NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Fall Of Coruscant (OOC/Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

I do not particularly care.

OK, flipping coin-head it is Satele, tails it is not.

OK, Satele it is.

Hmm...perhaps they put Satele on my characters ship to recover, then my characters go to save the Morning Star?

Just throwing out ideas.

I think we need to discuss, in the OOC, to avoid another incident, the response. At present, there are more Jedi than Sith in the room, but the Sith are rather powerful, so it evens out a bit, and there are a pair of Imperial military. If Delsis comes in, the Jedi get the Force edge, but she is a liability in a saber fight. The real question, though, is not combat capability, but reaction. Darth Baras actively wants Coruscant to go back to the Republic, Jurius obviously wants to keep it, so the two of them are going to go against one another. Baras is the superior in rank, Jurius may be a slightly better fighter, so it depends on his stubbornness. I think, though, that with Satele knocked out, the Jedi are going to end up attacking-Leneer and Dar'Nala are both too prone to anger for Jedi, especially Leneer, and will likely go after the Sith. I admit to not knowing much about Bakarn either way.

So, I think that, barring interference, that the room is going to erupt into a battle, just based off how the characters' personalities, and what just happened. Thoughts?
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

I do not particularly care.

OK, flipping coin-head it is Satele, tails it is not.

OK, Satele it is.

Hmm...perhaps they put Satele on my characters ship to recover, then my characters go to save the Morning Star?

Just throwing out ideas.

That would be interesting but they would have to get pass the blockage twice. I was thinking the Jedi on the ground meet up with Drekkie then meet up with your guys, while Brightstar, T21, and Bella work on the Morningstar.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Hmm...perhaps they put Satele on my characters ship to recover, then my characters go to save the Morning Star?

Just throwing out ideas.

I think we need to discuss, in the OOC, to avoid another incident, the response. At present, there are more Jedi than Sith in the room, but the Sith are rather powerful, so it evens out a bit, and there are a pair of Imperial military. If Delsis comes in, the Jedi get the Force edge, but she is a liability in a saber fight. The real question, though, is not combat capability, but reaction. Darth Baras actively wants Coruscant to go back to the Republic, Jurius obviously wants to keep it, so the two of them are going to go against one another. Baras is the superior in rank, Jurius may be a slightly better fighter, so it depends on his stubbornness. I think, though, that with Satele knocked out, the Jedi are going to end up attacking-Leneer and Dar'Nala are both too prone to anger for Jedi, especially Leneer, and will likely go after the Sith. I admit to not knowing much about Bakarn either way.

So, I think that, barring interference, that the room is going to erupt into a battle, just based off how the characters' personalities, and what just happened. Thoughts?

Master van Tor to the rescue!
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Hmm...perhaps they put Satele on my characters ship to recover, then my characters go to save the Morning Star?

Just throwing out ideas.

That Yoda randomly appears and whoops every ones ass

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:
Kyraina wrote:A Light Sith Jawa
what lol

Instead of a regular sith you make him a light sith and a Jawa, it would be a interesting twist

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Jurius seems like a over ambitious idiot who has no knowledge of logistics.
― Fred Rogers

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Jurius seems like a over ambitious idiot who has no knowledge of logistics.

*Cough*
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Jurius seems like a over ambitious idiot who has no knowledge of logistics.

Its more of a conquered your capital thing, now try to come and get it kind of thing

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Prolieum wrote:

*Cough*

Watch it you two. I won't tolerate this childish behavior towards a player that is not even online and if he was i wouldn't tolerate it even then
Last edited by Kyraina on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote: what lol

Instead of a regular sith you make him a light sith and a Jawa, it would be a interesting twist

So a grey Jedi lol

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Kyraina wrote:

Its more of a conquered your capital thing, now try to come and get it kind of thing

So....over ambitious and should probably be kept as far away from the war room as possible.
― Fred Rogers

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Yeah, Coruscant is repeatedly established to be absolutely horrible to hold-Wedge's Gamble, Star by Star/Rebel Stand, even Twilight Company in the new canon. There is a reason the Sith dropped it like a hot rock as soon as they were able, but Jurius does not seem to realize just how such things work.
Last edited by Prolieum on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Male.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Kyraina wrote:

Just throwing out ideas.

That would be interesting but they would have to get pass the blockage twice. I was thinking the Jedi on the ground meet up with Drekkie then meet up with your guys, while Brightstar, T21, and Bella work on the Morningstar.

I meant after the Moringingstar got out.
― Fred Rogers

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Prolieum wrote:Yeah, Coruscant is repeatedly establish to be absolutely horrible to hold-Wedge's Gamble, Star by Star, even Twilight Company in the new canon. There is a reason the Sith dropped it like a hot rock as soon as they were able, but Jurius does not seem to realize just how such things work.

I imagine Coruscant would be easy to hold if properly maintained and under good leadership. It's basically one big urban battle, which probably favors the defenders.
― Fred Rogers

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Instead of a regular sith you make him a light sith and a Jawa, it would be a interesting twist

So a grey Jedi lol

No not a Grey Jedi but this

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Prolieum wrote:Yeah, Coruscant is repeatedly establish to be absolutely horrible to hold-Wedge's Gamble, Star by Star, even Twilight Company in the new canon. There is a reason the Sith dropped it like a hot rock as soon as they were able, but Jurius does not seem to realize just how such things work.

I imagine Coruscant would be easy to hold if properly maintained and under good leadership. It's basically one big urban battle, which probably favors the defenders.

Urban Warfare doesn't offer any advantages to one side or the other. Also if you blockade a planet that is a city it won't be able to with stand a siege for more then a Couple weeks

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:

Two factors-impossible to feed outside your supply lines, and impossible to hold if the defenders do not like you. Twilight Company nails it-on a planet of trillions of beings, if even one-tenth of one percent stand against you, you have billions of enemies, on a planet that is nothing but city, where they can hide under kilometers of steel, and on a planet that needs its entire environment, traffic, everything carefully regulated because of how artificial it is. You essentially can only conquer Coruscant politically, via a grueling and casualty-ridden extermination of pretty much the entire populace, or by just letting everyone starve.
Male.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Kyraina wrote:That would be interesting but they would have to get pass the blockage twice. I was thinking the Jedi on the ground meet up with Drekkie then meet up with your guys, while Brightstar, T21, and Bella work on the Morningstar.

I meant after the Moringingstar got out.

It has to make it pass the blockade first and it can't even leave the planet in its current state

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:I imagine Coruscant would be easy to hold if properly maintained and under good leadership. It's basically one big urban battle, which probably favors the defenders.

Urban Warfare doesn't offer any advantages to one side or the other. Also if you blockade a planet that is a city it won't be able to with stand a siege for more then a Couple weeks

True, but it is also connected to almost every big hyperspace route in the galaxy-in a couple of weeks, every ship in the Republic/Empire can be going after your blockaders.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:I meant after the Moringingstar got out.

It has to make it pass the blockade first and it can't even leave the planet in its current state

If only there was a smuggler with a ship big enough to fit everyone and a clearance to pass the blockade on the planet...
Male.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:I imagine Coruscant would be easy to hold if properly maintained and under good leadership. It's basically one big urban battle, which probably favors the defenders.

Two factors-impossible to feed outside your supply lines, and impossible to hold if the defenders do not like you. Twilight Company nails it-on a planet of trillions of beings, if even one-tenth of one percent stand against you, you have billions of enemies, on a planet that is nothing but city, where they can hide under kilometers of steel, and on a planet that needs its entire environment, traffic, everything carefully regulated because of how artificial it is. You essentially can only conquer Coruscant politically, via a grueling and casualty-ridden extermination of pretty much the entire populace, or by just letting everyone starve.

Third factor-no matter how well trained on melee and urban warfare a troop is, there is always so much out of their control that you won't find on a battle field that is not in a urban area

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:48 pm

So here's my plan from my understand of the situation.

Master van Tor is gonna come in with Emilgotha, try and calm down the situation to stop any fighting he'll take Satele to his ship for her to heal and wait until the Morningstar gets off Coruscant, sends a distress single and help them.

And then he'll challenge the Emperor to a dance battle.
― Fred Rogers

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Urban Warfare doesn't offer any advantages to one side or the other. Also if you blockade a planet that is a city it won't be able to with stand a siege for more then a Couple weeks

True, but it is also connected to almost every big hyperspace route in the galaxy-in a couple of weeks, every ship in the Republic/Empire can be going after your blockaders.

But if a fleet say the size of one that was first outside naboo in episode one, then its going to be a very long space fight before boots even hit the ground no matter how many fleets you bring in to attack.

I saw this time and time again in Afghanistan

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

Third factor-no matter how well trained on melee and urban warfare a troop is, there is always so much out of their control that you won't find on a battle field that is not in a urban area

This statement is rather confusingly worded. There are things out of their control that only happens on non-urban non-battlefields? I think something got typo'd, I cannot understand what you are saying.

And, on that topic, Imperium, if you can see this, I would like you to reword your latest post-I still do not understand it.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

But if a fleet say the size of one that was first outside naboo in episode one, then its going to be a very long space fight before boots even hit the ground no matter how many fleets you bring in to attack.

I saw this time and time again in Afghanistan

Well, yes, but the enemy is not going to have boots on the ground either-planetary shields, and Coruscant has the best.
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse