NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:30 pm

United Human Planets wrote:The Division sounds like something that Tyrus would be a part of. Cant say if he would be well liked though. But, if war breaks out, Tyrus has an army, so he cant be all that bad. :p

I'm thinking that I will start the civil war for revenging the young King Elyas the Kinslayer, after I create an alliance with you United.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:30 pm

United Human Planets wrote:The Division sounds like something that Tyrus would be a part of. Cant say if he would be well liked though. But, if war breaks out, Tyrus has an army, so he cant be all that bad. :p

True, though an armed full scale revolt is the last resort for The Division

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:32 pm

The Praetorian Empire wrote:I'm very much interested. Just one question before I throw up an app. Are there any non-human sentients in this realm? I'm not talking about anything too out there. Just the usual fantasy stock. Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, yadda yadda.

I just realized you are absolutely right. This is a fantasy roleplay and those are part of the fantasy world so. I guess you could make a far away kingdom that's a different race and they would invade Lavell or perhaps they'd team up with King Elyas to help reunite Elyas' kingdom.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:32 pm

Albertae wrote:

I'm thinking that I will start the civil war for revenging the young King Elyas the Kinslayer, after I create an alliance with you United.

Sounds good to me.

Never know when you might need some violence, but Tyrus has got that in spades.
Last edited by United Human Planets on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:

True, though an armed full scale revolt is the last resort for The Division

Well, Tyrus and Frederick could fund the Division secretly while you guys are secretly plotting against King Elyas' we will be fighting a full war.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:34 pm

United Human Planets wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Sounds good to me.

I could spark the civil war by not letting my farmers and merchants sell any food to the other realms.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Albertae wrote:
Sounds good to me.

I could spark the civil war by not letting my farmers and merchants sell any food to the other realms.

I'd basically be taking away all of the food production.
My Political Compass:

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Albertae wrote:
The Praetorian Empire wrote:I'm very much interested. Just one question before I throw up an app. Are there any non-human sentients in this realm? I'm not talking about anything too out there. Just the usual fantasy stock. Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, yadda yadda.

I just realized you are absolutely right. This is a fantasy roleplay and those are part of the fantasy world so. I guess you could make a far away kingdom that's a different race and they would invade Lavell or perhaps they'd team up with King Elyas to help reunite Elyas' kingdom.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I wasn't playing on playing one, but I did have an idea to raise a small band of disgusting swamp-goblins who care very little about politics, but a lot about coin and killing smoothskins.

They'd have no de-jure land, just the odd mud-hut out in the swamps where they grumble about the times when they used to be able to pillage freely.
Formerly Khanastan; the Praetorian Empire is set in the same geographical region, only around 200 years earlier.

The Praetorian Empire is a PreT nation set in a world going through an age similar to the Victorian Era - a world of Great Powers, Imperialism, Political Revolution and Technological Advancement where the capitalist machine is beginning to stir into action and when nations were at their largest and grandest. If anyone wants to roleplay a time in that era, feel free to TG me.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:35 pm

I just have to warn you though that they will be severely hated upon by us humans in Lavell most likely.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Albertae wrote:
Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:True, though an armed full scale revolt is the last resort for The Division

Well, Tyrus and Frederick could fund the Division secretly while you guys are secretly plotting against King Elyas' we will be fighting a full war.

That actually brings up a question. If Tyrus controls the metal production, would that mean that he also controls the coin? Or is gold mined in another part of the kingdom.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:
Albertae wrote:
Don't worry my character will supply the civil war with food. Since, my region basically produced 95% of food production.

Well the Division won't have an army at the start it will eventually haha

Perhaps you could have it so that the Division are Firemen.

Cresadine's Compendium of Religions wrote:Firemen - Worship Baxelheric, the God of Fire. Their are known to be fanatical. The Army of God, their militia organization often goes on rampages and burns entire villages of non-believers to the ground. They are known for performing human sacrifices. The Firemen mostly live in communities of their own, because heretics are often burned as sacrifices. They have found the ear of a few Kings and the results are almost always disastrous.

Perhaps a the Division could be a "division" of the Army of God? One which is not really affiliated with the main army but still has links.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Luft
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luft » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Name: Valkiria Bergussøn
Realm: Obbinium
Family: Her mother passed away while she was young. Her father is Æþor Bergussøn, lord of the realm. She has three brothers- Ælþred, Þeodor, and Edgor.
Family Crest: Image
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Never, he is a tyrant. Her father taught her to oppose such tyranny.
Height: 5'1"
Appearance: Very short, small and petite with long blonde hair that falls past her shoulders. She isn't very strong, but she is fast and agile.

Personality: Whereas her father is tough and ruthless, Valkiria grew up to be kind and loving of the world. She is free-spirited and independent, raised by her father to have a Bergussøn backbone. Behind her pretty face is a will that cannot be broken. She speaks her mind, often too much her father might say, and her relationship with her family has grown slightly stressed as she protests the ruthless spirit of her father and her brothers. Are they not turning into the very monster they oppose? She often fears her father will be assassinated or that she might be herself, from association. She hates that people would try and kill her father, but she can understand why they think they have to.

Biography: The youngest of the Bergussøn children, Valkiria didn't get to know her mother as well as her siblings. What she does remember, however, is a strong and fair woman with a loving heart. Valkiria grew up trying to live in that image. She was always kind to the servants and she always found ways to give to the peasantry, even if it wasn't allowed at the time. She blossomed from a little girl into a young woman under the watchful eye of both her handmaidens and her father. The only girl, she often felt alienated by her brothers' passions for war games and she never quite understood the want of power. Her father wanted another son, at least that's what she always believed, and she awaits with great angst the day he decides to marry her off to a nobleman. In the meantime, she follows him along in his work, undoubtably supposed to learn something. She loves her father, but not the man he becomes when opposed.

Weapon of choice: Her voice. Valkiria has no love for weapons. She knows basic swordsmanship, learned from her father to defend herself, but she does not actively practice it. Her small blade, light and ornate as it is sharp, remains locked away with her valuable possessions baring no signs of use.
Strengths: Smart, Royal, Popular amongst the people, confident
Weaknesses: Size, strength, naïve, stubborn
Last edited by Luft on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:Well the Division won't have an army at the start it will eventually haha

Perhaps you could have it so that the Division are Firemen.

Cresadine's Compendium of Religions wrote:Firemen - Worship Baxelheric, the God of Fire. Their are known to be fanatical. The Army of God, their militia organization often goes on rampages and burns entire villages of non-believers to the ground. They are known for performing human sacrifices. The Firemen mostly live in communities of their own, because heretics are often burned as sacrifices. They have found the ear of a few Kings and the results are almost always disastrous.

Perhaps a the Division could be a "division" of the Army of God? One which is not really affiliated with the main army but still has links.

That would add some tension since my character believe in The Four Almoghty we may have to put aside our differences and do it anyways for the good of Lavell? I don't know about this.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Luft wrote:Name: Valkiria Bergussøn
Family: Her mother passed away while she was young. Her father is Æþor Bergussøn, lord of the realm. She has three brothers- Ælþred, Þeodor, and Edgor.
Family Crest: (Image)
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Never, he is a tyrant. Her father taught her to oppose such tyranny.
Appearance: Very short, small and petite with long blonde hair that falls past her shoulders. She isn't very strong, but she is fast and agile.

Personality: Whereas her father is tough and ruthless, Valkiria grew up to be kind and loving of the world. She is free-spirited and independent, raised by her father to have a Bergussøn backbone. Behind her pretty face is a will that cannot be broken. She speaks her mind, often too much her father might say, and her relationship with her family has grown slightly stressed as she protests the ruthless spirit of her father and her brothers. Are they not turning into the very monster they oppose? She often fears her father will be assassinated or that she might be herself, from association. She hates that people would try and kill her father, but she can understand why they think they have to.
Biography: The youngest of the Bergussøn children, Valkiria didn't get to know her mother as well as her siblings. What she does remember, however, is a strong and fair woman with a loving heart. Valkiria grew up trying to live in that image. She was always kind to the servants and she always found ways to give to the peasantry, even if it wasn't allowed at the time. She blossomed from a little girl into a young woman under the watchful eye of both her handmaidens and her father. The only girl, she often felt alienated by her brothers' passions for war games and she never quite understood the want of power. Her father wanted another son, at least that's what she always believed, and she awaits with great angst the day he decides to marry her off to a nobleman. In the meantime, she follows him along in his work, undoubtably supposed to learn something. She loves her father, but not the man he becomes when opposed.
Weapon of choice: Her voice. Valkiria has no love for weapons. She knows basic swordsmanship, learned from her father to defend herself, but she does not actively practice it. Her small blade, light and ornate as it is sharp, remains locked away with her valuable possessions baring no signs of use.

This application is good but did Amuaplye give you permission to be his daughter? It's accepted if he did.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Luft wrote:snip

Wonderful! Accepted.

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Perhaps you could have it so that the Division are Firemen.

That would add some tension since my character believe in The Four Almoghty we may have to put aside our differences and do it anyways for the good of Lavell? I don't know about this.

Just noticed a spelling error in the firemen definition. That's annoying. I gotta fix that.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:40 pm

You are welcome to have a non human character. They would have to have come from some other kingdom, so add a reason for leaving their homeland to your character's bio.

Luft
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luft » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Albertae wrote:
Luft wrote:Name: Valkiria Bergussøn
Family Crest: (Image)

This application is good but did Amuaplye give you permission to be his daughter? It's accepted if he did.

Yes he did. :) It's a ways back I think...took me a while to write my app. :P

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Albertae wrote:
Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:True, though an armed full scale revolt is the last resort for The Division

That could work

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Albertae wrote:

That actually brings up a question. If Tyrus controls the metal production, would that mean that he also controls the coin? Or is gold mined in another part of the kingdom.

Obbinium probally controls the coin as that is the Noble Expanse. I control the food and you control the metal produced in Lavell.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Still working on my sons bodyguard, United you wanted to make a mercenary right? And now the mercenary is a mercenary leader? Well, my sons bodyguard use to be a mercenary and he made many enemies along the way maybe somehow our characters will intertwine.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Basically, Tyrus and his realm controls all the metals produced and used to make military equipment.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Albertae wrote:

Obbinium probally controls the coin as that is the Noble Expanse. I control the food and you control the metal produced in Lavell.

Alright, that sounds good to me.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Albertae wrote:Still working on my sons bodyguard, United you wanted to make a mercenary right? And now the mercenary is a mercenary leader? Well, my sons bodyguard use to be a mercenary and he made many enemies along the way maybe somehow our characters will intertwine.

I like that idea. My mercenary character comes from an Arabic style nation, dont know if that has any bearing on your bodyguard, but in case it does, there it is.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:46 pm

Albertae wrote:Still working on my sons bodyguard, United you wanted to make a mercenary right? And now the mercenary is a mercenary leader? Well, my sons bodyguard use to be a mercenary and he made many enemies along the way maybe somehow our characters will intertwine.

I like that idea. My mercenary character comes from an Arabic style nation, dont know if that has any bearing on your bodyguard, but in case it does, there it is.

Good, good. Perhaps you could think of a name he is famous for. And that'll give my guy a mental note to watch for this guy. Just wait for my app.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Cresadine's Note: Let's remember that a single realm can't control all of the production of a common thing. For instance the claim that Igolthra controls 95% of the production of food is bogus, as obviously there is food elsewhere in the kingdom. They can control a large share, but not a huge majority. I would say 55-67% percent to be more accurate, because otherwise the entire population would be starving. Similarly, the Twin Reach can control a large amount of the gold in the realm, but it is not the only place where it is mined.

Also usually, a noble can't mint his own coins. He can mine the metal from which it is based, but he can't mint his own coins, only the Monarch or his representative can do that.

And the Lord of a Realm doesn't control his entire province or its resources. His vassals control most of the land, especially if he was a night who won his title through combat and not already a lord. So his vassals could ally with the King and sell crops and metal to the King. Lets take Fredrick Miller as an example, he was a poor man, who won his title through combat. Realistically he could not control a large portion of the grain produced in Igolthra, so you can't just say "I control all the Grain so the rebels get all of the food."
Last edited by Cresadine on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse