NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Fall Of Coruscant (OOC/Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:It has to make it pass the blockade first and it can't even leave the planet in its current state

If only there was a smuggler with a ship big enough to fit everyone and a clearance to pass the blockade on the planet...

That's why I suggested the 3 Jedi run into Drekkie and convince her to take them off world, whole Brightstar, Bella, and T21 salvage parts from the Aerosteel to fix the Morningstar
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:But if a fleet say the size of one that was first outside naboo in episode one, then its going to be a very long space fight before boots even hit the ground no matter how many fleets you bring in to attack.

I saw this time and time again in Afghanistan

Well, yes, but the enemy is not going to have boots on the ground either-planetary shields, and Coruscant has the best.

Then how do the blockaders control the population if they don't have boots on the ground. It has been established that the sith do have forces on the ground

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Character Name: Clique
Jedi Or Sith: sith

Rank/Class:Light Sith (affiated with Empire)

Height: 1 meter
Race/Species: Jawa
Appearance: Image
Home world: Tatooine
Personality: Aggressive, ambitious and very hot headed
Biography:(on my phone so this might be short) Clique was born on Tatooine, but was captured by a group of sith who wanted to make him a slave. But they later found out after several years that Clique could use the force and he had been paying attention to the sith. He force pushed his master into a wall and then picked up his saber. Before he killed him, a sith Lord saw this and encouraged this and took him as an apprentice. He was interested in both sides of the force, so he found ways to learn the Jedi teachings as well as the sith. Over the years, he grew stronger in the force and eventually killed his master and took his master's former estate. Clique made a saber that suited him not long after gaining his freedom or well being an apprentice. He made a small Pike saber and is now exploring Taris
Lightsaber: a short Pike saber, red colored
Midichlorian Count: 8,900
Strengths: mentally strong, quick and manipulative
Weaknesses: short, likes to drink and doesn't trust anyone
Starting Location: Orbit of Taris
RP Sample: :p

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

If only there was a smuggler with a ship big enough to fit everyone and a clearance to pass the blockade on the planet...

That's why I suggested the 3 Jedi run into Drekkie and convince her to take them off world, whole Brightstar, Bella, and T21 salvage parts from the Aerosteel to fix the Morningstar

I must have missed that. I am fine with that, though Drekkie is near Arctura, who does not really have anything to do. Though a bunch of Jedi showing up certainly would be something for her. How would you play them finding her? One of the downsides of being a Force Blank is that people cannot really remember you, so it would have to be coincidence-they send someone to the spaceport for some reason? Drekkie looks at the Temple?
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

Well, yes, but the enemy is not going to have boots on the ground either-planetary shields, and Coruscant has the best.

Then how do the blockaders control the population if they don't have boots on the ground. It has been established that the sith do have forces on the ground

The Sith do, in this situation, but I thought we were talking about a generalized one-Malgus's team brought the shields down, which is how they landed in the first place.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:So here's my plan from my understand of the situation.

Master van Tor is gonna come in with Emilgotha, try and calm down the situation to stop any fighting he'll take Satele to his ship for her to heal and wait until the Morningstar gets off Coruscant, sends a distress single and help them.

And then he'll challenge the Emperor to a dance battle.

Thoughts? This is for Alderaan.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Third factor-no matter how well trained on melee and urban warfare a troop is, there is always so much out of their control that you won't find on a battle field that is not in a urban area

This statement is rather confusingly worded. There are things out of their control that only happens on non-urban non-battlefields? I think something got typo'd, I cannot understand what you are saying.

And, on that topic, Imperium, if you can see this, I would like you to reword your latest post-I still do not understand it.

Ground forces hate urban warfare. Why we hate it that
1.there is way much going on in a urban area to effectively fight .
2 there are way to many places to hide.
3 all the frigging corners in buildings make it hard to get clear lanes of fire and at times to use melee weapons.
4. It is slow and time consuming.
5. You will at times doling fighting at distances of 100s of meters to just tens of meters
6. Never constint
7. Warfare outside of a urban environment has a lot less variables to deal with

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:So here's my plan from my understand of the situation.

Master van Tor is gonna come in with Emilgotha, try and calm down the situation to stop any fighting he'll take Satele to his ship for her to heal and wait until the Morningstar gets off Coruscant, sends a distress single and help them.

And then he'll challenge the Emperor to a dance battle.

Thoughts? This is for Alderaan.

Seems fine to me, I will need to throw in an RP bit on Delsis at Alderaan beforehand though, to describe the fight starting.
Male.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Then how do the blockaders control the population if they don't have boots on the ground. It has been established that the sith do have forces on the ground

The Sith do, in this situation, but I thought we were talking about a generalized one-Malgus's team brought the shields down, which is how they landed in the first place.

The amount of Space traffic before the attack would have kept the shields from being deployed with out proper warning

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

This statement is rather confusingly worded. There are things out of their control that only happens on non-urban non-battlefields? I think something got typo'd, I cannot understand what you are saying.

And, on that topic, Imperium, if you can see this, I would like you to reword your latest post-I still do not understand it.

Ground forces hate urban warfare. Why we hate it that
3 all the frigging corners in buildings make it hard to get clear lanes of fire and at times to use melee weapons.
5. You will at times doling fighting at distances of 100s of meters to just tens of meters
6. Never constint

OK, then we are on the same page. Also huge is the nixing of artillery almost entirely, and a great deal of armor as well, a lesser-equipped force can take on a better-off one when in such a situation, and in Coruscant, with all the levels, in many places air support is out of the question as well-which is why you can never take the planet if a significant fraction is working against you.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

The amount of Space traffic before the attack would have kept the shields from being deployed with out proper warning

They were up. One can only drop in so close to a planet, especially with capships, and especially with Coruscant's multi-layered shielding, there is enough time to raise them. If not, Malgus's strike at the Temple would have been pointless (a morale action, sure, but if you want to exterminate the Jedi, better to just start with the orbital bombardment.)
Male.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Ground forces hate urban warfare. Why we hate it that
6. Never constint

OK, then we are on the same page. Also huge is the nixing of artillery almost entirely, and a great deal of armor as well, a lesser-equipped force can take on a better-off one when in such a situation, and in Coruscant, with all the levels, in many places air support is out of the question as well-which is why you can never take the planet if a significant fraction is working against you.

Your also talking to a vet who has a fairly good experience with urban and rural warfare. More then I care to have. The thing is we did it in Iraq and Afghanistan. A fleet like the one in the Sacking would have no problem capturing the planet within a couple days with the massive amount of surprise they had

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Thoughts? This is for Alderaan.

Seems fine to me, I will need to throw in an RP bit on Delsis at Alderaan beforehand though, to describe the fight starting.

Let me know.
― Fred Rogers

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:

They were up. One can only drop in so close to a planet, especially with capships, and especially with Coruscant's multi-layered shielding, there is enough time to raise them. If not, Malgus's strike at the Temple would have been pointless (a morale action, sure, but if you want to exterminate the Jedi, better to just start with the orbital bombardment.)

Again they would have been down before hand because of the amount of space traffic Coruscant recieves. The Sith knew this, the republic military knew this, and so did the Jedi. But the later could not do any thing to keep the shield raised on a permanent basis during the war.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:Character Name: Clique
Jedi Or Sith: sith

Rank/Class:Light Sith (affiated with Empire)

Height: 1 meter
Race/Species: Jawa
Appearance: (Image)
Home world: Tatooine
Personality: Aggressive, ambitious and very hot headed
Biography:(on my phone so this might be short) Clique was born on Tatooine, but was captured by a group of sith who wanted to make him a slave. But they later found out after several years that Clique could use the force and he had been paying attention to the sith. He force pushed his master into a wall and then picked up his saber. Before he killed him, a sith Lord saw this and encouraged this and took him as an apprentice. He was interested in both sides of the force, so he found ways to learn the Jedi teachings as well as the sith. Over the years, he grew stronger in the force and eventually killed his master and took his master's former estate. Clique made a saber that suited him not long after gaining his freedom or well being an apprentice. He made a small Pike saber and is now exploring Taris
Lightsaber: a short Pike saber, red colored
Midichlorian Count: 8,900
Strengths: mentally strong, quick and manipulative
Weaknesses: short, likes to drink and doesn't trust anyone
Starting Location: Orbit of Taris
RP Sample: :p

Like it accepted

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

Again they would have been down before hand because of the amount of space traffic Coruscant recieves. The Sith knew this, the republic military knew this, and so did the Jedi. But the later could not do any thing to keep the shield raised on a permanent basis during the war.

Nowhere am I saying that it was up on a permanent basis. What I am saying is that they had time to raise them. It is essentially knights and castles-you may have the drawbridge down to let in trade, but you can raise it if you see enemy forces coming.

Kyraina wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

Your also talking to a vet who has a fairly good experience with urban and rural warfare. More then I care to have. The thing is we did it in Iraq and Afghanistan. A fleet like the one in the Sacking would have no problem capturing the planet within a couple days with the massive amount of surprise they had

Nowhere do I argue that they cannot capture it-what I am arguing is their ability to pacify it. The largest operational group for the Sith military is forty thousand men, which is an absurdly low amount for a galactic war, but is, sadly, canon. Even if they had a hundred of these-which are special formations, only formed for special assaults, and under the command of a Moff or high-ranking Sith Lord, they would be outnumbered nearly a thousand to one if only one-tenth of one percent of the populace turned against them.
Last edited by Prolieum on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Again they would have been down before hand because of the amount of space traffic Coruscant recieves. The Sith knew this, the republic military knew this, and so did the Jedi. But the later could not do any thing to keep the shield raised on a permanent basis during the war.

Nowhere am I saying that it was up on a permanent basis. What I am saying is that they had time to raise them. It is essentially knights and castles-you may have the drawbridge down to let in trade, but you can raise it if you see enemy forces coming.

Kyraina wrote:Your also talking to a vet who has a fairly good experience with urban and rural warfare. More then I care to have. The thing is we did it in Iraq and Afghanistan. A fleet like the one in the Sacking would have no problem capturing the planet within a couple days with the massive amount of surprise they had

Nowhere do I argue that they cannot capture it-what I am arguing is their ability to pacify it. The largest operational group for the Sith military is forty thousand men, which is an absurdly low amount for a galactic war, but is, sadly, canon. Even if they had a hundred of these-which are special formations, only formed for special assaults, and under the command of a Moff or high-ranking Sith Lord, they would be outnumbered nearly a thousand to one if only one-tenth of one percent of the populace turned against them.

They really need to stop putting numbers for organizations that are not something like the Council.
― Fred Rogers

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:17 pm

The no swear rule, is that just for the OOC or also for the IC?
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

They really need to stop putting numbers for organizations that are not something like the Council.

It depends on the author really. Some of them, like Stover, really get the scale, and just the sheer power-turbolaser bolts are vastly stronger than even the largest nuclear weapons, but everyone just treats them like artillery-strike level, except for the rare few. His, and some other ones, had the more realistic numbers-quintillions of Battle Droids in the Clone Wars, for instance.

Though, technically, the Division is 20-40,000, and an Assault Group is just 40,000+, so we can just assume it consists of 1-10,000 divisions and take it from there.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:20 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:The no swear rule, is that just for the OOC or also for the IC?

Huh, I missed the no language rule. That is nice.
Male.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Again they would have been down before hand because of the amount of space traffic Coruscant recieves. The Sith knew this, the republic military knew this, and so did the Jedi. But the later could not do any thing to keep the shield raised on a permanent basis during the war.

Kyraina wrote:Your also talking to a vet who has a fairly good experience with urban and rural warfare. More then I care to have. The thing is we did it in Iraq and Afghanistan. A fleet like the one in the Sacking would have no problem capturing the planet within a couple days with the massive amount of surprise they had

1. To answer the first part, the Jedi nor the republic military were expecting a attack on Coruscant and did not recieves ample warning to deploy the shield.

To say the second part. Numbers mean absolutely nothing in urban warfare especially when they fight with the way the sith forces do, and don't care about killing civilians like the republic military probably does.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Prolieum wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:The no swear rule, is that just for the OOC or also for the IC?

Huh, I missed the no language rule. That is nice.

Both but both Winter and I broke it. I have a hard time not cussing

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:24 pm

There is no Jedi in the temple

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Kyraina wrote:

Um...
Male.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Kyraina wrote:

Oh... I shall edit.

Also, Malice feels restrained, being unable to cuss when angry...
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse