NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Name: Geoffrey, Baron Hyville, Lord Steward of Kingshill, Keeper of Records and Laws, Arch-Treasurer
Realm: He inhabits Kingshill, though originally he is from Igolthra.
Family: Hyville - he has a wife and no children. He has one brother, with six children however.
Family Crest: Arms of Geoffrey, Baron Hyville, Lord Steward to His Majesty

Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: He is loyal to whomever is King, or whoever has the greatest chance of being King - as a bureaucrat and a minor noble he has done much to get to where he stands, and he does not squander it. He maintains his loyalty for as long as it is practical, even though he may have secret leanings. To be sure he is not seen as a side-switcher, he will often play to both sides. He did that with Elyas, he maintained secret communications with Elyas throughout his rebellion, and when the time came he helped arrange a plot for the King to be murdered and gave the order for the gates of Kingshill to be opened.

Height: 5'8
Appearance: This

Personality: Geoffrey is an intelligent, witty, and mildspoken man. He carries out his tasks dutifully and with great respect for detail and organization. He is a learned men, having studied under some of the greatest scholars throughout the world and becoming a great one in his own respect. He is calculative, practical, shrewd and good with money. He is a calm person, and dos not take to quickly to anger. He is not by nature self-serving, and sees that the people of the realm need a good government. When he does talk he is very persuasive, and has away with people so that he gets them to support his cause. He has very little time for religion or piety, believing it gets in the way of rationality and good governance, though he is not very open about this fact. He is married, though his wife sought the company of other women while he sought the company of other men, though this is very hidden and only vague rumours exist.

Biography: Born into the heavily indebted Hyville Family, who were unable to house. As a result they sent him away as an apprentice to a great scholar, who introduced him to the world of knowledge. From their he had an unquenchable thirst for it, and studied under many great learned men. He inherited the financially destitute Baronetcy of Hyville in the southern orchard country of Igolthra when he was twenty. And though his holdings were bankrupt he managed within a few years to turn it into a profitable estate, he was not satisfied with a mere baronetcy though. Leaving his lands to the management of his wife (also equally talented) he left for the capital, where he found employ as a Treasurer. Afterwards that he became a Port Manager for a harbour in the south, and after a slew of appointments finally broke into the upper echelons with his appointment as Arch-Treasurer, followed by the Stewardship of the Royal Palace in Kingshill. During Elyas's rebellion Geoffrey secretly supported him and when the rebellious Prince neared the city he designed a plot for the King to be murdered, and ordered the opening of the City Gates.

Weapon of choice: Poison, a Dagger
Strengths: Intellect, Fast Runner, Persuasive ability
Weaknesses: His Homosexuality, His lack of piety, Inability to handle a weapon
Notes:

So will you be living in my realm? Or will you be living in Kingshill with King Elyas?
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:
Name: Geoffrey, Baron Hyville, Lord Steward of Kingshill, Keeper of Records and Laws, Arch-Treasurer

So will you be living in my realm? Or will you be living in Kingshill with King Elyas?

Kingshill, as his primary duty is to manage the castle.
Last edited by Cresadine on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Ah ok. Looking forward to role playing with you, your app was good. This is my first time. I've tried to start Roleplays, didn't work. I've decided maybe I need to do a roleplay to know how to make a roleplay. You know get a first person perspective.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:

Ah ok. Looking forward to role playing with you, your app was good. This is my first time. I've tried to start Roleplays, didn't work. I've decided maybe I need to do a roleplay to know how to make a roleplay. You know get a first person perspective.

It's true, you can't really start something if you don't know how to do something. I role-played on this site years ago, and I'm just getting into the groove again.

This RP looks interesting. Your character is Frederick Miller correct?
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:

It's true, you can't really start something if you don't know how to do something. I role-played on this site years ago, and I'm just getting into the groove again.

Correct, I've edited mine so many times now. First the name was Frederick Thunderborn and it sounded pretty good I'd say but then I couldn't find a crest and then I found the Miller one and it came to me that'd be a perfect thing to fit with my characters origins. What do you think would be a population max
at this medieval time period? Like 25mil between the five realms?
Last edited by Albertae on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Dijen what's the religion(s) that the Kingdom follows?
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:46 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:It's true, you can't really start something if you don't know how to do something. I role-played on this site years ago, and I'm just getting into the groove again.

Correct, I've edited mine so many times now. First the name was Frederick Thunderborn and it sounded pretty good I'd say but then I couldn't find a crest and then I found the Miller one and it came to me that'd be a perfect thing to fit with my characters origins. What do you think would be a population mad at this medieval time period? Like 25mil between the five realms?

Your character has an interesting backstory. I find it a bit odd that he was formerly a peasant (Medieval society was so stratified that there was little movement from the bottom rung to any other rung), perhaps his father was a destitute minor noble (like mine's was) or a knight himself?

Perhaps we could intertwine our backstories a little? I like to develop character relationships OOCly so it puts the story in the context of everyone having a connection to one another. Perhaps his father was a Knight who was under the Hyville banner (our characters being from the same region) or maybe your character could be a distant cousin of Geoffrey's (or even closer, like a first cousin, since that would make him be able to inherit the Baronetcy of Hyville, which would add a lovely dimension to the story)?

Albertae wrote:Dijen what's the religion(s) that the Kingdom follows?

I was wondering this too. Perhaps as a group we could develop a religion (I have some excellent ideas tucked away from previous RPs)?
Last edited by Cresadine on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:50 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:
Correct, I've edited mine so many times now. First the name was Frederick Thunderborn and it sounded pretty good I'd say but then I couldn't find a crest and then I found the Miller one and it came to me that'd be a perfect thing to fit with my characters origins. What do you think would be a population mad at this medieval time period? Like 25mil between the five realms?

Your character has an interesting backstory. I find it a bit odd that he was formerly a peasant (Medieval society was so stratified that there was little movement from the bottom rung to any other rung), perhaps his father was a destitute minor noble (like mine's was) or a knight himself?

Perhaps we could intertwine our backstories a little? I like to develop character relationships OOCly so it puts the story in the context of everyone having a connection to one another. Perhaps his father was a Knight who was under the Hyville banner (our characters being from the same region) or maybe your character could be a distant cousin of Geoffrey's (or even closer, like a first cousin, since that would make him be able to inherit the Baronetcy of Hyville, which would add a lovely dimension to the story)?

I was wondering this too. Perhaps as a group we could develop a religion (I have some excellent ideas tucked away from previous RPs)?

That could be a possibility I'd be up for intertwining stories, perhaps my father as a farmer served your house and as your family was severely in debited you taxed the living day lights out of mine, or perhaps we could have a more pleasant backstory ha. And I put in there that it was rare for a peasant to become a knight and I thought that'd give my character a little more speciality.

It's a shame you are loyal to the present King as my character hates the young king but plays it cool to build up the forces and strength to defeat the King in war. If you were to be discovered you'd best watch out or pray to the religion that Dijen decides for the roleplay for forgiveness. Lol, perhaps an influenced backstory will keep that from happening.
Last edited by Albertae on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:52 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Your character has an interesting backstory. I find it a bit odd that he was formerly a peasant (Medieval society was so stratified that there was little movement from the bottom rung to any other rung), perhaps his father was a destitute minor noble (like mine's was) or a knight himself?

That could be a possibility I'd be up for intertwining stories, perhaps my father as a farmer served your house and as your family was severely in debited you taxed the living day lights out of mine, or perhaps we could have a more pleasant backstory ha. And I put in there that it was rare for a peasant to become a knight and I thought that'd give my character a little more speciality.

I like the first option, it could create an opportunity for a little animosity between our characters.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Your first option or mine?
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Albertae wrote:Your first option or mine?

Your first option. :)

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Cresadine wrote:

That's fine let me add that to my character. Heheh.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:01 pm

Cresadine wrote:

Maybe since I was a close friend to the King and his trusted soldier almost a son to him, I'd somehow know of the plot that you supported? The peasantry are stupid and uninformed leaving higher ranking like my character later in his life when he was a knight to King Elyas' father. That could cause my character to add you to a list and possibly later on counter you in a fight or something. This could get very interesting where my character gets in personal combat with you and your guards as your loyalty to Elyas secretly gained you enough favor to get him to protect you. And if the people knew of the usurper's supporters a rebellion could happen. I sense great battles and intensity!
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:04 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Your first option. :)

Maybe since I was a close friend to the King and his trusted soldier almost a son to him, I'd somehow know of the plot that you supported? The peasantry are stupid and uninformed leaving higher ranking like my character later in his life when he was a knight to King Elyas' father. That could cause my character to add you to a list and possibly later on counter you in a fight or something. This could get very interesting where my character gets in personal combat with you and your guards as your loyalty to Elyas secretly gained you enough favor to get him to protect you. And if the people knew of the usurper's supporters a rebellion could happen. I sense great battles and intensity!

So you mean your character knew that Geoffrey knew that was a supporter of Elyas the whole time? And he knew of the plot Geoffrey egineered to have the old King murdered by his own staff?

This sounds like a very interesting idea.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:

So you mean your character knew that Geoffrey knew that was a supporter of Elyas the whole time? And he knew of the plot Geoffrey egineered to have the old King murdered by his own staff?

I don't want to meta game but I want to make it interesting and make so that my character has many resentments and people who wants to have killed for their crimes as well as your character having to prepare himself for all the crimes he's committed to make it harder for my character to do his job as the late King's knight.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:

I don't want to meta game but I want to make it interesting and make so that my character has many resentments and people who wants to have killed for their crimes as well as your character having to prepare himself for all the crimes he's committed to make it harder for my character to do his job as the late King's knight.

Of course, this will no doubt be interesting.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Of course, this will no doubt be interesting.

Agreed, but in the end it all comes down to what Dijen decides. Good luck with your character and I'll see you in the IC when Dijen creates the IC topic. He's also making the map.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:13 pm

I'm going to sleep its 1:13 am here in Houston.
My Political Compass:

Soutona
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Soutona » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:57 am

Name: Jackary Masson A.K.A. Black Jack or Masson the Black
Realm of residence: Maintains a residence in Kingshill, but spends a significant amount of time on the road
Height: 6'2
Appearance:

Personality: Jackary Masson is a war hound, he lives and breathes for the thrill of combat and the glory of victory. He's a fatalist who lives for the moment and ultimately plans on dying on the battlefield. While some view him as an amoral brute, in reality Jack is somewhat of a philosopher. He believes that the only thing that makes life worth living is doing what you are best at and doing what you want, which in his case involves killing men and women on the battlefield. He is known to have a dark sense of humor which, in addition to his dark hair and complexion, earned him the nickname "Black." Jack is an experienced military leader and commands fierce loyalty from his men through leading by example.
Biography: Jackary was born the only child of Yarrik Masson, an impoverished landed knight sworn to the lord of Shimmergarde. Yarrik began training Jack in knightly practices at a very young age. Eventually, Jack became his father's squire and officially began his apprenticeship to become a knight. He followed his father across the kingdom, participating in in tournaments and even squired for his father in a battle. At age 16, Jack's father became sick with a fever and ultimately succumbed to his sickness, but not before knighting his son. Due to his father's debts, Jackary was unable to properly maintain his holdings and was forced to sell his property. Shortly after becoming effectively homeless, Jack signed up with a mercenary band called The Red Lances where he demonstrated his martial prowess. Over the years, Jack climbed the ranks of The Red Lances and eventually became 2nd in command to band's captain, Harl Frain, at the age of 23. Harl was able to secure lucrative contracts with the crown and advanced the The Red Lances' prestige and filled their coffers with gold. With the ascension of Elyas the WIld to the throne, Harl decided to retire and leave the command of The Red Lances to Black Jack Masson. Since then, Jack has worked closely with the King's forces putting down rebellions and keeping the peace and has become a staple of Kingshill's noble societies.
Weapon of choice: Jackary is proficient with many weapons, but is a master with a glaive from both on horseback or while afoot.
His preferred weapon

Strengths: Jackary is an extremely dangerous warrior and a skilled commander. He is a veteran of nearly a dozen battles and has killed countless men in both pitched battle and in duels. Additionally, Jackary is quite clever, charismatic, and is a capable speaker.
Weaknesses: Jackary is motivated by desire for combat and ultimately by greed, and will forego the former if the latter is not satisfied. While he is popular amongst some of the nobility, he's still just a mercenary and any political power or wealth he has comes from his military contracts with the king. And even if he did have more legitimate political power, he would have little idea what to do with it considering he cares little for noble politics.
Notes:
“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” -Charles Bukowski

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:26 am

Cresadine wrote:
Name: Geoffrey, Baron Hyville, Lord Steward of Kingshill, Keeper of Records and Laws, Arch-Treasurer (Ceremonial, Consultant)
Realm: He inhabits Kingshill, though originally he is from Igolthra.
Family: Hyville - he has a wife and no children. He has one brother, with six children however.
Family Crest: Arms of Geoffrey, Baron Hyville, Lord Steward to His Majesty

Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: He is loyal to whomever is King, or whoever has the greatest chance of being King - as a bureaucrat and a minor noble he has done much to get to where he stands, and he does not squander it. He maintains his loyalty for as long as it is practical, even though he may have secret leanings. To be sure he is not seen as a side-switcher, he will often play to both sides. He did that with Elyas, he maintained secret communications with Elyas throughout his rebellion, and when the time came he helped arrange a plot for the King to be murdered and gave the order for the gates of Kingshill to be opened.

Height: 5'8
Appearance: This

Personality: Geoffrey is an intelligent, witty, and mildspoken man. He carries out his tasks dutifully and with great respect for detail and organization. He is a learned men, having studied under some of the greatest scholars throughout the world and becoming a great one in his own respect. He is calculative, practical, shrewd and good with money. He is a calm person, and dos not take to quickly to anger. He is not by nature self-serving, and sees that the people of the realm need a good government. When he does talk he is very persuasive, and has away with people so that he gets them to support his cause. He has very little time for religion or piety, believing it gets in the way of rationality and good governance, though he is not very open about this fact. He is married, though his wife sought the company of other women while he sought the company of other men, though this is very hidden and only vague rumours exist.

Biography: Born into the heavily indebted Hyville Family, who were unable to house him as a direct result. So they sent him away as an apprentice to a great scholar, who introduced him to the world of knowledge. From their he had an unquenchable thirst for it, and studied under many a great learned men. He inherited the financially destitute Baronetcy of Hyville in the southern orchard country of Igolthra when he was twenty. And though his holdings were bankrupt he managed within a few years to turn it into a profitable estate, he was not satisfied with a mere baronetcy though. Leaving his lands to the management of his wife (also equally talented) he left for the capital, where he found employ as a Treasurer. Afterwards he became a Port Manager for a harbour in the south, and after a slew of appointments finally broke into the upper echelons with his appointment as Arch-Treasurer, followed by the Stewardship of the Royal Palace in Kingshill. During Elyas's rebellion Geoffrey secretly supported him and when the rebellious Prince neared the city he designed a plot for the King to be murdered, and ordered the opening of the City Gates.

Weapon of choice: Poison, a Dagger
Strengths: Intellect, Fast Runner, Persuasive ability
Weaknesses: His Homosexuality, His lack of piety, Inability to handle a weapon
Notes:
His duties from each of his positions:
  • Lord Steward - Manage and organize the palace, its staff, its finances, its entourage, its upkeep and plans events.
  • Keeper of Records and Laws - A post that acknowledges his abilities as a lawyer and judge. He is responsible for the Palace Archives and helps review important legal cases.
  • Arch-Treasurer - A mostly ceremonial position now that he has taken over the position of Lord Steward. He consults with the Under-Treasurers when they require his assistance and he review budgets when they are proposed.

Accepted.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 am

Soutona wrote:Name: Jackary Masson A.K.A. Black Jack or Masson the Black
Realm of residence: Maintains a residence in Kingshill, but spends a significant amount of time on the road
Height: 6'2
Appearance:
Personality: Jackary Masson is a war hound, he lives and breathes for the thrill of combat and the glory of victory. He's a fatalist who lives for the moment and ultimately plans on dying on the battlefield. While some view him as an amoral brute, in reality Jack is somewhat of a philosopher. He believes that the only thing that makes life worth living is doing what you are best at and doing what you want, which in his case involves killing men and women on the battlefield. He is known to have a dark sense of humor which, in addition to his dark hair and complexion, earned him the nickname "Black." Jack is an experienced military leader and commands fierce loyalty from his men through leading by example.
Biography: Jackary was born the only child of Yarrik Masson, an impoverished landed knight sworn to the lord of Shimmergarde. Yarrik began training Jack in knightly practices at a very young age. Eventually, Jack became his father's squire and officially began his apprenticeship to become a knight. He followed his father across the kingdom, participating in in tournaments and even squired for his father in a battle. At age 16, Jack's father became sick with a fever and ultimately succumbed to his sickness, but not before knighting his son. Due to his father's debts, Jackary was unable to properly maintain his holdings and was forced to sell his property. Shortly after becoming effectively homeless, Jack signed up with a mercenary band called The Red Lances where he demonstrated his martial prowess. Over the years, Jack climbed the ranks of The Red Lances and eventually became 2nd in command to band's captain, Harl Frain, at the age of 23. Harl was able to secure lucrative contracts with the crown and advanced the The Red Lances' prestige and filled their coffers with gold. With the ascension of Elyas the WIld to the throne, Harl decided to retire and leave the command of The Red Lances to Black Jack Masson. Since then, Jack has worked closely with the King's forces putting down rebellions and keeping the peace and has become a staple of Kingshill's noble societies.
Weapon of choice: Jackary is proficient with many weapons, but is a master with a glaive from both on horseback or while afoot.
His preferred weapon
(Image)

Strengths: Jackary is an extremely dangerous warrior and a skilled commander. He is a veteran of nearly a dozen battles and has killed countless men in both pitched battle and in duels. Additionally, Jackary is quite clever, charismatic, and is a capable speaker.
Weaknesses: Jackary is motivated by desire for combat and ultimately by greed, and will forego the former if the latter is not satisfied. While he is popular amongst some of the nobility, he's still just a mercenary and any political power or wealth he has comes from his military contracts with the king. And even if he did have more legitimate political power, he would have little idea what to do with it considering he cares little for noble politics.
Notes:

Accepted.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:30 am

Well this should be good since I'm the caption kf the Kings guards and the fact that my character basically leads a secret group that is against the king lol

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:31 am

I don't care. I think that multiple religions would be better than just one, If you want to come up with a religion and it's beliefs, that would be fine with me.

Soutona
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Soutona » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:22 am

What about the countries that surround Lavell? You said that Lavell is an island, so is there a another landmass that Lavell is close to that has other peoples and countries on it?
“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” -Charles Bukowski

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:25 am

Soutona wrote:What about the countries that surround Lavell? You said that Lavell is an island, so is there a another landmass that Lavell is close to that has other peoples and countries on it?

There can be, but this is more of an internal conflict, so there is no need for another nearby nation. The map is currently a work in progress, as soon as I finish it anyone may offer suggestions, including suggesting more countries.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse