NATION

PASSWORD

Camp Half-Blood: A Camp for Demigods (OOC/RP/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Camp Half-Blood: A Camp for Demigods (OOC/RP/Open)

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Welcome to Camp Half-Blood: Keeping Young Heroes Safe from Harm (Mostly) For Over Three Millennia! Camp Half-Blood is located in Montauk, Long Island, New York, and is hidden from mortal eyes by this thing we demigods call the Mist. The Mist is something that keeps mortals from seeing things they're not supposed to, like magical weapons, gods and goddesses, and minotaurs wielding deadly battle axes. Instead of any of the things listed above, the mortals would see things differently. For example; they would see a golf club instead of a magical sword, or possibly they'd see a poodle instead of a giant hellhound. Some can manipulate the mist to their advantage, but it takes a bit of practice.

Now, let's move on to the topic of Camp Half-Blood itself. Camp Half-Blood is a safe haven for Greek demigods. What's a demigod, you might be wondering? Well a demigod is a son or daughter of a god or goddess. Yep, these kids have divine blood in them. Of course, not everything is all rainbows and unicorns (which do exist) for the demigods. You see, once they become a certain age, they become rather noticeable to the monsters around them, and they are hunted down and attacked by the monsters. Camp Half-Blood is where demigods go to learn how to fight monsters and stay safe from them. Some campers only stay during the summer, while some stay all year. At the end of the year everyone gets a bead which represents an important event that happened that year, and that bead is put on a necklace.

Most demigods come here when a Satyr finds them and brings them to camp, informing them about their godly parent along the way, but sometimes there are more extravagant ways to get a demigod to camp, sometimes involving extraction teams, if the demigod is important enough, but most just arrive with a satyr. Demigods are claimed by their godly parents by the time they are thirteen, as stated by a deal Percy Jackson made with Zeus many years ago. Until a demigod is claimed, they end up in the cabin for Hermes. Claiming is basically just a symbol of the parent deity appearing above the demigod's head, but sometimes it can be something special depending on the parent god or goddess, as a daughter of Aphrodite may be put into a frilly dress or have makeup magically put on them, but usually it's not so extravagant.

Demigods are divided into cabins, and these cabins are for the offspring of specific gods. There is a cabin for all twelve Olympians, and there are also cabins for people such as Hypnos, Hecate, Nemesis, Tyche, Iris, Hebe, and Nike. If you are the offspring of a god or goddess that does not have a cabin, you'll be sent to the Hermes' Cabin until a Cabin is produced for people similar to you. These cabins are usually designed in a certain theme depending on the god they're representing. For example, the Demeter or Persephone cabin may have flowers around it and other types of plants. Oh, and be careful around the Ares' Cabin; there have been reports of live landmines around the cabin. We don't know for certain, but you might want to be careful.

There are two cabins that are special, by the way. One of them is the Hera Cabin. Hera doesn't go around having offsprings with mortals; the babymaking is Zeus' job, but the cabin is more for show than anything else; an honorary cabin. The other special cabin is the Artemis cabin. Now, Artemis is a virgin goddess, and therefore will not have kids, instead, the hunters of Artemis sometimes stop by to visit. When they do, they stay in the Artemis Cabin. The two other virgin goddesses; Hestia and Athena, are also interesting cases. Well, Athena is, at least. Hestia doesn't have kids, but Athena does. It involves some odd mind thing that's hard to explain, and it's best not to look into it.

There are multiple events that happen in Camp, by the way. Every Friday there is a game of capture the flag, where you can use actual weapons, which is cool, and then there's the campfire every night, where you sing campfire songs and whatnot. You can also ride Pegasi, train for combat, and climb a climbing wall that has lava oozing down it. Anyways, I think you can figure out what you want to do at camp later on.

Oh, and before I forget, ever since the adventures of Percy Jackson and his group, Camp Half-Blood has made peace with their Roman counterpart, Camp Jupiter. Because of this there's been many multiple people moving to other camps to stay there for a while. While Romans don't often stay at Camp Half-Blood, there have been a few of them that have travelled from Camp Jupiter to visit Camp Half-Blood. You can apply to be a Roman demigod.

Anyways, now that the introductions and explanations are out of the way, let's begin with a few rules.

Rule 1: Be nice to people; no trolling or insulting people
Rule 2: Be creative without your characters, no Mary Sues or Gary Sues
Rule 3: keep it PG-13. No sexual content; swearing is allowed, just don't do it every five seconds.
Rule 4: No children of Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades. If you want to make them you'll have to give me a pretty good reason as to why they exist.
Rule 5: No godmodding or killing other people's characters without permission
Rule 6: No overpowered characters. Demigods have powers and special abilities, yes, but don't make them super powerful.
Rule 7: I am OP, my word is law, and the same with any Co-Ops I happen to bring along.
Rule 8: Be realistic with what happens. I know this is more fantasy than real life, but try to keep it as realistic as possible
Rule 9: I'd prefer no mentions of characters such as Percy Jackson or Annabeth Chase.
Rule 10: Be detailed with your posts and applications. I'm not looking for perfect writing, but please be somewhat detailed. Also, be correct with your grammar.

Now here's your applications. There're a few different types of applications here, so I'm just going to walk you through them.

Greeks: The most common demigod at Camp Half-Blood, Greeks are rather basic. Being sons or daughters of Greek gods or goddesses, they come with their own special powers and whatnot. There's not much to say here, really.

Code: Select all
Name:
Godly parent:
Powers: (This can range from manipulating flowers and plants to simple, physical fitness. Some powers are passive, others are not)
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography: (Please have it be at least one or two paragraphs)
Other:
RP example: (Ignore if you've already given one)
Did you read the rules?:

Romans: Roman demigods are an interesting bunch. For one, the Roman Camp Jupiter doesn't only allow demigods, but they allow descendants as well. These descendants are descendants of other demigods, and because of this they usually get a watered down version of the powers their ancestor had. So a demigod of Apollo would have watered down powers of healing or the sun. Demigods can also be descendants, and because of this they have two different sets of powers, so a demigod of Mars and an descendant of Apollo would be good at fighting but may also be good with combat medicine. Romans at Camp Jupiter have ranks, and when you first join the camp you are a Probatio, the lowest rank, but once you prove yourself through an act of bravery or heroism, be in camp for a year, or be claimed by your divine parent, you become an official member of the legion. There's also different cohorts for the legion, and the first is usually the most prestigious, but the fifth and final one has the not-so-good or skilled people in camp. There's also centurions for these cohorts as well. You're put into these cohorts depending on the recommendation letters your family gives the camp, or if a centurion personally recommends you, and if you come to camp without one, you'll probably be in the fifth cohort. The leaders of the camp are the two Praetors, one is a male, the other a female.

Name:
Demigod or Descendant, or both?:
If Demigod, who's their godly parent?:
If Descendant, who are they a descendant of?:
Roman Rank: (most common is just a basic legionnaire)
Cohort number:
Powers:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Other:
RP Example: (Ignore if you've already given an example)
Did you read the rules?

Hunters of Artemis: The Hunters of Artemis are a special group. They serve Artemis, of course, and they are girls that have sworn to become a maiden for the rest of their lives to hunt with Artemis, goddess of the moon. The hunters are not allowed to date other boys, and most of them dislike boys in general. If a Hunter were to break her promise and date a boy, then she would be kicked from the Hunters of Artemis. These Hunters can be human, demigod, or nymph. The hunters do become immortal when they join the Hunters of Artemis, so there's a plus.

Name:
Age: (How old do they look, and exactly how old are they?)
Human, Demigod, or Nymph?:
If Demigod, who's her divine parent?:
Powers: (Most if not all will be skilled in hunting and camping, unless they're newly recruited hunters)
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Other:
RP Example: (Ignore if you've already given an example)
Did you read the rules?:

Norse Demigod: Okay, so, there's not much to say here. The Norse Demigods are often hunted down by Jotuns, ice giants and the like. They can be easily confused for Greek demigods, and that's exactly why they're at camp now. They aren't too special than their Greek counterparts, but one special thing is if they die with a weapon in their hand they get to Valhalla, but the ones that accidentally end up at Camp Half-Blood are not dead.
Name:
Godly Parent:
Powers:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Bio:
Other:
RP Example: (Ignore this if you already gave an example)
Did you read the rules?:

And that is all. Have some fun out there, you guys. Also, note, for now this is just a casual thread, but eventually there might be a quest for the characters. If you think you have an idea, please telegram me about it. Feel free to suggest how to improve the OP as well. I'd appreciate the advice.
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Tag Hype
:D

I'll be your co-OP, if you'll let me.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Eridanus 3
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Tag

Last edited by John Shepard Tuesday, December 7, 2185, edited 2 times

This message brought to you by Eri.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Ufufufu.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:34 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Tag Hype
:D

I'll be your co-OP, if you'll let me.

Having a Co-OP like you would probably help, so sure. I trust you well enough.
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Can my char be a child of Portunes? :)
Last edited by Shyluz on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Shyluz wrote:Can my char be a child of Portunes? :)

Of course. They can be the offspring of any god or goddess as long as it's not the main three, which is Zeus/Jupiter, Poseidon/Neptune, and Hades/Pluto.
Just call me Sahara

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:43 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Can my char be a child of Portunes? :)

Of course. They can be the offspring of any god or goddess as long as it's not the main three, which is Zeus/Jupiter, Poseidon/Neptune, and Hades/Pluto.

Alright--I thought maybe he was too minor. Or something. :p

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Shyluz wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Of course. They can be the offspring of any god or goddess as long as it's not the main three, which is Zeus/Jupiter, Poseidon/Neptune, and Hades/Pluto.

Nah, I accept any minor deities.
Just call me Sahara

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Shyluz wrote:

Nah, I accept any minor deities.

Good to know.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Name: Aldus Fitz
Demigod or Descendant, or both?: Demigod
If Demigod, who's their godly parent?: Portunes
If Descendant, who are they a descendant of?: Null & Void
Roman Rank: Immune
Cohort Number: Three
Powers: When touching a door, can see a five second flashback of the last person who entered. Can also sense the lock, allowing for the crafting of the key. Has a gift from his father, the "Skeleton Key," upon touching a door, he can use the key on it. Basically, you'll never need a lockpick again. Has exceptional keymaking ability, and a photographic memory of keys and locks and can easily visualize the mechanisms inherent in both.
Personality: Listless, softspoken, bored, depressed, often in a book or sketching a lock or key that he wants to make.
Appearance:

Biography: Aldus was born into a poor family, and lived an even poorer life. His mother was an English teacher in Manhattan, and though they were poorer than dirt, they were happy. Aldus quickly got into his father's craft--keymaking, that is--and made good money selling the keys to passerby. Of course, his life was not without tragedy. His mother, by some cruel twist of fate, was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Later that winter, she perished. For several months, Aldus lived his quiet life, hiding this from the school and living off his earnings at the local hardware store, where he'd been hired for his skill.

After nearly a year of that, a man showed up at his door. A very suspicious man, with a thick Irish accent and a very peculiar sense of humor. He introduced himself as "Portunes, the god of keys and doors, and, by extension, locks. Your father, to be even more precise." Of course, Aldus didn't believe this sketchy old timer. He had been told his father was "Patrick Fitz, a keymaker from Ireland." Oh. Wait a hot second. The old man sighed heavily, and opened his coat. Inside, there were millions upon millions of keys, each different, but each important. Aldus denied this. The old man couldn't be a Roman god, could he? He could indeed.
Other: Null & Void
RP Example: I know you.
Did you read the rules? Yup.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Shyluz wrote:Name: Aldus Fitz
Powers: When touching a door, can see a five second flashback of the last person who entered. Can also sense the lock, allowing for the crafting of the key. Has a gift from his father, the "Skeleton Key," upon touching a door, he can use the key on it. Basically, you'll never need a lockpick again. Has exceptional keymaking ability, and a photographic memory of keys and locks and can easily visualize the mechanisms inherent in both.
Personality: Listless, softspoken, bored, depressed, often in a book or sketching a lock or key that he wants to make.
Appearance:

Biography: Aldus was born into a poor family, and lived an even poorer life. His mother was an English teacher in Manhattan, and though they were poorer than dirt, they were happy. Aldus quickly got into his father's craft--keymaking, that is--and made good money selling the keys to passerby. Of course, his life was not without tragedy. His mother, by some cruel twist of fate, was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Later that winter, she perished. For several months, Aldus lived his quiet life, hiding this from the school and living off his earnings at the local hardware store, where he'd been hired for his skill.

After nearly a year of that, a man showed up at his door. A very suspicious man, with a thick Irish accent and a very peculiar sense of humor. He introduced himself as "Portunes, the god of keys and doors, and, by extension, locks. Your father, to be even more precise." Of course, Aldus didn't believe this sketchy old timer. He had been told his father was "Patrick Fitz, a keymaker from Ireland." Oh. Wait a hot second. The old man sighed heavily, and opened his coat. Inside, there were millions upon millions of keys, each different, but each important. Aldus denied this. The old man couldn't be a Roman god, could he? He could indeed.

Okay, so, did he end up in Camp Jupiter after meeting his father, then? I just want to clear that up, but other than that, I'm sure it can be accepted. There's never really been Immunes in the book series, but It's not a big stretch, so I can see it happening.
Just call me Sahara

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:25 pm

I won't be mad if this is denied, but can I be a god?
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Shyluz wrote:Name: Aldus Fitz
Appearance:

Okay, so, did he end up in Camp Jupiter after meeting his father, then? I just want to clear that up, but other than that, I'm sure it can be accepted. There's never really been Immunes in the book series, but It's not a big stretch, so I can see it happening.

Well, yeah. I assumed that was implied, but *shrug*

The Flame Dawn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flame Dawn » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Tagging =w=
Rest In Peace : Kumigawa
Krytonus wrote:"Oh, Honey Boo-Boo is a disease," he laughed.

New Strausberg wrote:
Prumia wrote:This is a horrible place to live! The mortals are doomed!

Not on my watch your anal virgitnty is safe with me!
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
You are a: Socialist Humanist Liberal
Collectivism score: 67%
Authoritarianism score: 0%
Internationalism score: 0%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 33%

Hey everyone, we're looking for people who want to join Winterfell! A fun Anime, Game of Thrones, and Roleplay region.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Shyluz wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Okay, so, did he end up in Camp Jupiter after meeting his father, then? I just want to clear that up, but other than that, I'm sure it can be accepted. There's never really been Immunes in the book series, but It's not a big stretch, so I can see it happening.

Yeah, it was, but I'm just making sure. Anyways, accepted.
Just call me Sahara

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Shyluz wrote:

Yeah, it was, but I'm just making sure. Anyways, accepted.

Cheers. :)

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:47 pm

I kinda want to create a trap son of Aphrodite
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Name: Edward Merle
Godly parent: Chione
Powers: Increased cold resistance and can manipulate water to make it freeze.
Appearance:

Personality: Edward is a rather calm individual who never seems to loose his cool. It takes a lot to tick him off and he doesn't get that angry. He isn't necessarily a friendly person, but he isn't rude either. He is more or less neutral, and doesn't really care about making many friends. He likes anything cold, except for people with a cold personality. He likes to take a look at the finer details in life, and would enjoy looking at things like paintings or listening to music. He can be seen as sort of a pampered boy, but even if he has gotten the things he wanted in life, he tries not to be selfish or envious. Despite this, he is used to being given what he wants, and might have a few problems if he doesn't receive what he wants.
Biography: Edward's father, a man named Cesar, lived in northern Quebec, and he met Chione when he was out at a club, the goddess obviously taking a different name. The goddess of snow had caught the attention of the young man, and it wasn't long until the two had become intimate, both of them under the influence of at least some alcohol. When Cesar woke up the next day, Chione was gone and he couldn't find her anywhere. He thought nothing of it, though, as he saw the goddess as nothing more than a one night stand. It wasn't until about nine months later did young Edward appear at his doorstep in a cradle, with a note on the cradle that explained where the baby came from, and how Cesar had to take care of him. Now, Cesar didn't want to do it, but something in him convinced him to take care of the baby, so, he took him in as his own, and he wasn't sure if he regrets it now or not.

Ever since he adopted Edward as his own, Cesar's life had change. He couldn't go out to clubs as often and he had to drop the kid off at a daycare before he could go to work; a routine that he only got used to once Edward was about two. Cesar wasn't the best father, but he at least tried to take care of Edward. Some nights were stressful, and he had half a mind to drop the baby off at the orphanage, but he always decided against it. As Edward got older, Cesar began buying him different things and new toys, hoping that would make the boy happy, and it usually did. Whatever Edward wanted, he usually got, and nothing ever seemed to bother the boy that much. He made friends and school and got decent grades; good enough to get through classes, though with his attention deficit disorder, he found it hard to study some things. He had made a good friend in a kid named Henry, who didn't seem like a normal kid, but that might have been one of the things that attracted Edward to the boy in the first place.

School went along well enough for Edward, like stated before, but then things started to turn...odd. When he was thirteen, he started seeing strange things at his school, like big dogs and other odd things happening at the school, and while others didn't seem to mind, his friend Henry had noticed them as well. Eventually, after a rather large dog had been seen running through the school playground, Henry had taken Edward out of school and was walking off towards the south. Edward asked his why exactly they were leaving school, and Henry started ranting about crazy things such as monsters and demigods and...his mother? He never knew his mother, and whenever he asked his father about it, he dodged the question. According to Henry, they were going off to camp for people like him. People like him? What on earth did that mean? Of course, Edward complained that he needed to go talk to his father about this, but Henry had said he already discussed it with him. Discussed what? Edward continued to ask questions, but Henry, after a while, just said there was no time to explain.

The journey lasted a long while, and it involved them taking many different types of transports, such as buses, taxis, and odd people that were driving chariots. All the while Edward continued to ask questions, and eventually they had ended up at Camp Half-Blood, where Edward has so far stayed for two years. It was hard to adjust, though; the warm weather and the American culture was quite a bit to handle, considering the kid is from Quebec, where it can get pretty cold. Eventually, though, he had adjusted. ...then he goes off to visit his father during the summer and gets used to the cold weather, before going back to camp and getting used to the warm climate once more. Anyways, he's stayed at camp for about two years, and since then he has been claimed by his mother, and has gotten used to his abilities over the cold, but they're still weak and he needs to train them.
Other: He is fluent and French and struggles in English, only really getting the basic concept of the language, but he's trying to get some of the Athena kids to teach him.
RP example: Pfft. I made this RP
Did you read the rules?: I made them
Just call me Sahara

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Mirakai wrote:I kinda want to create a trap son of Aphrodite

Well, you can certainly do that.
Just call me Sahara

Slasemmig
Civilian

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Slasemmig » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:51 pm

ooh, tag!

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Danke

Either that, or a playful, fun loving daughter of Hephaestus
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:04 pm

IDK who I'll be yet. Going to try and not be the child of a war god.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:11 pm

I can't help but think that the distinction between Greek and Roman is a bit silly, since they're more or less the same gods with different names, and the occasional difference like Vesta/Hestia being depicted as a fire in the Roman variant, as a remnant of early Roman animistic beliefs, unlike the Greek tendency to give a human face to their gods. :p
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Videssos wrote:I can't help but think that the distinction between Greek and Roman is a bit silly, since they're more or less the same gods with different names, and the occasional difference like Vesta/Hestia being depicted as a fire in the Roman variant, as a remnant of early Roman animistic beliefs, unlike the Greek tendency to give a human face to their gods. :p

Eh, it is a bit ridiculous, but the Romans were also more disciplined than the Greeks, and their gods were more warlike, I suppose.

I'm just going off the book here.
Just call me Sahara

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse