NATION

PASSWORD

Varsity Row - Official HQ (RP Group/Studio) [OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Illan wrote:I find Fo3 to be deeper than F4, but not as much as New Vegas. That being said, I put countless more hours into Fallout 3 than Fallout 4.

That's what I've heard. However, NV is such a masterpiece of content, that I don't know if any fallout game can top it in my mind. I love the neo-western atmosphere too much as a setting.

Shadowwell wrote:Aona, i like the idea of that rp, but i find it lacking, in what i dont know, it is just a feeling. you probably intended for it to be a pretty open-ended rp, and that may have been the problem.

yea, I get where you're coming from. The lack of direction was due mostly to quick posting and a fear of giving away too much plot detail.

In reality, the RP would play like a episodic show, with a new silly mystery every time things died down. So there'd be interaction, followed by an overarching mystery for the characters to 'solve' every 5-10 pages or so. For example, the first one was going to be a squid invasion. Don't ask me why.

I figured that with a more personal cast, the transition would be easier, as you all could have a generally better idea as to how the plot would be paced.
:^)

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Tarnen wrote:Ha nerds

Hey babe

<3
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Tarnen wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Hey babe

<3

TARNATION
I've been meaning to use that nickname for years carry on
Last edited by Aona on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:58 pm

Aona wrote:
Tarnen wrote:<3

TARNATION
I've been meaning to use that nickname for years carry on

Yea. No.
My RPs:

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:08 pm

I also like to submit my current rp Worst Heroes Ever - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=369834
My RPs:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Tarnen wrote:Ha nerds

I prefer the term Connoisseur of knowledge, much more nerdy than the title of mere nerd.

Aona
Maybe give more details about the town, ie shops and the like, possibly some that PC's could work at when they are saving the world from alien squids, or whatever.

EDIT: i am assuming that counts as an invite? Tarnen.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Aona
Maybe give more details about the town, ie shops and the like, possibly some that PC's could work at when they are saving the world from alien squids, or whatever.

Good plan. This was coming off of some disappointment regarding the fear of too much detail some people evidently had in my rp's, so I appreciate it. Anyone else liking the idea? I'm still hoping to re-boot it at some point.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:39 am

Aona wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Aona

Good plan. This was coming off of some disappointment regarding the fear of too much detail some people evidently had in my rp's, so I appreciate it. Anyone else liking the idea? I'm still hoping to re-boot it at some point.

I have an idea to possibly make the intro better, if you want to hear it.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Aona wrote:Good plan. This was coming off of some disappointment regarding the fear of too much detail some people evidently had in my rp's, so I appreciate it. Anyone else liking the idea? I'm still hoping to re-boot it at some point.

I have an idea to possibly make the intro better, if you want to hear it.

go fort it. Can't guarantee it doesnt conflict with anything, but let's hear it ^^

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:48 am

Not as late as usual, but here I am. Would've replied to TG, but I wanted to see what the hell spawned from the idea first before I joined.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:03 am

Aona wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I have an idea to possibly make the intro better, if you want to hear it.

go fort it. Can't guarantee it doesnt conflict with anything, but let's hear it ^^

Well it was going to be something like this:

Ahh, Outrey, a lovely town, nestled (somewhere, then give a description of the town, brief of course, but enough to provide a good mental map. Something like down the main street of the little town there is this shop and that shop, maybe personalize it a little by adding names of the owners of the shops or something)
That is only on the surface however, beneath the surface it is a nest of Psychos, Psychic's, and all other sort of folk.
Recently this small sleepy town has gotten a visitor in the form of Jericho Hohn, A hotshot detective, sent here after a particularly controversial incident. He was sent here to cool off, as well as to punished with what his superiors and him thought was a small town that would be rife with boredom for him, little did they know how wrong they were.

There wouldnt need to be specifics however, until someone needs it, then they could pitch an idea for what is needed. Mainly my idea would hopefully allow you to
A). Provide a map of sorts for Rp'ers.
B). Give details about the town without being too explicit.
C). Give details about the rp with same above pros.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:45 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Aona wrote:go fort it. Can't guarantee it doesnt conflict with anything, but let's hear it ^^

Well it was going to be something like this:

Ahh, Outrey, a lovely town, nestled (somewhere, then give a description of the town, brief of course, but enough to provide a good mental map. Something like down the main street of the little town there is this shop and that shop, maybe personalize it a little by adding names of the owners of the shops or something)
That is only on the surface however, beneath the surface it is a nest of Psychos, Psychic's, and all other sort of folk.
Recently this small sleepy town has gotten a visitor in the form of Jericho Hohn, A hotshot detective, sent here after a particularly controversial incident. He was sent here to cool off, as well as to punished with what his superiors and him thought was a small town that would be rife with boredom for him, little did they know how wrong they were.

There wouldnt need to be specifics however, until someone needs it, then they could pitch an idea for what is needed. Mainly my idea would hopefully allow you to

Gah, I heard Jerico and thought it was Dragons and Desperados

An Rp I'll formally submit to the "If We Ever Wanna Reboot" Bin
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 am

Joshulia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Well it was going to be something like this:

Gah, I heard Jerico and thought it was Dragons and Desperados

Can you remind me what Dragons and Desperados was? It sounds familiar to me. I assume fantasy mixed with western?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:46 am

Illan wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Gah, I heard Jerico and thought it was Dragons and Desperados

Can you remind me what Dragons and Desperados was? It sounds familiar to me. I assume fantasy mixed with western?

Exactly, it's the logical progression of a magical world with humans taking on the role of early America and other magical beings being forced to survive in an advancing world

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Illan wrote:

Exactly, it's the logical progression of a magical world with humans taking on the role of early America and other magical beings being forced to survive in an advancing world

Shit, I wanna do that just so I can be a dragon riding bounty hunter with a lever-action rifle.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Illan wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Exactly, it's the logical progression of a magical world with humans taking on the role of early America and other magical beings being forced to survive in an advancing world

Shit, I wanna do that just so I can be a dragon riding bounty hunter with a lever-action rifle.

That would be pretty cool. Especially considering dragons almost all retreated, as they began to be overhunted for their scales, horns, teeth, etc. Essentially like the buffalo.

Lunas Legion wrote:Not as late as usual, but here I am. Would've replied to TG, but I wanted to see what the hell spawned from the idea first before I joined.

Good to have you ^^ Like what you see? :P

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Aona wrote:
Illan wrote:

That would be pretty cool. Especially considering dragons almost all retreated, as they began to be overhunted for their scales, horns, teeth, etc. Essentially like the buffalo.

Lunas Legion wrote:Not as late as usual, but here I am. Would've replied to TG, but I wanted to see what the hell spawned from the idea first before I joined.

Good to have you ^^ Like what you see? :P

You should reboot it :)
Above even The Boss

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Is this still alive? :3
Above even The Boss

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:13 pm

Illan wrote:Is this still alive? :3

It's just a pace to come and talk, no need for a steady activity stream of we do a lot of talking in the OOC of rps anyway.

So no, not dead

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:06 am

Joshulia wrote:
Illan wrote:Is this still alive? :3

It's just a pace to come and talk, no need for a steady activity stream of we do a lot of talking in the OOC of rps anyway.

So no, not dead

Mhmm
My RPs:

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:08 am

Tarnen wrote:
Joshulia wrote:It's just a pace to come and talk, no need for a steady activity stream of we do a lot of talking in the OOC of rps anyway.

So no, not dead

Mhmm

You changed your flag????

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Tarnen wrote:Mhmm

You changed your flag????

Yes i did
My RPs:

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Knocky Knockk
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Relikai wrote:Knocky Knockk

No solicitors
My RPs:

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:40 pm

So I made this RP a while back anyone what to look at it and tell me what I could to improve on it.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=357106
My RPs:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse