NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Cresadine wrote:I updated everything. I put your story in, Albertae, with a few edits so its meaning is more clear (you had a few confusing phrases here and there.)

I agree I read through it after typing it and could not find a way to edit some of the confusing phrases in there, so thank you. :)
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:I updated everything. I put your story in, Albertae, with a few edits so its meaning is more clear (you had a few confusing phrases here and there.)

I agree I read through it after typing it and could not find a way to edit some of the confusing phrases in there, so thank you. :)

Cool.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Ok you made a few typos,
Story with grammar edits
"his power split between 'for' men" 1st paragraph
"it would later on give 'me'(should be him) powers beyond any 'mortals'(mortal)" 2nd paragraph
Third paragraph you forgot a period at the end.
Fourth paragraph please change it to, "He soon was given powers."

That's all the typos and errors I found in your grammar check for my story.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:
Dijen wrote:Sure. Also, does anyone know a good map making software?

I use this, very easy to use! http://inkarnate.com/

Thanks! This works really well.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Albertae wrote:

Ok you made a few typos,
Story with grammar edits
"it would later on give 'me'(should be him) powers beyond any 'mortals'(mortal)" 2nd paragraph

1. That was your error, I had it in mind and forgot to change it.
2. Given.
3. Ok.
4. OK.

Dijen wrote:
Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote: I use this, very easy to use! http://inkarnate.com/

Thanks! This works really well.

I have an expanded religious compendium on the third page.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:36 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:What? I can at least create a religion for my area.

You can. But you should bring it into what we've already established, so it is more coherent. Maybe your religion could be based of the worship of a god of The Faith of the Many Gods?

All of the gods will be worshiped. Except for my char, who just pretends to.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:36 pm

Albertae wrote:

Ok you made a few typos,
Story with grammar edits

Actually, the first one was your typo. If you read through what you wrote you have for instead of four. But the religions are now Canon, I will be attaching that to my original post, and as soon as I get the map up I will create an IC thread.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Cresadine wrote:You can. But you should bring it into what we've already established, so it is more coherent. Maybe your religion could be based of the worship of a god of The Faith of the Many Gods?

All of the gods will be worshiped. Except for my char, who just pretends to.

So are you saying the will worship every god of The Faith of the Many Gods?

Historically that is never the case, certain areas will devote themselves to a god that relates to their way of life the most.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:
Ok you made a few typos,
Story with grammar edits

1. That was your error, I had it in mind and forgot to change it.
2. Given.
3. Ok.
4. OK.

Dijen wrote:Thanks! This works really well.

I have an expanded religious compendium on the third page.

Ok this is going great! Cresadine and I, mostly Cresadine have created the religions. Dijen seems to have found a good map maker from Amuaplye, teamwork!
We however need more people to be Lord of the Realms because currently we have a bunch of non Lord of the Realms. Amuaplye and I are so far the only ones.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:All of the gods will be worshiped. Except for my char, who just pretends to.

Historically that is never the case, certain areas will devote themselves to a god that relates to their way of life the most.

Umm, Cresadine is right I just want my realm to worship the Four Almighty it fits with our economy and Iglothra's way of life since we are farmers, hard laborers etc. I'm, just psyched for the map. I wonder where I'll be put.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:42 pm

I just realized how important my realm is. I think my realm creates 95% of the food in the Kingdom of Lavell.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Hey, would it be alright if I made a character who came from a Arabian style nation who came to Lavell as a sellsword? Ive always felt that there is not nearly enough arabic nations/people in fantasy worlds.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:45 pm

United Human Planets wrote:Hey, would it be alright if I made a character who came from a Arabian style nation who came to Lavell as a sellsword? Ive always felt that there is not nearly enough arabic nations/people in fantasy worlds.

Right now me actually need more Lords of the Realm. If your character was just a mercenary he wouldn't have much interaction with anyone else.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:All of the gods will be worshiped. Except for my char, who just pretends to.

That means actually that anyone can worship whoever they want.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Cresadine wrote:So are you saying the will worship every god of The Faith of the Many Gods?

Well yes, we only put in the religions that other people such as I and Cresadine have decided we wanted our realm to believe in we just put out a guidelines to make things more coherent, immersive, and interesting.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:50 pm

United Human Planets wrote:Hey, would it be alright if I made a character who came from a Arabian style nation who came to Lavell as a sellsword? Ive always felt that there is not nearly enough arabic nations/people in fantasy worlds.

You should make a lord of the realm character then make a second minor character who is a sells word because we need three more lord of the realms. Iglothra and Obbinium are already taken.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Cresadine wrote:So are you saying the will worship every god of The Faith of the Many Gods?

That makes sense. But a primitive/medieval people will usually worship a god who relates to their daily life. A fisherman will worship the god of the sea etc. Your state can be religiously neutral, but your people will still have a majority religion, I just want to know what religious mix is in your province.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Cresadine wrote:

Right now me actually need more Lords of the Realm. If your character was just a mercenary he wouldn't have much interaction with anyone else.

Well, I was figuring he would come from a group of mercenary's from his home, and he was leading some of them. He wouldn't be a lord/noble, but he would be a powerful enough force that he could gain the interest of the nobles in the area, and fight for who ever pays the most.

Just an idea, if it wont work out for the story, I can make a noble character. It wont hurt my feelings in any way.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:That means actually that anyone can worship whoever they want.

That makes sense. But a primitive/medieval people will usually worship a god who relates to their daily life. A fisherman will worship the god of the sea etc. Your state can be religiously neutral, but your people will still have a majority religion, I just want to know what religious mix is in your province.

Exactly, people back then weren't educated and a lot didn't have any form of entertainment so they just prayed to a deity or deities.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Albertae wrote:

You should make a lord of the realm character then make a second minor character who is a sells word because we need three more lord of the realms. Iglothra and Obbinium are already taken.

Okay, that sounds good. Ill make a lord, and bring in the sellsword later.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:53 pm

United Human Planets wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Right now me actually need more Lords of the Realm. If your character was just a mercenary he wouldn't have much interaction with anyone else.

Well, I was figuring he would come from a group of mercenary's from his home, and he was leading some of them. He wouldn't be a lord/noble, but he would be a powerful enough force that he could gain the interest of the nobles in the area, and fight for who ever pays the most.

Just an idea, if it wont work out for the story, I can make a noble character. It wont hurt my feelings in any way.

You can always make two character max of five but realistically that's too much to handle at once and you could probally be overpowered if you brought all five characters together.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:55 pm

Albertae wrote:

You'll need both approved before we go IC but you can always hash out details more thoroughly when exactly the sells word comes in. All I know is there is going to be a need for sells words with the humongous plot that is bound to happen.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Albertae wrote:

You'll need both approved before we go IC but you can always hash out details more thoroughly when exactly the sells word comes in. All I know is there is going to be a need for sells words with the humongous plot that is bound to happen.

sounds good to me.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:58 pm

I hope the Twin Reach is someone I can ally with. With my food production and their metal production we would be powerful.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:05 pm

You know what I'm going to do something. Do you guys think I should create a bodyguard for my son who will travel with him? I'm thinking my son is going to become a warrior but in the meantime while the kingdom is in a moment of despair my son could be building allies?
My Political Compass:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse