NATION

PASSWORD

Camp Half-Blood: A Camp for Demigods (OOC/RP/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:21 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:I did indeedy, IJ.

No offense intended, but I don't think Vaquas understands P2TM character RPs, just judging by the RP Example.

It's not like people from II or NS don't sometimes want P2TM RPs. I'm reading the app now, and he'll be judged based on what he shows. If I need to, I'll search his history. Don't worry about it. ;)
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Vaquas wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I did indeedy, IJ.

No offense intended, but I don't think Vaquas understands P2TM character RPs, just judging by the RP Example.

I apologize if I did something wrong, typically the Roleplays I participate in are less character based, and thats the one I typically use for all Applications. Its very generic I know, Its just the one I have on hand.
I've participated in the Washington DC Roleplays and am looking to get into more character-centric experiences. I'm always happy to learn.

I think Gametopians was more so referring to your roleplay writing style. You're using asterisks and the like, and this roleplay is more of an intermediate and above style of writing. You are more than free to revamp your application, but try to write it more like a novel or a short story.
The Prime Hegemony of Kelvaros Prime
Factbook [WIP] | Class H7

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 pm

The amount of times this has happened to poor Alice... XD

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Kelvaros Prime wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
I apologize if I did something wrong, typically the Roleplays I participate in are less character based, and thats the one I typically use for all Applications. Its very generic I know, Its just the one I have on hand.
I've participated in the Washington DC Roleplays and am looking to get into more character-centric experiences. I'm always happy to learn.

I think Gametopians was more so referring to your roleplay writing style. You're using asterisks and the like, and this roleplay is more of an intermediate and above style of writing. You are more than free to revamp your application, but try to write it more like a novel or a short story.

Let me find a better example, I apologize sincerely.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kelvaros Prime wrote:I think Gametopians was more so referring to your roleplay writing style. You're using asterisks and the like, and this roleplay is more of an intermediate and above style of writing. You are more than free to revamp your application, but try to write it more like a novel or a short story.

Let me find a better example, I apologize sincerely.

No worries, my friend! Just trying to be as helpful as I can. If you need a hand in bettering your writing skills, I'd be more than happy to assist!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Kelvaros Prime wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

This is indeedy what I was referring to. I meant the way in which you described the character's actions - that is, typically in P2TM we describe character action like a novel might, rather than with stuff like asterisks.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:29 pm

I will think of something for my charcters to do, and will psot later, I am off for now.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:31 pm

@Arcadia, it is not dusk yet. It's about midday with many people running about. If you don't want to do anything till dusk, that's fine, but just be aware that we're not at that time yet.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Grande Republic of Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:@Arcadia, it is not dusk yet. It's about midday with many people running about. If you don't want to do anything till dusk, that's fine, but just be aware that we're not at that time yet.

oh okay letm e edit my post
GRA overview
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636136
GRA military
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636075
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
American Conservative, leaning towards Fascism
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~General Patton
All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
~Benito Mussolini

Scroobland
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Scroobland » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:34 pm

AYYYYY ANOTHER THANATOS GUY

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:36 pm

My character will be an ass to most Romans except sons of Mars or the big 3 if there are any
GRA overview
GRA military
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~General Patton
~Benito Mussolini

Sunken Island of Rhinomuraena
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunken Island of Rhinomuraena » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:41 pm

Name:Sersan Fields
Demigod or Descendant, or both?:Both
If Demigod, who's their godly parent?:Anginia
If Descendant, who are they a descendant of?: Great-grandmother was a daughter of Mercury.
Roman Rank: Legionnaire
Cohort number:3
Powers:
Serpent's Call:Exerts a level of control over nearby snakes, strength depends on amount of snakes and how magical they are. (Nonmagical are easier.)
Serpent's blood:Her blood acts as a antivenom against all nonmagical snakebites.
Appearance:Deep green eyes, and ruler-straight fiery red hair. Small and thin, oddly snakelike. She has an extremely small nose, and a thin, almost gaunt face. She has two snakebite scars on her cheek and two on each of her hands, both pretty recent. Usually she has a snake concealed on her person somewhere, as a sort of backup weapon.
Personality:Distrustful and usually quiet, and though she cannot stand the sight of crying, she has no real idea how to help anyone with emotional burden. Comes across as cold and mean because of this.
Biography:Growing up in a family beyond the walls of New Rome, Sersan was never told about her heritage, even though the risk of a monster coming after her was miniscule. Her dad at the very least knew how to contact New Rome, if he didn't want to live there. This, in the end, caused more pain than it should have. Sersan managed to stumble across a small hydra. Blinded somewhat by the mist, she thought that it was another prank, someone taking some big rat snakes and tying them together. She was confused when she could find no tie, and even more startled when she realized just how big the supposed rat snakes were.
Her father found her unconscious, lying on the ground, the hydra being enough of a serpent for her to stop it from outright killing her. He rushed her to the camp, where healers managed to remove her burns enough so that they wouldn't leave a mark, but the experience changed her. She was distrustful of adults, and the seeming betrayal that her father caused. Eventually he decided to let her stay in New Rome. Sersan says the bare minimum she has to, following orders, but never going above and beyond her duty.
Other:
RP Example: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p28492333
Did you read the rules?To my knowledge, yeah...
Nweh.
I'm debatably alive.
Don't do anxiety, existential depression, or not eating. Basically don't be me.
Welp.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:43 pm

A short post, but I figured the other centurion deserved a reply before I started interacting with Chiron.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:49 pm

I've ammended my Roleplay Example and provided a freshly written one. I believe I'm on the correct track.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Vaquas wrote:I've ammended my Roleplay Example and provided a freshly written one. I believe I'm on the correct track.

That example is immensely better! Nicely done!

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Kelvaros Prime wrote:
Vaquas wrote:I've ammended my Roleplay Example and provided a freshly written one. I believe I'm on the correct track.

That example is immensely better! Nicely done!

I appreciate it.
I've simply come to realize that my sample was outdated, and I'm glad I did.
This seems like it'll be alot of fun.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:13 pm

This RP is going to be interesting
Last edited by Grande Republic of Arcadia on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRA overview
GRA military
~General Patton
~Benito Mussolini

Platypus Reborn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Reborn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Are there any Greeks that need someone to interact with them?
The Quackers are coming...

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Platypus Reborn wrote:Are there any Greeks that need someone to interact with them?

Alice could use a hand.

Or a pair of eyes.

Grand Nicholia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Nicholia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:
Grand Nicholia wrote:Your character is an Aphrodite kid, right? If so, I apologize dearly for defecating on the Aphrodite kids in my post. Actually, nope. #sorrynotsorry.

I read your post. It was hardly insulting.

Great! *Checks off list of possible insults to other people/character in a story I need to correct*
Nam et Deum et Regem

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Logging off for the night. Telegram me if you've any questions, or if you're wanting to interact with my character: Mordecai, Son of Hermes!

Grand Nicholia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Nicholia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:21 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:wut

People say they'll interact with me but then they either delete their post (cough) or just don't post.

I'm on the same level of desperate as you, so wanna interact?
Nam et Deum et Regem

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 pm

Wow, I got two more siblings.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Charl, is Alice inside the cabin?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Platypus Reborn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Reborn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Charlia wrote:
Platypus Reborn wrote:Are there any Greeks that need someone to interact with them?

Alice could use a hand.

Or a pair of eyes.

Alright, I'll put up a post in a minute.
The Quackers are coming...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse