NATION

PASSWORD

The Bonaparte Absence (AH RP/Reboot/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Valloria wrote:But you say that your fleet is large enough to punch a hole through Britain's. So I've got that on my side.

That is a bold claim to have been made...

Naval size from Denmarks app:

-Navy: 12 man o' war, 24 galley, 10 transport

Naval size of Great Britain:
-Navy: Around 350,000 sailors, marines, and other staff. Over 300 ships for military purposes, including supply ships.

And while I obviously have a more spread out fleet thanks to my empire, the fleets guarding Britain itself have always been the strongest of the British navy, so...
Last edited by Segmentia on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Prussia, you know you do not have to fight, I only want Baden and Wurrtemberg to connect Palaniante of the Rhine to Bavaria

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:06 pm

Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Prussia, you know you do not have to fight, I only want Baden and Wurrtemberg to connect Palaniante of the Rhine to Bavaria

I have the chance to get Norway for Sweden, my closes ally and Holestin for me - I am a bit convinced to not let the Western sect join the war if O get that
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Segmentia wrote:
Valloria wrote:But you say that your fleet is large enough to punch a hole through Britain's. So I've got that on my side.

That is a bold claim to have been made...

Naval size from Denmarks app:

-Navy: 12 man o' war, 24 galley, 10 transport

Naval size of Great Britain:
-Navy: Around 350,000 sailors, marines, and other staff. Over 300 ships for military purposes, including supply ships.

And while I obviously have a more spread out fleet thanks to my empire, the fleets guarding Britain itself have always been the strongest of the British navy, so...

Um, did you see that was made from Victoria 2 standard? Never heard of this...Supply ships. Plus that was meant that my naval skill better, or at the very least at par with yours. It may not gonna sunk them all, But it would leave a hole on each and every single one of them

Also Austria, this is why I need Norway. It's useless as hell, but it's really long beach line mean i could host even more ships for my navy by building even more naval bases.
Last edited by Stadenwick on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:36 pm

I didn't base my application on Victoria 2 :)
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Auchterland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auchterland » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Reserving the Kingdom of Sardinia. Which is not just the island, the Duchy of Savoy too. Just to make sure.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Segmentia wrote:I didn't base my application on Victoria 2 :)

:hug: I know, but I just want to say that it's not really comparable that way.

Also it is what we agreed upon, yes?

Austria, it's seems that UK agree to guarantee my independence from Hannover/Sweden entirely (Duchy of Holstein is still okay to be grabbed, I suppose, let's just say it as a payment, kay?), so I probably won't join the cluster hell. I mean maybe, I could sink Dutch and Prussian navy first for you before peacing out separately for small payment and call it a day for our alliance. That way I still honor your alliance and helped you, even for the tiniest bit. I would also help in form of monetary support...How's that sound? I really don't like losing Norway

Also for South Africa, I would still buy it from you if you still offer me. The payment is the ship offer that you speak about earlier for free, and even more money of course.
Last edited by Stadenwick on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:26 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:NS Name: Kingdom of Courland and the Greater Dutch Republic
Nation Name: Kingdom of Sardinia and Savoy, Regno di Sardegna, Sardinia/Sardegna
Head of State: Carlo Alberto di Savoia, King of Sardinia and Duke of Savoy
Head of Government: Carlo Alberto di Savoia, King of Sardinia and Duke of Savoy
Head of Diplomacy: Carlo Alberto di Savoia, King of Sardinia and Duke of Savoy
Territory: In pink

Flag: Here
Demonym: Sardinian
Capital: Turin
Currency: Lira
State/Primary Religion: Roman Catholicism

Government Form: Absolute Monarchy
Ideology: Liberal Monarchist
Foreign Policy: Because of the growing power of Austria and France, which Sardinia-Savoy is squished between, the small country is neutral, but has a strong army and navy, borrowing a page from the Swiss and opting for Armed Neutrality. Sardinia maintains cordial relations with the Two Sicilies, France, Spain, Austria, and the Ottomans, but only to restate its claims of armed neutrality.
Domestic Policy: Since Sardinia has more time to deal with things inside of its country, not many within the county need much. However, the issues of a rising crime rate and the growing number of people who want a limit put on the King's power plague the state's well-being.
Civil Freedoms /10: 7, People are left to do mostly what the want, with some exceptions mandated by the government.
Political Freedoms /10: 4, You can't speak out against the government, but people are allowed to vote for local mayors.
Economic Freedoms /10: 5, The Government and Private Owners roughly equally share the responsibility of keeping the economy up.

Military Size: 180,000 Total
-Army: 30,000 Active, 150,000 Reserve
-Navy: 1 Man-of-War, 3 Wood Frigates, 4 Transport Ships, 300 Servicemembers
-Elite Forces: N/A

Military Description: (ie, quality of equipment, doctrine, etc.)
Strengths and Weaknesses: Very well equipped and large, with all males between the ages of 18 and 40 mandatorily trained and ready to fight at a moments notice. The standing army is relatively small, but the reserves are massive. However, the size of the army makes it hard to supply, having to supply so many soldiers. The reserves have mandatory training once a month, but most of them are trained in rifle usage and bayonet combat, not anything else.

Short Description of Your Nation's Economy: Dominated by trade. Another lesson taken from the Swiss, the nations neutrality means it trades with any and all. It's position on the Mediterranean and the center of Europe make it a trade hub for goods from the Americas, the Middle East, and trade between West and East Europe.
Short Description of Your Nation's Government: Ruled by a monarch absolutely. It's in the name.
Short History of the last 40 years: Same as normal, except no Napoleon or anything. Sardinia-Savoy decides to become neutral because of the rising political crisis in Europe, and focus more inwards.
Population of entire empire: 3,600,000
WIP

Auchterland, here's a rough draft for a Sardinia-Savoy application.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:30 am

Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Prussia, you know you do not have to fight, I only want Baden and Wurrtemberg to connect Palaniante of the Rhine to Bavaria

Kel, I'm gonna be straightforwards with you. Don't do it.
EDIT: I presume no one will listen to Arvenia because colonies, right?
Last edited by The Greater Dutch Republic on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:12 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:

Kel, I'm gonna be straightforwards with you. Don't do it.
EDIT: I presume no one will listen to Arvenia because colonies, right?

Nope

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:38 am

I will only peace out to what was promised. You can still host a bunch of ships if you develop your core. And if you are guaranteed by the UK, I can convince them to retract that as you would kind of be supporting Russia's expansion. That could clear my invasion in which Sweden and I would take a lot more than what I'm asking.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Valloria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:24 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:I will only peace out to what was promised. You can still host a bunch of ships if you develop your core. And if you are guaranteed by the UK, I can convince them to retract that as you would kind of be supporting Russia's expansion. That could clear my invasion in which Sweden and I would take a lot more than what I'm asking.

How about this: In exchange for Norway proper, Holstein, and Schleswig, Denmark will receive Dutch South Africa, Pomerania and Northeast Brandenburg, and an indemnity of 3 million rigsdalers from Prussia. This gives you valuable land and a foothold for colonization. This will actually increase your population by almost 2x, as South Africa and Pomerania have a combined population of 3 million.
JON LOVITZ 2020

Gadrana-Eshil
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gadrana-Eshil » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:43 am

Hmm... trying to figure out a geography term. Like what a contiguous zone is.

Anyways, morning.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:47 am

Gadrana-Eshil wrote:Hmm... trying to figure out a geography term. Like what a contiguous zone is.

Anyways, morning.

This is sort of my area of expertise. Explain what you mean more, and the context of the "zone". Then I can help.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:49 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:I will only peace out to what was promised. You can still host a bunch of ships if you develop your core. And if you are guaranteed by the UK, I can convince them to retract that as you would kind of be supporting Russia's expansion. That could clear my invasion in which Sweden and I would take a lot more than what I'm asking.

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:as you would kind of be supporting Russia's expansion.

Uh-huuh, and I'm imagining you switching side to Austria and start attacking Prussia as well would help the Brits keep the status quo.

See mate, the reason me and Brits make an agreement in the first place IS because Russian expansion, especially her influence over Sweden. If they get too chummy with them, Russia encroachment over Europe, aside from the obvious Prussia cluster-hell would become wider and wider. Who said that some kind of agreement, like Russia bless Sweden attack me for Norway (or even help them, that's strategic as well) is for access for any warm water port Sweden have after that is impossible? This would not only disrupt the status quo Britain worked so hard to maintain, but a chance for Russia to become a colonial power as well, which is the worst scenario since keeping them out from Central Asia in the Great Game is hard enough.

If I peace out as fast as I can, not making any contact with Prussian army (which is faaar more important than their navy) become viable. The same army that would definitely needed to defend against Russia-Austria-Bavaria aggression, which then help the Britain and France winning this whole mess up. British navy also don't need to get down with mine, keeping it pristine for more strategic moves, like say blocking Russia in the Baltic sea, blocking off Black sea, or maybe just Dalmatia.

So in conclusion, NO. Britain literally have more motive to keep me out of war more than you and your Federation to gain more land. I already give you Holstein, for free! That's already should be more that you could ask. I will say it to you once again, you are the lesser partner of the Union. Whatever your ambition may be, it realisticly wouldn't be British priority unless it directly aligned with theirs.

Valloria wrote:How about this: In exchange for Norway proper, Holstein, and Schleswig, Denmark will receive Dutch South Africa, Pomerania and Northeast Brandenburg, and an indemnity of 3 million rigsdalers from Prussia. This gives you valuable land and a foothold for colonization. This will actually increase your population by almost 2x, as South Africa and Pomerania have a combined population of 3 million.

I really, really want to show you how loyal Denmark can be Austria, I really do. But do you know why Denmark was so loyal to France in the Napoleonic war? Norway. Norway isn't just land to Denmark, they fail as that since they're poor as hell. But what make it so precious to Denmark is that it's their brother, their husband, their favourite colony. It's like you asking the Union to just...let go Confederate states. It wouldn't realistically play out, it is part of them. If I really did this, my own subject going to revolt, and my monarch would die. It's like they sign their own resignation on being a monarch and alive, which definitely wouldn't happen especially in this AH.

IF Austria want to reconsider this and guarantee Norway as a sovereign part of Denmark. I may would take the offer to go to arms, but even if my play is colonialism but you won't guarantee it....I'm sorry. This is how loyal Denmark can be.
Last edited by Stadenwick on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:52 am

Also, that was the most passionate speech I have ever write about another country that's no way connected to me in real life in fictional AH roleplay on a internet forum website.

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Gadrana-Eshil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gadrana-Eshil » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:54 am

Sanabel wrote:
Gadrana-Eshil wrote:Hmm... trying to figure out a geography term. Like what a contiguous zone is.

Anyways, morning.

This is sort of my area of expertise. Explain what you mean more, and the context of the "zone". Then I can help.

"Largest country in the Western Hemisphere, with the largest surface area of water. Water figures are land under freshwater only, and do not include internal waters (non-freshwater) of about 1,600,000 km2, territorial sea of 200,000 km2 nor the country's contiguous zone."

In context of Canada, on Wikipedia, regarding largest nations by size ((I got curious about the ones in the middle :/))

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:58 am

Gadrana-Eshil wrote:
Sanabel wrote:This is sort of my area of expertise. Explain what you mean more, and the context of the "zone". Then I can help.

"Largest country in the Western Hemisphere, with the largest surface area of water. Water figures are land under freshwater only, and do not include internal waters (non-freshwater) of about 1,600,000 km2, territorial sea of 200,000 km2 nor the country's contiguous zone."

In context of Canada, on Wikipedia, regarding largest nations by size ((I got curious about the ones in the middle :/))

Well, the contiguous zone is the country's maritime borders. So that's not including the swath of ocean that is deemed to be under their control.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Gadrana-Eshil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gadrana-Eshil » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:03 am

Sanabel wrote:
Gadrana-Eshil wrote:

Well, the contiguous zone is the country's maritime borders. So that's not including the swath of ocean that is deemed to be under their control.

Oh, okay. Thanks ^_^

Gadrana-Eshil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gadrana-Eshil » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:08 am

I have to attack Haiti today :c

Gadrana-Eshil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gadrana-Eshil » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:16 am

Arvenia wrote:
Gadrana-Eshil wrote:
(Image)

THE UNITED KINGDOMS OF PORTUGAL & THE ALGARVES

Written by Gadrana-Eshil

Chapter Two: Letter to FRANCE, Launch on HAITI, A Growing Economy, the Rise of a Kingdom, & an Increasing Army

The United Kingdoms of Portugal and the Algarves
The Decision of the Semi-Professional Defense Force + The Enlargement of Ordenances

Maria II of Portugal, arguable the most active of the two monarchs, and the one who exerted her power the most, was going to make dozens of changes to the Kingdom of Portugal and the Algarves, and in each of its constituent colonies. She was the most beloved of the two ruling monarchs of Portugal, which angered her husband more than he let on, even if it was clear enough to his proud wife. Maria was a different woman than she was before she had become the most powerful woman in Portugal, and that was primarily because of the law that her father had passed before she had become the ruler of the Empire, and even before she had married her husband.

Maria II was a woman that was proud, confident, and utterly brilliant in her administrative rule of the government, and state, alongside a Council of Ministers picked by her, and her husband - most of those on her husband’s side had been swayed to hers, anyways, so that didn’t matter. The point was that Maria was more than capable of tending an entire empire, and, while she rarely made decisions regarding the military, she was just as capable of establishing military order, as she was political order. With that point made clear to those that had tried to depose her, Maria II was unafraid to take action in the economy, industry, and every other major sector of the Portuguese empire.

”Still, I can’t help but to be hesitant when it comes to military actions. There is scarcely a time that I take an action in the military, as Ferdinand often handles those issues.” Maria thought silently to herself, while giving a sigh. She enjoyed the power, but sometimes she noticed things Ferdinand did not in the military, and, thus, acted promptly.

Today, the Kingdom of Portugal and the Algarves was an empire of the setting sun - it was an empire that the rest of Europe was hesitant to befriend, and one that had begun to stagnate because of that damned lack of decisive action that it so badly needed. Other European forces would think of invading Portugal’s continental, and colonial territory, but their sovereignty would not be put at stake by the fools that dared attempt to attack the county, grown into a Kingdom, conquered, freed, and then grown into an empire by the intellect of her ancestors. The Kingdom of Portugal and the Algarves wasn’t going to be felled by one of the recent colonial powers simply because it hadn’t shored up its defenses in a while, and the first thing done would be updates, and reinforcements to all existing fortresses, and castles around the empire.

In addition, Maria had made the decision to begin the recruitment of a semi-professional defense force that would see rapid training, and then deployment, en masse, to every continental, and colonial, province, county, and region, with fortresses being built across the empire to host this new army - the semi-professional defense force would include well over 400,000 men by the end of this year. She would also be increasing the number of each Ordenanças company in the empire, from each town, city, and even municipality from 250 men companies, to 500 men companies, giving them the training of professionals, and incorporating constant training, recruitment always being open, including a high amount of training on the law, and how to act as an officer of the law, and the Ordenanças acting as the police of each area, with current police forces being absorbed into them. Purchases of large amounts of arms from the British would be made to support these new forces, and, now, Portugal would be safe as these military branches were bolstered by funding from the massive amount of gold, and gems that Portugal had in store.

Semi-Autonomy of the Kingdom of the ALGARVES & Establishment of its Military + King Miguel I of the ALGARVES

Unlike in the world we are in now, Miguel had only been deposed from the throne by Maria II of Portugal, and, now was going to be placed in control of the ALGARVES by the two Portuguese monarchs in one of the largest displays of affection towards their kin in a while. Miguel was loyal to Portugal, and with his own kingdom - a kingdom now semi-independent from Portugal - an army, the strengthening of the Algarves, and more granted to him, his loyalty would be enjoyed by Portugal itself. Should this vestige of the empire rise up as it is supposed to, with it establishing its own colonial outposts, somewhere over the horizon, it would be something that the Portuguese crown would smile at.

Miguel had been granted 25,000 men to begin with, and 18 ships, 10 of which are sloops-of-war, not counting troop transports, or anything other support ships, while he also opened up the Foreign Legion of the Kingdom of Algarves, which would see 30,000 men joining it within three months, and 4,000 of the region’s own inhabitants would join the military as well. The Kingdom of Algarves was granted the status of being a secondary government that would be allowed to issue its own laws, but can always be overridden by the primary government, which is the Kingdom of Portugal. If this experiment went well, then the Brazilians would be granted the same right, in time, and that should give them something to be more than proud of, and begin to strengthen the empire as a whole.

As of now, the empire has a second state making up its whole, and King Miguel I of the Kingdom of the Algarves would be gifted a position on the Council of Monarchs that rule over each, and every territory of the Portuguese Empire. For now there were three, but, in time, Brazil would join the Portuguese Empire as a kingdom, and other vassal states would be made of those that dared to stand up in opposition to the Portuguese as they rose in strength. News would take months to travel all throughout Portugal, but everyone would soon know that Miguel I had returned to rule as one of the greatest monarchs ever to exist on the face of the Earth.

The PORTUGUESE Trading Company

Trade, and colonialism are two of the things that most people living in the United Kingdoms of Portugal and the Algarves, in the colonies of its empire, and in the rest of the nations of Europe, not to mention the world, would consider to be the most important to the nation. With the recent attempts to shore up their economy, and even to expand their empire in Asia, Maria II of Portugal has determined that trade, and colonialism should be merged together somehow, to make them something that could intertwine, in some way, shape, or form. That’s why Maria II took inspiration from the trade companies of other nations, and, more specifically, their incredibly close allies back in the United Kingdom of Britain, and Ireland, with this trade company, once founded, hosting the bulk of the changes Maria intends to implement in the economy throughout the empire.

For months now, she had been buying dozens upon dozens of armed merchant ships, which would rise up to 128 ships by the time she had completed purchasing them in 3 months, and these ships are what would make up the naval portion of the Portuguese Trading Company. The Portuguese Trading Company itself would be based in Lisbon, Portugal, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, as well as having locations in the rest of the empire, but would also be active in trading across the seven seas so that the Portuguese Empire could significantly extend their influence. By creating one of the most powerful trading companies ever to exist, and allowing them to trade a large amount of things from Portugal, and the rest of the empire, it could lead to the nation strengthening their rule to the point that they are able to rise from their current name of the empire of the setting sun.

The Portuguese Trading Company would come to have its first portion, which traded actively, and several child companies that created products that could be traded by the Company, with each of these children creating a route that increased profit by a relatively high percentage. The Queen would be more than happy with the Portuguese Trading Company, as it set out to each portion of the empire, and began to trade on an absolutely massive scale that would enable Portugal in global economics. In the future, the Portuguese Trading Company might come to be known as the greatest trade company ever to be created, and lead to Portugal reclaiming its rightful position as a powerhouse economy in Europe.

The Crown Jewels + PORTUGUESE Pen, Co. (A child corporation of the PORTUGUESE Trading Company) + The Platinum Era of PORTUGAL + The PORTUGAL Royal Creations, Co. (A child corporation of the PORTUGUESE Trading Company)

The Portuguese Crown Jewels had been separated, and spread across the European continent, with only a fraction of the crown jewels remaining in what should be the most prolific set of jewels, and precious metals in the whole of Europe. Now, Ferdinand II was going to begin to re-establish the Crown Jewels of Portugal, while also allowing Miguel I to create the Crown Jewels of the Kingdom of the Algarves, which should allow the Portuguese to make a show of wealth. This would be but one of many shows of wealth in the coming months, and it would tap into the large reserves of gems, and gold that Portugal had acquired over many years, and would continue to acquire so that their gold would shine so brightly that Russia could see it.

Three crowns would be made for both of the monarchs of Portugal, and Miguel I of the Kingdom of the Algarves, with the first crown, the one belonging to Ferdinand II, being made out of gold, like the others, with diamonds, and rubies in it, the second crown, the one belong to Maria II, being made out of gold, with diamonds and sapphire in it, and the third crown, belong to Miguel I, would be made out of gold, and have diamonds, and emeralds embedded in it. The Mantle of Miguel I would be made for the King of the Algarves as his personal mantle, while three, movable, solid Portuguese marble thrones made out of gold, and adorned with jewels were issued for each of the monarchs. Scepters of varying values, and compositions would be made for each member of the royal family of Portugal, and for those noble families who had married into the royal family, such as Ferdinand’s noble house, each made out of precious materials.

Maria II would commission the royal smiths for three dip pens made from platinum, with an alloyed gold nib, and embedded with gems, with these being stored in an ironwood box made out of the rarest ironwood from Brazil. This would lead to several actions being fulfilled, with the first being the founding of the Portuguese Pen, Co., which made high-quality pens, and inks for both the wealthy and the masses, with it being a child company of the Portuguese Trading Company.
The Portuguese Pen, Co. would quickly become the most popular pen creation company in the whole of Portugal, with each pen made being beautiful, unique, and granting people the right to hold something created by the skilled craftsmen that forged the writing utensils of their most loved monarch.

The second action that occurred from the creation of the platinum dip pens would be the realization of the value of platinum by Portugal, and the value of Brazil very promptly rising as Portugal began to stockpile pure platinum ingots, and bullion, alongside more gold and silver ingots, and bullion. They would start to offer certificates for these things, and create stock in the Portuguese trading company, while also creating a stock, and patent system with copyright, and intellectual property laws (relatively basic intellectual property laws, and nothing as advanced as today’s). The royal smiths, and gem workers would be merged with hundreds of other craftsmen into the Portugal Royal Creations, Co. which recruits craftsmen daily, begins minting precious metals, and creating everything from scepters and crowns, to furniture, and decor, for both the masses, and the wealthy.

The Portuguese Royal Creations Company would have branches in Brazil, the UK, and would begin to hope to establish itself across Europe itself, and it, along with the Portuguese Imperial, Pen, Co. is a child company of the Portuguese Trade Company. It was something that led to an incredibly innate sense of individual capability on the part of the Portuguese, as their economy began to grow both in its borders, and outside of its own empire, so that the Portuguese might one day eradicate poverty. Already they had a much lower poverty rate, having seen a 43% decrease when they started their actions, and in a year, or two another 20% to 40% would be cut off of poverty rate.

PORTUGUESE Forestry & Agricultural Company, the PORTUGUESE Fishery Society, and the PORTUGUESE Fur Trading, Co. (All children companies of the PORTUGUESE Trading Company)

When it comes to the empire of Portugal, and its resources, it isn’t a question of whether or not Portugal has these resources, or only one of if Portugal knows about these resources, but also a question of if Portugal has spent time on preparing to harness these resources, and created the proper groups to harness them. The answer to the latter question is a stern “almost”, meaning that Portugal, while knowing about these resources, hasn’t sewn enough of the seeds for them to take full control of them, and use them to reinforce the economy to the point that Portugal can easily sustain itself. This answer is one of the reasons why Portugal has begun to suffer from a stagnating economy, which has led to nearly everything else stagnating, which has led to a difficult time for them, overall - now, Maria II is seeing to it that every portion of their resources be tapped into in a series of actions that will define the Portuguese economy for the next century.

In what is the second, or third set of actions that make enough headway in Portugal to significantly lower the poverty rate, and allow people to become wealthier, while granting Portugal the resources to do more than it had previously done, three different children companies of the Portuguese Trading Company will be created on this day. Maria II of Portugal has, as of this moment, founded the Portuguese Forestry & Agricultural Company, the Portuguese Fishery Society, and the Portuguese Fur Trading, Co., all of which will be active across Portugal and the Algarves, and its respectable colonies. Each of these new divisions will do something incredibly important for Portugal, leading to the Portuguese most likely acquiring their right to claim to be one of the greatest economic powers in Portugal, within a couple of years of development, and then some more years of using the economy to make a point.

The Portuguese Forestry & Agricultural Company will attempt to fulfill goals regarding forestry products, acquiring wood to deliver via the Portuguese Trading Company, giving wood to other divisions to make things, while also focusing heftily on developing the empire’s agriculture. While agriculture inside of Portugal is unlikely to succeed without heavily grafted plants, the agricultural portion of the company is granted a relatively high amount of gold each year to engage in agricultural efforts in places such as Brazil, and the southern colonies of Africa. New variants of plants will be created through grafting, while a focus on creating farms in Brazil, taking advantage of Brazilian gifts will grant Portugal a great position in providing foodstuffs to South America, and using various preserved foodstuffs to ship to Europe, with seeds being included in this.

The Portuguese Fishery Society is most likely the most important of the three new children companies of what will soon be the legendary Portuguese Trading Company, and is to be most active in the islands Portugal owns, as well as the African colonies, and Brazil. The possibility for a massive amount of fisheries hasn’t exactly been taken advantage of until now, and, because of the actions of the Portugal, a large amount of fish can be acquired, and dispersed throughout their colonies with ease. You see, the resource that is fish hasn’t been tapped into much, if at all, and the Portuguese Fishery Society will deliver food, while better ensuring that an absolutely massive industry can be taken full advantage of.

The last of these three children companies is one that is sure to drastically increase the amount of pay that Portugal is getting from each area of its empire, as it is the Portuguese Fur Trading, Co., which, of course, has delved deep to acquire furs to sell across the world. High quality furs of every animal type are to be sought out, and highly skilled hunters working in the name of the Portuguese Empire so that the company is able easily make sure that they can exert their influence upon the industry. Thousands of gold coins per day should soon be making way into the coffers of the Portuguese, the hands of those being paid, and all of those people that will be enabling the Portuguese to make a rather hefty amount of money off of the resources that are in their waters, and in their ground.

Now, the benefit of having specialized divisions of the Portuguese Trading Company is that large, specialized divisions will do more than individuals, or smaller groups not funded by the Company, nor the Portuguese Crown would be capable of doing. That way, they make more profit, are wider spread, work in-synchronization, and grant Portugal more than the ability to improve their economy, but also the ability to feed the masses, educate those who want to join the Trade Company, or these specialized divisions, and, better yet, acquire dominance in every area. The resources of Portugal, and its empire are to be cherished, but aren’t to be left alone in a stupid manner that the people of the past haven’t used to take advantage of their resources, as the resources are there, the Portuguese know about them, and, until Maria II, the nation hasn’t really taken full advantage of them.

BRAZILIAN Exportations + Agricultural Breeding

Brazil is Portugal’s most valuable colony, and one of the most valuable colonies in the world, with is representing the cradle of gold, gems, and hope for all those who go there, and explore in its resources. Brazil is the host to oil for the Industrial Revolution, gold and diamonds for all those who wish for them, and is going to be the heart of Portugal’s attempts to enforce its rule over the economic state of the Europe, my taking full advantage of its resources. One of the actions fulfilled by the Portuguese to do this would be the beginning of mass exporations of Brazilian rice, corn, coffee, oranges, apples, lemons, nuts, grapes, pears, and sugar, as well as the exportation of oil, gems, and other equally valuable resources, to all European nations.

Building of the Ships

The Portuguese Navy was one of the world’s most powerful sea-faring military forces, and had been for the last several hundred years - in fact, it’s been in the top five since the Portuguese Empire had begun, and would continue to be under the rule of Ferdinand II. Ferdinand has sent to the royal shipyards a letter requesting, and blueprints detailing over half a dozen ships-of-the-line to be built. Included was Portugal’s first 182 gun first-rate ship, and the first first-rate ship they’d have, in fact, and then there was a request for three second-rate ships, and six third-rate ships.

All of these ships were made out of Brazilian ironwood, and reinforced with steel for strength (not ironclad, though, simply reinforced), and stability on the sea, and in combat, while artillery and mortars were placed on each of the ships in exchange for 20 or so guns on each of the ships. The long-ranged capabilities of the ships would be enhanced by the mathematicians that had been trained in the use of these weapons, and would be serving aboard the ships. Once the first-rate ship had been created, it would be placed in ordinary - this meant that it wouldn’t be out on the open sea, and could stay active for significantly longer than most ships are capable of staying active.

While this happened, Portuguese ships were going to be renovated with steel reinforcements in the slow machination that were the orders of the King of Portugal, as he attempted to improve the naval forces of the kingdom’s forces (though not all at once, of course). Portugal was a great nation, with the fourth greatest navy in all of Europe, but once it had acquired a first-rate ship, and a significant amount of these new generation ships, it may be able to eclipse the weakened French forces. This would be followed by a period of time in which these actions were fulfilled, and, once completed, there would probably see more, similar orders of these ships, but in much higher amounts made, though they would probably lack a first-rate ship order, since those were so large.

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Launch from BRAZIL to HAITI

• 18,000 men are being transported with an escort of 3 second rates, and 6 third-rate ships to the land of Haiti
  • Once there, they shall lay siege to the nation
  • I expect a reply in your next post

Letter to FRANCE

To the French,
More Specifically
The Head of French Diplomacy
Hughes Bernard-Maret

“The Portuguese Empire hopes to ally itself with the French in the hopes that your great dynasty, the progenitors of our current rulers, and with your royal family being our cousins that means that our nations would simply be brought closer together.

I additionally hope to use our future relationship to become closer with the Spanish, and quell some of the issues that our respective empires, both great, have with each other.

The Portuguese are old, weary, and tired of war, and conflict with our fellow Europeans, and especially our most beloved cousins. Together, France, Spain, Portugal, and the United Kingdoms would be the greatest alliance ever to exist. We could stand against the might of those plotting in the West, and aid each other in great developments.

In exchange, we are willing to offer you a stake in recent, and upcoming changes to the Portuguese economy, which will see poverty cut by an additional 40%, and overall income improved by more than 30%, as well as access to many of our resources.

Sincerely,
Your Beloved Cousin,
The Co-Monarch of the Portuguese Empire
Maria II of Portugal

Continuations of Previous Posts + Effects of Previous Posts + Other Info

• Expansions in Mozambique, Angola, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, & Madagascar continue
  • The continue begin their multiple week journey to Saudi Arabia, where they will land with over 40,000 soldiers
  • Territory has been acquired in Mozambique, Angola, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, & Madagascar
  • The Portuguese Spice Traders Conglomerate has become a part of the Portuguese Trading Company
  • Maria II gives birth to a son, and named him Marcellus I

Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Alexandre Petion had many friends of white Haitian and Latino origin. He was also a friend of an American from Boston. He decided to send a message to European countries. He wants to betray his country's oppressive regime.
To: European Countries
From: Petionists (liberal party of Haiti/soon-to-be rebel movement)
Dear European leaders, my country has oppressed your people and treated them as slaves. But I am sick of it. I want Haiti to be free. Slavery is inhumane. Whites and blacks shall have rights together. I need your help if your forces has arrived to the island. I am worried that this will go worse. Please, Haiti wants to be a country still after the coming war. Understood? I promise that your people won't be enslaved anymore. I promise. I will modernize and democratize Haiti after your forces has arrived and freed it from the evil Jean-Jacques Dessalines and his servant Henri Christophe.

Sincerly, Alexandre Pétion

Caribbean Sea
European merchant ships has been hijacked and stolen by the Haitian military while travelling in Haitian waters. Their crewmembers has been taken as slaves in the Haitian mainland and sold to Haitian noblemen and Haitian freemen.

With the lack of an actual reply, and clear godmodding on their part[enslaving your own citizens, and capturing the property of another player are two completely different things], I've decided to retcon attacking Haiti >_>

You guys okay with this?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:19 am

Gadrana-Eshil wrote:
Arvenia wrote:Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Alexandre Petion had many friends of white Haitian and Latino origin. He was also a friend of an American from Boston. He decided to send a message to European countries. He wants to betray his country's oppressive regime.
To: European Countries
From: Petionists (liberal party of Haiti/soon-to-be rebel movement)
Dear European leaders, my country has oppressed your people and treated them as slaves. But I am sick of it. I want Haiti to be free. Slavery is inhumane. Whites and blacks shall have rights together. I need your help if your forces has arrived to the island. I am worried that this will go worse. Please, Haiti wants to be a country still after the coming war. Understood? I promise that your people won't be enslaved anymore. I promise. I will modernize and democratize Haiti after your forces has arrived and freed it from the evil Jean-Jacques Dessalines and his servant Henri Christophe.

Sincerly, Alexandre Pétion

Caribbean Sea
European merchant ships has been hijacked and stolen by the Haitian military while travelling in Haitian waters. Their crewmembers has been taken as slaves in the Haitian mainland and sold to Haitian noblemen and Haitian freemen.

With the lack of an actual reply, and clear godmodding on their part[enslaving your own citizens, and capturing the property of another player are two completely different things], I've decided to retcon attacking Haiti >_>

You guys okay with this?

Well I don't think seizing merchant ships is actual godmodding.

And you need to remember that just because he didn't reply doesn't mean he's not going to. Without a clear timescale it makes things difficult, especially with letters, as they take 4 weeks to get a response going from Portugal to Haiti.

Gadrana-Eshil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gadrana-Eshil » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:21 am

Sanabel wrote:
Gadrana-Eshil wrote:

You guys okay with this?

Well I don't think seizing merchant ships is actual godmodding.

And you need to remember that just because he didn't reply doesn't mean he's not going to. Without a clear timescale it makes things difficult, especially with letters, as they take 4 weeks to get a response going from Portugal to Haiti.

Hm, well, our ships would be there in less than a week.

And, uhm, with my recent actions, regarding a certain large merchant fleet, and particular European trading company? Yeah, definitely a jab, and definitely godmodding, since I have counted the fleet in my own navy :P You can't seize a nation's merchant ships, when they put a focus on it, out of nowhere.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:28 am

Gadrana-Eshil wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Well I don't think seizing merchant ships is actual godmodding.

And, uhm, with my recent actions, regarding a certain large merchant fleet, and particular European trading company? Yeah, definitely a jab, and definitely godmodding, since I have counted the fleet in my own navy :P You can't seize a nation's merchant ships, when they put a focus on it, out of nowhere.

But isn't merchant ship is...for merchant? You know the kind that owned by private and not the state?

I don't know though so don't quote me on this.

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:40 am

Gadrana-Eshil wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Well I don't think seizing merchant ships is actual godmodding.

But there would still need to be some communication between Lisbon and Brazil, because Brazil can't act on its own. Or can it? Because then you might be giving too much autonomy to the colonies. As for transatlantic shipping: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 052AAoBKdV

And merchant shipping. Merchant shipping in this day and age is largely unprotected. The age of piracy is over, and there haven't been any large wars for quite some time now. So, merchant shipping is usually quite safe. Like Wicky said, merchant ships belong to private companies, not to the state. So, they would be unprotected by soldiers or warships. Meaning that seizing them is quite easy to do, really.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse