I’m not sure why they’ve sent multiple transmissions, but Dr. Etche theorizes they are sending sample texts to assist us in the effort of translation. He also recommended that we do the same, and record a long list of words sorted into categories such as verbs, adjectives, nouns, and so on and so forth. With your approval we will go ahead with Dr. Etche’s plan in hopes of allowing them to translate our language as well. Once we finish translating their language, I will make sure to relay their transmissions for archiving as our first contact with sentient alien life.

This is a glorious day for our kind Admiral, and I am honored to be a part of it.

Falker out.]
10:25 // <Reply>
10:25 // [Initializing new transmission]
10:25 // [New transmission initialized, begin typing]
10:26 // <This is Admiral Vrendo. You have been granted clearance to proceed with Dr. Etche’s plan. You are to begin immediately.

-Admiral Vrendo>
10:29 // <Send transmission>
10:29 // [Transmission sent]
10:30 // [Refreshing]
10:31 // [Refreshing]
10:32 // [Refreshing]
10:32 // [Transmission received]
10:32 // <Open>
10:32 // [Opening transmission]
10:33 // [Falker here. The translator has finished and you are going to want to take a look at this Sir. I don’t think they were helping us translate...]
10:33 // [Attachment received]
10:34 // <Open attachment>
10:34 // [Opening attachment]
10:34 // [Unable to open file]
10:34 // [File corrupted]
10:35 // [Uplink receiver not responding]
10:35 // [Attempting to re-establish connection]
10:36 // [Attempting to re-establish connection]
10:37 // [Attempting to re-establish connection]
10:37 // [Unable to establish a connection]
10:37 // [Connection lost]

Unfortunately for the many new space faring nations, this was the beginning of their worst nightmare. It is always been a dream of those who are just reaching the cusp of space travel to meet an alien lifeform, to know they are not alone amongst the stars. However, first contact never turned out the way these nations hoped it would, and what seemed to be the pinnacle of species achievement was quickly realized to the be the doom it truly was. You see, outside of these isolated planets that contain life there used to only be one power with the technology to rule the Galaxy. They were known as the Zvydar. These complex alien lifeforms made a quick habit of controlling those who were just entering the galactic community. They found that it was easier to conquer these new arrivals before they were able to reach out then wait for them to grow stronger. They systematically conquered most of the known galaxy while forcing their xenophobic views down on the populace through subjugation and enslavement.

You were once one of those nations, an adventurous and excited race that took pride in its new found ability to explore space. Taking to the stars only to have your land be taken and your people killed in a short yet devastating war that wiped out your military. The most advanced fleets that you could muster were no match for the vastly superior warships of the Zvydarian Empire. After crushing defeat you joined those who came before you, just like they joined the ones before them. With your people enslaved, your government destroyed, and your planets taken the Zvydarians pushed you into the growing slave and worker force that was responsible for the might and glory of their Empire. But soon their sphere of control grew too large. With only a limited amount of loyal soldiers spread wide and far, the Zvydarian Empire became unable to police itself or suppress the masses of slaves that yearned for their old lives back.

One by one sectors of slaves rose up against their overlords. With their troops being thin they were unable to keep all the rebellions down. Slaves would rise up wherever soldiers weren’t causing more and more of the empire to fall into civil war. The leaders of each section soon joined up into an official organized military force, and within a 20 year period the Zvydarian Empire had been defeated. Once the war was over the leaders of each rebel faction decided how to divide the galaxy, drawing out borders and splitting the resources gained to compensate for the destruction of their homeworlds and the many years of slavery. Each faction retreated to their allotted territory and has lived within those borders ever since. It has been 75 years since the rebellion ended. Each nation has been existing as an independent state since that time, each using the time to stabilize their nation and develop their government. Whether that stabilization was successful is arguable, and its strength will be tested in the coming years.

Hello!

It is I, Drakmah, your not so humble OP here to talk about some of the nuances of this grand RP we have here. In this world you will play as one of the many rebel factions turned into nations. It has been 75 years since your leaders have taken control of your own nation. While the first few years were likely very difficult, you were able to pull through and stabilize your country enough to keep it under your control. However all is not well in the galaxy, as recently there have been sightings of ships that resemble those of your ancient enemies. Will you hold together and prevail through the many troubles coming your way? Or will you fall to one of the many challenges that lie ahead.

Rules:
1) Do not commit any of the staple Nationstates sins (Godmodding, Metagaming, Disobeying Me, etc)
2) Respect your fellow RPer’s
3) No fighting in the OOC: If you have an issue please TG me and I will do my best to resolve the issue quickly, and most importantly privately
4) FTL may only be used for travel within the RP. Meaning that it cannot be used during combat unless the user is attempting to retreat from taking sustained losses. This means no Picard Maneuvers or the like, sorry
5) No RKV’s please. You can explain the logic behind them all you want but I want nothing to do with them and I want them nowhere near my RP
6) Adhere to post quality. Where nation RPs are concerned there is an expectation that the quality of the posts put up in the IC have not only a reasonable length of at least a moderate paragraph, but are also written using coherent english. If you have an issue or are unable to post at this level please TG me and I would be happy to assist you in rising to the acceptable quality level
7) Please ask questions! If something in the OP confuses you or you have any questions about the mechanics please feel free to ask. I’m quite active and should be around most of the day (EST) to answer any questions proposed
8) Have Fun!

Nation Application:
Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]National Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Nation Capital:[/b]
[b]Nation History:[/b] (Info about your role in the rebellion and what has happened between the end of the rebellion and the current time)
[b]Population:[/b] (Limits are between 50 Billion - 200 Billion)

[b]Government Type:[/b] (Try and use an official name)
[b]Government Description:[/b] (Just a small paragraph unless you have a highly unique government set up)
[b]Species:[/b] (Use the names of the species you create and then cross reference them in the species application below)
[b]Cultural Information:[/b]
[b]Society Information:[/b]

[b]Economy strength:[/b] (Use a scale out of 100, meaning your economical strength would be x/100. If you are going to have a high economy strength you will need to have it as a focus, meaning I may ask you to lower it if I think it's too high for no reason)
[b]Primary Industry:[/b]
[b]Currency name:[/b]
[b]Economic Description:[/b] (Describe how your economy works. Talk about imports, exports, wealth gaps and economical classes if you have them, or talk about how you don’t. Go into detail about why you have the economy you have, and the circumstances of why you have it)

[b]Military Doctrine:[/b] (Overarching strategy of your military)
[b]Military Strengths:[/b] (Must be balanced by weaknesses)
[b]Military Weaknesses:[/b] (If you wish, you may have more weaknesses than strengths)
[b]Economical Investment in Military:[/b] (The larger your military, the more money it costs. Meaning that if you want to support a large active military you are going to have to pay for all of it, which is where you draw from your economy.
[b]Military Size:[/b]
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b]
[b]FTL Method:[/b] (Your entire empire must use one universal FTL method, meaning your military cannot have a separate one)
[b]Technology:[/b] (Everyone is on the same general tech level, however this is where you would include the tech that makes you unique from the other nations)

[b]Map Claim(s):[/b] (Take the most recent map edit and edit what you want into it. When you are accepted I will try to edit your claims in one by one as soon as I can. Until you are accepted the territory you are trying to claim is still up for grabs, and if someone who is contesting it is accepted before you are you will have to change your map claims. Should you wish to stake out something out that is unofficial, post a work in progress app with map claims and hopefully people will respect your claim, however they may not. Priority in map disputes favor those who post a COMPLETED app first.)
[b]Map Color:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b] (You may post spoilered pictures of your troops, ships, and other assets that you deem require a photo or further explanation in this section)

Species Application:
Code: Select all
[b]Species Name:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] (Please provide a description even if you provide a photo. You may describe other things that the picture does not show, or a difference between your actual species and the picture shown should the photo not 100% represent your race.)
[b]Average Lifetime:[/b] (Between 50 - 150 years)
[b]Species Traits:[/b] (Describe what makes them unique from a characteristic standpoint)
[b]Species Diet:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b] (Pictures of your race may go here)

A Note about the Established Genre:
Scifi is, as a genre of roleplaying, often one that runs into the issue of incorporating originality accompanied with avoiding genericity. To help open up options for nation creation I’ve written this section to allow those who are filling out the application to have an encouraged and defined way to go about using technology or nuances coined by established Scifi titles. For this to be done correctly there needs to be a balance between borrowing already fleshed out mechanics while at the same time preserving the originality of one’s nation, with the end product being something that at its core comes from the player's mind and imagination. This is, however, not an excuse to take large amounts of lore and background from these already established universes. While the usage of mechanics and technology is welcomed, usage of lore is not. Your nations must have original societies and backgrounds that are consistent with the given lore of THIS universe.

Here are some examples for reference:
Phasers - Star Trek
Lightsabers - Star Wars
Digistructing - Borderlands
Biotic Powers - Mass Effect
Hardlight - Halo
Power Armor - Fallout (I know this is a stretch when it comes to scifi but I am including it)
Specific Spaceships - Eve

In order to correctly borrow a mechanic the process is simple. Under the technology portion of the application, list what you are borrowing and the source of the mechanic you are borrowing from. You should also include a small description of what it is, so that people who are viewing your application who may not be familiar with the source you are using can still understand what it is.

However, when bringing together both original content and established content it’s important to recognize that because they have never co-existed together on a tangible platform there is bound to be some discrepancies between them all. Because of this, I’m reserving the right to limit and balance certain capabilities if I deem it necessary, while still maintaining the spirit of the mechanic so that it can still be used with all the enjoyment that was intended.

Under no circumstances are hyperlinked wikipedia articles substitutes for a small paragraph of explanation. While I'm sure it contains all the information anyone would need on the subject, it is your job to go through said article and find a small amount of relevant information, as it gets annoying for myself and anyone else interested in your application to have read through 7 different wikipedia pages just to understand the capabilities of your nation. Please do not copy and paste sections from these same wikipedia pages either. If you would like to use the tech or mechanic please have enough of a knowledge base to be able to write your own summary of it.
Last edited by Drakmah on Wed May 04, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Accepted Nations List

My Nation: The Darlashian Empire

The Outer Rim - Ben M

The Irenian Ascendancy - Icthyia

Cyris Collective - Federal States of Xathuecia

The Republic of Renis - The system of Renis

The Traxis Collective - Spindle

Selenian Order - Garfunclia

The Commonwealth of Elm - Greater Utrecht

Tribes of Xylx - Xylx

Republic of Uhlvyar - The Greater Dutch Republic

The Ecumene - Taigawa

The Pavlostani Supremacy - Pavlostani

The Union of the Nuri - Jaladristan

Amyr United Front - Senkaku

The Eldenian Commonwealth - Equalsun Empire

The Glorious Associated Domains of Alimar - GAmeTopians
Last edited by Drakmah on Fri May 06, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Species Name: Shoalers
Physical Description: Shoalers have their body structures arranged trilaterally. Most of their body is taken up by a long tail. The end of this tail is coated in wiry, hair-like fibres that absorb light. The front of a Shoaler's body is taken up by three flexible arms that split into three smaller finger-like appendages roughly three-quarters of the way up. Each arm, at its base, has a small toothless mouth, while in the center of the three arms is a single compound eye partially covered by a layer of transparent skin. Internally, Shoalers superficially resemble terrestrial starfish, sea urchins and sea cucumbers.

Shoalers are methanogens, converting carbon dioxide and hydrogen gas into methane and water to breath. They possess extremely thin and porous skin, which allows for the cutaneous gas exchange that is their only method of respiration. Shoalers are obligate anaerobes, and will become physically ill if exposed to pure oxygen, leading to death if exposed for extended periods.

Shoalers are both autotrophic and heterotrophic, gaining energy from both light and other organisms. Shoalers are primarily filter-feeders, consuming small aquatic animals and plant particles that are sucked into their three mouths. Water and waste material ingested in this way are filtered out of the digestive system and ejected through three funnels located further down the Shoaler's torso, allowing for a form of jet propulsion. This diet is supplemented by energy gained from sunlight absorbed by the fibres on their tails.

The Shoalers live in symbiosis with bioluminescent prokaryotes living in their veins, which they are capable of manipulating the colour of. Their aforementioned thin and porous skin allows the glowing light of these prokaryotes to be extremely visible. All Shoaler "languages" are based on manipulating the colour of these prokaryotes to produce complex patterns of bioluminescent light, which are analogous to words and letters.

Shoalers are asexual reproducers, and give birth to as many as a thousand young at a time. Newborn Shoalers are using less than a centimetre in length, and in prehistory were common prey for other filter-feeders. Shoalers do not care for their own young. Instead, whatever shoal (See below) comes across them will raise them as their own.

The "shoals" for which the Shoalers are named are large groups of individuals that perform most activities together. These shoals have both a basis in biology and in culture, and were evolved by the biological ancestors of the Shoalers as a defense against larger predators. The average size of these shoals varies between different time periods, cultures and geographical areas, but the average size of a modern shoal is between four and six individuals. Shoalers are extremely social creatures, and being unable to interact with other individuals is very damaging to their psyche. Anxiety disorders are known to develop in a Shoaler after as little as two days without extended interaction with another individual. Most philosophical, political and cultural systems treat each Shoal collectively as a single unit, as opposed to the individuals that populate them.

Shoalers have great cultural variation, much like among other species. However, overall, they are technologically more curious and adventurous than most other species, while at the same time being more slow to change socially and culturally. They can be very condescending at times, though in recent years there has been a conscious pan-species effort to tone that down a little bit.
Average Lifetime: Approximately 60 years (They're r-strategists who have no evolutionary incentive to live past child-bearing age, so they die off five to ten years after becoming infertile.)
Species Traits:
- Methanogenic obligate anaerobes
- Bioluminescent communication
- Partially photosynthetic
- Aquatic
- Trilateral symmetry
- Naturally collectivist, with a distinctly non-human perspective on what comprises an "individual"
Species Diet: They are omnivorous filter-feeders who supplement their diet with photosynthesis in times of famine.
Additional Information: This is an idea for a species I've had for a while. I drew them a while ago, and while I'm not exactly an artist it might help in picturing them.
Last edited by Utceforp on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Tagerino
Personality type: INFP-A
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Tag

Utceforp wrote:tag

Welcome!

Utceforp wrote: -Snip-

Looks good! Keep going with the nation application and I look forward to our first acceptance!

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Nation Name: Cyris Collective
National Leader(s): Imperial Magistrate Zartav Namu
Nation Capital: Jiaxy
Nation History: The Cyris Collective began on the planet of Jiaxy. There the first governments arose as the very aristocratic population funded efforts for space travel. Once space travel was created, two governments were in control of the homeworld of Jiaxy, the Cyx and the Riis. The Cyx focused on large expeditions to not only colonize worlds but to extract any resources available. The Riis focused on military endeavours and were the first to create the robots that would serve the future Collective. With the invention of robots, their production skyrocketed leading to a boom in industry as nearly every product was able to be made by the new beings making prices low. Within just a century, most people were over 1 million Cys in net worth. This only continued but the population steadily shrank.
Then came the the Great War when the Cyx and the Riis fought each other. The war was caused by a lack of planets by both sides and only served to grow the militaristic uses of the robots. They used nearly all of the remaining resources from their Robotic Industrial era to fund reconstruction efforts and supported large families giving benefits to larger ones. As one more century passed, the population of the both nations was on the rise yet that was when they met the Zvydar. Their large war not too long ago had destroyed most robots leading to a large weakness. This was exploited and soon they fell. When the rebellion began, the Cyris Collective was declared by an agreement by both nations and using their historical robotic armies, they were among the first to fully retake their lands. They won major battles and aided their neighbors as well. Soon enough, they were the one of the strongest fledgling nations of the new era. Within the last seventy-five years, the Collective began large projects to rebuilt a now unified army. The army grew and is one of the largest ones in the Galaxy. New planets and civilizations were brought into the Collective by the tenfold as the new population were granted democracy. The reason for doing so was to keep the economy vibrant by selling goods to these worlds.
Population: 970 Million Citizens (Jiaxians) - 85 Billion Subjects (other alien species under the Collective's domain) - 70 Billion Robotic Soldiers/Workers/Semi-sentient
Government Type: Oligarchic Plutocracy with Democratic Territories
Government Description: The rich Citizens control the government through an oligarchy between the largest and strongest families. Other Subject worlds are controlled by system governments in which subjects vote for their leaders. Courts are widely used and the legislative branch is made up of Citizens but also Subject observers. The army also holds important positions particularly when it comes to recently subjugated worlds or those who continually cast off the Collective.
Species: WIP
Cultural Information: WIP
Society Information: WIP

Economy strength: 92/100
Primary Industry: Mining and Manufactoring
Currency name: Cys
Economic Description: The Collective economy is a powerful manufacturer and producer of raw materials. It's main exports are raw goods from minerals to crops which it is the leading producer. As for imports, the Collective is very dependent on energy though it is trying to expand this sector and lacks severely in other natural resources such as meat, wood, and rare metals such as gold & silver. The many worlds that make up the Collective are sustainably extract of their resources to fund the large companies and industries owned by the Citizens. This funds the basic industries of the Subject worlds which are then provided domestic services by both Subjects and Citizens themselves. This strong independence yet strong production allowed the economy to boom. It continues to bomb as consumer services grow by the Subjects led by Citizen investment. The industrial sector of the economy also grows with the large robotic workforce used, strong Subject demand, and the continuous development by the Citizens. The wealth gap between Citizens is fairly low as many are all equally rich but between Subjects, it can vary heavily. As for between Citizens and Subjects, the gap is often over a hundred million as the Citizens are extremely rich compared to others. The economy is of course capitalist in nature.

Military Doctrine: (Overarching strategy of your military)
Military Strengths: A very large military and incredibly well supplied - No shortage of manpower nor money
Military Weaknesses: Made up of robots placing them at risk of deactivation, loss of commander/command base, and lower level units are incapable of common sense - Very dependent on robots so the destruction of them will automatically bring the Collective to the peace table; no Jiian has every
Economical Investment in Military: (The larger your military, the more money it costs. Meaning that if you want to support a large active military you are going to have to pay for all of it, which is where you draw from your economy.
Military Size: 45 Billion Robotic Soldiers
Foreign Policy: The Collective is not very interventionist and instead focuses on its own internal growth. They view imperialistic states as a competition but also as possible allies. They fear strong expansions by other nations and will seek to cut them down if they are not allies of the Collective. Smaller states often hold great respect of the Collective and they often give protectorate status to systems and nations alike.
FTL Method:
Technology: Robots set the Collective aside from other nations as the research invested into this working force & military is great. The Collective can boast the best, most efficient, and most technologically advanced AI. Aside from that and other strong mining tech, the Collective is on par with other nations.

Map Claim(s): WIP
Map Color: WIP
Additional Information: (You may post spoilered pictures of your troops, ships, and other assets that you deem require a photo or further explanation in this section)
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Tag.

Question: How do you feel about swarm species?
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:Tag.

Well, I'm not really opposed to it as long as you stay within the 50-200 billion population limit.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Drakmah wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:Tag.

Well, I'm not really opposed to it as long as you stay within the 50-200 billion population limit.

How do you feel about my app so far? And how much land would be appropriate?

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Drakmah wrote:Well, I'm not really opposed to it as long as you stay within the 50-200 billion population limit.

How do you feel about my app so far? And how much land would be appropriate?

Reading it now! Ill edit in my thoughts when I'm done.

EDIT:
Just a few questions:
1) With having more aliens in the work force than robots (As more than half of them are in the military) is the backbone of your workforce aliens or robots?
2) Do you segregate your Citizens and Subjects on a planetary basis?
3) It was rather unclear when your people developed FTL in their history, so I just wanted to restate that the Zvydarians always made sure to invade on the cusp of FTL development. I think everything is fine but i wanted to make sure
4) How vulnerable are your robot armies to weapons like EMP's and other electricity based weapons?

That should be all. If I have anymore Ill let you know.
Last edited by Drakmah on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Drakmah wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:How do you feel about my app so far? And how much land would be appropriate?

Reading it now! Ill edit in my thoughts when I'm done.

Lol you are like space Dubai! The cost of living must be VERY high :p
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Ben M wrote:
Drakmah wrote:Reading it now! Ill edit in my thoughts when I'm done.

Me?

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:50 pm

Ben M wrote:

Me?

Yeah, everyones a millionaire no?

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Ben M wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Me?

All the citizens are billionaires, the subjects are like the middle class with some being like citizens

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Ben M wrote:

All the citizens are billionaires, the subjects are like the middle class with some being like citizens

Yeah, so no poor citizens means that inflation makes prices go super high, just like in Dubai or in some ways NYC where the prices are super high and so is the cost living.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:01 pm

Ben M wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:All the citizens are billionaires, the subjects are like the middle class with some being like citizens

Yeah, so no poor citizens means that inflation makes prices go super high, just like in Dubai or in some ways NYC where the prices are super high and so is the cost living.

I guess so but there are a lot of poor subjects but our prices would be higher than normal.

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Ben M wrote:

I guess so but there are a lot of poor subjects but our prices would be higher than normal.

Lol I am not witch hunting yah, just making a simple joke about you being space Dubai :lol:

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Ben M wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:I guess so but there are a lot of poor subjects but our prices would be higher than normal.

Lol I am not witch hunting yah, just making a simple joke about you being space Dubai :lol:

That's fine :hug: - what are you going for?

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Ben M wrote:

That's fine :hug: - what are you going for?

Warring Warlords of the outer rim. With some Galaxy treating sub plots :unsure:

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:How do you feel about my app so far? And how much land would be appropriate?

Just a few questions:
1) With having more aliens in the work force than robots (As more than half of them are in the military) is the backbone of your workforce aliens or robots?
3) It was rather unclear when your people developed FTL in their history, so I just wanted to restate that the Zvydarians always made sure to invade on the cusp of FTL development. I think everything is fine but i wanted to make sure
4) How vulnerable are your robot armies to weapons like EMP's and other electricity based weapons?

Last edited by Drakmah on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Drakmah wrote:

Just a few questions:

1) The backbone is aliens as robots are only used for large industrial tasks like mining.
2) Citizens & Subjects are segregated on a planetary basis but capital hubs are not.
3) They did develop it, it came at the end of the civil war so that's why the Zvydarians attacked.
4) Lower type robots (the majority of them) are vulnerable but high class ones are not. Still, this has proved to be a problem so this is a large focus of research for the Collective.

Icthyia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Icthyia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Species Name: Ireni
Physical Description: A bipod, fungoid species, the Ireni developed as a militant prey species that relied on intelligence, tool-making, and extreme sensation to avoid the humongous predators of their home plant. Fast, agile, and smart, but suffering from short-lifespans, the Ireni culturally developed a war-like habit of glorification and pillage.

Tall and stocky, they are an intimidating presence, covered in black chitinous armor covering grey fungal skin, they oddly reproduce sexually - the after inseminating the mother, who then fertilizes fungal pods. Possessing two eyes on either side of circular head, they posses an extreme number of sensory nerves and appendages that stick out, both of which are extremely delicate and sensitive.

Because of their tendency to experience both extreme pain and extreme pleasure, the Ireni have a tendency to be irrational and pleasure-seeking. While capable of contemplative thought, they developed very slowly as patient, long-tasks only make sense to them when it as a pleasuring payoff. Due to their irrational ways, the rank-and-file are prone to self-mutilation and grafting.

Upon being discovered, they were found to be ill-suited for manual labor and many were put to the sword. They have, however, been extensively used as scouts, raiders, explorers, assassins, bodyguards, and repression-forces(to put down other slaves).
Average Lifetime: 50
Species Traits: They are extremely agile and ware of their surroundings - using smell, hearing, sight, vibration-feelers, taste, and other senses, they can detect movement and life very easily. They are extremely quick to respond, making them almost impossible to surprise but very easy to blind and disable. Due to their stature, they are also very stealthy, and used to clandestine operations.
Species Diet: Omnivorous, meat and plant matter.

Nation Name: The Irenian Ascendancy
National Leader(s): Archon Orlesla
Nation Capital: Cronine
Nation History: The Ireni, forced from their homeworld for more peaceful slaves to settle, were nearly killed off entirely until upper-level bureaucrats were convinced of their military, exploratory and civil applications. Due to their ability to detect and sense threats, could urveve on hostile planets for a long-time, that is, long for their life-spans. Additionally, they were capable soldiers. Ill-suited for heavy slog-fights, they nevertheless proved extremely effective in raids and terror-attacks. Whenever a slave world would prove too rebellious, they would sick the Ireni slave battalions on them and, as "reward" for their service, sanction an entire continent for the slaves to do what they wished for a month. Many slave rebellions were put down because of this, and a considerable amount of ill-will exists because of it.

As the Empire crumbled, the Ireni leadership immediately saw an opportunity and allied with Imperial secessionists and pirates, who provided them a fleet. Since the Ireni were the chief slave-quelling force in most of there outer territories, their defection to the rebellion caused civil wars and rebellions to explode in number - hurting the Empire but providing the Ireni with ample opportunity to rape and plunder. While other species focused on military and political objectives, the Ireni developed a reputation of attacking undefended and mostly civilian worlds - refusing to bombard the planet entirely in order to enact horrifying cruelties on the civilian populace. Neutral and rebel worlds were of course not attacked, but any world still allied with the Empire would suffer the wrath of beleaguered and cruel soldiers.

As the war came to a close, the Ireni leadership finally began to carve out a solid territory and bring back slave populations to do the work they were ill-suited for. Many species, once hopeful of freedom from the civil war, became despondent when they were enslaved by their supposed liberators. Unable to split forces on a two-front war, the Ireni's allies were forced to tolerate their practices lest they risk losing the rebellion and facing extermination. Thus, the Ireni were free to essentially ignore the war goals and attack the most populated, most resource-rich and most vulnerable worlds, taking few casualties as they avoided the main Imperial fleets.

As the war came to a close, the Ireni began to liberate and actually free different military slave races and invite them into a sort of confederation. Defenses were shored up, as the leadership was aware that as soon as the war ended the allies might want to extend their crusade to their ally of convenience. By arranging a ring of worlds and starbases that would be extremely costly to attack, especially after the war, they were able to dissuade potential enemies and gain further allies by liberating the slave military races.

After 70 years of development, the Ireni have developed an oligarchic confederation, with each species holding a "value" in the hierarchy. The "masters", at the top of the scale, are ex-military slave races, including the Ireni, that were invited in as equals in return for allegiance. The "free" races are those who belong to a species that forms up a majority of another nation, and thus, while not enjoying the privileges of masters, are not discriminated against in order to prevent war. The "slaves", the most populous and desperate of the classes, are any species not in the masters or free category, and are worked to death cruelly, treated as property. Centuries of revolt crushing has taught the Ireni how to quarantine, exterminate, and bribe revolts.
Population: 50 billion Masters, 10 billion Free Citizens, 140 billion Slaves.

Government Type: Military Junta
Government Description: The Ascendancy is organized along military allegiances originating from the slave days, although they have changed and expanded since then. Each world is controlled by a clan, the exact governance of which may be oligarchic, autocratic, or even rare circumstances democratic (although always in an apartheid system). The federal government only manages the military, slave issues, and foreign affairs. Each clan must provide a tithe of taxes, soldiers, slaves, and industrial output to feed the military. The only nation-wide, mandated laws are the legal status of slavery, inability to tamper with the class system, and federal tithe requirements.

The federal government is controlled by a Junta of the clan leaders, who vote on key issues and run different bureaucracies. The chief leader, the Archon, is elected from and by the Junta, and his word, while constitutionally bound, is largely law in terms of federal matters.
Species: Ireni (many sub-species).
Cultural Information: The Ireni are extremely focused on pleasure and self-gratification. Drug use, prostitution, sex slavery, and blood sports are extremely common. This means most Ireni live ineffecient, decadent lives reliant on the produce of their slaves. Consequently, any Ireni not in the military tends to be completely subservient to those who are, be it clan or federal, and abused by them. Most of the raw production comes from slaves, and the high-trades come from Free Citizens or educated Ireni.
Society Information: The society is extremely hierarchical and dependent on social status which is determined first by class, then by species, then by occupation. Ireni military members are at the top of the list, with non-military Ireni below them, then sub-species military etc.

Economy strength: 40/100.
Primary Industry: Raw Resource production.
Currency name: The Coin
Economic Description: The economy is entirely dependent on slave labor. Raw materials are produced in abundance, and industrial production is fairly high. This makes for, on paper, a potent economy. However, the clan-system causes free trade barriers, bureaucratic infighting, and autarkic policies that make a unified economy difficult to exist. Nevertheless, in a time of real war, the clan leaders would be capable of of allying enough to dedicate resources to a united front, causing economic production to explode(and killing many of the slaves from over-exhaustion).
Military Doctrine: The military is highly reliant on precision strikes, shock and awe tactics, and misleading the enemy. A vast quantity of inferior, poor-quality ships are produces to convince the enemy that attacks may be coming any direction - and while they are distracted, a massive, overwhelming strike comes from an unexpected direction to paralyze the enemy command system and pick off the enemy.

On the ground, the Ireni rely on biological, chemical, and nuclear warfare to subjugate a populace until they surrender. The longer the take to surrender, the more cruel the occupation will be, until eventually the Ireni will quarentine a section of the planet for the soldiers to do with what they wish.
Military Strengths: Psychological Warfare, Subterfuge, Misdirection, Reaction Times
Military Weaknesses: Lack of Unity, Mental Instability, Poor Morale, Glory-hound Commanders
Economical Investment in Military: An entire class of the nation are warriors, however most of them belong to a privately funded clan. The federal military is quite small except during war-time. Ireni pirates, which the government "distances" themselves from, are also in abundance and rarely if ever attack the Ireni themselves, and instead usually bring in slaves from smaller nations.
Military Size: Small
Foreign Policy: Opportunistic Interventionism - they refuse to expand except during times of war, and ally not on ideological grounds but for mercenary reasons.
FTL Method: Each ship carries a drive which, for a brief moment, carries them through another dimension. Due to the alternate physical realities of this dimension, the ship is, by creating a "bubble" of realspace, transported instantaneously to the destination they seek. However, this requires at least a few hours of charge - to make the bubble strong enough to survive - and can only last so long (even though the "submersion" lasts seconds, every nanosecond counts) meaning there is a limit to how far one can jump.
Technology: The Ascendancy is highly reliant on technological imports - only the navy, which primarily uses kinetic and laser weaponry, uses primarily domestically produced technology. As a result, they use a ramshackle combination of other technologies, although biological grafting and engineering has proven extremely popular as of late with the warrior class, and many clans have been turning this technology on unwilling slaves to increase production and obedience.
Map Claim(s):
Region: Alpha
X-Axis: J to I
Y-Axis: K to L
Map Color: Purple
Last edited by Icthyia on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IDI AMIN FOR SECRETARY GENERAL

Greater Utrecht
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Utrecht » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Species Name: Skraa
Physical Description: Very humanlike but with elvish ears. They are taller than humans and have bluish to reddish spots across their backs. They also have brown to red furrish stripes that run along their cheeks and ribs.
Average Lifetime: They can live up to 120 but some can live to 150
Species Traits: They are telepathically linked to the rest of their kind and can see more colors than humans. They are able to develop Precognative Powers with the most powerful can see up to thousands of years into the future. However they only compromise less than 0.000010% of their population and almost all of them are hiding from various factions. Skraa Precogs can see fragmented events in the future when in deep meditation and many are susceptible to various mental illnesses and even fourth dimensional creatures that reside in a higher plane of existance. The Skraa are physically weaker than humans but are more resistant to Mental attacks. They are mentally much like humans.
Species Diet: The Skraa can eat many varieties of foods much like humans but are unable to digest dairy products.
Additional Information: They're based off of Fantasy Elves and the Eldar from 40k
Last edited by Greater Utrecht on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MODEDIT: Inappropriate/obscene sig content deleted.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:21 am

Icthyia wrote:Species Name: Ireni
Physical Description: A bipod, fungoid species, the Ireni developed as a militant prey species that relied on intelligence, tool-making, and extreme sensation to avoid the humongous predators of their home plant. Fast, agile, and smart, but suffering from short-lifespans, the Ireni culturally developed a war-like habit of glorification and pillage.

Tall and stocky, they are an intimidating presence, covered in black chitinous armor covering grey fungal skin, they oddly reproduce sexually - the after inseminating the mother, who then fertilizes fungal pods. Possessing two eyes on either side of circular head, they posses an extreme number of sensory nerves and appendages that stick out, both of which are extremely delicate and sensitive.

Because of their tendency to experience both extreme pain and extreme pleasure, the Ireni have a tendency to be irrational and pleasure-seeking. While capable of contemplative thought, they developed very slowly as patient, long-tasks only make sense to them when it as a pleasuring payoff. Due to their irrational ways, the rank-and-file are prone to self-mutilation and grafting.

Upon being discovered, they were found to be ill-suited for manual labor and many were put to the sword. They have, however, been extensively used as scouts, raiders, explorers, assassins, bodyguards, and repression-forces(to put down other slaves).
Average Lifetime: 50
Species Traits: They are extremely agile and ware of their surroundings - using smell, hearing, sight, vibration-feelers, taste, and other senses, they can detect movement and life very easily. They are extremely quick to respond, making them almost impossible to surprise but very easy to blind and disable. Due to their stature, they are also very stealthy, and used to clandestine operations.
Species Diet: Omnivorous, meat and plant matter.

Nation Name: The Irenian Ascendancy
National Leader(s): Archon Orlesla
Nation Capital: Cronine
Nation History: The Ireni, forced from their homeworld for more peaceful slaves to settle, were nearly killed off entirely until upper-level bureaucrats were convinced of their military, exploratory and civil applications. Due to their ability to detect and sense threats, could urveve on hostile planets for a long-time, that is, long for their life-spans. Additionally, they were capable soldiers. Ill-suited for heavy slog-fights, they nevertheless proved extremely effective in raids and terror-attacks. Whenever a slave world would prove too rebellious, they would sick the Ireni slave battalions on them and, as "reward" for their service, sanction an entire continent for the slaves to do what they wished for a month. Many slave rebellions were put down because of this, and a considerable amount of ill-will exists because of it.

As the Empire crumbled, the Ireni leadership immediately saw an opportunity and allied with Imperial secessionists and pirates, who provided them a fleet. Since the Ireni were the chief slave-quelling force in most of there outer territories, their defection to the rebellion caused civil wars and rebellions to explode in number - hurting the Empire but providing the Ireni with ample opportunity to rape and plunder. While other species focused on military and political objectives, the Ireni developed a reputation of attacking undefended and mostly civilian worlds - refusing to bombard the planet entirely in order to enact horrifying cruelties on the civilian populace. Trade ships that were not immediately allied with rebel forces were plundered, and the Ireni soon began taking slaves themselves.

As the war came to a close, the Ireni leadership finally began to carve out a solid territory and bring back slave populations to do the work they were ill-suited for. Many species, once hopeful of freedom from the civil war, became despondent when they were enslaved by their supposed liberators. Unable to split forces on a two-front war, the Ireni's allies were forced to tolerate their practices lest they risk losing the rebellion and facing extermination. Thus, the Ireni were free to essentially ignore the war goals and attack the most populated, most resource-rich and most vulnerable worlds, taking few casualties as they avoided the main Imperial fleets.

As the war came to a close, the Ireni began to liberate and actually free different military slave races and invite them into a sort of confederation. Defenses were shored up, as the leadership was aware that as soon as the war ended the allies might want to extend their crusade to their ally of convenience. By arranging a ring of worlds and starbases that would be extremely costly to attack, especially after the war, they were able to dissuade potential enemies and gain further allies by liberating the slave military races.

After 70 years of development, the Ireni have developed an oligarchic confederation, with each species holding a "value" in the hierarchy. The "masters", at the top of the scale, are ex-military slave races, including the Ireni, that were invited in as equals in return for allegiance. The "free" races are those who belong to a species that forms up a majority of another nation, and thus, while not enjoying the privileges of masters, are not discriminated against in order to prevent war. The "slaves", the most populous and desperate of the classes, are any species not in the masters or free category, and are worked to death cruelly, treated as property. Centuries of revolt crushing has taught the Ireni how to quarantine, exterminate, and bribe revolts.
Population: 50 billion Masters, 10 billion Free Citizens, 140 billion Slaves.

Government Type: Military Junta
Government Description: The Ascendancy is organized along military allegiances originating from the slave days, although they have changed and expanded since then. Each world is controlled by a clan, the exact governance of which may be oligarchic, autocratic, or even rare circumstances democratic (although always in an apartheid system). The federal government only manages the military, slave issues, and foreign affairs. Each clan must provide a tithe of taxes, soldiers, slaves, and industrial output to feed the military. The only nation-wide, mandated laws are the legal status of slavery, inability to tamper with the class system, and federal tithe requirements.

The federal government is controlled by a Junta of the clan leaders, who vote on key issues and run different bureaucracies. The chief leader, the Archon, is elected from and by the Junta, and his word, while constitutionally bound, is largely law in terms of federal matters.
Species: Ireni (many sub-species).
Cultural Information: The Ireni are extremely focused on pleasure and self-gratification. Drug use, prostitution, sex slavery, and blood sports are extremely common. This means most Ireni live ineffecient, decadent lives reliant on the produce of their slaves. Consequently, any Ireni not in the military tends to be completely subservient to those who are, be it clan or federal, and abused by them. Most of the raw production comes from slaves, and the high-trades come from Free Citizens or educated Ireni.
Society Information: The society is extremely hierarchical and dependent on social status which is determined first by class, then by species, then by occupation. Ireni military members are at the top of the list, with non-military Ireni below them, then sub-species military etc.

Economy strength: 40/100.
Primary Industry: Raw Resource production.
Currency name: The Coin
Economic Description: The economy is entirely dependent on slave labor. Raw materials are produced in abundance, and industrial production is fairly high. This makes for, on paper, a potent economy. However, the clan-system causes free trade barriers, bureaucratic infighting, and autarkic policies that make a unified economy difficult to exist. Nevertheless, in a time of real war, the clan leaders would be capable of of allying enough to dedicate resources to a united front, causing economic production to explode(and killing many of the slaves from over-exhaustion).
Military Doctrine: The military is highly reliant on precision strikes, shock and awe tactics, and misleading the enemy. A vast quantity of inferior, poor-quality ships are produces to convince the enemy that attacks may be coming any direction - and while they are distracted, a massive, overwhelming strike comes from an unexpected direction to paralyze the enemy command system and pick off the enemy.

On the ground, the Ireni rely on biological, chemical, and nuclear warfare to subjugate a populace until they surrender. The longer the take to surrender, the more cruel the occupation will be, until eventually the Ireni will quarentine a section of the planet for the soldiers to do with what they wish.
Military Strengths: Psychological Warfare, Subterfuge, Misdirection, Reaction Times
Military Weaknesses: Lack of Unity, Mental Instability, Poor Morale, Glory-hound Commanders
Economical Investment in Military: An entire class of the nation are warriors, however most of them belong to a privately funded clan. The federal military is quite small except during war-time. Ireni pirates, which the government "distances" themselves from, are also in abundance and rarely if ever attack the Ireni themselves, and instead usually bring in slaves from smaller nations.
Military Size: Small
Foreign Policy: Opportunistic Interventionism - they refuse to expand except during times of war, and ally not on ideological grounds but for mercenary reasons.
FTL Method: Each ship carries a drive which, for a brief moment, carries them through another dimension. Due to the alternate physical realities of this dimension, the ship is, by creating a "bubble" of realspace, transported instantaneously to the destination they seek.
Technology: The Ascendancy is highly reliant on technological imports - only the navy, which primarily uses kinetic and laser weaponry, uses primarily domestically produced technology. As a result, they use a ramshackle combination of other technologies, although biological grafting and engineering has proven extremely popular as of late with the warrior class, and many clans have been turning this technology on unwilling slaves to increase production and obedience.
Map Claim(s):
Region: Alpha
X-Axis: J to I
Y-Axis: K to L
Map Color: Purple

> Fungoid aliens
> Not trying to befriend everyone
Signatures are so 2014.

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:21 am

Utceforp wrote:> Fungoid aliens
> Not trying to befriend everyone

Yay Stellaris fan!!!!
Last edited by Ben M on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse