NATION

PASSWORD

Varsity Row - Official HQ (RP Group/Studio) [OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Tarnen wrote:Same.

Fantastic, the goal of the lore, in the end, is just to make it as commonplace as general history is today. We have our kids recite the presidents, this world does the same......with the Elven Kings, Human Presidents, and Demonic Oligarchy

I was thinking more along the lines of helping with names of local establishments and places, cause you know immersion is good in Rp's.

As with all good cop things, we need a bar. lol

Relikai wrote:Ok.

So Seraphim has been condemned despite efforts to keep it going...?

I had posted a while back that i would have to be cutting down my NS time, and that i had to drop it, i had to do the same with other Rp's as well, which kind of sucked.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I had posted a while back that i would have to be cutting down my NS time, and that i had to drop it, i had to do the same with other Rp's as well, which kind of sucked.

It's a pity, but I meant for the OP and Co-Ops.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Tarnen wrote:Same.

Fantastic, the goal of the lore, in the end, is just to make it as commonplace as general history is today. We have our kids recite the presidents, this world does the same......with the Elven Kings, Human Presidents, and Demonic Oligarchy

Sounds like a hoot
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Tarnen wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Fantastic, the goal of the lore, in the end, is just to make it as commonplace as general history is today. We have our kids recite the presidents, this world does the same......with the Elven Kings, Human Presidents, and Demonic Oligarchy

Sounds like a hoot

So would the supernatural have always been present or would it have been secret, and only revealed relatively recently, or something like that, cause if so I might have a synopsis from one of my numerous un published and unfinished stories that could be tailored to to fit the rp, a little.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Relikai wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I had posted a while back that i would have to be cutting down my NS time, and that i had to drop it, i had to do the same with other Rp's as well, which kind of sucked.

Seraphim is complicated, in that Josh and I both recognize a lot of you were very passionate about it. At the same time, however, both of us had a lot of stuff cropping up irl (josh was away from internet, I had work and school), and we realized that desperately texting one another plotlines and confusions ended up really souring us from the idea. We may re-visit it someday, but our schedules and our lack of passion for the story led us to not really know where to turn with it next.

I hate to shut down a project after interest is shown, but it wasn't viable any longer to either of us. :/
:^)

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Aona wrote:
Relikai wrote:

Seraphim is complicated, in that Josh and I both recognize a lot of you were very passionate about it. At the same time, however, both of us had a lot of stuff cropping up irl (josh was away from internet, I had work and school), and we realized that desperately texting one another plotlines and confusions ended up really souring us from the idea. We may re-visit it someday, but our schedules and our lack of passion for the story led us to not really know where to turn with it next.

I hate to shut down a project after interest is shown, but it wasn't viable any longer to either of us. :/

That's rather unfortunate, I was just about to put in an application when I heard the news.

As a note for the group: for any fantasy RPs/RPs that require a language I would be happy to employ the use of the conlang (still haven't though of a name!!). It would be great to open up the idea to a community, and I would love it if I could get input!!! :) :)
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Cresadine wrote:That's rather unfortunate, I was just about to put in an application when I heard the news.

As a note for the group: for any fantasy RPs/RPs that require a language I would be happy to employ the use of the conlang (still haven't though of a name!!). It would be great to open up the idea to a community, and I would love it if I could get input!!! :) :)

I agree. As an OP, I try my best to ensure that a RP stays active as long as there are participants available and interested, but I haven't experienced a burn-out on a world/setting/story/etc like that in a very long time. With VR coming out, I didn't want to discourage Josh or myself from different ideas that we would end up feeling more passionately about.

In regards to your language, though, fear not! Every Staff member and probably most people here have their roots in fantasy rp. I make at least two a year, so I'd love updates whenever you have them :)

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Aona wrote:
Cresadine wrote:That's rather unfortunate, I was just about to put in an application when I heard the news.

I agree. As an OP, I try my best to ensure that a RP stays active as long as there are participants available and interested, but I haven't experienced a burn-out on a world/setting/story/etc like that in a very long time. With VR coming out, I didn't want to discourage Josh or myself from different ideas that we would end up feeling more passionately about.

In regards to your language, though, fear not! Every Staff member and probably most people here have their roots in fantasy rp. I make at least two a year, so I'd love updates whenever you have them :)

Cool. Just need to figure out how to get all the graphs and tables online. *cry-laugh*
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Well, there's still a slightly active community in the RP.

Probably be running side quests or something until main plot pushers can return.

If there are any appers we'll still be open.

Would be a waste to just have what's established so far get washed away, but maybe it's because I invested that much time and effort into the RP with several other collaborating characters.
Last edited by Relikai on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Tarnen wrote:Sounds like a hoot

So would the supernatural have always been present or would it have been secret, and only revealed relatively recently, or something like that, cause if so I might have a synopsis from one of my numerous un published and unfinished stories that could be tailored to to fit the rp, a little.

Honestly either would be fun, if it was recently revealed they could be fuming about trying to figure at what they're supposed to be doing

But I'm thinking if we really wanna make it mundane, have the forces of heaven and hell been present for years and years prior

But on the topic of bars, a good old fashion Irish Pub with a Mc in the name seems like a great fit
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:16 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Honestly either would be fun, if it was recently revealed they could be fuming about trying to figure at what they're supposed to be doing

But I'm thinking if we really wanna make it mundane, have the forces of heaven and hell been present for years and years prior

But on the topic of bars, a good old fashion Irish Pub with a Mc in the name seems like a great fit

I'm in support of it being a mix of normal and spooky. Like, McGlysotheles's :P

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:28 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Maybe, in the 1800's or so, supernatural beings were revealed to the world.

Mc Grania's It means full of sinister intentions.

and we need a vampire Bartender, why?, just cause.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Maybe, in the 1800's or so, supernatural beings were revealed to the world.

"Bar's closed, I'm going to sleep" descends into coffin

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Aona wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Maybe, in the 1800's or so, supernatural beings were revealed to the world.

"Bar's closed, I'm going to sleep" descends into coffin

*floats bottles lazily in the air as a bar trick"

"That's cheating."

"Actually it's alcohol, now shut up or get out."

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Aona wrote:"Bar's closed, I'm going to sleep" descends into coffin

*floats bottles lazily in the air as a bar trick"

"That's cheating."

Are all supernatural beings all, humans are cattle, or what?
Is their open war between humans and other beings or is their a peacekeeping thing of some sort, that tries to stem the flow of human blood or something?

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Joshulia wrote:*floats bottles lazily in the air as a bar trick"

"That's cheating."

Are all supernatural beings all, humans are cattle, or what?
Is their open war between humans and other beings or is their a peacekeeping thing of some sort, that tries to stem the flow of human blood or something?

I feel like demons would generally be highly hostile and volatile group that runs most of the large gangs and crime families in the area, creating a situation where no one is officially at war but they basically are. Then the Heavenly Host could sort of act like the Feds, they come down every so often and take over whatever case they want, generally acting like self righteous dicks with a hard on for protocol.

The rest of the beasts fall somewhere else on the spectrum, mainly they'll act like humans and have human desires but every so often a werewolf will decide to tear up a Costco becuse they didn't stock his brand of paper towels that week.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Are all supernatural beings all, humans are cattle, or what?

I feel like demons would generally be highly hostile and volatile group that runs most of the large gangs and crime families in the area, creating a situation where no one is officially at war but they basically are. Then the Heavenly Host could sort of act like the Feds, they come down every so often and take over whatever case they want, generally acting like self righteous dicks with a hard on for protocol.

The rest of the beasts fall somewhere else on the spectrum, mainly they'll act like humans and have human desires but every so often a werewolf will decide to tear up a Costco becuse they didn't stock his brand of paper towels that week.

Will the nonhuman's have weakness's or no, just to make the cop's work harder.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Joshulia wrote:I feel like demons would generally be highly hostile and volatile group that runs most of the large gangs and crime families in the area, creating a situation where no one is officially at war but they basically are. Then the Heavenly Host could sort of act like the Feds, they come down every so often and take over whatever case they want, generally acting like self righteous dicks with a hard on for protocol.

Will the nonhuman's have weakness's or no, just to make the cop's work harder.

Traditional weaknesses Id assume

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Will the nonhuman's have weakness's or no, just to make the cop's work harder.

Traditional weaknesses Id assume

But Angels traditionally have no weakness :P
Last edited by Tarnen on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

The Hobbesian Metaphysician
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:30 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL

VARSITY ROW - APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP

GOGAPP

Name: The Hobbesian Metaphysician or Hobbes will do.

How Long Have You been RP'ing?: On, and off since my first nation in 2008.

Preferred Genres: I can go with fantasy as long as the idea interests as has your roleplay. Now I love exploring after the end, and before the end tropes within roleplays as many of my ideas cover. Cosmic horror by HP Lovecraft, and other authors in the mythos is one of my guilty pleasures. Religious Horror tropes from movies such as Evil Dead (the original), and the Exorcist I participate in. Exploration amongst the decay of the modern world, isolation, psychological tropes, and trauma I invests my time in as way. As you saw with some of the issues with my character in Seraphim.

Why do you RP?: Started out with a fascination of horror by Stephen King, but I felt the need to simply go above books. On an old chat "radio" from a zombie roleplaying "radio" server long ago in the past we explored various themes, and ideas. The roleplays themselves were impermanent since the radio had to reshuffle to make space for new ones (kind of like forum 7). When the server put a level cap on I drifted from site to site for a few years, and then stumbled upon nation-states. In 2008 there were no forums yet so I mainly was stuck to online gaming, and roleplaying. Then something magical happened in 2009, and the forums were born on this site.

My roleplays have always been hit, and miss. Sometimes it was a good idea, but the apathy of roleplayers let it die. Other times the execution came off badly, and those enlisted fled from it like the rp was a sinking ship. Then 1% of the ideas went off without a hitch, and were moderately successful. Outside of my own rps I role play to take my mind off the things I am dealing with, and try to explore outside of my comfortable niche in NSG.

I have some ideas I am afraid to put out due to the very mixed reception, but that fear has also caused them to stifle. Hopefully joining this group will allow me to come out of the shell more often.

OP experience? (Y/N): Incredibly Limited on PT2M considering most of my roleplays back in the day took place in the old version of Forum 7.

My Roleplaying Strengths Are: I tend to do pretty good when it comes to create worlds, and reasons for their existence. The execution most certainly could use a lot of work since my narratives feel rather omniscient in certain aspects. Exposition is another strength, but again it needs work.

Name of Sponsoring Member, If Any: Going in alone I am afraid.

RP Examples: Given most of them are so long forgotten trawling through my various nations wouldn't be worth it I am afraid not. Out of respect I won't site the two rps I am in since they are active.
I am just going to lay it out here, I am going to be very blunt.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:50 am

I have an idea for the Bartender and how to introduce the Bar.

Douglass Finnegan: goes by Finney, speaks with a thick Irish brogue. Is a big barrel chested bear of a man. if we really wnat him to be a vampire, i have some ideas for that as well.

There could be the normal cop bar, then the irish pub is introduced during a case, and our charcters at tleast become patron's. Though i am guessing you are aiming for a slightly more humorous rp, than serious, which means many of my ideas, wouldnt work.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:05 am

Knock knock!
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 am

The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:~

Nice Undertale flag! :D

Accepted! Glad to have you :)

Also to answer for him Shadow: It's definetely more comedy-focused. Some seriousness, but mostly humor.
Last edited by Aona on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks for accepting me into the group. :)

Joshulia wrote:Alright, heres an Rp pitch that is completely open to edits or suggestions from anyone

Chicago is a rough place as it is, gangs and crime run rampant alongside corrupt politicians who stand only for reelection. To make matters worse, this version of Chicago is one where humans have evolved alongside vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and other beasts of the night who prey upon them. This is a story about survival.

Or rather, the 32nd precinct in downtown Chicago and the police and detectives who staff it. Their problems include the paperwork involved with the war on the demonic, dealing with inept glory seekers who cycle through as their CO, dispersing stoner vampires and werewolves who just decided to light one up behind a Chili's, and, occasionally, helping run a sting operation to blow the lid off the underground gnome trafficking network.

In a premise where Supernatural meets Brooklyn 99, the most normal cops you could possibly imagine are dropped into a world of magic and mystery, and completely accept their true position on the food chain.

I like the fact that you've gone for mundane characters surrounded by a world of weird.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Would all the cops be normal or what?

I ask as i have an idea, that coul;d add a humorous , there is one cop who always gets bitten or turned or dies, but the next time we see him he is fine, and the only explanation is either "Magic, duh", or "we stopped asking after the third funeral"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse