NATION

PASSWORD

Varsity Row - Official HQ (RP Group/Studio) [OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Would all the cops be normal or what?

I ask as i have an idea, that coul;d add a humorous , there is one cop who always gets bitten or turned or dies, but the next time we see him he is fine, and the only explanation is either "Magic, duh", or "we stopped asking after the third funeral"

So a kenny cop?
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Tarnen wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Would all the cops be normal or what?

I ask as i have an idea, that coul;d add a humorous , there is one cop who always gets bitten or turned or dies, but the next time we see him he is fine, and the only explanation is either "Magic, duh", or "we stopped asking after the third funeral"

So a kenny cop?

Yes but with a slightly less plausible explanation. As it was explained that after Kenny dies, a new kenny is born, and grows up by the next day.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Tarnen wrote:So a kenny cop?

Yes but with a slightly less plausible explanation. As it was explained that after Kenny dies, a new kenny is born, and grows up by the next day.

Yes this I knew already
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Tarnen wrote:So a kenny cop?

I would enjoy there being a small, but still prevalent sect of cops that are mythical creatures as well. Every faction has its variables, and while many of the supernatural creatures would hate humanity, there would definitely be some vampires, angels, or mothmen in the force.
:^)

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

I am doing this cause i was as Board as a Plank.

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:17 pm

O'Flaherty's Authentic Irish Pub

(All similarities to anything both real and fake, is entirely illusionary and it is suggested you ignore them. All content here within is subject to Change.)

Owner: Douglass Finnegan A Big barrel Chested Bear of a man, possesses a Shaggy mane, of long copper colored hair. Stands at Nearly 6'7", can be described in a Word, sturdy, or intimidating, both apply.

History: The current building was built after the original was destroyed in 1871 following the Great Chicago Fires. It has been owned and operated by the Finnegan's for Centuries. It serves Pub food, but specializes in Traditional Irish food. It caters to nearly all beings, be they human or otherwise, though they have rules, you cause problems you are banned, And with the Owners connections, probably from not just the pub but other establishments in The Windy City.

(Will add more later)

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:07 pm

Aona wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Yes but with a slightly less plausible explanation. As it was explained that after Kenny dies, a new kenny is born, and grows up by the next day.

I would enjoy there being a small, but still prevalent sect of cops that are mythical creatures as well. Every faction has its variables, and while many of the supernatural creatures would hate humanity, there would definitely be some vampires, angels, or mothmen in the force.

Shiiiiiiiiiit

There'd be a rookie human cop right, straight out the academy, he's all 'bullets and body bags' and has serious opinons on the creatures of the night. Then he's assigned to precinct 32, one of the most intigrated units in the city where he's immediately met with the Chief, a werewolf(or something else) in their beast form. Either he says something super offensive or he draws his weapon and subsequently he's tackled to the ground and forced to go have a chat with HR.

He's then sent to HR where the representative is the most kind and reasonable Demon you've ever met and from then on, when interacting with the team he has to be accompanied by this 'sensitivity instructor'.
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:32 pm

I wasn't thinking of commenting on the supernatural Brooklyn 99 idea, but the sensitivity instructor is a stroke of brilliance. I will likely put in an application when it is launched.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Cresadine wrote:I wasn't thinking of commenting on the supernatural Brooklyn 99 idea, but the sensitivity instructor is a stroke of brilliance. I will likely put in an application when it is launched.

I'm assuming they'd be commonplace in this universe

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Cresadine wrote:I wasn't thinking of commenting on the supernatural Brooklyn 99 idea, but the sensitivity instructor is a stroke of brilliance. I will likely put in an application when it is launched.

I'm assuming they'd be commonplace in this universe

I cna see that, will we be discussing it all here till you get a OOC up or what?

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Joshulia wrote:I'm assuming they'd be commonplace in this universe

I cna see that, will we be discussing it all here till you get a OOC up or what?

That's the idea yes

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I cna see that, will we be discussing it all here till you get a OOC up or what?

That's the idea yes

You dont have to do this, but i would suggest, making a post about what all is needed till the worldbuilding is done for the Rp, or you could just wing it, as many of us do.

The Hobbesian Metaphysician
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:44 pm

So I noticed Seraphim is in the dead or completed roleplay part of the library.

I hope I am not reading that wrong :P.
Last edited by The Hobbesian Metaphysician on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am just going to lay it out here, I am going to be very blunt.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:53 pm

The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:So I noticed Seraphim is in the dead or completed roleplay part of the library.

For all terms and purposes, yes. Josh and I, for reasons stated last page (I think?) won't be advancing the story. It's unfortunate, but we felt it was necessary.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:56 pm

Aona wrote:
The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:So I noticed Seraphim is in the dead or completed roleplay part of the library.

For all terms and purposes, yes. Josh and I, for reasons stated last page (I think?) won't be advancing the story. It's unfortunate, but we felt it was necessary.

Well thats rather a shame.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:28 pm

The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:
Well thats rather a shame.

I agree. Those rare occasions where you just get burned out from the story due to outside factors and whatnot are never fun :/

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 pm

So I have a unique idea here.

Basically it covers an alternate history German Reich, and the world around it. Around 1970 it collapsed when someone somewhere tore a rift in the universe during an experiment in a prototype collider, and brought with it a thing known only as the blackness. The collider exploding propelling the being to swallow the city of Berlin along with New Berlin (Moscow).

The blackness reacted angrily, and began spreading throughout the Reich. Unfortunately while the emergency services attempted a massive evacuation to the eastern territories the Wehrmacht, and the SS fought over the control of government. This was the fault of the SS who tried to assassinate the Junta in place, and it failed territory. By 1980 a cloud of thick black has spread throughout the Reich taking its time tainting the land, and turning the majority of the survivors into mutates. The remaining people have formed factions to fight for resources, and against mutation all while the world built a massive wall to prevent the spread into the remnants of Europe. The remaining members of the Axis struggle to maintain control while other countries try to find a new identity in a Post-Reich world.

The U.S decided to remain isolationist thanks to the America First Party (believers in Huey Long), and kept the U.S out of the 2nd Great War. Now Japan is invading Australia, and the government in exile in Canada is fighting the Quebecois who have resulted to suicide bombings. While the U.S still has rampant racism against African-Americans, and Asians they have opened up to the rest of the Americas. Spain's civil war has spread a plague, and the French have reacted violently by bombing any refugee camps along the Pyrenees.

You get hired by the Rommel family to recover something they need from the old Reich, and a few other things as well. You need this money as it is quite a lot. You really don't have a choice, but to go beyond the wall, and take what the Rommels need. The blackness just hasn't mutated the land, and people, but created strange beings simply known as Omens. Formerly normal people transformed into powerful beings to serve their master, and cults worship them. If it spots you don't try, and fight it, but just run.

Now I have got to work out Factions since there is no Reich anymore, but remnants of those living there from cults to the leftovers of the Wehrmacht. The blackness itself will play a big role in the rp since it was brought to our war by force by those wacky nazi's. This roleplay will examine the fall of the Third Reich as well so I plan on a lot of scenery gorn. The world itself is on the edge as authoritarianism, and other branches have triumphed, but the world is struggling to handle the collapse of a superpower. Famine is a big thing since the Reich was the breadbasket of much of the world. The U.S is only interested in helping its follow countries in the Americas, and letting those "damn Europeans" get what they deserve. The biggest theme itself is how the Reich has swept under the rug one of its most unsavory plans.

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Hey nerds I said I'd post here I am ;)
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8
Have an RP you think I'd like? TG me

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:09 pm

The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:So I have a unique idea here.

Basically it covers an alternate history German Reich, and the world around it. Around 1970 it collapsed when someone somewhere tore a rift in the universe during an experiment in a prototype collider, and brought with it a thing known only as the blackness. The collider exploding propelling the being to swallow the city of Berlin along with New Berlin (Moscow).

The blackness reacted angrily, and began spreading throughout the Reich. Unfortunately while the emergency services attempted a massive evacuation to the eastern territories the Wehrmacht, and the SS fought over the control of government. This was the fault of the SS who tried to assassinate the Junta in place, and it failed territory. By 1980 a cloud of thick black has spread throughout the Reich taking its time tainting the land, and turning the majority of the survivors into mutates. The remaining people have formed factions to fight for resources, and against mutation all while the world built a massive wall to prevent the spread into the remnants of Europe. The remaining members of the Axis struggle to maintain control while other countries try to find a new identity in a Post-Reich world.

The U.S decided to remain isolationist thanks to the America First Party (believers in Huey Long), and kept the U.S out of the 2nd Great War. Now Japan is invading Australia, and the government in exile in Canada is fighting the Quebecois who have resulted to suicide bombings. While the U.S still has rampant racism against African-Americans, and Asians they have opened up to the rest of the Americas. Spain's civil war has spread a plague, and the French have reacted violently by bombing any refugee camps along the Pyrenees.

You get hired by the Rommel family to recover something they need from the old Reich, and a few other things as well. You need this money as it is quite a lot. You really don't have a choice, but to go beyond the wall, and take what the Rommels need. The blackness just hasn't mutated the land, and people, but created strange beings simply known as Omens. Formerly normal people transformed into powerful beings to serve their master, and cults worship them. If it spots you don't try, and fight it, but just run.

Now I have got to work out Factions since there is no Reich anymore, but remnants of those living there from cults to the leftovers of the Wehrmacht. The blackness itself will play a big role in the rp since it was brought to our war by force by those wacky nazi's. This roleplay will examine the fall of the Third Reich as well so I plan on a lot of scenery gorn. The world itself is on the edge as authoritarianism, and other branches have triumphed, but the world is struggling to handle the collapse of a superpower. Famine is a big thing since the Reich was the breadbasket of much of the world. The U.S is only interested in helping its follow countries in the Americas, and letting those "damn Europeans" get what they deserve. The biggest theme itself is how the Reich has swept under the rug one of its most unsavory plans.

I like it. As far as AU's surrounding the Germans go, this is one of the most creatively depressing, in that the entire world is pretty shit.
But I like it, bring any tough questions here and we'll see if we can get it up and running :)

Additional question: How do people feel about online roleplays that follow more traditional structures? Such as stats and dice rolls. I have a idea for a roleplay that plays somewhat like a mystery puzzler, and it would play most effectively with stats and chance involved.
Last edited by Aona on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:21 pm

Aona wrote:

I like it. As far as AU's surrounding the Germans go, this is one of the most creatively depressing, in that the entire world is pretty shit.
But I like it, bring any tough questions here and we'll see if we can get it up and running :)

Additional question: How do people feel about online roleplays that follow more traditional structures? Such as stats and dice rolls. I have a idea for a roleplay that plays somewhat like a mystery puzzler, and it would play most effectively with stats and chance involved.

I am in an rp with stats at the moment and was in a D&D based rp about pirates, until it died but it will be back.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Aona wrote:

Any AU that tends to involve a successful Reich tends to be pretty crapsack in terms of the world. Now the U.S wasn't completely comfortable with Nazi ideology, but they did elect a Nazi as president in the 1960s. Think of that an american styled Nazi (George Lincoln Rockwell) became president for four years, and there hasn't been one since. The Americans despite being rather fantastically racist in this roleplay aren't ready to become the " Fourth Reich", and take the place of Germany.

As for the questions thinking of them now.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Aona wrote:

YET YPU STILL REGUSE TO MAKE TIME FOR MY D&D CAMPAIGN

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Would anyone be in for a Superhero Rp?
The premise is below, i will add the rest later.

It was in the year 2005 that the term Heroes and Meta first emerged into the public eye and became mainstream. The first hero became known to the public after A group of criminals highjacked a armored semi and initiated a high-speed chase. As the semi was approaching a Police roadblock, a man in a faded green hoodie with a book in one hand and headphone walked into the middle of the street. It was obvious that the man was distracted by something as he didn’t notice the commotion around him until bullets from the Semi passed by his face. He turned towards the Sem, Long burnt gold hair escaping his hood as he did so, He stuck out a single arm. Everyone watching was expecting the man to be blown away like a ragdoll, but that didn’t happen. His large frame stood firm like a mountain, The cab of the Semi crumpled around the man’s arm like a hammer striking wet clay. He disengaged himself and walked away, everyone was too flabbergasted at what they had seen to move or chase after him.

That man was Robert Macintyre, who would later be known as Mr Invincible. Following the interview with him, revealing his identity, Other people who had powers, Who would be called Meta’s emerged. Just as heroes with powers emerged so did those who committed crimes with their abilities. Over the next 10 years a status quo was kept, Heroes would stop the crimes that the Villains would commit. That is until The Triumvirate vanished, their members Included Mr. Invincible, as well as two other equally as powerful Metas known as Duststorm (Who controlled Sand) and Twilight (Who controlled light and Darkness). They each held an area of the world in check, keeping the villains and criminals in check. Mr. Invincible had the America’s, Duststorm had Africa and Oceania while Twilight had Eurasia.

No one knows what became of them or why they vanished, but these are the facts.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:59 pm

Before I ask questions how does everyone feel about the idea I posted earlier?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:01 pm

The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:Before I ask questions how does everyone feel about the idea I posted earlier?

welll I dont mind it, but it will require a hell of a lot of work. Might be interesting.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:03 pm

I am in the process of making a D&D RP based on my own world. Map's bad but most other things are leveled out for a "Lvl 1-7" adventure.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse