NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice 4 (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu May 05, 2016 11:00 am

Dark Knight 8

Dark Knight walked down the Cold, Desolate, and empty Hallway, the flickering lights and dank demeanor of the place hardly shook the Vigilante. Dark Knight walked down, using the lenses in his helmet to scan the wall, nothing, no wires, no hacking emplacements. The Architect must've ben in tehe control room to be controlling this. Dark Knight's attention was caught, when a speaker on the wall crackled to life ["Now that we're alone....."]. "You need to stop this", The architect cackled through the speaker ["Oh Dark Knight, always with the Vigilance, even after 10 years of my Torment, My strife, MY EVIL. You still think saying 'Stop' will make me quit"]. Dark Knight simply stared at the Speaker, a small camera on the stop showing Architect was looking at him, ["But that's what I like about you, yah know. You Beat, You Pummel, And you Fight. And even when I've killed, I've caused Anarchy and CHAOS, you still attempt to reign me in with your controlling Order"].

"One of these days you're not going to be able to continue the cycl-",
["And we both know what happens when you tried to drag another pawn into this crazy little chess game of ours. 'Lawbringer', remember? Pretty Girl"],
Dark Knight simply remained silent,
["Oh did I hit a Nerve, do you need to take a nap and go Knight Knight. Or is it simply because, even after 15 years, after most of your Sanity, your Vigilance has cracked, you still try to remain the tough guy by holding it all back"]
"I'm going to find you",
The Architect snickered "Not when you're too busy grieving over the past".

Before Dark Knight could react, the lead pipes above quickly burst, releasing a sort of gas into the room. Dark Knight coughed, leaning against a wall, he quickly took out a rebreather and used a dispensery suction tube sucking up the gas. As the strange gas was sucked up by the tube, and contained, Dark Knight coughed, "What.....Did you Do?", ["Took a few notes from a guy in Gotham, but instead of making you scared. This forces your mind ti remember memories. Painful ones. Have Fun!"]. As The Architect chimed out, Dark Knight quickly stood up, continuing down the hallway. 'Keep focused, Got to find that room'. As Dark Knight continued down, he was suddenly stunned when the room around him faded to pitch black. Dark Knight looked around, the Vigilante caught off guard, he quickly readied his Gauntlet Knightdart launcher. As he heard a noise behind him, he turned and aimed his Knightdart launcher, to see someone he thought he'd never see.

"C-Cassandra?"

For the first time in a Decade, Dark Knight's voice broke a bit, seeing his long dead protege' standing there. "It wasn't that bad!" she yelled, as she walked forward she phased through Dark Knight, catching him offguard as he turned. Dark Knight turned around, to find himself standing in The Knight's Domain, Cassandra walking over to a Much younger version of himself. "You need to work on your form, you're good, but still sloppy", "Well maybe, if someone wasn't developing his new armor, we'd get to it", "Young lady, is that back talk?" Marcus said in a half joking tone. "Why of course, my Dear Dad-", she then stopped, "What?-". "Marcus, I Meant Marcus!". The room faded out, as Dark Knight found himself standing in the same hallway, he mentally punched himself for that day. He was always stubborn, Trying to become the Knight the city needed, and what did it get him? Cassandra Dead, His Father Dead, all just to take down the chicago crime network 15 years later.

Dark Knight continued to walk down that hall, He tried to keep his mind focused, he needed to find the room. ["Feeling a little Blue Knighty? Don't worry, there's about 16 hours more of that in the Toxin Gas"]. Dark Knight tried to block out the droning, and Devilish voice of The Architect as he continued. Then, just as quick as it happened before, Dark Knight was forced to buckle when the Gas sent a shock of searing pain in his head and spine. As Dark Knight was forced down to one knee, he quickly was able to breath, and the pain wore off. As he looked up, he saw the training area of the Domain, with his Protege' Cassandra and him sparing. "Tighten your form" he said as she threw a few punches, "Keep the speed up, Come on!" he said, as she began to throw a few kicks into the mix along with her attacks. "And break", he said with Cassandra rolling back and standing up, "So? Score?", "Good enough", "Oh you just don't know how to play around do you?". "I will say you've gotten better Cassandra", "Couldn't have done it without you Marc".

Dark Knight stood up, bracing himself against the wall, he stood up, tired of seeing ghosts of his past. ["ooo, tired yet Dark Vader? Well, sad as you don't realize there's more where that came from"]. As the speakers cut off once again, Dark Knight forced himself to his feet, he quickly headed towards the door at th end of the hall. ["They're about Lawbringer aren't they?"], Dark Knight remained silent, ["This is just too CLASSIC, Gruff Hero having night terrors about the person they couldn't save'}, Dark Knight continued to head towards the door, ["Do you know what the sounds of her screams were like? when I decided to wack on her with that Crowbar, it was crisp, clean, beautifu-"].

"SHUT THE HELL UP"

Dark Knight shouted, the bloodcurdling yell from the Vigilante, as he kicked open the large metal doors, slamming against the walls of the room. Dark Knight took a deep breath, he looked around, back down the hall at the speaker, silence. Dark Knight quickly walked over to the shelving unit, quickly grabbing the Vials of chemicals, the components, anything that they could use to create Stahl's weapons. As Dark Knight reached for a Box, it began to drip blood, Dark Knight was confused. as he grabbed the metal box with both hands, he opened the lid, to see the head of his Protege inside, not a day old. "...Cassandra?" Dark Knight asked, drenched in confusion, guilt, and a feeling he hadn't long felt before. Her head then opened her eyes, "Why?', Dark Knight wasn't able to respond before she said "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME!" as Cassandra screamed, causing Dark Knight to drop his box, a large flash of pain hit him. Dark Knight stumbled left, gripping his head as the unbelievable pain hit him. Dark Knight looked around as it left, he looked to the box, empty with no sign of anything in it. He looked around, heading to the door he quickly left the roo taking one glance back before leaving.

A Few Minutes Later....

Dark Knight and Titannia reconvened in the middle room, nearing the barred door separating them, the architect reappeared on the speakers. ["Yooooou've DONE IT, good Job, Now I'd better get going. Oh and Knight, Good Luck"]. The barred door was raised, Titannia peered at Dark Knight as he quickly headed to the elevator, "Marcus, are you alright?", Dark Knight remained silent. "Marcu-" "I'm fine, we need to get back to the Domain and.....work on the next step" Dark Knight said, his voice strained as he entered the elevator with Titannia. She quickly pressed the button and the two were elevated up.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu May 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Illica Falki wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:"Oli—Vira. I'm Vira. Totally a superhero name. Yep. Not my name. At all." Olivia stammered, avoiding revealing her real name. Virus mentally berated her, to which she shook her head and moaned. "Shut up! I didn't say that!" Olivia replied, looking away to the right whilst talking to Virus before realizing that Nightwave was still there. "Uh yeah. So these big creepy things. You know anything about 'em?" As one of the creatures came up behind the two girls, trying to surprise them, Olivia noticed just in time to dodge out of the path of its punch. Using her acrobatic prowess, she grabbed onto the arm and swung around onto the monster's back. With a quick THWIP, she covered his face in what could only be described as webbing, flipped off his shoulders, and threw him back from where he came.

"All I know is that they trashed my apartment. And my building. And my block. So... all I've got left is venting on them for losing everything I ever owned for myself. No biggie." Her face still stoically scary as she looked back at Nightwave. "What about you? Lose any good homes lately?"

Eva almost let out a sarcastic response about her being 'new to the fake name', but decided against it. It confused her at first to hear Vira talk to herself, and she wasn't able to answer her question before the parademon attacked. "No, I Don't know who these are, and luckily I haven't lost a home, yet..." She turned, just in time to see the other person who tried to talk to them fly off. Sighing in slight disappointment, she turned back to Vira, "Looks like someone doesn't have much patience," She says with a smirk. She turns and takes a look at the area around them, and taking a glance at the direction the other person flew off too. "I surprised these things did as much damage as they did... They weren't exactly the biggest threat here..." she says shaking her head slightly in surprise.

"So that means you have somewhere to sleep tonight?" Olivia lept at this chance to not have to find some random park bench to sleep. "Do you think I could crash with you, at least until they get my apartment fixed up? I'll take the suit off, I swear. And I'm normal underneath." Proving her point, Olivia retracted Virus from around her right hand and waved it about. Around the same time, the creepy creatures had disappeared from the surrounding area. All was quiet... save for the sounds of burning wreckage, collapsing buildings, and panicked civilians.

"Seriously though. Please? I'd rather not sleep on a park bench; if there are any left, that is."
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu May 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Charmera wrote:"DING DONG"

After Ruby had been standing at the door for a few minutes, a tall young man entered the Vincent family estate through the front gate. He didn't drive, he didn't bike, all he had was a backpack slung over his back and the clothes hung over his lithe frame. This young man was Sage Kelly, a student friend of the Vincent girls, and a notorious troublemaker well-mannered fellow. "Damn, this sure is a big place..." Sage mumbled as he hiked the driveway. While he was here at Opal's request, Sage's reason for being here was to make some quick cash off of pawning their dad's expensive junk. As all rich people have, of course. He heard it was going to be a pretty big party, it'd be easy enough to get some stock and slip out. Imagine Sage's surprise when he approached the door, he couldn't hear any partying inside, and only saw three girls at the entrance. Honestly, it was almost as weird as the strange voice that had been in his head for the past day-and-a-half, urging him to follow his fiendish plots.

"Hey, uh, I thought there was going to be a party?" Sage said, waving to the three girls from behind Ruby. His face carried no devilish grin, nor beady eyes. He looked decidedly normal, at least from the outside. But Sage was already looking inside, under the pretense of looking for the party, and eyeing trinkets in the hallway...
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu May 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Aqua's ice cream

"Oh. Thanks sis..." Opal responded as she took the ice cream meant for her, eating it with a spoon that had not been there before. She didn't even notice she had done it. "Chocolate... nice."

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Weird Stuff

Ruby looked at the two sisters a little strangely, especially Opal who looked really dazed and out of it. "Uh, what others are you talking about Opal? And uh, are you alright? You seem really out of it." She told her friend before turning to Aquamarine, being greeted by that usually sweet smile. "Hi Aquamarine, I'm good on the ice cream but thanks. And well, I just came here to pick up my other, but I guess I could stay if you two want me to. My mom can take the car home." She told them. She wasn't exactly sure what was going on, and that made her kind of curious and wanting to stay to find out.

Opal was kinda happy that Ruby would stay. Though Opal wasn't very anchored in reality, Ruby and her friends were almost a sort of anchor for her. "We agreed to do some sort of meet up or something I think... or did I imagine that?" She asked, genuinely wondering for a second if she had imagined that conversation or something. The unreality she created was so vivid in her head it was sometimes hard to tell the difference between it and the real world. It was like never knowing if you were stuck in a dream or not.

The Templar High Council wrote:
Charmera wrote:"DING DONG"

After Ruby had been standing at the door for a few minutes, a tall young man entered the Vincent family estate through the front gate. He didn't drive, he didn't bike, all he had was a backpack slung over his back and the clothes hung over his lithe frame. This young man was Sage Kelly, a student friend of the Vincent girls, and a notorious troublemaker well-mannered fellow. "Damn, this sure is a big place..." Sage mumbled as he hiked the driveway. While he was here at Opal's request, Sage's reason for being here was to make some quick cash off of pawning their dad's expensive junk. As all rich people have, of course. He heard it was going to be a pretty big party, it'd be easy enough to get some stock and slip out. Imagine Sage's surprise when he approached the door, he couldn't hear any partying inside, and only saw three girls at the entrance. Honestly, it was almost as weird as the strange voice that had been in his head for the past day-and-a-half, urging him to follow his fiendish plots.

"Hey, uh, I thought there was going to be a party?" Sage said, waving to the three girls from behind Ruby. His face carried no devilish grin, nor beady eyes. He looked decidedly normal, at least from the outside. But Sage was already looking inside, under the pretense of looking for the party, and eyeing trinkets in the hallway...

"Yeah," Opal replied to Sage, someone she was friends with too. She knew about his reputation as a trouble maker, but honestly she didn't really mind if he caused trouble. Might make her life less boring. "Well, I mean it's not a large party, it's more like a small friends thing." She hoped she didn't invite too many people, while sage causing trouble was not a problem, loud party-guests could interrupt her imagination zone time.
Last edited by Charmera on Thu May 05, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu May 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Charmera wrote:---

Having fallen silent after their brief discussion, Lancer limited herself to following her Master while keeping an eye out for any sort of threat hat might arrive. However, quite unlike the library of the academy they had just left, the city that they were presently in didn't seem to be all that dangerous, at least judging by what she had seen so far. Of course, there was no denying that Gotham City was 0ne of the most dangerous places in the United States, but then, Lancer didn't know that, being a Heroic Spirit from a distant time and a distant land.

Either way, she followed closely, and when Susan stopped all of the sudden, the Servant immediately knew that something was amiss, stopping in her tracks as well and scanning the surroundings. Soon she felt a presence as well, and looked in the direction of the two people that her Master had seen, the strangely-dressed (not that she was doing much better in that field) woman in particular, frowning a little. "They... That woman is a Servant like myself, Master." She explained, confirming Susan's suspicions. "I do not know what their intent is, but let's stay alert." The white-haired woman said, mentally preparing to summon her spear and enter battle at the drop of a hat, not wanting to fail at protecting her Master.

Tomia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Walking in da Street

Lucas had left his apartment with with Rider, wanting to explore Gotham a bit more. As they were walking however, he stopped suddenly, holding out his hand indicating for Rider to stop as well. He looked across the street, his eyes narrowing as he saw two women walking with each other, seeming just as out of place as Lucas and Rider were. One was even wearing medieval armor and just didn't look normal. Lucas turned to Rider, "Look, is that one in the armor a spirit like you?" He asked, readying himself for a fight just in case, but he would try to be diplomatic at first.

Rider paused. "That would appear to be the case. Likely this is the Heroic Spirit you had talked of earlier." She remarked. Pausing as she took her in. "Likely a Saber or a Lancer from the looks of her armour." She spoke, standing still as she looked at the Lancer, betraying no emotion in her face. "Well master, how shall we handle this situation? You wanted to recruit them, did you not?" She asked.

Susan looked at the two of them, one of them appeared to be talking to the other. The guy seemed to radiate an aura which made him a tad bit scary, despite the fact he was fairly normal looking, but the woman. She seemed to have a magical presence that could rival that of Lancer, and she seemed to be holding something back. Like a weapon that is sheathed or a gun that isn't cocked. "Yeah..." She replied. She hoped Lancer would be able to defend her.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Thu May 05, 2016 11:54 pm

United Seasonal Osnilian Districts wrote:
"Private shows?" asked Tony, his eyes widening, as he began to imagine the show that Dee could give him. Natalie shot him a look that meant "don't you dare go there." Tony sighed, then said, "We have no interest in letting you repay us in any shape or form. This is a gift from Iron Man."
"You can wait with us outside, though," offered Natalie, "we'd like to hear more about the two of you." Leaving the Cochineal Powder and Venom with CeeCee, they left the room.

DeeDee

Cee didn't waste any time starting with her potion brewing, which is completely normal considering that's what she's like. Even if this wasn't for her own life, it's something she planned to do so she never wastes time and does it. No concept of fun at all in her just duty, obligation, work and everything else that would bore you to death. "Well, no private show is all good and well but I need to do something to entertain myself, I don't like doing nothing, I get bored easily, and I'm used to getting a lot of attention." They better make this wait interesting, everything considered I'm grateful they are willing to do this for complete strangers, but just thinking about the possibility of getting bored is already boring me. My god this is boring! "You must have some fun stuff to do, I mean, with your wealth you probably own several of everything so there has to be some fun stuff in that collection."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat May 07, 2016 12:14 pm

Tomia wrote:---

With the promise of food, Marcus was content to follow Cora through the partially ruined streets of New York. He walked alongside the others more or less absent-mindedly, just looking around, though there was really not much to look around anyway, seeing how the Parademon invasion had caused quite a bit of damage to the city. Either way, only when Cora spoke while looking at the tower did the young man start paying attention again, looking up at the enormous tower in the distance and whistling in appreciation. If it weren't for the simple reason that New York was full of skyscrapers, he would probably have been more impressed, but either way, the fact that they owned a tower was impressive in its own right.

Walking into the tower with the others, he simply continued looking around curiously, though he immediately perked up when he heard Cora telling the receptionist to order pizza, smiling under the mask, not that anyone could notice. In fact, he'd forgotten he was wearing the mask at all, being more or less distracted first with the mess at the bank and then by Cora showing up and taking them elsewhere. Heading up to the top floors, he listened to Cora explain how the Justice Queens had come to be, also talking about another group forming soon after, called the Justice Knights, made up of males in contrast to the Justice Queens. That bit of information at least answered his question about any possible gender issues in the group, so he felt more comfortable now.

Naturally, he was very surprised, and somewhat thrilled, when Cora asked them if they wanted to get some training to become the new Queens and Knights. He had nothing else to do, and if it meant he'd have somewhere safe to sleep and a way to help people, then he was more than happy to accept.

But instead of jumping up at the offer and immediately agreeing, he paused. He perceived something, and walked up to a nearby door, which opened up on its own. Rather than reveal the inside of that particular room, it revealed the area outside the ground floor of the tower, where a now rather confused pizza delivery person was standing. Marcus quickly took the pizza from him and told him to ask the receptionist to pay him, before closing the door and walking back to a nearby couch. He sat down and then opened the pizza box, taking a slice, but then he paused once again, deeply in thought about something.

"Oh, right." He said, before taking off his mask and starting to eat. Only when he was done with the first slice, he blinked and looked at Cora.

"Ah, I accept by the way."

The Templar High Council wrote:---

Charmera wrote:---

Aquamarine's smile faded ever so slightly. Her sister Opal took the ice cream and thanked her, which meant that she appreciated the gesture, but at the same time, she seemed so distant that it didn't sound very genuine or grateful. Indeed, Opal was sometimes distant towards her, but today in particular it was more prominent than other days, which worried the girl a little. Ruby on the other hand simply didn't want any of her ice cream, and that was pretty understandable, though a tad bit disheartening. But despite all of this, the younger of the Vincent sisters beamed once again when the redhead stated that she was willing to stay for a bit. "Oh, that's great Ruby! Make yourself at home, then. If you need anything, I'll be sure to tell Mr. Hall." She said, referring to the steward, who happened to be the superior of Ruby's mother.

For a bit after that, the young girl simply stood back and watched the exchange between Ruby and Opal, but soon enough, another person arrived, someone that Aquamarine did not expect and yet was elated to see. "Sage!" The girl cried out in delight, reflexively, before blushing in embarrassment at her little outburst. She only knew Sage as one of Opal's friends, and had only seen him the few times he had come over with her for whatever motive. Despite this, for some reason she couldn't quite place, she was rather fond of his presence, though she was often too shy to walk in on him and whoever else was present at the moment, and elected to simply watch from afar.

Right now however that wasn't a possibility, and the girl realized that her now somewhat long silence was swiftly turning awkward. "Ah. Um. Welcome!" She said, doing a little curtsey, though as she was currently holding a cup of ice cream, she only used one hand. Then, after straightening up, she looked at her hand a little, and then offered the cup to the green-haired boy. "Would you like some ice cream?" She asked him, hoping he'd say yes.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Sun May 08, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat May 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Daniel Carter-28-Gulf City

The parademons seemed endless, as I battled my way through their ranks I soon started to run into an entirely new problem. Exhaustion. Having spent five years in a bottle, I am no longer a peak of human form. And my precision and technique was rough to say the least, wasting more energy than I needed to. My gestures were wide and excessive, and as my body temperature rose with the fever, sweat forming on my brow, and my own breath getting heavier I realized quickly that I needed to stay close to Anya and her friend to survive.

Battling both my own weariness as well as the spitting hot flames licking my back I weaponized yet another simple spear like construct from the continuing rain. Swinging wildly at the creature as it deftly dodged my strikes. Needing to reconnect with my team, I continued to retreat as I kep the creature at bay. I found myself running in the direction of Joan's River, which cuts through Gulf City and divides many of the poorer sections with the wealthier downtown districts. Civilians in cars, fleeing the onslaught spiralled out of control, crashing into other vehicles and fire hydrants as an angry swarm of Parademons pursued me.

Turning an alleyway, I almost literally slammed into Anya, but was relieved to see Ashkira here as well. Together the three of us guarded each other as Ashkira explained that she had a sharp sense of smell, allowing her to track Osira.

"Lead the way Essence Girl." I verbally jabbed as I followed her around the block, then with a left turn we stood face to face with an army of parademons. That was just prime. I spent the last ten minutes flailing about more than anything, and now the three of us have to somehow plow our way through the horde.

Frustrated I lashed out.

"Nothing is ever simple is it?" I spat as the fever was now burning me from the inside out, at this point, it must have even been obvious to my new allies. But I listened to Ashkira regardless.

"She is somewhere behind this group, and we have not the time nor strength to engage them in proper battle. Form up on me, and keep my back secure while looking out for your own backs. Do not fall behind."

I calmed down as I listened to her, her voice was calm yet confident. As if she was certain of our victorious outcome. The notion had actually encouraged me to calm down, consider the situation. We stood facing a large suspension bridge which crossed Joan's River. With countless tonnage of water flowing beneath us. All we had to do was cross this bridge, and standing next to Ashkira I believe we can do it, but I considered...what if we did not have to fight the parademons at all?

I could manipulate the large supply of water beneath the bridge, forge it into a barrier around us and we can simply walk through their horde. But there were some concerns, namely if my current condition, If I would be able to support the shield. If it collapsed we would be immediately overrun. I believe I should fetch the idea to Ashkira all the same.

"Listen, that river beneath us, I can use the water from it to forge a shield around us so we can just bypass these pawns. We don't have time to fight them off. But, I cannot promise I will be able to sustain the shield if we don't move quickly."

Having pitched my idea, I reached out to Ashkira while still standing behind her.
"But...it's your call. I will follow your lead here. Shield and bypass? Or fight our way through?" With time running out my only preference was that she decide quickly.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Sat May 07, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sun May 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

With the promise of food, Marcus was content to follow Cora through the partially ruined streets of New York. He walked alongside the others more or less absent-mindedly, just looking around, though there was really not much to look around anyway, seeing how the Parademon invasion had caused quite a bit of damage to the city. Either way, only when Cora spoke while looking at the tower did the young man start paying attention again, looking up at the enormous tower in the distance and whistling in appreciation. If it weren't for the simple reason that New York was full of skyscrapers, he would probably have been more impressed, but either way, the fact that they owned a tower was impressive in its own right.

Walking into the tower with the others, he simply continued looking around curiously, though he immediately perked up when he heard Cora telling the receptionist to order pizza, smiling under the mask, not that anyone could notice. In fact, he'd forgotten he was wearing the mask at all, being more or less distracted first with the mess at the bank and then by Cora showing up and taking them elsewhere. Heading up to the top floors, he listened to Cora explain how the Justice Queens had come to be, also talking about another group forming soon after, called the Justice Knights, made up of males in contrast to the Justice Queens. That bit of information at least answered his question about any possible gender issues in the group, so he felt more comfortable now.

Naturally, he was very surprised, and somewhat thrilled, when Cora asked them if they wanted to get some training to become the new Queens and Knights. He had nothing else to do, and if it meant he'd have somewhere safe to sleep and a way to help people, then he was more than happy to accept.

But instead of jumping up at the offer and immediately agreeing, he paused. He perceived something, and walked up to a nearby door, which opened up on its own. Rather than reveal the inside of that particular room, it revealed the area outside the ground floor of the tower, where a now rather confused pizza delivery person was standing. Marcus quickly took the pizza from him and told him to ask the receptionist to pay him, before closing the door and walking back to a nearby couch. He sat down and then opened the pizza box, taking a slice, but then he paused once again, deeply in thought about something.

"Oh, right." He said, before taking off his mask and starting to eat. Only when he was done with the first slice, he blinked and looked at Cora.

"Ah, I accept by the way."

Cora looked surprised when Marcus suddenly created a door out of nothing and was able to retrieve the pizza. This boy was strange, but he certainly had potential. "Well, you without a doubt have an interesting skill set young man. I'm glad to see you are on board." "You're Marcus correct? I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." She then turned to the others, "And what do you young ladies say?"

Alice was the first to speak up, "Well, helping people sounds worth it to me. And it would be nice to be around people with powers like me. Maybe I can finally figure out my powers for real. I accept the offer too." Alice said as Cora smiled and turned to Rebecca.

Rebecca sat silently for a while. She didn't really know what to say, or where she belonged. Still, Marcus and Alice seemed nice enough, maybe it would be good not to be alone for a while. "Well, alright, I'll give it a chance. But I won't promise to stay forever. If I don't like it, I'm leaving." She said resolutely but looked relieved that she had somewhere to stay and a place where she belonged.

Sichem
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichem » Mon May 09, 2016 7:31 am

David Akhavan

Parchin, Islamic Republic of Iran

The monstrous rhinocerus-like creature was towering above David, and staring at him with furious eyes. The chip in it's head was still glowing. David was still catching his breath. He needed a plan - brute force is not going to work here. Alright... he thought to himself while panting and huffing. From what I can gather, this creature is part animal, yet has some human in it, too... it does not talk and acts on instinct. This would be an advantage if it wasn't numerous times stronger than me as well. The other monsters might burst out in the meantime, so I must watch out for those as well. Oh, wait!

While the creature was still staring and not making an offensive move yet, David inserted the USB drive into his wristlet and began sending the information gathered, as well as the photographs, to the headquarters in Israel. If this fight drags on, the fragile flash drive would likely get destroyed with all the precious data, and the decryptors and translators back home can tell him about the thing's weakness - or at least that's how the spy justified the action. Uploading... Uploading... There! The miniature computer beeped to inform the soldier that the data has been sent, and only a second later, David found himself impaled in the chest by the enraged monster's horn, clearly irritated by the sound. Still carrying the stabbed Israeli spy on it's head, the creature slammed it's head to the ceiling, jumping to the floor above to see dozens of Iranian guards gathered.

"What is that?" "What in the world?" "Run for your lives!" "Shoot that monstrosity!" were the screams and shouts David could hear while he was pulling out the horn out of his abdomen, jumping behind the creature and regenerating the damage. The rhino-man was busy flailing it's arms around and attacking the guards that were shooting at it. Bullets don't seem to be doing much to it besides irritation. Must avoid that. David noted, then pulled out his adamantium knife and stabbed right into the monster's chest, instantly putting him into a pain-induced frenzy. Blood and other internal liquids squirted out of the massive wound that was revealing the monster's fleshy insides. The spy didn't stop there - he aimed his Uzi and unloaded a barrage of rounds into the opening. Unlike the tough skin, the flesh was much weaker, and thus the shots bounced through the creature's stomach and abdomen, causing massive amounts of internal damage.

While David was busy attacking from the back, the rhino-man was flailing his arms around through the pain and blindly attacking the Iranians in front of him, until he finally bended his head back and unleashed a wave of fire from his mouth, blasting it all over the corridor. The soldier jumped back to avoid the attack, putting the Uzis back into their handles and taking out the reliable IMI Galatz in exchange. So, these mutants, or monsters, or whatever, have metahuman powers, too... David moved back a bit, towards the stairs for a route to escape, and aimed the gun at the rampaging creature's face, targeting the eyes. Steady... Don't move.

BANG! Success! The shot went straight at the pupil - the only downside was that it only caused minor bleeding, bounced off and made the thing even more enraged. The next thing David knew, the monster was charging right at him - nevertheless, he did not back down, and slammed it's head with as much force as he could muster using the gun's barrel - causing the rifle to break in half and give the soldier barely enough of a distraction to leap upwards and escape to the above floor.

Not much time left... David thought while running across the corridors. Chavi and Em are still not responding, and I must find a way to escape this facility before it turns me into mush... The monster had already reached the floor David was in, with the indicator being slow and loud footsteps echoing across the rooms. It had seemingly lost track of where the spy was, but was nevertheless searching for him. David snuck into one of the storage rooms and instantly opened communications with his computer. Static noise. The footsteps were drawing closer... and closer... The soldier looked up to see an opening to a ventilation shaft network.

"Dovi! Respond! This is Chavi, what is your situation?" Chaviva's voice suddenly came up, and David instantly calmed down, responding with:

"Chavi! I am currently hiding from a massive mutant animal hybrid, how is your day?"

"What? Are you joking? Do you need any help?"

"Considering that it would have crushed me if l hadn't escaped, all I need is a helicopter and..." David was about to respond, but he was cut off by echoing sounds of roaring and glass breaking coming from below, and the rhinoceros grunting in response. "Well, darn. I guess a shashlik is out of question now."

"Dovi, you are seriously giving me too much out of context information right now. The entire base is evacuating - what in the world did you cook up down there?"

David pulled out the last screws and leaped into the shaft, starting to move towards where one would assume the exit would be. As soon after he left, his ears caught some noise coming from the room he had just left - it was taken down by the rhinoceros's rampage.
I Am a 21 year old Jewish man, residing in Haifa, Israel. Hatzalah volunteer.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon May 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Lucas
Lucas nodded to Rider, "Yes, they could be very useful to us. The human doesn't seem particularly experienced though. In fact, she looks down right nervous." Lucas said quietly before they walked up to the other pair. "Hello, I'm Lucas and this is Rider. "He said to both of them, his tone a bit formal and serious as it usually was, though his Irish accent still lingered. "It seems we are under... similar circumstances." He said to Susan. "It seems to me that, it might be best for us to work together. We have been given a great gift, and we are obligated to us it."

Ruby
"Uh, you feeling okay Opal" Ruby asked her friend, a little concerned for her. Then Sage came running to the door, one of their friends from school. Now Ruby was truly confused. "Well... I guess there actually is a party. Uh, okay, well I'm cool with it. I'm just surprised is all." She said before clearing her throat. "Uh.. First I'm going to find my mom, and tell her what's going on." Ruby said, heading into the house, still wondering if her and her friends were going crazy.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue May 10, 2016 5:48 am

Tomia wrote:Lucas
Lucas nodded to Rider, "Yes, they could be very useful to us. The human doesn't seem particularly experienced though. In fact, she looks down right nervous." Lucas said quietly before they walked up to the other pair. "Hello, I'm Lucas and this is Rider. "He said to both of them, his tone a bit formal and serious as it usually was, though his Irish accent still lingered. "It seems we are under... similar circumstances." He said to Susan. "It seems to me that, it might be best for us to work together. We have been given a great gift, and we are obligated to us it."

"Use it for what?" Asked Susan, frowning at the man in front of her. She wasn't sure what to make of him, apart from the fact that she notice she felt repeled by him. Not disgusted or more afraid that she already was. It was as if two magnets of the same pole were put together. Neither could exist in the same place without one pushing the other out of the way. She wondered if the mage felt the same way, but she supposed not if he was porposing an alliance. Perhaps her aversion to magic users came from her own style of magic or something.

Ruby
"Uh, you feeling okay Opal" Ruby asked her friend, a little concerned for her. Then Sage came running to the door, one of their friends from school. Now Ruby was truly confused. "Well... I guess there actually is a party. Uh, okay, well I'm cool with it. I'm just surprised is all." She said before clearing her throat. "Uh.. First I'm going to find my mom, and tell her what's going on." Ruby said, heading into the house, still wondering if her and her friends were going crazy.

They're coming.

Opal paused as she heard the voice of her benefactor, the yellow being she had encountered yesterday. She paused, looking off into the distance as if making eye contact with some ethreal spirit. She paused as she held it for a few seconds, then turned back to Ruby. She smiled awkwardly. "What.... Nooooo... No. I'm fine. Don't you worry. Just... thinking." She remarked. Then paused once more.

Who?

The colour did not respond in the same way, save to show Opal the same thing he showed her yesterday. A ceaseless ooze of grey. Never ending. Never stopping. Always moving forward.

They're almost here.

The Grey Hunters
Iotia looked over the mansion from the street leading up to it, though she had quite a ways to go at her slow pace. Her red eyes seemed to almost glow, but dimly, as if they were covered in smog. Her glazed look as she walked through the streets of gotham, a trench coat wrapped around her shoulders. She looked young. It would almost be sad how young she was, if she wasn't positively terrifying. Her eyes betrayed no emotion, because there was none. Merely an empty vessel where once something could have existed. She didn't so much walk as she did shuffle and spasm, it was almost as if she was having trouble holding human form.

She stopped in the street, then walked up to a building a jumped it's height before landing on the roof, she looked to the mansion.

AWAIT FOR GATHERING TO COMMENCE, MORE WARDENS COULD STILL BE LURED.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Tue May 10, 2016 11:44 am

Dark Knight 9

Knight's Domain

The Hulking Vehicle that is The Destroyer pulled through and down the tunnel to The Knight's Domain, it stopped when it reached the center pad at the end. As Dark Knight climbed out, Titannia landed to the left of The Destroyer, just as the Vigilante pressed the small unlock device at the bottom of the helmet. Marcus took the helmet off, setting it down on the table, he quickly took one of the devices he found at the facility and plugged it into The Knightcomputer. "Marcus" Titannia said, to no effect as he simply continued to crack the device. As he typed into the computer, standing over the keyboard, she took a step further, "Marcus", "Not Now", "yes now, we need to talk". Marcus looked back at her, "Sanza take up the codebreaking", [Of Course sir] the AI said as she went to work. Marcus stood up straight, turning to Titannia as she took off her mask "We've got work to d-" "What the hell happened there", "What do you mean?". "Between you walking out of there like you've seen a Ghost, to the fact that I heard you yell 'Shut The Hell up' like you were about to rip Superman's throat out with your bare hands..".

Marcus turned back to the computer, "Whatever plans The Architect has with Stahl, they're chemical based", Titannia raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean-", "The Architect caught me off guard, sprayed me with some sort of custom mixture of 'The Scarecrow's' Fear toxin". "What did it Do?", "taps into Memories, extremely dark and crushing ones", "......What did you see?". Marcus paused, continuing to searching through the decrypted files of the Knightcomputer, "Let's just say I Saw my Dead Protege' after 10 years". Titannia gave a concerned look, "Marcus-", "Before you go on Lawson, I appreciate the sentiment, but If we can stop The Architect, We'll be able to stop what they're planning". Dark Knight opened a file, sighing "I know where I'm heading?", "Where 'You're', Heading?", "Right now we need to keep watch on our cities. Titannia head back to San Andres, I'll contact you when I've found what we're looking for". Titannia crossed her arms, "And where exactly are you heading?.....". Dark Knight opened a file, showing Malanor Rex's company tower.

"Back to New York"

New York, Southern Manhattan

7:30pm

[Approaching South Manhattan Sir, dropping you off a few blocks from Malanor Rex's Company Tower]

As The Large VTOL flew high above New York, it lowered near a tall apartment building, as Dark Knight opened the hatch and climbed out. Dark Knight stepped down onto the roof, looking around at the bright city lights of Manhattan, as his behemoth of an Aircraft took off. Dark Knight pressed a button bringing up his Gauntlet UI, quickly surveying a Blueprint map of the Tower. "Currently Locked down by the Police, any information on the weapon Stahl is planning is locked within the middle point of the tower, the labs". Dark Knight was distracted when a *BOOM* sound came from his right, as he looked over, he saw a Green and Purple Man, ontop of some Silver Hoverboard, throwing orange bombs around. "HA, HA, HA, COME ON OUT SPIDEY, I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!" He shouted, throwing a bomb at an open window of the building he surrounded. Dark Knight lowered his gauntlet, as he used his Helmet's lenses to scan the figure. [Accessing Database: The Green Goblin, also known as Norman Osborn. Known for throwing Dangerous, explosive Pumpkins, whilst attacking with his Hoverboard]. Dark Knight then promptly pulled out his Grappel Gun, aiming it at Goblin as he hovered midair trying to throw more of his pumpkins. "Spiderman, I know you're in the-" Goblin was cut off, when Dark Knight's grappel Gun caught around his wrist, Goblin looked back at The VIgilante keeping a firm grip on his Grappel Gun.

"That's Enough Osborn", "Could you Buzz Off!" he shouted, jetting upwards with his Grappel Gun, Dark Knight attempted to ground himself against the edge wall, but was pulled off into the air. Dark Knight kept a firm grip on his Grappel Gun, having flashbacks to the Parademon in Chicago. As Goblin flew down, banking up just before hitting the roof, Dark Knight slammed down, being dragged along the roof by Goblin. The Grappel detached as Goblin flew back up, Dark Knight quickly rolled back to his feet. As he stood up Goblin hovered infront of him in the air, "Some Vigilantes never Learn!" he yelled as he began to throw his Pumpkins ar Dark Knight, the Knight quickly rolling to his right and taking cover behind an AC unit. Goblin quickly jetted down, gripping 2 Pumpkins at the ready. "And this is where I blow you out of that Arm-" Goblin was cut off when all he saw was a single Knightdart, stuck in the AC unit where Dark Knight was. "....-or?", The Knightdart beeped a few times before Exploding, knocking the Goblin back and off his hoverboard, landing hard on his back. As Goblin attempted to reach for a Pumpkin on the ground, his hand was crushed and kept down by Dark Knight's left boot, "Ow, Ow, Ow, I get it, Scary-" Goblin was yet again cut off when Dark knight grabbed Goblin by the throat with one hand.

"Did....Spidey....Send You......As His Bitch? Hahahahaha-" Dark Knight then punched Goblin straight in the face with his left hand. "Ow, What're you gonna do? Kill me, You Heroes don't do that", Goblin was stunned when Dark Knight's left hand reached back, and returned with 3 Knightdarts in the middle of some of his fingers, reminiscent of a Certain X-Men's claws. "O...kay maybe you will" Goblin was lifted up by Dark Knight, dragged to his left, Goblin's back was slammed against the wall, being held there by Dark Knight's left hand. "You're going to tell me everything you know", " *koff* About...What?", "Stahl", "Who the Hell is 'Stahl' ?". Goblin clenched his teeth as Dark Knight tightened his grip, "Stahl and his men have been working with Malanor Rex, before he was responsible for the Metahuman attack on southeastern Westchester". Goblin squinted "Now I remember....You're that one guy in the large plane......shot the shit out of that creature.......You're back again I see". "Shut up, and Don't tell me It's only coincidence when I come looking for information, and you happen to be causing havoc". "I guess I'm Stahl-in' for time-" Dark Knight further clenched his fist, "Oh Come On....that's Clever". As Osborn's voice started to die off from Dark Knight's hand, Goblin's board turned to face Dark Knight's back, arming some sort of weaponry on it.

Dark Knight turned half around, aiming the Knightdart launcher on his left gauntlet, whilst keeping Osborn with his right. Before he could fire anything, Webs wrapped around the HOverboard, as it was pulled up, and then slammed into the ground. "Gotta hand it to you" a Much younger voice said, "No one really catches gobby but me" Dark Knight looked up, as a Young man in a Blue and Red suit landed to his left, known only as Spiderman. "Spidery....You're all here" Goblin reached back, pulling out a lone Pumpkin, as he was about to slam it into Dark Knight's face, the Vigilante turned back and caught it with his left hand. Dark Knight ripped it from Goblin's hand, quickly using his left hand to force the tight cap of it off, "Wait, what're you..." goblin said, as Dark Knight forced the Green fumes into Goblin's mouth for half a second. As Goblin went into a Coughing fit, he threw the Villain down, then casually dropping the pumpkin. As Osborn his the ground on his hands and knees, he quickly began to feel it's effects. "Oh.....OOOOH God here comes the Hallucinations", he said, rolling onto his back and beginning to quickly phase out. Spiderman turned back to Dark Knight, "a bit much don't you think?" he asked, "he's responsible for over 50 deaths, This is a mercy. Spiderman correct?" Dark Knight asked the young man. " "Amazing Spiderman' he said, half cockily", "Pleasure to meet you, I've heard of your work" Dark Knight extended his hand, Spiderman quickly accepted.

"Wait, You're that Knight guy, from before with that giant Gray Creature right?" Spiderman asked, 'I'm the Dark Knight of Chicago". "Saw how you were firing those purple gas rounds at the guy, that was INTENSE", "I simply did wat needed to be done". "I overheard you sayign something, about Malanor, a guy named Stahl, and a weapon", "Stahl is an International Warlord, Malanor was working with him on some sort of weapon, the only trace I had said that whatever it was, there's information on it in Malanor's labs". "You need some help?"m Spiderman asked, "I Work better alone, thanks for the solace" as Dark Knight turned to walk off, Spiderman shot his web and sprung over to the wall on his right. "as much as the Lone Wolf act might be working for you, I've been in New York longer. Bring me along and it could help find this thing, especially if it threatens my city". Dark Knight peered at the hero, inspecting him up and down, he was right, as young as he was now, Spiderman would be a useful partner.

Dark Knight opened up the Holographic UI on his gauntlet, focusing on the middle portion of the skyscraper. "This is where Malanor was hosting his information on the weapon, get in there, and Sanza hacking into the Database and finding it will go smoothely". "Alright, follow me" Spiderman said, quickly shooting a web and flying off, Dark Knight quickly pulled out his grappel gun and followed suit.

A NYPD Helicopter passed by the side of the skyscraper as it made it's patrol route around it, as it passed by, Spiderman and Dark Knight quietly dropped down from an over cropping of the building. Dark Knight knelt down, grabbing onto the edge of a ventilation shaft and ripping it off, placing it to the side as he and Spiderman headed in. "So, you're based in Chicago right?" Spiderman asked while following the Vigilante, "yes", "How Long've you been, well, a Hero". As Spiderman asked the question, it stuck with Dark Knight. "Hero", he hadn't heard the word in years, only "Ruthless Vigilante", and "Psychotic Knight". Dark Knight stopped above a vent grate above one of the labs, Dark Knight stoodabove it, and with one strong kick, he kicked the grate half off causing it to dangle open. Dark Knight dropped down, Spiderman following him into the room. "15 Years, and I'm no Hero", He said, quickly walking around and inspecting the different tables and desks within the Lab. "Aw come on, that whole battle against that 'Tecton' thing was Heroic, especially since you only had a grenade launcher". "15 Long Years in Chicago" he shook his head, "How many of the Good Men are left? And how Many of them stayed that way".

The line stuck with Spiderman as he started looking around the lab, "So....What're we looking for?", "Some sort of Chemical Based weapon, anything would help". Dark Knight walked forward, to a small hall leading to a second part of the lab. As he entered, the doors closed with the quiet voice announcing ["Decontamination activated"], Dark Knight pressed a button on his gauntlet activating the Mouth cover which slid out from the sides of his helmet. As the white, smoke-gas filled the room, it exited to reveal a Very, Very different scene. Static, like one from an Old VHS played, and as it cleared Dark Knight only saw a Dark ROom, with cracked, misplaced tiles lining the floor. A Light turned on, as it did, he saw a Large chain, hanging something under a tarp, Dark Knight walked forward promptly pulling it off. As he did, it revealed his Battered, beaten Protege', Lawbringer, her mask off and hanging by her hands from the hook. "What?" Dark Knight asked as he took a step back, "Awake I see" the wicked voice of The Architect spoke as he walked forward, some sort of rod in his hand resting on his shoulder. The Architect snapped his fingers as Lawbringer dropped to the ground, the chain above releasing. "S...Screw You", "aaaawwww, So Cute, Dark Knight's little soldier still holding on", "Dark Knight'll find you.....He'll beat your ass", "Sure, Sure, in the mean time".

The Architect took the prod off his shoulder, holding it in his hand at his side, activating it as it heated up with a burst of electricity. "W-What are you" she said nervously as The Architect took a step forward. "Since Dark Knight has lost his Soldier, and you're mine now, I've come to thinking...." he held it outwards, "I don't want anyone mistaking you for his again". "n-n-N-N-NO, DON'T" she said shuffling on her back into the blackness of the room behind. The Architect snickered as he lunged forward, jabbing his Red Hot branding rod into the Darkness of the room, the only ending noise was the horrifying scream of Lawbringer. The Smoke cleared the room, as Dark Knight returned to the present, he shakily walked out of the room decontamination hall. Dark Knight looked around the small room, only seeing two things on the counter: A Metal breifcase, and a lone, small, Vial. Dark Knight walked over, grabbing the Vial, he inspected it, a Blue-purple liquid inside. As Dark Knight placed it on his belt he opened up the case, only to find a screen and a keypad. The Briefcase flickered on as a Video from nonother than the Architect played.

"aaaah, Dark Knight, my oh so Valiant Protector of Order, I see you've followed the crumbtrail to here. As you've figured out, Me, Malanor, and 'Stahlin' are planning to cook up a little celebratory weapon. With all of these Heroes, in what some may call the 'Age of Superhumans', it seems a bit unfair that there aren't enough Villains. As such, we're planning something Even the Score! though you probably won't be joining me at my little meeting ground before we do it, because there's about 8 Swat Members heading into the room now to take care of you. Ta Ta!"

Dark Knight turned back to the hallway "SPIDERMAN GET DOWN!", Spiderman turned around "wha-" then ducked as the 8 Swat members fired through the glass of the Lab's walls, shattering them. Dark Knight quickly yelled through his Earpiece as he hurried out of the room, "Sanza Track the Breifcase's Broadcast Location!", [On it sir], Dark Knight forced the Decontamination doors open with his pure strength as he quickly rushed back to the room. "Move in!" one of the Swat captains said as they moved in, Spiderman creeping around the perimeter, staying out of their line of sight, trying to get a strike in. As one of the Swat Members had their back to the wall, Spiderman quickly jumped on him, webbing up his mask and beginning to strike at him. "There He Is!" the captain yelled as he took aim at Spiderman with his LMG. Before he could fire at the Hero, Dark Knight forced open the second doors, quickly lunging at the Swat captain.

Dark Knight grabbed him grom the back, his right arm around his neck and his left getting his trigger arm in a lock. Dark Knight quickly spun the man around, kicking him against the counter, he then punched downwards nocking off the face man, then struck him with a Backhand fist. As another Swat member took aim, Dark Knight threw down a Smoke Grenade, filling the area with smoke, Dark Knight quickly lunged forward, breaking the Swat Member's grip on his rifle, he then quickly in submission, took out the rifle clip. Dark Knight then smacked him across the face with the but of his rifle, as Another Swat member charged through the smoke at him, Dark Knight jabbed him in the stomach with the rifle Stock, striking upwards hitting him in the chin. As yet another took aim at him, Dark Knight shot the swat with an Electrical Charge Knightdart dropping him. Dark Knight then threw the emptied rifle at a Swat member against one of the backwall, pushing him back and knocking him out against a metal case. Dark Knight turned around, seeing Spiderman had taken down the remaining two Swat members. "Wow" Spiderman said looking at the unconscious Swat around them, "Where did you learn to fight".

"I need to head back to Chicago" Dark Knight said heading for the door, "Aww, the team up ends so soon?" Spiderman said teasingly. Dark Knight held out his hand shaking Spiderman's, "Thanks for the Help Spiderman. If you need my help, you know where I am". As Dark Knight walked out of the lab, the crunching of broken glass beneath his booths, he heard Spiderman call out behind him. "Hey Knight", Dark Knight stopped, turning his head, "I don't now what's going on, but, Good luck". Dark Knight nodded, shooting his grappel up and being pulled away into the Vent shaft above.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue May 10, 2016 1:01 pm

"You won't hear me complaining about that. The longer time can go without catching cancer, the better." Zeke snickered. "Last time I was here, you were saying something about battery issues? Ever get those sorted out?" He asked. The ship lately was having issues with the unique batteries they made. Normally they functioned via storing Speed Force energy to keep the ship functioning. It was perfect for traversing between universes, but as of late, they had to plan their excursions more carefully since the batteries weren't holding the charge that they normally did.

"Unfortunately, they're still not doing so well. It seems like we're going to have to replace them." Both he and Zeke knew what that meant. The biggest reason that the Corp's headquarters was located in the bleed was to ensure that Ezekiel, should he escape, would have nowhere to go. Leaving the bleed risked him getting out into the universe. Which would be good for exactly no one. "If we hurry and do it while he's sleeping, we shouldn't have any issues. So, other than having to deal with Darkseid, how you been kiddo? Been a few weeks since you last visited. How're the folks? And your brother?" He asked.

"In order: Great and great. He likes to complain, but I'm American and by extension he is too. So I'd say he's still getting along pretty well." Zeke snickered. "Still has his heretical taste in pizza. Still the nicest guy I've ever met. Getting better with his magic stuff. Dunno how much better. He'd patched up my limbs so often that I don't doubt that he may have mastered healing magic. He still hates this place. Doesn't like the speed at which we operate. Can't fault him, it's a fair complaint. We do move pretty quick. Alright Orvus. I think I'm gonna call it for now. I want to go home and sleep for the rest of... Forever." Zeke chuckled. He had a long day and just needed to rest.

"Alright Zeke." Orvus said patting the man on the back. "If we need you, we'll call." Orvus liked Zeke. He was dependable, kind, and almost always in a good mood. Sure, he broke protocol a bit more often than he would like, but given his success rate, he was willing to let him be a little bit off the books if it meant that things would remain safe. It wasn't like Zeke abused his powers. Many of the others used their powers to make themselves wealthy. Zeke ran an innocent business. That, and even he wasn't too keen on the rules that he set. Not even he followed them as well.

"Later Orvus. May the Speed Force be with you!"

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Wed May 11, 2016 11:12 am

Chicago 1

Chicago Conference Hall
3:50pm

Chicago's Mayor, "Daniel Storm" sat on a fairly large, but level Conference stage, alongside his left and right were other representatives. An Anti - Metahuman Congressmen, a Pro Superhero Senator, A Midwestern Politician Pacifist, and a Questionaire speaker who sat on the far left of Daniel. Daniel kept one of his legs crossed throughout the conference, keeping up his demeanor, but as time went on the Questions became more and more trivial. "Will there be Registration of Metahuman Citizens in Chicago", "What's your position on the Dark Knight Vigilante", "Why do you believe Dark Knight is a menace". Daniel, however, exhaled and answered with a firm, but confident, joyful demeanor. however one question further poked his armor when a 19 year old female College student walked up to the podium. The Long line behind her waited, and many people listened as she asked.

"In Response to the end of Vigilantism in the 1950s, and the current start of the 'Age of Superhumans', What do you think will happen to the Savage menace known as the vigilante 'Dark Knight'", Daniel breathed in, knowing this was one of those questions they'd ask on the Tabloids, or CNN, about how everyone hated this vigilante.

The Speaker gestured to the Anti - Metahuman Congressmen who straightened himself and spoke with a cockey, smug look on his face;
"I believe this Vigilante is no better than the Metahumans that are currently wreaking havoc on this country, and the Chicago Police should answer the call to find, and take down this Maniac", some people within the crowd clapped and cheered, with the college student smiling all the way.

The question was then responded to by the Senator,
"Dark Knight is nothing more than a man trying to do what's right, Even IF he beats these men, who is he really hurting? Criminals, Murderers, And all sorts of scum roaming these streets, He's cut down Chicago's crime by more than half and pulled it OUT of the pit it once was in!".

The Pacifistic Politician, a Middle aged woman, then stepped in (figuratively, they were all sitting) on the conversation,
"Joyce, as much as we'd all Love to believe that this Bone Breaking Maniac is just some, Knight in Shining armor, No pun intended". The Cheap joke attracted a few laughs, "...he's nothing more than the criminals he fights, driving around in that Vehicle, in his VTOL, fighting crime and turning guys in, Think of the Collateral Damage!" she ended with the remark.

Daniel waited as the Speaker called on him, he exhaled and cut him off mid sentence,
"Mr Storm what is your position on-",
"Sorry Jay but I don't really think Dark Knight is a Menace",
The Speaker, along with the college student and some of the people with him (except for the Senator) gave confused looks.
"So you're-",
"Look, As much as we all hate Dark Knight, let me clear some things up. Love him or hate him, Dark Knight is a Vigilante, let's clear that up, but the 'End of Vigilantism', hasn't happened in the 1950s, and Won't occur for a while. on't believe me? go ask Batman, that one Daredevil guy, or the Many, Many other Vigilantes within the United States, or probably the hundreds outside of America". His statement caused many to clap, before the Pacifist could speak he turned to his right to partly face her.

"Marissa as much as we'd all love to go Social justice for a bunch of Murderers and Psychopaths, the fact is that 1, the average of each of those 7,000 to god knows how many convicts killed an average of 7 - 10 people each, and 2.) if they weren't going to be caught by Dark Knight, the police might've stumbled across them and shot them, then you'd all be yeling at the police for killing a bunch of Murderous friends.".

Just as the Marissa was about to speak up, Daniel continued, "Before you go on about the 'Branding' Issue, the 2 accounts in the past 15 years were on the top right of the chest of a Child Molestor, and a Crimelord who's responsible for selling over 500 people into sex slavery over the past god knows how many years. Beg my pardon by I'm sorry if the majority don't have a problem with those 2 angels being punished for their immensely horrible crimes".

"Mr Storm I believe even if that is true-",
"it IS true Brandon, and may I ask Why does an Anti - Metahuman have any right to claim whether a Human Vigilante is in the right or not. I thought you were too busy picketing Clinics in D.C., with a bunch of signs saying 'God Hates Metas' and the likes. And before you go all off on your rants, about 15% of the US population has some form of Metahuman ability, and that number is continuously growing, like it or not your idiotic registration to register, record, and possibly brand every Meta in Chicago is not Passing".

"Not by Me, not by my Cabinet, because thankfully we're all a bit more cultured and progressive than some whitewashed, Speciest"

While Congressmen Brandon was too stunned to speak, Daniel finished his statement on him,
"tell me, How long after the Metahuman Registration act are you gonna grow the Chaplain on your face, and start goosestepping". As ,any of the people were stunned by that statement, He exhaled and faced the large crowd on the bleachers. "Like him or not, Dark Knight is far from a completely moral person. But he's decreased crime in the past 15 years by 57% now, and on the subject of collateral damage, it's minimal at best, and before you go off about how 'He'll probably destroy a skyscraper' or something. He's avoided it for a Decade and a half, I think he'll steer clear of doing so in the future"

"I wouldn't do what Dark Knight does, nor would I say every one of his actions is perfectly moral. But he's one of the last, best Vigilantes in this city, along with Prometheus, Hexagon and the rest"

Daniel looked around, Joyce, the Pro-Superhero Senator was sitting to his close left, a smile on her face as he looked around.

"Now if that whole little Debacle has been answered, anyone else?"

The crowd of people cheered and clapped immensley to the very profound, "Needed to be said" statement.

Chicago News Network

"Tonight, Chicago's mayor 'Daniel Storm' took a side on the controversial Debate of Chicago's Vigilante, Dark Knight. Though many would disapprove or would ignore the situation, Storm finally chose a side, in a Very Long winded, by much needed statement on the matter. Where a select amount of Congressmen and Politicians disapprove of the statements made, along with the Vigilante Dark Knight, but many of Chicago's public, along with many other Superhero supporters, endorse and openly praise it"

"if you'd like to see the Mayor's statement on the matter, or more information on the whole ongoing debate, visit Chicago News at 9's Homepage, and check out our News Section page on the new Social Media 'Capestagram' to find out more".

Twitter Feed: @Leanna_Harper: Hell Yeah! Finally someone said it! / @Pandaman99: God Damn '@Daniel Storm', Add some Turkey batter to that Roast why don't you / @Lexcorp: This was quite the abrupt rant, best to avoid such things in the future / @Nicholas_Furry: '@Lexcorp' says the corporation run by a Billionaire who's been jailed multiple times.

Capesgatram Feed:

- [JerichoJumper:] Can't believe that just happened, LOL, Oh My god that Rant was Glorious, #DanielStorm is the Man!

- [Spiderman:] I've meet Dark Knight, and in response to what many people are saying, he's not that Bad.

Related [Capestagram] Articles:

- How the #DarkKnightofChicago is becoming a trending topic for young Social Media Users

- #SanAndresGuardian's Capestagram profile now joins many others on Capestagram! along with Superman, Wonder Woman, Titannia, and other Heroes

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Wed May 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Amber

“I suppose you do have the right to do so,” Amber mused. “Being the god of the Underworld and all.”

“But this is the land of the living” She stated matter-of-factly. “A place where you have no domain over; and from what I gathered those people were alive and kicking when they ventured down here.” She slowly approached the god, her hands on her swaying hips as she eyed him up and down.

“Now don’t get me wrong,” She added quickly. “I don’t give a shit about these people; however, I’m well aware that world would be a lot more… boring if there weren’t any… living... people.” Which was true; she couldn’t imagine what life would be like without any mortals.

“But why does the Lord of the underworld need an army anyway? Who would want to invade the underworld? Or is it that you’ve grown bored with all the decaying bodies and want to tangle with the living?” She quirked her head to the side as she stopped; standing a few feet away from the God who sat upon his throne.

The Glenn Nation
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Glenn Nation » Wed May 11, 2016 7:19 pm

New York City

Manhattan

Alcaeus, or as he was known by the general public, Wonder Boy, was currently flying high in the sky heading towards Manhattan. While from a distance, he didn’t look different than any other day, up close, one could tell that there was something seriously wrong with Wonder Boy. His eyes, usually filled with excitement, looked dull and had bags under them like he hadn’t slept for days. His skin was very pale and his body, while still relatively muscular to an average person, was looking weak. While he had his armor and sword on him, his famous shield was missing, though no one would ever notice it as they would be focusing on something much more dangerous.

All that was on his mind was the Destroy. Over and over again, the word replayed itself inside his head. Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. He couldn’t think of his memories, he couldn’t think of his goals, he couldn’t of anything other than to destroy, and destroy he did. He dove down into the bustling streets of New York City and knocked over a couple of cars on the road. He then picked up a car, that had stopped to try and not hit him, and threw it into a building, causing it to explode. His rampage went on for a few more minutes with Alcaeus destroying everything he could get his hands on until local law enforcement and SWAT came to try and bring him down.

They shot at him with everything they had: handguns, shotguns, assault rifles, etc, however, his armor was able to effectively block most of the bullets and the ones that actually hit him, didn’t seem to slow him down at all. By the time Alcaeus finally fell, due to exhaustion and blood loss, it felt as if New York City felt an aftershock from the earthquake that was the Apokolips Invasion.

The city rejoiced in bringing down who they named the “Fallen Angel,” but Alcaeus had made the mark on the City exactly how Maxwell wanted him to.

New York News Room

Maxwell was currently sitting at a glass table across from a news anchor on a popular TV news show. They had asked him earlier to come in to talk about all of the recent tragedies that had been happening in New York. Of course, they “asked” him after he told them to since SpyroTech was the parent company to the network.

“Welcome back. I’m here with the philanthropist and CEO of SpyroTech, Max Spyro. Good to have you here Max.”

“It great to be back on the show.”

“Now let's jump right into the biggest news story today. New York City was attacked by Wonder Boy, someone who the general public viewed as a hero because, well, he used to stop crime. But in this attack, he killed 60 people, and 200 were injured. What do you think caused him to go over the deep end?”

“Frankly, I don’t know. And, now that he is dead, there is a small chance of anyone knowing what his motivations were. But, I think the bigger issue here is not what his motivations were, but the realities this attack has forced us to face. This was someone who was considered the quote on quote, 'Golden Boy' of New York. If he can do something like this, what stopping any hero from doing the same thing?”

“Hold on now Max, are you saying that we need to fear that every hero is going to turn around and kill us. This is an isolated incident here. No other person widely regarded as a superhero has turned evil in recent history.”

“What I’m saying is that everyone has a capacity for evil but, not everyone has the capacity to cause as much damage as Wonder Boy did in New York. This is just one of the reasons why we need to regulate the so-called ‘heroes.' That way if any of them look to be facing some mental issues, the government can notice and put a stop to it, before they turn into someone like Wonder Boy.”

“You are saying they need to be regulated, but what about the popular argument saying that regulations will stop them from being able to do their jobs in protecting people? All heroes want to do is stop destruction and violence and the government would get in the way of that."

“Well first, we can look at all the destruction the heroes create when they are trying to stop the destruction. They have no thought of who gets caught in the crossfires between their hero-villain fights, as long as it ends in a victory. Look at Detroit Black Zero or the Darkseid Invasion. Hundreds and hundreds of people died because of the indifference of the heroes. Personally, I believe that victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all. Secondly, you have these heroes, who should actually be called vigilantes, breaking the law and breaching the liberties of hundreds of people. In Chicago, you have the Knight vigilante who is going around torturing people. It reminds me of a quote from Benjamin Franklin, “Those who would give up essential liberties, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

“You have been speaking a lot about your opinion, but are you going to actually try to turn that into real action? Are you going to go to the Hill and lobby for some sort of regulations on heroes?”

“Yes, in fact, I am actually working with the American Civil Liberties Union to create a piece of legislation that would effectively regulate heroes. The policy should actually be released to the public soon, and from there we will start lobbying for it on the Hill.”

“Well, this has certainly been interesting, as every time you come on here. Thank you for joining us Max.”

“My pleasure."
Last edited by The Glenn Nation on Wed May 11, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed May 11, 2016 8:49 pm

William Brookes

After the familiar incident, William was probably working on one of the strangest cases in his career. When demons came to him, he was usually running away from them. But this one was different. It entered his office in the form of a possessed man. He talked with extreme politeness and calm. A soul dealer. He was dressed sharply: Tailored suit and shining shoes. An excellent disguise for a demon that has the purpose of making deals.

The demon allegedly came in peace, which had proven true: He wanted to hire William. The situation sounded like a joke itself: The hunt asking the help of a hunter. After regaining his composure and noticing that he was serious, William took his notebook and started to listen to the case.

It was simple: A slight fall at the soul dealing business. Nothing big enough to disturb the "financial" parts of Hell and the soul market, but with the particularity of the one that realized their wishes was never known. It all related to a nameless group of people who approached those wanting to sell their souls. There were never any bargain or trace: After a few days, it was done. Money? They got it. Women? They got it. Some Legions were sent, but with no result. And so, this humble demon, small in the hierarchy, decided to make a deal with the mage.

He couldn't pay him, but he could offer a more interesting thing: Information. Safe access to Hell and the souls that were present there. If he was the successful articulator of this group's downfall, he would get "promoted". At least the chance existed. It was a gamble. William's insurance? The demon's true name. In case he didn't get his promotion, William would have an advantage over him. After all, names were power.

But this was 5 days ago. Now he was the closest he ever got to this "cult". During 5 days he followed people around, used almost every contact that he had to find things that resembled clues. It was one of his hardest cases, and he didn't like to lose. It was a building: Old and forgotten, but with a certain charm to it. Doors locked tight, magical traps and illusion enchantments around. The place definitely held something important. The architecture apparently changed at the needs of whoever owned it, in a complex enchantment, but William wasn't feeling any sings of strong magic. He had the sensation that he walked right into a rat trap: Something that, unfortunately, was common in his life.

After many minutes, he reached the main chamber: Bookshelves filled with volumes on ancient history and magic, and at a table, a thesis. A History work that showed "extra dimensional interference from a true god". Now it all made sense. The epiphany came like a punch at his face. The demons didn't find who fulfilled the wishes wasn't present at this dimension. The god referred was this entity. The people, his worshippers. But why he needed souls?

Power. Soul siphoning. Another punch. He was discovered because he was gathering more souls. Therefore, he was gaining more power. William searched around: A complex seal with words that he couldn't understand even with proper spells was made at a large room. Words from the same unknown language were written on the walls of another room. Three dead bodies stood at the feet of the writings: Through spell, he knew that the souls were bonded to the entity, assimilated to its power.

In another room, a "business ledger". Names of people who sold their souls along with their wishes, and the date that they were conceived. It ran like an operation. William grabbed a few books, putting them at the table and started an effort to discern the danger the entity presented to the world. Their secretive nature didn't help: There were mere mentions to remote possibilities. Of course, they never met him personally at all. Legends, tales were all they have and all they stuck too. He grabbed the thesis and the books and started to compare them, trying to find common points between them.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Nucari
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nucari » Wed May 11, 2016 9:28 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:William Brookes

After the familiar incident, William was probably working on one of the strangest cases in his career. When demons came to him, he was usually running away from them. But this one was different. It entered his office in the form of a possessed man. He talked with extreme politeness and calm. A soul dealer. He was dressed sharply: Tailored suit and shining shoes. An excellent disguise for a demon that has the purpose of making deals.

The demon allegedly came in peace, which had proven true: He wanted to hire William. The situation sounded like a joke itself: The hunt asking the help of a hunter. After regaining his composure and noticing that he was serious, William took his notebook and started to listen to the case.

It was simple: A slight fall at the soul dealing business. Nothing big enough to disturb the "financial" parts of Hell and the soul market, but with the particularity of the one that realized their wishes was never known. It all related to a nameless group of people who approached those wanting to sell their souls. There were never any bargain or trace: After a few days, it was done. Money? They got it. Women? They got it. Some Legions were sent, but with no result. And so, this humble demon, small in the hierarchy, decided to make a deal with the mage.

He couldn't pay him, but he could offer a more interesting thing: Information. Safe access to Hell and the souls that were present there. If he was the successful articulator of this group's downfall, he would get "promoted". At least the chance existed. It was a gamble. William's insurance? The demon's true name. In case he didn't get his promotion, William would have an advantage over him. After all, names were power.

But this was 5 days ago. Now he was the closest he ever got to this "cult". During 5 days he followed people around, used almost every contact that he had to find things that resembled clues. It was one of his hardest cases, and he didn't like to lose. It was a building: Old and forgotten, but with a certain charm to it. Doors locked tight, magical traps and illusion enchantments around. The place definitely held something important. The architecture apparently changed at the needs of whoever owned it, in a complex enchantment, but William wasn't feeling any sings of strong magic. He had the sensation that he walked right into a rat trap: Something that, unfortunately, was common in his life.

After many minutes, he reached the main chamber: Bookshelves filled with volumes on ancient history and magic, and at a table, a thesis. A History work that showed "extra dimensional interference from a true god". Now it all made sense. The epiphany came like a punch at his face. The demons didn't find who fulfilled the wishes wasn't present at this dimension. The god referred was this entity. The people, his worshippers. But why he needed souls?

Power. Soul siphoning. Another punch. He was discovered because he was gathering more souls. Therefore, he was gaining more power. William searched around: A complex seal with words that he couldn't understand even with proper spells was made at a large room. Words from the same unknown language were written on the walls of another room. Three dead bodies stood at the feet of the writings: Through spell, he knew that the souls were bonded to the entity, assimilated to its power.

In another room, a "business ledger". Names of people who sold their souls along with their wishes, and the date that they were conceived. It ran like an operation. William grabbed a few books, putting them at the table and started an effort to discern the danger the entity presented to the world. Their secretive nature didn't help: There were mere mentions to remote possibilities. Of course, they never met him personally at all. Legends, tales were all they have and all they stuck too. He grabbed the thesis and the books and started to compare them, trying to find common points between them.

In the world of Elicius' origin, deep within the center of the planet, a great beast felt a presence. Someone had entered the Nexus Point, a place where the walls between the dimensions was weaker, making it easier for him to manipulate a realm in which he did not dwell. This giant beast reached through the Nexus Point, filling the room with his dark presence, while maintaining no trace that he was truly there at all. He watched the man in the room look over the ancient books that had been left there, and decided that now was the time to make his escape. Now was the time to put his plan into action, to begin the process of leaving his prison behind and making his way to this new world.. The beast smirked, reaching into the minds of all of his followers, telling them the time had come. Reaching into the mind of William, he allowed him to read three words in the ancient script, to see them in a script that would be much easier for him to comprehend:

Vokun Daniik Vokul

With that, the creature left the room entirely, returning his essence to his home world and his body. His one great eye turned to face another Nexus Point, a much more fragile one. This one led to a temple deep underneath the Appalachian Mountains. There a large group of cultists, easily a couple thousand, knelt, faces down and surrounding a man in the middle who looked over the people. This man's name is not important, but it is relevant to know that he was the current leader of the ancient cult. He spoke to the people of the coming god, their master and lord returning from the great beyond, and this time taking a physical form. He was speaking almost like an evangelist when the center of the room began to glow slightly, a loud, animal-like roar emanating from deep within the glow. After a few seconds, the glow flowed into the eyes, nose and mouth of the leader of the cult, killing him instantly. A pulse of pure, magical power radiating from him as the body fell to the ground.

Slowly the body stood, his robes, boots and gloves remaining unchanged as his skin and other layers faded, revealing a dark skeleton-like figure. The being looked at those around him, looking upon him in fear.

"My children," a deep, wise, and ancient voice said from the mouth of the skull, "Finally, I have come to be with you, I have come to set up a kingdom, and I have come to bring you prosperity. Alas, I have used much of my power taking this mortal form, and so we must gain many new followers, so their souls may join with me forever."

The being talked on-and-on, quickly convincing them that he was who he said he was, their god in mortal form.

In Chicago, Elicius was walking along the sidewalk, looking around for ways to help when he felt the pulse of power. It took only a moment to realize what it was, something from his world. His mind raced as he tried to think of what could possess so much power that it could send such a strong pulse of pure magic. His eyes went wide as he made the realization, an ancient foe was returning. Panic raced into the eyes of Elicius as he closed his eyes, following the pulse of magic in his mind to its sourc. This was not going to be easy, but it was something that had to be done in order to protect not only his world, but this new dimension he had been banished too. It was time for him to face something that, untiljoining the Order of the Dragon, he believed only existed in the bedtime stories his mother had told him as a small child.

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Thu May 12, 2016 7:16 am

Paycheck

Straps snapped.

Crows crackled.

The sun shined.

And Paycheck felt none of it.

All he felt, was the crippling exhaustion.

Looking to his left, he nodded at the man calmly strapping a drug infusion IV system to his left arm. The only thing keeping him alive and awake. Three weeks tomorrow. Three weeks of constantly being awake. He was almost ready, almost ready for a go at them. A go at the Young Knights. Tomorrow was the big day.

He'd been approached three weeks ago, having just broken out form prison again, by none other than the infamous Mister Negative, who had offered him a very lucrative deal.

Two million. A drug system. And all he had to do, was steal a suit. He could do this.

He could do this.

He hissed as the diamond tipped needle slid into his vein, a constant feed of Cocaine and Aderall, that only his super-human system could truly sustain for long. The straps against his left arm tightened, as the feed box was strapped to his left bicep. Pulling a red wife-beater over his head, Paycheck popped in his headphones, and stomped out the door, leaving his jacket behind.

Time to do this.

Focusing, channeling the certain overdose of drugs in his system, Paycheck accessed his powers, and teleported instantly to he front door of The Young Knight's apartment building. Growling, he reached up, and tossed aside the door man, kicking the revolving door straight off the central access, sending it spinning into the entrance. Teleporting to the elevator, he roared, ripping it out, and shooting up the shaft at FTL speeds, thundering out through the roof of the Penthouse, appearing in the middle of The Young Knights' living room.

And staring straight at Prometheus, Hexagon and Demon.

"Motherfucker," he cursed, X Gon Give It To Yah pumping in his ears. "Neg said you fucks wouldn't be home."

Standing up, Prometheus cracked his knuckles, grinning, and simply said to the side, "Obviously he lied, now didn't he?"

Of course, this was right before he slammed into Paycheck at FTL speeds.

"Hexy? Face recognition! Now!"

"Police records say Mark Drew! A.K.A Paycheck! Gets more powerful the longer he's awake!"

Prometheus only grunted in response, having just piledrived Paycheck through nearly three hundred floors of apartment, slamming him into the concrete foundation of the building. Landing with a thud behind them, Demon raised a single molten arm, the lava solidifying into a blunt object of sorts, swinging it down for a haymaker blow.

Rolling left, Paycheck brought up both hands instantly, freezing her solid, and wheeling, sending a punch straight into Prometheus' solar plexus, sending the Titan flying into the concrete walls of the elevator shaft. Peeling himself out of the self-formed crater, Prometheus chuckled, dusting himself off, and laying into Paycheck, hitting him so hard, the ground beneath him cracked under the pressure. Grunting, he reached up, catching a punch from the Titan, and letting electrical energy flow through, shocking Prometheus, tossing aside. Staring up the shaft, he rose a foot off the ground, before noticing the armored suit flying down at him.

A barrage of missiles sent him back to his knees.

He tried to hold up a telekinetic forcefield, but it crumbled under the barrage of attacks coming at him from all sides. Someone hit him int he side of the head with the force of a mountain, while something else blasted what felt like a nuke off his back. He felt the drug injection system be torn off his arm, and felt Prometheus hit him in the back of the head so hard he saw spots.

Darkness took him.

And he woke up in chains.

1 Week Later

No prison could hold Paycheck for very long. Even without drugs, he could keep himself awake for around two weeks, maybe even more. So, it came as no surprise, when he teleported his way out of his cell, and flew out from their. Morons. Gave him a window. A few days later he was back in the old neighborhood, slumming it up in a crummy motel. Planning, waiting. Eventually, someone would come by.

There was a knock at the door. Electrical energy gathering in his palms, he opened the door carefully, revealing a crouched, armored figure.

Hello, Mark. I have a job for you.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu May 12, 2016 8:08 am

Nucari wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:William Brookes

In the world of Elicius' origin, deep within the center of the planet, a great beast felt a presence. Someone had entered the Nexus Point, a place where the walls between the dimensions was weaker, making it easier for him to manipulate a realm in which he did not dwell. This giant beast reached through the Nexus Point, filling the room with his dark presence, while maintaining no trace that he was truly there at all. He watched the man in the room look over the ancient books that had been left there, and decided that now was the time to make his escape. Now was the time to put his plan into action, to begin the process of leaving his prison behind and making his way to this new world.. The beast smirked, reaching into the minds of all of his followers, telling them the time had come. Reaching into the mind of William, he allowed him to read three words in the ancient script, to see them in a script that would be much easier for him to comprehend:

Vokun Daniik Vokul

With that, the creature left the room entirely, returning his essence to his home world and his body. His one great eye turned to face another Nexus Point, a much more fragile one. This one led to a temple deep underneath the Appalachian Mountains. There a large group of cultists, easily a couple thousand, knelt, faces down and surrounding a man in the middle who looked over the people. This man's name is not important, but it is relevant to know that he was the current leader of the ancient cult. He spoke to the people of the coming god, their master and lord returning from the great beyond, and this time taking a physical form. He was speaking almost like an evangelist when the center of the room began to glow slightly, a loud, animal-like roar emanating from deep within the glow. After a few seconds, the glow flowed into the eyes, nose and mouth of the leader of the cult, killing him instantly. A pulse of pure, magical power radiating from him as the body fell to the ground.

Slowly the body stood, his robes, boots and gloves remaining unchanged as his skin and other layers faded, revealing a dark skeleton-like figure. The being looked at those around him, looking upon him in fear.

"My children," a deep, wise, and ancient voice said from the mouth of the skull, "Finally, I have come to be with you, I have come to set up a kingdom, and I have come to bring you prosperity. Alas, I have used much of my power taking this mortal form, and so we must gain many new followers, so their souls may join with me forever."

The being talked on-and-on, quickly convincing them that he was who he said he was, their god in mortal form.

In Chicago, Elicius was walking along the sidewalk, looking around for ways to help when he felt the pulse of power. It took only a moment to realize what it was, something from his world. His mind raced as he tried to think of what could possess so much power that it could send such a strong pulse of pure magic. His eyes went wide as he made the realization, an ancient foe was returning. Panic raced into the eyes of Elicius as he closed his eyes, following the pulse of magic in his mind to its sourc. This was not going to be easy, but it was something that had to be done in order to protect not only his world, but this new dimension he had been banished too. It was time for him to face something that, untiljoining the Order of the Dragon, he believed only existed in the bedtime stories his mother had told him as a small child.

Vokun Daniik Vokul... C'mon William, you must have heard of that somewhere..."

The final revelation came like a train hitting him at full speed. It was the most obscure thing he ever heard in his career. Obviously, in his line of work, rumors are fundamental to get to the places you want. But one must have the skill to discern rumors, the true ones and the ones who were tricks.

The fact that suddenly he understood a language from another dimension wasn't a worry near to what he remembered. It was a few years ago, specifically when he was traveling around Europe. France, if he recalls correctly. It was just a quick stop before he set off for London, but one of his acquaintances asked him to listen to what he had to say.

He headed to the man's house: A mess that the man decided to call a home actually. He claimed that he had made the greatest breakthrough in history: The origins of something that could be one of the precursors of dark magic. However, due to the madness of the man, William was skeptical. In the head of the researcher, it was involved in key moments of the magical history through small interference. The theory itself made sense, but not his paranoia.

William had a history with cults: Name one and he would tell him his relation with them, and at least one occasion where they met. But this one sounded too Illuminati for him. He didn't heard the man, and left for London. Two days after it, the researcher was killed. His house? Burned. An accident. He was also a well known gambler and a man in heavy debt, so this wasn't a surprise at all.

But now he knew. It was true. The very place he was standing was a point of connection between two dimensions, a place where magic flowed freely and with strength. He gathered the books in a bag and used the excess of magic to get out of the place through a teleportation spell. He wasn't headed directly to his apartment, instead getting out in a random place before heading there. With the knowledge in hand, he placed it all in a room destined for his investigation. Now it was time to look at the contacts he didn't like.

After hours of searching, William finally reached a point where he was at the same point he started. He was exhausted, his canteen with alcohol was empty, and he was at a dead end. It was clear that the cult was just a tool, and probably whatever was coming wasn't even caring about them, but they knew how to hide. Spare pieces of information didn't make up one good clue at all. And so, William turned to his magical ways.

A simple ritual that would allow him to visualize points just like the library he found earlier, where bridges between dimensions could be made. All he had to do was use the discreet signature of the other dimension and cross with the magic flow of the Earth, excluding the areas where magic was abundant naturally.

Nothing. Obviously, it was probably shielded. They weren't playing for fun, they were heading for the win. However, what caught his attention was a moving sign of magic. It was different, yet it shared the origin of the entity William hunted. Finally, he decided to sleep. It would be good so he could clear his mind and work better at the current case later.

Nucari
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nucari » Thu May 12, 2016 11:42 am

"The Soul Reaper, an ancient being that we all are led to believe is nothing more than a boogeyman, a monster to scare naughty children." Lillith said simply, looking at the new recruit.

"You mean, it's real?" the young Elicius asked, his eyes wide with wonder and fear.

"The Soul Reaper is a very real creature, though its true name has been lost to time." she answered, "It's deeds, however, have not."

Elicius' eyes snapped open as his mind crawled from the depths of unconsciousness, his body quickly waking up along with his mind. Crawling out of the bed in the tiny motel room he had "occupied" the previous night. He had traveled many miles in the last couple of days, searching for what he could only assume was a Nexus Point, the only thing he could think of that would allow the being known as the Soul Reaper access to this world. There was something else, though, another magical aura that seemed to be heading in the same direction of the ley lines. Perhaps they were heading to a Nexus Point, and if they were, why?

Elicius knew that he would need to find out, and soon. He could help but feel, however, that this distraction from finding the Nexus Point that the Soul Reaper was using would not bode well for this world. After a moment or two, he decided to the Soul Reaper was more pressing and went to the roof to search for the Nexus Point. Sitting on the edge of the roof, his eyes began to glow as he reached out to the ley lines, to find the darkest points, seeking the darkest Nexus Point, for that was likely the one the Soul Reaper was using.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Thu May 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Michael looked up when he heard Abigail, a grin coming to his face as he spotted her. "Well hello there Abigail!" he called out, "Fancy seeing you here, what are the odds? Unless... did you come to visit? Oh boy, I knew you liked me. You tried to hide it, and I have to say you almost fooled me, but I knew you liked me. C'mon, admit it." Michael kept smiling at her for awhile before continuing. "Anyways, I've got some great news for you! Well, great might be a bit optimistic since you're still not getting your life back, but it's not terrible. Y'know how you were kicking ass back when Darkseid was invading? Yeah, well you did a little too good of a job and orders have come down saying the higher-ups want you sticking with me for an unspecified amount of time. Not what you wanted, but hey, could be worse. They want you packed up as at one of my estates by tomorrow, so I suggest you get moving."
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu May 12, 2016 4:25 pm

William Brookes

After hours, he finally woke up. He was restless. The whole idea of his investigation bothered him to a point where he lost his usual manner while unwatched: To the rest of the world, he was still the same. However, after his rest his head was set at the objective.

Now he could see clearly the points where the dimensions connected, but this work still remained hard: The softer the barrier was, harder it was to detect. He wasn't worried about the ones that everyone could see. It was a complicated subject: Sometimes, the intersections were subtle, others, noticed at the other side of the globe. Sometimes, the magic flowing through them resembled a strong river, while sometimes it resembled a calm one. It required a skilled mage to find those who were important purposefully. And William could be called a skilled mage.

As he visualized the magic lines among the globe, sometimes known as Ley Lines, he finally found it. The combination was a hard one to find: Fragile and with a great magical flow. Grabbing a map, he finally drew the lines to find the geographic point where it was located.

The Appalachian Mountains. Obviously. A difficult place to reach. Definitely, things were going to get harder for him. Sobering up, he went to catch a plane. Somehow, he would find them there.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu May 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Dark Knight 10

Chicago National Cemetary

Dark Knight grappeled to the top of the Tall, Stone wall that surrounded the massive Cemetery, stretching a long acre in it's spans. Dark Knight couched on the large barrier, contacting Sanza through his earpiece, "You're sure the architect's Broadcast through the Breifcase came from here?". [I've narrowed it down the multiple hundreds of locations, and searched them thoroughly. I'm sure sir], "Look who contracted a case of Sarcasm" Dark Knight muttered as he dropped down, into the wretched death filled Yard. As he landed, Dark Knight quickly stood, looking about he activated the Knightvision function on his Helmet's lenses and moved in. [Sir, Currently I don't detect anyone nearby in the Graveyard], "if he's gone this far to bring me back....Here, I know where he'll be". The last thought gave a shudder up Dark Knight's spine, it was a memory he didn't relish.

As the vigilante walked, the rain overhead began to pour down, setting the mood to some. As The vigilante walked forward, his eyes were locked to oe grave, one burial place he hadn't been to in over 10 years. Dark Knight approached the plot, kneeling down to it's right side, not standing over it, he looked at the old, weathered stone. Dark Knight, with his left Gauntlet, brushed the moss, and dirt build up over the stone off, clearing it and reading the name on it.

"Cassandra Smith"

Dark Knight hung his head, his right hand still gripping the top of the gravestone as he knelt there, the rain pouring and pattering on the back of his Cape and Armor. "I'm sorry Cassandra..." Dark Knight said, his Demeanor and Stone Mental wall breaking down for once as the memories of that horrible day came flooding back to him.

10 years ago....

Dark Knight came, half running into the old Domain under the Branston Estate Manor, gripping a VHS tape in his right hand. Sanza quickly chimed in as he hurried down the catwalks to the Knightcomputer, [Sir, what has happened?]. " I couldn't find Lawbringer Sanza, but I did find this at the one Subway tunnel, from Him ". Dark Knight quickly approached the old Knightcomputer, it was much, much unadvanced unlike it is now, he quickly placed the VHS tape into it. The Tape was loaded up onto the Monitor of Knightcomputer, and before he even had a chance, The Architect appeared on screen. ["Yoooo, hoooo, Ah there we go, Dark Knight ol' boy"], Dark Knight scowled as The Architect appeared, from the angle of the video he was holding a camera. ["Now I hate to be a rusher here, but, by now you know I have your little girly sidekick"], The Architect spun the camera around, showing Lawbringer, demasked, tied to a metal chair infront of him. She was badly beaten, hurt, and bleeding, ["Say hello to your Knight in shining armor Deary!"], "S-Screw.....You", Lawbringer muttered through the immense pain as her head hung.

The Architect took a hand off of holding the camera and pulled her chin up to face him, ["I said, say Hello"] The Architect said with malice in his voice. Cassandra promptly spit in his face, the blood catching him on the lense of his Helmet, ["STUPID GIRL"] he said, giving a huge kick forward and catching her in the jaw. As Dark Knight gripped the table, starting to bend the very metal, The Architect continued ["See Dark Knight, this is why you can't have Sidekicks in this Chess game, Pawns just create more of a Mess"]. The Architect aimed the camera back at him, walking away from lawbringer with her in view behind him. ["But, since you love her oh so dearly, come and get her, She'll be at Warehouse 17, the old junkyard just outside of Chicago"]. Cassandra looked up at him, "He'll stop you-" before she could finish, The Architect nonschalauntley aimed his 500. Revolver back and fired, catching her in the left shoulder, the force of it knocking her back off her chair.

["Don't be Late....."] The Architect gave a devilish smile before cutting out, Dark Knight quickly hurried to the Garage of The Knight's Domain. Dark Knight climbed into the specter, a Mobile, Terrain adjusting Motorcycle Dark Knight no longer uses. Dark Knight half ran onto it, starting it up and driving down the tunnel outwards.

Cassandra was in immense pain, 5 days of straight up abuse from the Architect, and now a 500. nearly tore her shoulder off. As The Anarchist man stood over her, he chuckled, "Remember now Dearie, give Knighty by a big hug from me" The Architect said before blowing the smoke from the barrel of his gun, and walking out through the door of the Warehouse, audibly locking it as he exited. The echoing sound of the door closing, gave Cassandra the queue she needed, as she quickly kicked back the chair from her. The force from the pistol tore her off her bindings, allowing her to carefully free herself. As she tried to stand up, the pain from her left shoulder caused her to fall back down onto her stomach, she half coughed from the pool of blood around her. 'God Dammit Cass' she thought to herself as she forcibly pulled herself towards one of the tables near the wall. Cassandra tried to stand, but quickly collapsed against the table, before she did, she grabbed her Mask from the table pulling it down with her. Cassandra quickly reached in and ripped the Headset out of it, leaning up against the nearby wall she contacted the only one she wanted to at that time.

["Marcus, Marcus are you there?"],

["Cassandra Hang On I'm almost there"],

["I don't think I'm getting out of this one Marc"],

["Almost there Lawbringer, Get to the door and-"],

["There's a bomb, he planet a fucking Bomb"] Cassandra looked at the middle of the Warehouse, seeing a large, makeshift bomb in the middle.

[00:30]

["Cassandra just get to the Door and I'll-"],

["Thanks for being the Father I never had, and being the Parent I needed Marcus"] she said, half accepting and half teary eyed as the bomb ticked down,.

[00:20]

["Cassandra-"]

["When you recruited me to be your Protege', it was the best moment of my life, Never thought I'd be able to make a difference. Thanks Marcus"],

[00:10]

"CAssandra!-"]

]["Goodbye, Knight"]

["CASSANDRA!!].

Dark Knight drove the Specter up the steep slope, quickly plowing through the weak chainlink fence, as The P Bike tried to readjust it quickly spun left and rolled. Dark Knight simply jumped off, running towards the warehouse, he saw the door in side. "CASSANDRA, I'M-", Dark Knight never got to answer as the warehouse exploded, the entire structure irrupted outwards. Dark Knight quickly pulled his cape around protecting him, but the ensuing shockwave, blew him back, knocking him into the Specter and blowing them both back. Dark Knight collided with a railing of the fence portion the Specter tore through, quickly knocking him forward as he landed on his face. The Vigilante quickly brushed himself off, he ran forward, getting off his hands and knees, then stopped on his feet just a few steps after.

The Entire Warehouse was in flames, he knew even as skilled as he trained her to be, no one would've survived that. The Vigilante, out of options and unable to react, simply sighed and hung his head.

"I'm sorry....."

Present Day....

"And it all comes flowing back..." The Architect said, standing triumphantly behind him, his hands folded infront of him. He stared down at The Kneeling vigilante, "You think you're so high and mighty, your Order, your Justice, your Fear. But I know, underneath, you're nothing, nothing but a gritty man, who wants to enact his will upon the city, and what happened? You FAILED". The Architect snickered as The Vigilante took his hand off the gravestone, still kneeling and looking down,

"You couldn't save Lawbringer, you couldn't save he people who died because of me. Face it, there's no point in having you". The Architect drew his 500. Magnum Revolver, the same one he used to shoot the fatal shot to his protege', "And I'll do this city the Cleansing Favor". Before The Architect could fire, Dark Knight turned around, grabbing The Architect's wrist and twisted it, forcing him to drop the gun. "I'm tired of this, Architect, I'm tired of you killing, murdering, destroying, enacting chaos", The Architect peered back at Dark Knight. "Oh Don't give me that, You Wouldn't kill me!", The Architect reconsidered that when he saw the Cold, Deadly, and all around Angry look Dark Knight gave him. "Dark Knig-"

Dark Knight then punched The Architect with his right hand, causing him to fall onto his bck, his cape becoming splattered with the mud from the rain. "I'm done playing Around, I'm Done with you killing hundreds of innocents everytime you're able to break out of the Prison". Dark Knight stepped forward, and placed his boot on The Architect's chest, pressing him down onto the Mud. "And I'm Done, Leaving you to continue what you Do", The Architect realized what this meant. Dark Knight was done, the cycle of him exiting the jail every few years would end, he qucikly reached into his back pocket and pulled out a 9mm Pistol. The Architect aimed it at Dark Knight's head, as Thunder cracked in the background, through the rain momentarily illuminating the Vigilante above him. The Architect began to fire an array of shots, just as he did, Dark Knight's mouth cover slid over his exposed face, fully covering his mouth.

"Well Seems you Have Changed" he said, Dark Knight then used his foot on The Architect's chest to kick away the pistol, then stomped down on The Villain's face. Dark Knight then placed his Knee on his chest, Punching him, Left hook, then a right Hook, then a Left Hook, Then a Right Hook, each time the fists impacted, each time a satisfying thug sounded out. " *KOFF* Knight, Please I Beg of You-", Dark Knight cut him off by Headbutting him, standing up, Dark Knight grabbed him by the collar of his costume and threw the Architect. The Architect slammed into the wall of a Mosuleum nearby, As The Anarchist regained himself through the blood, he tried to run away. Dark Knight fired his grappeling gun with one hand, the grappel trying around The Architect's legs tripping him. Dark Knight locked the grappel at the length it was at, then swung it, causing him to swing around, until Dark Knight detatched it, sending The architect flying into a nearby tree. The Architect spit out a few teeth, he realized this was it, Dark Knight was done.

As he turned to stand up, Dark Knight was already infront of him, and before he could react, Dark Knight kicked him straight in the chest. The architect slammed back into a tree, attempting to brace himself against it, he quickly pulled out his Cavalry Dagger. Dark Knight immediately caught the pathetic stab The Architect made, breaking his left wrist. Dark Knight then began to beat on him, punching him, kicking him, elbowing him, kneeing him, all while using the tree as a sort of bedrock. Dark Knight eventually stopped, as The Architect fell forward, he grabbed him by the neck and held him up against the tree, the architect attempting to Squirm. "Dark Knight....Knighty Knight.......Dark Vader.....Pleeeeeese". Dark Knight used his free hand to grabbed his New Retractable sword, as the Blade extended to full length, Dark Knight shot a gaze into The architect's eyes. "I'll make sure this City is rid of crime, Starting with you....", Dark Knight wasn't able to stab it forward into The Architect's neck, as a hand grabbed him and stopped him.

"Dark Knight Stop"

Dark Knight took one look back, then stared forward at The Architect, "Let go Titannia", "I won't let you become what you want to stop". Dark Knight then stared back at her, the same hate filled, Malice stare he gave The Architect "I'M WHAT THIS CITY NEEDS! Someone who ISN'T WILLING TO HOLD BACK, Someone who WON'T let Mass Murderers like him Roam the Streets!". "And What is going to Happen?! Kill him and You've truley fallen into Darkness! Kill him and You're unsavable, and You'll only add to Chicago's Burden". As The Architect stopped struggling, and simply stayed there, Dark Knight stared up at him, the Rain continuing to pour down. "You Don't have to sit in the Darkness around you and wallow, Step into the Light. Infinite Justice, The Justice League, The Avengers are doing all they can to pull the World out". Titannia let go of his arm, "if it's what you want, go ahead, but Don't expect to see me ever again". As she took a few steps back, Dark Knight contemplated, and lunged the Sword Forward......

Hitting the Tree next to The Architect's head, Dark Knight then tossed The Architect to the left, impacting a large boulder to the right of them. As The Anarchist groaned, he braced himself against it, Dark Knight scanned his vitals with his Helmet's Lenses. "Broken Ribs, fractured Vertebrae, among other things. You'll be sitting in Statewell for a long time", The Architect rolled over, slumping on the ground, beaten, but alive. "I'll take him to Statewell, You've got to track down Stahl" she said, grabbing him and tossing him over her shoulder. As Dark Knight nodded, pulling out his Grappel, "Knight" he turned his head back towards her. "Don't loose hope. You won't have to become a monster to try to bring justice to your city", as Dark Knight thought about what she said, he turned his head back towards her, only to see she was gone. Dark Knight was suprised, "Always wondered what that felt like" he said, grappeling off into the Rainy night.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Thu May 12, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse