NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:29 am

How about the 5 realms all believe in the three gods.
Apirius: God of War and Peace
Xenon: God of Miracles and Deals
Jorius: God of Fertility and Unfruitfulness(He controls the fertility of women and the how well yours harvests are each year or if you've been a naughty little boy, how bad your harvest will be. Could be a big influence.)
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Soutona
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Soutona » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:37 am

Dijen wrote:There can be, but this is more of an internal conflict, so there is no need for another nearby nation. The map is currently a work in progress, as soon as I finish it anyone may offer suggestions, including suggesting more countries.

I figured as much, but I was just thinking for like flavor. Ya know, foreign characters like traders, ambassadors, mercenaries, etc. could really flesh out the world.
“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” -Charles Bukowski

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:39 am

Albertae wrote:How about the 5 realms all believe in the three gods.
Jorius: God of Fertility and Unfruitfulness(He controls the fertility of women and the how well yours harvests are each year or if you've been a naughty little boy, how bad your harvest will be. Could be a big influence.)

Just add a short history of why they believe this, and it will be made canon.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:41 am

Soutona wrote:
Dijen wrote:There can be, but this is more of an internal conflict, so there is no need for another nearby nation. The map is currently a work in progress, as soon as I finish it anyone may offer suggestions, including suggesting more countries.

I figured as much, but I was just thinking for like flavor. Ya know, foreign characters like traders, ambassadors, mercenaries, etc. could really flesh out the world.

Yeah, I know what you mean. As soon as I finish the map I will create some foreign countries with different relations to Lavell.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

The Four Almighty

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:14 am

How are these four for the gods that the 5 realms believe in?
Aspirius: God of Medicine
Story
The Four Almighty were once mortals like you and. Apirius use to be a mighty soldier who fought his way into the high ranks of the first Lavellian army. He soon came to be a very powerful general who fought many wars. He started wars to end peace, and he finished wars to create peace. He was a man of many honors and it would later on give me powers beyond any mortals. He was chosen by the first God. The God of Wisdom and Serenity. This God soon outlived himself and his power split between for men. Aspirius was a famous Doctor across the lands. All came to see him. He too in the afterlife received godly powers for his prowess in that field. And then there was Xenon, a sly but smart man in many deals. He was a renowned trader across Lavell. He soon was given the same powers. And lastly was Jorius, a man of 14 children and a beautiful wife on a vast farm. His family had been so prosperous and fertile but, nonetheless he was always a humble man. And so the God of Wisdom chose him last. All of these gods were chosen in an order to bring a more serene land together. With war there will be peace, but with all wars they must have coin and food to fuel the soldiers. The God Aspirius comes in to heal the sickly, if they do not make it they move on to Xenon he will produce a miracle for you as long as you give him a good deal or you yourself accept his. And if they do not survive Jorius will give fertility to the next women to want to have a baby to replace the people who have died. Now that the God Apirius has decided that the people must yet again create another war to being serenity to that-that had caused so much hatred and impurity, King Elyas the Young the kinslayer.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:19 am

Just putting it out there the gods do not only contribute to a life and death process but you can offer them offerings and pray to them to speak to you. Example, you could ask Jorius for fertility and prosperity in your realm but perhaps he will ask you to make a deal with Xenon. In the end the gods are meant to bring serenity and peace in some way shape or form to the lands. Another example: Before a battle you can pray to Apirius for help in destroying the enemy and afterwards you can pray to Aspirius for help in saving the lives that are about to be lost.
My Political Compass:

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:29 am

Dijen wrote:
Soutona wrote:What about the countries that surround Lavell? You said that Lavell is an island, so is there a another landmass that Lavell is close to that has other peoples and countries on it?

There can be, but this is more of an internal conflict, so there is no need for another nearby nation. The map is currently a work in progress, as soon as I finish it anyone may offer suggestions, including suggesting more countries.

Can there please be a kingdom named Æþeria, where my char is from.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:33 am

Amuaplye wrote:

This could be very interesting. King Elyas has a civil war on his hands and meanwhile incoming invaders from a continent farther away is about to invade and perhaps that will be peace long enough to stop then? Ooh.
My Political Compass:

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:41 am

Amuaplye wrote:

Sure. Also, does anyone know a good map making software?

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:41 am

Um, can you guys vote on these gods and if you think it needs additions? Because Dijen said he'll add religions and gods but we have choose which we want the realms to believe in.
My Political Compass:

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Dijen wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Can there please be a kingdom named Æþeria, where my char is from.

I use MS paint.
I'm a dude.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Dijen wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Can there please be a kingdom named Æþeria, where my char is from.

I use this, very easy to use! http://inkarnate.com/

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Stop!

This is a stain on the shirt of this RP! We should not reduce the idea of religion, one which is so complex by nature to just simply three Gods!

I propose the following, we a have multi-religious state. There is no dominant religion, since each King chooses whichever one fits hit fancy.

It Which Bears No Name
The following two faiths are both descended from the same original concept, and both have a common deity and holy book, the Record of Heavens. However they differ in interpretation. They are both seen as two distinct sister-religions.

• The Faith of None - This religion is worshiped among the educated middle class and some of the nobility. They believe in a distant, cruel and apathetic creator god/goddess, who they call the It Which Bears No Name, who created the imperfect world we live in. They believe all men are descendants from a glorious heaven-based society who were cast from heaven in the wrath of the It Which Bears No Name. They seek to improve the imperfect world they live in by doing good deeds. This religion has been favoured by few Kings in Lavell, though those who do often have a prosperous and peaceful reign.

• The Faith of Ghosts - This religion believes in the presence of evil spirits everywhere, so they regularly conduct occult ceremonies to appease them. The believe in the It Which Bears No Name, much like the Faith of None, however they believe that their god still has a grasp on the world. Very popular in the Endless Forest, which the superstitious local population believe is inhabited by a manner of dark creatures.

The Faith of the Many Gods
The following religions are all polytheistic in nature and seen as branches of the Faith of the Many Gods. Each branch accepts the validity of another branches gods with a few exceptions.

• The Four Almighty - The four Gods Apirius, Pelian (formerly Aspirius, renamed to avoid confusion with Apirius), Xenon, and Jorius. Worshiped among the farmers. This religion has very little representation with the Crown, however its Gods are often invoked when the King is in Igolthra. The followers of this religion do not generally like King Elyas, as his father who he overthrew was a follower of the Four.

The Four Almighty were once mortals like you and I, a long time ago when Lavell was young. During this time the Wisest of all deities, the God of Wisdom and Serenity, still lived. This God soon outlived himself and his power was split between four men.

The first of these men was Apirius. He used to be a mighty soldier who fought his way into the high ranks of the first Lavellian army. He soon came to be a very powerful general who fought many wars. He started wars to end peace, and he finished wars to create peace. He was a man of many honors and it would later on give him powers beyond any mortal.

The second of these men was Pelian was a famous Doctor across the lands. All came to see him. He too in the afterlife received godly powers for his prowess in that field.

The third of these men was Xenon, a sly but smart man in many deals. He was a renowned trader across Lavell. He soon was given many powers.

And lastly was Jorius, a man who had fourteen children and a beautiful wife on a vast farm. His family had been so prosperous and fertile but, nonetheless he was always a humble man. And so the God of Wisdom chose him last.

All of these gods were chosen in an order to bring a more serene land together. With war there will be peace, but with all wars they must have coin and food to fuel the soldiers. The God Pelian comes in to heal the sickly, if they do not make it they move on to Xenon he will produce a miracle for you as long as you give him a good deal or you yourself accept his. And if they do not survive Jorius will give fertility to the next women to want to have a baby to replace the people who have died.

• Kingdom of Heaven - This religion believes that whoever holds the Crown has been blessed by Heaven and see them as a reincarnation of their defeated Warrior-King-God, Baelynn. Therefore they worship the King as a God, and believe that one day he will be strong enough to lead an Army of the Pious to take control of Heaven and bring his faithful with him. This religion is often favoured by Kings who are seen as illegitimate and wish to strengthen their reign. Baelynn is considered a minor god in the Triad and the Triad are considered a minor God in the Kingdom of Heaven.

• The Religion of Oberion - Oberion was a prosperous merchant who was later deified hundreds of years after his death. He is the god of Fortune, Money and Deals according to his followers, who do not accept the legitimacy of the God Xenon. He is often worshiped in conjunction with Tylos the Goddes of the Sea, as such the two once distinct religions are slowly merging and the two once distinct gods are becoming more like a married couple.

• The Religion of Tylos - Tylos is an ancient Goddess of the Sea. She is often worshiped in conjunction with Oberion. She and Oberion are seen as husband and wife often. They are primarily worshiped among the merchant and fishermen along the coast.

• Firemen - Worship Baxelheric, the God of Fire. They are known to be fanatical. The Army of God, their militia organization often goes on rampages and burns entire villages of non-believers to the ground. They are known for performing human sacrifices. The Firemen mostly live in communities of their own, because heretics are often burned as sacrifices. They have found the ear of a few Kings and the results are almost always disastrous.
Last edited by Cresadine on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Cresadine wrote:

Stop!

This is a stain on the shirt of this RP! We should not reduce the idea of religion, one which is so complex by nature to just simply three Gods!

I propose the following, we a have multi-religious state. There is no dominant religion, since each King chooses whichever one fits hit fancy.

The Faith of None - This religion is worshiped among the educated middle class and some of the nobility. They believe in a distant, cruel and apathetic creator god, who they call the One Who Bears No Name, who created the imperfect world we live in. They believe all men are descendants from a glorious heaven-based society who were cast from heaven in the wrath of the One Who Bears No Name. They seek to improve the imperfect world they live in by doing good deeds. This religion has been favoured by few Kings in Lavell, though those who do often have a prosperous and peaceful reign.

The Faith of Ghosts - This religion believes in the presence of evil spirits everywhere, so they regularly conduct occult ceremonies to appease them. The believe in the One Who Bears No Name, much like the Faith of None, however they believe that their god still has a grasp on the world.

The following religions are all polytheistic in nature and seen as branches of the Faith of the Many Gods. Each branch accepts the validity of another branches gods with a few exceptions.

The Triad - The three Gods Apirius, Xenon, and Jorius. Worshiped among the farmers. This religion has very little representation with the Crown, however its Gods are often invoked when the King is in Igolthra.
Kingdom of Heaven - This religion believes that whoever holds the Crown has been blessed by Heaven and see them as a reincarnation of their defeated Warrior-King-God, Baelynn. Therefore they worship the King as a God, and believe that one day he will be strong enough to lead an Army of the Pious to take control of Heaven and bring his faithful with him. This religion is often favoured by Kings who are seen as illegitimate and wish to strengthen their reign. Baelynn is considered a minor god in the Triad and the Triad are considered a minor God in the Kingdom of Heaven.
The Religion of Ipyi - Ipyi was a prosperous merchant who was later deified hundreds of years after his death. He is the god of Fortune, Money and Deals according to his followers, who do not accept the legitimacy of the God Xenon.
Firemen - Worship Baxelheric, the God of Fire. Their are known to be fanatical. The Army of God, their militia organization often goes on rampages and burns entire villages of non-believers to the ground. They are known for performing human sacrifices.

Perfect you couldn't have said it better friend.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:

Have you any other ideas for Religions? I'm going to keep building on them.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Cresadine wrote:

Stop!

The Faith of None - This religion is worshiped among the educated middle class and some of the nobility. They believe in a distant, cruel and apathetic creator god, who they call the One Who Bears No Name, who created the imperfect world we live in. They believe all men are descendants from a glorious heaven-based society who were cast from heaven in the wrath of the One Who Bears No Name. They seek to improve the imperfect world they live in by doing good deeds. This religion has been favoured by few Kings in Lavell, though those who do often have a prosperous and peaceful reign.

The Faith of Ghosts - This religion believes in the presence of evil spirits everywhere, so they regularly conduct occult ceremonies to appease them. The believe in the One Who Bears No Name, much like the Faith of None, however they believe that their god still has a grasp on the world. Very popular in the Endless Forest, which the superstitious local population believe is inhabited by a manner of dark creatures.

The Triad - The three Gods Apirius, Xenon, and Jorius. Worshiped among the farmers. This religion has very little representation with the Crown, however its Gods are often invoked when the King is in Igolthra.
Kingdom of Heaven - This religion believes that whoever holds the Crown has been blessed by Heaven and see them as a reincarnation of their defeated Warrior-King-God, Baelynn. Therefore they worship the King as a God, and believe that one day he will be strong enough to lead an Army of the Pious to take control of Heaven and bring his faithful with him. This religion is often favoured by Kings who are seen as illegitimate and wish to strengthen their reign. Baelynn is considered a minor god in the Triad and the Triad are considered a minor God in the Kingdom of Heaven.
The Religion of Ipyi - Ipyi was a prosperous merchant who was later deified hundreds of years after his death. He is the god of Fortune, Money and Deals according to his followers, who do not accept the legitimacy of the God Xenon.
Firemen - Worship Baxelheric, the God of Fire. Their are known to be fanatical. The Army of God, their militia organization often goes on rampages and burns entire villages of non-believers to the ground. They are known for performing human sacrifices. The Firemen mostly live in communities of their own, because heretics are often burned as sacrifices. They have found the ear of a few Kings and the results are almost always disastrous.

Iglothra follows The Four Almighty and King Elyas being the apparent reincarnation of the defeated warrior King will be defeated once more!
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:

If anyone wants to play as a barbarian tribe perhaps we will need to create a religion for them, unless they are a non-player.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Could you perhaps add it the story for my gods as you have for the others?
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:

If anyone wants to play as a barbarian tribe perhaps we will need to create a religion for them, unless they are a non-player.

I'm thinking of adding a third religious group. Perhaps a Messianic religion (from another land), which is quickly rising in popularity?

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:

Sure.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:

I'm thinking of adding a third religious group. Perhaps a Messianic religion (from another land), which is quickly rising in popularity?

Albertae wrote:

Sure.

Either the lands that Amuaplye will follow that religion or they will most likely follow a religion you've already created.
My Political Compass:

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:I'm thinking of adding a third religious group. Perhaps a Messianic religion (from another land), which is quickly rising in popularity?

Sure.

Either the lands that Amuaplye will follow that religion or they will most likely follow a religion you've already created.

What? I can at least create a religion for my area.
I'm a dude.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Albertae wrote: Either the lands that Amuaplye will follow that religion or they will most likely follow a religion you've already created.

You can. But you should bring it into what we've already established, so it is more coherent. Maybe your religion could be based of the worship of a god of The Faith of the Many Gods?
Last edited by Cresadine on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Albertae wrote: Either the lands that Amuaplye will follow that religion or they will most likely follow a religion you've already created.

If you want I think Cresadine will add whatever religion you wanted your homelands to follow.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:What? I can at least create a religion for my area.

You can. But you should bring it into what we've already established, so it is more coherent. Maybe your religion be a god of The Faith of the Many Gods?

That would make things easier and more immersive.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:20 pm

I updated everything. I put your story in, Albertae, with a few edits so its meaning is more clear (you had a few confusing phrases here and there.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse