NATION

PASSWORD

REGIME: The Changing Tides (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How Should We Set the Perspective?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 am

1. Stoddard.
5%
2. Grayson.
5%
3. Both families should be opened for participation.
68%
4. What the hell? I thought you were doing an RP about dictatorships.
21%

Total votes : 19

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
Sure.

:lol2: I'm just now realizing that my experiences in CK2 would make playing the Greysons a cakewalk. Murder, extortion, bribery, blackmail, more murder, all in a day's work. Also the occasional eugenics program

Fellow CK2 player here. All we need is Zoroastrianism and it'll be a party.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Name: Vincent Gonzalez
Appearance: Image

Personality: Reasonable man, never got angry quickly. Reserved and nice as well, although to be fair, that's like your everyday nice man. Compassionate, too.
Likes: Telenovela. Oh, oh, and stand up comedy. Also, patriotism.
Dislikes: I don't like bigots. Racist, discriminate, oh what a horrible kind. And religious zealot. One time I met this zealot in here, this city, I was like...chased by him. Like stalking me, I hate it, so when he was confused where I was, I hit him hard and buried his head to the trash can and kicked his head while his down. Never bothered me again.

Fears: I don't like bats. At all. I hate it. One time I was bitten by a bat...when I was a child? Forget when.

Hobbies: Well, I like read. And sometimes doing gun shooting at local field range or Grayson's. They have a lot of field range, too...

Skills: Well, let's see..I have a degree on Accounting from Fisher School of Accounting from University of Florida. But then I went to the Army for recruitment, you can say that I want to do something for my country back then...there was 9/11 back then. I joined the Army, went all the way through training and had a couple of trips to Iraq. After the fourth visit to Afghanistan, I was honorably discharged and went back to accounting job. So you know, I have military training and accounting skills. Apart from those...not much. Decent English and Spanish included?

Weaknesses (2): I am too cautious...and I'm not much of a people person, not very sociable.

Birthplace: Florida, sir. Hialeah, to be more clear.
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Cuban
Political Views: Moderate Democrats, Bernie Sanders all the way
Sexuality: Hetero/Straight
Religion: Methodist

Education: Fisher School of Accounting of the University of Florida with Accounting Degree
Affiliation: Grayson
Relation to Your Family: Son-in-law
Basic Background: Vincent Gonzales was born in Hialeah after his family moved there as immigrants. His family is not big, just his parents, an older sister, and him. Living as immigrants and eventually gained green cards, they made a living at grocery stores, schools, usually as janitors and staffs like cashier, for example. They made enough saving to sent him to good school for him, while her sister who has 6 year gaps won a scholarship and was sent to Canada as part of the scholarship. Eventually, Vincent gained a place in University of Florida and his family lived comfortably. But all good things must ended in the end, yes?

9/11 happened when the family made a trip to New York as part of the vacation, but no one got hurt. Vincent, in the process of finishing his college, went into the military out of respect for the military, nation, and for vengeance, but not without huge backlash from his family who all wanted him to not joined the military. In the end, he was kicked out from the family, with tears and anger from both sides. He went into the military, trained, and then sent to Iraq for the first three tours and Afghanistan for a short fourth tour before he was discharged. With almost no place to go home and no jobs, his friend who discharged earlier got him a place to work at, at Ticutta County.

He worked at one of the bank there, and eventually converted into Methodism since he made friends with few Methodists who worked with him as well inside the bank. He entered the life of Grayson family when he dated and eventually married one of Lucas Grayson's daughters, named Lisa Grayson, local doctor in the county. As soon as he entered the family, he found himself tangled up in a web of conflicts between Grayson and Stoddard, and he will do anything for the protection of his newfound family, his wife, and himself.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Dukats
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukats » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:53 am

I was busy with school. I will finish the app soon.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:48 am

Bump.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Tilt pointed me over here, and I'm glad to see another interesting RP out of you, Cy. :lol:

Was thinking about a Stoddard character, but seeing as there's a general lack of Grayson apps I wanted to see if you'd rather have another Grayson-affiliate.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:55 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Name: Vincent Gonzalez
Appearance: (Image)

Personality: Reasonable man, never got angry quickly. Reserved and nice as well, although to be fair, that's like your everyday nice man. Compassionate, too.
Likes: Telenovela. Oh, oh, and stand up comedy. Also, patriotism.
Dislikes: I don't like bigots. Racist, discriminate, oh what a horrible kind. And religious zealot. One time I met this zealot in here, this city, I was like...chased by him. Like stalking me, I hate it, so when he was confused where I was, I hit him hard and buried his head to the trash can and kicked his head while his down. Never bothered me again.

Fears: I don't like bats. At all. I hate it. One time I was bitten by a bat...when I was a child? Forget when.

Hobbies: Well, I like read. And sometimes doing gun shooting at local field range or Grayson's. They have a lot of field range, too...

Skills: Well, let's see..I have a degree on Accounting from Fisher School of Accounting from University of Florida. But then I went to the Army for recruitment, you can say that I want to do something for my country back then...there was 9/11 back then. I joined the Army, went all the way through training and had a couple of trips to Iraq. After the fourth visit to Afghanistan, I was honorably discharged and went back to accounting job. So you know, I have military training and accounting skills. Apart from those...not much. Decent English and Spanish included?

Weaknesses (2): I am too cautious...and I'm not much of a people person, not very sociable.

Birthplace: Florida, sir. Hialeah, to be more clear.
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Cuban
Political Views: Moderate Democrats, Bernie Sanders all the way
Sexuality: Hetero/Straight
Religion: Methodist

Education: Fisher School of Accounting of the University of Florida with Accounting Degree
Affiliation: Grayson
Relation to Your Family: Son-in-law
Basic Background: Vincent Gonzales was born in Hialeah after his family moved there as immigrants. His family is not big, just his parents, an older sister, and him. Living as immigrants and eventually gained green cards, they made a living at grocery stores, schools, usually as janitors and staffs like cashier, for example. They made enough saving to sent him to good school for him, while her sister who has 6 year gaps won a scholarship and was sent to Canada as part of the scholarship. Eventually, Vincent gained a place in University of Florida and his family lived comfortably. But all good things must ended in the end, yes?

9/11 happened when the family made a trip to New York as part of the vacation, but no one got hurt. Vincent, in the process of finishing his college, went for draft into the military out of respect for the military, nation, and for vengeance, but not without huge backlash from his family who all wanted him to not joined the military. In the end, he was kicked out from the family, with tears and anger from both sides. He drafted into the military, trained, and then sent to Iraq for the first three tours and Afghanistan for a short fourth tour before he was discharged. With almost no place to go home and no jobs, his friend who discharged earlier got him a place to work at, at Ticutta County.

He worked at one of the bank there, and eventually converted into Methodism since he made friends with few Methodists who worked with him as well inside the bank. He entered the life of Grayson family when he dated and eventually married one of Lucas Grayson's daughters, named Lisa Grayson, local doctor in the county. As soon as he entered the family, he found himself tangled up in a web of conflicts between Grayson and Stoddard, and he will do anything for the protection of his newfound family, his wife, and himself.

Done, Cy. :)
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:08 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:-snip-

There wasn't a draft after 9/11, but other than that, it's all good.

Erucia wrote:-snip-

Why not just make a Grayson?
Last edited by Cylarn on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:-snip-

Erucia wrote:-snip-

I might saw what happened regarding 9/11 in Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit a bit mistaken.

Sorry, I'll fix it.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Alright, it fixed.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:59 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

I might saw what happened regarding 9/11 in Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit a bit mistaken.

Sorry, I'll fix it.

Yeah, that movie ain't exactly a documentary.
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Hornesia wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Sorry, I'll fix it.

Yeah, that movie ain't exactly a documentary.

But I remember the beginning of the movie when he watched 9/11 in London, during his college period, and then suddenly it switched to him inside the helicopter in Middle East dressed in uniform, so I though there is some sort of draft.

The same thing hit me too since I though the movie American Sniper implied that there was a draft after 9/11...
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sun May 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Hornesia wrote:Yeah, that movie ain't exactly a documentary.

But I remember the beginning of the movie when he watched 9/11 in London, during his college period, and then suddenly it switched to him inside the helicopter in Middle East dressed in uniform, so I though there is some sort of draft.

The same thing hit me too since I though the movie American Sniper implied that there was a draft after 9/11...

There was a large surge of people volunteering for the armed forces to get revenge on whoever did it, but it wasn't an actual draft or anything.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sun May 08, 2016 8:49 pm

performs chest compressions on the OOC

LIVE DAMN YOU
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun May 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Len Hyet wrote:performs chest compressions on the OOC

LIVE DAMN YOU

GENTLEMEN

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun May 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:performs chest compressions on the OOC

LIVE DAMN YOU

GENTLEMEN

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

There are literally no other threads on NSG where I can be an ADA and GOD DAMN IT I WANT TO SPEAK LEGALESE IN AN RP! I'LL DO ALL THE MILITARY SHIT IN OTHER ONES BUT GOD DAMN IT I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun May 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
GENTLEMEN

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

There are literally no other threads on NSG where I can be an ADA and GOD DAMN IT I WANT TO SPEAK LEGALESE IN AN RP! I'LL DO ALL THE MILITARY SHIT IN OTHER ONES BUT GOD DAMN IT I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!

APPARENTLY NO ONE WANTS TO DO THIS RP BUT I WANT A WAR BETWEEN TWO FAMILIES IN THE DESERT
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun May 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:There are literally no other threads on NSG where I can be an ADA and GOD DAMN IT I WANT TO SPEAK LEGALESE IN AN RP! I'LL DO ALL THE MILITARY SHIT IN OTHER ONES BUT GOD DAMN IT I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!

APPARENTLY NO ONE WANTS TO DO THIS RP BUT I WANT A WAR BETWEEN TWO FAMILIES IN THE DESERT

Fuck it.

I'll just go update my bio in the other RP.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun May 08, 2016 9:04 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

Fuck it.

I already approved you.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun May 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Fuck it.

I already approved you.

Yes but the bio is embarrassingly thin

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun May 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
I already approved you.

Yes but the bio is embarrassingly thin

Hell, you've been my longest-running supporter, back from the Gustave RP.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun May 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Yes but the bio is embarrassingly thin

GUSTAVE

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun May 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

GUSTAVE

ME GUSTAVE
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse